Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just can't with this Kelly storyline.  Imran sayis the blood expert said the splatter on her shoes prove she didn't actually kill Seb but was trying to stop it....wtf ? Did I  hear that right? How could it prove she was trying to stop the beating? 🤦‍♀️

• Love 1

I don't understand how the blood splatter was supposed to prove she didn't participate in the attack either. 

Is anyone allowed to walk in and visit Kelly? When did she and Simon become such buddies anyway? 

Simon is my least favorite Barlow, but I still wouldn't wish Kelly on him. I have a feeling the show is going to try to go there though. 

• Love 1

Simon is the most unlikable Barlow and Tracy is his aunt, lol.

I do remember simon and Kelly were friendly.  However I don't know if I'm misremembering but didn't Simon have a thing for Nina at one point.  I just dont understand why we are supposed to feel bad for Kelly. 

I can already see where this is going, Nina remembers what happened and somehow clears Kelly.  Idk how but the writers really want this character to stick around.  

• Love 2

Kelly isn't blameless, but I guess the fact that she's on trial for Seb's murder and facing serious jail time is what is driving this "sympathy" thing (since we know she is not responsible for his death).   

I remember Simon and Kelly had set up a date and he did not show.   Not sure why...maybe the drug mess he was involved in or something to do with Peter.  Simon had a lot going on at the time.  Anyway, Kelly was quite angry about it.  

• Love 2

I watched one on BritBox this morning, but part 2 is the same as part 1. Really hoping they fix that soon so I can watch. I cried a lot through the part I did see. I miss Seb and Nina together. Show was crazy to kill him off when they finally had him in a really good pairing. 

I wish Britbox would get it's act together.    Monday only Part 2 was available...which when Part 1 showed up on Tuesday, it was really Part 1.   Wonder if we'll ever get Part 2.   Seems like Britbox often orgets to load shows for Emmerdale and EastEnders as well.  

Maybe the splatter business was to determine her level of participation, while Corey's shoes and clothes would have likely sealed the deal on his participation.

I was a bit frustrated during Imran's closing. Why didn't he reemphasize how stupid and unbelievable Corey's claim that Kelly was too strong for him to stop her was? And why on earth did he think for even a second that putting the mother on the stand was a good idea? I'm ready to move on from this storyline.

• Love 3

I really wanted Eileen and George to get together.  Now , I don't even care. 

I'm ready to be done with the trial. 

I hope Fiz and Tyrone don't get back together.  Tyrone just bugs the hell out of me. Allina plans a trip for her and Ty and he thinks this is not a good time to be on  holiday, but says nothing.  His lack of back bone is annoying. 

I agree. I think Eileen and George have had a few too many miscommunications at this point for them to be a believable couple. Once they had Eileen say something about she doesn't want to be touched by someone who touches dead people, I was like "then what are we doing here, writers? Why are we spending time with this?"

I didn't used to mind Fiz or Tyrone, but now I'm fed up with both of them. They can take Fiz's demon spawn and move for all I care. I didn't even mind Ty with Alina! But now that he's all wishy washy with both of them, I'm annoyed with the whole story. 

Might as well throw in that I'm annoyed with this Hope storyline too. Should I be rooting for the violent child and her idiot parents? I don't blame Chesney one bit for not wanting her near his kids when she's already broken his son's arm. 

• Love 2

For some reason I have a soft spot for Fiz and I definitely don't want her to get back together with wishy washy Tyrone. Don't see what anyone sees in him. That Hope takes after her father and reminds me of the girl in The Bad Seed. 

I am on pins and needles today to hear the trial verdict, but will be glad to move forward from this.

• Love 1

Ugh. I don't even like Kelly and that end had me sad for her. 

I really wanted Corey to be guilty, if only so we could be free of his smug face forever. I'm tired of seeing it. Which is nothing against the actor, who is playing unlikable villain rather well. But I'm ready for him to be permanently off the show. 

Dev and Roy was nice. I wasn't expecting that, but it made for really good scenes. Dev's actor generally gets the comic relief role, but he does quite well in these serious moments too. 

Imran is stupid. Though his scenes with Abi were nice. 

• Love 2

I am keeping my fingers crossed that new evidence is uncovered because having Kelly imprisoned and Corey free is just all kinds of wrong. The father has to have paid off people because how in the absolute fuck can anyone believe that Corey was unable to overpower Kelly, a snippet of a girl compared to him. This verdict defies logic.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, politichick said:

Still not up. Using BB on Amazon Prime. I have become kind of obsessed with this show!

How weird! Must be an Amazon thing then. I use the app for BritBox through my Roku TV and it's there for me. 

Me too! I've been slowly working my way through classic episodes on YouTube. I love this show so much. 

Yes, I'm in the states. I guess I'd recommend using the app for BritBox rather than Amazon (if you can). I've had occasional issues with episodes not appearing or whatever, but not nearly as many as those of you watching through Amazon seem to have had. That's so frustrating because it should be the same dang thing!! I'm sorry it's happening for you! 

Monday's episodes were on Amazon this morning. I was happy to see them but I like to have a cocktail around 6 or 7 (5 if it's a bad day) and watch Corrie at the end of the workday. LOL

On a shallow note, while others are waiting to see them, who picked the crazy wallpaper in those houses?

And I am struck by how Kelly, who's been in a cell for weeks, if not months, is full lash and the roots aren't looking bad at all, lol.

I usually try to watch near the end of the day too 😆 It's my downtime between work and making dinner for the family. I'm glad they finally showed up for you!

The wallpaper is pretty bad. I'm watching old episodes from 76 today, and so many of the houses are various shades of pink walls. The Ogdens have a horrible mural wallpaper! 

Yes she looks pretty good for being in lock up. Guess I have no excuse 😆

Haha, I always think that about her lashes too!  I had just tried eyelash extensions for the first time just before the pandemic started.  Couldn’t go back for fills or removal, and it was not a pretty process having them gradually fall off!

Spoilers ahead for anyone who didn't see Wednesday's episode yet...potentially BIG ones.

Ken and Rita! My heart. I spent the day sick in bed watching episodes from 1976, and then here they are tonight and so elderly ❤ I love seeing them though. And there was an Emily mention! I just think there's something really lovely about Ken still being around sometimes, from the first episode to now, and I will be gutted when he goes. Rita as well. 

I haven't seen enough of Norris yet to really get attached to him so maybe his death will hit me differently when I've gotten to know him through old episodes, but I thought it was a nice acknowledgment that he was both much loved and also a pain in the ass. Poor Mary and Freda. 

And what the hell?? I had no clue Alina would be pregnant again. Not gonna lie though, I'm kind of into it. Has she left the show? Her leaving for Romania could go either way. I kind of like Alina, so wouldn't mind her coming back. I wouldn't miss her a ton if she didn't come back, but I wouldn't mind if this is just a break either. I like her friendship with Emma and I think she really tried her best to be a good partner to Ty and to build a good relationship with his daughters. 

Fiz and Phill have good potential. I hope he sticks around and they ditch this love triangle stuff for Ty and Fiz. Move her on with Phill and figure out something else for Ty.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Craig's friend Jess either. I liked her calling him out. Honestly they could pair them up while Faye is gone and see where that goes. I do like that Craig seems to have realized he can't really make up for what happened, but can make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes again. 

Summer and Aadi are cute together. It's probably the most I've liked Summer, when she's with him. Maybe because she gets to be happy instead of being sucked into Billy's drama. 

That was a lot, sorry. But I thought it was a really good episode! And even though I glance at spoilers it still had a surprise for me! 

• Love 2

I felt bad about Norris.  He was a pain at times but you need characters you enjoy disliking at times. He had his moments that gave me a good giggle at times. 

Alina and Tyrone don't know about birth control obviously.  I don't feel bad for Tyrone.  I agree that Aline tried with Tyrone and Hope.  I don't care if Alina goes. I don't think she will stay gone since she's pregnant. She'll  pop up once Ty's is back on track.  I dont want Fiz and Ty together.  I like this new guy for Fiz. He seems so adult compared to Tyrone  lol. I just hope we dont see a back and forth between T abd F. There was a time back in the day I never thought Sally and Kevin would quit each other but it finally happened.  Let's hope we don't see it the back and forth with F&T.

I'm so confused by Eileen and George lol. So they are actively "doing it" and Mary is jealous?? Eileen is the only one in the house with a partner so what was all that about? The housemates get to vote when a partner stays over. There is only George.  Mary, Todd and Sean dont have partners 🤷🏾‍♀️.

I wish Tracy and Stve had been around for the Norris goodbye.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Spoilers ahead for anyone who didn't see Wednesday's episode yet...potentially BIG ones.

Ken and Rita! My heart. I spent the day sick in bed watching episodes from 1976, and then here they are tonight and so elderly ❤ I love seeing them though. And there was an Emily mention! I just think there's something really lovely about Ken still being around sometimes, from the first episode to now, and I will be gutted when he goes. Rita as well. 

I haven't seen enough of Norris yet to really get attached to him so maybe his death will hit me differently when I've gotten to know him through old episodes, but I thought it was a nice acknowledgment that he was both much loved and also a pain in the ass. Poor Mary and Freda. 

And what the hell?? I had no clue Alina would be pregnant again. Not gonna lie though, I'm kind of into it. Has she left the show? Her leaving for Romania could go either way. I kind of like Alina, so wouldn't mind her coming back. I wouldn't miss her a ton if she didn't come back, but I wouldn't mind if this is just a break either. I like her friendship with Emma and I think she really tried her best to be a good partner to Ty and to build a good relationship with his daughters. 

Fiz and Phill have good potential. I hope he sticks around and they ditch this love triangle stuff for Ty and Fiz. Move her on with Phill and figure out something else for Ty.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Craig's friend Jess either. I liked her calling him out. Honestly they could pair them up while Faye is gone and see where that goes. I do like that Craig seems to have realized he can't really make up for what happened, but can make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes again. 

Summer and Aadi are cute together. It's probably the most I've liked Summer, when she's with him. Maybe because she gets to be happy instead of being sucked into Billy's drama. 

That was a lot, sorry. But I thought it was a really good episode! And even though I glance at spoilers it still had a surprise for me! 

I read the spoilers, too, but thankfully there is almost always something of interest left out, so I don't feel too spoiled when watching.

I really like Phil for Fiz and hope they move forward with their relationship.

So, are Tyrone and Emma going to be roommates now?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I read the spoilers, too, but thankfully there is almost always something of interest left out, so I don't feel too spoiled when watching.

I really like Phil for Fiz and hope they move forward with their relationship.

So, are Tyrone and Emma going to be roommates now?

Yeah I had not seen anything indicating Alina would be pregnant again or that she was leaving the show permanently. So those were both surprises to me! 

I wondered where Ty was going to live now too. Can't go back to the house, and I don't think he ever went through with buying the flat, did he? He and Emma could be kind of funny as roommates, but didn't Curtis move in too? Are there any vacant properties in the neighborhood for him to rent? Maybe with Abi gone, he can stay with Kevin for a bit but that's not a long term solution. 

• Love 1

I’m just catching up on this weeks Corrie, got a bit behind because I’ve working like a dog all week 😂 

watched the special tribute episode to Norris first and blubbed my entire way through it, especially at the end when Barbara Knox bid him farewell to the camera 😭😭 so I knew his death was coming, but I still sobbed when Frieda announced he’d died. Norris was one of those special characters like Blanche, who infuriated you when they first came in but you grew to love them so dearly-and he and Mary were hilarious together. 

I’m currently on Thursdays episode-and WHAT has happened to Max!? The original Max was turning into quite a good little actor, so I can’t fathom why they’ve changed him. 
I also believe Zeedan is coming back (I’m not up that episode yet) but I’m looking forward to it (if they’ve kept the original actor) the street needs a bit more eye candy for the women, lol! 
I dearly hope Alina is going to leave for good, I cannot stand her and her squeaky voice, she also has no ties to the street so I honestly don’t see the point in her-all the previous affair storylines the street have run have actually made a bit of sense, you saw the build up happening, but this Tyrone and Alina one came completely out of left field and went from 0-60 in 24 hours. 

• Love 1

Even though I’m royally fed up of the social distancing episodes, Norris’ funeral was everything!! 
I proper ugly laugh/cried the entire way through, it had all the Norris magic without the man himself and it was the most absolutely perfect goodbye. 
one of the best episodes of Corrie that I’ve seen in years.

Thoygh it’s time for Frieda to go now, the whole kidnapping Aled storyline really riled me up-I get her outrage at Bernie, but Aled has absolutely nothing to do with Frieda, and I just found the whole thing unnecessary and highly irritating. 
Have a word with yourselves Corrie writers! 

• Love 2

I missed the Norris special. Where can it be viewed?

Max is awfully obnoxious and I cannot believe David. I thought he was smarter than that. Why does he think Daniel would want to spend time tutoring a boy who doesn't give a fig about school? Plus, he's not tutoring Summer, just helping her with her Oxford app. Shona is the voice of reason here.

Grace has not changed at all, in the end, it seems. What a pill! Not sad to have not seen much of Michael, though. The actor is awful with his heavy breathing in frustration thing and constant exasperation. Like the rest of the family, though.

On a shallow note, like Nina's lighter hair color. I wish she'd trade the the black lippie for a blood red one. Is goth still popular?

Where are Carla and Peter and Tracy and Steve, etc.?

I love this bloody show, LOL.

• Love 2

I guess were in for a rollercoaster with Max. 

I'm still not a huge fan of Daisy,  but I did enjoy her interaction with Daniel.  This show has a history of turning annoying bad girls into beloved characters.  ( Kylie and Becky) So, maybe it might work with Daisy. 

I too loved Norris' funeral.  It made me laugh and cry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I missed the Norris special. Where can it be viewed?

Max is awfully obnoxious and I cannot believe David. I thought he was smarter than that. Why does he think Daniel would want to spend time tutoring a boy who doesn't give a fig about school? Plus, he's not tutoring Summer, just helping her with her Oxford app. Shona is the voice of reason here.

Grace has not changed at all, in the end, it seems. What a pill! Not sad to have not seen much of Michael, though. The actor is awful with his heavy breathing in frustration thing and constant exasperation. Like the rest of the family, though.

On a shallow note, like Nina's lighter hair color. I wish she'd trade the the black lippie for a blood red one. Is goth still popular?

Where are Carla and Peter and Tracy and Steve, etc.?

I love this bloody show, LOL.

I don't understand why the Bailey's haven't told Michael about Grace.  It's just stupid.  He has rights for visitation.  He can go to court and set up a visitation order then the grandparents are able to also see  Glory. The storyline is ridiculous. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure what it says about me that I would happily accept any of the gifts Audrey received, despite being at least half her age. Foot bath, cozy blanket, and fuzzy slippers? Yes, please! 

Kelly's sentence was pretty rough. Honestly though, I'm having a hard time getting too upset about it since it seems like inevitably Corey will be caught and she'll be released. I think if it were more a situation like Faye where the actress is taking some time off, I'd feel more upset about the injustice. But right now, it's kind of like "eh..." 

The Max recast is pretty good. I wish David would just say he found the wallet in Max's room and end the blackmail. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm not sure what it says about me that I would happily accept any of the gifts Audrey received, despite being at least half her age. Foot bath, cozy blanket, and fuzzy slippers? Yes, please! 

Kelly's sentence was pretty rough. Honestly though, I'm having a hard time getting too upset about it since it seems like inevitably Corey will be caught and she'll be released. I think if it were more a situation like Faye where the actress is taking some time off, I'd feel more upset about the injustice. But right now, it's kind of like "eh..." 

The Max recast is pretty good. I wish David would just say he found the wallet in Max's room and end the blackmail. 

I ageee. All those gift seemed pretty great to me, I'm 48yrs old. Throw in a couple new mugs for tea and that sounds like the making of a good night😄

While I've never had much nice to say about Kelly, I do feel bad for her.

David is going to have his hands full with Max. 😄

Is Audrey still upset about Rita going to Claudia? Or did Rita do something else? Audrey is awfully whiny lately. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

I ageee. All those gift seemed pretty great to me, I'm 48yrs old. Throw in a couple new mugs for tea and that sounds like the making of a good night😄

While I've never had much nice to say about Kelly, I do feel bad for her.

David is going to have his hands full with Max. 😄

Is Audrey still upset about Rita going to Claudia? Or did Rita do something else? Audrey is awfully whiny lately. 

Absolutely! Sounds like a good night to me too! 

From what I've heard, David was a terrible teenager so seems like he's getting a taste of karma with Max! I wonder where they'll slot Max in in the future. He seems younger than the Amy/Aadi/Simon,etc set, but he's too old for the Jack/Hope/Liam group. I guess they'll just pretend he's always been friends with the Amy/Simon age group? 

I think she's still upset about Claudia, but it seems like a strange thing to hold such a grudge about. Did Audrey never notice that Rita's color wasn't fading yet she hadn't been to her salon in a while? 

• LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Absolutely! Sounds like a good night to me too! 

From what I've heard, David was a terrible teenager so seems like he's getting a taste of karma with Max! I wonder where they'll slot Max in in the future. He seems younger than the Amy/Aadi/Simon,etc set, but he's too old for the Jack/Hope/Liam group. I guess they'll just pretend he's always been friends with the Amy/Simon age group? 

I think she's still upset about Claudia, but it seems like a strange thing to hold such a grudge about. Did Audrey never notice that Rita's color wasn't fading yet she hadn't been to her salon in a while? 

David was a terror.  Absolutely awful to everyone especially Gail. Kylie (Max's mom) was also horrible.  His bio dad was a piece of work too. Kylie was a fan favorite before she was killed. And David has become tolerable.  But yes, he's getting some karma with teenage Max.

Thanks, I didn't know if I missed  something between Rita and Audrey.  Silly storyline,  for sure.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

David was a terror.  Absolutely awful to everyone especially Gail. Kylie (Max's mom) was also horrible.  His bio dad was a piece of work too. Kylie was a fan favorite before she was killed. And David has become tolerable.  But yes, he's getting some karma with teenage Max.

Thanks, I didn't know if I missed  something between Rita and Audrey.  Silly storyline,  for sure.

The little bit of Kylie I saw when watching the 2010 episodes had me confused why she was such a fan favorite! I'm sure I'll find out when I get back to watching the more "recent" episodes again. I'm still stuck in 1977 😁

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

The little bit of Kylie I saw when watching the 2010 episodes had me confused why she was such a fan favorite! I'm sure I'll find out when I get back to watching the more "recent" episodes again. I'm still stuck in 1977 😁

I think much like her sister Becky and much more current character Abby, they were mostly self destructive but eventually were shown to have a good hearts. Kylie had a mean streak that I never thought Becky had. So imo the actress did a brilliant job turning people's opinions. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1

The Kylie turnaround came after her marriage to David. They were both hugely damaged, self-destructive individuals who had caused endless trouble for others, yet somehow managed to make each other better when they came together. Reclaiming Max also played a big part in it - even though it broke Becky's heart, and she was a fan favourite, it allowed us to see Kylie's side of the story, her struggles and regrets and her desire to make amends now that she had a stable home to offer her son, while also showing us another side of David, as he took on a parental role for the first time. Kylie never lost her edge, but becoming part of the wider Platt family gave her place to belong on the Street, and she grew enormously as a character. Plus, of course, she was played by an excellent actress, which always helps!

• Love 2
On 9/30/2021 at 11:05 AM, Jenniferbug said:

Where are you finding the old episodes?

39 minutes ago, politichick said:

Where are you finding the old episodes?

The 2010 season is on Amazon Prime (at least in the US). The rest I found by searching YouTube. The 60s are a little sparse (a few episodes in a row then months worth missing), but from 1975ish on, most have been available. The 1977 playlist I found by searching Corrie 1977, and it seems to have almost all episodes. I'm hoping that will hold true as I keep going! They've been fun to watch! 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:43 PM, Jenniferbug said:

From what I've heard, David was a terrible teenager so seems like he's getting a taste of karma with Max!

Lol! David was an absolutely HORRENDOUS teenager 😂 but I still loved him. He was an absolute breath of fresh air when he was cast. Cheeky, sarcastic, utterly vile at times (pushing him mum down the stairs 😳) but he always had a cheeky little smile which he won the viewer round with. Max is just what we would call a scally in the uk, he has no redeeming qualities anymore, he’s shaping up to be like his dad Callum-and he was a nasty piece of work! 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Does anyone know if all these "watch your back" stories the show has been promoting for October begin tonight or later in the month? 

Later in the month. There's a big Super Soap Week planned.