Type keyword(s) to search

Barack Hussein Obama II: 44th President of The United States

Holy crap.   Trump had them in the palm of his hand at the Al Smith Dinner and he started in on Hillary and went low----and they are literally booing him.

Talk about being unable to read the room.

I hope she kills him when it is her turn.

• Love 7
Just now, car54 said:

Holy crap.   Trump had them in the palm of his hand at the Al Smith Dinner and he started in on Hillary and went low----and they are literally booing him.

Talk about being unable to read the room.

I hope she kills him when it is her turn.

Yea, I cant believe some of his "jokes"...people booing!  Maria Bartaromo is behind him & she looked appalled for a moment.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yea, I cant believe some of his "jokes"...people booing!  Maria Bartaromo is behind him & she looked appalled for a moment.

I must have missed that.

All we saw was her cleavage (in varying degrees of exposure), her gloves and her phone which she checked and texted on almost constantly. Took off one of those annoying gloves each time.

Aren't they told to turn their phones off?

Aaaand, I'm going to miss Obama. I was for Hillary in '08 but voted for Barack, twice, and am thrilled with his accomplishments and his entire family's ability to display such grace under such pressure. 

• Love 9
On 10/18/2016 at 11:06 PM, sassykattt said:

First, the even slight possibility that the Classy Obamas could be followed by the trashy trumps makes me want to vomit.

Second, WOW Michelle!  You really brought it!

Or the trashy Clintons. You can say what you want about the Clintons but they have never been classy.

1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Yep.  That happened.  She was awesome.

And Obama was also awesome yesterday in Florida speaking to the millennials. 

This is where Secretary Clinton has had quite a bit of difficulty.  The Obamas have been awesome in this regard with their authenticity and their ability to keep it real without sounding as if they are being condescending or trying to be something they are not.  It will be a long time before we see another president with President Obama's oratorical gifts.

Admittedly, for all his faults, Bill Clinton had that same ability--at least for me--because I got the sense that he was actually listening and could relate to what the average person was going through.

• Love 9

Bill had a lot of charisma and could fake the authenticity until you got used to his tells - biting his lower lip, etc. After that, you just saw smarm. With the Obamas, you never saw smarm. 

• Love 1

Like when he tries to be Cool Dad and self-consciously leans on his elbow on the lectern and puts on that act?  Not smarmy, eh?  Yeah.  That's so fucking self-aware and forced, it produces eye-rolls.  He has affectations aplenty that aren't sincere. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Like when he tries to be Cool Dad and self-consciously leans on his elbow on the lectern and puts on that act?  Not smarmy, eh?  Yeah.  That's so fucking self-aware and forced, it produces eye-rolls.  He has affectations aplenty that aren't sincere. 

No one has ever commented on those affections in the media. Bill's were well known and commented on in the media all the time. There's a reason that SNL has never been able to do a good Obama impression. Obama didn't give them anything to work with like Bill's lip-biting. Bill also has decades long history of actually being smarmy. Obama is squeaky clean. No hint of personal scandal in his life. 

The Obamas are the opposite of the Clintons - no serious scandals personally or politically. Incredible progressive accomplishments without embracing triangulation.  No hint of corruption. There's a reason every sleaze on the Dem side is crawling out of the woodwork after 7 years of not being seen or heard. They know it is going to be open season again in the WH. 

• Love 3

I never could stand that lip-biting thing Bill Clinton did/does. I think it was supposed to be vulnerable and cute but I put it in "fake and smarmy". Then again, I never was a huge fan and still worry that he's going to somehow ruin Hillary's chances in the next 17 days. Of the two, I do greatly prefer her.

CSpan re-ran Obama's Al Smith Dinner speech from 2012. Say what you will, but he's got a natural comedic delivery--even milks the joke for more laughter like the pros do with an additional reaction--his big smile when a joke fails, or a pause followed by "heh". It gets a laugh because he does it so well.

Al Smith V said Hillary's material was better than the audience's response to it. She did fine, but I think Obama probably would have pushed them to get the jokes. (They're all lucky Donald won the draw and went first. Otherwise, what a buzz kill finish for what's supposed to be a fun night!  I thought Al Smith V was unexpectedly quite funny--even cutting, but funny.

I've never seen Maria Bartiromo without the smug bitchface. She looked gorgeous, like a young Sophia Loren. Very glamorous. (I also give her points for being the only person behind the speaker who seemed to be paying attention and responding--laughing equally at both, but looking truly shocked--mouth gaping--when Donald "went there". Other than her, and the other woman you rarely saw behind the speaker, that group of men they put on camera was incredibly lifeless! They weren't mannequins, right? Did anyone tell them smiling is a good idea at a dinner like that--even if you have no idea at all what's going on--which seemed to be the case? I thought Hillary did well--and a great finish--considering the challenges.)

• Love 8

I am thrilled that when President Obama exits stage left that he won't be a lame duck.  According to Rachel Maddow, he already has his next gig lined up.  Apparently, he and former AG Eric Holder will be leading a post-Drumpf redistricting campaign.

I'm glad that this issue is finally being addressed.  And, please, Mr. President, keep reminding the GOP that it's too late to step back from Drumpf.  They happily invited that serpent into their garden, allowing him to speak at the CPAC and "values voters" conferences and other venues.  Please also keep calling out the cowards who won't take a stand--the same ones who vowed to make you a one-term president.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The last one was pure gold. I love that man.

I'm so relieved that the Mean Tweets - President Obama Edition #2 knocked some  Project Veritas video off the top of the trending list I get from YT.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Pig.

Yep. I totally agree. At least most of us still try to respect the office of the President, even if we think the wrong person has that title/job. It appears Hannity can't even show that type of respect.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

He may also be amenable to a ticket to Jakarta, Indonesia (where he grew up).

The President spent 4 years in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather before moving back to Hawaii to live with his grandparents.  He was ten years old when he moved back to Hawaii, so he hardly grew up in Indonesia. 

29 minutes ago, atomationage said:

The President spent 4 years in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather before moving back to Hawaii to live with his grandparents.  He was ten years old when he moved back to Hawaii, so he hardly grew up in Indonesia. 

I was using what (at least I thought) Politico said about that, but it was the wee small hours/early this morning when I posted, so I may have been wrong. Or Hannity's obviously wrong, if they attributed a comment about Jakarta to him.

• Love 2

Not exactly a political ad or anything like that, but Obama's message below is just another reason I love this President. And I don't care if Dubya did them as well, he wasn't as sincere. And it's such a palate cleanser after that insulting "ad" of the Orangutan.

Not to mention he can actually pronounce the words.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because spelling is IMPORTANT, dammit!
  • Love 5

Is corporate media even talking about this bit of good news today?  Last Economic Snapshot Before Election

All I can say is thank you, President Obama!  In spite of 8 years of obstruction after inheriting the worst economy in my lifetime (so far), you hung in there and we have had many months of steady job growth as well as an increase in the GDP.

Man, how I wish you didn't have to leave!

Oh, and Jack Welch and anyone else who believes these numbers were skewed and are phony can kiss my entire ass.

• Love 19

Someone reminded me the other day that GW Bush got votes from some because he was a guy they could see drinking a beer with (which is a ridiculous reason for choosing a president, IMO).  This got me thinking and I realized that Obama is the only president that I wish I could drink a beer with, and I don't even like beer.  I would drink two if Michelle came with us.  

• Love 16

POTUS' most recent appearance on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! is being repeated tonight--starting in about 10 minutes in the Eastern/Central time zones & 3 hours 10 minutes from now in the Mountain/Pacific time zones. Check local listings for the times in Alaska & Hawaii.

Many people will miss Barack Obama when he leaves office. I don't know what his future plans are but I'm sure he'll be remaining in Washington and politics, it's in his blood. (proved that with a blood test:). I'm hoping President Clinton will offer him a cabinet post or ambassadorship. Perhaps she'll appoint him to lead a commission on criminal justice reform, gun control or nuclear non-proliferation. Whichever cause he works on we can be sure he'll work with the same intensity and focus as we've seen from him over the past eight years. He's unfaltering and unflappable. 

I think most will agree that they trust this man more than any politician of current times, I know that I certainly have. He's a wonderful husband, father and friend to his friends. He has a genuineness and warmth that translates easily even through the eye of a camera. He has a vast amount of empathy for others less fortunate that most politicians either don't have or don't show. We very rarely see emotions of sadness and sympathy from any politician but we saw Barack Obama weep openly after the Sandy Hook shootings. In my book, that's a real man.

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Many people will miss Barack Obama when he leaves office. I don't know what his future plans are but I'm sure he'll be remaining in Washington and politics, it's in his blood. (proved that with a blood test:). I'm hoping President Clinton will offer him a cabinet post or ambassadorship. Perhaps she'll appoint him to lead a commission on criminal justice reform, gun control or nuclear non-proliferation. Whichever cause he works on we can be sure he'll work with the same intensity and focus as we've seen from him over the past eight years. He's unfaltering and unflappable. 

I think most will agree that they trust this man more than any politician of current times, I know that I certainly have. He's a wonderful husband, father and friend to his friends. He has a genuineness and warmth that translates easily even through the eye of a camera. He has a vast amount of empathy for others less fortunate that most politicians either don't have or don't show. We very rarely see emotions of sadness and sympathy from any politician but we saw Barack Obama weep openly after the Sandy Hook shootings. In my book, that's a real man.

I have this dream he'll go on to become Chief Justice of SCOTUS.

• Love 16

With the side benefit of making the heads of the Republican congress explode.   We can hope.

He is going to work with Holder on organizing voters and recruiting better people to be in government, I believe and we know he's good at that.   Hopefully so that when they do the redisticting in 2020 things will be better.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, HumblePi said:

I'm hoping President Clinton will offer him a cabinet post or ambassadorship. Perhaps she'll appoint him to lead a commission on criminal justice reform, gun control or nuclear non-proliferation.

I'd like him to be Sec of State - put all that goodwill to profound use -- and who knows better than Obama and Hillary what they each faced in their respective offices? 

• Love 2

How many words can I use to describe how much I heart President Obama? Both too many and not enough. As someone who thought that I would never see a Black president in my lifetime, for me to say that I'm proud of him would be an understatement. From the moment I saw him speak at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, Barack Obama has impressed me, inspired me, educated me and moved me. Even on the rare times when I disagreed with him, Obama has given me something to thin about. He hasn't been "perfect," but I never expected him to be. No President can be all things to all people. President Obama has tried his damnedest to serve his country and for the most part IMO he's succeeded. As for his setbacks, they aren't his fault. Obama has had to deal with Republicans who have fought him tooth and nail literally from day one. As far as I'm concerned, any successes that Obama has had over the last 8 years has been despite the Republicans, not because of them.

And then there's Michelle, who's extraordinary in her own right. That Barack is smart enough to pick Michelle, is lucky enough to have her and he know sit speaks volumes about both his character and their marriage. That they have raised two intelligent and beautiful daughters speaks volumes about them as parents. When I saw the four of them onstage in Chicago the first time Obamas won, it moved me to tears on several levels. Seeing that beautiful and amazing family on that stage that night with the whole world watching was profound, to say the least. The Obamas prove that strong and loving Black families don't jsut happen on sitcoms. 

This election proves that as great as Obama is at governing, he's even better at campaigning. Trump may give more soundbites and draw huge crowds, but unlike Trump, Obama actually uses his powers for good. When a pro-Trump protester was at a Hillary campaign rally where Obama spoke, Obama neither physically attacked him nor had him kicked out; otoh, when an anti-Trump Republican protester interrupted Trump, his minions not only attacked him, some of them attacked the press for just doing their jobs, which is yet another example of the history of violence that has become one of the trademarks of the Trump campaign. President Obama's ability to turn a negative into a positive without taking it personally-at least not as personally as Trump does-is more proof that even on his best day, Trump will never be as Presidential as President Obama-not that Trump will ever be President-without even trying. Those two incidents prove that the differences between Trump and Obama are the difference between night and day, figuratively and literally. 

I believe that President Obama will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents in American history and if the thought of him losing the White House to an orange-tinted asshole who has insulted his intelligence, his credentials and even his citizenship is nauseating, embarrassing and downright infuriating to me, I know it must be the same for Obama. However, I won't let Obama's legacy go down without a fight because when it comes to politics, I not only "stay woke," as the kids call it these days, I've never been asleep in the first place. 

• Love 21

This is him campaigning in Michigan.

So, to every autoworker on the assembly line right here in Michigan, to every small business owner, every barkeep, every teacher in communities that depend on the auto industry, I think I’ve earned some credibility here.  Plants that were closing when I took office are working double-shift now.  The auto industry has record sales.  I think I’ve earned some credibility here.  Manufacturing jobs have grown at the fastest rate since the ‘90s -- when another Clinton was President.  I think we’ve earned some credibility here.  So when I tell you that Donald Trump is not the guy who’s going to look out for you, you need to listen.  Don’t be bamboozled.  Don’t fall for the okie-doke.

• Love 10
On 11/5/2016 at 7:08 AM, HumblePi said:

I'm hoping President Clinton will offer him a cabinet post or ambassadorship.

I'm just hoping there will actually be a President Clinton.

• Love 4

I watched Hamilton's America and the room got so dusty when Chris Jackson was singing One Last Time to the Obama's.  I'm going to miss them so much.

Edited by Bean421
Trying to code is hard
  • Love 3

According to Rachel Maddow, President Obama is more popular than ever.  In fact, he is more popular at this time in his second term than President Reagan was in 1988 and just behind President Clinton in 2000.  Obama More Popular Than Ever

I remember falling to my knees and sobbing in my living room on Election Night 2008.  I was so overwhelmed by what WE did!  I called my baby sister in New York and we cried together.  You see, our late dad and his brothers were WWII veterans.  They fought for their country; yet, when they returned home, they couldn't vote.  We cried for our grandparents who lived in a segregated Florence, South Carolina and faced economic reprisals because they dared to attempt the unthinkable.  They and others like them not only fought the good fight, but they risked everything to house and feed volunteers and lawyers who traveled to the South to ensure that they would have a better life.  

They could have never imagined that one day that we would have the opportunity to vote for a Black man.  I'm going to miss President Obama and even my Republican husband shook his head in sadness this morning and wished he could vote for this president again.  "Babe, can't we amend the Constitution or something before he leaves office?"  All I could do was shake my head with sadness.

• Love 20