Type keyword(s) to search

Goliath - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, hiccup said:

@Mindthinkr Overall, did you like this season?  So far, I like it, but not as much as I liked season 1.  

I find it very different from season one. I liked it ok but wasn’t so sure about the ending. I think I liked the first season better but this one did have a few unexpected twists. 

My favorite thing from either episode 6 or 7

Spoiler

Steven Bauer who played Avi on Ray Donovan had a small part. He looked good  

• Love 2

I just finished & thought it was good.  I'm glad Patty & Brittany "made up".  Love that Marva is still with him & they keep the office in the motel.  Poor Brit though, falling for Tom.  Though karma definitely smacked him upside the head in the end!

It was definitely more intense than season 1 in terms of the other characters.  Billy seemed to be functioning pretty well, aside from the Mexican bender and ending up with Janet. Now SHE made me laugh.  He was still drinking, but sharper than last season.  And giving him the classic Mustang convertible was SWEET.  Perfect to replace that crazy hybrid that replaced the fish-mobile!

I buzzed through half the season last night & the others this morning.  Time well spent.  I'm loving Billy Bob in this role, and can see another season or 2 I hope.  

Spoiler

But I'd really like it if his client would actually live through to the end.  And I'd like him to find a nice woman.  

• Love 4

I was glad to spend time with Billy and his "honeys" but man. Season one was primarily a twisty, back and forth legal battle and crime investigation, but this season was dark. The opening scene with the two cops casually shooting people like it was target practice set the sociopathic tone. I had to fast forward through the amputation stuff.

Tom was one of the most supremely fucked-up bad guys in TV history; Duplass might be up for an award along with Billy Bob this time, although I personally think Nina Arianda as Patty steals the show whenever she's on screen.

• Love 8

@Mindthinkr  Well, I finished it, and I hated the ending.  That being said, I still liked the season overall, and I do hope there is another season.  I'll do the rest of my thoughts in a spoiler...

Spoiler

This season definitely needed more Patty. I like Brittany ok, but wish she would have had more to do. I really liked JT and if there is another season, I hope he is back. 

As for the ending, I hated that it didn't end with Marisol being dragged away in handcuffs. Speaking of Marisol, I would have liked to have known what she did in her youth that made the Sister say that stuff to her when they were in the church. Obviously it was bad, but I want details. I also would like to know what was behind Gabriel's amputation fetish, because it's clear that when Marisol was telling Billy about the guy who tied her up and pretended she had no legs or arms, she was referring to him. I mean, I guess she could have been talking about Tom, but unless I missed something, there was no indication that she and Tom ever had a thing. 

Maybe I'm just missing a lot of things and not seeing the deeper picture.  What about the ending are you still processing?

• Love 4

Just finished Season 2:  So much to process.

1.)  Very different from Season 1, but I still liked it on an equal level.  I'm kinda glad they gave it extra time between seasons instead of rushing it (looking at YOU, True Detective Season 2.), because it helped in a lot of ways....but, now that I've power-watched season 2...I really hope there is a season 3 -- just hope it's not a year and a half wait.

2.)  Mad props to the writers for managing to make H.R. Puffenstuff creepy AF.  (I mean SERIOUSLY...that was just....disturbing on Ramsey Bolton levels.)

3.)  Tom…..WOW, dude.....I don't wanna be around when the drugs wear off.  Ugh!  Just...UGH!  

4.)  I love Billy Bob.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 2727 said:

I was glad to spend time with Billy and his "honeys" but man. Season one was primarily a twisty, back and forth legal battle and crime investigation, but this season was dark. The opening scene with the two cops casually shooting people like it was target practice set the sociopathic tone. I had to fast forward through the amputation stuff.

Tom was one of the most supremely fucked-up bad guys in TV history; Duplass might be up for an award along with Billy Bob this time, although I personally think Nina Arianda as Patty steals the show whenever she's on screen.

I agree with you about Patty/Nina. 

But tom was pretty arresting too. Could have done without the ampitation kink. Too bizarre. 

6 hours ago, hiccup said:

@Mindthinkr  Well, I finished it, and I hated the ending.  That being said, I still liked the season overall, and I do hope there is another season.  I'll do the rest of my thoughts in a spoiler...

Hide contents

This season definitely needed more Patty. I like Brittany ok, but wish she would have had more to do. I really liked JT and if there is another season, I hope he is back. 

As for the ending, I hated that it didn't end with Marisol being dragged away in handcuffs. Speaking of Marisol, I would have liked to have known what she did in her youth that made the Sister say that stuff to her when they were in the church. Obviously it was bad, but I want details. I also would like to know what was behind Gabriel's amputation fetish, because it's clear that when Marisol was telling Billy about the guy who tied her up and pretended she had no legs or arms, she was referring to him. I mean, I guess she could have been talking about Tom, but unless I missed something, there was no indication that she and Tom ever had a thing. 

Maybe I'm just missing a lot of things and not seeing the deeper picture.  What about the ending are you still processing?

I assumed it was Tom she was talking about. 

• Love 1

First, let me say how much I absolutely loathed the beginning of episode 7.  It was crazy. It was random.  It felt like the show was trying to be more abstract and deeper than it is and didn't fit the genre.  I was so bored even though I like the actors who played those holding Billy. 

I preferred the first season overall.  It felt more like the legal drama as promised whereas this season felt more investigative than legal.  And there at least was justice last season but none really this season.  Billy had no clients.  One bad guy got his comeuppance but the main architects are still out there.  I don't know, if there is a third season, if they're planning on following up on the caretel storyline but that was unresolved. 

And yet, even though it was more depressing, this season's finale worked better with this season than season one's finale worked with the previous episodes.  Last season, the tight storytelling felt really sloppy at the end.  It was hard to take but this ending worked with the season.

One thing that confused me was why it was so important that Julio went down when it would have been just as easy to put it all on Tito.  And then they could kill him. I can't believe no one suggested it if only to explain why it wouldn't work.

There wasn't enough Patty.  And James Wolk was wasted as well. 

I missed Marisol talking about the boyfriend who pretended she didn't have limbs but I think that's Tom.  She was the one who connected him to Gabriel.  As for what she did that made the nun kick her out, I don't know but maybe it's related to the cartel.  It sounds like her parents were affiliated with the mob and Gabriel's parents killed her parents.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Billy had no clients. One bad guy got his comeuppance but the main architects are still out there.  I don't know, if there is a third season, if they're planning on following up on the cartel storyline but that was unresolved. 

My main concern about unresolved plot points is that they are going to freaking reappear next season! I have zero interest in seeing any more of Marisol or evil drug kingpins.

I think a lot of the reason I enjoyed season one more is because David Kelley is so masterful at writing for TV, and the episodes had a familiar rhythm with a beginning, middle, and climax. This season the episodes seemed more amorphous and filler-y. (But I often find the "10 hour movie" format of a lot of streaming series to be plodding and unfocused, so that's on me.)

• Love 1

This whole season felt like a big waste of time/ setup for season 3. Nobody of importance got their comeuppance, and a real life goliath  was set up for season 3, if they choose to go that way. I guess I was supposed to be creeped out by all the limb chopping but I became immune to it. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, 2727 said:

although I personally think Nina Arianda as Patty steals the show whenever she's on screen.

It was hilarious when Billy left her and the man alone at the table and he asks her how long has she worked with Billy? She says "no" and shakes her head ... correctly assuming he's hitting on her, but reacting too strongly too fast -- the acting conveyed it all perfectly. The scenes in the ep. with her family ... LOL ... one can see why she is the way she is.

I liked episodes 6 & 7. Ep. 7 was one of those off the wall sorts of episodes series have once in a while. And, by the way, I saw influences of Breaking Bad, The Godfather, and North by Northwest (with a drone instead of a plane).

Edited by riverclown
  • Love 4
On 6/15/2018 at 10:03 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Wow. I can’t believe that I am the only one that is watching this!! 

I'm watching - I really enjoyed the first season, and I like this one, too (although the amputee fetish is squicking me out, and I'm just waiting for Brittany to end up on that table). I've just finished episode five.

• Love 2

I also love Nina Arianda. That part where she describes how everything will be great until they hit a routine cracked me up. "And then comes the VICKS!" haha!

There are only three more episodes? I was hoping for ten altogether. Damn. 

• Love 5

This is random, but 25 years later I still have this image of Billy Bob from Hearts Afire in my head. He was so funny on that show and I miss his comedic acting.

hearts.JPG

• Love 4

I finished. I wanted Marisol to be arrested. I hope nothing else happens to the woman that she fired. If only someone had dropped off the information about Marisol at a TV station or newspaper, so that it could be published online, and talked about on-air. Connections to the mafia, the murders, and so on. I am pissed that she got away, although if there is a season three, then I guess they could go after her there. Shame that Patty took the phone. I know why she did it, but James Wolk WAS nice, and I liked them together. 

I might watch the first season again. I don't remember much about it.

• Love 2
On 6/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I find it very different from season one. I liked it ok but wasn’t so sure about the ending. I think I liked the first season better but this one did have a few unexpected twists. 

My favorite thing from either episode 6 or 7

Hide contents

Steven Bauer who played Avi on Ray Donovan had a small part. He looked good  

I finished season 2 today.  I am disappointed.  The directing was too Indie for an 8 part series based on a successful first season.  Psycho-sexual storyline took away from what could have been a good plot.  I can’t see a season 3 after this. 

7 hours ago, Anela said:

I also love Nina Arianda. That part where she describes how everything will be great until they hit a routine cracked me up. "And then comes the VICKS!" haha!

There are only three more episodes? I was hoping for ten altogether. Damn. 

Best scene in the entire season 2!

• Love 2
On 6/16/2018 at 6:48 PM, hiccup said:

What about the ending are you still processing?

That there were so many loose ends and things left undone. There was no feeling of justice like season one. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I haven't finished watching; I'm about half-way through, but I can safely say how glad I am that I was too old for HR Pufnstuff. I would never be able to look at it quite the same way.

That was very creepy. 

20 hours ago, Anela said:

I love her and there definitely was not enough of her this season.

11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That there were so many loose ends and things left undone. There was no feeling of justice like season one. 

Yes, totally agree!

• Love 4

I started watching the first episode, fell asleep about 20 mins in and woke to maybe the 3rd episode? It was so gory, I could only watch for a few minutes. Are all episodes gory? 

I bailed after ep #5. I'm just not interested in the entire story line. As much as I love BBT, it's not enough to keep me watching. Perhaps, as I age, I'm losing patience with gore. Life's too short to watch stuff that makes you uncomfortable.

• Love 2

Let's just presume everyone coming here has watched the full season...I guess not everyone assumes this.

Spoiler

Was it ever revealed why the Chinese lady named Applebees was also abducted?  And did Tom really deserve the ending he received?   I thought it was extra harsh but probably fitting.  

• Love 1

I've just finished the first episode.

I just came here to check for comments from the first episode. I don't want to read any more than that because of spoilers, but was I the only person who felt the heat from the instant chemistry between the mayor candidate and Billy in that first meeting? Whoa! That was some great acting.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ina123 said:

I've just finished the first episode.

I just came here to check for comments from the first episode. I don't want to read any more than that because of spoilers, but was I the only person who felt the heat from the instant chemistry between the mayor candidate and Billy in that first meeting? Whoa! That was some great acting.

That’s the problem with the All Episodes Talk threads. You want to discuss things that have piqued your interest (or have questions) but you don’t want to be spoiled by what’s to come. Welcome to the second season. 

• Love 4

Why does patty hate Brittany?  Patty told Billy to keep Brittany away from her while she comes back to work for Billy.  I don’t remember first season. Google says Brittany testified against Billy ?  For what?  Thanks

Brittany is one cool cucumber. She was probably moments away from something way beyond kinky sex happening during that last date with Tom. I think it's one thing to be accepting of your partner's kinks but maybe you should allow for the possibility that their sadism can lead to your irreparable harm. Or death.

Duplass might be up for an award along with Billy Bob this time,

I don't think I've ever seen Mark Duplass in a non-comedy role before. AFAIC he owned this season.

I guess I was supposed to be creeped out by all the limb chopping but I became immune to it.

I thought I'd gotten immune to it too until that last scene with Tom. I had to look away until the next scene. Goliath says, "Your move, Game of Thrones..."

Billy Bob from Hearts Afire

Wow, BBT was a lot heavier back then. Now he's practically a walking skeleton.

There's no word yet on a 3rd season. I'll be surprised if there is one but then I didn't expect a 2nd season either since they made it seem like Billy was walking into the ocean to drown himself. At least this time the ending was more hopeful. (Though how he's going to stay in LA knowing what the mayor and her crime lord brother have done is beyond me. And there's no way he can take them on without any proof and without risking the lives of everyone he cares for.)

• Love 2

Season 2 wasn't announced until four months after Season 1 dropped so I'm not surprised it hasn't been announced yet---although Amazon has had a lot of changes/cancellations since Goliath S2 was announced.

Well, now that I've finished it, I can finally read this thread.  I guess I liked it more than a lot of you did.  I was REALLY squicked out by the amputation scenes and H.R. Pufnstuf.   What was happening in the one scene (flashback) where Tom found his mom and his sister dead? Did he kill them? I found some of those aspects confusing, as well as VERY disturbing.  Also disturbing: Gabriel's obsession with Marisol, and him saying he was in bed with her when she got her first period, even though he considered himself her "brother."  Also: Billy's co-hostage having to stab that guy in the groin in order for them to get away, and Billy throwing the hot water in that other girl's face.  And what Marisol had done to Elena.  Just all so violent and awful! But at the same time, the bleakness and "Oh my god did that really happen" aspect is something I'm drawn to in TV shows so I can't really complain.  

The ending did feel a little incomplete. I was hoping to see more consequences for Marisol.  At least Brittany didn't become a victim of Tom.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Just finished here as well. Good Christ, that was darker than I was expecting. This was far darker than the nastiest bits of G.R.R.M's imagination, in fact. So many major characters getting whacked, seemingly at random. I had about a 40% guess rate on who was going to make it to the end. Sadly I was right about

Spoiler

Julio

getting 86'd.

And when I was 8 YO, H.R. Pufnstuf was my favourite show, and yes, I was singing along to the theme song until....that happened. There...see that running away in terror? That was my childhood. Yeah. Like I'm gonna be able to sleep this week.

This season had the vibe of True Detective Season 2, with likely similar ratings. I really have to wonder how can something so bleak get greenlit. I don't personally mind surviving a dark story if the good guys prevail at the end. In this case, sure some baddies deservedly met their ends but in the overall scheme of things, the city is worse-off than it was going in.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 3

I didn't care for Season 2, it seemed to go off on too much of a tangent for me.  I loved the first season.   Not sure why I find that first seasons are great, then something happens to the writers to mess up subsequent seasons.  I hadn't seen too much of BBT before this and I enjoyed him in both seasons.  

• Love 1

Maybe it's like a second book or a second album - the first one's been percolating in your subconscious for decades and the second one has to show up within a year or two and attempt to be as good, if not better.  Often doesn't turn out that way.

(edited)

My husband and I watched S2 over the last three days and are still trying to process it.  What we can't figure out was why Julio was involved.  It didn't seem like there was a big reveal tieing everything together.  Why did the cartel care about the two men who were supposedly murdered by Julio?

Edited by LovesTheDrama
spelling
  • Love 3

Season 2 traded narrative consistency for shocking weirdness. I had a feeling right after Julio's dad was killed that the season would either end with no justice. or that we would find out Julio actually did the crime. While we were all dazzled by the weirdness of amputee guy and the secret siblings, so many plot developments made no sense to me. These include:

- Why exactly did Billy Bob and Marisol "fall in love?" Why would a woman who looks 20+ years younger than Billy (and Billy is a drinking, smoking mess) fall in love with him - especially given she is running for office? Why would Billy ever believe she would? One moment they had just met, the next moment they were banging and taking trips together. I thought I had missed an episode. Her motives became more clear in the finale, but it still made no sense on his end - our ours.

- So Mr. Amputee Tom, how exactly did that work? He kept those two "actresses" playing his mom and sister captive? He paid them?  He kept them drugged? At one point, he replaced one of them after drugging a different woman and hacking off her leg. Did he periodically replace them with new people? How did he keep them there? The two women didn't look comfortable, though the one suddenly without her leg seemed surprisingly OK with her new life.  I didn't follow how his whole fantasy thing worked at all.

- Why was Billy Bob held hostage for a while, and then why was the order given to then kill him? What was the delay? What was the point? And why was the Chinese woman with him? And what eventually happened to her after he pawned her off on the two people at the parade/celebration?

- In fact, why the bad guys didn't shoot Billy Bob at any time (like they did Julio's dad) made no sense. It's like all the bad guys were Bond villains. "Instead of simply shooting you, first let me show you my vineyards! And then we will capture you when you are blind drunk, along with a random woman, and create a set piece where everyone wonders what will happen ... only to bring you back to the US and start over like nothing happened! Bwa-ha-ha-ha."

Somewhere in this mess was an interesting story about the secret siblings, and a struggle for power in LA. But too much time was taken with stuff because it seemed cool and weird instead of pulling together the plot into something coherent.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Is buying stocks with a corporation going to get me clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, clean food to eat, affordable health care, a chance at a good education, a sound infrastructure, a living wage, vacation pay, sick leave and pay, maternity/paternity leave and pay and a safe work environment? Is it going to make the corporations pay their fair share of taxes or stop them from becoming monopolies or collusion or wage theft? As long as we're operating in capitalism, there should be some major checks on it including the ability to sue the fuck out of a corporation who screws people over. So I'm fine with that being Billy's summation, personally.

• Love 5

The first season was one of my favorite seasons of a show in the last 2 years. So I was quite excited for a return.

I'm not sure what to think about season 2. There were definitely good parts and I liked that Billy was again going to help out a helpless victim from a much larger conspiracy. I'm just not sure what the hell that was all about. The side plots were beyond wtf, with Mr. Amputee Tom as someone else puts it. There just didn't seem to be any reason to frame this kid. Overall I think the plot just got sloppy and there wasn't any satisfying conclusion.

Billy Bob is great with the character and I do want to see more, but I just hope they dial back the freakiness and bring back more of the courtroom. 

• Love 3

I’m watching the first episode, what is it that Billy says to Brittany after he hands her the check?  I can’t figure it out, thanks. 

And why can’t we have episode threads? 

(edited)

Just finished season 1.  Some prose and cons.

Pros

Billie Bob!

Patty

Marva

The dog

That Mustang that looks like it's held together with paper clips and duct tape.

Lawyers sniping at each other in depositions (I've been in depositions, they can get like that)

Cons

Weird opening credits

A 16 year old daughter who looks like she's 24

Gratuitous lesbian affair that came out of nowhere and vanished after two episodes.

A bad cop who does all kinds of bad things captured on his dash cam, but no one leverages this against him.  Instead, Brittany does her sex tape, which backfires.

The season could have used ten episodes.  With eight episodes, it felt like they were really rushing things to narratively set it up for the case to go to trial and for Billie Bob to have what he needed to make a case.

With key evidence and testimony thrown out, there really wasn't much of a case, so hard to believe a jury would rule for the plaintiff.

Getting Wendell to admit everything was a real stretch.  Also, California is a state with a two party consent law for recording a conversation.  Unless Federal law overrules this in a Federal case.

In the real world, the evil defense contractor would have just settled to keep things quiet, no matter what their nutty lawyer insisted.

I thought the show was alright but a little too unbelievable and Ally McBealish.  But this is David E. Kelley after all.  For a legal drama, I like Better Call Saul better.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
On 6/19/2017 at 7:49 PM, Guest said:
On 5/30/2017 at 7:20 PM, Sweet-tea said:

I didn't really feel sorry for Brittany. She made her bed (pun intended). The actress did a good job though and her body is sick! I don't think I have seen her in anything else. Anyone know if she's done other series?

Tania Raymonde, if you want to peruse her IMDB.  I know her as Alex Rousseau on Lost, Ben Linus's teen daughter.  She's changed.  

I knew she was familiar for some reason!

Billy Bob is a great actor, very natural. Some of the supporting cast was great too, so that kept me watching --despite that Goddamn clicker. The case had moments where I thought it was going to get interesting, but that final trial and verdict was OTT preposterous and I was really let down by it.

I liked how they ended some of the episodes on "cliff hangers" so you looked forward to the next one. It was like a good noir soap opera with above par acting.  

I've heard season 2 brings a big drop in quality, so not sure I will check it out. 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2018 at 9:01 AM, Ottis said:

Season 2 traded narrative consistency for shocking weirdness. I had a feeling right after Julio's dad was killed that the season would either end with no justice. or that we would find out Julio actually did the crime. While we were all dazzled by the weirdness of amputee guy and the secret siblings, so many plot developments made no sense to me. These include:

- Why exactly did Billy Bob and Marisol "fall in love?" Why would a woman who looks 20+ years younger than Billy (and Billy is a drinking, smoking mess) fall in love with him - especially given she is running for office? Why would Billy ever believe she would? One moment they had just met, the next moment they were banging and taking trips together. I thought I had missed an episode. Her motives became more clear in the finale, but it still made no sense on his end - our ours.

- So Mr. Amputee Tom, how exactly did that work? He kept those two "actresses" playing his mom and sister captive? He paid them?  He kept them drugged? At one point, he replaced one of them after drugging a different woman and hacking off her leg. Did he periodically replace them with new people? How did he keep them there? The two women didn't look comfortable, though the one suddenly without her leg seemed surprisingly OK with her new life.  I didn't follow how his whole fantasy thing worked at all.

- Why was Billy Bob held hostage for a while, and then why was the order given to then kill him? What was the delay? What was the point? And why was the Chinese woman with him? And what eventually happened to her after he pawned her off on the two people at the parade/celebration?

- In fact, why the bad guys didn't shoot Billy Bob at any time (like they did Julio's dad) made no sense. It's like all the bad guys were Bond villains. "Instead of simply shooting you, first let me show you my vineyards! And then we will capture you when you are blind drunk, along with a random woman, and create a set piece where everyone wonders what will happen ... only to bring you back to the US and start over like nothing happened! Bwa-ha-ha-ha."

Somewhere in this mess was an interesting story about the secret siblings, and a struggle for power in LA. But too much time was taken with stuff because it seemed cool and weird instead of pulling together the plot into something coherent.

Wow, great start. So many things ticked me off during this show. I kept yelling at the tv, but no one would listen to me. So many lives could have been saved if they had only listened.

So many common sense things that were ignored. 

People dropping like flies but nobody is watching their back. Just running around town and Mexico like it's a normal day. Billy leaving his daughter home alone while he is pissing off the cartel. Patty's hulking cousin could have guarded somebody. Just stupid. 

Then there was Roman and family in protective custody. In a motel with a back window and no one watching it.  One guy out front. Roman still having his phone! Anyone heard of GPS? Bad guys drove right to him. 

Every one involved in the case telling everything they know to these new people in their lives and totally mucking up everything. 

Episode 7. Please. When it started I thought I had pushed the wrong button and was watching a different show. I thought it would never end, and I like quirky. Hell, Time Bandits is one of my favorite movies, you don't get much more whack a doodle than that. Felt like I spent four hours of my life just on this episode. 

The ending, I commiserate with every poster on this site. 

Now that I'm done ranting, here are things that I loved. 

Patty, her speech on relationships was Emmy worthy. Loved it and love her on the show. Really hope they can get past it. They are so cute together. 

BBT, love him and him calling everyone honey. Never condescending, just perfection. 

Glad the office team is back together. Like that they are still at the motel. 

Guess you could tell I was pretty ticked after watching tonight. Had to watch an episode of The Doctor Blake Mysteries just to calm down. 

As always to my friends here, thanks for listening. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Hi @Reality police could you tell me what episode Patty's relationship speech is in. As much as I loved Season 1 and BBT, I have decided I don't have the stomach to watch this season, but I like Patty and would love to see her speech. 

It is about 25 minutes in on episode 5. Well worth the watch. I don't blame you for not watching. Those hours of my life I will never get back. Enjoy.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed it but agree with TVbitch, the ending fell apart. Didn't stop me from starting season two though, even if it isn't as good. One element that really annoyed me is that the writers had to make Billy Bob's character kind of a chick magnet. Come on show! He's a chainsmoking alcoholic that probably smells quite bad (I think I remember a scene where he is in fact told that he smells), so there is no way so many women want to sleep with him. We really don't need love interests on this show for him. Let's just stick with the frenenemy Patty. Love their dynamic.

• Love 5

I'm not done with this season yet, but I was thinking when watching episode four last night that this is like one of those weird seasons of Dexter, where Tom would be the creepy psychopath Dexter is hunting.  Dismemberment, the whole H.R. PufnStuf thing *shudders*.

Edited by Dobian

Well that was about as unsatisfying a season finale as I could imagine.  This show has a real identity crisis.  The first season was a legal drama, this season was some crime/detective drama.

• Love 3