Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Justice Society of America

• Start Topic

This was another fun episode. Yes, most of the JSA outfits looked hokey but I think they fit with the time period. 

However I'm most happy for Captain Lance! Despite her violent exterior she is loyal and will go back to save the team. Now I want Mick to be her second. That should surprise everyone in the crossover. 

Didn't expect Rex to die. I guess that's the reason Vixen joins them, she'll want to stop his killer. 

• Love 7

That was fun!  (And I liked that the JSA didn't jump to immediately respecting the Legends at the end of the episode.  The crew has proven their abilities, but they're still a bunch of crazy hotheads.)

I'd figured Nate had a secret.  In a way, I'm a bit sad that they've already given him superpowers.  It would have been nice to have an actually disabled Legend for a bit.  But I really liked his scenes with Commander Steel.

As a Rip fan, I was happy that he was mentioned so often.  And it was good to see him in the Hourman flashback.  They have to justify his name in the credits somehow after all.  But I do hope we get to see what happened to him soon.  I do think he'd be happy to see that Sara was in charge when he's gone though.

I don't think they're setting Mick up as a second.  At brief glance, I'd guess either Ray or Jax.  I'm hoping Jax.  He did get the in depth technical experience and he gave Martin a lot of much needed advice.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 3

Ray punching the Nazi was great, and so was the fact he couldn't do the Nazi salute.  And speaking of Ray, Vixen is a step up from Kendra, she's not telling anybody about being a barista only a few months earlier.

Wasn't expecting Eobard to kill Rex already.  I thought we'd get Rex for a few more episodes.

Sara as the leader is going to be awesome.

• Love 6

Good episode. Might have been reaching into Marvel's sandbox, but it was a good way to waste an hour.

I'm good with Sara being leader, even if she is the best of a team that's more of a formless mass than the JSA operates. Martin was a unique fit as leader, since he's basically the invisible partner in Firestorm. Nice that he got one song out of his tenure. Oh, and how funny was it for Ray to be unable to heil properly? You can't blame the guy . . . he's got seventy years of history forcing his arm down.

Once again, Eobard ruins everything. If you've never seen The Flash, that's par for him. And speaking of Barry's show, I'm still in favor of the "Legends" swinging by Central City 2016 for the express purpose of dope-slapping him. It's the only way he'll learn not to meddle in the past.

• Love 10

Another really fun episode.  I enjoyed the JLA a great deal.  I'm glad to see Sara get promoted to captain.  She really was the soul of the team last season and they often followed her lead.

I liked Nate too and enjoyed his scenes with Commander Steel (who was great btw).

• Love 2

I love how everyone looked around awkwardly when Rex assumed that the older white man was the team leader. They all knew it was Sara. I half expected Mick to make a snarky remark but I guess he was taking Sara's lead. 

I love that Sara officially became Captain because she proved herself rather than some arbitrary reason (like her gender/ethnicity Rex). It makes it more special and satisfying. 

Looks like they're determined to make Ray a romantic leading man. I didn't hate him and Kendra but it did sideline her story and I'm worried the same will happen to Vixen if they pair her with Ray. 

Reverse Flash still messing around. Barry is the worst. 

• Love 7

I don't know much about Star Girl, so if anyone does I have a question. How was she able to zap Stein and Jax apart? Or was it just supposed to be if he gets hit hard enough Firestorm falls apart?

Of course Sara is the leader. Rip was grooming her last season. Even Mick won't argue with her.

When Ray was fighting the uber-Nazi, did he forget he can grow bigger as well as smaller? Or was turning giant to fight Savage's robot a one shot thing?

I'll be curious to see what powers the new guy gets. (Yes, I saw the preview, but that's for next week).

• Love 2

Would they really put Ray in another relationship with a woman destined to be with someone else? Unless he's going to be Mari's grandfather. 

I also loved how everyone pretty much knew that Sara was leader since they listened to her direction when it really counted. She really is the best choice to make decisions under pressure. Ray can't even pretend to be a Nazi to stay undercover. Sara's made many hard choices in her life to keep herself alive. Without Leonard, Sara is probably their next best tactician. Then there was last season where she was pretty much the counselor of the team and kept everyone together.  I just hope she and Vixen get along. I'm liking her so far. 

Star Girl's staff projects cosmic energy, I assume that's how she was able to separate Jax and Stein. 

• Love 3

Would they really put Ray in another relationship with a woman destined to be with someone else? Unless he's going to be Mari's grandfather.

I was reading an article by the showrunners after this episode and they admitted that Ray and Kendra didn't work.  I hope they remember this if they are thinking of putting Ray in another relationship.

• Love 1

I think we're probably leaping to conclusions about Ray and romantic relationships.  Last episode, Ray had significant interaction with Sara, this time with Vixen.  And neither case really seems to have involved anything romantic.  

Besides, even if Vixen had been attracted to Ray, I'd expect Rex's death will be something of a turn off.

• Love 5

I think Ray and Kendra might've worked better if the writers had remembered that Ray was a self-made billionaire in his mid-thirties and not a doofy high school boy with a crush on the "pwetty birdy girl."  I think Sara/Kendra might've worked better, especially since we know that Sara's a Time Playa.

I'm sad that Rex Tyler is gone.  I was looking forward to him eventually saying "Don't worry, Harvey and Donna are on it."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 6

What a fun episode, and a fun season thus far. I really hope that this season does well. I'm kind of hoping that they can create one more season out of this show. I don't think it's a show that will last more than three seasons, but allow me to be pleasantly surprised.

In exchange for the Hawks and Savage, we get Nate, Vixen, and Eobard Thawne. That's not a bad trade at all. I like all three of the characters. Nate, in particular. They gave him a centric storyline, as all the other characters got to have their origin stories that span over several episodes, and his did not disappoint. I'm only mildly surprised they got rid of his hemophilia this quickly, but I totally understand why. How is he going to be able to fight in battle if there's more worry about him dying? 

I'll admit; any chemistry that Vixen and Ray might have had is totally lost on me because all throughout their scenes, I was too worried and distracted by the thought of them becoming a couple. Ray/Kendra didn't work out, and I really don't want Ray to be the go-to man for romances on this show. Plus, I actually liked Vixen's introduction this episode. They got a capable actress and even if the writing was less than stellar for her, I liked her attitude. I did laugh when she said that Ray wasn't a hero. It was entertaining to hear honesty, even if it was too blunt. 

I went into the episode having just found out about a death, and I automatically assumed it was Rex. I wonder how he got a presumed hologram to deliver the message to the team, unless Eobard killing him prevented that. I honestly thought that they said that Rex would be in a recurring status. I guess they changed their minds, or Patrick J Adams wasn't able to do more than a couple of episodes. Maybe we'll see him again? Maybe? 

Captain Sara Lance! It has a nice ring to it! I didn't mind that Stein tried to take on the leadership role, but I'm happy that he realized it wasn't for him. In a situation that they're in, time is ironically of the essence, and there won't always be time to think, plan, and assess. She even got her good moments to prop up Nate! That was nice! 

Overall, good episode! 

• Love 4

I need to complain about some production stuff.  The CGI, godawful.  The editing, confusing.  Twice I didn't understand how a fight came to an end (even after rewinding) and until Ray pulled that super serum back out, I would have sworn he already had injected himself with it.  Plus what the hell was with the synth music during the first confrontation with the JSA?  And Star Girl's staff looked exactly like the gold painted plastic I'm sure it was. 

But other than that, a fun romp. 

Did anyone catch Vixen's name?  I heard it said several times and I still can't remember it. 

• Love 3

I loved how the rest of the team started looking around the room when Rex dismissed Sara to talk to Stein as well. They already knew she was the real leader. 

Did anyone catch Vixen's name?  I heard it said several times and I still can't remember it

Amaya

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

They are handling the large cast well this season. Even with the JSA added. I think it might be that the Hawks were just that bad and with Savage being linked to them and Rip it clogged the episodes. 

Yeah there was some production cheapness but ratings aren't great and I've watched much more low budget. Maybe they have to do a lot of one or two takes and outs so editing doesn't have a lot of options?  I think Ray was about to inject himself but didn't but they wanted us to think he did and that is why the cut? I thoughr the Nazi had taken Ray's serum. It was a bit messy. I also think a few scenes were cut from the episode.

I wonder if they are going to give the voice over to a different character each episode? I just noticed that Sara's bird is in the opening credits this season instead of the feather. I like it better for some reason. 

@BkWurm1  Grandma Vixen's name is Amaya Jiwe.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

And he quoted Back To The Future beforehand, too!

I am so glad someone else caught that!  Watch me for the changes and try to keep up!

9 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I just noticed that Sara's bird is in the opening credits this season instead of the feather. I like it better for some reason. 

I'm guessing they used the feather to reduce confusion with the Hawk logo?  And I'm thinking that Sara may have the opening narration because she's the leader?

• Love 4

A couple of things occurred to me just now. 

First, with Sara as the official Captain, and in spite of my hatred of shipper names, we now have Captain Canary. I do wish Cold had been there to see her ascension. His crush would have only grown. 

Second, we just saw another nod to the Black Canary of the comics. Dinah has led the Justice League before and the Legends are the closest the tv verse will get to that and they just chose Sara to lead them. By my calculations we only need her to go by Dinah and run a flower shop/be a rock star to hit and we'll have hit her main points. And both of those can be accomplished on missions so it's definitely possible. 

I agree that the CGI was really bad. If they can't add the good stuff then they shouldn't do anything that requires it. 

• Love 6

I love Dinah Lance, but I'd rather not see Sara revert to being yet another variation on Dinah's theme.  One of the best things about Legends is the way it gives the writers more of an opportunity to explore the parts of Sara that make her a unique and special character in her own right.   I'm going to really enjoy seeing Sara as the leader (or co-leader, I'd imagine, when Rip comes back) of this crazy team of misfits.

I really liked seeing the conflict between the JSA and the Legends, because well, the JSA aren't wrong.  But that's what makes the Legends so much fun.

I do feel bad for Martin, but I liked the acknowledgment that leading a team like the Legends is not as easy as it looks.  Rip's had his ups and downs as a leader, not in the least of which being actually keeping any semblance of control over these people, but he was never indecisive and generally managed fairly well once the fighting started.  

The more I think about it, the more I think that a team co-led by Rip and Sara would be the best possible outcome.  He's more inclined to long term strategy, organization, and has the technical expertise/knowledge.  She's the better tactician, seems to have better control over the group, and far better interpersonal skills.  It would make for a good balance.  Assuming one or the other doesn't decide to abdicate rather than continue with the migraine of leading this crew.  :-)

• Love 7

good to see the JSA.. isnt Jay Garrick a member? i assume theyll be bringing him on board once the crossover happens

as for Vixen her and Sara will get along well..until the obligatory bar scene lol

That was good.  I was pretty meh about last week's episode, but I thought this one was a lot better (except for the terrible CGI on Nazi!Hulk).  I'm still missing Cold and Rip quite a bit though.  Rip more than I thought I would.  

• Love 2

So, that episode was more fun than I thought it would be.  I was a little worried that they were gonna go overboard with the whole "the JSA is so awesome" thing, so I kind of liked that it ended up being more "the JSA is so awesome, but they're also kind of jerks about it."  

Sara getting to be the new captain is maybe my favorite development from this episode.  It seemed like a bit of an inevitability, even before Rip left, but that didn't make it any less exciting to see it happen.  I also really liked that it was Stein who picked her, in probably his most decisive moment of the episode.  Of course, Stein's turn as leader lead to Victor Garber singing "Edelweiss" so it wasn't all bad.

On a related side note, is the opening monologue gonna be a rotating thing, or is it just gonna be Sara from now on?  While I'd understand the former, I'm really pulling for the latter.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KirkB said:

When Ray was fighting the uber-Nazi, did he forget he can grow bigger as well as smaller? Or was turning giant to fight Savage's robot a one shot thing?

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't he have to pull power from the ship in order to grow larger?

4 hours ago, squidprincess said:

I think we're probably leaping to conclusions about Ray and romantic relationships.  Last episode, Ray had significant interaction with Sara, this time with Vixen.  And neither case really seems to have involved anything romantic.  

Besides, even if Vixen had been attracted to Ray, I'd expect Rex's death will be something of a turn off.

Maybe, but I do think having Ray be her first connection with the Legends team was significant.  I mean, I'd rather they not go there.  I think it'd be a little odd for them to put Ray with Kendra, and then with the person who replaced her.  But I did think there was maybe something there.  I didn't see anything with Ray and Sara last week, though, so....*shrug* Mileage varies.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

In exchange for the Hawks and Savage, we get Nate, Vixen, and Eobard Thawne. That's not a bad trade at all. I like all three of the characters. Nate, in particular. They gave him a centric storyline, as all the other characters got to have their origin stories that span over several episodes, and his did not disappoint. I'm only mildly surprised they got rid of his hemophilia this quickly, but I totally understand why. How is he going to be able to fight in battle if there's more worry about him dying? 

I went into the episode having just found out about a death, and I automatically assumed it was Rex. I wonder how he got a presumed hologram to deliver the message to the team, unless Eobard killing him prevented that. I honestly thought that they said that Rex would be in a recurring status. I guess they changed their minds, or Patrick J Adams wasn't able to do more than a couple of episodes. Maybe we'll see him again? Maybe? 

Agreed that they traded up.  I am so relieved that we don't have to deal with the Hawks/Savage storyline any longer.  

I don't think Rex was a hologram.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understood it, Rex was actually there in the future, until Thawne killed him in the past, and that's why he disappeared.

3 hours ago, tarotx said:

They are handling the large cast well this season. Even with the GSA added. I think it might be that the Hawks were just that bad and with Savage being linked to them and Rip it clogged the episodes. 

I would say the Hawks and Savage were just that bad, but yes, agreed.

5 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Ray punching the Nazi was great, and so was the fact he couldn't do the Nazi salute.  

That was hilarious.  I can only imagine what Snart would have had to say to that.

i was thinking about the casting call for Vixen (that a lot of us thought was going to be Lady Blackhawk).   It talked about her secretly being in love with a member of her team.  I wonder if that was Rex? 

• Love 2

Liked this more then the premiere, I think.  The JSA was a fun addition and I enjoyed the characters, even though I really only Vixen, Steel, and Rex.  Well, I know Stargirl from the animation stuff, but she hasn't done much yet, except beating fool with her staff and rocking the short-shorts. Nate being Steel's grandson is interesting though, and I'm curious to find out more about him.

I knew Martin's time as the leader was going to not work out, because while he brilliant and has good qualities, he is someone who will overanalyze everything, and not be able to make tough calls in the heat of battle.  But I'm glad he realized what pretty much everyone else already knew, that it should be Sara running the show.  She really seems to be the one that everyone on the crew respects on a level enough to follow her. While Martin's time did make me appreciate Rip a little bit more, in that he stopped things from completely going off the wall, I am looking forward to Captain Sara Lance now!

Noticed the actress playing Vixen is a regular, so I guess she'll be here in the long run.  She's already more interesting then Hawkgirl and doing a better job then Ciara Renee (but I have no idea how much she was at fault.)  Although I wasn't a fan of how it felt like they were testing the waters between her and Ray.  When are they going to realize that romance brings the worst out of Ray?  Brandon Routh excels when he is playing off a platonic partnership; Sara, Martin, Ray, or dearly departed Snart; but anytime Ray tries to do romance, he suddenly becomes annoying and creepy. I would rather Vixen start a romance with Mick, then Ray.

Had a feeling Rex wouldn't be here for too long, since I didn't think Patrick J. Abrams had the time, so I wasn't surprised Eobard dispatched him. Yep, two episodes in, and he's already way more fun then Vandal Savage.

Never would have guessed they would find a way to get Victor Garber to sing.  In front of Nazis none the less!  

The CGI for the Super Evil Nazi was pretty bad, but I guess there had to be some budget cuts this go around.

• Love 3

I am so glad we removed this from our DVR after 20 minutes of the S2 premiere. Way too many plot holes and then that ridiculous scene with Einstein grabbing those ladies' asses and use that lame-ass pick-up line used by far too many geeks/nerds/dorks in the real world when trying to pick up chicks.

I love this show. Another's great episode. 

I love Sara now being the leader.

Really happen with the addition of Vixen. I loved this actress on Originals.

Really liked the JSA.

The Nate scenes with his grandfather were good.

Eobad Thawne is such a better big bad than Savage.

• Love 1

Sara's pretty much is the Black Canary in everything but name. Giving her a leadership position is just icing on the cake. 

This tv I expect subpar CGI, they don't have the budget movies do. I just don't understand why they choose more CGI characters if they don't have the budget. They could've chosen more characters like Sara and Mick. Lady Blackhawk, Huntress, Zatana, The Question, or any others like them. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TDT said:

good to see the JSA.. isnt Jay Garrick a member? i assume theyll be bringing him on board once the crossover happens

This is, so far as I can tell, an Earth-1 version of the JSA.  Jay Garrick is on Earth-TV-3 I believe (it's like Earth-2 and Earth-3 on TV are somewhat reversed from what they are in comics).  It would be cool to see him fight alongside the JSA for the crossover, though!  (I'm just hoping we get more of the JSA down the road!)

4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The CGI for the Super Evil Nazi was pretty bad, but I guess there had to be some budget cuts this go around.

Yeah, that was pretty glaring; I think the one-offs are pretty expensive (since most of the cost is in creating the avatar in the first place; Giant Ray was just another use of the Atom Ray avatar).  Plus he was in broad daylight which makes the rough edges even more obvious.

2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They could've chosen more characters like Sara and Mick. Lady Blackhawk, Huntress, Zatana, The Question, or any others like them. 

I have a nagging feeling that the Question would go full Rorschach and kill them all just out of frustration.  Unless it was the Denny O'Neil Zen version.  But I would LOVE to see him (or her) on another show!

• Love 2

Yes, a man and woman can have scene interactions without it meaning they will get romantic/sexual

But I admit I like the chemistry but its not a wise choice to go there. Once Ray find out who she really is, he is gonna want to stay clear. 

I love Dinah Lance, but I'd rather not see Sara revert to being yet another variation on Dinah's theme.  One of the best things about Legends is the way it gives the writers more of an opportunity to explore the parts of Sara that make her a unique and special character in her own right.   I'm going to really enjoy seeing Sara as the leader (or co-leader, I'd imagine, when Rip comes back) of this crazy team of misfits.

Exactly, she is her own character and she is enough. She doesnt need to be pigeon-hoed into another character "because comics". Plenty of characters have paralleling characteristics/stories with other similar characters, doesnt mean they are the same. 

Edited by DCLeague
  • Love 3

Good episode, nice use of the JSA members though I wish we had seen a little more of Stargirl, Obsidian and MidNite though.

Really hoping the show isn't planning future Sara/Nate and Ray/Amaya hook ups even though I liked their scenes together. Nate's scenes with his grandfather, Commander Steel were particularly good as well.

Was surprised to see Reverse Flash actually kill Hourman but it was a good final moment for the episode though.

Sara becoming the captain made sense and I liked that Stein stepped aside and let her run the Waverider. I also liked Stein's version of Edelweiss as well.

The super soldier looked terrible, some of the worst CGI the show has done but the meetings of both teams and that ending gave the episode a boost though.

Nice mentions of Snart and Rip too, 7/10

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't he have to pull power from the ship in order to grow larger?

You're probably right. I haven't re-watched anything but the pilot in a while.

I'm still trying to work out what Reverse Flash's motivation is. He must know if he alters the past it could negatively affect his future. Dark nuking New York in the 40's is bound to have some ripple effects. Then again, considering he is from the future he may already know Dark and the Nazis are going to fail and are using their efforts to disguise the fact he is involved. 

I was also wondering about something Vixen said to Ray. She seemed to be under the impression if you didn't have the powers yourself you weren't really a superhero. She was dismissive of Ray because his 'power' was in his suit. But that's pretty hypocritical of her, considering all her power is in her necklace (yes, unlike Ray she has a black belt and can fight without it but still), and as for her own team it didn't seem like Steel at least had any superpowers either.

The CGI on the super Nazi may not have been that good, but at least I could see him as a legitimate threat for the team, unlike Savage in the entirety of last season.

• Love 3

I was also wondering about something Vixen said to Ray. She seemed to be under the impression if you didn't have the powers yourself you weren't really a superhero. She was dismissive of Ray because his 'power' was in his suit. But that's pretty hypocritical of her, considering all her power is in her necklace (yes, unlike Ray she has a black belt and can fight without it but still), and as for her own team it didn't seem like Steel at least had any superpowers either.

Maybe she will get to learn that heroes come in different forms and become open minded about a lot of things. Being a product of her time and part of JSA may not have allowed much for that. Ray has saved people with just his tech/scientific know how and just sheer good-heartedness, he is a hero even without his suit.

Edited by DCLeague
  • Love 5

Two little LOL moments for me; when Mick said hey he's not the only bad one. Sara's an assassin- she just hasn't been convicted and Sara nodded. Also when the Nazi was saying the singer was supposed to be 6 foot and Sara bent down a little to make Stein look taller :p

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 13

I enjoyed this, bad cgi not withstanding. 

I love Sara being the boss, even before she becomes the boss. And I liked Martin realizing that he didn't have the mentality to be the leader. 

I enjoy this Vixen more than the Arrow version.  But she was kind of a bitch to Ray.   Because he's just a guy with no powers.   We'll see how those powers help you when Sara snaps your neck, doll.

Poor Rex. 

Two respected, black superheroes in the 1940s!  Arrowverse 1940s is a pretty progressive place to be, except for Jax. 

Still miss Cold and Rip.   But at least I got my Captain Canary. 

• Love 5

That was pretty fun. At a certain point I was almost able to tune out the cheesy costumes of the JSA members. Almost.

I think Sara being the leader really is the only choice to make here though narratively it made sense to just have another team-member fail at it first but even I was surprised how much they made Stein suck at it. Last Season I gave Rip a hard time about being a terrible leader but while his decisions and calls may have been horrible at times, at least he never stood around in a crisis, all "babble babble, help me, babble babble, what is going on". That was the worst. He does have a nice singing voice, though.

Not sold on Vixen yet. I like the actress from the Originals but not sure about the character here. And please no hook-up with Ray. Like, please. 

I enjoyed the little Heywood-Heywood sideplot and Sara`s interaction with Nate. 

Thought the Legends got taken down a little too easily in that first confrontation. I get that the JSA has some heavy hitters but so do the Legends. Why was Ray only standing around? And is it really that easy to defeat Firestorm? We`re talking tech way beyond their time here. I get that the point was how effective and like a well-oiled machine the JSA were compared to the bickering Legends but that fight should have been a bit less one-sided.

Time-approriate sexism even from the good guys aside, Rex` wry comment about questioning them IF they could get a word in edge-wise while you see schoolyard-like-shoving going on in that jail cell on a blurry little TV screen? Comedy gold.

Of course so far the powers of the Reverse Flash are beyond all of them right now. I`m not sure they can defeat him without another speedster. They could have needed Snart for this because as they explained over on the Flash cold is really the thing most harmful to a speedster. And Snart had first-hand experience with that. They haven`t met yet but both episodes have now gone a bit like "the Legends save the day and then Reverse Flash comes in and runs circles around them without them even knowing it."   

The supersoldier-serum during WW II made me think so much of the Marvelverse, I cringed a bit. And the Hulk-like appearance on top of it. Oy.

• Love 2

Really enjoyed this.  Loved the introduction of the JSA.  The guy with the darkforce powers was awesome.

Love that Sara is captain.  Now that the god awful Kendra is gone from the team, the one that annoys me the most is Martin.  I think Victor Garber is terrible in this role.  I hate the character and wish there was a way to get rid of him.

I also wish Rex Tyler could have survived and joined the team.

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wonder how Vixen will react to Sara being the team captain, she has no superpowers either. She's just a highly skilled fighter.

Rip didn't either. He was just a Time Lo...Master. None of the heroes on Team Arrow do either. I hope the Legends have more opportunities to interact with unpowered heroes and villains so that Amaya learns that powers or not a person who intends to do something  (good or bad) is someone to be mindful of.

• Love 3

.. I think the reverse flash may come to a very rude end, possibly more than once. It's nearly impossible to defeat a speedster in a fair fight. But killing one? That's far more doable. And the legends crew is rather a lot more likely to go there than Barry. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I need to complain about some production stuff.  The CGI, godawful.  The editing, confusing.  Twice I didn't understand how a fight came to an end (even after rewinding) and until Ray pulled that super serum back out, I would have sworn he already had injected himself with it.  Plus what the hell was with the synth music during the first confrontation with the JSA?  And Star Girl's staff looked exactly like the gold painted plastic I'm sure it was. 

But other than that, a fun romp. 

Did anyone catch Vixen's name?  I heard it said several times and I still can't remember it. 

THANK YOU. Thank you so, so much. The CGI was horrifying, terrible, holy crap. I couldn't look at Nazi super-serum guy because it was too fucking embarrassing. And one of the production issues was the same kind of echoing I noticed on the latest Arrow episode - it was worse on Arrow, but on LoT there was some pretty bad echo on some of the dialogue.

Still, that CGI thing, what the fuck was that. Who signed off on that. Who?

Otherwise, the episode was ok, I guess. I hope the new guy doesn't get the same kind of transformation - look, on Arrow, the super soldiers just bled from the eyes a bit, they didn't turn into roided out cartoons of themselves.

• Love 2

I hope the Legends have more opportunities to interact with unpowered heroes and villains so that Amaya learns that powers or not a person who intends to do something  (good or bad) is someone to be mindful of.

That didn't make much sense because it sure didn't look like Rex (RIP), Steel, or Stargirl had any powers.  She can peg Ray as a dork in a suit who doesn't quite have a handle on things but that doesn't mean he's worthless.

I wonder if Rex's death will create a noticeable time ripple.  If not then so much for being important to history - I guess the other JSA members did the heavy lifting.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KirkB said:

Yeah, that felt a little odd to me, too.  Like, if she knew him better, that would be one thing, but her saying he's not a real hero exclusively because he has a super suit instead of super powers felt a bit off. 

4 hours ago, tarotx said:

Two little LOL moments for me; when Mick said hey he's not the only bad one. Sara's an assassin- she just hasn't been convicted and Sara nodded. Also when the Nazi was saying the singer was supposed to be 6 foot and Sara bent down a little to make Stein look taller :p

When Sara slouched down to make Stein look taller, I laughed so hard that I had to pause the episode for a bit. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Fortunately, the first impression the Legends make isn't their last.

So Nate's dogtag vanishes thanks to the temporal change, but his historical journal stays intact? I can deal with everyone's memories taking a while to change given that time is like wet cement or a coffee cup or whatever other tortured metaphor they may come up with, but objects should behave the same, no? Although that is the second time I've complained about the journal, so maybe they'll address it. If not, my outrage will...eh, who cares, tbqh.

Technically the historical journal was affected at the same "time", it was altered to reflect the new timeline, I thought. Now how a historian would record in a journal that his grandfather died before his father was conceived without freaking out about it is some trick.

Is there a reason they can't just let Gideon alert them to this stuff? Did that ability go away when the Time Master Fortress of Timetude was destroyed?

Also, Sara's beret didn't make clothes make the [person]...and the time period? Or is that just an ageless style that says "France"?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, darkestboy said:

The super soldier looked terrible, some of the worst CGI the show has done but the meetings of both teams and that ending gave the episode a boost though.

Nice mentions of Snart and Rip too, 7/10

What was the Snart mention?

I liked the storyline between Nate and his Grandfather. I think its fun knowing that his Grandfather knew that someday his Grandson would get his dogtags. 

What was Rex's powers? I was so confused by Reverse Flash's comment of them meeting and fighting several times, did I miss when Rex used his power in the past two episodes?

I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by Reverse Flash messing with the timeline, but I kinda wonder if Cisco is going to create something for the Legends to monitor changes in the timeline, so they're not caught off guard. Its not like Nate has everything in time written in his journal they can check.

• Love 2