Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Justice Society of America

• Start Topic

On 10/21/2016 at 5:02 PM, Latverian Diplomat said:

Technically the historical journal was affected at the same "time", it was altered to reflect the new timeline, I thought. Now how a historian would record in a journal that his grandfather died before his father was conceived without freaking out about it is some trick.

I am SO CONFUSED. Is Nate Rex's (Hourman's) grandson or Steel's grandson? I think I need to rewatch, because clearly I missed the part where it was revealed Nate was Steel's grandson, and all I remember is Nate looking at Rex, telling him how he got Rex's dog tags.

On 10/22/2016 at 7:00 PM, Argenta said:

It was also a treat to see Eobard Thawne up to his usual dirty tricks; even if he only got a minute or so of screentime. I hope his role increases as the season continues. I look forward to seeing him interact with Damien & co.

I must be the only one who can't stand Eobard Thawne in the tvverse. He's too much of a moustache twirling villain, because he wins ALL.THE.FUCKING.TIME. and never loses. And because I'm a table for one, I will continue to believe HE is the reason for all the fucked up nonsense on Arrow and Flash. Nothing would please me more than to see him DIE. FOR REAL.

• Love 1

@GHScorpiosRule . . . Nate is the grandson of Commander Steel, not Hourman. I would make the same generic white guy hero mistake a few episodes later, thinking Nate was Amaya's grandson.

Eobard-as-Wells was the more interesting take on the character. The guy playing him now is okay, but he's not the star attraction of the "Legion of Doom." Maybe they can get whashisname to kill himself again, negating Captain Eo's existence.

20 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Nate is the grandson of Commander Steel, not Hourman.

Thanks. But it still doesn't make sense since he was looking at Rex when telling the story. And the actors who play Hourman/Commander Steel look nothing alike. Good thing I saved the episode, because I really need to rewatch it. I recognized Rex as dude from Suits I can't stand, and the actor playing Steel is a bit more massive and has more of a presence if you will, than Hourman.

Plus that whole Back to the Future fade away thing, along with the missing dog tags that was happening.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I am SO CONFUSED. Is Nate Rex's (Hourman's) grandson or Steel's grandson? I think I need to rewatch, because clearly I missed the part where it was revealed Nate was Steel's grandson, and all I remember is Nate looking at Rex, telling him how he got Rex's dog tags.

They were Commander Steel's dog tags, not Rex's.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks. But it still doesn't make sense since he was looking at Rex when telling the story. And the actors who play Hourman/Commander Steel look nothing alike. Good thing I saved the episode, because I really need to rewatch it. I recognized Rex as dude from Suits I can't stand, and the actor playing Steel is a bit more massive and has more of a presence if you will, than Hourman.

I pulled up the video to confirm (because it makes me itchy to state definite opinions without verifying) -- Nate is absolutely talking to Commander Steel, not Rex!

On 1/6/2017 at 9:28 AM, Sakura12 said:

I don't think Rex was in the room when Nate was talking about his grandfather's dog tags. It was only Amaya and Commander Steel. 

19 hours ago, snarktini said:

I pulled up the video to confirm (because it makes me itchy to state definite opinions without verifying) -- Nate is absolutely talking to Commander Steel, not Rex!

Egads!??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

I'm a maroon! I can't believe that I thought it was Rex that Nate was talking to! I'm blaming my insomnia and looking away for a minute or two during that whole exchange.

I really am not normally so clueless and an idiot and can tell people apart.

I'll just go back into my corner right now and flog myself.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
On 1/5/2017 at 10:11 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I must be the only one who can't stand Eobard Thawne in the tvverse. He's too much of a moustache twirling villain, because he wins ALL.THE.FUCKING.TIME. and never loses. And because I'm a table for one, I will continue to believe HE is the reason for all the fucked up nonsense on Arrow and Flash. Nothing would please me more than to see him DIE. FOR REAL.

Nope, not just you. He's the worst. (Well, one of them.)

Don't flog too hard. We promise to mock only a teeny bit. :)

Edited by snarktini
  • Love 1
On 06/01/2017 at 6:11 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hey, if you don't want any Thawne, I'll happily have your share ?

Slightly more seriously, I would quibble that he 'never loses' - the character has had a good number of setbacks both minor and major during his time on Flash and LoT. If he'd won every time, both Barry and all the Legends would be dead already. Or completely erased from existence.

Ugh.  I’d forgotten how insufferable the JSA was, even including Amaya at this point.  The Legends are a bit of a leaderless disaster right now (ok, fine, to be fair, they’re always kind of a disaster), but they can’t be blamed for starting that fight.  And am I the only one who wanted to punch Rex after the way he dismissed Sara?😡

They do follow up a little more on the Season One cliffhanger; I really had forgotten a lot of this.  Maybe it will be all explained.   

High points are Victor Garber singing, and Ray’s absolute inability to even fake a Nazi salute.  “Ah hell.”  Ray, I think you’ve spending too much time with Mick.  😂And then of course Martin recognizing Sara as the leader, even though, unofficially, she already was. 

Some really horrible CGI with the Nazi supersoldier.😬  Thawne being his usual villainous self.  I used to prefer Tom Cavanagh’s Thawne, but Matt Letscher’s version became my favorite over the course of this season, I think.  

Edited by Starfish35

I also forgot how annoying the JSA was. So they did change the wording but didn't come up with it until season 2. I still love the teams reaction when Rex dismissed Sara, they were like "nice knowing you, man, she's gonna kill you now." Lol

Then we have Martin realizing that they have a tactician on board with a former assassin that's never been convicted. I felt like Mick was showing that he was proud of Sara by outing her like that. I did like them showing Sara already acting like Captain before Martin realized it. She was worried about Nate and wouldn't leave Ray or Amaya behind. Soldiers have the never leave a man behind motto, assassins probably don't and yet she's the one that would risk the mission to save her team. 

With The Man in High Castle theme song being Edelweiss and just finishing it's final season, it was interesting to hear Martin sing it. I had forgotten how many times the Legends fought the Nazi's. So by the time they showed up at Barry's wedding they should've been like, again with Nazi's. 

Letscher’s Thawne became my favorite after this season. He played him more manipulative and cunning, actually showing his genius. While Cavanagh plays a more mustache twirling villain. I wish we would get Letscher's version in the crossover. But I suppose that version of Thawne despite being the real one is more a Legends nemesis than Barry's. 

• Love 1