Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: The Finish Line

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, huahaha said:

Mean girl? She was cheering for Kelsey, not trying to humiliate her. Kelsey nailed a harder question than most girls get and explained it in detail. I think the whole panel was rooting for her.

Watch the previous seasons. She is a mean girl. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In watching the squad photo deleted scene, I noticed that rookie Kelli looked prettier because her eye makeup was better in more earth tones, and her eyes were visible and didn't just look like black slits.  Take makeup notes, girl!  Erica looks dynamite front and center. 

I agree, as always, that it would be nice to see more dancing, and more of the vets. I don't mind them changing things up--showing squad photo day, when the girls see their new lockers, Meet the Team, etc--as it keeps things fresher for the DCC and viewers alike.  But I agree that I'd rather see rehearsal or performances rather than Melissa or Anthony Ramos giving them a locker room pep talk (for the record, I liked him as a judge--especially when he disagreed with Charlotte @ Kaylee & the way he said, "She has a star on my paperrrrr.") They at least did a good job of showing a tiny clip of each rookie on the field at the end.  But more of that, please! Love Emma, and am always happy to see her back, even if it was because someone fell on her head warming up for yoga class, which is hard for me to compute. 

For the poster upthread who said s/he doesn't know much about Jerry Jones but you don't think you like him much, you're very intuitive and not alone.  He's pretty much the most disliked owner and manager in the NFL. They could have skipped his dumb speech and showed more dancing. But maybe they're trying to feed his ego to keep his support for the DCC and MTT. 

In seasons past, they have done longer opening and/or finale episodes. I'm totally behind that idea! (I support it, not saying I came up with it.) I, too, wish we get more in each season. 

13 hours ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Thanks for posting this link!  I did like this scene, as we get to see the end style for the ladies.  There should be a stage or platform behind the squad photo set in case one of the cheerleaders loses their balance from standing there so long (on boxes).  It looks like an accident and injury waiting to happen.  

Simon needs to be professional, and I'm sure this has raised an eyebrow...and now a concussion in a yoga class?

Yuko is a sweet girl, but it is obvious someone called the DCC and said we have a cheerleader that wants to be DCC, and she will need a nice living arrangement while she is in Dallas, etc.  Connections are connections in any field.  I don't think she is a great dancer, but maybe she will become one, if she stays for more than one year.  I hope the other cheerleaders can make a connection with her and include her in girl stuff outside the team environment.  

I do agree with what Texasstar said earlier about questioning some of the choices of the rookies.  

Danielle is gorgeous again this year!!

I really enjoyed this final episode. I felt like they were able to fit quite a bit into the episode.

Amy and Kyndall's cuts were so sad, but I could understand the decision. 

I loved the family and friends event being at the stadium. It was fun to see a few retired DCC in the audience. It was also great to see the show group dance.

I wish we had gotten to see the squad photo, but it was nice that they added it to the website as a deleted scene.

I think they have a great final squad this year. The rookies are a beautiful and talented group. Maggie, Kelsey, and Khalyn really stand out to me each time they are featured. But, I think all of the new girls were great choices and each add something unique to the team.

It was great to see how proud Kelli was of the girls. 

Like most of you, I wish the season was longer than 8 episodes. I think there is enough content to fill 10-12 episodes easily. But for now, I will just keep my fingers crossed for DCC MTT 12!

It broke my heart to see Amy and Kyndall cut, especially since the cuts were anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so before the team was announced.  I don't think they've made cuts that close to the announcement since Kamie was brought into camp after the sisters quit.  Despite the timing, I completely understand the decisions made.  Amy, I think, will be fine and, although it probably hurt to be cut on the last day, she seemed resigned to the fact that the DCC dream was over for her.  However, maybe the whole DCC journey was just to prepare her for the GSW.  She's a strong and beautiful young woman and is a better fit dance style-wise with the GSW.   What got me with Kyndall was when she said something along the lines of "It's hard, standing in this locker room and seeing all these beautiful girls.  I just want to be one of them."

I loved seeing the bits and pieces of the show group performance and what they showed of both Madeleine and Kelsey.  Anyone who comes back definitely shows perseverance and determination, but calm self-reflection and maybe a trusted outside opinion should be a part of that to keep a healthy perspective.  I know I've had times where I wish people had told me "What the hell were you thinking?" as well as "Why did you quit?"  I've made decisions in the heat of the moment that were awesome, but more that weren't and having that perspective comes with experience and maturity.

I'm shutting up now and disappearing into the background.

Kyndall is beautiful, but she's not a good dancer at all. She's choppy and not fluid with her movement. She looks confused, and is never quite on beat. She needs some ballet, contemporary/lyrical, and hip hop classes if she has any chance. Even then, some people just don't have that dance skill and musicality no matter how many classes they take and hours they practice. Kelsey is a slow learner but definitely has more style and ability.

1 hour ago, M1977G said:

For the poster upthread who said s/he doesn't know much about Jerry Jones but you don't think you like him much, you're very intuitive and not alone.  He's pretty much the most disliked owner and manager in the NFL. They could have skipped his dumb speech and showed more dancing. But maybe they're trying to feed his ego to keep his support for the DCC and MTT. 

That was me :). What's his deal? He seems like a filthy rich white guy who has no idea how the other half (or maybe 99%) lives.

What does Emma do when she's not being an all-star?  I'm amazed she can remember the routines. Very cool.

Was away this weekend and only had a chance to watch first half of episode so far. 

All I will say at this moment - if you are doubting how much Judy and Kelli like Kyndall and genuinely want her on the team next year, rewatch the episode at the part where she is leaving the stadium with the security guard and check what she is carrying out and home with her...

Edited by LaurenBrook

I must have missed it Lauren, what was it? 

I don't like the vibe I'm getting off of Jerrah, I'm like 9000 miles away from Texas and he gives me the heebie jeebies. Imagine being in an actual room with him ??

I love Emma!!! Bring her back full time, as a mentor or coach or anything, I wanna see more of her! She's great! 

4 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

Watch the previous seasons. She is a mean girl. 

Agree that she has come across as not very nice in some events, but I don't see how her interaction with Kelsey during her interview this season could be construed as mean girl. She said "girlfriend" because Kelsey answered correctly and she was impressed.

25 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Agree that she has come across as not very nice in some events, but I don't see how her interaction with Kelsey during her interview this season could be construed as mean girl. She said "girlfriend" because Kelsey answered correctly and she was impressed.

I understand that. It is my opinion that i don't like her how and how rude she has been to Kelsey and others in the past. I just didn't like how she said girlfiend like that, given her history.  I guess I didn't explain myself well in my original post! I am alone in that opinion, but i was just expressing it. I just didn't like it! 

2 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

I understand that. It is my opinion that i don't like her how and how rude she has been to Kelsey and others in the past. I just didn't like how she said girlfiend like that, given her history.  I guess I didn't explain myself well in my original post! I am alone in that opinion, but i was just expressing it. I just didn't like it! 

She was pretty mean to Kat IMO.

3 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

In general a bunch of us were turned off by that lady because of what she did to Kat. Suddenly I remember she threw Jay under the bus when talking about one of the audition candidates. I forgot who it was they were discussing during deliberations, and when her name was brought up, I think Kelli turned to her knowing she didn't like the candidate. Instead of explaining herself, she said Jay didn't either and pushed the responsibility onto him. His reaction was hilarious--he was clearly take off guard, and it was rude of her to put him on the spot like that. If she is so concerned about the girls being professional, she didn't come off professional to me by doing that. Do your own dirty work! Funny, I never paid much attention to her these past seasons, but she sure got it this season in a bad way. So @Dccfanatic I'm with you!

Even upset and crying, Simone was gorgeous! 

On 10/14/2016 at 9:10 AM, MaryWebGirl said:

Does anyone still have the interview episode on their DVR? Didn't Tasha specifically tell the judges that her husband was in Dallas?

She said her husband got a job offer in Dallas.  She did not say they had already moved there.

On 10/13/2016 at 11:58 PM, Dancemajor said:

Missing 6+ weeks of my child's life for the possibility of becoming a DCC?! ? Making it or not I lost some respect for that. If her child were with her during TC  my feelings would change. I guess my priorities would be different if I had a child. Most definitely would be more career minded at that point. I'm happy for her though! 

I'm sure it would have been just great if this was Amy and how inspirational! (Being sarcastic)

Edited by missmansfield
Added more

How old is Tasha's daughter? 

If she's little, like 6 and under, I think leaving for 6 weeks is a bit much. I have two small children under age 5. There's no way they could deal with me being gone for 6 weeks. 

An older child, would probably be fine. Especially if there are frequent visits. 

9 hours ago, M1977G said:

7 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

That was me :). What's his deal? He seems like a filthy rich white guy who has no idea how the other half (or maybe 99%) lives.

7 hours ago, M1977G said:

Nailed it in one, @woodscommaelle!  He's incredibly self-important.

From the Texas Monthly article about Suzanne Mitchell's passing:

"When Arkansas businessman Jerry Jones bought the team in 1989, he unceremoniously fired Schramm and Landry and hired Jimmy Johnson as the new head coach. Mitchell knew that her days were numbered.

I knew I’d be fired, because Jones was trying to get rid of everything that recalled Landry or Schramm. He and Jimmy Johnson and a bunch of their cronies came down when we were getting ready for the spring Department of Defense tour. They had drink in their hands, most of them drunk. Absolutely—like they were coming to a strip club and making themselves comfortable to watch. I told them to get the hell out, and they just laughed and left.

Let’s just say I informed Jones, “I’ll be leaving May 8,” and leave it at that. It’s memorialized in my mind, I’ll tell you that."

Regardless, Suzanne Mitchell is still regarded as a major person in not just DCC history, but cheerleading in the NFL, procheer, drill and traditional cheerleading. All alumni, current and aspiring DCC have her in their prayers and in their hearts.

I think it is awesome that Tasha's husband supports her going to training camp and taking care of their daughter for six weeks.  In a lifetime, six weeks is not much and Tasha is a stay at home mom so she is spending a lot of time with her daughter anyway. 

Like evryone else, so sad for Amy. I almost didn't want to watch this episode because I knew she was getting cut and I didn't want to see. I bet that was one of the hardest cuts they have ever made. I think Kelli was trying not to cry.

I like Milan's lighter hair. She seems very mature for 18!

I thought Allie looked great! 

I can't believe they never once interviewed or featured Selina in the seasons theme of the comeback girl.

Firstly the Amy cut did make me tear up. I really felt sorry for her.

MR looked a hot mess. I'm glad they don't use her for style tips. Actually I'm surprised they use her as much as they do as she never looks "classy".

Nobody else has mentioned it but what was with Cerstens earrings at the pregame match? I thought they were all supposed to wear the same earrings but hers were definitely different. On that note what happens if the girls don't have pierced ears?

1 hour ago, Silverleaf said:

Firstly the Amy cut did make me tear up. I really felt sorry for her.

MR looked a hot mess. I'm glad they don't use her for style tips. Actually I'm surprised they use her as much as they do as she never looks "classy".

Nobody else has mentioned it but what was with Cerstens earrings at the pregame match? I thought they were all supposed to wear the same earrings but hers were definitely different. On that note what happens if the girls don't have pierced ears?

Maybe she doesn't have pierced ears so they are slightly different?

Cersten is a doll and a great performer, but her kicks aren't that great. I sort of shocked.

13 hours ago, TobyBelle said:

In general a bunch of us were turned off by that lady because of what she did to Kat. Suddenly I remember she threw Jay under the bus when talking about one of the audition candidates. I forgot who it was they were discussing during deliberations, and when her name was brought up, I think Kelli turned to her knowing she didn't like the candidate. Instead of explaining herself, she said Jay didn't either and pushed the responsibility onto him. His reaction was hilarious--he was clearly take off guard, and it was rude of her to put him on the spot like that. If she is so concerned about the girls being professional, she didn't come off professional to me by doing that. Do your own dirty work! Funny, I never paid much attention to her these past seasons, but she sure got it this season in a bad way. So @Dccfanatic I'm with you!

Thank you! :) I also do remember that part with Jay and putting it all on him. 

14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She was pretty mean to Kat IMO.

Oh, yes! I knew there was something else that happened this seasaon, but I couldn't remember exactly what it was. Poor Kat and that dress comment. Thank you! 

When Kelli was telling the girls in the locker room that they are a great team, the girls cheered and clapped but they all looked at Jenna. Bad editing, I guess, but I'm curious as to what Kelli said about Jenna. Maybe she was the game day girl or something.

15 hours ago, TobyBelle said:

Just went back and watched episode 2. It was Maggie who Brenda didn't like and said "I think Jay had his hand up". Jay said " Her dance routine left me standing and waiting; I was waiting for more".

In that same scene Judy said about Yuko's solo "It was good but it wasn't great". She didn't see her as a shoo in. Anthony Ramos thought Tasha was a hot mess. Kristie loved Madeline and Amy. The top 3 FV girls were Madeline, Kylee, and Jackie.

I don't think Shelbi's solo was shown because she and Amy had the same outfit on.

Also the scene with Kelli calling names for TC: The editing was so bad I've observed:.  

Kelli says there's 5 last names and I only see her call out two (Kelsey and Amy).

Selina is sitting next to Kelsey then when Kelsey is called Selina is not there.

Simone is next to Amy and when Amy is called Simone is not there. 

Edited by MrsEVH

Darn, that's the end (homage to Schoolhouse Rock).

Amy had a good run, but I never saw her as a DCC - those shorter legs just didn't work for me (although her kicks have greatly improved). Speaking of Amy, I just watched the first episode of Season 7, which would have been her first time trying out. Boy did she look a hot mess. She came a long way baby! And I saw Hannah, as in got cut during training camp second year for weight gain Hannah, at the auditions! I hadn't noticed her before and I wonder why she didn't make the team then because she sure was fierce when she tried out the next year.

I remember last season when Madeline was the topic of discussion during panel, with the one judge talking about a makeover wasn't going to change her looks, and K stating that she was glad that HE said it because she sure wouldn't have). I was thinking the same thing at the time, but they sure proved us wrong! #TeamMakeover. And how crazy is it that someone who didn't even make the team last year gets into ShowGroup?  #HowYaLikeMeNow

And even though K&J use the same phrases over and over each season, I have to remember that not everyone has been watching since season one (I sure haven't) . So I'm sure that for many, many people, this was their first time hearing the phrases. Heck, I didn't even know there were forums for MTT (or other cheer stuff too apparently) until a few months ago. 

Edited by exitstageleft

I really enjoyed the finale.  Seemed like they showed a lot more about the rookies chosen as compared to previous seasons.   It was a very full episode.  I agree they should extend the MTT season.   I sure didn't miss the squad photo shoot (and I saw CMT had a bonus video of it) but I would like to see the calendar shoot and a special half-time performance.  They should make a new series of NFL cheerleaders footage as seen from the sidelines on gamedays.   You don't get to see them on TV during the live football games.   They could show other popular squads as well.    It might even get more viewers than MTT.

15 hours ago, iloveit said:

I think it is awesome that Tasha's husband supports her going to training camp and taking care of their daughter for six weeks.  In a lifetime, six weeks is not much and Tasha is a stay at home mom so she is spending a lot of time with her daughter anyway. 

Like evryone else, so sad for Amy. I almost didn't want to watch this episode because I knew she was getting cut and I didn't want to see. I bet that was one of the hardest cuts they have ever made. I think Kelli was trying not to cry.

I like Milan's lighter hair. She seems very mature for 18!

I thought Allie looked great! 

I can't believe they never once interviewed or featured Selina in the seasons theme of the comeback girl.

I totally agree with this. Considering Selina actually made the team this year, I would much rather have seen her over girls that got cut.

I agree that Tasha needs to grow up.  She has a child now and that should be her first priority.  I am never impressed with those who dump their children on their parents and/ or husband to make a team. All those hours of practice would have been better spent with her child.  I might see it differently if she lived in town even then though people choose to be parents and sometimes that means you don't have time for something that is clearly just all about your own ego.  

Amy's cut made me cry,. Glad she made a team but she had to move to do that.  Kendall was struggling.  So was Kelsey but for some reason they wanted her in the team.  Yuko I will never understand.  She's inconsistent and keeps getting a pass.

i don't like Meliisa Ry as a blonde.  I do still love her and think she gives specific points vs Judy just screaming it's messy or wrong.  

Im in the fence in the calling out of the weight.  It became so painful and so ridiculous but a lot of those vets are not looking their best.  

Hope this show continues.

Kelli said they kept Kelsey because she is teachable. She said something similar when Ashley Pro and Breelan made the squad and they both were cut the next season. I hope that doesn't happen to Kelsey. IMO there had to be someone higher up than Kelli who wanted Yuko on the squad and overruled her. Charlotte really liked Yuko so maybe it was her.

On 10/14/2016 at 10:39 PM, Ninamags said:

Why didn't Mary audition this year? She still stunning. 

Not sure if someone already answered your question, I'm pretty sure it's because she got married this year.

4 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Amy said she was done trying out after 5 years and not making it but I have a feeling she will change her mind and try out AGAIN like she did this year.

She's a cheerleader for the Warriors now

37 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's a cheerleader for the Warriors now

Right, but I think after this year she will go back to Dallas to try again, no?

Just now, missmansfield said:

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

The NBA playoffs go through June. Presuming the Warriors go to the playoffs (which is a pretty safe assumption) she'd have to quit during the most exciting period of the season and go back to Dallas to audition.