Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion: They May Not Be Able to Travel to the Future Yet, but We Can

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I've rewatched season 1 and did I miss when it was determined Lucy and Emma were sisters. Can someone tell me when that revelation was revealed?

They're not sisters. Lucy had a younger sister Amy that was erased from the timeline after the pilot episode events. Emma was just mocking Lucy with her being the Rittenhouse royalty, and Lucy called her "wicked step-sister".

Emma: Some of us aren't royalty, princess. Some of us had to work our way up while you were busy running from having everything handed to you.

Lucy: Work your way up to what? Wicked stepsister?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

They're not sisters. Lucy had a younger sister Amy that was erased from the timeline after the pilot episode events. Emma was just mocking Lucy with her being the Rittenhouse royalty, and Lucy called her "wicked step-sister".

OOHHH ok .. thank you! I'm so slow; I really thought I missed something HA

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 9-1-1, Arrow, Riverdale, Stranger Things, Fear TWD, Empire, Once, Scandal and More
By Michael Ausiello / April 2 2018, 12:20 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/02/lauren-graham-peter-krause-911-season-2-spoilers-cast/

Question: I know it is very early but how is it looking for a Timeless renewal? Please tell me good things! —Jamie
Ausiello
: According to TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard, it “could go either way” and TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard never lies. (OK, we didn’t see that Dynasty pickup coming, but who did?!) Speaking of trustworthy sources, executive producer Eric Kripke says now that Garcia Flynn is living in the silo, expect him to make his presence known — beginning with this Sunday’s trip to the Salem witch trials. “Flynn down in that bunker is a match to a barrel of gunpowder,” the EP teases. “Everyone is in close quarters, everyone has their backs against the wall, everyone’s stressed, everyone is dealing with some pretty intense emotional issues…. And then here comes Flynn, who is only there to stir up s–t.”

If he's going to be around, I prefer that (which at least feels true to his character) to turning him into a trusted, redeemed member of the team with only pure motives.

That being said, I don't see how it could be permanent. If the show continues, they're going to either have to lose him from the show somehow, or have him "escape" or whatever and not be just another member of the team.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought they might be divorce papers when the promo pics came out. Plus when she didn't look thrilled to see him last episode it strengthened that. Of course with this show who knows what actually will happen. 

Edited by Stuffy
6 hours ago, Stuffy said:

I thought they might be divorce papers when the promo pics came out. Plus when she didn't look thrilled to see him last episode it strengthened that. Of course with this show who knows what actually will happen. 

The next thing that will probably happen in the episode is Jessica giving him the child custody papers.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

The next thing that will probably happen in the episode is Jessica giving him the child custody papers.

What child custody papers?  Wyatt and Jessica never had any children -- at least, not as far as Wyatt knows.

19 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

What child custody papers?  Wyatt and Jessica never had any children -- at least, not as far as Wyatt knows.

They never had any children, and Jessica was also dead during season 1. Now she's very much not dead, for reasons unknown.

But I'm just speculating about the depths of all the soap opera tropes Timless the show is going for right now, and a random Jessica/Wyatt child appearing out of nowhere is the legit thing that could happen. Which would NOT surprised me because unfortunately we all know how mainstream tv works.

wGJA5.gif

• Love 1
On 4/5/2018 at 9:41 PM, CooperTV said:

They never had any children, and Jessica was also dead during season 1. Now she's very much not dead, for reasons unknown.

But I'm just speculating about the depths of all the soap opera tropes Timless the show is going for right now, and a random Jessica/Wyatt child appearing out of nowhere is the legit thing that could happen. Which would NOT surprised me because unfortunately we all know how mainstream tv works.

wGJA5.gif

I'm also allowing for that possibility.  That's why I said that Wyatt and Jessica never had any children "at least as far as Wyatt knows."  He could very well be a father in this timeline, just as Lucy was engaged to a man she'd never laid eyes on before.

Description for episode 6 finally showed up on my channel guide:

The King of the Delta Blues

Connor Mason joins the team as it travels back to the Depression-era South to rescue the legendary Robert Johnson; Christopher keeps Wyatt in the present to execute a dangerous raid on Rittenhouse headquarters.

So that will be three episodes in a row without Lucy/Rufus/Wyatt together on a time mission (also Lucy/Wyatt--they'll both have been with Rufus). Not sure I like that. That being said I could see Mason being sort of amusing. Do we know if he's ever traveled back in time himself? Or would this be his first time?

‘TIMELESS’ 2×06 ADVANCE REVIEW: “THE KING OF THE DELTA BLUES”
Posted on April 19, 2018 By Lissete Lanuza Sáenz
http://fangirlish.com/timeless-2x06-advance-review-the-king-of-the-delta-blues/

So, what can I tease? Not as much as you’d probably want, but some things. So let’s get into it!

• Agent Christopher is ruthless.
  • Wyatt Logan is a bad-ass. Just in case you’d forgotten.
  • The music in this episode is OUT OF THIS WORLD good.
  • I didn’t think I could feel for Connor Mason in any way. Color me shocked, because I did.
  • There are Riya feels in this episode. I repeat, THERE ARE RIYA FEELS IN THIS EPISODE.
  • If you liked Flynn before this episode, you’ll like him more. If you didn’t, you might find yourself not hating him as much.
  • He and Wyatt almost have, dare I say it, a moment of understanding?
  • Lucy Preston is not a victim, and we shouldn’t feel sorry for her.
  • Not everything is as it seems.
  • Rufus still needs sensitivity training, but he’s getting better.
  • Lose hope for Lyatt? Never. And you shouldn’t either.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Press release and photos for Episode 2x08, "The Day Reagan Was Shot:  https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/04/timeless-episode-206-day-reagan-was.html

"TIMELESS"
"THE DAY REAGAN WAS SHOT"

05/06/2018 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Sunday) : The Time Team travels back to 1981 Washington D.C. on the day President Reagan was shot, only to discover that the Sleeper’s target isn’t the President – but a young rookie police office – none other than Agent Christopher (Sakina Jaffrey), who brought the time team together and kept the Lifeboat from getting into Rittenhouse’s hands. The Time Team must save Agent Christopher’s life and prevent her from making a mistake that set her on a different path that would forever change her own future, the future of the team -- and the future of the world.

And this time, Jiya is the fourth member of the Time Team!

Edited by legaleagle53
(edited)

‘TIMELESS’ 2×09/2×10 ADVANCE REVIEW: I’LL TRADE MY SOUL FOR A SEASON 3
Posted on May 8, 2018 By Lissete Lanuza Sáenz
http://fangirlish.com/timeless-advance-review-soul-for-a-season-3/

What can I say about the two-hour season finale of Timeless? What can I say about what this show is, what it means, what it creates with every episode? I’m not sure. I’m tempted to call it art, but not in the way all forms of creation are, but a new way, one that we’re just now inventing to describe this show.
Did everything turn out the way I wanted it to? Hell no. Did I get every little prediction right? No again, though I’m proud to say I got some things right. Am I satisfied with this as the ending of the show, in case we don’t get a Season 3? Hell to the no. That final shot will haunt me forever if we don’t get any more episodes. I’ll never be able to let go of the possibilities.
But am I happy with this finale? Did it live up to my very high expectations? Yes, in so many more ways than one. I see now, where the path was always leading, and though I would have changed a thing or two (or five), I have no complaints about the setup for Season 3, or about the journeys we took with some of these characters. Getting to know them better, getting to love them, getting to see them become a family? It was worth it.

So, here are some teases for the season (not series, not series) finale of Timeless:

• Is Jessica Rittenhouse? There’s a definite answer.
  • Is Jessica pregnant? There’s a definite answer …or, is there?
  • The Flynn/Lucy connection gets more confusing.
  • Jiya is not the only one having visions.
  • Flynn is …Flynn. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing depends on what you think about Flynn.
  • Jiya gets even more bad-ass. Like 50 times more.
  • Klingon is very, very important.
  • For people who “don’t get along,” Flynn and Wyatt sure can work together when they need to.
  • Someone double-crosses someone.
  • Remember when we didn’t care that much for Mason? Me either.
  • Rufus and Wyatt have a couple of long-overdue conversations.
  • People die.
  • Agent Christopher has a hobby that helps her pass the time while the Time Team is away. It’s adorable.
  • You wanted a high-stakes-confrontation? YOU GET TWO!
  • Someone says “I love you.”
  • The final scene of “Chinatown” will spawn a thousand fanfictions. One of them might even be mine.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, Timeless, Grey's Anatomy, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS May 10, 2018 at 12:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/10/spoiler-room-once-upon-a-time-timeless-greys-anatomy/

Your Timeless tweet scares me! What happens in the finale?! — Jason
A lot. Seriously. A. Lot. But to get more specific, Lucy will come face-to-face with her mom in a surprising showdown, Wyatt will have trouble facing the truth about whether Jessica could actually be with Rittenhouse, and Rufus, well, if you blink during the promo for the two-hour finale, you’ll miss what I consider to be a shocking spoiler — shocking that they included it in the promo, I mean! Also, Jiya is a total boss in the finale, gaining a wealth of new info about her visions from an interesting source.

Edited by tv echo

I watched the promo in the slowest setting on Youtube. It's rather pixallated, but Rufus appears to be suffering from a bloody wound to the upper chest at the 0:08 mark. Which... please don't kill off Rufus, show. 

Also, at the 0:40 mark, Flynn is cradling a woman who appears to be in bad shape. (Emma? Lucy's mom? Someone else entirely? I'm bad with faces, and like I said, it's kind of grainy.)

Question: Any intel on the status of a renewal for Timeless? My whole family is going crazy! —Joanne
Ausiello: I have a bad — bad, I tell ya! — feeling NBC is going to do a Friday-night-before-a-holiday-weekend news dump and Timeless‘ cancellation is going to be embedded in the middle of it. (Prove me wrong, Peacock network!) Should the series cheat death yet again (do the right thing, Peacock network!), series co-creator Shawn Ryan says you can expect a shakeup at Rittenhouse now that Emma has taken out both its leader Nicholas and his granddaughter Carol. “It changes up the dynamics of the group over at Rittenhouse, [which] we’ve always heard has been based on blood and legacy,” he teases. “So my guess is Rittenhouse will change in some way under Emma’s leadership.”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, Empire, Roseanne, Fear TWD, B99, Timeless, Grey's, Good Girls, Killing Eve and More

Timeless Team Returns to Work for Wrap-Up Movie — First Photos
By Michael Ausiello / October 19 2018, 5:10 PM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/19/timeless-movie-finale-photos-nbc-spoilers/

It’s the beginning of the end for NBC’s Timeless. The cast and crew on Friday shared the first images from the table read for the series’ two-hour wrap-up movie, which is slated to air in December.

The two-part finale — which NBC previously promised will give “closure to the globetrotting series” — reunites cast members Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter, Malcolm Barrett, Goran Višnjić, Paterson Joseph, Annie Wersching and Claudia Doumit. And worry not about Agent Christopher. Sakina Jaffrey, who was absent at Friday’s table read, tweeted that she will join the production on Saturday. We can only assume the same goes for Višnjić and Joseph, both of whom were also MIA at said table read.
Timeless scribes Lauren Greer and Arika Lisanne Mittman will pen the two-parter, with John Showalter handling director duties.

Link to "Timeless Wrap-Up Movie Photos" (11 pics):
https://tvline.com/gallery/timeless-wrap-up-movie-photos/#!1/timeless-movie-cast/ 

timeless-movie-cast.jpg?w=394

timeless-movie-wersching-and-cast.jpg?w=

timeless-movie-lifeboat.jpg?w=394

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Timeless Series Finale: Abigail Spencer Teases the Very. Final. Scene.
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 16 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/11/16/timeless-series-finale-final-scene-abigail-spencer-lucy/

Season 2 of the NBC drama ended last May with a doozy of a cliffhanger: Future versions of Lucy and Wyatt arrived in the present-day bunker with a potential plan to save their dead teammate Rufus. NBC’s decision not to renew the series for Season 3 threatened to keep Rufus’ fate forever in flux, but closure was ultimately offered in the form of a double-episode finale event, airing Thursday, Dec. 20 at 8/7c.

What can #Clockblockers expect to see at about 9:58 pm that night? TVLine met up with Timeless frontwoman Abigail Spencer on Thursday evening at the NBC/Vanity Fair Primetime Celebration event, and here’s what she shared.

“The final, final scene? I’m not in it,” Lucy’s portrayer told TVLine with a laugh. “The plot thickens. The final, final scene, I’m not in it. So I’ll tell you that.”

And that’s kinda saying something, since at least two Lucys are in play!

For the two-hour finale, executive producers Eric Kripke, Shawn Ryan and Arika Lisanne Mittman promise fans “an epic, unforgettable thrill ride through the past, present and future, with a healthy dose of Christmas spirit. Spread across three centuries and two continents, the finale will test Lucy, Wyatt and the entire Time Team like never before as they try to #SaveRufus, preserve history and put a stop to Rittenhouse once and for all.”

The first hour of the show’s swan song will be written by Lauren Greer (who penned the episode “The Day Reagan Was Shot”), while showrunner Arika Lisanne Mittman (“Stranded,” “The Red Scare”) will handle the second hour. John Showalter, who has directed four previous Timeless installments, will helm both parts of the finale. ...

Edited by tv echo

The cast and crew have been really good about not letting any spoilers get out while at the same time teasing the fans in such a way that it's driving them crazy with anticipation. State secrets aren't subject to this level of intense security.

The most recent teaser?  Future Wyatt and Future Lucy are going to "drop a bomb." That revelation has both Garcy and Lyatt fans terrified!

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on Grey's, Blacklist, iZombie, Timeless, Legends, NCIS, Chi Med, Life in Pieces and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 29 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/11/29/greys-anatomy-spoilers-record-breaking-episode-longest-running-medical-drama/

Any scoops on the Timeless movie, particularly for our favourite couple, Lucy and Wyatt? –Ariel
“There’s a little triangle going on” with Lucy, Wyatt and Flynn, star Matt Lanter shares. “I think that Wyatt thinks he needs to win Lucy back. I think he believes he messed up big time” when he chose to be with Jessica. But in his defense, “he’s a good guy” who was “following more of what’s the right thing to do as opposed to his heart,” the actor adds. “That’s a point that he stresses through this finale (airing Dec. 20), that he was just trying to do the right thing. And as much as a lot of fans don’t see it that way, our characters do. You actually see Lucy with compassion and understanding of the choices that Wyatt made.”

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Blindspot, Arrowverse Crossover, Gotham, NCISes, Timeless, Manifest, Good Girls and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 7 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/12/07/legends-of-tomorow-spoilers-season-4-big-bad/

Does the Timeless finale pick up right were we left off? —Amanda
The two-hour series final (airing Dec. 20) will start up right where it left off, because “we certainly needed to answer the question of, ‘How are future Wyatt and future Lucy here?'” showrunner Arika Lisanne Mittman says. “And so that question will be answered within the first five minutes.” Another big mystery will also be unraveled: “The journal, which has been largely absent from Season 2, will come back into play, we promise,” Mittman reveals.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Timeless Stars Preview Future Lucy and Wyatt's 'Bristly and Cold' Relationship
By Vlada Gelman / December 7 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/12/07/timeless-series-finale-spoilers-future-lucy-wyatt-flynn/

If it seemed to you that something had changed between Timeless‘ Lucy and Wyatt in the future, you’d be right — but not in a good way.

The two-hour series finale (airing Dec. 20 at 8/7c on NBC) will reveal that the Season 2 cliffhanger’s slightly older versions of Lucy and Wyatt aren’t so warm and friendly. “They don’t like each other,” star Abigail Spencer tells TVLine. “They work together, but it’s very bristly and cold between them.”

The travelers come from “a certain timeline in which things are not good, as you can pretty much tell by their clothing and just everything,” Matt Lanter, who plays Wyatt, notes. “Things look harsh, and I don’t think their relationship is any different. So we kind of wonder, ‘Is that the future or not [for Lucy and Wyatt]?'”

The visitors also serve as “a cautionary tale” for the present-day heroes “that if they don’t do certain things, they’ll end up in places they don’t want to be and end up without Rufus,” Spencer shares, emphasizing that the duo are “five years from the future and still don’t have Rufus [back].”

After sharing some very important information, Future Lucy and Wyatt will quickly be on their way out because, as fans know, the laws of time travel decree that you cannot go back to a period in which you already exist. How exactly the pair were able to break that rule long enough to visit their past selves will be addressed. Then it’s up to our Lucy and Wyatt to save Rufus — and to figure out where they stand with each other.

When the series ender picks up, “emotionally, [Wyatt is] a mess” after having been duped by Rittenhouse and his wife Jessica, Lanter describes, while Lucy is sorting out her own feelings for him. “Lucy has to deal with the fact that Wyatt didn’t choose her, and so how she feels about that, I think, is going to be very telling of [the] next steps for them,” Spencer teases.

Complicating matters of the heart for Lucy is the always unpredictable Flynn, who seemed to be on the verge of confessing his own feelings for the historian during the Season 2 finale. “I actually think she feels a little divided about it right now, because she and Flynn have grown a lot closer,” Spencer says. “I think they’ve always had a connection, and I think it’s because they lost people. They have the same desire to get people back.”

But don’t count out Wyatt, who’s “a good guy” who was just trying to stand by his “resurrected” wife, Lanter argues. “That’s a point that he stresses through this finale, that he was just trying to do the right thing. And as much as a lot of fans don’t see it that way, our characters do. You actually see Lucy with compassion and understanding of the choices that Wyatt made.”

In the end, “there will be closure” to the love triangle, promises showrunner Arika Lisanne Mittman, who penned the very final hour. “I think everybody should watch, regardless of whether you’re a ‘Garcy’ fan or a ‘Lyatt’ fan, because I think there will definitely be something really special to enjoy for everyone.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

regardless of whether you’re a ‘Garcy’ fan or a ‘Lyatt’ fan, because I think there will definitely be something really special to enjoy for everyone.”

If she can pull that off, I nominate her to be the next head of the U.N. (anticipating the Lyatt ending)

• Love 1

I really wish showrunners stopped trying to make everyone happy, especially with triangles.  Sometimes, it just makes no one happy.  Just go with where they intended the story to go and commit to it.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Good Place, Riverdale, Timeless, B99, Resident, Million Little Things, Flash and More
By Michael Ausiello / December 14 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/12/14/million-little-things-spoilers-season-1-episode-14-regina-secret/

Question: I need to know two things about Timeless: First, will #lyatt have a baby? Two, is Jessica really pregnant with Wyatt’s baby? —Miwako
Ausiello
: In response to your second question, star Matt Lanter says, “We address that [in the series finale, airing Dec. 20]. We’ll find out.” As for Wyatt, he’s not suspicious of Jessica and her baby news. “We’ve seen Wyatt be blinded by love throughout the last two seasons, though, and this is nothing new for him,” Lanter says. “Inherently, he’s a good person with a good heart, and I think he has a hard time accepting that people he loves or cares about … wouldn’t be good. So I think it’s easier as an audience member to look at Jessica and go, ‘Yeah, she’s lying.’ But I think Wyatt is just more blind to things.”

Question: How many time periods will we see in the Timeless finale? —Amanda
Ausiello
: “There are two-plus time periods, I will say that, that we have not visited before,” showrunner Arika Lisanne Mittman shares, adding that the historical time trips highlight “ethnic representations that we have not seen before [on the show]. Both of these stories are things that [are about] lesser known historical figures. You get to meet some new people that you’ve probably never heard of.”

Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter On ‘Timeless’ Series Finale
Published on Dec 14, 2018, by ET Canada

Edited by tv echo

‘TIMELESS’ ADVANCE REVIEW: “THE MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS’ PART 1 & 2”
Posted on December 19, 2018 By Lissete Lanuza Sáenz
http://fangirlish.com/timeless-advance-review-the-miracle-of-christmas-part-1-2/

But that’s a story for another day, today I’m here to try to preview: “The Miracle of Christmas Part 1 and 2” and to warn you: You’re gonna need Kleenex. Likely some chocolate. I’d also invest in some good wine. Or bad wine, whatever floats your boat. Just, make it alcoholic.
Here are some teases for the two-hour event:

• I cried more than once during this movie event – and that’s both happy tears and sad tears.
  • And I screamed at the TV more than once.
  • You know how there’s usually one scene that you’re like, okay, that’s the one I love the most and I’m going to replay on a loop till eternity? This has so many of those it’s almost impossible to pick, and every one of our bunker team gets at least one defining moment.
  • By this I mean, each and every one of them has a moment that might make you cry.
  • Easter eggs galore. Look out for Jan and Clockblockers, among those. No spoiling the rest.
  • Two characters I desperately needed to have one good conversation during Season 2 had the conversation I needed and more in this movie.
  • Two characters I wanted to have twenty million more conversations than they ever got to have, get to have a really good one in this movie.
  • None of those are Lucy and Wyatt, who, by the way, get to have not one, not two, but many much-needed conversations.
  • A few fanfic scenarios come to life. Make of that what you will.
  • Mama Denise has a dirty, dirty mind.
  • You know how sometimes a thing that happens is not what you want, but it’s still achingly beautiful pain that you kinda love and hate and it just hurts? Yeah, that happened to me in this movie.
  • Will everyone be satisfied? That’s impossible. Even Hallmark movies don’t give everyone a happy ending. Did they do the best they possibly could considering the setup and the time available? IMHO, yes.
  • Agent Christopher is the best. The End.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Notwisconsin said:

I had no idea this was actually happening until I saw it in today's TV grid

I seem to have lost all track of time, I completely forgot that it was on tonight - well, I guess I didn't realize today was the 20th, and missed the first hour.  It looks like the DVR may be recording it, so I can watch it later.