Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CoolWhipLite

Coronation Street

Just finished today's episode and I have a headache because I cried so much.  

• Like 1

This is mean, but I kinda enjoyed Tracy and Sally laying into Bethany, both because it was good to see classic Tracy ("What do you care, bitch") and Sally subtly referring to what happened with Kevin and Molly was a nice touch.

Gail's hair was looking very "Charlie's Angels".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1

I saw a clip on Twitter of Gail talking to Bethany, and her bangs are so long that they were catching on her eyelashes. That would drive me bonkers!

• Like 2

I must be made of stone these days, because I didn’t shed a single tear. I cry at all sorts in soaps normally-Ken’s speech when he found out sinead had weeks to live had me bawling my eyes out-but I just didn’t like the way sineads actual death was filmed. Nobody looked that distraught, least of all her own mother. 

1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I must be made of stone these days, because I didn’t shed a single tear. I cry at all sorts in soaps normally-Ken’s speech when he found out sinead had weeks to live had me bawling my eyes out-but I just didn’t like the way sineads actual death was filmed. Nobody looked that distraught, least of all her own mother. 

For some reason, I lost it when Billy was talking to Sinead.  A 25 yr. oldt handing a vicar a paper with her funeral plans was too much for me.   I  thought there were plenty of distraught people.  Daniel and Beth were a mess.  And poor Chesney.   Even Tracy.  

• Like 1

This storyline has made me despise Bethany though. What a terrible idea to bring her into it.

22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is mean, but I kinda enjoyed Tracy and Sally laying into Bethany, both because it was good to see classic Tracy ("What do you care, bitch") and Sally subtly referring to what happened with Kevin and Molly was a nice touch.

Gail's hair was looking very "Charlie's Angels".

It was nice to sally again it feels like it's been months. I might agree with you about Sally but sally has been a big ol' cheater herself.  I didn't mind Tracy because as you said classic Tracy. Tracy also has never pretended to be a saint,  Sally on the other hand🤨

2 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Nobody looked that distraught, least of all her own mother. 

That was a tough spot narratively for the show, because of course you have to have Sinead's mother there, but we as an audience aren't really invested in her because she's not a main character.  But - and I don't know the ins and outs of the history - I kinda felt for her when Sinead was talking to Beth and it seemed to dawn on the mom that Sinead basically saw Beth as a mom too, and maybe a better one.

25 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

It was nice to sally again it feels like it's been months. I might agree with you about Sally but sally has been a big ol' cheater herself.

A big ol' cheater indeed lol!  But it kinda made sense in this specific instance, with the wife ill of cancer as she was during/right after Kevin and Molly's affair.  And that really was the end of her and Kevin, at least so far.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That was a tough spot narratively for the show, because of course you have to have Sinead's mother there, but we as an audience aren't really invested in her because she's not a main character.  But - and I don't know the ins and outs of the history - I kinda felt for her when Sinead was talking to Beth and it seemed to dawn on the mom that Sinead basically saw Beth as a mom too, and maybe a better one.

A big ol' cheater indeed lol!  But it kinda made sense in this specific instance, with the wife ill of cancer as she was during/right after Kevin and Molly's affair.  And that really was the end of her and Kevin, at least so far.

I have been watching old episodes on YouTube but haven't gotten to the Kevin and Molly episodes yet. As I said it was nice to see Sally again.  Hopefully more characters resurface. Sinaed storyline was done beautifully but I'd like to see more of the other characters Roy, Steve, Liz, Eileen, Roy ect.

My cable company has lost its connection to the CBC satellite so I haven't seen any Corrie for a month.  The last scene I watched has Beth notice a lump on Sinead's neck. Sounds like I am missing a whole tragic death plotline. Poor Bertie. Poor Daniel (though I often can't stand him).  

29 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

My cable company has lost its connection to the CBC satellite so I haven't seen any Corrie for a month.  The last scene I watched has Beth notice a lump on Sinead's neck. Sounds like I am missing a whole tragic death plotline. Poor Bertie. Poor Daniel (though I often can't stand him).  

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (it’s late and I’m tired 😄), but are you in Canada? If so, you can watch the eps on the CBC website or the Gem app - they have the last 30 days’ worth of episodes. Unfortunately, if you’re not in Canada,  Gem is geoblocked.

Thank God for Britbox.  Used to watch on Hulu, but they're at least 2 weeks behind.  Wish Britbox carried Hollyoaks so I'd be up to date.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Thank God for Britbox.  Used to watch on Hulu, but they're at least 2 weeks behind.  Wish Britbox carried Hollyoaks so I'd be up to date.   

Yes! That's why I subscribed to britbox.  On time corrie  😄. I love all the other shows including all the midsomer murders seasons. But I'd pay just to be update on corrie 😄

I would like to get Britbox, but I already subscribe to Netflix and I’m seriously considering getting the new Disney streaming service solely for the Marvel content 😄

I hated seeing  Sinead, find what Bethenny  had written. I hurt for Sinead, and felt so very sad.The acting between Sinead and Daniel is pretty damned good. 

On 10/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Capricasix said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (it’s late and I’m tired 😄), but are you in Canada? If so, you can watch the eps on the CBC website or the Gem app - they have the last 30 days’ worth of episodes. Unfortunately, if you’re not in Canada,  Gem is geoblocked.

Nope, I live in a border state.  BUT I just checked and it's back up!  I have missed a whole bunch of plot, but I guess I'll be able to figure it out (and ask all you wonderful Corrie lovers for some background if that's not too obnoxious of me).

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, Chas411 said:

This storyline has made me despise Bethany though. What a terrible idea to bring her into it.

I have no time for her, I hope she leaves the show.

Following up the powerful Sinead stuff with a week of wacky Gemma was a mistake, IMO.  This quad storyline has been a big ol' miss.

I haven't minded the quad's birth story, tbh, at least not as much as I expected to. The bit that really bugs me is...well, they've given the four babies Welsh names, in honour of the medical team that helped deliver them, which is fair enough, and three out of the four names are simple enough that they'd be hard to get wrong, which is okay, but the fourth...

Okay, baby number 4 is called Llio, according to the closed captioning, and that certainly is a lovely Welsh name, true to their statement that they were giving the babies Welsh names. But they are mispronouncing the name as Cleo, every single time, and it really, really grates. If you are going to give your child a name from a language and culture that isn't your own, the very least you can do is make sure you know how to pronounce it properly! And if you can't, well then you should pick a different name! 

Is the double L like a “th” sound? Oh no, I’m wrong, I think - the “th” sound is the double D, isn’t it?

I will just say that I fell in love with Wales after reading (and rereading, several times) Sharon Kay Penman’s Welsh trilogy of historical fiction, and frequently think about which actors would be ideal choices to play Llywelyns Fawr and ap Gruffydd! 

Robert and all his lies. I hate this storyline, mostly because it's gone on way too long. It's not even an exciting story, it's boring Robert. who cares 😂? Vicky doesn't seem like the type of woman who would never want to go to her boyfriend's apartment or visit his restaurant.  At this point she wouldn't give a toss about Michelle and her feelings.  I might find it believable if Vicki knew Michelle and Robert were still together.  And was making Robert jump through hoops. That might be a better storyline.  With what's going now both women look blind and stupid and Robert dosen't seem into either he just likes driving around and quickly calling either woman and hanging up before getting caught.  I'm not sure why he's worried obviously Michelle and Vicki will only figure it out if both stumble into a room at the same time and even then🙄

Edited by Coffeewinewater

Can someone fill me in on why sadsack Ali dumped Maria? I mean, they are the only two young adults with any kind of ambition and higher education (Ali, anyway).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Can someone fill me in on why sadsack Ali dumped Maria? I mean, they are the only two young adults with any kind of ambition and higher education (Ali, anyway).

He had started using again and nodded off while watching Maria's son. I think the boy burned a pizza in the oven. Anyway everyone was pretty pissed at Ali and he thought best to finish with her while he was still struggling with his addiction.  He didn't bother to explain why he was breaking up with her. That was a mistake imo.

I think it was the right thing to do. I think now that he's again straightened him self out he wishes he hadn't dumped her, so quickly. Of course Maria is to quick to move on 😄. I swear I watched one episode where Ali finished with her and she was already dating Gary the next. She moves on fast😉

I'm wondering if Emma and Ali might get together down the road. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater

I always thought that was a weird pairing, Ali and Maria.  Yes, he wasn't really around when he was young because of the baby swap, but...she's kind of his aunt lol.   Maybe because I've seen scenes of her and Liam 1.0 being parental with Ryan, who is Ali's exact age.  It's weird!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

she's kind of his aunt lol.

Yes!!! This is exactly how I feel! Shes the widow of his uncle, so for all intents and purposes she is his aunt by marriage-but then, Carla is also his aunt, and she had a brief fling with him too-plus it transpired that Carla is also the cousin of her dead husband and Liam who she had an affair with-basically the connors like to keep it in the family 😂

Thank! I didn't know Ali had used...I thought Ry un was the only addict in the family...well, except for the whole Connor Clan's addiction to disastrous plot lines!