Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Don't Tell Annalise

Finally got a chance to catch this, and I thought it was another good one. I actually like the CotW, when I have found the last few to be a little meh. I liked seeing Bonnie and Asher together again, and I left actually feeling emotional. That poor kid. Was a messed up life. 

I still have no idea why the writers bothered breaking up with Oliver and Connor. They still hang out all the time, and they get along alright, just somewhat awkwardly, and it just seems so contrived to create more drama. I also now wonder if Connor and Oliver get back together between now and the time jump. I feel like maybe they do, which makes me feel like it would be Connor who died. Getting back with an ex after an estrangement is the 20 something version of being two days until retirement in a cop movie. 

Eve and Annalise  are just so great together. She is the only one of Annalises love interests that she really seems comfortable with and has fun being around. Nate and Annalise are a mess, no matter how hot the sex is. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, helenamonster said:

I'm obsessed with the music on this show. Their music supervisor is consistently on point with the choices, and uses a lot of songs by the same artists, which I think is cool. I may or may not have a Spotify playlist that is every single song used on this show in chronological order. It's not important.

Eh, I think that's pretty cool, actually.  I've certainly become a fan of a lot of the artists they feature, most especially Zola Jesus who did the music that played both under the scene of Frank killing Lila and again when he confessed to Laurel.  And I've listened to "Indian Summer" that was used in four-couple intercut sex scene in S2 more times than I can count.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, helenamonster said:

I'm obsessed with the music on this show. Their music supervisor is consistently on point with the choices, and uses a lot of songs by the same artists, which I think is cool. I may or may not have a Spotify playlist that is every single song used on this show in chronological order. It's not important.

I second the link request.  Shondaland shows always have the best music!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, darkestboy said:

Wow, this one certainly delivered.

Laurel being pregnant, I didn't see coming and neither did I think she'd be in the house as well. Interesting that Meggy was the one to discover her pregnancy though as Bonnie and Oliver were at the hospital.

Bonnie and Laurel having a secret is interesting. I wasn't expecting Frank to actually kill Bonnie's father but it was a nice enough twist too.

Annalise and Eve are probably better suited to each other but it's a little frustrating the show can't use the word 'bisexual' and I can't shake the feeling off that either Eve or Nate will be the dead body in the house. Nate and Annalise really do need to break up as well.

I liked the case of the week with Bonnie and Asher and them working through some of their past issues as well. 

Connor and Oliver trying to move on from each other makes sense but it does feel like they'll have reunited before we get to the fire debacle though. Is Simon always going to be a pain in the backside though?

The consequences of Annalise's slap from last week were explored nicely enough, even if the alcoholism claim gives her an out as such.

Michaela was a bit off in this episode and Wes just seemed fixated on Laurel's every move, 8/10

Thus far, they've shown or discussed Annalise being attracted to men and Eve, not men and women.  

I like that in this last episode Annalise labled herself "complicated".   As I said before, the gay/bi/queer labels dont fit everyone attracted at least in part to the same sex, and Annalise Keating as we've been shown would soundly reject those labels.  

But just to be clear, I do think Annalise is in love with Eve and ending up with Eve would be her happily-ever-after.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, doram said:

I think that's incredibly cool and if you don't mind sharing your playlist, that would be only cooler. 

20 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I second the link request.  Shondaland shows always have the best music!

I'll post it in the media thread so as not to get too off-topic in here!

• Love 3
On 10/15/2016 at 11:31 AM, secnarf said:

I wouldn't go that far. She breaks up with Vanessa, Annalise calls her for help, Wes gets arrested for Mahoney's murder, etc. There are plenty of possible reasons for her to return. I hope she stays away until after the fire, as much as I love watching her onscreen, but if they want to bring her back, they could write it in pretty easily. I wonder/hope if her move to San Francisco is more because the actress is on another show and will have limited availability.

I agree they can write Eve back into the show.  Actually, this show can write in anyone. That's how bonkers it is. Sam was killed in the first couple of episodes, I think? But he was on screen well after that.  Annalise's braids, Lila and Wes' mother were all dead before the show started but managed to make it on screen. 

On 10/17/2016 at 8:49 PM, Tiger said:

Thus far, they've shown or discussed Annalise being attracted to men and Eve, not men and women.  

I like that in this last episode Annalise labled herself "complicated".   As I said before, the gay/bi/queer labels dont fit everyone attracted at least in part to the same sex, and Annalise Keating as we've been shown would soundly reject those labels.  

But just to be clear, I do think Annalise is in love with Eve and ending up with Eve would be her happily-ever-after.

I agree.  Men + Eve. Also, Annalise loves Eve. And Eve definitely truly loves her. Perhaps Nate does, too. But not as sure of his feelings for her as I am of Eve's.

On 10/17/2016 at 1:48 PM, tennisgurl said:

Finally got a chance to catch this, and I thought it was another good one. I actually like the CotW, when I have found the last few to be a little meh. I liked seeing Bonnie and Asher together again, and I left actually feeling emotional. That poor kid. Was a messed up life. 

I still have no idea why the writers bothered breaking up with Oliver and Connor. They still hang out all the time, and they get along alright, just somewhat awkwardly, and it just seems so contrived to create more drama. I also now wonder if Connor and Oliver get back together between now and the time jump. I feel like maybe they do, which makes me feel like it would be Connor who died. Getting back with an ex after an estrangement is the 20 something version of being two days until retirement in a cop movie. 

Eve and Annalise  are just so great together. She is the only one of Annalises love interests that she really seems comfortable with and has fun being around. Nate and Annalise are a mess, no matter how hot the sex is. 

Eve and Annalise are great together. Annalise acts like a normal person with her. They have a real friendship, which all relationships should have. Not the up/down friendship she has with Bonnie (though I like the moments when they act like real friends) or the twisted friendship/relationship she has with Nate. And don't even get me started on her her relationship with Sam. Or even her family, for that matter. Eve is healthy and she brings out the best in Annalise. 

I don't get the Coliver breakup.  The only reasons I can see behind it are: 

1) bringing Oliver into the show as a character with his own story, irrespective of Connor - so maybe there will be a new subplot involving Oliver

2) #1, specifically because Connor's under the sheet 

3) because the show is bonkers

• Love 1
6 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Eve and Annalise are great together. Annalise acts like a normal person with her. They have a real friendship, which all relationships should have. Not the up/down friendship she has with Bonnie (though I like the moments when they act like real friends) or the twisted friendship/relationship she has with Nate. And don't even get me started on her her relationship with Sam. Or even her family, for that matter. Eve is healthy and she brings out the best in Annalise. 

I don't get the Coliver breakup.  The only reasons I can see behind it are: 

1) bringing Oliver into the show as a character with his own story, irrespective of Connor - so maybe there will be a new subplot involving Oliver

2) #1, specifically because Connor's under the sheet 

3) because the show is bonkers

Secrets and lies can damage any relationship. It killed Bonnie & Asher, if you look at the flashbacks Sam lying to Annalise was likely the beginning of the end of their marriage. It's one of the reasons why Eve & Annalise are on again, off again. Oddly enough it's why Michaela & Asher works. They know each others ugly secrets. Secrets and lies have damaged both Frank/Laurel as well as Connor/Oliver. I like both 'ships so I hope they get back together, but the logic is there.

• Love 2
On 10/15/2016 at 8:38 PM, Black Knight said:

I don't like Nate and Annalise together, more because of him than because of her. Part of it is his lack of personality - which seems the writers are fully aware of, given that Eve had a snarky line about his being boring - but also, Nate doesn't even like her, and that's always a total red flag in a relationship. Yes, Annalise is a mess, but it goes beyond that - it's also about him trying to change what she eats and so on, throwing out her junk food. She should've booted him out earlier. He's one of those people who thinks they are being nice when they're actually being quite controlling and condescending.

Eve, on the other hand, actually likes Annalise, and Annalise comes alive with her in a way that she doesn't with anyone else. It was interesting when Annalise yelled at Nate that Eve has more balls than Nate and the rest; you can see which of them she actually respects, and it's not Nate.

This is honestly why I've had a hunch for the last week.  Nate really doesn't seem to like Annalise anymore.  What if he really hasn't all along and is the one behind the "MURDERER" posters?  Some kind of revenge for the wringer through which she put him in season one?  It's possible, right?  Ever since he cheated on her with that other lawyer, I've been thinking that.  Perhaps they're in cahoots to ruin Annalise and probably have been for awhile.

14 minutes ago, Michel said:

This is honestly why I've had a hunch for the last week.  Nate really doesn't seem to like Annalise anymore.  What if he really hasn't all along and is the one behind the "MURDERER" posters?  Some kind of revenge for the wringer through which she put him in season one?  It's possible, right?  Ever since he cheated on her with that other lawyer, I've been thinking that.  Perhaps they're in cahoots to ruin Annalise and probably have been for awhile.

I don't think they've been in cahoots for a while because the lawyer commented how she hadn't seen Nate in a while, but they totally could be now ;)
I don't trust Nate, so I could easily see him plotting against her in some way.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I don't think they've been in cahoots for a while because the lawyer commented how she hadn't seen Nate in a while, but they totally could be now ;)

Might've been a cover to keep their relationship secret.  Who knows?

18 hours ago, doram said:

::lol:: Nice.

In last night's episode, the braids + Sam were back. 

16 hours ago, secnarf said:

I don't trust Nate, so I could easily see him plotting against her in some way.

Why are we seeing Nate and ADA? If he's not with Annalise, why is he on the show? Makes me think there's something going on. Besides, he was actually hanging around the parking lot. Looked to me like he was waiting specifically for her. 

1 hour ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Why are we seeing Nate and ADA? If he's not with Annalise, why is he on the show? Makes me think there's something going on. Besides, he was actually hanging around the parking lot. Looked to me like he was waiting specifically for her. 

He was waiting for her - he was looking into who leaked the video of Annalise slapping her client, and she thought the ADA might be behind it.

I also don't think they were pretending they hadn't seen each other in a while - nobody else was around.

I haven't seen anything to me that suggests they've been plotting something for a while, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if they started plotting something now. I agree that we are seeing the two of them for a reason.

1 hour ago, secnarf said:

He was waiting for her - he was looking into who leaked the video of Annalise slapping her client, and she thought the ADA might be behind it.

I also don't think they were pretending they hadn't seen each other in a while - nobody else was around.

I haven't seen anything to me that suggests they've been plotting something for a while, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if they started plotting something now. I agree that we are seeing the two of them for a reason.

Oh, that's how it started. Ok, makes sense. Well, it makes sense for him. I have no idea why he does the things he does for Annalise. 

• Love 1
On 10/21/2016 at 10:14 AM, doram said:

It's very likely that Annalisse must have tried something similar with Eve but Eve seems to be the only one that has stuck through the crazy. Or maybe Annalisse only likes inciting her male lovers to violence. 

She did. She went into therapy with Sam and then married him. Eve and Annalise didn't speak again until the Mahooney case. Eve is the only one who seems to see Annalise's self sabotaging and running away for what it is and calls her on it. 

• Love 6

The worst part about this season so far me is watching Laurel pine over Wes (who's so blatantly the dead one) and Oliver constantly trotting on his high horse looking down his nose at Conor.