Type keyword(s) to search

Paul Hollywood: Blue Eyed Baker

• Start Topic

I know there's a lot about Paul Hollywood that drives everyone crazy.  Here are my gripes:

1. Mispronouncing words.  Specifically aerate.  He says aer-ee-ate.  It drives me nuts every single time (which is a lot) I watch the series through.  I feel like when people habitually mispronounce a word, it shows their ignorance.

2. Using the same word over and over and over and ov. . . . .  like consertinaed.  Merrium Webster does not exactly have a definition to fit his use of the word but I know what he is trying to say.  He needs to think of some other ways to convey the idea.  Like compressed, compacted, close, dense, heavy, thick, and solid.  I know they both use some of these words when they're talking about the texture.

3. I hate how he seems to exaggerate cutting the bakes.  I realize that sometimes they really can be tough but not as much as he makes it look.

Even though Paul can be really annoying, there are contestants that I find even more annoying.  When I'm going through all the seasons, I will skip a season if there's someone I don't like.

• Love 5

con·cer·ti·na

/ˌkänsərˈtēnə/

past tense: concertinaed; past participle: concertinaed

extend, compress, or collapse in folds like those of a concertina.

"big rolls of concertinaed wire"

The only reason I know how to spell this word properly is because I was obsessed with the Costa Concordia for some reason, and this was a word which was used to describe the damage a lot.

Different people from different regions pronounce words...well...differently.  I am always amazed at how different bakers on GBBO have such different accents.  I think it is lovely.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 8