Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

What Other Games Shall We Try Here?

Oops.  I saw "game" and immediately asked myself what time it was.

Maybe a picture thing for a Forum Game?  As in post a screen cap from a show and identify the show?  Or post four screen caps from shows and identify the common theme?

• Like 1

What about a game where we quote a line from a show describing or referencing one of the show's characters and players get points by identifying the show & character the line refers to?  The hint, if needed, could be the character who speaks the line.

E.g. Clue: "_____ _____ is smarter than me."  Answer: Show: Veronica Mars; Character: Veronica Mars.

Has that been done in real Game Time?  I can't remember.

• Like 2

It's a game that revolves around an "uninformed majority" versus the "informed minority".  There's a WP article that explains the in-person version here, and there's an excellent explanation of the rules at the beginning of the TWoP Heroes Mafia thread here (WARNING: That original "Heroes Mafia" thread started as something to help us while away the time when the show was off the air due to the WGA strike, and evolved into something that had its own LiveJournal page with the tag line, "Heroes Mafia: Because Having a Life is Dumb."  Read past the first few pages at your own risk.)

We're about to start what will likely be the ceremonial Last Game of Mafia over there at this page.  Watch us if you like!  :)

Can we have a thread like the one called "My Motivation is this..."? The motivational poster thread over on TWOP was pretty dang funny. Loved going through it and checking out everyone's posters.

Yeah, PMs won't be here until at least when I can review IPB 4.0 (forum software) ETA unknown beyond 2014.

Ow, OK... yeah, that would make a Mafia game hard to pull off.  Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, PMs won't be here until at least when I can review IPB 4.0 (forum software) ETA unknown beyond 2014.

Heh to that! Guess you've been busy then with all the new members!

*twiddles thumbs and waits paitently*

*Opens bottel of Tequila to cope* ...I never was good at paitence lol

I miss the Rae Dawn Chong Challenge (where recaps were incorporating Pyramid-style entries for the same category, and we had to work out both that something was happening and what the category itself was), but I understand if that would be impossible to bring over here.

Damn. I'd suggest more esoteric categories - something like "Obnoxious Cutesy Amazing Race Detour Titles" or whatever, but the problem with that is once you work out an RDCC is taking place the topic would fall pretty easily.

You mean like "Manic Earth Gaze" = "The Amazing Race"? I'm so in.

Maybe if not the full RDCC, we could do it as a forum game, kind of like Tribond (here are three things, find the link) except with the original poster adding more and more things as time passes until the link is guessed?

• Like 2

This might not be exciting enough but we could always try guessing a movie based on it's imdb description. http://hugequiz.com/quizzes/movies/movies-by-imdb-description/

My other idea is a variation on the Hollywood Game Night games. Obviously it would be a bit of work to mashup two actors faces or two movie posters on photoshop. But we could give clues. I'm terrible at clue-giving but for example you could mashup Jennifer Lawrence/with Laurence Olivier. 

I've seen this around the internet... how about a take one letter out of a movie or tv show game? We'd have to take one letter out to make a new title and then make up a new plot for it. Optional: Make a mashup poster for it.

For example: CSI: Y

A show where detectives have to find out what happened to the rest of the alphabet.

I've seen this around the internet... how about a take one letter out of a movie or tv show game? We'd have to take one letter out to make a new title and then make up a new plot for it. Optional: Make a mashup poster for it.

For example: CSI: Y

A show where detectives have to find out what happened to the rest of the alphabet.

I didn't search for it--is this kind of the idea?

(The Bridge)

The Bride

Left at the altar, she will make him pay--in blood

I didn't search for it--is this kind of the idea?

(The Bridge)

The Bride

Left at the altar, she will make him pay--in blood

Yep. That's it. Good one, by the way.

How about the old TWoP standby, the survival game?

I'd be all for it.

How about a TV word association game?

6 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

How about a The Masked Singer game? In it, you have to guess the celebrity from the clues that is described just like the show.

Anyone is free to create any game threads they like here.

• Like 1