Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

14 minutes ago, Padma said:

From the NYT interview this morning. "They got beaten very badly in the election. I won more counties in the election than Ronald Reagan. They are very embarrassed about it."

Can't you just picture his flunkies combing through the election results trying to find any little scrap of data that supports his belief he had an amazing landslide?  "Look, Mr. President-Elect*! You won every city and town in America that starts with the letter V!!! No president in history has ever done that before! Incredible!"

*After all, he had that phony PEOTUS seal made for his spokesmen to stand in front of. You just -know- he's making everyone around him use the title, if not already outright calling him, "Mr. President".

Is that true? What a good catch @Padma, I hadn't heard about that and one of my few political satisfactions come from hearing about Trump's insecurities. I need to find it.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Lunata said:

***Breaking News***

On Rachel Maddow, it's been reported that former CIA Director James Woolsey has abruptly quit the Trump transition team with no explanation. He was just on TV just last night speaking on behalf of the Trump transition. Woolsey’s resignation as a Trump senior adviser comes amid frustrations over the incoming administration’s national security plans and Trump’s public comments undermining the intelligence community.

I had heard long ago that there was a lot of in-fighting within the Trump transition team, so hopefully they're going to implode all on their own.

He's definitely trying to pretend that his whole separation from Trump is no big deal, but I'm not buying it.  For example, he says that he really hasn't been acting in any capacity for the transition team, but he's been appearing on TV to speak for Trump.  I'm guessing that, like everyone else around Trump, he had to sign a pretty extensive NDA, and so he's going to pretend this isn't any big thing.  (Although he does slip some language into his interviews about the split that make it sound like it's about the intelligence stuff without actually saying it.) 

7 hours ago, stormy said:

fat ass is now calling the wall the GREAT wall which, the taxpayers will pay for (so that doesn't include him) and we'll be reimbursed by Mexico.

I wonder if I can get Mexico to direct deposit my share.

I asked him if Mexico would pay us later like he's paying the people who worked on is D.C hotel later.  Oddly, no response. 

6 hours ago, millennium said:

He is not trying to convince Mexico to pay for the wall.

He is trying to convince his supporters to pay for the wall based on another empty promise that Mexico will pay it back (someday, down the line, eventually, in the future)   And you know what?  They'll buy it. 

And he's selling it as "to get it built quick."  Do they not get that saying that is an acknowledgement, by Trump, that there's no guarantee that Mexico will pay for it, and, in fact, it will take a long time to negotiate it?  In other words, we're on the hook for it, and he has zero strategy to change that, no matter how much he spouts off to the contrary. 

5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Keep insulting the intelligence community, Orange. Loudly and proudly. It's absolutely positively the right strategy. Stay the course, man. A person with your history of recorded deviance can only benefit from such tactics.

I keep thinking that, if he continues to piss the intelligence people off, it won't be long before they're instrumental in bringing his ass down.  I can't wait. 

3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

This infuriates me, too:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-trump-orders-obama-appointed-ambassadors-to-leave-posts-by-inauguration/article/2611051

I read a more extensive article last night, but I can't find it this morning.  Anyway, not only do they have to find housing quickly, but some of these people have kids that are in schools who will have to be moved mid year.  Yet, Melania won't do the same thing to Barron.  I believe one family is also dealing with a disabled child, so they have to find places with the right kinds of facilities to help him or her.  All in 20 days.  SMDH.

One has a wife who is currently undergoing cancer treatment where they're located.  And people are defending him without reading into the whole thing.  He's not just clearing out political favor appointed ambassadors, but long term established diplomats.  He doesn't want anyone who even once exchanged a "hello" with President Obama to be employed come 1/20.  When a man is petty enough to refuse to keep a children's playground on the White House grounds because it was the idea of his predecessor, nothing is off limits.  

3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I didn't see the interview, but I wouldn't be surprised if she said that. In the past, Donald has defended Putin's murdering of journalists by saying, "we kill people too." Which was not surprising since Donald is as ignorant as his supporters, but I find it more despicable coming from KAC because she presumably knows better.

Yes.  I have a whole heaping helping of loathing for KAC, because this is all just a damn paycheck to her.  She was as critical of Trump as anyone until he was the one signing her checks.  She's not some true believer who is just wrong and ill-informed - she's soulless for cash.  Never mind that the man she's out there shilling her ass for might blow up the planet her children live on.  At least before they get blown up, they'll have every material need met.  

2 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

Just my opinion, but he never had those particular qualities.

Agreed.  All he had going for him was money.  And now we know even that was an illusion.  

2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Trump gets pissy about Toyota. So now he's threatening foreign companies not to leave. 

Not even not to leave, just not to build a future plant in another country.  So he's trying to intimidate foreign companies out of doing business in other foreign countries.  

1 hour ago, izabella said:

What's even stupider is that Trumputin could have been briefed ANY time he wanted since the election, but chose not to be.  THAT is the story here! 

Exactly what I was thinking.  He's said, often, that he doesn't need intelligence briefings, on account of how smart he is and all.  The information has been available to him, but he had to be publicly pressured to finally agree to meet with the intelligence people today.  

15 minutes ago, Lana X said:

Paul Ryan use to have a spine of some kind. wtf happened to him? :-/

He saw what kind of cash the Koch's were willing to pay for that spine.  

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Lunata said:

9 shot in Ft Lauderdale airport, 5 are dead.

i think it was literally yesterday where i said "when another mass shooting happens..and it will...."

didn't a good guy have a gun somewhere in that crowd? come on good guys!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

More importantly, what do potential allies think? Nobody's going to risk anything to pass info to the US that would protect us when they know the president will ignore it or deny it. Or maybe even out them for it depending on how much he dislikes it. 

Or pass the info on to Putin.

I know, I'm sorry, I'm getting to be like Dana Carvey's Church Lady..."Could it be...SATAN?" to every comment, but yeah.  That's how it is now.  Who is our President-Elect more loyal to than Americans and their allies?  Could it be...PUTIN?

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I just watched that Cuomo/KAC clip.  Geez, she really is shameless.  I like that he tried, but then he just kind of gave in and let her control the conversation.  

She really is the worst. I was proud of Cuomo until he agreed with her that there are good people on Trump's team and I was like, bish, where? A better question would've been how does she reconcile Trump's campaign credo of "draining the swamp" when everyone on his team has ties to Wall Street? Hilary was railroaded for that, but it's okay for him? Let's see her sputter and spin her way out of that one. But he gave in. 

That's one of the many things that floors me about Trump. He really is an unchecked id. No one has the balls to call him out on his lies and stupid policies. His mouthpiece, KAC, controls the narrative and politicians are focusing on a "peaceful transition." There's nothing peaceful about this and I'd like someone, anyone, to say so. 

"What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word. As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee."

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Lana X said:

there was a shooting at a Florida airport. 1 killed, 9 shot. 

OK DON..................thoughts? 

*sits back and waits*

I hope you brought "War and Peace" and plenty of snacks.  You're in for a looooooooong wait.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ChimmyChai said:

Here is Schwarzenegger's tweet in response to Trump's gloating about the Apprentice ratings:

"I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll work for ALL of the American people as aggressively as you worked for your ratings."

Burn!

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, Lana X said:

i think it was literally yesterday where i said "when another mass shooting happens..and it will...."

didn't a good guy have a gun somewhere in that crowd? come on good guys!

Police are still looking for a possible second shooter. The first one is in custody. Apparently he had military ID. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Padma said:

From the NYT interview this morning. "They got beaten very badly in the election. I won more counties in the election than Ronald Reagan. They are very embarrassed about it."

I'm only embarrassed in the sense that I didn't know I was living in this kind of a country. It's been humiliating to have to realize that we're this backwards.

Edited by random chance
added a sentence
  • Love 19
26 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I just watched that Cuomo/KAC clip.  Geez, she really is shameless.  I like that he tried, but then he just kind of gave in and let her control the conversation.  

I would really like to know why that happens all time. It is unconscionable. I get it's like beating a dead horse and all but these outright lies and word salad need to be confronted as publicly as possible. 

• Love 6

Oh man, be safe Ft. Lauderdale.   I, fortunately, have to get out of here without reading the details on that.  

But in passing, for one shining moment, back before the world went to complete poo, Paul Ryan made me think, "Wow, is there any chance I'm going to come out of this with something resembling grudging respect for Pau..." and before I could even get my brain to accept the thought, he had reverted to type so thoroughly that I think he now may classify as an actual invertebrate vs. a figurative one.   

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Burn!

And Time , among other outlets, is reporting on and showing an Arnold vid further chastising Trump.

'“Please study this quote from Lincoln’s inaugural, @realDonaldTrump,” Schwarzenegger tweeted Friday morning. “It inspired me every day I was Governor, and I hope it inspires you.”

In the video, after saying he’s “sure you want to hear me read Lincoln’s speeches in my Austrian accent,” the former California governor recites the famous final section of Lincoln’s first inaugural address:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."'

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Trump gets pissy about Toyota. So now he's threatening foreign companies not to leave. 

I don't think the turd realizes that Toyota is a Japanese company. After today's twitter ramblings he HAS to have some sort of psychiatric illness. I blame the deranged fools who voted for this blowhard when they could have voted for any other Republican to run against Hillary. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

And Time , among other outlets, is reporting on and showing an Arnold vid further chastising Trump.

'“Please study this quote from Lincoln’s inaugural, @realDonaldTrump,” Schwarzenegger tweeted Friday morning. “It inspired me every day I was Governor, and I hope it inspires you.”

In the video, after saying he’s “sure you want to hear me read Lincoln’s speeches in my Austrian accent,” the former California governor recites the famous final section of Lincoln’s first inaugural address:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."'

Wow, I have never been a fan of Arnold's really and didn't have a lot of political interest when he was in office. I must say though that in a few ways he is winning me over, not completely, baby steps. Good on him for using and passing on that quote. Not holding my breath that Donald will read or comprehend, though.

• Love 15

All of these intelligence agencies are watch Trump like a hawk.  Part of me is surprised that he has not been "neutralized" by the intelligence community.  I think Trump is in for a HUGE downfall sooner rather than later.  I can see him being impeached/arrested for corruption, abuse of power or treason.      

• Love 11
Just now, stormy said:

I love that James Woolsey walked off the trump train yesterday.

Guess he couldn't even believe he was defending that asshat against his former intell co-workers.

Well, he didn't really make a principled stand or repudiate Trump. I think he just wanted to extricate himself from the clusterfuck to protect his own reputation. 

• Love 10

They need to stop equating Russian hacking with delegitimizing Trump's presidency, which seems to be KAC's standard response. 

Much as a I hate the idea, Trump is the legitimate President via the EC.  I believe the Russian intent was to sway the election, but it is still on the foolish (IMO) voters who fell for it.  Unless there is proof of actual voter machine hacking, I doubt there is nothing that could cause the election itself to be overturned.

So, little baby Donny, no, we're not going to take your Presidency away over this.  BUT that doesn't mean we can ignore it.  Stop being such a dick.  Grow up. 

• Love 14

"I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll work for ALL of the American people as aggressively as you worked for your ratings." [Arnold Schwarzenegger tweet]

One groper burning another.  I'm still disgusted by Gov. Gropernegger, but I have to give him this one; that was a funny tweet.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

They need to stop equating Russian hacking with delegitimizing Trump's presidency, which seems to be KAC's standard response. 

Much as a I hate the idea, Trump is the legitimate President via the EC.  I believe the Russian intent was to sway the election, but it is still on the foolish (IMO) voters who fell for it.  Unless there is proof of actual voter machine hacking, I doubt there is nothing that could cause the election itself to be overturned.

So, little baby Donny, no, we're not going to take your Presidency away over this.  BUT that doesn't mean we can ignore it.  Stop being such a dick.  Grow up. 

I don't know. I think Dems and the media are being very respectful of his "legitimate" presidency. It's Trump & Co who keep giving this as a reason for the "false" intelligence.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 7

So sad in Ft. Lauderdale.  I wonder what Trump will say on the gun aspect.  Apparently, like hunters, this man who recently (august) enlisted in the Army Nat Guard checked his gun in legally (no bullets), then claimed it at the terminal, went to the restroom and loaded it.  Doesn't that seem scary-easy?

Interesting that when the three top intelligence officers were in the process of briefing Trump, this incident happened. They, and the next president, were all together when a crisis happened and they were notified.  I wonder what conclusions they drew from PEOTUS' responses in a crisis.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

In the interview, Chris Cuomo bends over backwards trying to parse the two, but it seems to be in service of Kelly Anne Conway rather than the truth.   It's like, Okay, we'll pretend the hacking had no bearing on the election if it will get you to admit that the Russians did indeed hack it.

I guess what I was trying to say is that Cuomo's response should have been more in the line, "ALL we want to discuss right now is that, given what our agencies are saying, why is Trump still denying it?"  Make her actually say that Trump is defying 17 intelligence agencies for no understandable reason, as the security of his position as President Elect is not in question.

What they really need is button to turn off her mike or blow a foghorn any time she tries to go off topic.

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 17
33 minutes ago, BBDi said:

Well, he didn't really make a principled stand or repudiate Trump. I think he just wanted to extricate himself from the clusterfuck to protect his own reputation. 

At this point, if it gets us everyone turning on Trump, I'll take them doing it out of self interest.  As long as they just do it.  

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Wow, I have never been a fan of Arnold's really and didn't have a lot of political interest when he was in office. I must say though that in a few ways he is winning me over, not completely, baby steps. Good on him for using and passing on that quote. Not holding my breath that Donald will read or comprehend, though.

It's too bad that Trump doesn't seem to have any better angels of his nature.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Padma said:

So sad in Ft. Lauderdale.  I wonder what Trump will say on the gun aspect.  Apparently, like hunters, this man who recently (august) enlisted in the Army Nat Guard checked his gun in legally (no bullets), then claimed it at the terminal, went to the restroom and loaded it.  Doesn't that seem scary-easy?

Interesting that when the three top intelligence officers were in the process of briefing Trump, this incident happened. They, and the next president, were all together when a crisis happened and they were notified.  I wonder what conclusions they drew from PEOTUS' responses in a crisis.

The shooting will probably dominate the news today (as it should).  I wonder how and when we are going to hear anything from Trump regarding what he was told at the intelligence meeting today?  In my twisted mind, I can't help thinking that this news today (shooting) came at a good time for Trump.  It's a distraction.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

I guess what I was trying to say is that Cuomo's response should have been more in the line, "ALL we want to discuss right now is that, given what our agencies are saying, why is Trump still denying it?"  Make her actually say that Trump is defying 17 intelligence agencies for no understandable reason, as the security of his position as President Elect is not in question.

Yes, it's basically saying, "Look, the point is that he *is* the president and that's legitimate and now he's the president with an IC telling him the Russians meddled in our democracy in ways they are no doubt doing elsewhere as well. Does his ego make it impossible for him to be objective on anything that feels personal to him?"

The shooting will probably dominate the news today (as it should).  I wonder how and when we are going to hear anything from Trump regarding what he was told at the intelligence meeting today?  In my twisted mind, I can't help thinking that this news today (shooting) came at a good time for Trump.  It's a distraction.

Oh God, can't you see him saying that the IC was wasting its time attacking him today when they should have figured out that a random guy(s) were planning to shoot everyone and they're probably working with ISIS (whether they are or not)?

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, millennium said:

They ALWAYS do that.   It's infuriating.   Even worse, at the end of the interview, Cuomo professes his love for Conway.  It was icky.  How do you lavish respect and affection upon someone who is helping to tear apart your country and your children's future before your very eyes?

Oh, I can't watch that! Nauseating. And Chris Matthews does it too. It's so unprofessional!

Imagine Martha Raddatz interviewing John Podesta, then concluding "Well, you know how much I love and respect you, always."  The outrage would be great! 

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5

An article about how much Trump is in debt with Wall Street from the Atlantic - here's an excerpt

Wells Fargo. JPMorgan Chase. Fidelity Investments. Prudential PLC. Vanguard Group. These are among the major financial institutions that own business debt held by Donald Trump, according to an investigation just published by the Wall Street Journal.

While the president-elect’s finances remain murky, due largely to his refusal to release his tax returns, the newspaper reports that he owes at least hundreds of millions of dollars, that the debt is held by more than 150 institutions, and that some of it is backed by his personal guarantee.

Can't get to the WSJ report because I am not a subscriber.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

He wasn't at Don the Con's level, but there was a reason he was known as Der Gropenfuhrer. 

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

What they really need is button to turn off her mike or blow a foghorn any time she tries to go off topic.

The Puerile Perfect is doing what all demagogues do.  He is hoping to discredit every agency (media, national intelligence, etc.) that will check his power.  He and his handlers, including the Crypt Mistress and the grungy, unkempt white supremacist in the alt-White House want to ensure that he--and they--are arbiters of truth.  That's why we are hearing terms such as "post-truth society," which would have never been tolerated in a Clinton administration.  They've been preemptively working on their narrative for weeks in anticipation of this intelligence report.  If they can get enough fools (including media collaborators like Joe and Meeka) to parrot the shit they've been peddling, that's even better.  And, most telling of all, he's already declared those of us who oppose him, his enemies.  Fine--I happily own that label because under no circumstance will I EVER--EVAH!--accept or support that Crabby Cretin.

I pay absolutely no attention to anything that comes out of the Crypt Mistress' bought-and-paid-for mouth.  She's a liar par excellence and the moment I see that haggard visage (covered by increasingly better pancake makeup) and those deep-fried roots and hear that voice, the channel is changed quick, fast and in a hurry.

• Love 13

Intel report: Putin directly ordered effort to influence election

We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump," the report said.

there's much more, and a video at the link.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

The Puerile Perfect is doing what all demagogues do.  He is hoping to discredit every agency (media, national intelligence, etc.) that will check his power.  He and his handlers, including the Crypt Mistress and the grungy, unkempt white supremacist in the alt-White House want to ensure that he--and they--are arbiters of truth.  That's why we are hearing terms such as "post-truth society," which would have never been tolerated in a Clinton administration.  They've been preemptively working on their narrative for weeks in anticipation of this intelligence report.  If they can get enough fools (including media collaborators like Joe and Meeka) to parrot the shit they've been peddling, that's even better.  And, most telling of all, he's already declared those of us who oppose him, his enemies.  Fine--I happily own that label because under no circumstance will I EVER--EVAH!--accept or support that Crabby Cretin.

I pay absolutely no attention to anything that comes out of the Crypt Mistress' bought-and-paid-for mouth.  She's a liar par excellence and the moment I see that haggard visage (covered by increasingly better pancake makeup) and those deep-fried roots and hear that voice, the channel is changed quick, fast and in a hurry.

It occurred to me earlier today that the whole post-truth fake news thing may actually have been a brilliant play by the right.  Their side churns out lies non-stop, creating the idea of "post-truth" and fake news.  Now?  Now they get to turn around and use it as a weapon whenever anything they don't want known is reported.  They can simply label everything "fake news," and pretend it's not legitimate information.  And people buy it because the right has made fake news a thing that exists.  

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, millennium said:

My temper just flared.   Bad!

Are you running for office?  Because one word sentences (is that even possible?) and having a twitter account are the prerequisites.

Edited by DeLurker
My brain knows how to spell some words my fingers don't.
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

I keep thinking that we are all trapped in a writing project of Stephen King...

I think that he could come up with something far more original.

1 minute ago, Duke Silver said:

Exactly. They had it looked into. Investigative Journalism.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

When Trump DOES tweet about the airport shooting, it will contain something about "radical Islamic terrah" or something about how important concealed-carry is to prevent this shit.

I don't know how to properly embed tweets but :

'Monitoring the terrible situation in Florida. Just spoke to Governor Scott. Thoughts and prayers for all. Stay safe!

5 hours ago - Twitter'

Stay safe, y'all!

I don't think the Lauderdale shooting-news needs to dominate to this extent. They have nothing new! Supposition and emotions do not, imho, news make. I hope someone at least points out not only the paucity of mental health care available but also the seeming reluctance to address the issues.

I think we have news more important to our national interests.

• Love 4