Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Falling Slowly

• Start Topic

I really don't get this car pooling business.  With their schedules, how does that work?  Does Meredith wait for everybody (still forgetting she has three kids at home, being taken care of by somebody) or do her passengers fend for themselves if Meredith or they can't leave at the same time?  I know the car pooling is a device to get certain characters together and some scene setting, etc., but the practicality of it has always irritated me.

• Love 1

Carpooling: It actually makes more sense now that they are all housemates.  The hospitalist doctors that I know usually work in shifts, but work does run over.  So the schedule will have a definite time (7a-7p, for example) but stuff does come up and you can't just leave.  However, a lot of non-work hours are spent doing work related paperwork stuff.  So, if Mer ran late running a code, Alex and Maggie could work on records in the office while they waited for her to be through, or take a nap, or grab a bite to eat, or check on labs and discuss consults, or something.