Type keyword(s) to search

Now's A Great Time To Get On Board With The Good Place

This has been a real bright spot for me this season; it's very funny and inventive.  

Tahani is my favorite character, and probably the one person who actually belongs in The Good Place.  I was afraid at first that she'd be the insufferable brown-noser of the group, but she's really kind and sweet.  The actress who plays her is really doing a great job.

• Love 1

I love this show, and you are right: NBC has done an ATROCIOUS job of marketing it. I only learned of it from the Extra Hot Great podcast, and even then, I only really realized it was a Michael Schur show when I saw the credits. And then it made sense why it was so awesome. I hope the bad marketing doesn't get it cancelled, it's definitely a story I want to keep seeing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jenny K said:

I know Ted Danson has been a TV star for a long time, but it wasn't until Season 2 of Fargo and now this show that I really realized just how great he is at what he does.

He was also great in Bored to Death, from HBO. His acting has always been so effortless, you can't tell he's acting, he makes everything look so easy.

I was hooked instantly when I read about it a couple of weeks ago. Mike Schur's new show starring Kristen Bell and Ted Danson? No further questions. There's a Parks & Rec shaped hole in the TV landscape (okay, there's always B99) and if any show can fill it, it's this one. 

Curious about their plan going forward. Everyone's there for all eternity, so you can't really have have lots of guest stars (unless the place is a lot bigger and we just don't see the other inhabitants much). That's not necessarily bad, but how many episodes can you fill with just that plot alone? And where can you go once you told it? Then again, that's a problem you want to have a year or two from now and you could always introduce new stuff if necessary, maybe even move to the entire good place to a new location or something like that (we're in heaven, after all, so at least that offers up plenty of possibilities). Anyway, loved the first six episodes. 

4 hours ago, DeLurker said:

I think they have done an outstanding job with the rest of the cast - Chidi, Tahani, Jianyu and Janet (love love love Janet).

Yeah, Janet's my favorite, too. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DeLurker said:

I think they have done an outstanding job with the rest of the cast - Chidi, Tahani, Jianyu and Janet (love love love Janet).

I love that half the cast aren't white or named Mary, John or Charles. When I was watching last night I was awed by the fact that we had a whole sublot for characters named Chidi, Tahani and Jianyu. I love it.

• Love 4

I'll chime in to say I love this show, too, and really hope it sticks around. Absolutely hilarious and smart and original. I love best the guy who plays Chidi - it could be a sort of thankless, straight-man role, but I find him hysterical (and also probably the most genuinely kind and decent person on the show - though I suppose we'll see how that goes).

• Love 5