Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Well, Trump's right--Putin is smart.  Smart enough to play Trump like a fiddle and Trump will never even know what happened.  The man was a KGB intelligence officer (Lieutenant Colonel!) for 16 years!  He's a master of this game and Trump is in training.  That's a scary thought.

BTW:  Here's a list of who is going to be in the inaugural parade:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/30/politics/trump-inauguration-parade/index.html

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Well, Trump's right--Putin is smart.  Smart enough to play Trump like a fiddle and Trump will never even know what happened.  The man was a KGB intelligence officer (Lieutenant Colonel!) for 16 years!  He's a master of this game and Trump is in training.  That's a scary thought.

BTW:  Here's a list of who is going to be in the inaugural parade:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/30/politics/trump-inauguration-parade/index.html

Oh my god. The university I got my BSN from is in the parade. That's the same one that forced me to take a year of biblical and religious studies to graduate. Barf. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I'd be afraid to attend.

It reminded me that Vlad Tepes invited a whole bunch of people to a grand party once.   All of Wallachia's poor, crippled and sick.   How they feasted!   The party lasted into the night.   Toward the end, Vlad appeared to address his guests.  "What else do you desire?" he asked them.  "Do you want to be without cares, lacking nothing in this world?"  When they all cried yes, Vlad ordered the hall boarded up and set on fire.  They were all burned alive.   Vlad said he did it "in order that they represent no further burden to other men, and that no one will be poor in my realm."

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I know people like to derisively refer to President Obama as a "community organizer," but maybe go take a look at exactly what he did and accomplished in that role some time.  And as for the rest of his work history, I'd think that the 12 years he spent teaching Constitutional law would be just a tad relevant to the Presidency.  And he also worked for more than one law firm (which is, last I checked, working in the private sector).  

Now, for the incoming POTUS:  How do we know he's a billionaire?  Are we taking his word for it, when he admitted, under oath, that he based his statements of his net worth on, among other things, how he "feels" about it at any given moment?  Maybe if he'd release those pesky tax returns, we could more accurately determine how honest he is about that.  As for his business experience - his success has come at a cost to everyone who has done business with him - those who provided financing and, on many of his projects, were paid pennies on the dollar when he filed for bankruptcy; the small businesses who contracted to provide materials and services were, more often than not, paid less than agreed, if they were paid at all, while Trump used his in house legal team as a weapon to threaten to tie them up in costly litigation if they didn't accept whatever pittance he was demanding they accept.  More than one small business suffered great financial harm, some closing, because of Trump's antics.  I don't know that I'd call his path to whatever financial success he has achieved "reasonable," and I'm sure that the many, many small business owners he's cheated over the years would hesitate to slap the word "reasonable" on his business antics.  I also don't think it's reasonable to violate the law, as Trump has done numerous times, like the self-dealing of his charitable foundation, including not only buying items for his own use with charitable foundation money, but also paying his personal and business lawsuit settlements out of the foundation's funds.  And I most definitely do not think that the efforts he has made to undermine existing alliances, treaties, and diplomatic relationships in the name of currying favor with Putin are reasonable.  Also not reasonable?  His taking credit for things that happened before his election, like the Sprint jobs. (Gee, I keep thinking I'm done here, but then I remember one or two more things to add).  Also not reasonable is the pay to play schemes he and his family have cooked up before he's even taken the oath.  Current scheme?  The $500 tickets to spend NYE with the incoming First Family at Mar A Lago.  Another non reasonable item on the list?  His children, who run an international company bearing his name, sitting in on meetings in his capacity as the President-Elect, when at least some of those meetings are with leaders in areas of the globe where that company (or one of his children's other companies) is doing business or trying to do business.   Oh, and his calls to other world leaders in the role of Pres-Elect where he talks to them about issues that affect his company in their countries.  What chance is left to give him?  He hasn't even taken office yet, and his behavior has already exhausted all of the chances it is remotely wise or safe to give a man who will be sitting in our nation's highest office.  

I wish I could like this more than once.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Lunata said:

trump.png

1 hour ago, Lunata said:

highres_226638672.jpeg

1 hour ago, stormy said:

When did it become ok for a president or incoming president to continue to praise a leader of Russia? 

Apparently, MAGA meant "Make America Go Authoritarian."

• Love 15

POsQRfz.png

A Resolution for 2017: Keep Reminding Trump That He Has no Mandate

Ryan and Conway should brush up on their math. Trump earned 2.9 million fewer votes than his Democratic rival. The Republican earned just 46.1 percent of the popular vote. Only a narrow Electoral College advantage made his president-elect.

Republican Senate candidates earned a little over 42 percent of the vote in contests across the country. Far from receiving the a full-throttle endorsement from an electorate that is enthusiastic about approving Trump’s extreme Cabinet picks and potentially even more extreme judicial nominees, the Senate Republican Caucus lost two seats.

Republican House candidates earned roughly 49 percent of the vote in contests across the country. Far from receiving a full-throttle endorsement of an electorate that is enthusiastic about dismembering Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security and redistributing wealth upward to the billionaire class, Ryan’s House caucus lost six seats.

It is equally absurd to claim that the simple notation of the fact that this president and his allies will come to power with minority rather than majority support is an attempt to “delegitimize the election.” Conway has the calculus precisely wrong, Claiming a mandate when no mandate exists is the real attempt to delegitimize the election – by denying the reality that most Americans did not vote for Trump or for the Republican Senate that will soon attempt to rubber-stamp his nominees for Cabinet posts and the extreme agenda advanced by Ryan in the House.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

Serious question since I am woefully uneducated about the Israel situation. Asking either @Lunata or anyone else who might know, what kind of support does Netanyahu have in his own country? I am thinking about how divided we are here in the US and it made me wonder. Thanks in advance.

The "protest," of course, refers to the massive street demonstrations that have taken place in Israel over the previous month. They have called for social justice, economic reform, and an end to Netanyahu's free-market policies.

You might find this article an answer for your question about how Israeli's think of Netanyahu. His approval rating is at 29% in the latest poll taken December 2016.

http://www.worldjewishdaily.com/netanyahu-collapse.php

• Love 7

Trump's six (6!!!!!) bankruptcies passed his mismanagement losses on to others who (1) were contractors depending on him to pay them--which he didn't (some went bankrupt because of it) and (2) were ordinary people like you and me who the bank pass THEIR losses on to.   Trump says that's "smart".  I say it's "selfish" and "crooked". 

Also crooked? Trump University (read the testimonies). And his "charity" (read David Fahrenthold at the WashPost. He worked so hard to track it all down--against Trump's wishes because his "I gave millions and millions of my money to great charities" is a big, fat lie.

He's as crooked and corrupt as the day is long. But if you want to like him and believe in him (shrugs). Free country (if only the rest of us didn't have to pay the price, too.)

As for Putin, Trump's been all over the map in describing their relationship. From how "nice" he was when they met at the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, to their time "together" on 60 minutes (they were actually in separate segments, interviewed in different countries) to "Putin? I don't know him, never met him. He thinks I'm brilliant, that's all I know. Is that so bad?"

I find his reaction very weird when he's been told repeatedly that Russia hacked and released Dem email in order to help him get elected.  17 U.S. intelligence agencies (including a VERY reluctant FBI director) --and the GOP on the intelligence and Armed Services committees who saw all the evidence, said there's "no doubt" (Trump, of course, still hasn't wanted to even take a briefing on it--maybe he will next week).

A normal person would be (1) shocked, (2) appalled to have his honest election tainted by unwanted help from a foreign government and (3) eager to make sure Americans understand that he had absolutely NOTHING to do with Russia's hacking.

He's none of the above. Instead, he acts like someone who IS complicit would act--denying it, protecting Putin and attacking U.S. intelligence agencies, playing dumb and outright lying ("cyber? You've got to catch them hacking, in the act...very hard") and defending Putin 100%, just like someone would when they don't want their partner in crime to turn on them.

Very suspicious. Especially for someone like Trump who appears willing to do ANYTHING to get what he wants.

• Love 24

And, as Kristoff pointed out, it looks like Trump's already paying Putin back for all the help in winning the election when he appoints 2 of Putin's closest American cronies--Gen Flynn and Rex Tillerson--to top national security positions.

Crooked? Corrupt? Already ethically compromised*?  You tell me.

*see Emoluments Clause and the DC hotel, among others

Edited by Padma
  • Love 13

Demanding proof for opinions is not being civil, calling others out for their beliefs is not civil, telling someone what they believe is wrong is not civil. This is not the place where people have to prove anything. Saying the sky is green is fine - it is allowed. Be civil or be gone.

• Love 6

Wonder if Trump is still in denial over any hacking done by the Russians. From the Washington Post:

Might be a good time to go out and buy a generator. 

• Love 22
15 hours ago, millennium said:

It reminded me that Vlad Tepes invited a whole bunch of people to a grand party once.   All of Wallachia's poor, crippled and sick.   How they feasted!   The party lasted into the night.   Toward the end, Vlad appeared to address his guests.  "What else do you desire?" he asked them.  "Do you want to be without cares, lacking nothing in this world?"  When they all cried yes, Vlad ordered the hall boarded up and set on fire.  They were all burned alive.   Vlad said he did it "in order that they represent no further burden to other men, and that no one will be poor in my realm."

And, the sad thing is that the Alt-White House will now have a resident (not president) who won't have his diplomats' backs.  If those diplomats and their families were held hostage, were compromised or were slaughtered, Coral Caligula would sit on his tiny hands and do nothing so as not to offend Putin.  He'll come up with one excuse or justification after another, ending with, "I happen to like diplomats who aren't captured."  He'll say it in his smarmy, shitty manner to the cheers and laughter of his more rabid base.  That's how vile and disgusting he is.  He would only act after a huge uproar, and maybe not even then.

Meanwhile, let that had been Muslims who had perpetrated such heinous acts.  There wouldn't be enough trash talk he could fit into 140 characters to express his outrage and he wouldn't hesitate to vow some kind of retaliation.

BTW--this was on the front page of this morning's Washington Post:  Russian Operatives Hacked Vermont Utility.  Now, we have to worry about the security of our electrical grid on top of everything else.  

ETA:  Rapunzel, I posted this link to the Washington Post article before I had a chance to read your post.

Edited by MulletorHater
Message to Rapunzel
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

And, the sad thing is that the Alt-White House will now have a resident (not president) who won't have his diplomats' backs.  If those diplomats and their families were held hostage, were compromised or were slaughtered, Coral Caligula would sit on his tiny hands and do nothing so as not to offend Putin.  He'll come up with one excuse or justification after another, ending with, "I happen to like diplomats who aren't captured."  He'll say it in his smarmy, shitty manner to the cheers and laughter of his more rabid base.  That's how vile and disgusting he is.  He would only act after a huge uproar, and maybe not even then.

Meanwhile, let that had been Muslims who had perpetrated such heinous acts.  There wouldn't be enough trash talk he could fit into 140 characters to express his outrage and he wouldn't hesitate to vow some kind of retaliation.

BTW--this was on the front page of this morning's Washington Post:  Russian Operatives Hacked Vermont Utility.  Now, we have to worry about the security of our electrical grid on top of everything else.  

ETA:  Rapunzel, I posted this link to the Washington Post article before I had a chance to read your post.

No worries MulletorHater - the more people that see it, the better as it's downright scary. 

• Love 9

I wonder how many former Presidents will be attending the inauguration.  I know that, sadly, President Obama has to be there, and Carter has accepted, but I haven't heard anything about the Bushes or Bill Clinton.  

I don't know if Obama *has* to be there, but I assume that he will.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Someone needs to keep repeating to Trumputin:  The Russians are NOT our friends. 

Here's the thing...ever spent a couple of days without power due to a storm or something?  Yeah.  NOTHING works.  No hot water for showers, furnaces don't run, electronics don't do anything, and it's really hard to read by candle light.  Worse, stores, police stations, street lights, traffic lights, gas stations...our whole system shuts down.  If Trumputin can't take this seriously or thinks it's awesome that Russia can shut us down with hacking and admires Putin for it,  while at the same time painting fellow Americans as the enemy?  There is no where to go but down from there. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

It's called "personality damaged" Chicken Wing". He's a narcissistic, childish, unfit fucking idiot. 

Google the DSM criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder - it describes him very accurately.  

But recently, I do think he's got some dementia.   I have found, myself, and for my siblings and in-laws, there's a little bit of cognitive decline after age 55 or 60.   Not being able to find the right word, forgetting something you should know, etc.  But we recover, and we make fun of it.   Trump is 10 years older than that.  And he  seems unaware when he's making mistakes, he thinks he's being brilliant.   With any kind of dementia, the personality characteristics that are already there , are exaggerated.  So, if you're slightly paranoid, narcissistic, etc. - with dementia, these traits are MORE severe.  

that's my opinion, based on listening to his speeches, reading his tweets.  this is scary.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

Google the DSM criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder - it describes him very accurately.  

But recently, I do think he's got some dementia.   I have found, myself, and for my siblings and in-laws, there's a little bit of cognitive decline after age 55 or 60.   Not being able to find the right word, forgetting something you should know, etc.  But we recover, and we make fun of it.   Drumpf is 10 years older than that.  And he  seems unaware when he's making mistakes, he thinks he's being brilliant.   With any kind of dementia, the personality characteristics that are already there , are exaggerated.  So, if you're slightly paranoid, narcissistic, etc. - with dementia, these traits are MORE severe.  

that's my opinion, based on listening to his speeches, reading his tweets.  this is scary.

I think so too. At least in comparing to what he said in the past to how he's been acting lately. Something's up there. Not that he wasn't always a jerk, but it seems that much more exaggerated now.

• Love 11

I'm just disgusted by his latest tweet. Part of me wants to scream "For the love of God! just shut up you smarmy fuck!" Part of me wants him banned from twitter, in all in carnations ... & part of me is like "Well at least we know what he's thinking, & it gives us a window into some things."

He is the epitome of a sore winner (which I didn't even know was a thing).

Edited by OrigamiNightmare
  • Love 19
24 minutes ago, Padma said:

"my many enemies...."  aka millions of Americans who decided to democratically cast their votes for someone else.

I feel he's one criticism away from a paranoid, psychotic break (see: Nixon. see LBJ.)  This high-stress polarizing job is not for a man with this kind of temperament.

I'm a broken record, but imagine Hillary or Obama winning the EC and losing the popular vote by millions. Then taking NINE victory laps in states they won.  Then ungraciously tweeting this message out as a New Year's wish to their "enemies".  

Republicans are trying to make him seem normal -- "It's just Trump! Nothing to see here!"  He is NOT normal and we really need to keep pushing back on that narrative and sharing all these things that show he's got real problems. (And he hasn't even done ONE DAY of the job yet! Yikes.)

So.much.this.

• Love 8

Wonder if Trump is still in denial over any hacking done by the Russians.

I don't think Drumph is the least bit in denial over hacking by Russians.  He is denying it publicly because, well, Drumph.  But I'm convinced that he personally knows perfectly damned well that it happened, BECAUSE HE COLLUDED WITH IT.   Ok, that's my opinion, not meant to be taken as a factual statement.  But he ragged for weeks about how he had seen stuff "you wouldn't believe" about how the elections were being rigged.  I'll bet he did.  And in his demented/narcissistic brain he then projected that onto "the other side" to justify his own treason.  If  he wasn't in collusion, he'd at least put on a public pretense of wanting a thorough investigation, in order to quell any suspicion that he was involved.  But he is desperate to make this go away.  Here is a series of words I never ever ever thought I would string together:  Help us Senators McCain and Graham. You're our only hope.

And also yes to the dementia hypothesis.  As a nurse's aide back in the day, I had a fair amount of experience with patients in late stages of dementia and my impression of dementia had always been that its victims were completely incapable of any pretense of normal function.  But I am now watching a good friend "progress" from her normal bright self into the abyss, and yes to Backformore's observation that existing personality traits become exaggerated.  It's not like one day a person is normal, and the next day they have dementia.  It's a gradual erosion of the brake shoes on tendencies that already exist.  In Drumph's case, whatever checks may have existed on his narcissism in the past are becoming more and more impaired.  If he were just some poor old coot living down the road from me, I'd probably avoid him as much as possible, but also feel at least a little sorry for him, and I'd like to think that I'd at least try to make sure he was receiving appropriate care.   Alas, the road he's about to live on is Pennsylvania Avenue, and the people who should be having the discussion about confinement are instead turning him loose on the world.

Edited by Hooper
proof reading: a good thing to do BEFORE posting
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I don't think Drumph is the least bit in denial over hacking by Russians.  He is denying it publicly because, well, Drumph.  But I'm convinced that he personally knows perfectly damned well that it happened, BECAUSE HE COLLUDED WITH IT.   Ok, that's my opinion, not meant to be taken as a factual statement.  But he ragged for weeks about how he had seen stuff "you wouldn't believe" about how the elections were being rigged.  I'll bet he did.  And in his demented/narcissistic brain he then projected that onto "the other side" to justify his own treason.  If  he wasn't in collusion, he'd at least put on a public pretense of wanting a thorough investigation, in order to quell any suspicion that he was involved.  But he is desperate to make this go away.  Here is a series of words I never ever ever thought I would string together:  Help us Senators McCain and Graham. You're our only hope.....

ITA. And let's not forget how suspicious it is that Roger Stone said in early summer that Podesta's emails were going to be released later in the campaign. That seems so random--except, of course, he surely knew about the hacking already.  Stone is big friends with Manafort who, of course, worked hard trying to get another Putin puppet into government in Ukraine.

Does the Manafort--Stone--Putin--Podesta email hack --combined with Trump's bizarre insistence "nothing to see here!"-- really just seem like a weird set of coincidences?  And I'd still like to know more about the investigation into Manafort's dealings with Russia/Ukraine that led to his "resignation".  Did he still continuing to advise Trump like Lewandowski did?  Reporters have seen him going into Trump Tower post-election.

This is such an important connection--and only 20 days before it will be permanently swept under the rug and any incriminating evidence probably quickly destroyed as soon as they get into the WH.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Chicken Wing said:

Make no mistake, Dump is the veritable poster child for narcissistic personality disorder, but sometimes I wonder if he isn't also just plain insane.

That, and he's just no damn good.  I've yet to decide if he was dropped on his head at birth or if there's some kind of mutant gene that runs in his fambly.  There's a reason his ass was shipped to a military boarding school when he was a young 'un.

Unfortunately, his parents' problem is now our problem.

• Love 8

It has become my habit every morning now to read Evan McMullin's twitter and I can't thank him enough for continuing to be so vocal. I know there are issues we disagree on, but I believe he could have made an excellent president. I wish our third party candidates had more of a chance.

• Love 8

The Orange-Tinted Turd's crazy should still surprise me, but it doesn't anymore and Trump's involvement with Putin is yet another reason why. That Trump not only trivializes Putin's involvement in hacking our democracy, he encourages and even praises it proves that his crazy isn't just regular crazy; it's crazy on steroids. 

Re Trump's meeting with Kanye West, it's not the first time two big, fake boobs with bad dye jobs have been in Trump Tower and it won't be the last. Like Trump, Kanye has said/done some dumb shit before, but his cozying up to Trump is snatching stupid from the jaws of crazy. Between his rants, his feud with Taylor Swift, his becoming a Kardashian, his shitty and overpriced "fashion" line, his public breakdown and now this, Kanye's still having any street cred  is a miracle. As for Kanye's playing the Inaguration, I hope he does do it because if Black Twitter's response alone was any indication, his hood pass is not only expired, it's about to be revoked. Yeezy's recent confession that he didn't even vote in the Presidential election was bad enough, but his admission that if he had he would have voted for Trump made me roll my eyes to the point of blindness. Kanye's belief that Trump would/could stop the violence in his hometown of Chicago,as opposed to talking to the current President-who, unlike Trump actually is fron Chicago-proves that yeezy either hasn't taken enough meds or he's taken too much. President Obams did call Yeezy "a jackass" after Yeezy's 2009 attack on Taylor Swift, but instead of maturing and learning from his mistakes, Kanye burned that bridge like the arrogant, ignorant wackjob he is. The Pumpkin Prick has probably deluded himself into thinking that Yeezy could get Beyonce and Jay-Z, but it looks like Yeezy burned that bridge, too. If the Orange-Tinted Turd and his pet bitch Omarosa think that they can con Black voters-one of the biggest groups that voted against him-into giving him the benefit of the doubt because Kanye said so, then he's even dumber than his hair. 

Re Judge Jeannine Pirro, she needs to have several seats. Where were her calls for "unity" when President Obama was first elected? Nowhere. Where is her outrage about Russia's blatant interference in the election/with Trump? Nowhere. Where is my patience with hypocritical right-wing morons like her? Nowhere. Not only did Trump lose the popular vote, he got one of the lowest EC votes of all-time, not to mention his somewhat dubious ties with Putin, aka the Pumpkin Prick's lord and master, so the chances of him completing even one term, let alone getting re-elected are about as thin as his skin, if not even thinner, so as far as I'm concerned, Pirro can do what 2016 can/will do at midnight and not a moment too soon: fuck off. 

In conclusion, in case anyone was wondering how I feel about Donald John Trump, Jeff Tiedrich, musician, designer and self-professed "curmudgeon" said it best on Twitter:

You will never be my president, you ignorant tinpot grifter, you insecure, preening popinjay, you simple-minded, unwitting tool of Russia. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, Rapunzel said:

Wonder if Trump is still in denial over any hacking done by the Russians. From the Washington Post:

Might be a good time to go out and buy a generator. 

I said last night that it's time for me to make a list of my friends and family who have full home generators and the yard space to build a fallout shelter.  Thankfully, my parents are at the top of that list with both.  My Dad is always looking for a project to do with my son, so maybe when we go over there tomorrow, I should get the two of them working on that fallout shelter in the backyard.  

1 hour ago, Padma said:

ITA. And let's not forget how suspicious it is that Roger Stone said in early summer that Podesta's emails were going to be released later in the campaign. That seems so random--except, of course, he surely knew about the hacking already.  Stone is big friends with Manafort who, of course, worked hard trying to get another Putin puppet into government in Ukraine.

Does the Manafort--Stone--Putin--Podesta email hack --combined with Trump's bizarre insistence "nothing to see here!"-- really just seem like a weird set of coincidences?  And I'd still like to know more about the investigation into Manafort's dealings with Russia/Ukraine that led to his "resignation".  Did he still continuing to advise Trump like Lewandowski did?  Reporters have seen him going into Trump Tower post-election.

This is such an important connection--and only 20 days before it will be permanently swept under the rug and any incriminating evidence probably quickly destroyed as soon as they get into the WH.

Stone was publicly calling Putin's shot for him more than once.  I can remember at least two times where, within two days of him hinting something was coming, WL released more emails.  It's mind boggling that it isn't getting more attention as this Russian hacking stuff becomes a bigger and bigger story.  Cheetos may not have been directly involved in the planning, but he was surrounded by people who absolutely were.  I wouldn't be surprised if the RNC side of the hacking was his camp's idea, because there was always a question as to whether the party would fully support him as nominee.  It certainly wouldn't hurt their cause if they had dirt on Ryan and other prominent GOP members who were hesitant to enthusiastically support him in public.  I remember that, at some point after he got the nom, Ryan and some other prominent party members who hadn't endorsed yet met with Trump and his people.  Right after that meeting, Ryan was suddenly praising Trump, talking about what a productive meeting it was.  Makes you wonder if the products of the RNC hack were "discussed." 

49 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

It has become my habit every morning now to read Evan McMullin's twitter and I can't thank him enough for continuing to be so vocal. I know there are issues we disagree on, but I believe he could have made an excellent president. I wish our third party candidates had more of a chance.

I'm the same.  I don't agree on every policy with him, but he's a good guy who's willing to speak out.  There are some liberals and progressives giving him a hard time because they don't agree with his policy, so, therefore, they just lump him in as part of the problem.  What they don't get is that we need all hands on deck if we are going to stop Trump.  We can't do it if the GOP and conservative leaning independents don't join us.  

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm the same.  I don't agree on every policy with him, but he's a good guy who's willing to speak out.  There are some liberals and progressives giving him a hard time because they don't agree with his policy, so, therefore, they just lump him in as part of the problem.  What they don't get is that we need all hands on deck if we are going to stop Trump.  We can't do it if the GOP and conservative leaning independents don't join us.  

Yes, if we got back to normal and there were just Republicans and Democrats of course we'd be disagreeing over policy--but hopefully also compromising where we could. Since this battle is against treason and corruption, we're on the same side. Enough with the purity tests--especially from people who aren't even pretending to try to be exactly like you!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, cynic said:

I still can't believe this  petty playground bully is our PE.

I am curious to see what Joe & Mika have to say about this tweet when they next appear on Morning Blow. Perhaps the uproar will have died down by then, but will they try to explain it away? Say he was just being Donald? Will Joe shout down anyone who dares to criticize his pal Don? Will Mika simper?

And I can only imagine how Faux News and other right-wing outlets will handle this. No doubt they'll either ignore the tweet or say how strong he is. Belch.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I am curious to see what Joe & Mika have to say about this tweet when they next appear on Morning Blow. Perhaps the uproar will have died down by then, but will they try to explain it away? Say he was just being Donald? Will Joe shout down anyone who dares to criticize his pal Don? Will Mika simper?

And I can only imagine how Faux News and other right-wing outlets will handle this. No doubt they'll either ignore the tweet or say how strong he is. Belch.

Well, a few minutes ago on CNN, Ben Ferguson interpreted it as a friendly kumbaya gesture, bygones be bygones and all that. Riiight.

• Love 5