Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Gold Rush

On 12/21/2019 at 1:52 AM, Stealthy said:

Ok I just have missed something. Why is Tony not running the dredges? Is is connected to the water license issue?

Yes.  No water license, no dredging.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:52 AM, Stealthy said:

Ok I just have missed something. Why is Tony not running the dredges? Is is connected to the water license issue?

On 1/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, walnutqueen said:

Yes.  No water license, no dredging.

See, this is where the show is missing out.  Many of us would enjoy the behind-the-scenes business of obtaining permits, applying for a water license, and things like that.

Back when a reality show meant a film crew following along as a group of people do what they normally do, they followed a contractor into the building department in a small town.

Well, the small town mayor saw the film crew and just about jumped over the desks to get in front of the camera!  It was hilarious!  He asked if he could help, while literally smoothing down his hair with his bare hands.

It goes to show that the equipment and the people can make for a good show.  They don't need the manufactured drama and it doesn't add to the show anyway.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Like 5

It has been a treat to see Gene Cheeseman and Freddy Dodge helping out this season.

Rick Ness has always seemed like a pretty nice fellow, but Gene and Freddy have forgotten more about gold mining than Rick knows.

Have been enjoying "Whitewater" this season too.  Some quite creative bush fixes on that show.

Edited by Liberty
  • Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Liberty said:

It has been a treat to see Gene Cheeseman and Freddy Dodge helping out this season.

Rick Ness has always seemed like a pretty nice fellow, but Gene and Freddy have forgotten more about gold mining than Rick knows.

Have been enjoying "Whitewater" this season too.  Some quite creative bush fixes on that show.

I was getting kind of tired of this show last season and wasn't going to watch this year. The main show with Rick, Tony and Parker is all I watch of it. It's kind of interesting sometimes but three hours is too much. I agree about Cheeseman and Dodge. Even if they've got some learning to do, Rick's crew seems like they'd be okay to work with. I'd never work for someone like Schnable or Beets. I kind of like Tony but not hardass bosses.

• Like 1