Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My cable company has lost its connection to the CBC satellite so I haven't seen any Corrie for a month.  The last scene I watched has Beth notice a lump on Sinead's neck. Sounds like I am missing a whole tragic death plotline. Poor Bertie. Poor Daniel (though I often can't stand him).  

29 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

My cable company has lost its connection to the CBC satellite so I haven't seen any Corrie for a month.  The last scene I watched has Beth notice a lump on Sinead's neck. Sounds like I am missing a whole tragic death plotline. Poor Bertie. Poor Daniel (though I often can't stand him).  

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (it’s late and I’m tired 😄), but are you in Canada? If so, you can watch the eps on the CBC website or the Gem app - they have the last 30 days’ worth of episodes. Unfortunately, if you’re not in Canada,  Gem is geoblocked.

3 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Thank God for Britbox.  Used to watch on Hulu, but they're at least 2 weeks behind.  Wish Britbox carried Hollyoaks so I'd be up to date.   

Yes! That's why I subscribed to britbox.  On time corrie  😄. I love all the other shows including all the midsomer murders seasons. But I'd pay just to be update on corrie 😄

On 10/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Capricasix said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (it’s late and I’m tired 😄), but are you in Canada? If so, you can watch the eps on the CBC website or the Gem app - they have the last 30 days’ worth of episodes. Unfortunately, if you’re not in Canada,  Gem is geoblocked.

Nope, I live in a border state.  BUT I just checked and it's back up!  I have missed a whole bunch of plot, but I guess I'll be able to figure it out (and ask all you wonderful Corrie lovers for some background if that's not too obnoxious of me).

• Love 1

I haven't minded the quad's birth story, tbh, at least not as much as I expected to. The bit that really bugs me is...well, they've given the four babies Welsh names, in honour of the medical team that helped deliver them, which is fair enough, and three out of the four names are simple enough that they'd be hard to get wrong, which is okay, but the fourth...

Okay, baby number 4 is called Llio, according to the closed captioning, and that certainly is a lovely Welsh name, true to their statement that they were giving the babies Welsh names. But they are mispronouncing the name as Cleo, every single time, and it really, really grates. If you are going to give your child a name from a language and culture that isn't your own, the very least you can do is make sure you know how to pronounce it properly! And if you can't, well then you should pick a different name! 

I will just say that I fell in love with Wales after reading (and rereading, several times) Sharon Kay Penman’s Welsh trilogy of historical fiction, and frequently think about which actors would be ideal choices to play Llywelyns Fawr and ap Gruffydd! 

Robert and all his lies. I hate this storyline, mostly because it's gone on way too long. It's not even an exciting story, it's boring Robert. who cares 😂? Vicky doesn't seem like the type of woman who would never want to go to her boyfriend's apartment or visit his restaurant.  At this point she wouldn't give a toss about Michelle and her feelings.  I might find it believable if Vicki knew Michelle and Robert were still together.  And was making Robert jump through hoops. That might be a better storyline.  With what's going now both women look blind and stupid and Robert dosen't seem into either he just likes driving around and quickly calling either woman and hanging up before getting caught.  I'm not sure why he's worried obviously Michelle and Vicki will only figure it out if both stumble into a room at the same time and even then🙄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
4 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Can someone fill me in on why sadsack Ali dumped Maria? I mean, they are the only two young adults with any kind of ambition and higher education (Ali, anyway).

He had started using again and nodded off while watching Maria's son. I think the boy burned a pizza in the oven. Anyway everyone was pretty pissed at Ali and he thought best to finish with her while he was still struggling with his addiction.  He didn't bother to explain why he was breaking up with her. That was a mistake imo.

I think it was the right thing to do. I think now that he's again straightened him self out he wishes he hadn't dumped her, so quickly. Of course Maria is to quick to move on 😄. I swear I watched one episode where Ali finished with her and she was already dating Gary the next. She moves on fast😉

I'm wondering if Emma and Ali might get together down the road. 

I always thought that was a weird pairing, Ali and Maria.  Yes, he wasn't really around when he was young because of the baby swap, but...she's kind of his aunt lol.   Maybe because I've seen scenes of her and Liam 1.0 being parental with Ryan, who is Ali's exact age.  It's weird!

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

she's kind of his aunt lol.

Yes!!! This is exactly how I feel! Shes the widow of his uncle, so for all intents and purposes she is his aunt by marriage-but then, Carla is also his aunt, and she had a brief fling with him too-plus it transpired that Carla is also the cousin of her dead husband and Liam who she had an affair with-basically the connors like to keep it in the family 😂

• Love 1

Tracy mentioned something about Leanne sleeping with Tracy's husband (as if it happened while S &T were married.) What husband is Tracy referring to? Steve was with Michelle when Leanne got pregnant, right?

Didn’t Leanne sleep with Steve right before he and Tracy got married? Leanne is the worst. At least Tracy is always called out on what a terrible person she is. Leanne never gets called out on anything despite doing some crappy things in her time.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Didn’t Leanne sleep with Steve right before he and Tracy got married? Leanne is the worst. At least Tracy is always called out on what a terrible person she is. Leanne never gets called out on anything despite doing some crappy things in her time.

Did she? I can't keep up with Steve's many relationship hiccups  😉

Ok, it is coming back to me. Thank you for reminding me.

I would really like for Tyrone and Fiz to acknowledge that Evelyn was absolutely right about Jade all along.  I know it's a little petty ,😁

2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Leanne never gets called out on anything despite doing some crappy things in her time.

This 👆🏻 And also I’m fed up of Leanne (and Maria and fiz) surviving every murder spree or catastrophe in the street 😂 I can’t bear any of them.

25 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I would really like for Tyrone and Fiz to acknowledge that Evelyn was absolutely right about Jade all along.  I know it's a little petty ,😁

I would also really like fiz, hope and jade to all bugger off back to Birmingham, permanently. They can take Geoff with them and hopefully be involved in yet another tram accident. 
it’s a good job I’m not a Corrie writer, I’d be disposing of more than 50% of the cast. 
To add to Chas’ answer, yes Steve slept with Leanne in the run up to the wedding because he thought he was being given a free pass to have ‘one last night of freedom’ 

• Love 1

Watching the clips from Rapist Josh: His Final Fury. I kind of feel like they already perfectly wrapped up the story with David leaving a blind Josh to wander the streets alone but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they couldn't resist having Prison David run into Josh. I hope this means that David finally has his closure as Rapist Josh will be in prison for 15 years.

I kind of feel bad for Ryan Clayton because I think he's actually really good but it doesn't look like he's getting any other work besides Coronation Street. Can't he play like an abusive boyfriend to Ste on Hollyoaks or something?

Also, I don't want to be mean, but dammmnnnn Ben Price got old. I guess we all do but I still picture him as Not David Beckham on Footballer Wives so it's jarring.

Nick usually bores me to sleep. However last week ( I think it was last week) he and Sarah were in the bistro and he kept sniping at Faye had me giggling.  He was making faces and sounded like a bratty brother towards Faye. I don't know why the actor played it like that, maybe it was supposed to be a grouchy Nick but it was pretty funny. You have to grab a laugh where you can on corrie these days. 

46 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

@Coffeewinewater she was vile wasn’t she 😂 I never thought I’d see the day where I actually like Tracy, but now I genuinely do. I’ve hated her for years, but she’s mellowed and become comical recently 

Yes, I enjoy current Tracy as well. I've watched since 2013ish. Tracy has grown on me. I enjoy watching her and Mary and Steve.

But yes old Tracy was absolutely disgusting. 

Watching old episodes on YouTube is interesting.  Some characters have changed so much. Some for the better and some not. Gail comes to mind. She's currently nothing like the Gail of years ago. Maria on the other hand has not changed. She's as boring in the 2007 episodes I'm watching as she is current episodes. Even her affair with Charlie stubbs was a snoozer 😄. She started out boring when she first appeared on the street. And has stayed consistent. I'm surprised she's lasted so long on corrie. 

5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She's currently nothing like the Gail of years ago. Maria on the other hand has not changed. She's as boring in the 2007 episodes I'm watching as she is current episodes. Even her affair with Charlie stubbs was a snoozer 😄. She started out boring when she first appeared on the street. And has stayed consistent. I'm surprised she's lasted so long on corrie. 

Yes, all of this! Try and find some of Gail from the 90s, she was quite a sassy, strict mum back then, now she’s a complete dope. She flutters around with her head in the clouds not knowing which way is up. I can’t stand Maria, aside from being a truly terrible actress, the character has done nothing other than sleep her way around the street with a ‘girl next door image’ 

if you watch episodes from the late 90s onwards you’ll see the arrival of the battersbys, and see how much Leanne and toyah have changed. They were a really rough, chavvy family. Now Leanne stalks around like she’s queen of the middle classes

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Yes, all of this! Try and find some of Gail from the 90s, she was quite a sassy, strict mum back then, now she’s a complete dope. She flutters around with her head in the clouds not knowing which way is up. I can’t stand Maria, aside from being a truly terrible actress, the character has done nothing other than sleep her way around the street with a ‘girl next door image’ 

if you watch episodes from the late 90s onwards you’ll see the arrival of the battersbys, and see how much Leanne and toyah have changed. They were a really rough, chavvy family. Now Leanne stalks around like she’s queen of the middle classes

I will. I started watching the 1999 and on seasons on YouTube. I think once I catch up to 2013 about when I started watching corrie I'll go back and watch the 90's. I've had a few people tell me about those episodes. 

13 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Now Leanne stalks around like she’s queen of the middle classes

She too me has turned out the worst. She used to be a total bad girl but with a bit of a heart somewhere. Now she’s just a stuck up arsehole with zero sense of self awareness. And such a moan. At least Sally’s snobbery is played for laughs. Leanne is just awful.

• LOL 2
On 1/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, Chas411 said:

Now she’s just a stuck up arsehole

😂😂 isn’t she just! That narky face she pulls at people all the time, makes my fingers twitch 😂 

I love Sally now, when she first started being snobby she was unbearable, but Tim brought out the comical side to it and she’s mellowed so much. 

Edited by Tallulah7606
Autocorrect is the enemy
  • Love 1

@Coffeewinewater yep, seems like it is Geoff solely running the place. I hate that they’ve given Alya such a frequently filmed place to manage-I can’t bear her and her smugness. Terrible actress, terrible character-as is much of the Corrie cast these days.....

speaking of Geoff, this ridiculous storyline has been going on for far too long now and there’s still no end in sight!! 

if I was given the chance of writing for Corrie I’d kill off (in no particular order) fizz, Geoff, Gemma, Leanne, Maria, alya, Tim’s bimbo ‘wife’ and the new guy who bought the bistro. Then I’d bring back Norris full time

I finally understand some people's dislike of Michelle Connor.  As you know I'm watching old episodes.  Omg! why did  Michelle and Steve ever become a couple? From the start she didn't seem that into him and now as a couple (January 2008) she seems always pissed at him or at the very least annoyed with him. 

Karen with all her faults seemed to love Steve.  Even crazy Tracy seemed really into him.  I haven't watched Becky and Steve relationship yet. I'm looking forward to it, as I'm enjoying Becky. 

I'd kill off Geoff, he's awful.

I'm still watching the current episodes but they're pretty boring.  I'm  not sure if I mentioned it on here before but what the hell is going on with the show? The scenes are so empty.  The Rovers always seems completely empty. No one is on the street except the main characters. Hire some background actors corrie!

9 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't watched Becky and Steve relationship yet. I'm looking forward to it, as I'm enjoying Becky

Oh I LOVED Becky and Steve together! I loved Becky full stop-she was full on batshit crazy 😂 she’s the wife of Steve’s that I miss the most. They were perfect together 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Oh I LOVED Becky and Steve together! I loved Becky full stop-she was full on batshit crazy 😂 she’s the wife of Steve’s that I miss the most. They were perfect together 

She does crack me up. I love her protectiveness of Haley and Roy. I'm at the point where it looks like she's getting close to Jason. 

And Vera just died 😥

On 1/31/2020 at 12:42 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

And Vera just died 😥

Vera dying was so sad, but that’s not the saddest death, trust me. Two years after Vera there was a death that utterly broke my heart 😭 
you’ve got so many good episodes to come!! I’m kind of jealous that you’re watching the old ones for the first time. 
Wasn’t Carla stunning when the connors first came in! She’s gone kind of dowdy these days (or maybe she’s just grown up 😂

• Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 9:32 PM, Tallulah7606 said:

Vera dying was so sad, but that’s not the saddest death, trust me. Two years after Vera there was a death that utterly broke my heart 😭 
you’ve got so many good episodes to come!! I’m kind of jealous that you’re watching the old ones for the first time. 
Wasn’t Carla stunning when the connors first came in! She’s gone kind of dowdy these days (or maybe she’s just grown up 😂

It's interesting watching characters like David.  I really like David currently. But holy hell he was a terror to Gail and everyone around him.

Carla was absolutely stunning. Everything about her was stunning, hair face, body clothes.

The death you're referring to is it Ashley's or Jack's? I've read about all the characters. So I know about most of the outcomes both deaths are probably so sad.

I'll probably tear up for both deaths, unlike Wooden Maria who can't seem to shed a tear for the stillborn baby. 

4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The death you're referring to is it Ashley's or Jack's? I've read about all the characters. So I know about most of the outcomes both deaths are probably so sad.

I didn’t want to spoil anything for you, but yes it was Jacks 😭 it was just so beautifully done. To be honest, Ashley’s was really sad, but not a patch on jacks. Jack and Vera are two of my all time favourite Corrie characters. 

David was absolutely vile 😂 he gets so much worse before he gets better-oddly, I think Kylie was his turning point, and considering that she was a druggie that abandoned her son, that’s quite incredible. 

if you went further back, you’d see Deidre Barlow imprisoned because of a conman, made all the national headlines here-people we’re walking round in t shirts with the slogan “free the Weatherfield one” and they even discussed it in the Houses of Parliament 😂 mind you, that just shows what an utterly useless prime minister tony Blair was, If coronation street was more important than world events 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I didn’t want to spoil anything for you, but yes it was Jacks 😭 it was just so beautifully done. To be honest, Ashley’s was really sad, but not a patch on jacks. Jack and Vera are two of my all time favourite Corrie characters. 

David was absolutely vile 😂 he gets so much worse before he gets better-oddly, I think Kylie was his turning point, and considering that she was a druggie that abandoned her son, that’s quite incredible. 

if you went further back, you’d see Deidre Barlow imprisoned because of a conman, made all the national headlines here-people we’re walking round in t shirts with the slogan “free the Weatherfield one” and they even discussed it in the Houses of Parliament 😂 mind you, that just shows what an utterly useless prime minister tony Blair was, If coronation street was more important than world events 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh that's so interesting about deidre.  I'll definitely look into it.

Oh I sort assumed it was Jack, as I read vera makes a comeback visit. 🙁

What I find interesting/annoying is that we often don't get throw back references.  Toya and Fizz being great mates. It took some time but they eventually really were friends. Now you wouldn't think they knew each other.

22 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What I find interesting/annoying is that we often don't get throw back references.  Toya and Fizz being great mates. It took some time but they eventually really were friends. Now you wouldn't think they knew each other.

You’re right, they’re never even in the same scenes. At one point, Leanne and fiz were stepsisters (les battersby married fiz’s mum. Leanne and toyah aren’t actually sisters, they were stepsisters when Janice and les were married, they divorced years ago) but the two have never acknowledged it that I can remember. 

maria and Toyah were best mates and flat mates at one time, but then Maria had an affair with toyahs boyfriend years and years ago, and they never spoke again either 

• Love 1

I loved Friday's episode.  Great seeing all these women we almost never see. Mary and Eileen I can't remember the last time I saw them. 

Carla has really changed so much. I like her relationship with Roy. I just wish she had more of storyline.  Sean going back to Eileen's was nice. Seb is living with Emma? Uh, she can do better. 

Who lives in the house that Emily and Norris lived in? Mary is living at Eileen's,  when did that happen?

I used to able to keep track of who lived where. Maybe it's because I watch old and current episodes,  I'm confused 😁

13 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Who lives in the house that Emily and Norris lived in? Mary is living at Eileen's,  when did that happen?

The new family live there now, Mary moved in with Eileen when she had to leave Devs due to the twins being too old to share a room anymore. (They were too old about 10 years ago in reality 😂

my favourite scene in fridays episode was all the old voices when Rita was reminiscing in the rovers, brought nostalgic tears to my eyes. Bet Lynch is my absolute favourite Corrie character ever. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

The new family live there now, Mary moved in with Eileen when she had to leave Devs due to the twins being too old to share a room anymore. (They were too old about 10 years ago in reality 😂

my favourite scene in fridays episode was all the old voices when Rita was reminiscing in the rovers, brought nostalgic tears to my eyes. Bet Lynch is my absolute favourite Corrie character ever. 

Oh that's right. I forget about the new family, probably because I sometimes ff through their scenes. So they live in E&N's house. It looks so different but now I remember the hole in the wall looking into Ken's 😁. And yes I also now remember Mary did leave  because Dev's kids wanted their own room....right 10 years late lol.

It is interesting that the writers did this episode. Maybe they are getting a lot feedback about how much people miss and love old corrie and need some touchback, sometimes. 

I did that song stuck in my head all day yesterday.  🎶Dont rock the boat baby 🎶

5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I did that song stuck in my head all day yesterday.  🎶Dont rock the boat baby 🎶

LOVE that song 😂 I was singing away through my tears 😂

the scene where Dennis’ ashes get smashed all over the road had me laughing my head off, Rita’s face was an absolute picture 😂

• LOL 1

Screenshot_20200216-161741_YouTube.thumb.jpg.d1902445428aaf0fc4d693b389fc52d4.jpgScreenshot_20200216-155733_YouTube.thumb.jpg.41ffd869009f1b051ff337bb5b0576fd.jpg

I'm almost done with 2008. Christmas is over. Sadly Maria seems insane to everyone even though she's right Tony had Liam killed. However this made me laugh so hard. Maria painting Murderer on Underworld doors. Norris Emily and Becky looking on and Norris pointing out she misspelled it 😄. The back forth between he and Becky, hilarious.  Meanwhile Audrey is trying to talk down a crazed Maria.

Aww Becky fixed it. ❤😁

On 2/21/2020 at 12:37 PM, Jenniferbug said:

How soon do the new episodes turn up on BritBox?

I get new episodes after 4 Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I just looked this weeks are there. 17th 2 episodes 19th 2 episodes 21st only one episode but its 45mins. I haven't watched yet. Probably tomorrow. 

• Useful 1

June 2009, ugh Fiz and her constant whining to see "her John". Did the writers really think people wanted more John Stape and Fiz?

I notice people complain about Fiz alot (Facebook) I absolutely believe she changed for the worse with the introduction of JS. And I'm seeing  it on full display in the episodes I'm watching. The whining and crying about why Rosie went to see him (John gave Rosie (150,000 pounds yeah I was like wtf?).