Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I second that emotion.  Oy, vey.

And who in the hell is the father? Craig?

No, a lad named Jackson from school, who hasn't been seen on-screen. Craig mentioned him on Friday, saying he'd heard the rumours. If Craig had slept with Faye he wouldn't have been so tentative asking if she could be pregnant - he'd have known it was possible! Poor kid.

Delivery man to Julie "Mr. Alahan?"

Julie "Do I look like I could possibly be Mr. Alahan?"

Delivery Man "I did a course, we was taught not to judge."

Sometimes, but rarely, this show still tickles my funny bone.

• Love 2

Jimi Mistry recently announced he was leaving the show in the next few months. I wouldn't mind if the rest of the family went with him.

Welcome back Sarah without the Lou. I've missed you. I'm not looking forward to the endless bickering between her and David resume but I am liking the relationship between her and Beth.

I did hear that Jimi Mistry (Kal) is leaving.  I wish his character had been explored a little bit more, but thems the breaks. I too think the rest of the family can go too.  The only one that I think has some potential is the son, whose name I can't even remember right now, so ...uh,yeah.

Bethany is a little much for me.  Too much, too much.

Haven't really rated the character of Fay, or the actress who portrays her, but she did ok with the labor scene.  Will be interesting to see how the storyline progresses. 

I really am hating Anna lately. Firstly, she clearly is just doesn't love Owen and instead of just ending things she keeps passive agressively attacking him all the time. I'm no Owen fan but jeez, give the guy a break. Also, I feel like her wanting to keep the baby is going to be more about her then it is about what's best for Faye..

I really am hating Anna lately. Firstly, she clearly is just doesn't love Owen and instead of just ending things she keeps passive agressively attacking him all the time. I'm no Owen fan but jeez, give the guy a break. Also, I feel like her wanting to keep the baby is going to be more about her then it is about what's best for Faye..

I'd agree but then again, they are fairly "skint" as they say, so maybe she's staying with him out of necessity but it's taking a big emotional toll. I did feel sorry for him when they were celebrating his new job and she clearly wanted no part of staying home alone with him for sexy time, on a rare childless night. That said, I absolutely can't stand Owen and would have ditched him as quickly as possible.

Finding the Faye plot to be extremely strange. Do 12-year-old girls really get pregnant in this day and age, if they are in the developed world? Did Faye completely miss all the sex education classes she must have endured in school, not to mention that Katie also had an early pregnancy. It doesn't help that Faye is completely annoying. And the actress playing her doesn't strike me as in the least bit talented. The labour scenes were ridiculous. Oh Coronation Street. I fear my newly minted love for you is becoming....tarnished. Just too many annoying characters. Not enough focus on the ones that I do like.

• Love 1

ITA about Faye, Owen & just about everything Windass can get off my tv screen forever.

I do, however, like the way they have developed Craig - I really had no use for him when he was first introduced, but the character has gotten some fairly decent development & the actor seems to be growing into his craft (unlike adorable little Simon who is the same wooden boy he's been since the get go). I was, however, of the opinion that Faye was a bit more than 12 - but I can't remember how I got that impression. Haven't like the little snot since she first showed up. I'm just imagining the part of the storyline that's going to assume that Craig is daddy and drag that crap out forever, even though it can be easily and quickly disproven.

Tracy Barlow is another who could disappear into the fog without being any loss at all to the street or the story....I have an evil little wish that she'll get fed up with Tony continually hitting on her, bash him over the head with something deadly & end up going back to prison where she belongs.

• Love 1

I actually like Tracy, think she has some of the funniest lines. Also enjoying the affair with Tony - the two of them seem to really enjoying the sniping. A little bit more realistic than his relationship with Liz, I'd think.

• Love 1

As much as I am quite happy to see Owen go, I gotta say the actor absolutely nailed it regarding Owen's devastation when Anna very calmly agreed he should go and went off with the baby.  And, this makes the Anna/Tim setup I was speculating over just about a dead certainty. Sally's gonna have a field day with that combo. The little scene toward the end of the episode, with Carla & Nick getting cosy was a fair stomach turner for me. Surely she deserves better than ANOTHER one of Leeann's cast offs!. I didn't like Carla at all during the days when Paul Connor was alive and running things a Underworld, but she has grown on me.  At least Nick seems to have shaved.

Carla has grown on me too but so has Nick so while I couldn't see them lasting long term I wouldn't mind seeing them enjoying each other's company for a little while.

I really like Tracy as a character so I'm not looking forward to the usual ~Tracey hatches an evil scheme that blows up in her face and everyone laughs and Hates her ~ direction her storyline is taking with Tony. I actually quite like he and Tracey together and can see why he's so annoyed by Liz and Steve but I don't buy him suddenly being so stupid as to get involved with this scheme. I also didn't think he'd be so callous..

Can David please just get one up on Callum for once. I can't watch another episode of him being stomped all over by everyone.

I'd say Callim is going to drop Sarah the minute Kylie returns.

I won't miss Kal but I hope his mother sticks around( The rest of them and especially Alyah can GTFO for all I care). She's actually a fairly classic Corrie Matriarch a little on the dry side but very funny all the same. I can't get over how well their actually doing with her character lately. She is just another tough mouthy Corrie mother who happens to be Pakistani. Maybe its just all the American tv we get up here in Canada but for an Asian woman especially a Muslim that's incredibly rare.

Also Leanne on a rampage against Tony was awesome. Leanne on a rampage is always awesome.  I'm interested in how Kal ends up leaving.

I wonder if Peter's return plays into that at all. Despite everything Peter has done I still think those two character were both at their best when they were together.

Carla has grown on me too but so has Nick so while I couldn't see them lasting long term I wouldn't mind seeing them enjoying each other's company for a little while.

Every time those two are together I remember that Nick called Carla "Everest : icy wouldn't want to live there" when he quit at Underworld (Easily my favorite Nick line ever not that that is saying much). Oh well I don't mind when soaps combine to of my least favourite characters. It just makes it easier on my fast forward button.

The worst part of all the David drama is you just know its all going to be for nothing when Kylie comes back. Although the way TPTB are schilling Callum I wonder if he won't hang around like a bad smell. As long as the junior Platts get back together again in the end I will tolerate the idiocy. 

Also irritating is Sarah she was never Einstein but she not stupid enough to go out with Callum and I'm seriously annoyed they brought her back with out  any story of her own. I do like watching her scenes with David though you can see how long the actors have worked together and that they all glad to be back together regardless of the drama. Even when their insulting each other there is an affection between Sarah and David. I suppose given that Jack Shepard was all of 10 when he started on the show Tina O'Brien probably feels like his sister more than anything else.

Ugh I cAn call it now that no matter what happens when Kylie returns she'll end up having an affair with Callum and then we'll have more months of watching her moan, fight and tell everyone it's not her fault...

Yes, that sounds plausible. Blackburn will be keen to carry on his ruination of the Kylie character, who prior to his arrival was maturing into a sensible young woman realising what potential she had.

Am I the only one that feels like it will come to light at some point that Callum isn't Max's birth father? It's an easy way to get rid of him at some point when Kylie re-appears. 

Also I feel like I missed something why is Jenny so intent on kidnapping Jack? What is her connection to him? 

Even when their insulting each other there is an affection between Sarah and David. I suppose given that Jack Shepard was all of 10 when he started on the show Tina O'Brien probably feels like his sister more than anything else.

Also they played siblings in Clocking Off before they were on Corrie. Actually they played Sarah Lancashire's kids. 

Aside from watching David get repeatedly kicked around by Callum the other worst thing about this storyline is how unlikeable Sarah is coming across. Was she always this stupid? I used to really like her and although her and David hated each other at times I didn't think she'd have it in her to betray her whole family like that. She just comes off as such a moron in the storyline.

My current fanwank about Sarah is that she feels for Callum because her own bio Dad died when she was too young to really remember him. Sarah was basically raised by her stepdad Martin(just like David is raising Max).who despite whatever the show would tell you know was a really good Dad(The actor made the mistake of badmouthing the show on his way out the door so he was retconned into a dead beat.) Despite the fact that she actually had a decent father in Martin I think she still wishes she could have known her bio dad. Add to that the fact that Bethanny's Dad was both a deadbeat and died before Bethany could remember him I can see why Sarah empathizes  with Callum.

That doesn't fully explain her dating him especially since Sarah has always favored sweet boys she could push around. (Jason , pre London Todd, the dude who dumpster dived) My guess is she sees Callum as a fixer upper.

So, how do we think the truth about the fire will come out?  Because it will come out. 

My theory is that high end flats such as Victoria Court would have CCTV, that goes back to the management/security company, and some one (duh) will eventually think to look at the recordings and see Tracy coming and going. 

• Love 2

I actually had to mute Leanne going off on Carla about the fire at the flat. Everyone piling on Carla especially Tracey was just stomach turning. I can't see how the truth can ever come out. I mean a candle accidentally left burning is one thing , but if it's revealed that Tracey illegally entered and left a candle in a dangerous position isn't that like murder or manslaughter??? And I don't even know what happens with Maddie!! 

Kylie finally showed her face tonight. I can't imagine her thrown in with the winning combination of Sarah and Bethany at the Platts. How scary is it that David seems the most sensible person under that roof.

I actually had to mute Leanne going off on Carla about the fire at the flat. Everyone piling on Carla especially Tracey was just stomach turning. I can't see how the truth can ever come out. I mean a candle accidentally left burning is one thing , but if it's revealed that Tracey illegally entered and left a candle in a dangerous position isn't that like murder or manslaughter???

Heh Leanne laying into Carla was one of my favourite moments of the whole storyline.  Carla's deserved Leanne's wrath for a long time IMO. I don't think they would ever be able to prove Tracy left the candle burning. I can see them proving she was in the flat but all she would have to do is say the candle was burning when she left and when she got there and Carla would have no way to prove it. I suspect that's how TPTB will wriggle out of Tracy being charged with anything. Unless she confesses in front of witnesses they would never be able to make a charge stick. Especially since Carla's admitted to drinking. Although Corrie has never been one for legal logic, that's why Tracy came back in the first place. I doubt we will see a resolution of this until after Deirdre's funeral from how the TPTB are talking. I believe they're actually filming that now.

Alison King latest exit is sounding very open ended and like she might make it permanent (The complete lack of even a vague return date from the press release is glaring). If Carla isn't coming back we may never see Tracy get caught for this one. I suspect TPTBs current plan is to have that be the catalyst for Carla's eventual return if that happens.

Okay so I had a few thoughts because of Kal's funeral. First of all it occurred to me Kal may have been intended to be Peter light. That since his primary role was as love interest for Leanne TPTB thought giving him Peter's positive attributes (like loyalty, strength. sense of family and even a military background) but without the vices would make him Leanne's ideal man. Unfortunately Peter's vices were a big part of  what made him an interesting character so Kal instead of being a fitting replacement for Peter would up being flat out boring. TPTB never found a way to give Kal his own flaws so he wound up something of a Gary Stu.

Also If Alya and Zidan want to hurt Carla they could probably just sue her for wrongful death. Considering how many times she nearly lost the factory in the past few years that would probably be the final blow and then Kal's kids could own that place. More than anything that would hurt Carla.   I know in the US there have been cases where people have died in housefires after someone left a candle burning and people have sued. They would never be able to press charges in Kal's case because he knowingly went into a burning building but civil suits are a whole other game. You could definitely make a case as it stands(ie until the truth comes out about Tracy) that Carla's actions caused Kal's death. Since if she hadn't left the candle burning Kal wouldn't have run into the fire and lived. I suspect British courts are stricter than American ones so it might be different but that seems the most logical place to take things. It might even be good for Carla's character to see her humbled for a bit. Although knowing this show it will probably involve some zany scheme with forged checks and Alya impersonating Carla.

Also If Alya and Zidan want to hurt Carla they could probably just sue her for wrongful death. Considering how many times she nearly lost the factory in the past few years that would probably be the final blow and then Kal's kids could own that place.

Except that Carla's insurance company would respond to the suit, not Carla personally.  Her personal assets would never be in jeopardy. And the payout for 2 adult offspring who were not financially dependant on the deceased would be a pittance. 

I keep forgetting where I am in the story, because I watch it in Canada but also Youtube the British episodes, so I'm about a week ahead of the Canadian timeline.

Regardless, I'm hating the Dev and Julie storyline.  Julie is being a simpering twit, even worse than she has always been.  And Dev is being an ass, even worse than he has always been.  And I can't figure out Talisa; she's supposed to be some hot, young thing?  She looks 45 +. 

I absolutely loved the Platts with the family therapist.  Any time the Corrie cast "goes to a meeting", wacky hijinx are sure to ensue.  Another of my favorite scenes was when Peter Barlow had his family attend an AA meeting.  God, so funny!  In other news, I'm bored with the tortured Alya, tired of the menopause pregnancy (well, that resolved itself), and am intrigued by the Mysterious Kathy (? potential love interest for Roy).  What's her deal?  I can't wait to find out her secrets.  I am also relieved to see Miley go to a good home.  Watching Faye try to emote anything other than sullenness was sheer torture.

I wonder if we're going to get an eventual Alya pregnancy plot and that's why they're not letting it go. God I hope not, the actress is awful. Also, Sarah Lou is continuing her journey towards the shows most unlikeable character. What a moron.

If Ken wants to hate Tracey then I wish he'd just have it out with her once and for all. My heart broke a little for her last night while he made his scathing remarks at her. she's awful for the most part but way to kick her when she's down Ken. She looked so devastated.

If Ken wants to hate Tracey then I wish he'd just have it out with her once and for all. My heart broke a little for her last night while he made his scathing remarks at her. she's awful for the most part but way to kick her when she's down Ken. She looked so devastated.

Ken is one of the main reasons Tracy is the way she is so while its sad it not really surprising to me. Ken's temper is half the reason he's had so much trouble with his kids. He explodes and says awful things without thinking of the consequences. He does it with Peter too but they've also been able to have positive and honest conversations as well which helps. Ken also makes much more of an effort with Peter because of his own guilt but also I think because Peter is his biological son. (Despite his education and idealism Ken has always been an old school chauvinist  when it counts) All of which Tracy has seen and noted I'm sure.  Ken has rarely been able to actually talk to Tracy.  When it came to Tracy, Ken has pretty much been either distant or screaming at her and not a lot of in between.  Deidre spoiled her yes but Ken set her up for attention seeking  behavior since the only time he paid attention to her was when he was screaming at her. I mean Tracy is forty now so that excuse wears a little thin but I big part of the reason I like Tracy is because she does have a valid reason for being the way she is. Worst of all she has to what wonderful pillar of the community Ken when know one really sees he actually a remarkably shitty father(Some of the crap he pulled when she was kid borders on abusive). No one except Peter which is something they've bonded over more than once.

I did not feel a bit of sympathy for Tracey.  She's a murdering, scheming, lying psychopath who is raising her daughter to be just like her.  But just to be clear, I love her as a character!  She injects a whole lot of evil energy to this show that it badly needs.

I feel bad for her because the other two have been just as shitty at times yet they were using her mothers death to slate her and prop up themselves. It was annoying because while Tracey is awful theres a lot of other characters that have been just as selfish as her and aren't half as fun to watch.

I feel bad for her because the other two have been just as shitty at times yet they were using her mothers death to slate her and prop up themselves. It was annoying because while Tracey is awful theres a lot of other characters that have been just as selfish as her and aren't half as fun to watch.

I really wish Ken had even half a realization that he played a role in who Tracy is. Although I suppose Ken ignoring his kids and then being shocked when they are less than perfect is consistent if nothing else. I do think Peter was just going toe to toe with Tracy at first. They were tearing each other to pieces in ways only they can but  when she said something about how she knows she worthless, he saw how damaged she is. I don't think Peter was trying to bully Tracy I think he's probably the one who actually understands her.  He sees her flaws more clearly than their parents and sees the person beneath the mask better than most of the street.  Largely because they have so many of the same insecurities . I think once they sat down he was trying to be truthful and hoping Tracy would really listen to him. I think he shut down Tracy's insults not to hurt her but to keep things from escalating and turning it into another fight. I feel like Peter's speech about Amy didn't come from a place of meanness or anger but rather desperation. Peter loves Tracy and Amy dearly and wants to stop what has probably seemed like a runaway train for a very long time.  Not unlike his own commitment to AA he knows Tracy needs to hit rock bottom if shes going to build herself back up again.. Even if he's currently drowning in self pity he still wants to help Tracy find her way out.

• Love 1

This Callum/Bethany stuff is really hard to get through.

Yeah the whole Callum/Bethany/Sarah mess is one of the first time I've used the fast forward button while watching Corrie in a long time. Bethany and Sarah are actually great I love their scenes of them together. Its Callum who is played by one of the worst actors I've seen anywhere. The idiot who plays Morgan Corinthos on GH is practically Shakespearean compared to this guy.

• Love 2

I started watching this show in 2005 and I stopped in April 2015. Why? Because the show has become: stupid, boring, insulting, a shadow of what it formerly was. 

Where there used to be interesting story lines and characters that I actually cared about, became a sorry, pathetic mess of lazy, unimaginative plot lines and characters who grew to be annoying, unbelievable and definitely NOT people you could even remotely relate to. The worst trend had to be the shitty writers constantly playing the pregnancy card - sickeningly culminating in knocking up a TWELVE YEAR OLD CHILD. This was the final straw for me, after months of fast forwarding more than I was watching. And if a 12 year old wasn't gross enough, they then had Nick's skanky cougar fling get preggo. Wow! Amazing how a woman who looks well into menopause could get knocked up! It's a miracle!! No, actually it's a miracle that this rubbish is still on the air. 

I read that a new producer is apparently the one responsible for the show hitting the skids and he has earned himself the wrath of many other former CS fans who took to the Internet and set up a petition to get rid of him. 

I don't miss the show at all. My only regret is that I didn't stop watching sooner so I would have been spared the sight of a 12 year old going through labour. 

Amazing live performances from Tina O Brien, Jack P Shepard and Paula Lane tonight. I genuinely thought the actor playing Callum was terrifying but I hated how they've ended that storyline. These accidental murder cover ups have been done to death and the most frustrating part is that they're entirely unnecessary. It was self defense.

Can't stand Anna and I hate that they seem to be heading towards a Tim/Anna hook up..

Tina can be great when the material is there she always has been. Watching when her when Bethany was born is what drew me into watching the show regularly. She does get shaky when it comes to the loud shouty stuff though shes better at quieter scenes. Shes very natural as well which doesn't always plays well against some more stagey like Paula Lane. Personally of of the two I prefer Tina's style. One of the things I've hated most about this story is how its shafted Sarah's character.

Jack P Shepard is amazing as always. It really is a great stroke of luck for the show that he turned out so amazingly talented (but also quirky looking enough hes not really tempted to leave). Also that they've managed to show case what he can do so well.  I've seen Oscar nominated performances that weren't as good as what he's been delivering lately. I also think its to the shows credit that it doesn't feel forced and that David's dark side is justified. One of the eeriest parts of the story is that they disposed of Callum's body the same Richard Hillman disposed of his ex-wifes body.

• Love 2

Jack P Shepard is amazing as always. It really is a great stroke of luck for the show that he turned out so amazingly talented (but also quirky looking enough hes not really tempted to leave). Also that they've managed to show case what he can do so well.  I've seen Oscar nominated performances that weren't as good as what he's been delivering lately. I also think its to the shows credit that it doesn't feel forced and that David's dark side is justified. One of the eeriest parts of the story is that they disposed of Callum's body the same Richard Hillman disposed of his ex-wifes body.

I always thought Jack P Shepard was the worst actor on Corrie.  His voice is so monotone and he sounds like he's reading his lines, not feeling them. Of course, it doesn't help that I've been annoyed by his David character since he was a kid.

The Richard Hillman storyline was one of my favourites, but in this case, I think the Corrie writers are running out of ideas.

As much as I hate the David Platt character, it looks like he may be finally stepping up....in a weird sort of way...can't wait to see how he actually disposes of Callum....got rather sick of Kylie's incessant quavering hysteria....she certainly didn't LOOK that way in the shot immediately after she whapped Callum upside the head....literally....and has never been the most sympathy-evoking of 'women'....but then, I can't stand her character either, so there is that....I hope David isn't so stupid as to involve someone else (Tony? - it seems the hints are dropping like concrete) in the disposal of the remains, but this being a soap and all, there's bound to be a complication/blackmail/strong-arm or two coming up. 

I've been on the fence about the return of Sarah and Bethanny, but at this point they are both quite worthless in my eyes and serve NO purpose to any storyline...Callum could quite as easily done his dirt without the two of them around, it just wouldn't have taken so long or been so annoying - not to mention making for SUCH a crowded household...guess Sarah's purpose must be to serve as GF to Jason...or....whomever will prove the most annoying and will do the most damage to the others.

On the other hand, I have to say I LOVED Fiz's look/styling for the Orient Express party, but I've always like that actor and wish she'd get another meaty storyline....don't think she really got to show it all with either Stape or the Kristen/Kirsten/;Kirsty? {don't remember which it was} stuff...and also have to give major snaps to the scenes with Roy and....crap, I forgot her name! Is it Cynthia? My bad for not knowing. But she's actually quite good in the part and the nuances of navigating a relationship between two souls with so many psychological roadblocks is being handled rather well...so I'll make a greater effort to commit her name to memory...Still hate Carla/Nick, Sally/Tim/Kevin....would love to see more of Fiz/Tyronne in a meatier story line...and now that ittle Craigy has started to prove he's got the potential to have some serious chops, I'd LOVE to see him in a seriously serious story line - and not just some Faye-oriented crap - and a little bit of Kirky/Beth to make me smile. That girl/Faye has been a snotty brat since the day one and has never shown me any reason to think differently...but then, she does have Anna for a 'mother'. Could they both not go the way of other Windasses and just leave for Germany or someplace....strangely enough, I'd like to see Gary stick around and I couldn't stand him at first..I don't know how it was he began to grow on me, but it's a compliment to the actor that he's managed to take his character in a turnaround from crass idiot to a bit interesting...Steve/Michelle are one of those 'have to' couples that become the strong foundation of everything else and I'd like to seem them mature into that place, I kinda like them both and would be better pleased if Amy was back with Steve( but then again, I also LOVED Steve with Becky and still regret her departure from the Street, even if it did put the character in a very happy place).....especially if that meant stringy hair Tracy would be gone...forever!!!

OK, gotta say that I totally LOVED that concrete being poured and Callum being buried under the Platt's garage 'forever'....leaves a nice possibility of future consequences...Sarah, however, seriously needs to get a grip...at least trashy Kylie seems more able to hold it together....they, the Platts & extended, do make for a rather entertaining serio-comedic-dark family....unfortunately, it still can't keep me from wishing all things bad for David...may have felt differently if my discovery of Corrie hadn't occurred during his nastiness to Sarah/Gail (who certainly is no prize either), but it is what it is....I look forward most to Roy & Cathy (found out her name!), Steve and Michelle, Craig, Carla and someone-not-Nick (which is quite a turnaround for me considering I felt Carla was a useless waste of space in my early viewing days), Fiz and Tyronne & kids, ....wish they'd find a better story line for Kal's family as I think they make for an interesting and contemporary addition to the street and would love to see something more than an unconvenient pregnancy for a storyline...speaks rather well to how un-noticeable they are if I have no clue of their names...make the kids (Simon, Faye, Amy) interesting instead of crappy nuisances...and, oh yah, BRING BACK PETER! BRING BACK BECKY! With all their flaws, they were characters I could really get in to and care about.