Type keyword(s) to search

Glitch - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I just binged both seasons. Pretty enjoyable, although I was absolutely bored to death with the Paddy plot, although I get why it was necessary. I'm mostly interested in the Kirstie plot, but as she even said in an episode, only Kate really matters.

I don't think Kirstie's baby (if that is happening) is her rapist's. I think it'd be Kevin, because her friend mentioned something about her needing to tell Kevin something. But yeah, her pregnancy makes zero sense in terms of the resurrection conceit, because that fetus would be comprised of cells that are different from her's. I also wonder if there's more to the story than Chris's brother being the killer- I think there were multiple people involved, and I think her friend knew it and lied her ass off because she was scared. The actress playing her really brought her A-game from the moment when she confronts Kevin thinking that he killed her through the rest of the series. I was impressed.

I was honestly kind of rooting for Charlie to hook up with the old WWI enthusiast, but I did enjoy his talk with the cute young flirtatious bartender.  I am glad that Charlie didn't die from a gaybashing, which is what I feared when they revealed he was gay.

Finally, damn John/William was one sexy beast.

I did think the show did a great job at making the characters layered even though a lot of stuff was rushed. Definitely looking forward to season 3.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I just finished watching this Iast night. I enjoyed it, but it’s really starting to push the boundaries in the suspension of disbelief department. I was really hoping for more indication of who/what is inhabiting the bodies of Vic, Phil, Sarah, Elisha and William.

Noregard immediately registered with me as “No Regard” the first moment I saw it.

Does Yoorana = “Your Honor” for some reason?

How are they supposed to explain these sudden “disappearances” and the fresh, unmarked graves in the cemetery?

I also think Kirstie is pregnant with Kevin’s baby.

What is going to happen with Beau’s mother/Phil’s wife after she saw all the mayhem Phil and Sarah caused at Noregard?

I wonder if Owen thinks he might be able to resurrect the guy he killed to kind of atone for his actions, or if there really is something sinister about him, or if it’s just a red herring.

Edited by Accidental Martyr

I just watched this show (well mostly binged it). I really like it. I hope it gets a third season. It kind of had a stranger things feel with the creepy lab and the sci-fi mystery. I think that Sarah and others like her are sort of themselves but can get turned evil by each other. Sarah after she came back was trying to be herself and clearly still cared about the people that Sarah cared about.  Phil never cared about anyone but himself, so he went "evil" a lot faster and the same goes for Vic (he was the kind of guy who was already married to his job).

I like that Charlie and Kristie lived, as they are my favorite characters. I like that Bow (sp) family got the money they deserve and that that story came to a good conclusion. The show did a good thing by not having James get back together with Kate right away. Assuming there is a third season, hopefully this stays put off for a bit. I was a bit shock that Kristie might be pregnant I feel like that came out of the left field. Wouldn't Alisa noticed this when she was examining her in season 1?  I kind of hope they don't go this way as we already have Nia. Of course they put in a good story not to have to say where she is, as James said she was going to his parents. They also have a good alby of Sarah that she took off with that guy (Phil) as there was evidence that she didn't seem to want to be a mother, so no one would be looking for her.

Anyhow, great show and I enjoyed watching it.

I just found this show! LOL

Man, it's weird. I read ahead here in the forums cuz I don't mind being spoiled. 

I think when William choked the lady doc in the barn, she died right then. And came back. But I don't get what she found in his open grave beside the cemetery. What was that metal thing? 

And why is James sometimes hot and sometimes looks like Gilbert Gottfried?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So I was just able to watch all of S3. I did have to binge Seasons 1 and 2 because I couldn't remember a bunch of the plot. Binging the first two seasons really brought home just how awful Kate is. But I also think James is awful. From the beginning at the cemetery he's been yelling and ordering people around and mansplaining. Then I guess he was in a bit of shock but that will never excuse fucking Kate while Sarah is at home and 10 months pregnant.

The only thing I'll say about season 10 before I spoiler tag everything is this: Chris is going to need a good therapist.

Spoiler

So season 3 introduces us to a few too many new characters, many of whom are very interesting but ultimately pointless. These characters include a nice guy for Charlie. And a new Big Bad is introduced with only 3 episodes to go. Not only is the new Bad Guy obviously evil from the first second, he is also ridiculously easy to escape from. Just a little puke is all it takes.

We don't really get an answer to all the WTF Just Happened stuff, but it seems the act of bringing back everyone other than William at the beginning, caused some sort of rift in the universe and physics went crazy and now the entire freaking universe is gonna Cease to Exist. Unless Kate, Kirstie, Charlie and a couple of new characters die. The universe survives so I think you can figure out the rest.

We never find out what the history was between Elishia and William. Maybe if they hadn't wasted so much time on pointless characters.

We get introduced to a new Young Paddy from the olden times. It was pointless and really awful.

Owen's storyline ends idiotically. James is different but still awful. Kate is awful to the end. I'll admit I cried at the end but not for James and Kate.

Phil is different and suddenly not awful. I liked him.

There are no happy endings. Well, it seems like Chris did OK. There was a short epilog with Nia 20 Years later. Nice but I want to see Beau 20 Years Later.

In the end I enjoyed the show quite a bit. I think there's only about 8 of us here but if you want to chat about Glitch that'd be great.

Edited by zibnchy
  • Love 3
On 10/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, blueray said:

I just watched this show (well mostly binged it). I really like it. I hope it gets a third season. 

You got you wish! Third season is coming to Netflix Sept 25. It's been so long since I've seen the season 2 finale, I have no recollection of what happened or who lived. I will definitely have to rewatch before S3 starts.

• Love 1

OK, I just finished a binge-watch of Season 3. The 2 new returnees were entirely unnecessary. If they were short on material to flesh out 6 episodes they could have spent more time at 'No Regard" and what their plans were for these people if they could keep their hands on them. Or they could have further explored the consequences of Owen's plans for Kate. Other than that, what they did do was fairly entertaining. It just could have been...more.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I just finished bingeing season 3. I didn't get the point of the two new risen.  I'd rather they told us more about Elisha since she's been bringing herself and William back for centuries. How was she doing that without the modern tech and how did she even know how to do that. Those are questions I wanted answered. 

Also why introduce a new big bad when they already had one with the professor. The Owen story did not go where I thought it was, but then he just died. 

I guess they ended it the only way they could. I too wish we had seen Beau 20 years later. They could've just thrown in that he's the Mayor now or something. This was my first Australian tv show and I enjoyed it, it was different than American shows. I also watched Sisters that starred the actress that played Sarah on this show. 

• Love 3

I'm only on the first episode and...James died in the bathroom, right? WTF.

Since I'm such an impatient slob, can someone let me know if he and Kate wind up back together? Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm only on the first episode and...James died in the bathroom, right? WTF.

Since I'm such an impatient slob, can someone let me know if he and Kate wind up back together? Thank you! 

Yes, James died in the bathroom. 

To answer your question. They do hook up but they don't end up together. 

56 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

To answer your question. They do hook up but they don't end up together. 

Thanks, @Sakura12. I'm annoyed at this turn of events!

Also, I don't know who the actor is who's playing young Paddy but man...he doesn't have that accent down at all. 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:22 PM, NeenerNeener said:

OK, I just finished a binge-watch of Season 3. The 2 new returnees were entirely unnecessary. If they were short on material to flesh out 6 episodes they could have spent more time at 'No Regard" and what their plans were for these people if they could keep their hands on them. Or they could have further explored the consequences of Owen's plans for Kate. Other than that, what they did do was fairly entertaining. It just could have been...more.

Yeah, I didn't really see what the point of them was, either- I kind of glazed over with them. It felt really unnecessary given that this was just 6 episodes.

The actress playing Kirstie just broke my heart. I wish we had gotten another scene with her and Kevin, although I'm not sure Kevin would be up for it.

I also really enjoyed Raf. Thank you, Glitch, for introducing Jackson Gallagher to my life. LOL.

I did love that this didn't go for the happy ending.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2019 at 7:14 PM, Sakura12 said:

I just finished bingeing season 3. I didn't get the point of the two new risen.  I'd rather they told us more about Elisha since she's been bringing herself and William back for centuries. How was she doing that without the modern tech and how did she even know how to do that. Those are questions I wanted answered. 

Also why introduce a new big bad when they already had one with the professor. The Owen story did not go where I thought it was, but then he just died. 

I guess they ended it the only way they could. I too wish we had seen Beau 20 years later. They could've just thrown in that he's the Mayor now or something. This was my first Australian tv show and I enjoyed it, it was different than American shows. I also watched Sisters that starred the actress that played Sarah on this show. 

I, too, would have preferred to hear more about Elisha. I kept hoping there would be some answers to those questions about her.

I agree that it would have been nice to see Beau again at the 20 year mark. I'd wondered at the time of Nia's birth, when her mother died briefly, if she'd also been "reborn". That last look at her face made me wonder again.

The only reason I can see to add the two new people was to add the component of end times fervor in some super religious groups as an explanation for what was happening, and give a nod to what was a horrible massacre (if this was an historically true event). It really wasn't necessary.

21 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I did love that this didn't go for the happy ending.

I liked that as well. It was a satisfactory ending for me.

They did make a mistake though in James's headstone- it should have read 1977-2015, because they clearly had the entire series take place over a couple of weeks, and I remember them clearly saying in the pilot or second episode that Kate had only been dead for about two years. (It was kind of funny to me, because Charlie's face had really matured compared to what he looked like in the first season. )

I really wish we had gotten more on Elisha, and I would have liked to have seen more on No Regard as well as Charlie/Raf. And we should have had some follow up on Beau, too. I don't think it would have killed them to have him in the final scene, given that he was on the "know", too. (Well, not about his father, but at least about Paddy.)

I think the acting on the show was pretty uniformly strong (okay, Sarah and Chi were kind of weak links for me) and that really did a lot to elevate the show's shortcomings for me.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Recently finished this up. I was very frustrated with the third season. I wasn't too keen on the ending, but I could at least understand the logic behind it. But I wanted an explanation about the whole thing. My memory is kinda spotty, but... IIRC Original Elishia was married to a woman, then died and when she returned she was someone else and did some science thing mixed with magic? I guess? To bring William back because they were in love back in the day... right? Something like that?

Then in this season William remembers that he had died at sea and came back from the dead, just like that, without intervention... There's some mention that the soil at the cemetery had some rock only found where Jesus died, and the Norgard guy said that Jesus was like them....

Huh? HUH?

I feel like half of the explanations that I needed were just not there, and that they possibly changed their minds halfway through about what they were saying. Are they saying that some people just die and come back as some sort of glitch in the universal system (hence the name)? People like William? But how does that explain Elishia dying and returning as someone else? How does that explain that she was able to bring people back from the dead herself? What about the boundary? Why was it there before, and then it was just gone? Did they explain this? Did they explain all these things and I've just forgotten? I doubt that, but maybe my memory is that bad.

I didn't mind the two new ones, I liked them and found them cute, but given that it was the last season and they only had six episodes, I did wonder what was the point of all that... as well as the point of Kristie's pregnancy. And wtf was that thing with Owen? Was the actor not available for the whole season? It was just all so odd.

I did like that the nerdy cop (Chris?) got a happy ending, free of his asshole brother and with a family of his own. He was a good man.

Overall, this seems to me like another show that was greenlit because it had a cool premise (it really was), and then they absolutely didn't know what to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 12/3/2017 at 9:03 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

Opps, thanks for correcting the name. And I agree with Kirstie, reopening the investigation is way too little too late. There is no going back from a murder/rape conviction, that guy's life is ruined. And Chris looks to be around 40ish, so he has had a couple of decades to come to grips with his own and his brother's actions and come forward and he never did. So I am still calling foul on his worth as a human being at this point. 

When did Chris know for sure that his brother killed Kirstie?  I thought he only knew for sure when Kirstie's memory returned, or that he may have suspected, and Kirstie confirmed it.  Because yeah, if he held on to that knowledge and let Kevin rot in prison, that's a bit of a character flaw.  I liked him though, and I make excuses for characters I like.  I expected him to die in every episode -- he seemed so harmless, and kinda useless.

Anyway, I'm also new to this series.  I don't mind the plot holes, irrational behavior, lack of explanation.  The writing was just original enough to not feel like a rip-off of The Leftovers or The Returned.  I liked most of the characters, except Kate.  What is it about women who think they can yell "Stop it!" when men are fighting and that they'll stop? 

Minor nitpicks that others have already mentioned -- no one needing police help in Yoorana, no one on the streets (ever), Kirstie and Maria and Charlie wearing era-appropriate clothes that fit them perfectly,

Also, in S3 John/William is at Elisha's grave for the second or third time, and I saw two figures rising and leaving the cemetery.  Not Chi and Belle  -- they were already gone -- but there were two others.  So were there going to be two more new characters in S3 and the writers decided against it?

And who was the father of Judith's baby -- I thought Luke was the brother.  Didn't see anyone who could have been Judith's husband.  IMDB doesn't list surnames.

What happened to Belle's mother?  Was she attacked by insects?

• LOL 1
43 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

And who was the father of Judith's baby -- I thought Luke was the brother.  Didn't see anyone who could have been Judith's husband.  IMDB doesn't list surnames.

What happened to Belle's mother?  Was she attacked by insects?

I was wondering that too. They never mentioned a husband. Luke was the brother. I suppose one of the men that left their cult could've been the father.

The mother was killed by locusts. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I was wondering that too. They never mentioned a husband. Luke was the brother. I suppose one of the men that left their cult could've been the father.

The mother was killed by locusts. 

Thanks!

A couple other events that left questions -- Carlo's brother died at the same time that Carlo became dust.  I expected something to come of that. 

Maria's senile husband went from calling her a whore to suddenly believing her when she said she didn't sleep with that student.  I suppose that could be explained by his dementia, but it was odd.

Owen setting Kate up for the blood transfusion -- way too complicated.  They have to get a flat tire, walk back to the bar, assume that nobody will drive by to give them a lift.  Why not just bring the sister to Kate?  If Owen had asked Kate nicely, she might have said "Okay, what the hell."  Instead, we have Owen's creepy cellmate making Kate nervous and defensive.

For all of Noregard's resources, they had crappy security.  Everyone got in and out way too easily. 

Do sound waves really make pretty patterns?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Also, in S3 John/William is at Elisha's grave for the second or third time, and I saw two figures rising and leaving the cemetery.  Not Chi and Belle  -- they were already gone -- but there were two others.  So were there going to be two more new characters in S3 and the writers decided against it?

I think that scene with John/William at the grave was supposed to be taking place at the same time that Chi and Belle were rising and leaving the cemetery--in other words, showing us things happening from a different perspective. Can't think of examples now, but I think that there were other scenes where we saw things happening from another character's perspective than we saw the first time (with that character not necessarily knowing what was happening with the people we saw the first time)--hope that makes sense, I know it sounds garbled.

14 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

And who was the father of Judith's baby -- I thought Luke was the brother.  Didn't see anyone who could have been Judith's husband. 

As @Sakura12 suggested, it must have been someone who left the cult, and her family probably scared her into staying with them rather than going with her husband. Of course, we can't rule out incest in this creepy family. 

• Love 2

Oh, I totally would not rule out incest happening.

One thing I noted that didn't seem to be getting discussed was that Belle looked at a picture of Kylie Minoque before masturbating, which seemed to imply that Belle was either a lesbian or at least bi-curious. They didn't really do anything with that, either.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:41 AM, natyxg said:

I did wonder what was the point of all that... as well as the point of Kristie's pregnancy.

I really wonder if the show thought they were getting more episodes than they were given because they really did have so many plot points left and storylines that were set up which didn't have any answers to them, and then the last two episodes just felt like a galloping race to get to the ending.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, AuntiePam said:

Anyway, I'm also new to this series.  I don't mind the plot holes, irrational behavior, lack of explanation.  The writing was just original enough to not feel like a rip-off of The Leftovers or The Returned.  I liked most of the characters, except Kate. 

Honestly, for me, Kirstie really was the star of the show. That girl really acted her ass off, especially during season 2.

In season 3, I loved that little moment where she's dressed up at a bar for 80's night and doing bar trivia on the 80's and realizing that this is a girl who missed out on her young adulthood because of a POS rapist/murderer.

Also, show, thank you for introducing me to Jackson Gallagher. Yowza.

Now, you know a guy is versatile if he can play a character like Raf and then also play a footballer on another show. LOL.

I did wish the show hadn't killed off Raf...I thought they didn't need to use that to get Charlie to make the decision. He seemed like such a sweet, cool guy! (And who couldn't blame him for falling for Charlie's adorable angelic face?)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Just watched season 1 episode 1. Liked it. There are some eye roll worthy moments in the plot but, overall, I enjoyed it. And I am glad I found it with 3 whole seasons to watch as I needed a new treadmill show (something to look forward to watching while on the treadmill each day). I had been skipping out on my workouts with no show to watch so today I flipped through Netflix and found this.

Things that bothered me: the longer dead folks (Italian guy and mayor Paddy) should have been way more amazed and terrified of the modern technology. And James and Elisha should have also been way more freaking out and they all should have spent like 24 hours in that hospital trying to sort things out and talk to these zombie people. James running Kate back to cemetery to show her grave to her and then running Italian guy out to see his brother. Not likely to happen that quickly. One thing James should have done was go look at the graves that all busted out to get names and dates. Also, Beau must have seen James and Elisha taking all the zombie folks away in their vehicles so he should have taken Paddy there too (the hospital) or maybe contacted James to inform him. Maybe episode 2 will show that. Also wondered why James didn't grab his zombie wife up right away and hug her. If my dead dad walked in right now that is what I'd do. But I guess it is because he married Sarah and I assume that was Kate's friend.

One question: when Italian guy died is that why we see a new zombie person coming out of grave at end? Like 6 are reborn at a time? (I did read on here that they die when they leave town)

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Lamima said:

Things that bothered me: the longer dead folks (Italian guy and mayor Paddy) should have been way more amazed and terrified of the modern technology.

That bothered me also--not just them but Charlie. I guess the writers wanted to focus more on personal emotions than on how they would react to modern times, but they could have included a bit more of their reactions to tech without taking away from the story.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Paloma said:

That bothered me also--not just them but Charlie. I guess the writers wanted to focus more on personal emotions than on how they would react to modern times, but they could have included a bit more of their reactions to tech without taking away from the story.  

And I have now watched 3 episodes and they move too quick and try to cover way too much in an episode. So they leave other important stuff out...like their whole timing is off. If they slowed the story down they could have covered such things as the responses to modern technology. And then get to things like Maria's husband, possible cheating with boy and death at a much later date. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just finished epi 1 in season 2 and the constant rush in the plot is an issue for me. They unpack too much each episode. ANd I get the feeling there is some agenda from the writers in the plot. Ugghhh, I hate that.

But I am getting a feel that each risen person was wronged in relation to their death. Interesting that Maria cleared up the wrong and then was killed. Maybe whoever Vic was, and I now suspect is Sarah or Beau's step dad- Phil?, is the Terminator. ANd Eliesha is the creator or resurector. But she resuarects for a reason...for that person to right a wrong. And based on her extreme attachment to John Doe, I am guessing she was his love in a past life. And I think he was innocent of the train robbery/murders. I think he was a train hopper who was just caught up in all that. Maybe he lost his memory in some other accident and then hopped the train. I don't know.

Edited by Lamima

Another plot hole...Kate's body was made whole in resurrection. Her mastectomy wounds healed and breasts restored yet John's whip scars on his back are there.

Also, how would John know to use that guy's key card to get out of Nourguard? He doesn't know technology.  (watching epi 2 now...see I was right that John didn't do the crimes). Oh, and yup, Eliesha and John knew each other and Phil is the new Vic. 

I may not stick around for 3rd season.

Edited by Lamima
On 3/30/2020 at 6:50 PM, SayMyName said:

I liked the ending with one exception. Why did Charlie say goodbye to Raf and then just leave him there? I was sure he was going to walk into the flames with Kirstie and Raf.

I took it as a "friendship yay!" Moment.

• Like 1

I just binged all 3 seasons (1 and 2 to refresh my memory of what was going on, 3 I hadn’t seen before). Season 3, frankly, sucked.

It occurs to me first of all that the entire premise of the show is dumb. OK, let’s imagine that science reaches the point where a body can be regenerated from one or more cells. But what you then have is a clone, not a “resurrected” person. No clue how the original’s memories are saved and inserted into the clone, but assuming it were somehow possible… they’re still just a clone who thinks they’re the original because they have the original’s memories. No different than if you could somehow upload a person’s memories into an android body. The original is still DEAD! So the idea that the natural order is disturbed because you died and then lived again, out of sequence, doesn’t even apply. And if you put aside all the metaphysical BS, the idea that the laws of physics would go haywire and the universe start to destroy itself makes no sense whatsoever.

If I’d written this, I’d have stuck with strictly the science fiction instead of veering off into religious/metaphysical stuff. It was never explained how Elishia and William originally knew each other, nor how the resurrected “hunters” came to be. All we’re told is that Elishia and William once loved each other but weren’t supposed to, and that they came back multiple times. (Why this didn’t lead to natural disasters like what we saw in season 3 was never explained, major plot hole IMO.) Also note that when Dr. Heysen was experimenting on Phil, there were readings on his EEG indicating more than one entity, but this was immediately dropped and never explained. Also never explained was why Elishia didn’t come back again during Heysen’s graveyard experiment.

So in my version, Elishia and William would be alien entities from another dimension who ran away to this one to escape punishment for their forbidden relationship. In this dimension they needed to have bodies. The Yoorana “resurrected” would simply be clones who were an accidental side effect of Elishia’s latest attempt to bring William back (i.e., provide him a new body to inhabit). None of this nonsense about them being resurrected because someone was thinking about them; some genetic quirk would be the deciding factor as to which graveyard denizens were cloned and which were not. Some alien technology would be responsible for providing them with memories. The “hunters” would be other aliens, enforcers that took over the bodies of newly dead people in order to punish Elishia and William for escaping. Because they are newly dead and not clones, both the human and alien personalities are present in one body, hence Phil’s EEG. The alien civilization has a Prime Directive-like law that forbids them from interference with other dimensions, hence the need to hunt down and destroy the “resurrected” who should not have been created. This would explain why Elishia didn’t come back during Heysen’s graveyard experiment—since she was responsible for all this, the alien entity inhabiting her had been returned to its own dimension and imprisoned. No Chi or Belle—everyone who was genetically able to be cloned would have done so the first time around.

(edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, CarpeFelis said:

No Chi or Belle—everyone who was genetically able to be cloned would have done so the first time around.

I get the reason for adding them, because they wanted to show the history of Chinese immigrant persecution as well as the danger of religious nuts, but they were such unnecessary padding to a series that had six episodes especially when you already had compelling arcs in characters that were already established.

I get the vibe the show was expecting a longer season 3 series order, and halfway through they just started rushing through everything.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Love 1