Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Last Children Of Krypton

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Like most of you, I was sad about Cat Grant leaving. I thought she would be the typical one-note mean character, but over the course of Season 1 I liked how they developed her character and her relationship with SG. Apparently, CF is now officially a recurring guest actress but the writers/producers haven't booked her for her next episode yet!

The last scene between Calista and Melissa was well done. It was a low-key goodbye but didn't lack for an emotional punch.

And while I understand the writers wanting to leave the ambiguity of "Does she know or doesn't she?" regarding SG's identity, I wanted them to give me something! Something that says she knows all along but decided to play dumb because she wants to keep her relationship with Kara. I mean, within minutes of meeting Barry Allen, she knew immediately he's the Flash. It's kinda hard to believe she can't see the similarities between Kara and SG, considering she sees her everyday. 

18 hours ago, Trini said:

"All the kryptonite on Earth"? Sure, show. Sure.

The story of Superman's falling out with J'onn implied that all of Earth's supply of kryptonite originates from that one meteor that they found together. So the DEO really should be able to round up all the known stockpiles of kryptonite. 

As for the portion of it Cadmus stole, they have the records of how much kryptonite was in the shipment that was stolen and they can compare it with the chunks recovered from the Metallos. They ought to have a pretty good idea of how much is missing.

2 hours ago, justjoan said:

DC's National City is L.A. We occasionally got glimpses of US Bank Tower (or whatever the DCverse calls it) last season. That's also why we've never had any governmental-type stock footage, seasons, or even rain. Vancouver will change that last one quickly enough.

There have been other indicators. National City is a seaport located in the US, within driving distance of a desert and 500 miles from an unspecified location in the Nevada desert. All of that pretty much confirms that National City is meant to be LA

32 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

A nitpick from the episode: Alex tells Cadmus lady that she killed "Astra of the House of El." But Astra wouldn't have been part of the House of El, unless the Els are the Targaryens of Krypton.

Yeah, that bothered me to. Alura has no relation to the House of El. 

20 hours ago, quarks said:

So, Jerk is the editor and James is the publisher, correct, or did I miss something?

It depends on if the CEO of CatCo is the same as the publisher.

Theoretically James could be the President/CEO, and Cat might continue to be a Chairman of the Board and publisher (leaving her freedom to not be around as much). 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

I didn't even realize Jimmy wasn't in the episode until he showed up at the end with the box. His character is useless.  How does he go from photo journalist to Cat's job? 

James' title last season was 'Art Director' -- still wouldn't be successor to 'CEO', though.

2 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

So far I've been working under the assumption that National City is in Southern California. Metropolis is in the Northeast. Starling City is in the Pacific Northwest and Central city is in the mid-west.

Starling is definitely Pacific Northwest; but Central City has to be closer to it since both share a prison.

Central's in Missouri. Season One of Flash had a couple of Easter eggs for it, the occasional license plate and... I think an address on a letter? Or a piece of paperwork at Star Labs? I'd have to rewatch to be sure. One of the animated shows explicitly made it DC's St. Louis by showing the Arch, but no doubt our Barry would have already had a race with a baddie all over it if it were in his Central, so it must not be. I really can't explain Star(ling)'s situation, though, or the wandering Iron Heights. Identical branches of a chain prison franchise?

I love this version of Superman, and I wish no harm on any of these lovely characters (except Snapper, until he wins me over) but I hope his taking off with the kryptonite comes back to bite them. He totally has a point when it comes to the "what if J'onn's not in charge of the DEO" issue, but since the arc villains last season were evil Kryptonians, and since there's no proof there are no more hiding out there, it seems tragically naive to think us squishable humans are never going to need that stuff. Plus, J'onn's mini-monologue about Mars being a tomb was brutal. David Harewood is so good.

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion:  I'm so glad Cat is leaving National City.  I have profound issues with the character.  She constantly belittles Kara by calling her the wrong name, and every now and then she gives a great pep talk, but that's a little too little and little too late.  Just call me by my proper name, bitch.  And I know the Martian Manhunter morphed into a Supergirl likeness, but to have Cat not figure out Kara and SG are one and the same (esp when the actress who plays SG decides to act the same damn way for both characters!) just makes her look stupid.  So a woman in power who's stupid, bullying and narcissistic?  No, thank you.

I never cared for her either. I don't think she was particularly well written (I guess it was originally supposed to be a Devil Wears Prada kind of a thing?), and Calista Flockhart never seemed very comfortable or natural saying the lines as written. Melissa Benoist was doing so much better with Kara, it was painful to watch them do scenes together.

It's Snapper is here to just be the new Cat for now, I hope they pick up the pace with him.  I get why he would be against a newbie like Kara just getting assigned to him, but he is coming off way too one-dimensional and antagonistic.  Like J. Jonah Jameson without the charm.

Melissa Benoist was the best anytime Kara tried and failed to have a witty comeback against Snapper.  Insults are so not Kara's thing.

I know I'm showing my age, but I am hoping to get a Mary Richards/ Lou Grant feel between them eventually.  I like Ian Gomez, so I'm willing to wait for Snapper (#NotMySnapper) to be Kara's Mr. White. (Hee; Clark:" No, I didn't mean to imply you missed me.")

Add me to the Miss You Cat group. Also the David Harewood/ J'Onn fan club. The scene with Kal in the Fortress of Solitude was very good.

I disliked how entitled Kara was written. After the first rebuff, S1 Kara would have comeback with at least one good argument or have a story about what she just did ( Clark possibly giving her some advice for her first day?) But no, she was a stammery, whiny, entitled person who went crying to Cat. Then the whole "I feel so alone" which I thought was dealt with last season. And? The inviting of Clark to Sister Night.  Either postpone it a night or ask Alex first.

I know I sound all down on the show, but I hope the good writers from S1 got to join the CW crew. I was beginning to wonder if Barry was contagious once you met him.  You knock down a Metallo? Good. Both of you nutty El kids grab an arm and swoosh him into a detention cell at the DEO. He can still be all smack talk and threats, but he's off the street. (Yeah, The Plot Demanded It. That is not a good reason.)

I'll be back to find out who Shirtless is next week, though.

10 hours ago, Dobian said:

I'm not getting Superman's attitude toward Hank about the kryptonite.  What if nukes could kill Superman/Supergirl?  Would he tell the U.S. government to disarm all their nukes because it offended him?  Sheesh.  I get that kryptonite is a danger to him but come on.  And all the kryptonite in the world is in that one crate?  That stuff should be all over the place.  Hell, in Smallville everyone was practically tripping over the stuff, lol. 

The difference is, nukes can kill anyone and everyone. The only and only use for kryptonite is killing Kryptonians. Superman wouldn't be wild about ANYONE having a substance which exists solely for the purpose of killing him and his cousin.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

A nitpick from the episode: Alex tells Cadmus lady that she killed "Astra of the House of El." But Astra wouldn't have been part of the House of El, unless the Els are the Targaryens of Krypton.

Picking up from the snippets of comics and movies, I take it Krypton had a very hierarchical caste system. There was the warrior caste, the science/tech castes, intellectual caste, judicial castes and so forth. It could be that Alura and Astra are indeed from the house of El and are cousins to Jor el and Zor el. Lara could also be their older sister who married Jor El. This all keeps the family blood line pure, and would explain why Astra was seen as a renegade as she may have married out side her caste and blood line. Non always deferred to her instead of lording it over Astra and her being a higher or more respected caste and noble family would make sense.

I get Supermans argument about the Kyrptonite, but Hank made his own argument invalid the moment he used it on Supergirl to take her down, and to train her in the fight ring. He knew damn well who she was but never hesitated to use it on her. He gives new meaning to being two faced.

Edited by rtms77
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rtms77 said:

Picking up from the snippets of comics and movies, I take it Krypton had a very hierarchical caste system. There was the warrior caste, the science/tech castes, intellectual caste, judicial castes and so forth. Since it seems both male El's ended up marrying each sister  I am betting that they are at least 1 cousins with each other. This would keep the blood lines pure. Just a guess but that's what I've gathered. As well if it's not the case Astra still married into the house of El, which to them may mean the same thing.

Nope.  Jor-El (Kal's father) married Lara, who was NOT related to Astra and Alura.   Alura was related to Kal as his aunt by marriage to Zor-El (Kara's father). Astra was Kara's blood aunt because she was Alura's twin sister.  So Kal and Kara ARE first cousins, but only through their respective fathers.  They are NOT related through their respective mothers.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Nope.  Jor-El (Kal's father) married Lara, who was NOT related to Astra and Alura.   Alura was related to Kal as his aunt by marriage to Zor-El (Kara's father). Alura was Kara's blood aunt because she was Alura's twin sister.  So Kal and Kara ARE first cousins, but only through their respective fathers.  They are NOT related through their respective mothers.

So this is from the comics? I see now, trying to get the family history straight here,lol.

3 minutes ago, rtms77 said:

So this is from the comics? I see now, trying to get the family history straight here,lol.

Yes.  Kal's father and Kara's father were brothers.  Lara (Kal's mother) was married to Kal's father and was therefore Kara's aunt by marriage.  Alura (Kara's mother) was married to Kara's father and was therefore Kal's aunt by marriage.  Astra (who didn't exist in the comics) was Alura's twin sister and therefore Kara's aunt by blood.  Her only relation to the House of El was as Zor-El's sister-in-law.  She had no connection whatsoever to Kal's side of the family.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KirkB said:

Superman wouldn't be wild about ANYONE having a substance which exists solely for the purpose of killing him and his cousin.

Which was pretty much why he lost his temper and yelled at Hank, he was so scared for Kara after the attack.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

.A nitpick from the episode: Alex tells Cadmus lady that she killed "Astra of the House of El." But Astra wouldn't have been part of the House of El, unless the Els are the Targaryens of Krypton.

Welp, that works then, because I just keep thinking that Kara and Clark have inappropriate chemistry. 

I'm not too upset with Calista leaving. We knew it was coming when the show moved to Vancouver. And honestly I don't think her character had much more room to grow. I hope she pops in once in awhile, though.

It kills me to see the Arrow sets. I expected Oliver to show up and brood, or something.

i did not like Alex when she was reeling off "this is what I did for you" to Kara, so I was glad when Winn set her straight. Nobody forced you to do those things, Alex, you just did them out of love. Don't play the martyr and ruin your selfless acts.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

i did not like Alex when she was reeling off "this is what I did for you" to Kara, so I was glad when Winn set her straight. Nobody forced you to do those things, Alex, you just did them out of love. Don't play the martyr and ruin your selfless acts.

Yeah, it was pretty bad.

Kara basically tells Alex that she thinks she's been a burden on Alex and kept her from living the life she wanted, and Alex responds by listing all of the things she's had to give up for Kara.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, KirkB said:

The difference is, nukes can kill anyone and everyone. The only and only use for kryptonite is killing Kryptonians. Superman wouldn't be wild about ANYONE having a substance which exists solely for the purpose of killing him and his cousin.

Superman would be cool with J'onn having it, but the DEO having it is something he's not cool with.  He said in the premiere that he knows J'onn wouldn't do anything with it to hurt Clark or Kara, but he doesn't trust the DEO.  The situation only got worse with it being revealed that kryptonite was stolen, and nobody told Clark or Kara.

• Love 5

Metallo Men? Are you fucking kidding me?

I hate this show's incarnation of Snapper Carr. I know in the comics, he turned bad or whatever, but he was a good reporter from S:TAS, JL, JLU. And no way does he remind me of Lou Grant. Or Perry White. He's got ASSHOLE written all over him. The fact that he was right about Kara not having any experience is beside the point.

Have they changed how J'onn's race was massacred? It's now...'vengeful Gods' instead of the White Martians? I could have sworn last season that White Martian said their race was responsible.

I'm Team Supes! And I didn't like how much of a jerk J'onn was being toward Supes. Friction, okay. Argument/disagreement, okay. I didn't care for the fact that J'onn was acting like Supes is someone who should be under suspicion.

One of the greatest storylines that JLU did was the CADMUS arc, and of course had the AMAZING BADASS CCH Pounder playing Amanda Waller. But CADMUS wasn't some evil despot secret government agency. They were comprised of people who really cared about Earth and after Supes' being mind controlled by Darkseid, I could see why CADMUS was formed. But, this is Berlantiverse, and since all four shows are in the same universe, so to speak, instead of AWESOME WALLER, we have that pipsqueak sized person from Spartacus, and there is no gray lines. What little I saw of her, straight up black/no gray to her character.

And Brenda Strong's whoever she is, IS so one note, moustache twirling villain. So BORING.

Next Week: It's WONDER WOMAN/DIANA!!!!. Err, I mean

Madame President, who I'm hoping is Diana/Wonder Woman in disguise!

What? What? I need something to dream about in Berlantiverse! They've already fucked over Barry. And I'm barely hanging on. Don't watch the other two shows, so can't speak to those.

48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Have they changed how J'onn's race was massacred? It's now...'vengeful Gods' instead of the White Martians? I could have sworn last season that White Martian said their race was responsible.

They did. J'onn was being poetic. Not wrong, though. Both Martians and Kryptonians have the power of gods compared to the humans they live among, and they all seem to be pretty aware of that (as are their evil counterparts, unfortunately).

Central's in Missouri. Season One of Flash had a couple of Easter eggs for it, the occasional license plate and... I think an address on a letter? Or a piece of paperwork at Star Labs? I'd have to rewatch to be sure. One of the animated shows explicitly made it DC's St. Louis by showing the Arch, but no doubt our Barry would have already had a race with a baddie all over it if it were in his Central, so it must not be. I really can't explain Star(ling)'s situation, though, or the wandering Iron Heights. Identical branches of a chain prison franchise?

They've also many times shown Central City on the map as in California near the coast with Star City around Seattle. 

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:43 PM, VCRTracking said:

And though Kara running to Cat may seem immature,  at least she didn't steal a yacht.

And now I love you.  Bad Rory.  Bad Rory. 

19 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Yeah, it was pretty bad.

Kara basically tells Alex that she thinks she's been a burden on Alex and kept her from living the life she wanted, and Alex responds by listing all of the things she's had to give up for Kara.

Which is why I liked that Winn mentioned how often Foster Kids get told they should be grateful, but I also understood where Alex was coming from since now after all she's giving up she and Kara have this great relationship and now Kara was just planning on leaving her behind for Clark.  I liked that I could sympathize on both ends so I thought that was well done. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

They've also many times shown Central City on the map as in California near the coast with Star City around Seattle.

On Flash or on Arrow? Do you know which ep if on Flash? Because I don't remember that, but I don't watch Arrow. It would be a big change from every other version of Central (it's never been in CA before), and also contradicts their own work, though continuity can get shaky on these things (there are more important things).

15 minutes ago, justjoan said:

On Flash or on Arrow? Do you know which ep if on Flash? Because I don't remember that, but I don't watch Arrow. It would be a big change from every other version of Central (it's never been in CA before), and also contradicts their own work, though continuity can get shaky on these things (there are more important things).

I'd be inclined to believe California given the ocean Central City is next to. Even back in early season one Barry had to run exploding objects/people out into the ocean so they wouldn't damage the city and there was also that whole tidal wave that made him jump back in time trying to stop and such a thing could NOT occur on a river in Missouri.

Given that Barry generally pops out of dimensional breaches in more or less the same spot that he leaves the universe from and he popped out near National City, I'd be inclined to believe that Central City is within a reasonable distance of National City, we just don't hear about National City in the Arrowverse because there's no superheroes there and as Barry pointed out last season, there IS a Central City in the Superverse, but there's no STAR Labs or Cisco or Caitlyn in that universe.

If I were to guess, I'd say Starling/Star City is basically Seattle, Central City is basically San Franciso and National City is basically Los Angeles.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

I'd be inclined to believe California given the ocean Central City is next to.

Unfortunately, like every other piece of evidence, that can either be useful or a red herring. Props could be accurate or the prop dept playing around, continuity in dialogue cues is a mess, and locations, ultimately, are bound by the Vancouver Factor. That's been an issue since the rolling hills and rainy forests of Smallville's Kansas, and has popped up in nearly every CW show since. Everywhere looks like British Columbia in the end. Hopefully, for Supergirl's sake, they'll have a sunny winter.

Folks, I think the "Where is Central City?" discussion has probably gone on long enough considering this is a Supergirl episode thread, and Barry wasn't in the episode.   I would suggest taking it to the Supergirl Speculation thread (non-spoiler).  Thanks!

(Discussion of where National City is supposed to be is fine, particularly since the show is still digesting the location change.)

• Love 2
On 10/18/2016 at 0:43 AM, VCRTracking said:

And though Kara running to Cat may seem immature,  at least she didn't steal a yacht.

You win! That pretty much made my day. Classic Rory. 

Not as good as last week, but this was pretty good. I still really like the guy playing Superman, and he gells with the show really well. And I like his dynamic with Kara and her friends and family. 

I understood Kara and Alex in this. Kara is excited to be connected with someone who can understand her powers, and didn't really think about her sister, and Alex was understandably upset, but listing off all the things she has given up for Kara, like Kara is some kind of burden, was not ok. It did lead to a nice Winn moment. As someone else said, he has basically become Cisco from The Flash so far this season, but at least its something for him to do. I have no clue what they're going to do with poor James.  

This show wont be the same without Cat. Callista and Melissa work so well together, and they're last scene got me surprisingly emotional. I will really miss her. I hope the show can make it without her.  

• Love 1

Love the Kara/Kal cousinly relationship, but then I loved it back when Superman was just IMs coming up on her screen. Tyler's chemistry with Melissa is a perfect embodiment and extension of their first season relationship. 

I will definitely miss Cat. Come back with stories of fabulous adventures!

I'm in the minority, I guess, thinking that it's about time Kara became a reporter. In s1 I kept wondering how the hell a PA could get away with being missing all the time. When she had to plan that huge Supergirl launch party? Event planning takes multiple 12-hour days. Seeing Clark in 2.01, I was thinking that reporter is such a better career choice—it's easy to run off with, "Oh, just heard from a source." Of course snappish Snapper is right that you should have a degree and/or a damn big clip file. Cat did her a disservice not starting off with, "You want to be a reporter? Take writing samples to my editor." 

The new El is not starting out well. I hope his reaction is only because his last memory was of a fight.

My favorite line of the night was "I'm with her"!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Trini said:

Alex said she 'gave up a medical career' to take care of Kara/join the DEO -- I don't remember that from last season. What was Alex studying(?) when she got recruited?

Ha, you know, I was just talking about this with someone--I feel like that line was a bit of a retcon and/or the writers don't really know what they're talking about (take your pick). Everything we've seen so far indicates that Alex has a PhD in, essentially, alien biology (she may even have said she does have the PhD, I can't remember). Last season we never got the sense that she was going to have a "medical career" in the sense of being a physician, which is normally how that term is used; rather it seemed she was going to be a lab researcher until the DEO came a-calling.

• Love 2

Why didn't Metallo destroy Supergirl instead of just threatening to destroy her if she didn't immediately fly off to Metropolis to join Superman and view the damage caused by the second Metallo? She was alone with him and defenseless. Why not just blast her then? Why let her go?

3 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Ha, you know, I was just talking about this with someone--I feel like that line was a bit of a retcon and/or the writers don't really know what they're talking about (take your pick). Everything we've seen so far indicates that Alex has a PhD in, essentially, alien biology (she may even have said she does have the PhD, I can't remember). Last season we never got the sense that she was going to have a "medical career" in the sense of being a physician, which is normally how that term is used; rather it seemed she was going to be a lab researcher until the DEO came a-calling.

I think Alex’s degree/expertise in the show is meant to be in bioengineering. Alex says she has a background in bioengineering in the pilot episode, and then in the Thanksgiving episode Eliza says she and Alex are both bioengineers. I’m assuming Alex only lied to her mom about where she was working not what she majored in.

As far as the PhD and or MD, there’s a flashback deleted scene from the Manhunter episode where it’s mentioned that Alex was pursuing both a PhD and MD, but she was being put on academic probation. Basically, Alex wasn’t actually doing the course work or showing up for class, and was doing more partying and drinking than studying. In the scene that we saw in the episode that aired, we see J’onn bailing her out and recruiting her to work with him at the DEO and he only alludes to the fact that she was in danger of failing out of the PhD & MD program. (He says something about having seen her transcripts and that she’s not much of a “scientist”).

What’s also interesting about that deleted scene from last season's Manhunter episode, is that it works fairly well as a prelude to the scene in this episode where Alex just unloads on Kara with her big ass list of “Things I gave up for you!” I know deleted scenes aren’t generally considered show canon, but even so, it doesn’t contradict anything we know now. In the scene (it's a flashback to when Alex was still studying for her PhD/MD and before the DEO recruited her) you can see just how much resentment Alex had towards Kara and her superpowers, and also how repressed and unhappy Kara felt because she wasn’t allowed to use her powers or really be herself. You also get the sense that Alex has mentioned the burden of having to look after Kara to her face so many times that Kara - while yes, very grateful for Alex, whom she dearly loves, and her relationship with her as a big sister - she is also tired of being told that, in effect, she’s a burden. It really does make both their arguments and actions/reactions in this episode understandable. (Not that it wasn't understandable without that info from the deleted scene, but I think it added more history to their relationship)

OT, but an interesting tidbit from that deleted scene: Kara’s loft was originally Alex’s.

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, regularlyleaded said:

OT, but an interesting tidbit from that deleted scene: Kara’s loft was originally Alex’s.

Wow, so Alex really DID give up everything for Kara.  :)

5 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Why didn't Metallo destroy Supergirl instead of just threatening to destroy her if she didn't immediately fly off to Metropolis to join Superman and view the damage caused by the second Metallo? She was alone with him and defenseless. Why not just blast her then? Why let her go?

I was wondering the same thing. It's a pretty common, but still stupid, supervillain trope. Stand there and talk to show how cool or strong or smart you are, instead of killing the only person whose ever been able to stop you, at a time when you actually CAN kill them.

• Love 2

Not as good as the first episode but still not too bad.

Lots of 'plotting by stupid' again, which was one thing that weighed down the first season. And Arrow. And Flash. And Legends. Just once, can we have plots that are not driven by stupid? Please?

On 10/18/2016 at 1:38 PM, Humbugged said:

It was brought up because the person who everyone thinks she is being set up with debuts next week .And Winn doesn't have the right 'equipment'

I think it will still lead back to Winn anyway.

On 10/22/2016 at 1:08 AM, memememe76 said:

I still, l think Kara should be in the Lifestyle pages. Food critic. 

I'd love to see her write a comprehensive ranking of all the ice cream places in town.

• Love 4

If Season 2 of Supergirl is All! About! The! Family! Drama! then I doubt I'll continue to watch it. I liked Season 1 because while there were tensions among Team Supergirl, they were usually fairly subdued (Winn and Jimmy got on OK, despite their rivalry for Kara's affections, for example). But now we have to have interfamily
drama between the Danvers sisters (and you did try to KILL your sister not that long ago, so bricks/glass houses and all that), while Martian Manhunter who had previously stated that Superman finds it funny that he can't read Kryptonian minds now apparently can't stand each other. I was absolutely on John's side of that debate - it's not just an insurance against either of the Super cousins going rogue (which they've both done!) but other Kryptonians turning up and wanting to take over the world (which also happened quite recently!). Worried about no longer being a God among ants, Kal-El?

johntfs  I'm just going to assume that Superman didn't simply toss the radioactive death element into a normal dumpster.

That was a weirdly shot scene, because that's what I thought too!

Actionmage I disliked how entitled Kara was written. After the first rebuff, S1 Kara would have comeback with at least one good argument or have a story about what she just did ( Clark possibly giving her some advice for her first day?)

She reminded me of Rory Gilmore running to Granpa when mean old Mr Huntsburger (Sr) told her she wasn't much of a journalist. I thought he was right then and I think Snapper was right here. She even ran to mummy (well, Cat)!

Why did Superman & Supergirl just LEAVE when they met Metallo 1? Sure Metallo 2 might be wrecking Metropolis, but Metallo 1 can now wreck Century City! Kill (or depower) him first, then save Metropolis! Mind you, they need to learn how to dodge and not just STAND THERE while a villain zaps them with Kryptonite. And I guess Martian Manhunter doesn't have a "No Killing" policy because I doubt anyone could survive having his Kryptonite heart yanked backwards through their chest.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:27 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I thought it was odd that when Wynn was searching for Promethium and detected it that the label on the screen was C12H22O11 -- which is the chemical formula for sucrose

I didn't spot it was sucrose, though I did notice it was a Carbon compound rather than an element (Atomic number 61, Symbol Pm). It would have been funny if Team Krypton had turned up at the "Promethium" stockpile - only to find it was a Hershey factory!

• Love 1

Cranky J'onn is my absolute favorite J'onn. "I said I'd try!" "I'll be down in the armory. Shooting something." Bring back cranky exasperated Space Dad J'onn 2k16.

Kara being SOOO grossed out by Cat's crush on Clark is priceless. Goodness, I miss Cat. The scenes where she says goodbye to Kara and then to Supergirl remain so good. I felt so bad for Kara this time when she said "I don't do well with change"; it's very true and slightly funny, but then you think about WHY she's not good with change, and it just breaks your heart. Poor bb. Still think Cat should have said "Kara" after Supergirl flew away in the last balcony scene. I mean, she so knows. COME BACK CAT.

Still find Superman super whiny for being mad that the DEO keeps kryptonite around. I mean, come on, name-drop Non and Astra or Red!K Kara and that should end the conversation. I totally get why he's mad, but still, it really just makes sense for the DEO to have some kryptonite on hand.

Idiot ball plotting was in full force this episode where Superman and Supergirl just flew away from Corbin because, um, reasons.

This episode kind of launched the Alex/Winn brotp, which has been one of the unexpected delights of the season imo. They are far more memorable as friends than Kara and Winn, I'm not sure why.

Lame Super Agent Alex for the loss. I'm so glad that a plethora of Cadmus agents can sneak up right behind her!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Still find Superman super whiny for being mad that the DEO keeps kryptonite around. I mean, come on, name-drop Non and Astra or Red!K Kara and that should end the conversation. I totally get why he's mad, but still, it really just makes sense for the DEO to have some kryptonite on hand.

Agreed. Every agent of the DEO is working around tons of weapons and materials that could be lethal to them every day if they fell into the wrong hands. Sack up, Clark! Your only real cause for complaint is that the DEO didn't inform you or Kara that some Kryptonite went missing 4 months earlier, as it was likely being weaponized with you in mind.

15 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Idiot ball plotting was in full force this episode where Superman and Supergirl just flew away from Corbin because, um, reasons.

I will give them points for Superman shoving Metallo toward the horizon to end that first fight though. How's that unbreakable heavy metal skeleton working out for you a kilometer from shore, Corbin?

Edited by Bruinsfan