Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

9 minutes ago, Lunata said:

What's going on here lately, the page jumps up and down like a jumping bean?

Anyway, Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of State, left Exxon with a $182 million dollar golden parachute.

Could be the Twitter posts. Haven't run into too much page jumping, but it is a bit distracting.

Heard about that. Nothing like trying to run away from your past. Nice try, Tillerson. But it doesn't work. You're still connected.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SpencerHawk said:
11 minutes ago, Lunata said:

What's going on here lately, the page jumps up and down like a jumping bean?

Could be the Twitter posts. Haven't run into too much page jumping, but it is a bit distracting.

Yeah, it's the twitter embeds, and it's better or worse depending on what browser you're using. I'm on Firefox and any page that has a tweet embedded will jump around randomly until finally settling in the wrong spot, but there were some people using Explorer who said in the Bugs thread that the page never settles for them. They've been trying to fix it for a while and it was fixed briefly but then it started happening again. I just looked at the Bugs thread and no one's made a new report in a couple of weeks, so I don't know if they're still working on a fix or what. For the time being, I'm just linking to tweets along with a screenshot instead of embedding.

• Love 3
Just now, fishcakes said:

Yeah, it's the twitter embeds, and it's better or worse depending on what browser you're using. I'm on Firefox and any page that has a tweet embedded will jump around randomly until finally settling in the wrong spot, but there were some people using Explorer who said in the Bugs thread that the page never settles for them. They've been trying to fix it for a while and it was fixed briefly but then it started happening again. I just looked at the Bugs thread and no one's made a new report in a couple of weeks, so I don't know if they're still working on a fix or what. For the time being, I'm just linking to tweets along with a screenshot instead of embedding.

Ah that is bad. It seems like it isn't so bad on Chrome. Yea that's a good way to go for now.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, millennium said:

"Trumpery" would be a good, catch-all title for the thread.

Or, Donald J. Trump: Unpresidented

I love Donald J. Trump: Unpresidented. It's simple, short, and sarcastic.  We seriously need to have a poll and vote for the new thread name.  There have been quite a few cool suggestions.

• Love 10

It happens to me in Chrome pretty much all the time if there's an imbedded link in the page I'm trying to view.  

About the  Wall/Fence/fucking whatever from the Tribune: 

But whatever steps might be taken without Congress' approval would be likely to fall short of the extravagant new wall on the border that Trump repeatedly said Mexico would pay for. And despite Congress' involvement in approving any spending, such an approach might also open Trump to charges of going around the House and the Senate to take unilateral actions, something he repeatedly criticized President Barack Obama for doing.

I swear, all he needs to do is take a picture of a wall, photoshop it in repeat along a border, pretty much any border and then say, "It's built" and judging by nearly every picture I have ever seen of people enthusiastically wailing for the thing, they'll buy it.  They'll be all "Oh, look there's our Wall!! Let's get back to discussing how Sandy Hook was a liberal conspiracy! After that we'll get giddy over the returning coal jobs and slap each other silly over how great it will all be, then we'll go scream at a Mosque because Jesus wants us to.  Hey Earl?  Let's buy some beer!" and that's when they'll realize they still have no money, power or voice and start having specialized fits with a limited vocabulary because heavens forfend that a person sounds in any way different  when they open their mouths, so they are only allowed about thirty words to be used in an endless loop.  

I can't really take the article that seriously because it's never really going to matter and speculating about "how could he do it?" is probably pointless also.  The people who scream about that wall don't have the best relationship to facts, so they can be easily fooled into thinking it was blocked by the ghost of JFK because crooked Hillary hired a medium to bribe him to do it or whatever else he chooses to do.  They'll buy it, if he doesn't build, he'll blame us because we're all up to some conspiracy again.  They'll buy that too.  

When figuring out ways to build this fantasy wall really, all he needs to figure out which way to not do it.  Perhaps he'll claim that he never said that and he'll just stick to that.  

Hell, he could probably just say that he's working on something bigly that will be even better, then they'll be whatever passes for happy when apparently you move through the day propelled by antipathy towards others as your default setting. 

ETA:  Oh, I see that it seems blaming Congress is the adventure game he's chosen this time?  Gosh, I wonder which party in Congress he'll primarily blame when they don't pass it. 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 7

mexico: ha!! those poor idiots really thought it would be us building the wall! 

Congress: ugh. what?!!! 

non trump Voters: yeah, we figured....

trump voters: LOL whatever! we won!! 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Lana X said:

mexico: ha!! those poor idiots really thought it would be us building the wall! 

Congress: ugh. what?!!! 

non trump Voters: yeah, we figured....

trump voters: LOL whatever! we won!! 

Yep, I took a look at the replies to someone talking about this on Twitter and it was all, "Hillary lost, feel the butthurt" and "that's fake news, you cuck!" The people who replied really only care that he won, which means they won. When the mushroom clouds appear, they'll still be cackling about how us special triggered butthurt cuck snowflakes need a safe place.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

It happens to me in Chrome pretty much all the time if there's an imbedded link in the page I'm trying to view.  

About the  Wall/Fence/fucking whatever from the Tribune: 

I swear, all he needs to do is take a picture of a wall, photoshop it in repeat along a border, pretty much any border and then say, "It's built" and judging by nearly every picture I have ever seen of people enthusiastically wailing for the thing, they'll buy it.  They'll be all "Oh, look there's our Wall!! Let's get back to discussing how Sandy Hook was a liberal conspiracy! After that we'll get giddy over the returning coal jobs and slap each other silly over how great it will all be, then we'll go scream at a Mosque because Jesus wants us to.  Hey Earl?  Let's buy some beer!" and that's when they'll realize they still have no money, power or voice and start having specialized fits with a limited vocabulary because heavens forfend that a person sounds in any way different  when they open their mouths, so they are only allowed about thirty words to be used in an endless loop.  

I can't really take the article that seriously because it's never really going to matter and speculating about "how could he do it?" is probably pointless also.  The people who scream about that wall don't have the best relationship to facts, so they can be easily fooled into thinking it was blocked by the ghost of JFK because crooked Hillary hired a medium to bribe him to do it or whatever else he chooses to do.  They'll buy it, if he doesn't build, he'll blame us because we're all up to some conspiracy again.  They'll buy that too.  

When figuring out ways to build this fantasy wall really, all he needs to figure out which way to not do it.  Perhaps he'll claim that he never said that and he'll just stick to that.  

Hell, he could probably just say that he's working on something bigly that will be even better, then they'll be whatever passes for happy when apparently you move through the day propelled by antipathy towards others as your default setting. 

ETA:  Oh, I see that it seems blaming Congress is the adventure game he's chosen this time?  Gosh, I wonder which party in Congress he'll primarily blame when they don't pass it. 

I don't take it seriously either. I figure it's yet again another distraction from what they're trying to do along with yet another rabbit for people and the press to chase.

Edited by SpencerHawk
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, random chance said:

Yep, I took a look at the replies to someone talking about this on Twitter and it was all, "Hillary lost, feel the butthurt" and "that's fake news, you cuck!" The people who replied really only care that he won, which means they won. When the mushroom clouds appear, they'll still be cackling about how us special triggered butthurt cuck snowflakes need a safe place.

*mushroom cloud slowly engulfs planet*

trump voters: wow! look at that cloud! 

trump: oh. that's what that button does

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

@Lana X - you're scaring me!

Mexico just might pay for the wall they put up to stop all the 'Mureicans from crossing the border after Canada closes the gates.

i am scared for anyone close to us. i bet canadians are like 'dont come over here. that cloud will reach us too! you wont be safe!'

• Love 3
On 1/4/2017 at 6:21 PM, Lana X said:

i would prefer a comet hit the earth than say....us blowing up to kingdom come via nuclear obliteration

come on comet!!! might as well do earth a favor and save us from ourselves. 

........ummmm.....or a meteor? i dont know the difference. yes, i am ignorant on giant space rocks. lmao

This excellent scifi novel will get you up to speed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlZ4I_asbYgmFDRB5lixo

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Lana X said:

i am scared for anyone close to us. i bet canadians are like 'dont come over here. that cloud will reach us too! you wont be safe!'

For real, you have to know Trump has to be even less popular in Vancouver B.C.  than he would naturally be anyway.   They're all likely, very politely, getting ready to pummel us all with hockey sticks while screaming, "Control that Thing!! You made it!! It's your Gollum, keep it in your backyard! At the very least stop letting him attempt to piss off places that will totally bomb Seattle because we're three hours away from there and it will be, at the very least, really bad for Stanley Park, and the Earth that Stanley Park is on." 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

Why do I suspect Trump will not warm up to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau?

inner thoughts time:

trump: (hmmm. he is much better looking than me)

justin: (god, melania. this is the best you could do?!) 

melania: (i hate my life. canadian man so cute!)

Edited by Lana X
  • Love 20
57 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

Why do I suspect Trump will not warm up to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau?

I know that a lot of Canadians don't particularly like Justin Trudeau and I've only seen him a couple of times. He's hot so I'd warm up to him even if Trump wouldn't.  :)

Canada is the largest international customer for goods and services made in the USA, and if Donald Trump pulls out of NAFTA then where does that leave Canada? Trump has everyone worried, with good reason.

***Breaking News***

On Rachel Maddow, it's been reported that former CIA Director James Woolsey has abruptly quit the Trump transition team with no explanation. He was just on TV just last night speaking on behalf of the Trump transition. Woolsey’s resignation as a Trump senior adviser comes amid frustrations over the incoming administration’s national security plans and Trump’s public comments undermining the intelligence community.

I had heard long ago that there was a lot of in-fighting within the Trump transition team, so hopefully they're going to implode all on their own.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I know that a lot of Canadians don't particularly like Justin Trudeau and I've only seen him a couple of times. He's hot so I'd warm up to him even if Trump wouldn't.  :)

Canada is the largest international customer for goods and services made in the USA, and if Donald Trump pulls out of NAFTA then where does that leave Canada? Trump has everyone worried, with good reason.

interesting that most Canadians don't like him. Just like in the UK, they do not care for the royal family. Like we do. 

funny how in other countries, citizens don't like their leaders as much as other countries like their leaders. If that makes sense 

wow that was a mouthful 

• Love 3

Greta Van Susterin will be having her own show on MSNBC premiering next Monday night. Megyn Kelly will also be on MSNBC and leaving Fox.

I can't say that I'm happy about either one of them coming from Fox for the past decade and now switching horses to keep riding on the back of MSNBC. The election was so hostile and they were both so pro-Trump that I just can't accept either of them as being genuine. Megyn Kelly is more interested in posing for the camera and pandering her new book.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I know that a lot of Canadians don't particularly like Justin Trudeau and I've only seen him a couple of times. He's hot so I'd warm up to him even if Trump wouldn't. 

Where did you hear that a lot of Canadians don't like Justin Trudeau? He was so well liked he won his election easily and a year plus later, his approval rating is still really high. Of course there are a few very vocal right wingers trashing on him all the time but just like Obama, he's very popular with the general public.

• Love 6
Just now, shok said:

Where did you hear that a lot of Canadians don't like Justin Trudeau? He was so well liked he won his election easily and a year plus later, his approval rating is still really high. Of course there are a few very vocal right wingers trashing on him all the time but just like Obama, he's very popular with the general public.

Actually it was right here in this forum some time ago. Someone was disparaging him greatly. They obviously were not a fan. It surprised me at the time because I didn't know anything about him and only heard him speak once. I thought he was alright, but this person in this forum really didn't like him one bit.

Rachel did a big promotion for Greta tonight, including having her on (remote from DC where her new studio is under construction for Monday). Turns out they have been great friends for years and Rachel took considerable time to use her liberal cred to say what a great person and journalist she is and to urge MSNBC viewers (on her own, not per management) to give her new show a chance.  It was right before the handoff, and I was curious about LOD's reaction, but ... it was Ari, so he was pleasant, as always.

Re: Woolsey.  I like the idea that they may be imploding now (although his interview with CNN wasn't negative about Trump or the decision, just said he was "out of the loop" on nat security and had been for a while, "just a couple of meetings with PEOTUS and a few phone conversations" and he "didn't want to mislead people about the relationship".

Made every effort to not sound critical or negative. Still, given the timing--sandwiched between testimony this a.m., Trump's embrace of Assange and Putin this week (still), and the meeting tomorrow, it's not a good sign.

The resignation seems to say pretty clearly that Trump will probably keep listening to Flynn/Putin/Assange over Clapper/Comey/Brennan. 

On the bright side, this may tick off some pretty powerful people and maybe they'll get the goods on him and leak a story or two. Hope so.

ETA: Love the thread title idea:   Donald Trump: Unpresidented

• Love 4
2 hours ago, backformore said:

If you haven't seen this - give it a view.  Keith O really nails it.

This is really good. I have been wracking my brain to try to come up with a democratic equivalent, and his examples were perfect. Plus, I totally agree. There's something very wrong with Trump. 

• Love 9

fat ass is now calling the wall the GREAT wall which, the taxpayers will pay for (so that doesn't include him) and we'll be reimbursed by Mexico.

I wonder if I can get Mexico to direct deposit my share.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

And they judge Obamacare for having "death panels"?! Insane!

We'll actually be going back to having death panels - those anonymous bean counters at the insurance companies who decide if your illness should be covered or if it costs too much and your coverage should be dropped.

• Love 14

Donald's tweets from 40 minutes ago are all about how Arnold Schwarzenegger got low ratings in the premiere of The Apprentice "compared to the ratings machine DJT". There's shit going on between him and Russia, he's meeting today with the Intelligence staffs about the interference of Russia in the election. He's trying to get Congress to pay for 'his fucking wall' and what's the first thing on his mind this morning as he sits down to eat his morning Lucky Charms cereal? A comparison of his ratings vs. Schwarzenegger's ratings. Of course he couldn't help himself but thumb his nose to Schwarzenegger about his supporting Kasich & Hillary. That's the most important thing on his blithering idiot mind today.

c034b030-af39-4c38-b884-5c2890831956.png

1 hour ago, stormy said:

fat ass is now calling the wall the GREAT wall which, the taxpayers will pay for (so that doesn't include him) and we'll be reimbursed by Mexico.

I wonder if I can get Mexico to direct deposit my share.

I think Donald Trump should pay for the wall out of his own pocket, that's how it should be. After it's completed in about 15 years or so, if he's still alive, he can send Congress a bill for it all.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, millennium said:

So ... after his intelligence briefing on Russian hacking and election tampering, will Trump say:

1) Now that I have had a chance to see all the evidence, I realize this is a serious problem that requires prompt action to ensure the security of our nation

OR

2)  I am not convinced the evidence is airtight.    I think this matter has been politicized so much that no one will ever know what really happened.   Let's move on to bigger and better things. 

What's maddening is that the evidence may be 110% airtight but he can still emerge and call it bad information, and due to the top secret nature of the material the intelligence agencies can't adequately defend it to the public.

As I write this, Chris Cuomo is grilling KellyAnne on this issue and she is not liking it at all.  In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone press her so hard.   She is pissed.

Oh I just missed that! I changed the channel to Morning Joe. I absolutely LOVE to see Kellyanne Conway get ruffled. I absolutely can't stand the way she'll sit and smile as she slowly blinks her eyelids. I guess I want to see all of them have the world come crashing down on top of them. Fox News is pushing the racial tension issue with the story of the 4 blacks in Chicago beating up the mentally challenged boy. But they're not stopping at that story, they're going on to other racially charged stories. Then they segued right into a story about a transgender man suing a hospital for not doing his sex change operation even though he had his operation at another hospital he's still suing this other Catholic hospital for not doing it. Then they also touched on some phantom 'official figures' as to how unemployment rate has gone up (Obama's fault) BUT wages have gone up!! (Trump's credit).

Fox News is so toxic, so disgusting and so obviously false that they should have a disclaimer announced before their shows. "Warning, the following program may be all lies. Watch at your own risk".

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 14

I thought the Mango Moron was an executive producer on Arnold's Apprentice? Perhaps it failed miserably because it had the stench of self-tanner and decomposing soul all over it. 

Keep insulting the intelligence community, Orange. Loudly and proudly. It's absolutely positively the right strategy. Stay the course, man. A person with your history of recorded deviance can only benefit from such tactics.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, millennium said:

So ... after his intelligence briefing on Russian hacking and election tampering, will Trump say:

1) Now that I have had a chance to see all the evidence, I realize this is a serious problem that requires prompt action to ensure the security of our nation

OR

2)  I am not convinced the evidence is airtight.    I think this matter has been politicized so much that no one will ever know what really happened.   Let's move on to bigger and better things. 

What's maddening is that the evidence may be 110% airtight but he can still emerge and call it bad information, and due to the top secret nature of the material the intelligence agencies can't adequately defend it to the public.

As I write this, Chris Cuomo is grilling KellyAnne on this issue and she is not liking it at all.  In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone press her so hard.   She is pissed.

I'm pretty sure the answer will be #2.  He's literally incapable of acknowledging anything that he thinks mighttarnish his win.  It doesn't even matter that the general consensus is that the tampering didn't affect the outcome, he would have won anyway. He still believes it makes him look bad. Plus, there's that whole double secret handshake he had with Putin to never say anything that would make Putin look bad.

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lunata said:

Donald's tweets from 40 minutes ago are all about how Arnold Schwarzenegger got low ratings in the premiere of The Apprentice "compared to the ratings machine DJT". There's shit going on between him and Russia, he's meeting today with the Intelligence staffs about the interference of Russia in the election. He's trying to get Congress to pay for 'his fucking wall' and what's the first thing on his mind this morning as he sits down to eat his morning Lucky Charms cereal? A comparison of his ratings vs. Schwarzenegger's ratings. Of course he couldn't help himself but thumb his nose to Schwarzenegger about his supporting Kasich & Hillary. That's the most important thing on his blithering idiot mind today.

c034b030-af39-4c38-b884-5c2890831956.png

I think Donald Trump should pay for the wall out of his own pocket, that's how it should be. After it's completed in about 15 years or so, if he's still alive, he can send Congress a bill for it all.

I was just coming here to post this!  If these Celebrity Apprentice tweets ON THIS MORNING OF ALL MORNINGS don't prove he is INSANE I don't know what would. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Edited 1 hour ago by millennium.

1 hour ago, Lunata said:

Oh I just missed that! I changed the channel to Morning Joe. I absolutely LOVE to see Kellyanne Conway get ruffled. I absolutely can't stand the way she'll sit and smile as she slowly blinks her eyelids. 

Listened on the radio and it was a thing of beauty. I'm sure the video will be up soon but here's the Mediaite take. I hate her so much it sure seemed longer than 20 minutes!

ETA video at above Mediaite link. oops

Earlier CBSThisMorning pretty much let her prattle on while over on MorningJoe Joe was saying they'd have to report on those Apprentice tweets 'cuz they were "sexy and entertaining", doncha' know?

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, captain1 said:

I was just coming here to post this!  If these Celebrity Apprentice tweets ON THIS MORNING OF ALL MORNINGS don't prove he is INSANE I don't know what would. 

I will never believe he wanted to be President. I believe his goal was 1) getting attention and adoration and 2)landing a new TV show, probably on Fox.  I think that's what he wanted, and now he's stuck with President.

• Love 12

His timeline this morning is a frightening peek into the way his declining mind works. He scrambles up a lie about how Mexico is going to repay us for the wall, then starts crowing yet again about how he beat Hillary, pitifully begs people to come to his inauguration, brags that he's more popular than Arnold Schwarzenegger even though Arnold's a movie star, and namedrops Anna Wintour. What a transparently pathetic little man he is.

• Love 22

This infuriates me, too:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-trump-orders-obama-appointed-ambassadors-to-leave-posts-by-inauguration/article/2611051

I read a more extensive article last night, but I can't find it this morning.  Anyway, not only do they have to find housing quickly, but some of these people have kids that are in schools who will have to be moved mid year.  Yet, Melania won't do the same thing to Barron.  I believe one family is also dealing with a disabled child, so they have to find places with the right kinds of facilities to help him or her.  All in 20 days.  SMDH.

• Love 14
Just now, Shannon L. said:

This infuriates me, too:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-trump-orders-obama-appointed-ambassadors-to-leave-posts-by-inauguration/article/2611051

I read a more extensive article last night, but I can't find it this morning.  Anyway, not only do they have to find housing quickly, but some of these people have kids that are in schools who will have to be moved mid year.  Yet, Melania won't do the same thing to Barron.  I believe one family is also dealing with a disabled child, so they have to find places with the right kinds of facilities to help him or her.  All in 20 days.  SMDH.

I bet he's thinking, WWPD?

What Would Putin Do?

Except that implies he's "thinking".

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I bet he's thinking, WWPD?

What Would Putin Do?

Except that implies he's "thinking".

putin: donald, i simply get rid of people who are in de way

Donald: ...............

Putin: make em disappear.

Donald: ......................

Putin: *sigh* I end their life

Donald: OH! okay. 

putin: wow

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Lana X said:

putin: donald, i simply get rid of people who are in de way

Donald: ...............

Putin: make em disappear.

Donald: ......................

Putin: *sigh* I end their life

Donald: OH! okay. 

putin: wow

I'm pretty sure I heard KAC tell Chris Cumo, in response to Cuomo's statement that Putin has journalists killed, that, We do too!

It was breathtaking. I think I heard Chris gasp. 

That's some nasty spin.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

His timeline this morning is a frightening peek into the way his declining mind works. He scrambles up a lie about how Mexico is going to repay us for the wall, then starts crowing yet again about how he beat Hillary, pitifully begs people to come to his inauguration, brags that he's more popular than Arnold Schwarzenegger even though Arnold's a movie star, and namedrops Anna Wintour. What a transparently pathetic little man he is.

Oh, he's pathetic, yes he is!  But, he's doing exactly what he's been doing all along.  Using his Tweets to distract from the bigger issue.  Of COURSE he wants to distract everyone from the intelligence briefings on Russian hacking that he's supposed to get today!  Of COURSE he'd rather people be talking about the Apprentice game show and a freaking wall!  If the media is busy reporting on those important Tweets, and the Trumpets are busy foaming about walls, he's hoping no one will have any brain cells available to think about how fucking ridiculous he is for defending Russia and Assange and disparaging our intelligence community.

• Love 11