Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

We saw Pat kill Andy and Luke.

Yes, I know I just want it all come out and have him be held responsible. 

I read many spoilers,  but im not up to the part where he's "caught" .

I'm way behind, so I'm not exactly sure what's been pinned on him on the show. If the rest of the street realize he killed so many. I just watched the episode where Eileen hears him admit he did indeed commit fraud, regarding the housing complex. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
On 4/4/2018 at 2:22 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

Josh is so creepy. Probably because I know what he does but still ugh, his face skeeve's me  out.

He gets even creepier.  Kudos to the actor - he can do skeevy all too well.

• Love 1

FINALLY caught up with three weeks of episodes!  Took four full evenings!  My favorite scenes: Leanne and Eva in the Rovers harshing on Gemma for being a husband stealer and her giving it right back...and them having to admit she was right.  LOL.  Then all the adults battling it out at Family Pub Day (or whatever) [Kevin whining why he couldn't get two free halfs (seriously?)] and Leanne (or was it Toyah?) resignedly saying, "Well, it is like most families when they get together, innit?"  I seriously love that shit! 

• Love 1

Oh, great.  No body, not dead.  Pat Phelan will return, mark my words, and in the words of the immortal Fred Elliott the Butcher: "It'll end in tears, I say, it'll end in tears."

Edited by Red Bridey
Finally remembered Fred's last name
  • Love 1
On 4/15/2018 at 9:21 PM, Red Bridey said:

FINALLY caught up with three weeks of episodes!  Took four full evenings!  My favorite scenes: Leanne and Eva in the Rovers harshing on Gemma for being a husband stealer and her giving it right back...and them having to admit she was right.  LOL.  Then all the adults battling it out at Family Pub Day (or whatever) [Kevin whining why he couldn't get two free halfs (seriously?)] and Leanne (or was it Toyah?) resignedly saying, "Well, it is like most families when they get together, innit?"  I seriously love that shit! 

I pretty much just finished these episodes too. I loved that Gemma didn't take any crap from Toya and LeAnn.  The nerve with those too.

LeAnn and Peter need to get Simon some help, he's gonna be the next Pat.

I hate Pat but the actor is good. The scenes at the light house with Eileen  were excellent.  I got up and turned on a small light lol. 

I also loved all the shots of the street as the police arrived.  The long shot as Nicola gets out of the car was interesting. 

It's weird that two characters Tim and Gemma,  that I completely disliked at first,  I now cheer for.

David and Craig's stories break my heart.

• Love 1

You are right about Tim and Gemma.   I remember when Tim first showed up and I just hated his character.  And Gemma couldn't get off my screen soon enough.  I read that Jack Sheppard is suppose to leave the show later this year.  Don't know if it's true or not, but I can imagine the show letting him go easily because he's one of the best on there.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sas616 said:

You are right about Tim and Gemma.   I remember when Tim first showed up and I just hated his character.  And Gemma couldn't get off my screen soon enough.  I read that Jack Sheppard is suppose to leave the show later this year.  Don't know if it's true or not, but I can imagine the show letting him go easily because he's one of the best on there.

Oh geeze I hope he's not leaving. I've read about so many of the actors leaving.  I hadn't heard of him. Most I don't care if they leave, but if David wasnt on the street it would be odd. 

I feel like they brought back Carla but didn't have any real plan in place long term so she is just floundering. The Ali stuff is gross they are related, Michelles other kid calls her aunt.

Karen Oates is on the way out and stories like that are why I won't miss her. Its just a headline no thought to characters or history just sensationalism.

Even smaller stories like Tracy and Leanne squaring off were done terribly. There could have been a decent story there if they had bothered to hit any character notes. Like Tracy being insecure about her and Steve or Leanne being worried about Simon. Instead it was just women screaming for no reason and not even any resolution. It might have been okay if they had used to get two women who have been a part of each others family for years to bond a little. As written it was ridiculous with both characters worst attributes taken up to eleven and half. Frankly I don't believe Tracy would call her nephew Psycho Simon or that Peter would let her get away with it. Or that Leanne after years of trading barbs with Tracy would let her get under her skin in such an over the top way. I know I'm going on a bit about a fairly small story but I feel it dragged two of my favorite characters through the mud. I also think it shows the issue with Karen Oates fairly well. All headlines, no characterization and no follow through.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

feel like they brought back Carla but didn't have any real plan in place long term so she is just floundering. The Ali stuff is gross they are related, Michelles other kid calls her aunt

I'd say they're just biding time until they feel they've done Enough to justify Peter and Carla's inevitable reunion affair being All Toyahs Fault - they've almost completed her transition into baby obsessed lunatic with the awful Eva baby storyline.

this is why I hate Carla - she's such a writers pet to the point where every other character has to become a cartoon in order to make her look good. She's a victim of everything, nothing is ever her fault and the characters seem to just stand around remarking on how amazing, feisty etc etc she is while the ones who don't like her are Wrong! And mean to her!. Alison King is a great actress but the character is the worst.

Also UO but I loathe Peter/Carla - they are poison together. Hurt everyone around them. He cheated on her anyway so I don't believe she's the one different woman from all the others.

I preferred her with Nick as she was able to bring out his good character traits and the drama while there wasn't as eye rolling and exhausting as the crap between Peter/Carla always ends up. 

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 2

I just watched the episode of underworld opening.  All the ladies in the factory, then I realized Sally is the Mayor of Weatherfield, it made me laugh, the mayor is a factory worker?

Peter and Carla? Ugh. Haven't they squeezed that couple dry?

10 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I'd say they're just biding time until they feel they've done Enough to justify Peter and Carla's inevitable reunion affair being All Toyahs Fault - they've almost completed her transition into baby obsessed lunatic with the awful Eva baby storyline.

this is why I hate Carla - she's such a writers pet to the point where every other character has to become a cartoon in order to make her look good. She's a victim of everything, nothing is ever her fault and the characters seem to just stand around remarking on how amazing, feisty etc etc she is while the ones who don't like her are Wrong! And mean to her!. Alison King is a great actress but the character is the worst.

Also UO but I loathe Peter/Carla - they are poison together. Hurt everyone around them. He cheated on her anyway so I don't believe she's the one different woman from all the others.

I preferred her with Nick as she was able to bring out his good character traits and the drama while there wasn't as eye rolling and exhausting as the crap between Peter/Carla always ends up. 

I don't know about putting Carla and Peter back together. I think if TPTB really wanted that they would have put Leanne together with Steve to keep her out of the way. Honestly it feels a little like TPTB are not sure themselves. Also I totally agre with everything you said about Carla and Peter and Carla in general so you are definitely not alone. I'm also not sure it a totally unpopular opinion its just the other side is particularly loud and posts a lot on Twitter. 

Gee I read the actors that play Carla and Peter do not like each other (which is why Peter left last time), so I'd be surprised if they put them together.   Maybe Carla will end up with Zeedan.  Lol.  Though I read he's leaving, which is odd since he's opening a restaurant.   I had not heard about Kate Oates leaving.  Fans should be ecstatic--seems almost everyone hates her stories.

See I don't think Leanne is a threat given Peter left her for Carla anyway. I don't think any woman is viewed as better then Carla in that show given everyone is either in awe of or hates her (wrongfully of course because she's perfect... Ugh). 

I haven't read anything about either actor disliking each other. Peter has left a few times and he nearly always said its because some of his storylines are so intense he needs a break. Both actors have spoken somewhat positively about a Carla/Peter reunion which is what has me thinking it's inevitable.

New viewer here; I’ve been watching for just over a year, so I only know the very recent backstories for most of the characters. But holy buckets, Toyah gets on my nerves something fierce! In the Young and Restless forum, we talk about one particular character having a “deer in the headlights” expression in certain situations, and I think that describes Toyah perfectly.

Steve is one of my favourite characters - he’s so funny.

Are Ali and Carla actually related? I know Carla is Johnny’s daughter, but how is Michelle related to the Connors?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

New viewer here; I’ve been watching for just over a year, so I only know the very recent backstories for most of the characters. But holy buckets, Toyah gets on my nerves something fierce! In the Young and Restless forum, we talk about one particular character having a “deer in the headlights” expression in certain situations, and I think that describes Toyah perfectly.

Steve is one of my favourite characters - he’s so funny.

Are Ali and Carla actually related? I know Carla is Johnny’s daughter, but how is Michelle related to the Connors?

Steve is one my favorites too. I'm so happy he's not married to Michelle anymore. Tracy and Steve are so funny together.  Tracy can be a mean so and so but her snarky moments make me laugh.

I've only been watching a few years too. So I'm not positive but I thought Michelle was married to a Conner cousin (Alli's dad?) So yeah I think they are related.  It had me scrating my head too. I hope someone can give a better answer. I'm curious too lol.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Quof said:

Michelle is a Connor.  Carla was married to Michelle's brother, so no, they are not related.

Are they not distantly related tho since it turned out Johnny is Carla's father.. Jesus at this point Carla's hooked up with half her relatives given she was with both Michelle's brothers and now her son. Eugh.

• Love 1

Kate? UGH!! I liked her okay at first. But, now I really can't stand her. She's the most selfish, self-centered, needy, irritating character ever. She thinks only about herself and what she wants. The hell with everyone else's hurt feelings, embarrassment, inconvenience. If I hear her whine "I reaaallly loove her!" one more time, I'm going to scream! I'd like to add Ali to the list of irritating people too. Yuck!

Aiden is breaking my heart. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I just caught up on the episodes available on hulu and I became so sad hearing Aiden say to Johnny you were a good dad, and Johnny saying, were? I hope  to be one for a long time . So sad.

I find it interesting that we see a couple of the men going through things, that  might drive some to do what we will see Aiden do. ( David. Zee).  Aiden is there going through his own pain and hiding it so well no one sees it coming. It's all so sad. I will say that is an amazing way to tell this story.

Kate is annoying as hell.

Where has Norris been? Feels like forever since I've seen him.

Kate's the worst and I feel that she keeps forgetting Rhana completely fucked Zeedan over in their love saga. 

I think the Aiden storyline is great but it sucks that the actor essentially got sacked for this storyline to work. I feel there was a lot more left for him to do and it's a shame he got the boot for the sake of a lovely storyline that was really being done for hat gasp!shock!tragic! Factor.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Kate's the worst and I feel that she keeps forgetting Rhana completely fucked Zeedan over in their love saga. 

I think the Aiden storyline is great but it sucks that the actor essentially got sacked for this storyline to work. I feel there was a lot more left for him to do and it's a shame he got the boot for the sake of a lovely storyline that was really being done for hat gasp!shock!tragic! Factor.

I agree. I hate that he won't be on the show anymore. 

Wasn’t it his decision to leave? 

I follow ITVCorrie on Twitter, and seeing the tweets about Aidan’s final episodes this week make me so sad, and almost dreading next week when the eps will be aired here in Canada. I know he cheated on Eva, but I really think what she has done is far worse.

Toyah continues to annoy me.

Rana is almost always crying! It must be exhausting having to cry that much ? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Wasn’t it his decision to leave? 

I follow ITVCorrie on Twitter, and seeing the tweets about Aidan’s final episodes this week make me so sad, and almost dreading next week when the eps will be aired here in Canada. I know he cheated on Eva, but I really think what she has done is far worse.

Toyah continues to annoy me.

Rana is almost always crying! It must be exhausting having to cry that much ? 

I thought I read that it was his decision to leave.  Though I don't know why they had to have him leave this way.   Would have preferred a happy ending for Aiden and Eva.   But it seems Corrie doesn't seem to do happy these days.    I imagine Kate will make it all about her...as she does.

• Love 2

No it wasn't his decision. They're spinning it now that he's Delira to have gotten such an important storyline and I think Shane Ward is dignified enough not to say too much but when the news first came out it was pretty clear he's been axed. 

Corrie might get happy again now that Kate Oates is leaving. She's exhausting and has basically turned it into eastenders. It's just always miserable.

• Love 1
(edited)

A hilarious scene was when Gail came to Eileen's with a casserole and wanted to play my serial killer husband was worse than yours lol. The look on Gail's face when Eileen kicked her out lol. 

Can anyone fill me in on why those two hate each other?  I know Eileen was with Michael but the animosity seemed to start way before that. Just curious. 

Just watched yesterday's shows.   I think  Shane Ward did an excellent job in his scenes.  I never thought he was all that with his acting, but that final scene with Aiden and Eva had me all teary.  Until yesterday, I had no idea that this was how they were writing his exit (I read it online).  Glad I've been spoiled, because this is one storyline I don't mind knowing about in advance.  Too, too sad.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

A hilarious scene was when Gail came to Eileen's with a casserole and wanted to play my serial killer husband was worse than yours lol. The look on Gail's face when Eileen kicked her out lol. 

I would kicked her out too. She's the worst woe-is-me, pitiful victim on the show. LOL! That is NOT how you comfort someone!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 40Love said:

I would kicked her out too. She's the worst woe-is-me, pitiful victim on the show. LOL! That is NOT how you comfort someone!

Oh definitely.  The whole scene cracked me up. Gail, the casserole, the my serial  killer husband conversation,  it was all so good. 

Summer has the worst luck with adults.  If I was that kid I'd start taking it personally. Just joking, but wow poor kid.

Glad I've been spoiled, because this is one storyline I don't mind knowing about in advance.  Too, too sad.

Yeah I saw y'all discussing it so I googled it and was glad I spoiled myself so I can process it before I see it. 

• Love 1
On 28/04/2018 at 4:57 PM, Quof said:

Michelle is a Connor.  Carla was married to Michelle's brother, so no, they are not related.

Actually when Johnny and Aiden first turned up ITV shared a family tree and Johnny and Mick (Michelle's Dad) are first cousin's. Which would make Carla and Michelle 1st cousins once removed and Carla and Ali 3rd cousins once removed. Which is also why I found it odd Johnny never spoke up when Carla married Paul they would have been at fairly high risk of birth defects if they had decided to have kids. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/8/2018 at 11:10 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

Can anyone fill me in on why those two hate each other?  I know Eileen was with Michael but the animosity seemed to start way before that. Just curious. 

If I recall correctly, the animosity stems back to Todd and Sarah dating, way back when Sarah was a vulnerable young teenage mother and Todd hadn't yet figured out he was gay. I don't think either mother was too happy about the relationship to begin with, especially when they both left home to set up house together with Bethany, despite being little more than kids themselves. Then Todd developed a crush on Nick (the 2nd) and snogged him when he was asleep, Nick woke up to find Todd kissing him and reacted badly, Sarah was devastated to discover that the boyfriend she thought she could rely on (and had left home at 16 to live with) was not only gay but fancied her brother more than her, and it blew up into an enormous family feud. Gail was furious that Todd had hurt Sarah, Eileen wanted to defend her son, and it all culminated in a massive cat fight in the street. There's been bad blood between Gail and Eileen ever since.

Sarah later jilting Jason at the altar didn't help, either.

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Llywela said:

If I recall correctly, the animosity stems back to Todd and Sarah dating, way back when Sarah was a vulnerable young teenage mother and Todd hadn't yet figured out he was gay. I don't think either mother was too happy about the relationship to begin with, especially when they both left home to set up house together with Bethany, despite being little more than kids themselves. Then Todd developed a crush on Nick (the 2nd) and snogged him when he was asleep, Nick woke up to find Todd kissing him and reacted badly, Sarah was devastated to discover that the boyfriend she thought she could rely on (and had left home at 16 to live with) was not only gay but fancied her brother more than her, and it blew up into an enormous family feud. Gail was furious that Todd had hurt Sarah, Eileen wanted to defend her son, and it all culminated in a massive cat fight in the street. There's been bad blood between Gail and Eileen ever since.

Sarah later jilting Jason at the altar didn't help, either.

Thank you so much. Great background info.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Didn't he jilt her? 

I forget, it's been such a long time - and I'm not a regular viewer. There was definitely jilting involved. They had two weddings, in the end, I remember that - maybe they took turns jilting each other!

*tries to remember*

I think Jason jilted Sarah first time around, and then they had another wedding and that time Sarah left Jason? Is that how it went? It would have been when she moved to Italy to work for her uncle. But I'm hazy on the details, I admit. Either way, it added to the animosity between Gail and Eileen.

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 1

Oh I remember now - he jilted her at the first one by jumping out the bathroom window. The second one David ruined by driving into a canal or something to piss her off (back on his psycjo days). They got married though and then I think they split shortly after when he wouldn't go to Milan with her.

• Love 1

Now that I come to think back, I believe Sarah was actually pregnant with Todd's child when he made his pass at Nick, and when she went into premature labour and lost the baby, Todd was blamed quite resoundingly for causing her so much stress. It was all very messy. So yeah, there was a huge amount of intra-family animosity over the whole relationship and breakup - which Gail and Eileen have never quite got over or forgiven one another for!

Funny, really, that the two mothers remain so hostile to one another, when Sarah and Todd ended up being such close friends after they each returned to the Street.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Oh.. And then after all that Sarah slept with Jason causing him and Todd to fall out massively and led to Todds original exit. 

It's all coming back now. Yeah, suffice to say, Gail and Eileen's long-running feud was born out of the messy love lives of their kids and went on from there!

• Love 1

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the whole Toyah and Eva mess isn't going end with Eva taking the baby back. I wonder if its actually going to be that Eva leaves her daughter with Peter and Toyah but Johnny finds out the truth and sues for custody. Which could get interesting. Technically Eva is the childs mother and if she decides to allow her friends to adopt her child that should be her right since Aidan is dead. Johnny would have rights too though which could complicate things. Could he actually sue for custody on the U.K.?

9 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the whole Toyah and Eva mess isn't going end with Eva taking the baby back. I wonder if its actually going to be that Eva leaves her daughter with Peter and Toyah but Johnny finds out the truth and sues for custody. Which could get interesting. Technically Eva is the childs mother and if she decides to allow her friends to adopt her child that should be her right since Aidan is dead. Johnny would have rights too though which could complicate things. Could he actually sue for custody on the U.K.?

In theory, possibly, but he'd have an uphill battle since Aidan isn't named on the birth certificate and the baby's mother is of sound mind and made her decision freely. I mean, the legality of the current custody arrangement is highly questionable and I can't see how either Eva or Toyah think they are going to prevent Peter, at least, learning the truth, since my admittedly hazy knowledge of surrogacy suggests that the surrogate is the legal mother, even if the child isn't biologically hers, and the parents then have to adopt the baby, even if it is biologically theirs, and there would be no way of preventing Peter finding out from those legal documents, if nothing else, that the baby came from the wrong surrogate - and the truth would unravel pretty quickly from there. But whether the show will acknowledge that or have it all unravel some other way remains to be seen.

As far as Johnny goes, if he did try to get custody, I think he'd have a hard time. His age and health would be against him, for starters. My parents have just gone through a long legal battle to get a residence order for my niece, and they already had physical custody and the consent of both of the baby's parents, plus support from other family members including myself, but they still had to fight it out in multiple court appearances because they are in their late 60s and that counted against them. How old is Johnny? Probably about the same age, 60-something, plus he also has MS, which would count against him, and is only recently married. Would Jenny and Kate support trying to get the baby? I'm not sure. He'd also have to prove Aidan's paternity - legally, I mean, not just by confession from Eva, because the father has to be named on the birth certificate to have any legal rights over a child, and Aidan isn't. Eva as the birth mother has all the rights, so if she chooses to let her stepsister (well, ish) adopt her baby, she is within her rights to do so. Grandparents don't have any legal rights whatsoever. Johnny could try to prevent such an adoption,  but realistically speaking he'd have a struggle on his hands, and I'm not sure it's a struggle he'd have any chance of winning. He'd be better off fighting for contact rights, and even then, since Aidan doesn't have paternal rights, he wouldn't find it easy, legally speaking.

Johnny is looking for an explanation as to why Aiden would end his life.  He believes he was fine the last time they spoke at the party and that something happened that night that made him commit suicide.   If he finds out that Aiden came to the realization that the baby Toyah brought home was his, and that he visited Eva that night, Johnny will surely place the blame on them.  And Peter will learn the truth and the fallout will be huge.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jude really needs to shut up and sit down. He has the balls to be pissed off at Angie for kissing Adam, after he’s lied to her for two years? Boy, bye!

Toyah is awful. She and her stupid blouses piss me off. I feel sorry for Eva, especially since the first few days after a baby’s birth are such a rollercoaster of emotions/hormones. I remember a couple of days after my first child was born, I was in my hospital room crying because he was in the nursery and wasn’t getting the hang of eating properly...the nurse came in, saw me crying, and reassured me that even if everything had been 100% perfect, I would still be crying!

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2018 at 8:19 AM, Capricasix said:

Toyah is awful.

She really is... selfish and idiotic. I never understand the point of all the lies. Just tell the truth... it's so much easier. But, then I guess it wouldn't be a soap opera. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2018 at 8:19 AM, Capricasix said:

Jude really needs to shut up and sit down. He has the balls to be pissed off at Angie for kissing Adam, after he’s lied to her for two years? Boy, bye!

Toyah is awful. She and her stupid blouses piss me off. I feel sorry for Eva, especially since the first few days after a baby’s birth are such a rollercoaster of emotions/hormones. I remember a couple of days after my first child was born, I was in my hospital room crying because he was in the nursery and wasn’t getting the hang of eating properly...the nurse came in, saw me crying, and reassured me that even if everything had been 100% perfect, I would still be crying!

What was Jude doing for work in  Australia?  How did he make enough money to carry on as if he was earning what a marine biologist  would? 

Angie should be pissed their whole relationship is a lie....lucky her she got to kiss Adam, swoon lol. I know she shouldn't have but he's sexy.

43 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Watching the Aidan episode right now - it’s heartbreaking ?

I watched some clips on YouTube,  have some tissues ready. I think I'm a couple episodes away....I'm not looking forward to watching the whole episode. I will but it's so incredibly sad.  

• Love 1