Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E09: Week 6

• Start Topic

Moving from Week 5 

Week 6  LATIN NIGHT 

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/10/12/dancing-with-the-stars-season-23-week-six-latin-night-song-dance-list-revealed/

It’s Latin Night next week on Dancing With the Stars!

The nine remaining celebrities will be performing either a rumba, salsa, samba, paso doblé, cha cha or Argentine tango on the show, with ONE couple being eliminated at the end.

The night will kick off with Pitbullperforming his hit song “Greenlight,” featuring Flo Rida and 

LunchMoney Lewis, then each celebrity will go on to perform a captivating and alluring Latin dance. 

Pitbull will also join Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough at the judges’ table as a guest judge.

Here’s what the song and dance list for Latin Night:
Marilu Henner & Derek Hough – Cha Cha – “Echa Pa’lante” by Thalia
Laurie Hernandez & Val Chmerkovskiy – Salsa – “Light It Up” by Major Lazar featuring Nyla & Fuse ODG
James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Rumba – “Need the Sun to Break” by James Bay
Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – Argentine Tango – “Hotel California” by Eagles
Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – Paso Doblé – “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by Santa Esmeralda
Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – Argentine Tango – “Hands to Myself” by Selena Gomez
Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke – Salsa – “La Negra Tiene Tumbao” by Celia Cruz
Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev – Samba – “Mas Que Nada” by Sergio Mendes featuring The Black Eyed Peas
Amber Rose & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Cha Cha – “Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha” by Petty Booka

Dancing With The Stars airs Monday, October 17th @ 8PM ET/PT on ABC.

How many appearances will Pitbull make on this show??  I have lost count.

My local radio station mused this morning that the show might be more exciting if they let loose an actual pitbull onto the dance floor lol. (however they are bitter because Vanilla Ice got voted off)

• Love 7

Hmmm....I wonder if Pitbull was actually going to pull out the 10 paddle...when he got the "no" sign from sidestage?  James was amazing...and deserved that 10 from Pitbull.

Edited by sinycalone
5 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

I will be in the minority, but I feel like the shower was an overkill. Kinda desperate move to sex it up that actually cheapened the whole dance. When you try really really really hard to be sexy, you aren't...

I agree....that tango was not worth 4 tens.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, McManda said:

I don't know if James is the best male celeb dancer they've had on the show (that's a tall order, Julianne), but he's without a doubt, far and away, my favorite celeb on this season.

Had Laurie not been on this season, I think he would be a shoo in to win.  He's been steadily improving all season long.

Marilu's legs are insane.  

I'm really on the fence on Jana and Gleb, showmance pushing aside.  It was great for what it was, but I think they got 10s for doing the shower part and not breaking a damn ankle.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, susannot said:

64 year old Marilu was amazing!!  She is my role model.  Those legs!!

Best male celeb dancer would be Gilles, IMO.

In Hinch's thread, I thought Gilles was the best natural dancer, but Hinch is a better student.  Shade on Alfonso, who was in the audience tonight. 

• Love 2

few more points.

Maks is an @$$hole.

Artem is a saint, i would have done a "Calvin lift" but let go after the 2nd meltdown lol

I preferred Lindsey's choreo to Gleb's

I almost fell asleep during Derek and Marilu's dance.

James was great, not the best male dancer great, but great... a bit awkward in some of his moves...

Laurie makes me smile whether it's the package or dance. she's amazing. BS on those 9's.

right person went home. 

I wanna say #FreeArtem but I'm selfish and I wanna see him as long as possible lol

• Love 7

I wasn't a big fan of the choreography for Jana/Gleb's dance but that doesn't excuse Pitbull's horrible comment to Jana.  I don't care how sexy you are on the dance floor, that doesn't give you the leeway to make lewd comments to her afterwards.

I think Julianne's comment about James was hyperbole, but I do think he's up there.  He's an amazing student.  I wish he had a chance of winning this season.  In a way this season has shades of S8.  With the underage gymnast and the other guy that comes out of nowhere to be an actual contender.  Though Gilles could have won that one if Cheryl didn't completely miss on the freestyle.

Laurie was probably better than they gave her credit for (as compared to others) but I want better choreography from Val. I feel like part of the issue is Val isn't giving her particularly memorable routines.  She should be having standout routines every week but I feel like Val's choreography isn't bad--it's generic.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7

Dear Pitbull,

You're a waste of time and space on this show, and you're mildly offensive to boot yet still so bland that I can't even get that offended. Let's not kid ourselves, you have no idea what you're talking about and your constant "Ha ha HA!" laugh when making a very bad non-joke was the most annoying thing of the night. Please crawl back under your rock until next season, when you no doubt return to "judge" by saying "Lemme tell you somethin'," and then spout gibberish while hitting on the hotter girls. 

Many thanks,
Callaphera

P.S. Never mind, you'll probably perform another song that sounds identical to the five that came before it on the finale show (again) because you're like that annoying fly that keeps buzzing near my ear but I can't seem to smack down. Greeeat.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

In Hinch's thread, I thought Gilles was the best natural dancer, but Hinch is a better student.  Shade on Alfonso, who was in the audience tonight. 

I think what they share is that no one expected them to be as good a they are. Gilles was the naked guy in the Sex and the City movie ... that was it. James sits for a living (and couldn't walk 18 months ago). I wouldn't have high expectations for either of them. But both seem to be at ease moving their bodies.

What James can do that amazes me the most (and this goes for any male celeb on the show) is that he can finish his lines really well. I noticed it with Nick Carter, too, so maybe it's something Sharna drills  into her students, I don't know. But that makes a world of difference selling that "this guy is a dancer" instead of "this guy is dancing". Plus, James seems to be doing an amazing job picking things up in a very short amount of time. That bodes very well for when they get to two dances a week.

He's still my favorite celeb this season ... and quite possibly my favorite since Gilles (part 1, not all-star neurotic Gilles).

I wanna say #FreeArtem but I'm selfish and I wanna see him as long as possible lol

I'll cosign this sentiment ... I basically just want to watch Artem all the time. 

Edited by McManda
  • Love 7

64 year old Marilu was amazing!!  She is my role model.  Those legs!!

She was, except the show told me she was dancing a Cha Cha and I swear I felt like I was watching a Salsa - just me? Again it was good and fun but I just kept thinking, are the producers confused or Derek confused his dance assignment or what? I think I saw some Cha Cha there but that thing looked like a Salsa to me. 

I will be in the minority, but I feel like the shower was an overkill. Kinda desperate move to sex it up that actually cheapened the whole dance. When you try really really really hard to be sexy, you aren't...

The bed at the beginning and the shower at the end were both trying way too hard. Remove those parts and Jana did execute a gorgeous AT. Her lines were stunning but I just feel from the first week, Gleb pushes the sexy and "chemistry" too hard and it will probably backfire on them. I would not be the least bit surprised to see her be a "shock" boot. There's just something always slightly icky with them for me. 

Also, I hate when the judges act like that over a performance like that. It makes them seem desperate, like damn, what are you guys, some teenage virgins? Bruno was just embarrassing. I hate the notion of over the top sex is the way to sell "passion". Call me a prude but I like my sexy a little more subtle. 

eta: Amber has been on borrowed time since Week 1 so this was hardly a surprise. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, susannot said:

Forgot about Alfonso.  Yes, he was great.  Still prefer Gilles.

Alfonso was probably the best male dancer the show had going INTO the season (and it helped that he had several iconic dance movies from Fresh Prince.)  But Gilles is probably the male dancer who had people take note at how good he was at the start and how brilliant he was at the end.  James is not at Gilles level yet.  But if he lasts long enough and Sharna can hopefully put together one amazing freestyle, he certainly can be. 

Bye Amber.  At least I will no longer be frustrated by you and more Maks' choreo.  

• Love 1

I broke down and voted tonight for the first time. Lindsay and Calvin were my favorite of the night and have been in my top two all season so far. Their dance was so much better than Jana's in my opinion, and I really hope the jeopardy was just producer games and not a sign of things to come.

I missed the middle of the show because of thunderstorms, but I completely forgot Amber, Jana, and Marilu were even on it.

Aside from Laurie and Calvin, no one really has my attention.

• Love 8

I hate Pitbull.  His stupid music is awful and he is a sexist asshole.  I remember a performance when he was gyrating behind Jennifer Lopez in an obvious state of arousal.  It was gross.  Of course,Jennifer Lopez was fine as it was all for show biz.  This makes me sound like an elderly prude--I'm not!  I just think that Pit Bull is awful.

• Love 5

I hate Pitbull.  His stupid music is awful and he is a sexist asshole.  I remember a performance when he was gyrating behind Jennifer Lopez in an obvious state of arousal.  It was gross.  Of course,Jennifer Lopez was fine as it was all for show biz.  This makes me sound like an elderly prude--I'm not!  I just think that Pit Bull is awful.

• Love 1

Edited by susannot

The obligatory PitBull show.  Ugggh!  Not a fan.  All his performances look the same and sound the same.

Ryan:  Good job. It started off a little awkward but he eventually got into it.  Off-time a bit but at least he got his hips moving.  Rarely does the day-glo work, but it did this time.  No, JH, no speedo.  Erin, I'm pretty sure the knee pads were so we could see his legs in the dark.  Agree with the scores. 

Seriously, Pitbull doesn't know the drill by now?  Get it together dude!

Terra:  She seemed to know the steps but kept looking at Sasha like she was unsure.  No sharpness. No fight.  She was going along rather than asserting herself.  Scores too high.  I'd have gone with a mix of 6s and 7s.

Amber:  Wow Maks.  Constantly berating her then order her to "have fun"?  Anyway, alot of time getting started, I could see him pulling her along at times.  I think she played the role just fine but this is just a bad partnership.  Agree with the scores.

James:  Cute package - I like how he seems game for all the silliness.  That seemed very fast for a rumba and it didn't really look like one, but of course they had to work with the song assigned.  He really stretches his lines and while I didn't care for the choreography, I think he did great for what he was given.  Agree with the scores.  (I think that's the 1st time I've ever heard the announcer call a judge's name twice.)

Marilu:  Still some hesitancy.  I think at the pauses, she was throwing in extra steps.  It felt tense and kind of by-the-numbers.  Maybe that's from Derek easing up?  She does have gorgeous legs, though.  Scores a little high. All 8s would have been right.

Jana:  I liked the dance itself but the bed and shower were a bit too much-too explicit.  The moves were sharp and plenty of intensity.  Just like I said in week 1 - this gal can dance.  The judges were just waaaay too much.  Agree with the scores.

Maureen:  Well, I'm glad she's staying positive but Jeez Louise! How exhausting is all that in rehearsal!  She looked terrified at the beginning (with a frozen smile) but kind of loosened up as the dance went on.  Very stiff.  She was trying for that samba bounce but it just wasn't working.  Her smiles all just seemed fake (she actually looked pissed off at judging).  That 1st 8 - it looked like Artem said "Whaaat?".  Yea. Scores too high. I would have gone all 7s or maybe even one 6.

Calvin:  Beautiful!  I really liked this - that first lift was like WOW!  A few steps looked a little awkward with those huge feet but great job!   Funny how when they zoom in on his face, you can only see the top of Lindsey's head.  Underscored. Should have been at least three 10s.

Laurie:  Yes, she can execute the steps with precision.  But she just didn't look like she was having fun.  She was also ahead of the beat and Val on the upper floor.  She did correct the timing once she got onto the main floor.  What was the 10 for Bruno?  All 9s would have been correct.

I think the writing was on the wall for Amber.   I hated seeing Calvin standing there in jeopardy.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

My local radio station mused this morning that the show might be more exciting if they let loose an actual pitbull onto the dance floor lol. (however they are bitter because Vanilla Ice got voted off)

That's funny!!!!!!! I think it would be more entertaining!!!!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

She was, except the show told me she was dancing a Cha Cha and I swear I felt like I was watching a Salsa - just me?

In Derek's TV Guide blog he said he thought they had salsa when he got the music, because he felt it was such a Salsa song. And said he was choreographing a "Chalsa" as a result.

• Love 1

I think Laurie's doing fantastic and I loved her salsa, but in general I think people might have a bit of a short memory when it comes to gymnasts on this show? Shawn won her season freshly after the Olympics, but even she needed for Cheryl to screw up the freestyle and for Mark to IMO deliver one of the best DWTS freestyles ever to get there. She didn't win in season 15. Aly wasn't musical, so that contributed, but she also only came in fourth. Nastia came in fourth. I don't think gymnasts have it made, even freshly after the Olympics.

I loved Calvin as well, Jana seemed overscored? I always forget that Marilu even danced, that can't be good... And Pittbull needs to go away.

• Love 4

I just realized ...

You know how Edyta's go to costume was some variation of a strapped sheet? Artem's is white pants and an open, brightly colored shirt. I think his pink with Maureen is the third ... I vaguely remember a lime green, but he definitely remember him in electric blue with Patty LaBelle. 

I love that he's willing to wear bold colors (any guy that wears bold colors gets bonus points from me), but I think I still prefer the ballroom tails.

• Love 2

Jana must be polling not so well in the votes for them to get a perfect score for that music-video esque Argentine Tango. For all of Gleb's look-at-us-and-how-sexy-we-are posturing, that wasn't the sexist we've seen on DWTS.

• Love 6

I loved Laurie and Val's salsa. It was my favorite dance of the night. It was great seeing Shawn and Nastia giving her advice on the package, especially Shawn who is my favorite female dancer to ever be on DWTS. I thought it was really cute how Laurie was all embarrassed about moving her hips in front of Val because "he's like a guy," lol.

I actually thought that Jana and Gleb's AT was a bit all over the place. In comparing it to Calvin and Lindsay's AT, I liked Calvin and Lindsay's more. 

Artem just seems so over dealing with Maureen. She seems like she would be difficult to deal with on a daily basis, although she does seem nice otherwise.

As good of a dancer as I think James is, I disagree with Julianne's comment that he's the best male dancer to ever be on DWTS. That honor in my opinion goes to Alfonso.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 5

I love James, but jeez Julianne, I could name a ton of better male dancers , including Apollo- how soon she forgets!  And I hate when the judges say " the best ever" , just stop it!    And I saw no hip action in James' rumba and I was specially looking for it!   I actually think Calvin is a better dancer........

People forget Gilles had a shoulder injury in the finals and had surgery shortly after and Shawn basically did a floor excercise routine for her freestyle.  

• Love 3

I think with Laurie it's a few things.  She came in with ridiculous over the top expectations on her, as opposed to James who had no expectations on him.  So it's a lot easier to fall short of expectations any time you are less than perfect, and nobody on this show is perfect all the time.  Whereas when you are a surprise, it's a lot easier to impress people.

However I don't think the expectations on Laurie are completely unfounded.  It's not just that she is a gymnast, but anybody who watches her as a gymnast, particularly in her floor routine, can see she has a lot more natural dance chops and performance ability than Aly and S18 Shawn.   Laurie was the most graceful and strongest dancer on the 2016 Olympic team IMO by far--I remember even Lindsay saying that in a pre-season interview.  I knew Aly wouldn't be great before DWTS even started because she was an all power gymnast with little to no musicality and you could see that (though she has improved a bit since in part due to DWTS).  So it's not just that she's a gymnast, but it was about specifically what Laurie did as a gymnast.  Simone is the best gymnast in the world and a GOAT but I wouldn't say she's particularly graceful.

That said, to me any shortcomings so far aren't Laurie.  I think it's Val.  Laurie is great, but when Val dials up the difficulty of the choreography she loses the performance a bit.  Her stand out week so far was still jazz, where the choreography was simplified and she could just perform.  I think if Val found more unique ways to package Laurie and/or eased back a tiny bit so she could full out perform, it might be better?  Right now to me the problem is more that Sharna and Lindsay and maybe a few others are out-choregraphing him.

As for Julianne's comment, I'm not sure who I'd say the best male dancer on DWTS was over the history of the show...but I don't think it was Alfonso and that is coming from someone who LOVED Alfonso and voted for him to win.  I'd argue Alfonso might have been the best male jive dancer this show has ever seen.  I think Alfonso was up there with the best, but he definitely had areas where he excelled and areas where he needed work.  I think other male dancers have been universally better, meaning across both latin and ballroom.  I think with Alfonso his highs were so high that it made it forget a few of the lows.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5

Every season it's "best ever", this show lives on hyperbole. At least they aren't saying that James is like an angel sent from heaven and we all should be grateful that we're allowed to bask in his glorious, saintly ways, like they were going on about Bindi (no shade on Bindi, I thought she deservedly won her season, but the gushing about her was nauseating...)

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, spanana said:

I wasn't a big fan of the choreography for Jana/Gleb's dance but that doesn't excuse Pitbull's horrible comment to Jana.  I don't care how sexy you are on the dance floor, that doesn't give you the leeway to make lewd comments to her afterwards.

I think Julianne's comment about James was hyperbole, but I do think he's up there.  He's an amazing student.  I wish he had a chance of winning this season.  In a way this season has shades of S8.  With the underage gymnast and the other guy that comes out of nowhere to be an actual contender.  Though Gilles could have won that one if Cheryl didn't completely miss on the freestyle.

Laurie was probably better than they gave her credit for (as compared to others) but I want better choreography from Val. I feel like part of the issue is Val isn't giving her particularly memorable routines.  She should be having standout routines every week but I feel like Val's choreography isn't bad--it's generic.

Quick note unrelated to this regarding Alfonso vs. James: I think we all had an idea of how Alfonso was as a dancer before the show. Whether it be the "Carlton" or his Pepsi commercials back in the way back day. Although Alfonso is a fantastic dancer, he never really stopped dancing like Alfonso. 

Val's choreo being generic is an interesting point and honestly I think you might be on to something and that's coming from a long time Val fan. I remember really liking Val during his season w/ Zendaya because I think she brought out a new/different engergy then what he had previously brought w/ partners like Kelly M. Plus, since Zendaya was already dancer, she brought an interesting foundation for Val to build on that definitely influenced his choreo, for example their Beyonce/Samba routine. Since Laurie has a great personality, great work ethic, great musicality, etc Val's choreo has been good for her, but not particularly memorable. Honestly I think he should have a convo w/ Mark about how to jazz it up for a youngster like Laurie. 

Edited by PTVjones
  • Love 5

Oh, Maureen. I'm almost as old as she is and I worshipped Marcia Brady growing up, but I'm so exhausted after watching her.  I give her mad props for a lot of things, but she seems very high maintenance and although she seems sweet, she wears me out.

I hated Jana and Gleb, but whatever.  One of my friends was going on about how hot it was, but for me, the only thing missing was the pole.

I loved Calvin...I want him to last a long, long time so I can keep watching him.  And those flips were awesome!

I still unabashedly love James.  

Finally, where the hell is Ryan getting all these votes from, to not even be in the bottom?!  He's yet to perform well on the dance floor, and he's pretty much a douche-canoe.  He's got to go soon, right?  Please...tell me I'm right!

• Love 3

I thought Calvin's AT was better than Jana's I honestly did. The choreography was better and Jana's had too many side effects. I bet Len would have absolutely hated it. Is Jana struggling to get votes? That would explain the perfect score whereas Calvin somehow gets 3 points less. James is good but best dancer ever, come on Julianne, let's be a little realistic here we're in week 6 not the final. Everytime I predict Maureen to leave and everytime she stays. While the plus side means Artem stays, my goodness she is exhausting to watch and must be exhausting to teach. I'm going to predict once again that she will leave next week. Ryan has the sympathy/underdog vote which should keep him around for a little longer.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, PTVjones said:

Val's choreo being generic is an interesting point and honestly I think you might be on to something and that's coming from a long time Val fan. I remember really liking Val during his season w/ Zendaya because I think she brought out a new/different engergy then what he had previously brought w/ partners like Kelly M. Plus, since Zendaya was already dancer, she brought an interesting foundation for Val to build on that definitely influenced his choreo, for example their Beyonce/Samba routine. Since Laurie has a great personality, great work ethic, great musicality, etc Val's choreo has been good for her, but not particularly memorable. Honestly I think he should have a convo w/ Mark about how to jazz it up for a youngster like Laurie. 

Interesting discussion. I've been critical of some of Val's choreo in the past (Ginger had some blah dances, but Ginger was rather limited, so perhaps there wasn't much to be done about it. I also thought he produced one or two clunkers for Rumer, though the outstanding dances were spectacular.), though he's generally strong at it IMO, though perhaps not always to my taste. But honestly...this season I've had little complaints about his choreo. Perhaps the paso was too busy. That's it. I also don't find it generic. It's streamlined and packed full of content, but that's his aesthetic. Personally, it also make me enjoy Laurie in a way I probably wouldn't if it were cutesier and louder. That was my fear going into the season: That I wouldn't like Laurie because I'd find her too OTT, even though she's so great. Val toning her down somewhat actually makes me enjoy her more. Though I guess then it becomes about individual taste, for example I didn't like the Beyonce samba Zendaya did either.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, katha said:

I think Laurie's doing fantastic and I loved her salsa, but in general I think people might have a bit of a short memory when it comes to gymnasts on this show? Shawn won her season freshly after the Olympics, but even she needed for Cheryl to screw up the freestyle and for Mark to IMO deliver one of the best DWTS freestyles ever to get there. She didn't win in season 15. Aly wasn't musical, so that contributed, but she also only came in fourth. Nastia came in fourth. I don't think gymnasts have it made, even freshly after the Olympics.

I loved Calvin as well, Jana seemed overscored? I always forget that Marilu even danced, that can't be good... And Pittbull needs to go away.

Well, depending on how unsatisfied you were with the All-Stars outcome, Shawn not winning is a conspiracy on the part of TPTB.

Marilu's legs are indeed fantastic. I thought she was slow, however, to the point of distraction. Derek often takes assigned dance styles as suggestions anyway, so I'm not surprised it looked like a bit of a hybrid.

I'm lowkey worried for Laurie. I can actually see a Gilles situation where she might lose on the freestyle. Calvin and James/Sharna are not to be underestimated.

I wish Val had chosen a brighter, different outfit for Laurie. This one was a bit reminiscent of her Week 1 costume. Laurie was very good as usual but I agree Val could be doing more for her with his choreography. I think he's tied so far on hits vs. "meh" routines. I liked her routines the first two weeks, and she killed the Michael Jackson dance. Last week's Paso was a bit too ambitious and busy for Laurie. I do think he's in that dangerous territory as a pro where he has a partner with many gifts and ups the difficulty and over-choreographs, instead of packaging her in a way to highlight her personality. Sharna fell into this trap occasionally with Charlie White, IMO.

I like him a lot, but I don't think Calvin has done anything to deserve 10s just yet. Lindsay is relying too heavily on lifts.

I'm curious how many better dancers Lochte will outlast now.

• Love 3

I want to like Jana really I do but there's something about her. The way her and her partners dances always have to be overly sexed up is old and tired. I'm not a prude by any means. I agree with the above poster that said the only thing missing was the pole tonight.

• Love 10

I was glad to come on here and find that other people also found Jana's dance try-hard and kind of sleazy.  James and Sharna are my overall favorites this season, but Calvin and Lindsay's tango was hands down my favorite performance of the night.  I voted for both of them.  I'm not a full time watcher of this show, I've only seen a couple of seasons here and there, and I will never understand the scoring.  Glad to see Amber go, and she seemed glad about it, too.  Well, relieved anyway. 

30 minutes ago, campbellcat said:

Waaayyy too much nostalgia keeping the old ladies on the show! Free their partners NOW!!!!! Neither can dance worth a hoot compared to the younguns', legs be damned!

I'm a decade younger, and impressed they're doing this at all, but yes, enough is enough!

• Love 2

In response to the consensus of Jana and Gleb's routine, I was actually more uncomfortable by the bed section than i was the shower section. I think if the shower section was simply just water/rain rather than the imagery of the shower, it would have been 1000x more effective. I think honestly this is just Gleb's aesthetic for better or worse.

Also count me as someone who believes that if Artem was Jana's partner, we'd be given the sexy without the undercurrent of skeaviness. I think Artem knows how to toe that line a bit more gracefully. 

• Love 11

I think Gleb is  creepy.  Jana is a good dancer but I didnt see anything sexy about that dance. There have been sexier dances over the years, many of them.

Calvin was great and James also.

I'm going to give the male celebs a lot of credit this season, they seem to be embracing the dance costumes  and willing to try anything. In other years you could tell some of the guys wouldn't wear loud colors and matching dance shoes, or frilly things, etc.  These guys are jumping in !

Maks, you're an ass.  So long.

• Love 8

Terra's hairstyle was great.  It suited her while dancing.

Marilu's face looked odd with all that bronzer.

Calvin and Lindsey was my favourite dance of the night.  He can come practice his sexy face in this direction any time, she said, shallowly.

Glad to see Amber gone, although I felt (in the little tiny bit of her dance that I watched) that she was way more on point this week and the cha cha suited her.

James is some kinda magical being.  How someone with no dance background and no acting background<?> can be so good.  It is NOT easy to pick up that minute and a half of movement at that level.

• Love 5

I love James and I hope he makes the finals.  Poor Amber has very poor self confidence which surprises me because I really expected her to be full of kick ass attitude.  

Heres something interesting that I read about the British version, Strictly Come Dancing.  After many complaints about the overt sexuality and brevity of the costumes, Strictly is cleaning things up this season so that its works during what they call their watershed time slot. What that means is that Strictly is on air when it's supposed to be family viewing time, and they thought that the overt sexuality was becoming too obvious.  I wonder if the bed and shower scene would play in the UK. 

• Love 6