Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have to say I loved the scene between Peter and Daniel. Chris Gascoyne is worth every dime he gets paid. It's why I'm glad to see Peter get out of of that factory. He would just end up thrown under the bus to serve St Snarla in the end. Carla and Nick deserve each other.

Tracy and Steve are brilliant in all their chaotic messy hilarious glory. I really hope they get through this one.  They just make so much sense both because of their family histories and who they are as characters. 

• Love 3
On 11/20/2018 at 10:23 PM, Capricasix said:

Norris is in Peru with Emily (? - she was on before I started watching). The actor who plays Norris had a heart attack several months ago and has been recuperating.

Yes. Emily Bishop was a stalwart of the show for over 50 years, but the actress became extremely frail and wanted to retire quietly, so the character was sent to live in Peru with her nephew, an environmental campaigner who was once himself quite an iconic character on the show (seriously, Spider was a classic!). The show has never come out and stated that Emily is not coming back and I'm not sure they ever will, the door was deliberately left open for her, but Eileen Derbyshire is 87 years old now, so I really can't see her returning at this stage.

It remains to be seen if Malcolm Hebden recovers sufficiently to return to the show. I hope he does, but he is 78 years old now and his health may simply never be up to it.

• Love 3

Just reiterating how much I HATE Michelle, Ali and Ryan.  I hate them all with the heat of a thousand suns.  On a happier subject, I am enjoying watching Doctor Who to see past Corrie actors:  Hailey, Sunita, Danny Baldwin...and 13 reminds me very much of Leanne!

• Love 2
On 11/20/2018 at 5:23 PM, Capricasix said:

Norris is in Peru with Emily (? - she was on before I started watching). The actor who plays Norris had a heart attack several months ago and has been recuperating.

Thank you. I missed that he went to Peru.  

I just saw something on Facebook about the actor having the heart attack.  He was recently spotted on set. So he must be returning soon.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2018 at 6:59 PM, whydoievencare said:

I'm hating the sudden need that Kate has to start a family with Rana.  She's acting in such an immature fashion it's becoming a storyline that's impossible to watch.

I know right?! It's so ridiculous. The writers dropped the ball on this story-line. I know they need a new conflict now that they're not fighting with Rana's mother over their relationship... but Kate's desperate need for a baby before they've even walked down the aisle is just too silly! Mainly because it came out of nowhere... The farce surrounding the marriage proposal was even manufactured drama. Ugh!

On 12/12/2018 at 3:20 AM, Chas411 said:

They’re the worst. All they ever do now is cry and breakup. They’re draining to watch.

Just think of the drama when they break up...

• A) Right in the middle of the insemination procedure
  • B) Right after the insemination procedure
  • C) After one of them is pregnant
  • D) All of the above

They'll get back together when one of them is rushed to the hospital during the child birth. Oh the hilarity from that scenario will be just great! Lol!

• Love 1

Beth getting Chesney and Kirk to steal from Dev pissed me off. You want to break the law for your niece,  YOU, do it.

I want to feel bad for sinaed, but damn why does lie to Daniel about practically everything.  

So now Leanne and Toya's apartment is roomy enough for 4 adults and a toddler 😂?

I hate the Brian storyline.  I did laugh at the look Daniel gave Brian (Brian had water all over his pants) when he walked into the Rovers.

Edited by Coffeewinewater

Finally caught up (again) and have to reiterate that I HATE KATE HATE KATE HATE KATE!  Oh, and I hate Nick and I hate Carla too.  But...I love Eileen and I love Brian and Cathy and I love Tyrone.  Hated his "Nan" but I am seeing the slow change of a vile evil woman into a kinder gentler person.  I call this the Coronation Effect...mean, horrible people turn into honest neighbors due to the influence of our wonderful Corrie cast!  With a few Evil Characters to act as a foil (Richard Hillman, Phelan...Tracy hee!)

And I really like Tim but oh god, the inevitable sex with Gina is coming and I am NOT.HAPPY.

I feel terribly sorry for Sinead, but I agree with this:

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

damn why does lie to Daniel about practically everything. 

Everyone lies ALL THE TIME to EVERYONE on this show about EVERYTHING.  It's depressing.

So, my fellow posters, every time you see that SPOILED OBSESSIVE PIE-FACED KATE on your screen, please know that somewhere in Vermont a poster is (internally) screaming "I HATE KATE" and hoping that she leaves the show under some premise that can't be stupid enough for me to LIKE it.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Well, he had no compunction about stealing from Elsa, so I definitely think it’s a possibility!

Spoiler

It was revealed last night he had a bag full of money.

I'm never sure if I should do spoilers, everyone seems to be on different timelines. 

• Love 1

Spoiler tags are probably a good idea... I’m in a Facebook group for Canadian fans of Coronation Street (really the only reason I’m still on FB 😄), and they get pretty upset if there are any spoilery hints! Meanwhile, I regularly google Corrie spoilers 🤣

Do we need to spoiler tag it though if it’s aired. The home channel for Corrie is the UK so we should be able to discuss anything that has aired there. Likewise I wouldn’t expect any forums where the shows air first in the US to put spoiler tags for me because It has t yet aired in the UK.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1

Yes, I think it’s only fair to spoiler-tag it even if it’s already aired in the UK, considering there is about a week-and-a-half lag between the UK and Canadian airdates, and some people might not want to know what’s coming up.

On the Young and the Restless, the Canadian eps air one day ahead of the US eps. In the Young and Restless forum here, we have a thread specifically for the Canadian episodes, with a spoiler warning right in the thread title.

Speaking of spoilers, Corrie put a preview of upcoming stories on their Instagram and 

Spoiler

apparently Amy is pregnant! I don’t know why they would do another teen pregnancy storyline - it’s not that long since Faye had her baby.

• Love 1

So Lewis turned out to be a good guy in the end after all.... I’m not liking this bad guy they’re turning Nick into. I think the drama to come at the factory will be down to him too. I’ve always liked Nicks character, but now they’re turning him into the new bad guy on the street he has an expiry date. They never stick around indefinitely once the evil side comes out. Is this Corrie trying to turn back to the brain damaged plot they seemed to have abandoned a few years ago? Who knows. 

On a side note, am I the only one who can’t bear Leanne? Every time she’s on screen I want to turn my tv off

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

On a side note, am I the only one who can’t bear Leanne? Every time she’s on screen I want to turn my tv off

Nope she’s unbearable. She doesn’t fall into good character or evil character. not even bitchy with a heart of gold.. she’s just a downright miserable moan.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Nope she’s unbearable. She doesn’t fall into good character or evil character. not even bitchy with a heart of gold.. she’s just a downright miserable moan.

And those ridiculous scrunched up faces she pulls when she’s annoyed at someone. Aaaggghhhh!! Not to mention the patronising tone that’s always in her voice. She makes my fingers twitch 😂

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Lol, best description of Leanne.  

I usually love Tracey and Steve together.  But they could have spared me the dumb joke "do I want a kid , do you want kid?" These 2 would never even consider having another child especially Tracey.  I actually felt bad for Amy. She didnt want anyone to know and Steve goes and opens his big mouth to her school mates.

Why are Sarah and Gary sleeping on swimming floats lol? Couldn't Gail and Audrey share a bed?  We're to believe there is 4 bedrooms, right? 

1. David &Shona

2. David kids

3. Sarah and her baby (her daughter moved out when Gary moved in, right?)

4. Gail downstairs in the muder room. 

Lol, they sure pack alot of people in these tiny houses.

Ken's house is the only one not busting at the seams with only Peter, simon and Ken sharing a home, it almost seems empty. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why are Sarah and Gary sleeping on swimming floats lol? Couldn't Gail and Audrey share a bed?  We're to believe there is 4 bedrooms, right? 

Yup 😂 four bedrooms in that tiny house! They must be the worlds smallest bedrooms upstairs! They also need to fit in a full sized bathroom somewhere up there too. 

At one time, Ken’s house had both him and Deidre, Blanche, Simon, Amy, Tracy AND Peter! Yet there was never a hint that anyone was sleeping on the sofa 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Yup 😂 four bedrooms in that tiny house! They must be the worlds smallest bedrooms upstairs! They also need to fit in a full sized bathroom somewhere up there too. 

At one time, Ken’s house had both him and Deidre, Blanche, Simon, Amy, Tracy AND Peter! Yet there was never a hint that anyone was sleeping on the sofa 

Lol, yes. The many cramped rooms coronation street is something that makes me giggle.  No one seemed to live on their own. 

I guess Gary and Sarah had their own place for a minute.  

Ayla and her grandmother probably have the the most room right now. I forgot about them earlier. Lol, 

17 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ayla and her grandmother probably have the the most room right now. I forgot about them earlier. Lol, 

By Corrie standards, they’ve space to take in 6 or 7 paying lodgers, and STILL have space to sit on the sofa 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I’m GUTTED about this!! The wrong character is going to die-it should be Kate! She’s whiny, selfish, immature, needy and pathetic. Plus her acting is pretty terrible. I think Rana is a great character

I agree with what you’re saying - Kate is the worst of the two - but I’m just so relieved I won’t have to watch them snotting and crying and screaming every second episode.

• Love 2

So I’ve just watched last nights Corrie-and I’m so disappointed with who the baby daddy is! They played it out to be a big shocking reveal, and it turns out to be someone we barely know and that nobody even cares about. To be honest, I forgot the character ever existed. 

Ian McLeod has either lost the plot or he’s totally unqualified to be producing one of our best loved soaps. The storylines they’re coming out with are just plain stupid. 

Kates bizarre baby obsession, Amy getting pregnant by a random thug, Nick turning evil, Leanne surviving yet another incident that should have killed her, Gina almost going full fatal attraction with a dash of ‘single white female’, Tyler’s mum working at the factory, Gail becoming some sort of ditzy, dopey halfwit...... need I go on?? Never thought I’d say I missed Kate Oates, but she produced far better stories than this tripe! 

I’m over the 13 year old street resident gets pregnant ~scandal storylines they’re now on the habit off doing. It hasn’t been a shock since Sarah Lou in 99. It’s just boring now and not to mention depressing to watch. 

The show is has more or less become EastEnders.

• Love 1
Spoiler

And now I’ve just found out Cathy and Brian have bought the Kabin off Norris, which prompts Rita to retire! McLeod has lost the plot!!

I never understood why they brought Brian back in the first place, he was just a minor teacher character to eventually explain why Julie left. He has no familial ties to the street and there was no reason for him to come back after they split up, now they’ve placed him inside a Corrie institution! 

The Kabin is Rita’s, it will always be Rita’s! 

Edited by Tallulah7606
Autocorrect is conspiring to make me look moronic
36 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And now I’ve just found out Cathy and Brian have bought the Kabin off Norris, which prompts Rita to retire! McLeod has lost the plot!!

I never understood why they brought Brian back in the first place, he was just a minor teacher character to eventually explain why Julie left. He has no familial ties to the street and there was no reason for him to come back after they split up, now they’ve placed him inside a Corrie institution! 

The Kabin is Rita’s, it will always be Rita’s! 

Why would they do that? Ugh.

Spoiler

Sarah will end up in bed with Adam, right? (Lucky girl) 

I dont see Gary attractiveness. 

I keep laughing at almost everyone on the street talking about being in prison at one point lol. 

I don’t know why, but I found Peter dead sexy in those scenes on the boat with Abi...maybe I’ve developed a thing for beards in my middle age, and the actor’s only a couple years older than I am 😄 Anyway, there’s my confession!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I don’t know why, but I found Peter dead sexy in those scenes on the boat with Abi...maybe I’ve developed a thing for beards in my middle age, and the actor’s only a couple years older than I am 😄 Anyway, there’s my confession!

Peter IS pretty sexy-always had a bit of a thing for him. He’s a bit of a git but I wouldn’t kick him out of bed 😂

• Love 1

I know the whole story was  supposed to be suspenseful but found it boring.  Sorry Rana is dead but,  she wasn't a character I cared one way or another for.  

Carla is so self absorbed my lord that woman.  She never went and saw Kate not once. Kate bugs me but Carla should have stopped to see her before running off with Peter. Way to make yourself look guilty. 

Hilariously enough when I found out Rama died and Kate/Her brother and close friends would be devastated my first thought was, I wonder how they’ll manage to make this All About Carla.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, sas616 said:

I never cared for Rana's brother, one way or the other, but he's been excellent in the past few episodes.

I saw some pictures of him and the actress that played pat Phelan's daughter (Nicola?) On Instagram,  wow they are a stunning couple. I never thought he was that good looking. The picture of the two them show how attractive they both are. 

Sorry feeling shallow lol.

Screenshot_20190327-064533_Instagram.jpgI don't they're a couple anymore.  Last pic together was in October.  Still both attractive. 

I feel like I missed something.  Why are Michelle and Robert at each other's throats? I know Michelle broke it off with him because she thought he'd want children eventually and loved him and wanted him to have that one day. But she didn't want to have more children. What I dont understand where did all the animosity come from?

21 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I feel like I missed something.  Why are Michelle and Robert at each other's throats? I know Michelle broke it off with him because she thought he'd want children eventually and loved him and wanted him to have that one day. But she didn't want to have more children. What I dont understand where did all the animosity come from?

I thought the same, but then , Ian McLeod has made the soap so bizarre in places since he took over that I’ve stopped questioning it. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I thought the same, but then , Ian McLeod has made the soap so bizarre in places since he took over that I’ve stopped questioning it. 

I asked the question on a Facebook group, a few people said it was about the Bistro and Robert made some comment about Rourie.  Idk? It turned ugly so quick. I thought it was something else. But as you said some things are bizarre on Corrie 😀

One minute Robert and Michelle are talking about their sex life even Michelle's sons are commenting on it, then she's hit by a ball, cries over a nonpregncy and boom their broke up and hate each other lol.

3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I asked the question on a Facebook group, a few people said it was about the Bistro and Robert made some comment about Rourie.  

He did say something about ruari (or however you spell it 🤦🏻‍♀️😂) but it was brief and said in anger, can’t remember what it was but he immediately apologised-Michelle though, being the self obsessed character she is, and the fact that she’s being written out, took it way too seriously, had a huge paddy and they now hate each other. 

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

He did say something about ruari (or however you spell it 🤦🏻‍♀️😂) but it was brief and said in anger, can’t remember what it was but he immediately apologised-Michelle though, being the self obsessed character she is, and the fact that she’s being written out, took it way too seriously, had a huge paddy and they now hate each other. 

Thanks. I also thought it was just over the top. As you said the actress is leaving. So I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

Just watch today's episode and I did chuckle at Michelle's quip that Robert has never been the same since going grey 😆

Okay, so I still hate Kate.  Looking at her puffy tear-stained moon face makes me want to turn the TV off, but now I also hate Imran who I had felt somewhat "meh" about before.  At least Rana (though annoying AF) was attractive to look at, but she's gone and this gives Kate another huge emotional plotline that frankly bores me to tears.  Am I evil for tolerating Lolly?  Her machinations to, I don't know, either break up KaRa or redo her own wedding, amused me greatly.  I don't recall Gary borrowing thousands of pounds from that loanshark; what was that about?  When did that happen?  I feel a bit sad and confused that some characters literally live on the edge of financial disaster and others splash money around like it grows on trees.