Type keyword(s) to search

Ben And Lauren: Happily Ever After? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wow, that is interesting.  I haven't been watching, but after reading this I checked out online stories and there are all sorts of them discussing this.  It just goes to show how stupid they were for doing a reality show in the first place to show their relationship...I am sure Lauren is thrilled to be rejected like this in front of many.

• Love 1

Ben is an insecure manchild who needs his partner to fawn over him and tell him he's the bestest no matter what and Lauren is not that person. She's not the adoring girlfriend who'll look up to him and giggle at all his lame jokes, on the contrary, she rolls her eyes at him and often acts a bit passive-aggressive. One, or both of them, is gonna have to change their ways or he'll never feel ready.

• Love 1

So, is the wedding really off or will there be an episode next week where it is back on? I agree, Ben is a total child. Lauren is just interested in having a tv wedding. The vocal fry! All of her bridesmaids seemed to have it too.

Ben's been with Lauren for a year.  They're living together.  I truly think he's ready to marry her but he's obviously freaking over the kids and white picket fence.  If she wanted to wait in having kids I think he'd marry her tomorrow.

The twins at the group therapy was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on TV.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sup wit dat said:

Ben's been with Lauren for a year.  They're living together.  I truly think he's ready to marry her but he's obviously freaking over the kids and white picket fence.  If she wanted to wait in having kids I think he'd marry her tomorrow.

I don't have any problem with him not being ready for kids and white picket fence. It's the saying yes to a wedding, letting her go pick bridesmaid dresses with her friends, televising the whole process, then calling off the wedding (not postponing) while she's in a wedding dress. She couldn't even escape to lick her wounds. She had to go straight back, explain to the group, then have the twins help her take the dress off in shame. Who does that?

This show is scripted and even then they can't make it interesting because these two are both dimwitted. Seriously, we're really watching them watch tv. We have resorted to not only watching other people live their lives instead of living our own, but actually watching them watch tv. I can't say enough how stupid that segment was. Oh and then there was that really interesting cookie part where Ben had to spit out the cookie. So much fun.

I think the franchise is doing this show for damage control since Ben told JoJo he loved her. They have to prove that he actually loves Lauren. Btw, methinks Ben doth protest too much when it comes to Jojo. The show is trying so hard to convince us that Ben and Lauren are a success.

Edited by Nowhere

I don't have a problem with Ben not wanting to get married right away. I don't think a year is a long time to be together - they are still getting to know each other. The thing is, the wedding only came about at this time because they were offered a chance to have their wedding televised, but it had to be done in a very quick timeline. If it was not for that offer they would not be rushing the wedding.

Since they said yes to the televised wedding, Ben has been showing quite clearly that he really isn't ready. Lauren has her bridesmaids and dresses picked out, and Ben hasn't even thought about who he wants to ask to stand up with him. Ben was very clear at the group therapy (a truly stupid idea) that he was not ready for a wedding at this time. So I am totally confused as to why at the end he is in a tux, Lauren is in a wedding dress and he is telling her (yet again!) that he is not ready. Why were they both dressed up, and why would he be seeing her in a wedding dress at this time?

I think it was a bad idea in general for them to have a reality show so soon into their relationship. I hope they survive and get married at a time that is right for them both. (As much as I don't like Josh and Heather on Million Dollar Listing LA, the maturity they showed in post phoning their wedding for two years seems to have paid off for them).

And finally, please get Lace and Grant, and the twins off this show. I have no interest in any of them (OK, I like Grant but if I never see any of the other three I would be quite happy). If there needs to be filler on the show (and apparently there does) get them some new friends.

• Love 1

If he is not ready to be married that is fine but they need to go back to dating.  She needs to get back to a job like normal people, get an apartment and DATE.  Take a few years and see how it goes.  But you dimwit - you go on a show called the BACHELOR and ask a chick to marry you and of course she has the wedding planned out. 

These two are unbearable to watch.  I work from home and when I have a particularly gross this to work on I put this on so I am forced to do what I loathe.  I keep praying it is the last episode

• Love 1
On 11/22/2016 at 7:35 AM, scribe95 said:

I think this is all a stunt to increase ratings for this show. Not buying it at all.

I agree. Tells her the wedding is off while in a tux and she in a wedding  dress?  On come on. 

No need to wonder why they did this, the money is phenomenal. 

Dear God, this has got to be one of the worst shows I've ever seen. We binge watched the whole thing last weekend while packing to move and it definitely falls into a fascinated hate-watch arena. 

The scripting is bad beyond anything the Bachelor franchise has ever done, to the point where I don't know they're bothering. It's so cringe-worthy to listen to the elaborate set-ups for shoehorning random Bachelor alums in. 

Also, those fucking twins. Please stop trying to make the twins happen, they are not going to happen. Those two in a pre-marital counseling session, wtf? They're so hammy, they've really bought into the hype that people find it hilarious when they're shrieking in fear or being stupid. I guarantee those two show up in some capacity on the new Bachelor season and I'm already dreading it. Definite franchise lifers. 

The problem with Ben and Lauren is that even when they're being stupid (rapping in the car, for example), they're just not funny. Mildly naggy and (more than) slightly dorky do not make a show.

Ugh, the rapping. Since they aren't funny, those segments are so incredibly awkward. And they're both so stilted when the camera is focused on them. I can actually see glimmers of what they're probably like on their own and they probably mesh well and have a good time together (boring as it may be from the outside), but they are not meant to be front and center tv stars. 

Lauren I used to like but her going on and obsession over Jojo was just annoying. Especially her attitude over going to lunch, when the whole lunch was for this show and to be taped. Yet Lauren's acting like she's doing Jojo this huge favor, it was Jojo who agreed to come on this show for them. Just like all the other alums in the preview.

I can't actually blame Lauren for being a little tense over JoJo. Not necessarily because there's anything to worry about at this point, but because that scenario is a bit of a black cloud over the beginning of their relationship and one that the whole world saw. I don't think I'd be able to shrug that off either. So I don't think she's personally obsessing over it, but understandably gets irritated when she's reminded of it, which probably happens a lot. 

The fake(ish) JoJo drama just made me think once again how fast JoJo would've gotten bored of Ben. Lauren seems like the easiest person ever to entertain, so Ben really won the jackpot there. Though the way she was acting towards him at times made me think she's already a bit disillusioned by his unlovableness.

Agreed about JoJo probably tiring of Ben pretty quickly. The 2 minutes she was on the phone with them were livelier than most of this entire series. 

• Love 1
On October 23, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Pickles said:

Why in the world has Lauren left her job?? Why would you do that? Is she just lazy and is thinking they'll cash in with the tv show and televised wedding? What does she do all day? I don't get it at all. She was a flight attendant for Alaskan Airlines, but they have different hubs everywhere. I would think she could continue working. Neither Lauren nor Ben seem to have any spark at all. JoJo seems to have personality plus, compared to these two.

She was a little vague about the details, but it seems possible that she was asked not to return. She said the passengers were recognizing her and always wanted to talk to her about Bachelor stuff, which was getting in the way of her doing her job. It sounds somewhat plausible, though entirely possible that she's just feeling too famous to work an everyday job. 

From what I understand from other Bachelor threads, a lot of them make serious cash shilling on Instagram, so I assume she's getting a nice chunk of change from that. 

I didn't think the prank was funny either, just mean. I'm sure Ben was really excited about throwing the first pitch and then it was overshadowed by several days of stressing out about the singing. How is that funny? I wouldn't do that to an enemy let alone the person I love the most. I'm pretty sure it was the show that set it up, but Lauren went along with it and kept mum for days. 

That was my thought too. He was really pumped about getting to throw out that first pitch and her prank pretty much eclipsed any kind of fun he was having with it. 

The whole prank thing running through all of the shows seems exceptionally juvenile. I realize they're trying to create "funny" moments, but manufactured humor doesn't work. It especially doesn't work when the two main characters are not particularly funny or charismatic. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:47 PM, Pickles said:

I have this dopey show on. New episode. Ben seriously says that Lauren will have to be his biggest cheerleader and reassure him (it sounds like all of the time). I would be running, running, running. He has some serious insecurities. It would be emotionally draining to be his partner/wife. 

His mother said the same thing, so even SHE tried to give a warning as to what a future with him may look like.

• Love 1