Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Decent Proposal

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Captain Lee has it out for Kelley, and I don't know why, except maybe there's something about Kelley that gets under Captain's skin.  Why did he get upset with that food being leftover?  Kelley wasn't the only one eating.

I didn't understand that either.  That was the dining area.  Interior.  And Kelley was only 1/4 responsible for the mess anyway.  Maybe he really is terrified of Kate.  Even if he's not, I can see why Kelley might view him as such if she (and the others) is let off the hook like that on occasion.

We've seen Kelley do boneheaded things and Lee has probably seen much more.  I think that's why he has it out for him. He's over it.

When Lee sauntered into the salon, picked up the wine bottle, looked at it, sniffed it and then made a face like he'd just smelled...a stale wine bottle - I laughed.  He can be a little dramatic sometimes.  What did he think an empty wine bottle would look and smell like? He was probably disappointed to only find leftover sushi on the table.  He was hoping for some panties hanging from the chandelier or a drunken stew passed out behind a sofa.  I think Lee likes taking people's heads off.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Those blue roses were hideous. I can't stand obviously dyed flowers. And speaking of dyed, both Emily and Kate need to work on their roots. 

Kate needs to decide which hair dye she wants to use, really shouldn't use more than one; and someone needs to get her some conditioner too.

When Lee sauntered into the salon, picked up the wine bottle, looked at it, sniffed it and then made a face like he'd just smelled...a stale wine bottle - I laughed.  He can be a little dramatic sometimes.  What did he think an empty wine bottle would look and smell like? He was probably disappointed to only find leftover sushi on the table.  He was hoping for some panties hanging from the chandelier or a drunken stew passed out behind a sofa.  I think Lee likes taking people's heads off.

I'm not liking Lee this year.  He needs to get over himself; he's not all that, and Kelley wasn't the only one eating, and I thought interior was the "stew's" area.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

Kelley: "Being proactive backfires on me." No, you weren't being proactive, you were making stupid assumptions. As a guest I'd be pretty ticked off to waste however long of my vacation watching those idiots get ready for me to go snorkeling.

• Love 15

Watching Sierra and Kyle interact is hilariously painful. I know they are technically speaking the same language but between his accent and her ditziness I swear they need a translator. It's like answering someone who is talking on a bluetooth. Two totally different conversations that occasionally happen to overlap. That said, I don't think he could have been any clearer that he likes her and asked her out on a date so I think it's super shitty of her to try and turn it into a group thing. 

Love that Lauren and Nico got their sexual tension out of the way now because they were an adorable little peanut gallery eavesdropping in the bathroom. I remember doing that in college. We used to hide in the closet and listen to the boys next door.

Those blue roses were hideous. I can't stand obviously dyed flowers.

Agreed! I think Kate had trouble finding "friendship" roses so she settled on this. Still very tacky but not as tacky as Kelley shoving his head in Emily's downstairs at the resort last week.

Based on Kelley's behavior during season 2, I think Emily is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. He pursued the shit out of that deckhand even though she had a boyfriend, made her super uncomfortable until she finally broke up with the guy. Then he basically shit all over her when they finally became a thing. And if I recall correctly, he was seeing someone too. They were both miserable before, during and after. As was I. 

He has a track record for being a shit boyfriend and I think now that he's decided he's into Emily, he's going to be a dick to her whether or not she goes out with him. I'm glad she's steering clear, even if it means jumping into Ben's rebound pond.

Edited by rho
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Kelley: "Being proactive backfires on me." No, you weren't being proactive, you were making stupid assumptions. As a guest I'd be pretty ticked off to waste however long of my vacation watching those idiots get ready for me to go snorkeling.

I was screaming at the TV! Capt Lee specifically said that Kelley should check with the guests to see what they want to do, to be proactive. But Kelley only heard the second part and gave everything unnecessary work while the guests stood around and watched. Idiot.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Kate needs to decide which hair dye she wants to use, really shouldn't use more than one; and someone needs to get her some conditioner too.

I cannot stand Kate and hate hur hair.  But last episode she came to the galley for breakfast with some of it piled - greasy and randomly - in a knot, right over her forehead and, overall, looking like a psych patient, I gave her silent props.  As much as I hate to admit it.

She clearly did not have one eff to give, regarding how she appeared.  I've never seen her look worse but she was owning it.  And for some reason I appreciated that.  Maybe it's because I often look like a mental patient at the breakfast table. LOL

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, dleighg said:

As a guest I'd be pretty ticked off to waste however long of my vacation watching those idiots get ready for me to go snorkeling.

After all the wrangling of the tender to get the guests onboard to go snorkel, only to pull away, and then realize you've left a guest onboard and have to do it all over again? LOLOLOL.  Dead.

Back when I was young and brave I drove my own little center console all over the Great Lakes so I know how difficult it is, in certain conditions, to belly up to another boat or dock without crashing into it.  Kelley must've been nervous as hell.  I would have been.  You try to look cool and like you know what you're doing, and you sometimes do, but it's still nerve wracking when the wind is blowing and people are watching.  Cringe.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

There was joke on the 4th season of Arrested Development about how the middle names of Ron Howard's kids is the place where the kid was conceived. Smash cut to a previously unknown daughter of Ron Howard, Rebel Alley Howard.

Ron Howard told Letterman that story eons ago -- that his kids' middle names were all conception places: Dallas, etc.  And Letterman asked if any of them were Airport Hilton.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But I remember Kyle being very upfront with her last episode. He literally told her that he was fond of her and asked to "take her out", no? I think he was pretty clear. So for her to be all, "I don't think it's a DATE" later was just silly. I think she changed her mind when she heard he had a kid. And that's her prerogative.

Maybe part of it is being young.  It seemed like he asked her "out," which to her meant grabbing dinner for a couple of hours of light conversation, maybe some dancing and drinking and bar trivia or whatever they do in the islands. And then she finds out about the kid, AND the "take you out" turns into a private fishing charter for two. Complete with camera crew along, naturally.  And that's a much bigger thing than she felt she agreed to with a guy she's rapidly cooling on.

Now, an older woman would probably say "yeah, I'd really rather get OFF the water for a couple of hours -- let's just go to ____."  But if he'd already booked the charter and she'd realized she needed to friendzone him, doing so beforehand might have seemed like her best option.  

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why did he get upset with that food being leftover?  Kelley wasn't the only one eating.

I'm not sure why it was Kelley's fault, unless he knew that Kelley was one of the ones eating it, and Kelley was the only one he knew was up and available to yell at.  I don't blame the man for getting angry if he comes down for breakfast/coffee and the place reeks of 9 hour old raw fish.  

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, kassa said:

I'm not sure why it was Kelley's fault, unless he knew that Kelley was one of the ones eating it, and Kelley was the only one he knew was up and available to yell at.  I don't blame the man for getting angry if he comes down for breakfast/coffee and the place reeks of 9 hour old raw fish.  

Then why not yell at Kate, since she's interior?  I wonder if fame is going to Lee's head.

• Love 3

I see zero chemistry between Ro and Kate.  Are they jumping the shark?

I was thinking the same thing. There's nothing obvious I can point to, but I keep getting the feeling that Kate isn't completely comfortable in her new role as resident lesbian.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, kassa said:

Ron Howard told Letterman that story eons ago -- that his kids' middle names were all conception places: Dallas, etc.  And Letterman asked if any of them were Airport Hilton.

Wow, that Ron Howard info is super tacky! Ugh. Might as well be Airport Hilton! 

I don't blame Lee either and Kelley is the highest ranking crew member so it makes sense to talk to Kelley about it. Kelley helped make the mess and as Captain's second in command he should've made sure it was cleaned. Yes, the other should've as well, especially Kate (if she was eating too, I don't remember) but ultimately everything is Kelley's problem when Lee isn't there.

12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Then why not yell at Kate, since she's interior?  I wonder if fame is going to Lee's head.

I think it's a combo of Kelley's position as second in command, which he's not great at, and Lee just not liking Kelley much. I get it because Kelley annoys me too. He's not cut out for boatswain.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Sierra, it's not "noble" for Kyle to provide for "the mother of his child"; he's being a responsible *father* of *his* child. Oy.

But who knows, she may still surprise us with a second head. :p

It's not noble for him to provide for his child, but providing for the mother of his child -- trying to make it so she never has to work again -- that's god damned fucking noble.  I've never even heard anything like it from someone who isn't married to the woman.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

It's not noble for him to provide for his child, but providing for the mother of his child -- trying to make it so she never has to work again -- that's god damned fucking noble.  I've never even heard anything like it from someone who isn't married to the woman.

I feel like that idea will last until he gets a girlfriend/wife. There's just no reason for a woman to never work just because she got pregnant by some dude she's not even with. Even if he had Clooney money I'd think it was weird and think less of the woman. Now if it is such that she doesn't need to work now when the kid is home that is entirely different. But I would side eye the hell out of a guy who was supporting a woman so much she didn't have to work even once their child is in school. I wouldn't want to be involved so I don't blame Sierra. It reads like Kyle wants more from "bin shed baby mama". Speaking of, I wonder how she feels about their hookup story being shared?

EDIT: Everyone's banging in bin sheds on Britain's trashiest show: (click it)

Edited by Rebecca
Necessary video is necessary.
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I think it's a combo of Kelley's position as second in command, which he's not great at, and Lee just not liking Kelley much. I get it because Kelley annoys me too. He's not cut out for botswain.  

Kelley is nowhere near second in command. Both Ben and Kate outrank him. The unseen First Mate is second in command (shame he isn't on camera much because he's the best looking of the bunch imo). I can't stand Kelley either and I would also be annoyed to find sushi that had been sitting out all night, but cleaning up crew dinner doesn't fall solely on him. I'm actually really shocked that neither Ben nor Kate thought to clean up especially since it's raw fish.

1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

Yeah, she's essentially a stay-at-home mom which is a rarity for someone who is not married. I think it's very noble, but that would make me a little suspicious. I doubt the 2yo has her own phone so I assume he's calling his ex every other day to talk to the kid and he wires her money on the reg. They seem to be on eerily good terms for parents that aren't a couple. It probably looks a little suspect to any girl who wants to date him. Hmmm I wonder why they aren't together now?

27 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I feel like that idea will last until he gets a girlfriend/wife. There's just no reason for a woman to never work just because she got pregnant by some dude she's not even with. Even if he had Clooney money I'd think it was weird and think less of the woman. Now if it is such that she doesn't need to work now when the kid is home that is entirely different. But I would side eye the hell out of a guy who was supporting a woman so much she didn't have to work even once their child is in school. I wouldn't want to be involved so I don't blame Sierra. It reads like Kyle wants more from "bin shed baby mama". Speaking of, I wonder how she feels about their hookup story being shared?

That's why I don't think it's weird that Sierra isn't exactly jazzed at the prospect of hooking up with him.  It's not the fact that he has a child, or the fact that he supports a child, it's the fact that he seems to want to support his baby mama for the rest of her life, too.  Sierra may be dumb as drain hair, but she ain't dumb enough to want to sign up for that deal.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I'm probably the lone person of this opinion, but I didn't really take Kyle seriously when he said this. He's not a wealthy businessman or anything. Kyle is pretty quirky and makes a lot of odd remarks. I just took him as saying he was going to always make sure his child was taken care of. 

That being said, I have no issues with Sierra being putt off by it. I just think she should have told him straight up how she felt, instead of trying to distance herself by turning their date into a group date. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kassa said:

And then she finds out about the kid, AND the "take you out" turns into a private fishing charter for two.

And in addition, maybe she's leery of being stuck alone on a boat with him and getting "levered" and then impregnated in a fishing shack.  Which would be slightly less stinky than a trash bin.  Aww. I know I'm being hard on Kyle. But he makes it easy by talking so freely about getting someone naked wasted and his garbage can hook up.

48 minutes ago, rho said:

Yeah, she's essentially a stay-at-home mom which is a rarity for someone who is not married. I think it's very noble, but that would make me a little suspicious.

Being in a live-in relationship with Kyle would be a nightmare.  "Sorry, luv.  You'll have to cover this month's rent and groceries again.  Baby Mama needs a new pair of shoes.  To go clubbing in.  And I'm throwing in some beer money because, she doesn't work.  And the baby will be here for a few days. So don't make any plans because I have to go to work to support my noble deed."

Night.mare.

• Love 6

Interesting theory, that Kyle wants to actually be in a relationship with the trashy (har har) mother of his daughter. 

2 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

As I mentioned later... I think I missed him saying that. Seems a little excessive to me (unless he's just basically saying, I provide support so that she can raise the girl without worrying about work), but it's certainly generous. "Noble" I tend to reserve for things like, he's contributing to a fund to help raise the child of a buddy who died in the war or something. A situation in which he has no personal stake other than caring. YMMV

Edited by ivygirl

We need a Kyle fanfic thread.

For me, Kate's hair is basically its own character at this point. I loved the first seasons with the chunks of black, barfly look. This season's bizarro sheets of rain-slicker yellow sadden me, however I'll still take that look over Adrienne's impenetrable bun of judgement. (Although Adrienne did pull off lesbianism better than Kate.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm probably the lone person of this opinion, but I didn't really take Kyle seriously when he said this. He's not a wealthy businessman or anything. Kyle is pretty quirky and makes a lot of odd remarks. I just took him as saying he was going to always make sure his child was taken care of. 

I was just going to say the same thing.  I'm sure he didn't mean it literally.  I think he's just taking his responsibility to his daughter seriously, as you said.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Sierra, it's not "noble" for Kyle to provide for "the mother of his child"; he's being a responsible *father* of *his* child. Oy.

But who knows, she may still surprise us with a second head. :p

I just watched & though I do hate to stick up for Sierra, I believe she did mean providing for the mother along with his child, i.e., him saying she would never have to work another day in her life. I don't know too many fathers who pay enough to the mother of their child(ren) that she would never have to work again. And for me, personally, that might be a bit of a "red flag".

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Long Spot said:

I'm right there with you.

My favorite from tonight "He could F&%@ up a 2 car funeral..."

I have no idea what this even means but it was hilarious.  Maybe Lee is a "pressure makes diamonds" kinda guy but I can just as easily believe he can't stand Kelley. 

19 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm gonna respectfully disagree.  If some guy told me that the woman he knocked up on their first date in a trash bin would "never have to work again" and that he would "see to that", I'd run away while snickering.

First of all, yeah, no.  Sounds like some Big Talker bullshite to me.  (Dude, it looks like you're having a hard time keeping yourself in shampoo.)  And second of all, it might seem noble to some but it seems a little stupid to me. 

Sierra, with one head or two, can do better than Kyle.

while holding up a deuces peace sign and wishing him good luck with that.

14 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Didn't he say that the mother "would never have to work a day in her life"? That seems a bit more than just being a responsible co-parent. It seems weird like a "red flag" for a few reasons. Maybe I misheard but I think it might've even been subtitled?

he sure did. 

few reasons:

3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Being in a live-in relationship with Kyle would be a nightmare.  "Sorry, luv.  You'll have to cover this month's rent and groceries again.  Baby Mama needs a new pair of shoes.  To go clubbing in.  And I'm throwing in some beer money because, she doesn't work.  And the baby will be here for a few days. So don't make any plans because I have to go to work to support my noble deed."

Night.mare.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That being said, I have no issues with Sierra being putt off by it. I just think she should have told him straight up how she felt, instead of trying to distance herself by turning their date into a group date. 

I heard this the way I thought Sierra did:  Every tuppence of income I have will be cheerfully sent to my daughter's mother.  I'm not expecting any pushback from potential romantic interests because I'm telling you about it before you even get involved with me.  Weren't they on their way to like a Western Union office for him to wire the money while they were having this conversation?  

She's still young enough to maybe view bluntness as being rude.

I want to like Ben more but he's aggravating with how annoyed he sounds at being asked about dinner details.  It's dinnertime.  Is your job description unclear or....?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I heard this the way I thought Sierra did:  Every tuppence of income I have will be cheerfully sent to my daughter's mother.  I'm not expecting any pushback from potential romantic interests because I'm telling you about it before you even get involved with me.  Weren't they on their way to like a Western Union office for him to wire the money while they were having this conversation?  

She's still young enough to maybe view bluntness as being rude.

I don't know if it was the editing, Kyle's accent or a mix of the two, but that's what I got. He asked Kelley to go off the boat to wire some money and invited Sierra along. The kid conversation came up when she asked who the money was for. 

I can see why a girl would put the brakes on when they hear that, but I also think Sierra is a little delusional if she's thinking long term with Kyle. He's a seamen. If the guy isn't settling down in one place to raise his daughter, he's not about to wife up Sierra either. I really wonder how much gets lost in translation between them. At least I can rewind and get some clarity but I bet these two understand only a fraction of their own conversations together.

Edited by rho
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Captain Lee's blog reads like an intern wrote it. Oh, wait.

If he really wrote his own blog, it would read something like "Deck crew fucked up. Again. Idiots." (I don't think that, but it's how he would write.)

He's really got it in for Kelly. Uncomfortable to watch.

With all the recent focus on crew relationships, and them getting lazy (e.g., leaving sushi out all night), this show is less and less about running a charter yacht and more like a floating Vanderpump Rules.

The nervous fiance was sweating bullets as he waited to propose.

Captain Lee writes a blog on his personal website. Yes, interns write some of the blogs for people on Bravp but not all of them.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Captain Lee writes a blog on his personal website. Yes, interns write some of the blogs for people on Bravp but not all of them.

Probably not all of them, no.  But I'd still wager that he doesn't write his own blog on his publicity site either.  That's what management groups do for people when they rep them.  Also - who would book him for a personal appearance?!?!

3 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Probably not all of them, no.  But I'd still wager that he doesn't write his own blog on his publicity site either.  That's what management groups do for people when they rep them.  Also - who would book him for a personal appearance?!?!

He had a blog before this show was even on, it just moved to a new website after the second season.

One thought that crossed my mine is that it is possible that Kyle's baby mama may be the one not wanting to get married or the two realize who they each are, and who they are together but want to be responsible and give the best life to the child under those circumstances.

Kyle being in the military and now a migratory seaman may just be chasing the money to be had  in a profession he knows. If he were a brick layer he'd be doing that and be around and more involved with his young daughter, but he is a seaman.

I applaud Kyle for being upfront early with Sierra. Boyfriend told me early on his job can be hectic and sometimes interrupt our time at home and that he loves football but he doesn't expect me to watch every game with him. I accept that and won't call him on it or chide him for it.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Yeah, I think it actually says a lot about Kyle that he is so willing to send money to his daughter (and even the baby momma) rather than just wiping his hands clean of the one-night stand she apparently resulted from. That said, I also don't fault Sierra for putting the brakes on when she found out that he has a kid - that changes dynamics quite a bit and for some is a legitimate dealbreaker/red flag. Granted it's not like a fling on the boat would go anywhere but wanting to protect your/the other person's feelings is pretty valid as well. 

• Love 1
On 10/19/2016 at 2:15 PM, Rebecca said:

Maury gone British lol

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

There, I said it.

Table for two?  I said something similar last month.  His lawftuh and "Yeah, baby"s remind me of a deranged Austin Powers. 

I don't find him 'icky' per se, although his hair is.  However, if he pursues 21 year old Emily much further than a friendly dinner, then, yeah, ick.

• Love 3
Just now, ryebread said:

Table for two?  I said something similar last month.  His lawftuh and "Yeah, baby"s remind me of a deranged Austin Powers. 

I don't find him 'icky' per se, although his hair is.  However, if he pursues 21 year old Emily much further than a friendly dinner, then, yeah, ick.

What's your icky threshold, then?  He's not attractive, he says gross things (yeah, baby! constantly), and he's a huge whiner when it comes to the one job he has on these charters. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I'm shocked at how many people seem to think staying home and raising a human being isn't working??????

Raising a child is clearly work but said child will be in school around 8 hours a day by age 5, most likely. There's no reason for her to not work at that point outside the home, doing something. He also said "never work a day in her life" and if nothing else the kid will one day be 18. I don't think anyone is degrading a stay at home parent.

30 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Ben and Emily is as icky as it gets.

It is sort of a sleazy have sex with someone who could be your daughter at work day or something.

It is totes icky.

Ben is only like 34. He just looks 45. Unless you mean because Emily looks 12? She's not so I don't find it icky. Even if he were 45 I wouldn't find it icky because of their ages, however.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Ben is only like 34. He just looks 45. Unless you mean because Emily looks 12? She's not so I don't find it icky. Even if he were 45 I wouldn't find it icky because of their ages, however.

He just seems old enough to be her father. She comes off as a thirteen year old. It is just not cool. Sorry.

Plus he seems to bang a different stew every season. If he wants to be a man-whore he should ask for a transfer to Vanderpump Rules for crying out loud. Show a little professionalism dude. Stick it in an apple pie or something if you can't wait till you get off the boat. Jeeez.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Ben claims to be born in 1980 so he will be 36 soon, no idea if its accurate but if he is much older than that than he certainly didn't play sports with William and Harry as a youth.

Wait, does he claim to have done that?  That's just so sad.

2 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

He just seems old enough to be her father. She comes off as a thirteen year old. It is just not cool. Sorry.

Plus he seems to bang a different stew every season. If he wants to be a man-whore he should ask for a transfer to Vanderpump Rules for crying out loud. Show a little professionalism dude. Stick it in an apple pie or something if you can't wait till you get off the boat. Jeeez.

Wait - you're surely not ranking this above VR somehow???

• Love 1