Type keyword(s) to search

Glitch - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I found this show yesterday and binged the whole thing. I loved it! It was well paced and the characters acted mostly believable with the things that were happening around them. I don't quite get what happened to Vic. I am so glad this already has an order for a second season though I am sure it will take a year to see it.

• Love 1

I loved this a lot. I was kind of expecting/dreading a creepy thriller, but this was an awesome character study, even when we didn't even fully know one of the characters.

I knew the series had been renewed for a second season but until the final episode, I couldn't imagine how it would be carried on. Then it all fell into place. I don't exactly mind the love triangle of the sheriff and his wives, but hope it isn't the sole focus going forward.

James Hayes as the sheriff was a new delight to me.

• Love 1

I saw on this Netflix a couple of days ago, and watched the entire series the same day. I really liked it, and can't wait for the second series. I hope it doesn't take a year to come out. I found all of the characters interesting, and went back and forth between feeling sorry for each of the three in the love triangle, and then not liking some of their actions. I appreciate the writers making the characters so multi-dimensional as there was usually something to like and dislike about all of them. I wonder if Sarah is going to turn bad like Vic did since she seems to have 'died' after having the baby, but come immediately back (doctor saying they thought they had lost her). I'm sure the pharma co. has something to do with all this, but I can't imagine why leaving the town would cause them to die again. 

• Love 2

Ugh.

James is despicable and now he gets to have it all -- Sarah will be dead-dead soon, so he can be with the wife he prefers and have a magic baby.

The Pharma company has No Regard for morals.  Gee, how clever!

And what was really resolved?  Not why these Returned are Resurrected (and not others); not why Vic turned Eeeeeeeeevil!!!! Not why Elshia isn't Eeeeeeevil.  Not who killed Kristie or how Charlie died.  I don't think I'm coming back even for Emma Booth.

• Love 1

I don't think Elisha is resurrected.  I think she just took the dead doctor's name and is carrying on whatever her weird experiment is. 

I like that the mayor found the will, and he also provides some humor.  

Overall, I really liked it, even though there were some "idiot plot" moments.  If the characters hadn't acted like idiots, the bad thing wouldn't have happened.  For example, leaving Vic after surgery with John and not sharing critical information.  

And yes, I think Sarah will come back evil and that will eliminate the love triangle.  Which is convenient. I liked it complicated.  

• Love 1

I just found this the other day and did my binge watching. I really enjoyed this series and was glad they didn't come back as zombies as I'm not into that genre of characters. I'm glad there will be a 2nd season! I really want to know why they can't leave town and now the doctor twist.

I was also confused as to what happened to Vic after the accident. Was he always evil? Who did he meet at the No Tell Motel? Was that his wife?

My theory with Sarah was that she died and that maybe she came back to life as Cate...like it will be Cate in Sarah's body?

The one thing that did seem out of place is why none of them that have been dead for 100 years or even in the last 50 were even curious and confused about today's technology. The only touched on that when the young soldier saw Kiersten (sp?) was watching TV and he was all whatevs.

And for God's sake TV/Movie writers, there is this wonderful thing called an epidural for women in labor! Yes, I know it makes for more dramatic tv/movies, but it bugs the crap out of me. I've given birth twice and the first thing I asked for when I got to the hospital was an epidural!!

• Love 2

I just found this a few days ago and watched it in one big gulp. I really enjoyed it.

It's a little too convenient that the former mayor is the great-grandfather(×whatever degree) to the one Aboriginal kid he meets, but it's a small town, so I'll let it slide, I guess.

There's more to the pharma company story, obviously. Maybe it's causing the resurrections with drugs in the groundwater OR the company/doc was researching on the bodies, thought they/she was unsuccessful, reburied the bodies and they came back after all.

Hey, another viewer! We may break double digits.

Not that I'm the arbiter of What Everyone Should Like, but it makes me wonder why a show like Stranger Things got so much media attention, accolades, and viewers when this didn't. I personally enjoyed both equally.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 7

Stranger Things played into 1980s nostalgia. People are getting Stranger Things tattoos, which kind of confounds me (and I have tattoos). I didn't think it was all that. It was OK. I liked The OA and this just as much, if not better. I grew up in the 1970s and 1980s, too, so I should love Stranger Things, in theory.

• Love 1

I enjoyed it but felt like things were rushed. This is an instance where a shorter season worked against the plot. I did not understand Vic's motivations and do wish that there were more "Oh shit!" moments that lasted longer to these people coming back alive, even by some of the resurrected. I also wish that they left either Carlo or Maria, one of the Italians, alive. 

• Love 2

I was disappointed when Carlo died because he was hot and I'm shallow haha. I did want to know more about him and see a reunion with his brother as well. I did find Maria's storyline to be very sad even if she was slightly annoying at times. 

I recently finished the show and really enjoyed it. I did like that they didn't always spell it out for us, though sometimes I think they were a bit too subtle. When Vic got in the car accident there was a moment when I was like "wait, did he just die and come back to life?" but then all he had was the one head wound so I thought he just survived the accident. And then it was revealed that he came back to life. And with Charlie, was the implication that he committed suicide? Resurrected!Charlie saw his past self crying over a beer at the bar and then..? I just took that to be the implication there.

Of the squad, I found Charlie to be my favorite with Kirstie as a close second. I hoped (still hoping tbh) Charlie would end up being bi because he and Kirstie were so sweet together! I love how he would fly to her side if she ever gave an indication she needed help and generally just how they always had each other's backs. Romantic or not, I need more of them together. 

I definitely think there should have been more reactions to technology. I mean John Doe apparently died in the 1830s, he should be completely overwhelmed by everything.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I have no idea why I started watching this show as I'm pretty over anything zombie related...but I'm glad I did! LOVED THIS! I can't believe it took me nearly three months to even figure out it was on

And where has Patrick Brammall been all my life? That was a fine looking man. 

The whole James - Kate + Sarah + Kate was pretty awful. I mean, Kate has to cut the guy some slack. It wasn't like she divorced him or took a really long holiday in Cancun -- she died. What did she expect the man to do? And I totally get Sarah calling the cops on Kate for some imaginary crime after finding out James had slept with her. I would have totally done the same thing if my husband's dead ex wife came back and was competing for a place at the table. How would I ever compete with a resurrected dead wife?!

I don't understand how Vic was imbued with all that knowledge upon his death/resurrection regarding what the good doctor was doing. And John Doe sure seemed to turn his loyalties on a dime. Pick a side and stick with it, guy!

Anyway, ridiculously excited for a second series. I hope more people start watching this! It really was a gem. 

On 2/5/2017 at 5:23 PM, Giant Misfit said:

I totally get Sarah calling the cops on Kate for some imaginary crime after finding out James had slept with her. I would have totally done the same thing if my husband's dead ex wife came back and was competing for a place at the table.

If I had a husband whose dead wife came back, I'd be checking myself into a hospital :)

My only disappointment with season 1 is that I wish it were longer.  SOOOO looking forward to season 2!

• Love 2

I might watch it again from the beginning. I found it in the middle of the night, last October, and watched a couple of episodes. I've only just got back to it.

So Sarah died and came back, too - her prescriptions were all from that company that the doctor was a part of? I'm a bit confused there. 

The doctor telling that one man that he could choose who he wants to be now, and then the next thing you know, she's telling him to murder someone?? Awful. 

On 4/30/2017 at 4:24 PM, Anela said:

So Sarah died and came back, too - her prescriptions were all from that company that the doctor was a part of? I'm a bit confused there. 

Apparently (from what the baby delivery doctor said) Sarah clinically was dead for at least a few moments, but they saved her. I guess we are supposed to assume that she is now like the other people who came back from the grave, except that she didn't have to claw her way out of the grave (same as Vic). I don't remember seeing prescriptions for Sarah, but I do remember seeing a lot of meds in the doctor's office cabinet that were (I think) from the company that she was a part of.  Elisha seemed to be giving Sarah prenatal care so it's possible she had given her prescriptions for vitamins or possibly other meds. For some reason I don't think that Sarah was meant to be part of the doctor's research, but who knows. A lot of the story doesn't make sense, but my husband and I were still fascinated by it and can't wait for a second season. I just hope they give some explanations.

On 12/27/2016 at 8:50 PM, bilgistic said:

There's more to the pharma company story, obviously. Maybe it's causing the resurrections with drugs in the groundwater OR the company/doc was researching on the bodies, thought they/she was unsuccessful, reburied the bodies and they came back after all.

This was my theory but not sure it would explain why Vic and (apparently) Sarah quickly resurrected without being buried first. 

• Love 2

Well I finished ep 1 of season 2 and I remembered how much I had no idea what was going on last season. And there is even more going on that I don't understand now! 

There are some new characters introduced. And a couple of new Risen characters on top of that. And unless there is a global phenomena that we are not seeing, we are still not given any idea why all the Risen people are from this small town. 

I had also forgotten how unrelentingly unlikable Kate is. Some of her stupidity is plot driven, clearly to introduce a new character and amp up the conflict with James. Nonetheless she is wildly awful and I like her less than the now probably evil Sarah. 

To offset that, John is still sexy in inappropriate circumstances. When he broke into the house and was smoldering at the Norguard professor it was pretty hilarious! But there again the scene didn't make any sense. How was she in the exact house that he happened to break into in the first place? 

It seems like almost everyone is a different flavour of evil. The new characters all seem shady. And McKellar looks more evil by the second. 

• Love 3

Episode 2- the scientific women seem to both be shady. Human experimentation and chopping off fingers firmly puts you in Dr. Evil territory, so Heysen is clearly in on whatever is going on. And McKellar can't seem to tell anybody the truth.

But John is redeemed, turns out he was never a murderer at all! 

James is still a good guy, but I can't figure out why he trusts Sarah. He knows she died and now she is acting weird and he doesn't seem to put 2 and 2 together. 

So Phil is some kind psychic vampire and seems to be the reincarnated version of whatever-was-possesing-Vic? Still totally weird that Phil died on an oil platform and doesn't have any problem with the deadly barrier that applies to everyone else. 

But by far the biggest WTF was the reveal that McKellar and John knew each other before he died. How does someone born 200 years ago become a cutting edge geneticist?! More and more bafflement with this show. 

And predictably, Kate continues to be awful. 

• Love 2

Episode 3-(I am at home ill, so I'm burning through them).

So after 1 and a half seasons of swearing that she didn't know anything about the barrier, it should surprise no-one that McKellar was lying. And now she is dead-presumably not for long. But definitely without telling anybody else anything useful so they could figure this shit out without her. 

Heysen has got some strong Dr. Mengele vibes going on. Definitely evil empire over there at Norgard.

I'm really, really confused by Phil the psychic vampire. I'm starting to think that he might be a time traveller from the future. It seems not unlikely given all the other improbable weirdness.  

Paddy's storyline has been pointless for this entire series so far. 

John/William continues to smoulder and be shirtless. 

The interaction between Kate and Sarah was awesomely awkward and cringe inducing. 

Kate continues to be awful. Who the hell thinks about adopting a puppy in her situation?!

• Like 1

Episode 3-(I am at home ill, so I'm burning through them).

So after 1 and a half seasons of swearing that she didn't know anything about the barrier, it should surprise no-one that McKellar was lying. And now she is dead-presumably not for long. But definitely without telling anybody else anything useful so they could figure this shit out without her. 

Heysen has got some strong Dr. Mengele vibes going on. Definitely evil empire over there at Norgard.

I'm really, really confused by Phil the psychic vampire. I'm starting to think that he might be a time traveller from the future. It seems not unlikely given all the other improbable weirdness.  

Paddy's storyline has been pointless for this entire series so far. 

John/William continues to smoulder and be shirtless. 

The interaction between Kate and Sarah was awesomely awkward and cringe inducing. 

Kate continues to be awful. Who the hell thinks about adopting a puppy in her situation?!

• LOL 1

Episode 4&5.

So Kate continues to be profoundly awful and stupid. 

Kirstie figured out who her killer was, and it was Kevin's brother who adds serial rapist and murderer to his other charms. And Kevin really does not come off well during his exchange with Kirstie. Which was too bad because he seemed like a sincere guy up till that point. I can not fathom maintaining hero worship for a brother you know is a murderer. And letting someone else rot in prison for it. 

Charlie remembered how he died and it was a sad end to what seems like a tragic life. 

Between the rich white family massacreing the local black population and the resident sports team being gang rapists/murderers this town sucks, as Kirstie so aptly said.

The rich white Fitzgeralds continue to be awful throughout the generations, from the old lady to the murdering grandson, they are pretty repellent across the board, including Paddy himself as we see. At least Paddy had enough self awareness to realise how terrible the family history was and to try convincing the old lady to do right. That being said I still don't see the point of this whole storyline in relation to the main plot. Especially now that Paddy is dead.

None of the Risen seem to have any survival instinct. Constantly running here and there when they know they are being hunted. James should have slapped some ankle monitors on the lot of them!

And it really does not look good on James that he hasn't figured out that Sarah is the vampire sidekick/time travelling robot or whatever is going on. 

Heysen figuring out the magical sound machine was a bit rushed. But with such a short season I guess they have to bustle along. And I think this was the first episode where John/William wasn't making sexy eyes at someone, which is a sad loss.

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well I'm having trouble with a couple of elements in the finale. 

newPhil really does seem like a robot. This guy (I'm using the term loosly) doesn't understand the basic concept of a baby?! I'm pretty sure that eliminates god as the force behind the murderous reborn. Thankfully! I don't think there would be anywhere for the show to go once you bring that kind of idea in. I was really concerned when James brought it up with his convo with newPhil. But they wandered away from it after that.  

Sarah constantly carting that baby around on all her conspiracy and murder errands was both funny (possibly unintentional) and horrifying! But I'm relived that James finally figured out that she is newSarah and they didn't draw out the "who killed Paddy" mystery into next season. Despite the fact that she came back as a possible time travelling robot, her death was pretty tragic. The acting was top notch all around this episode! 

Interesting! So it looks like just thinking about someone when the magic sound machine is on in the cemetery will bring them back. That was unexpected! But I missed something, because I can't figure out who brought Charlie back. 

Zooming in on a shot of the baby just as Sarah died was super ominous and creepy. I really hope that season 3 does not give us an evil baby to deal with! I'm at my maximum suspension of disbelief with this series villains already. 

Well, Kevin is full on despicable in my mind. I understand that he was 10 years old when it all went down, but he didn't come forward at ANY TIME since then. Even with his remorse I still find his actions appalling. He knew that the guy who went to jail was innocent of Kirstie's murder. He knew absolutely that his brother was a murderer and rapist for all these years. And he never once came forward! What a coward and failure of humanity. 

Heysen is the worst type of scientist! She is a Dr. Evil 100%. I'm assuming that she will be the big bad next season. It was so stupid that James let her take newPhil's body off to be experimented on. I hate when character consistency is sacrificed for plot progression. 

Also stupid is Kirstie's pregnancy. Presumably it is the spawn of her rapist that was reborn when she was. Which makes zero sense. It was her stem cells that were regenerated, the pregnancy shouldn't even be possible under those circumstances since it would be a completely distinct set of different cells! Why on earth are they adding more drama to this already bogged down story?

William didn't get to make sexy eyes at anyone, which was unfortunate . And Kate almost went a full episode without doing something stupid. But she managed in the end,  like the trooper she is, to spill everything to her shady bang buddy from up the road. Because that makes sense. 

They certainly left all kind of plot points hanging for the next season. But with only 6 episode per, I hope they do some editing because this is getting unnecessarily dense with secondary storylines. 

I really do enjoy this series. It has a good cast, except Kate, and an interesting premise. It is just a little frustrating to see it wilting under the strain of ever more unbelievable and unnecessary storylines. 

• Love 3
On 10/28/2017 at 10:26 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

But I missed something, because I can't figure out who brought Charlie back

Maybe it was the older man he met in the bar? That is the only person I can think of. He seemed to know a lot about Charlie.

• Love 4

One thing I really don’t get: Kate had lost a breast to cancer, yet returned completely intact. If they were regenerated from a single cell, as was explained in the show, this makes perfect sense. But William came back with the scars from his whipping. That would be Lamarckism - acquired characteristics getting incorporated into his DNA. It doesn’t work that way. So how do they explain it? Is it just an error on the part of the writers, or is it significant? If so, I sure hope they have a season 3 in which it gets explained.

• Love 3

Just finished season 2 and my first thought was did the evil doctor really need to cut off four of John's fingers? Did that give her any more information than cutting off one would have?

So Vic, Phil and Sarah all came back but weren't actually the people that came back as? They inhabited their bodies and had their memories but were brought back to enforce the natural law of you only get one life and the dead should stay dead. I don't think that's wrong. It's just that we've gotten to know those who were bought back and are sympathetic to them. The question is who is trying to enforce it. Also if our identity is based on a mix of our genetics and our life experiences then Sarah isn't really wrong when she claimed she was still Sarah.

From what Elisha said I was imagining her and James in some kind of heaven or hell. They developed an inappropriate connection and the entity in Elisha found some way to resurrect herself in the body of Elisha. She used the real Elisha's research to bring back John and inadvertently brought back the others. 

This show is pretty confusing. I'm still not really sure what is going on.

• Love 4
On 10/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

Kirstie figured out who her killer was, and it was Kevin's brother who adds serial rapist and murderer to his other charms. And Kevin really does not come off well during his exchange with Kirstie. Which was too bad because he seemed like a sincere guy up till that point. I can not fathom maintaining hero worship for a brother you know is a murderer. And letting someone else rot in prison for it. 

Actually, it was Chris's brother who was the rapist and murderer, though he has no memory of this due to a brain injury that he got a year or so after the crime. Kevin was Kirstie's boyfriend and the guy who was wrongly convicted based on evidence (a t-shirt with Kirstie's blood, I think) that Chris planted in Kevin's room because Chris's brother paid him to do that. I don't necessarily think Chris was a terrible person for planting the evidence, because he was only 10 at the time, probably didn't know what it was about, and figured that whatever his brother told him about it was the truth.  But he was a terrible person for not telling the truth once he was old enough to understand the wrong that was done, especially after he became a cop. Good that he's going to reopen the case but, as Kirstie said, too little too late.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:26 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

So it looks like just thinking about someone when the magic sound machine is on in the cemetery will bring them back. That was unexpected! But I missed something, because I can't figure out who brought Charlie back. 

On 11/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Arynm said:

Maybe it was the older man he met in the bar? That is the only person I can think of. He seemed to know a lot about Charlie.

The bar owner (or bartender) did seem to know a lot about Charlie, but he never knew him personally so it doesn't seem like he'd be thinking about Charlie in the kind of intense or longing way that was implied when this theory was mentioned. It makes sense for Kate and William, but who would be thinking about Paddy in that way? Also, Maria had a husband alive but he had dementia and if thinking about her at all it would probably be in a negative way, since he called her a whore when he saw her. So I don't think this theory about being brought back by someone thinking about you makes sense.

23 hours ago, snowwhyte said:

They developed an inappropriate connection and the entity in Elisha found some way to resurrect herself in the body of Elisha. She used the real Elisha's research to bring back John and inadvertently brought back the others. 

I was annoyed that they didn't give a flashback or explanation of what the connection was between Elisha and William, since that connection was so key to the plot.  Also, it seemed like Elisha and William died and were resurrected twice--the first time for Elisha was unclear to me but I assume was during the time when William or his "predecessor" was alive, the second time for Elisha was 4 years ago; the first time for William was when he was in the navy and drowned (was he called John or another name in the navy?), the second time for William was when he was hung. But everyone else who was resurrected stayed dead when they were killed again, except for Phil. So what was it about Elisha, William, and Phil that made them capable of being resurrected more than once?

Nitpick about wardrobe--where did those who rose from the grave get clothes that fit perfectly and were also appropriate for the personality and/or era of each character? Maria was apparently wearing a modest 60s era skirt and blouse that belonged to a woman who had lived in the abandoned property where they were staying, and I guess Kate got her old clothes back from the shed where James stored her stuff. But where did Kirstie get her sexy cutoffs, jeans, and tops, and where did Charlie get clothes that looked like they could be from the early 20th century? Also, why couldn't John/William ever change his clothing, including his bloody shirt? These are the kinds of silly things that take me out of a show.

I'd be in for a third season but but would like more explanations and less Kate. But I have a bad feeling that she will end up helping James raise the baby.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Paloma said:

On 11/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Arynm said:

The bar owner (or bartender) did seem to know a lot about Charlie, but he never knew him personally so it doesn't seem like he'd be thinking about Charlie in the kind of intense or longing way that was implied when this theory was mentioned. It makes sense for Kate and William, but who would be thinking about Paddy in that way? Also, Maria had a husband alive but he had dementia and if thinking about her at all it would probably be in a negative way, since he called her a whore when he saw her. So I don't think this theory about being brought back by someone thinking about you makes sense.

On 12/1/2017 at 5:55 PM, snowwhyte said:

I thought maybe the bartender too. He seemed to really have a thing for Charlie so maybe it was enough to bring him back. Bo said he went to the cemetery to think about his father even though he wasn't buried there. So maybe it brought back the "original" father of his family line. Maybe Maria and Carlo's family were thinking about them. Just because the husband has dementia doesn't mean that he doesn't remember/think about his wife. 

I do think that this might also bring back OG Sarah. James was thinking about her but most likely still thinking about horrible Kate. But I viewed the whole baby thing as the baby thinking about her mother. Maybe it was because new Phil asked what the baby does for Sarah when she is the one that does all the work. If this isn't the case an her death is just a way to pave the way for Kate and James I will be so pissed. They seem awful together.

Man Kate you just met this guy and you tell him your secret. What the hell is wrong with you? 

How long have they been back? This seems to be the first time Kirstie show signs of pregnancy. Which seems dumb and out of nowhere but I guess I'll ignore that. 

Lol at William and Dr. Evil in the cemetery. Did they really think Elisha lugged all that crap to the cemetery and then all the people popped out of their graves? I think someone would have noticed. They fixed the barrier so I guess that's a win. I did wonder what would have happened if one of them was outside the barrier when it shifted. Would it be instant dust? 

Magic whistle seems to bring people back. Wonder how many are going to rise this time. 

Oh and dick move James. "Sarah ran away with a lover" so you can't just make up a reason for her to have died so she could get a real funeral and not some sad unmarked grave. Which is another reason I think she will be back.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

Bo said he went to the cemetery to think about his father even though he wasn't buried there. So maybe it brought back the "original" father of his family line. Maybe Maria and Carlo's family were thinking about them. Just because the husband has dementia doesn't mean that he doesn't remember/think about his wife. 

I forgot about Bo (Beau?) saying this, and I also forgot about Carlo. So maybe there is something to this theory.

This show is soooooo ridiculous and I love it sooooo much! First, I'm grateful that the seasons have only been six episodes each so I don't have to suffer too much suspending my disbelief at the ever-increasing laundry list of incredulous circumstances. I still have yet to figure out (I'm only on episode 4 of S2) how the undead oil rig worker was imbued with a "mission" upon his resurrection -- much the same as SecondSarah was. Who's giving them their marching orders to KILL! KILL! KILL!? 

Still very confused about Elisha telling William she had no idea how they knew each other but that he'd "find out in time." 

And for all the tooling around Kate does, how does she manage to never run into anyone that knew her? 

Am also loving that Yoorana (sp?) is the world's safest town where literally ZERO crime ever occurs that would drag its police force into doing some work besides protecting the undead who never seem to stay at home long enough to require any actual protection.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, Paloma said:

Actually, it was Chris's brother who was the rapist and murderer

Opps, thanks for correcting the name. And I agree with Kirstie, reopening the investigation is way too little too late. There is no going back from a murder/rape conviction, that guy's life is ruined. And Chris looks to be around 40ish, so he has had a couple of decades to come to grips with his own and his brother's actions and come forward and he never did. So I am still calling foul on his worth as a human being at this point. 

On 12/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, Paloma said:

The bar owner (or bartender) did seem to know a lot about Charlie, but he never knew him personally so it doesn't seem like he'd be thinking about Charlie

I thought that the person would have to be thinking about the deceased AND be near the cemetery in order for the magic sound machine to work. I was pretty sure that was the point behind the scene with James asking Beau about what he was thinking about the night that the risen climbed out of their collective grave (presumably resulting in Paddy as the nearest father figure, which is still a stretch). And we didn't see the bartender in the first episode at the cemetary. But I also completely forgot about Maria from season 1! So some of these explanations/theories that I thought were explained in this season are not holding together plotwise. Come on show, do better!

On 12/2/2017 at 6:29 PM, snowwhyte said:

Yeah, it is super convenient that Sarah died, paving the way for James to be reunited with Kate and still be viewed with sympathy since his wife supposedly left him for another man. 

Gag! I fear that this is the direction that they will probably go in but I'm already hating it. 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

And for all the tooling around Kate does, how does she manage to never run into anyone that knew her? 

Only one of the vast suspensions of disbelief needed to enjoy this show! I watched the entire season thinking the same thing. She has only been dead a couple of years and it is a tiny town. The place should be littered with people who recognize her!

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 2

Just finished E6 - and LOL! OMG! So why didn't William, anticipating Elishia's resurrection, at least be bothered to dig up her grave so she wouldn't have to do it herself!? Sure, she never materialized -- she's probably still trying to dig her way out! That dirt has got to be heavy. 

Also laughed out loud at Kate explaining to not-at-all-sketchy Owen how she was once dead and now...isn't. Who could have ever anticipated he had nefarious plans afoot once she unloaded that information on him? (Answer: everyone.)

I felt so sorry for poor Paddy. I guess his matter can't be reorganized in S3 by some sound waves and a convenient magical whistle. Stay strong, Beau! Make sure you kill your stepfather's reanimated corpse next season!

I really do love this show and cannot wait for the next season!

9 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

She has only been dead a couple of years and it is a tiny town. The place should be littered with people who recognize her!

Guess the hair pulled back under the baseball cap is supposed to be sufficient disguise, LOL! But seriously, where and how is she going to live? Even if she ends up back with James, she can't and/or won't stay home all the time. Also, there should be a fair number of people who recognize Kirstie--people who went to high school with her (and wouldn't that include the other rapists?) would be the same age as Vicky (the realtor), and there should also be quite a few adults who knew her as a teenager. I guess she could be introduced to people as a niece or cousin who happens to be the spitting image of Kirstie, but it would certainly raise suspicion, especially together with Kate's presence. Seems like the best idea is for all of them to relocate with new identities.

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

So why didn't William, anticipating Elishia's resurrection, at least be bothered to dig up her grave so she wouldn't have to do it herself!? Sure, she never materialized -- she's probably still trying to dig her way out! That dirt has got to be heavy.

Yup, that's what I kept yelling at my TV. 

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also laughed out loud at Kate explaining to not-at-all-sketchy Owen how she was once dead and now...isn't. Who could have ever anticipated he had nefarious plans afoot once she unloaded that information on him? (Answer: everyone.)

I went back and forth on being suspicious of Owen.  I said "uh-oh" when we saw him in his garage or shed with a chemical that (I think) was some kind of preservative, but later that seemed in line with his interest in taxidermy (though still a little spooky considering that the Risen are, in a sense, preserved bodies).  Then I said "uh-oh" again when we saw that he was on probation for manslaughter, but accepted his explanation and his apparent regret for a youthful mistake that resulted in tragedy. Maybe it's just because Owen is the "sensitive bad boy" type who is often the hero in TV shows and movies, but by the time Kate was ready to explain the situation to him, I felt that if she had to tell anyone maybe he was the best one. So I was really disappointed to see him make that call. But I'm still hoping that his plans are not nefarious and that there is a reasonably innocent explanation for the call.

• Love 1

http://renewcanceltv.com/glitch-renewed-season-3-abc-netflix/

I am a little confused. Are they going to show this first on ABC in the U.S. and then on Netflix? Do other countries have ABC? Maybe that stands for Australian Broadcast Network?

I am super excited about this show getting a third season!

ETA: I actually read the link I posted and it will be on Australian ABC and then worldwide on Netflix. Mystery solved!

Edited by Arynm

I had not logged into Netflix for a long time, so I was pleasantly surprised to see S2 of Glitch! However, since it had been almost a year since I watched S1, it took a bit to job my memory on who the characters were and what happened to them...especially Sarah. I totally forgot about Maria until reading the current posts here. What happened to her again in S1?

All in all, I enjoyed S2 even though it dragged in some parts, so thank goodness it was only 6 episodes. But, the finale left me wanting to see more so hopefully there will be a S3.

Oh, and I kept waiting for someone to give William a clean shirt! It was almost distracting!

On 12/3/2017 at 8:53 PM, Giant Misfit said:

I'm grateful that the seasons have only been six episodes each

That's the thing I don't like.  Because it's only 6 episodes it seemed sooooo long for season 2 to arrive.  So long that now, after watching episode 1 of season 2, I really don't care anymore, which saddens me :(

Good point, @ByTor. I barely even knew that S2 had started since Glitch isn't one of those shows where the entertainment press falls all over itself to promote. In fact, I think it took me until the second episode of S2 to remember what happened in S1. UGH.

I thought William said Elisha must be a witch at one point.  She said she wasn't, of course.  However, I'm wonder if that ever comes into play.  Eh, maybe I heard it wrong or it just doesn't matter in this series.   I realize Phil's wife(?) was saying she wished he were there with her right about the time he was killed on the oil rig.  It made me wonder how that could even play into his coming back if the sound machine weren't going at the time, much less that he wasn't even in the vicinity.  Also, I got a vague idea that everyone beside Elisha and William were accidentally brought back.  It had something to do with fertilizer put into the cemetery.   I think I've confused myself even further now.

Edited by kelslamu

I don’t know why so many people are hating on Kate in this love triangle between her, James and Sarah. Let’s face it, Kate was married to James first. She was taken away from James due to the very unfortunate event of death. James does, and always will, truly love Kate more than Sarah, as it has been obvious throughout the entire show. It was even stated by Sarah herself that if the choice came down to either Kate or Sarah, he would choose Kate. If Kate never died, James and Sarah would never have been a thing in the first place.

I don’t understand how people can feel hate towards Kate in this situation, rather than sympathy. 

Plus it’s not like James just moved on with a random person. He moved on with her BEST FRIEND. (And he moved on decently fast considering she wasn’t dead THAT long before apparently re-marrying and expecting a child very soon). Imagine coming back to life, realizing you have died, wonder into your old home, see pictures of you and your husband, and then see your pregnant best friend carrying your husbands child with a wedding ring on her finger. We all would be pissed off, devastated and jealous in that situation. 

And as far Sarah... No, it’s not fair to her either. She didn’t ask for Kate to come back and ruin her new life with her dead best friends former husband. But, she did. It’s a complicated situation, and it sucks, but the way she acted towards all of this was immature. Yeah, Kate slept with James when they got re-united. Yes, James is married to Sarah at this time. But, James is also Kate’s husband, too. So for Sarah to tell Kate that James was “her” husband, was kind of ignorant. 

And I can totally understand why Kate was acting the way she was towards Jame’s. 

And, although I did like certain things about Sarah, the fact that she died just made things go back to the way they should’ve been in the first place... With Jame’s being with Kate. However, I have a feeling that Sarah may come back to life in the third season. Probably as her normal self. Which will be really interesting to see how that goes between them all. 

• Love 2

I watched the whole second season last night. Merry Christmas to me.

Like most of you, I was completely confused. I forgot most of what happened in the first season.

Why, oh, why did they bury Sarah in Stephen King's Pet Sematary?

How did Kate and Charlie have money to buy food and beer in town?

Can no one find super-hot John/William a shirt that doesn't look like he mows the lawn in it?

I was distracted by stupid things like this and all the other issues y'all have pointed out instead of the story, because it dragged, even for six episodes. It felt like nothing but the returnees hanging at the lake house.

No one cares about Paddy, show.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, kelslamu said:

I thought William said Elisha must be a witch at one point.  She said she wasn't, of course.  However, I'm wonder if that ever comes into play.  Eh, maybe I heard it wrong or it just doesn't matter in this series.   

No you did not hear it wrong.  I watched that episode two nights ago and I heard it as well.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, bilgistic said:

How did Kate and Charlie have money to buy food and beer in town? 

No one cares about Paddy, show.

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching them buy drinks at the bar.

Wait a second at least one person does.  Paddy was my favorite character on the show and I hated it when they killed him off.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

Opps, thanks for correcting the name. And I agree with Kirstie, reopening the investigation is way too little too late. There is no going back from a murder/rape conviction, that guy's life is ruined. And Chris looks to be around 40ish, so he has had a couple of decades to come to grips with his own and his brother's actions and come forward and he never did. So I am still calling foul on his worth as a human being at this point. 

I thought that the person would have to be thinking about the deceased AND be near the cemetery in order for the magic sound machine to work. I was pretty sure that was the point behind the scene with James asking Beau about what he was thinking about the night that the risen climbed out of their collective grave (presumably resulting in Paddy as the nearest father figure, which is still a stretch). And we didn't see the bartender in the first episode at the cemetary. But I also completely forgot about Maria from season 1! So some of these explanations/theories that I thought were explained in this season are not holding together plotwise. Come on show, do better!

Gag! I fear that this is the direction that they will probably go in but I'm already hating it. 

Only one of the vast suspensions of disbelief needed to enjoy this show! I watched the entire season thinking the same thing. She has only been dead a couple of years and it is a tiny town. The place should be littered with people who recognize her!

Your theory about Beau and Paddy seems to be plausible.  I finished watching the second season last night and I was wondering about who was thinking about Paddy and Charlie.  I mean Paddy has been dead for what a century and a half and Charlie has been dead for a almost a century.  What living person would be longing for their return.  Your Beau theory works for Paddy but the bartender who knew everything about Charlie is a huge stretch.

Also if I was the bartender I would find Charlie to be very odd.  I mean this guy comes to town looking to find information about his relative and yet from the bartender's perspective Charlie only gives him bits of information here and there.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, Giant Misfit said:

Am also loving that Yoorana (sp?) is the world's safest town where literally ZERO crime ever occurs that would drag its police force into doing some work besides protecting the undead who never seem to stay at home long enough to require any actual protection.

This made me laugh far more than it should have.  Thank you.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2018 at 1:18 AM, BK1978 said:

No you did not hear it wrong.  I watched that episode two nights ago and I heard it as well.

Wait a second at least one person does.  Paddy was my favorite character on the show and I hated it when they killed him off.

Paddy was my daughter's and my favorite character as well.  :(

Has anyone else besides myself and my husband notice how the guys still are dirty? The girls are clean but the guys didn't get all cleaned up. They have dirt in their ears etc. my 85 yo mom argues saying it is just shadow or beard lol!

• Love 1
On 1/11/2018 at 7:07 PM, Mrshonesty said:

Has anyone else besides myself and my husband notice how the guys still are dirty? The girls are clean but the guys didn't get all cleaned up. They have dirt in their ears etc

Charlie had dirt in his ears for every episode! I am so glad someone else noticed. Why did he stay so dirty? I hated that Paddy was killed, he didn't deserve that. He didn't ask to be brought back, none of them did.

• Love 1

I really like this show, I wish more people were watching it. The only problem is that it will take so long for the next season to come I'm going to forget what happened. For now my spec is that the entity that was in Elisha did come back but that it's in Phil now. If the Elisha that's buried in the cemetery comes back, it will be the original Elisha. Which means that Sarah could also come back as her original self.

Another person that liked Paddy and his story. At least at the end he was starting to understand that violence begets violence and his part in why his family was so terrible. He also got to hear Bo say that he wished that Paddy was his dad. I just wish Paddy could have seen that his family did do the right thing. I hope we still see Bo next season, I love that kid.

It sucks that it looks like Kirstie is pregnant but they need to have some story for her now that she's figured out who murdered her. I assume the story for Charlie will be him coming to terms with who he is. Otherwise the show wouldn't have much need for their characters to still be around and I want them to still be there. 

I don't know where some of them got their clothes but I don't really care. I love the detail that they still dressed like the did in the time they were alive. Kirstie in particular. I remember wearing the exact kinds of things she does back in 1989. I do want John/William to get another shirt though. It must smell really bad by now. 

• Love 1

I didn't know there was a thread for this. I've watched both seasons. It's not the best series but I'm enjoying it. The only issue is waiting so long between seasons. 

I really hope they answer what Elisha is, she said something about her and William/John couldn't be together before and was figuring out ways for them to be. I was really hoping to see her in his flashbacks. Although that brings up the question if she was a woman back then how did she get her science knowledge? I would see how they would think she's a witch. Or may she's really a guy and that's why they couldn't be together? Or they are both from the future? Does he/she come back in different bodies, since she took Elisha's and didn't come back in her/his own body. Maybe they should go check the morgue for any missing bodies. 

I like how they can buy beer but not a change of clothes. I suppose it's so we know what time period they are from since known of them react to the new technology. Kate being the only one that wouldn't see that much of a difference, the rest should've been shocked and want to learn more about it. 

I like that we finally found out how they all died, I don't know how I feel about Kristie being pregnant with her rapists kid that was really necessary. Poor Charlie being upset that he killed himself, probably because he doesn't remember how sick he was. For me Paddy's story was just starting to get interesting than they killed him. 

Who are these other risen people that think that the others shouldn't be there and are killing them, but they are fine with walking around. Shouldn't they not exist either?  

• Love 1