Coronation Street

Rock star Kirk cracked me up "our souls"

David offering up Dev to Sarah  lol.

Good laughs. 

I really like Jan for Eileen. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater

On 4/23/2019 at 12:01 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

I really like Jan for Eileen. 

Same! He seems so sweet-and utterly besotted with Eileen. Maybe a bit of a father figure for Seb too? 

Anyone else absolutely hating Chesney and Gemma together or is it just me? Gemma was actually quite comical at times before, when she was just a background character, but now shes on screen ALL the time, and to be honest I find her constant gurning and ridiculous behaviour so irritating I have to fast forward her scenes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Same! He seems so sweet-and utterly besotted with Eileen. Maybe a bit of a father figure for Seb too? 

Anyone else absolutely hating Chesney and Gemma together or is it just me? Gemma was actually quite comical at times before, when she was just a background character, but now shes on screen ALL the time, and to be honest I find her constant gurning and ridiculous behaviour so irritating I have to fast forward her scenes.

Omg, I just wrote something similar a few days ago on a Facebook group. I couldn't stand Gemma at first, back when kylie was around. Then she grew on me. She was funny and had a caring side. Now,  good lord,the writers destroyed her. She's awful.  I ff through most her scenes too. Just so over the top reckless disgusting behavior.  I get that the writers need keep things interesting but Gemma isn't interesting she's gross, licking a plate clean ugh. It annoys me because I really liked her. Much like Tim who I still really like. The character changed for the better.  Abi too.  They regressed Gemma, no she's not mean Gemma, but she's  gross. 

Peter is also annoying me. 

Don't know if it's true, but I read that Jan isn't exactly what he seems.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Don't know if it's true, but I read that Jan isn't exactly what he seems.  

I was just thinking this! I’m a little behind with Corrie, and I’ve just watched the episode where Seb takes the girl from the nail bar to speed Dahl and she scarpers after seeing Jan, made me think her ‘landlady’ is a brothel Madam and Jan is either a paying customer or he helps to run it! Like some sort of human trafficking racket

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Much like Tim who I still really like. The character changed for the better.  Abi too. 

I LOVE Abi now, she and Tim are two of my favourites. And she’s got a cracking pair of legs 😂

• Like 1

Yes, I read Jan would be involved with human trafficking.  Why are all these women after him for heaven's sake?  I sure don't see it

• Like 1

Good news!!! I just read that the Kate Connor actress is leaving!! 😂 which means no more ridiculous overacting! 

On 4/30/2019 at 12:48 PM, Tallulah7606 said:

Good news!!! I just read that the Kate Connor actress is leaving!! 😂 which means no more ridiculous overacting! 

So many leaving. 

Just read that Sinead and Alex are also leaving.

So Michelle, Robert, Alex kate and Sinead Bethany. I also thought I read Dev but I'm not positive if he was leaving for good or just taking a break.

Edited by Coffeewinewater

I love coronation street but lord it has been so boring lately.  I dont care about Carla and Peter.  I cant think of any other story that's even a bit interesting.  Steve and Tracy at least give me a laugh.

18 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I love coronation street but lord it has been so boring lately.  I dont care about Carla and Peter.  I cant think of any other story that's even a bit interesting.  Steve and Tracy at least give me a laugh.

I’m with you there! I 100% blame McLeod, ever since he took over the storylines have been getting more and more ridiculous. Not to mention there’s a mass exodus of actors coming up. (Some are welcome, like Kate)but the likes of Bethany leaving?? There’s so much more that could be done with her but they’re just wasting her with this juvenile ‘on again, off again’ story with Ryan. 

In all my years I’ve never missed an episode of Corrie, now I have it on but I’m not really paying attention. It’s background noise while I’m doing housework, or reading. I can’t face watching the entire programme 

• Like 1

I will note one thing - the shows obsession with making Everything About Carla is maintained no matter who the show runner is. This is just another rehash of the time she thought she was responsible for that stupid fire that killed Leanne’s fella. It doesn’t make me root for her justice. It just irritates me that every single producer ever to step foot on this show apparently thinks she’s the one character who should get every storyline going and then they Mary Sue the crap out of her throughout.   

• Like 1

I could cheerfully punch Geoff in the nose. What a passive-aggressive whiny bully he is. Can’t wait for Yasmeen to tell him to “do one”! 😄