Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

I was in my mid-20's during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. I didn't really have a particular political leaning at the time, I was still a semi-Republican just because of my upbringing and conservative education. The scandal pushed me the other way. I could not understand why on earth the government was investigating whether or not an adult man had sex with an adult woman. I felt awful for Hillary, having to be on the public stage during all this. No matter what she had done, she would have been criticized. I also felt bad for Monica.
Oh, and remember how horrible people were to Chelsea? She was what, 13, 14 when Bill was elected? People were calling her ugly, saying how awkward she was. I nearly wrote Chelsea Clinton a letter, one awkward teen to another.
Interesting tidbit - I worked for a car rental company when the hearings were going on, in the same town Linda Tripp lived in. She would rent a car from us when she had to go to DC to testify. She smoked and always demanded a brand new car, which we had the new cars designated as non-smoking. They came back smelling like an ashtray. She was such a pill, I couldn't stand her. Acted like she was some sort of celebrity.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, backformore said:

this makes me happy

On Sunday Oct 2, 2016 over 200 pantsuit wearing Hillary supporters gathered together to perform a dance founded in unity, love, and inclusivity.

I love it so much. Somehow, maybe through a friend of a friend, I'd gotten an email asking for pantsuits for what turned out to be this. I had no pantsuit to give, but I would have loved to have contributed. 

• Love 6

She's got at least one vote.  I actually think it's cool that he's giving early voting such a high profile.

Although who doesn't love the photo ops of the candidates?  I remember falling in love with Joe Biden when he took his elderly mother to the polls in 2008 and introduced himself to the poll workers as "Jean Biden's son."

• Love 7

So, there's this crap making the rounds today.  DNC paid protestors, planned voter fraud I do wish the DNC would stay away from slimeballs like this and their shady tactics. It's not necessary and all it does it give the right wingers ammunition. There's no need to pay agitators at Trump rallies. I saw plenty of grassroots protests planned for Trump rallies and there's no need to add fuel to the fire of violence.  I know the higher-ups at the DNC don't really have anything to do with this, but as a Democrat, I'm not happy. Wondering what the official explanation for this shit will be.

• Love 2

I'm past the point where I want to hear anything (I know, what am I doing on this board), I have been so disgusted by this whole election, I don't even know how to articulate it.  I don't think I've ever despised a public figure more.   I don't know who knew or who didn't and I don't care.  I'm tired of living in terror of that narcissistic monster seizing power. 

I have always been middle of the road but I really wish during this election season, there had been some hacking into some prominent republicans.  The Dem's were the target this season with a vengeance and while it's been eye-opening, I wish we had been given a peek at what's inside the Republican closets.

• Love 12

So wikileaks is hacking emails (or getting hacked emails) from everyone except the Clintons.  So apparently the Clintons' email server is amazingly secure.  So tell me again how Clinton using this private email server put national security at risk?

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

So wikileaks is hacking emails (or getting hacked emails) from everyone except the Clintons.  So apparently the Clintons' email server is amazingly secure.  So tell me again how Clinton using this private email server put national security at risk?

I keep hearing from random people who believe *this* is a hack on the HRC's private server, and as more evidence of her incompentence because see, her email got hacked! Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChromaKelly said:

So, there's this crap making the rounds today.  DNC paid protestors, planned voter fraud I do wish the DNC would stay away from slimeballs like this and their shady tactics. It's not necessary and all it does it give the right wingers ammunition. There's no need to pay agitators at Trump rallies. I saw plenty of grassroots protests planned for Trump rallies and there's no need to add fuel to the fire of violence.  I know the higher-ups at the DNC don't really have anything to do with this, but as a Democrat, I'm not happy. Wondering what the official explanation for this shit will be.

It won't matter what the official explanation is. Trump is going to hone in on this like a heatseeking missile tonight and spend a lot of time on it, filling in his own blanks about what it means and what else "isn't being talked about". 

• Love 3

"It's a matter of showing up, to want to get into their rally, in a Planned Parenthood T-shirt. Or 'Trump is a Nazi,' you know. You can message to draw them out, and draw them out to punch you."
Yeh.  That's some devastating smoking gun.  The election is indeed rigged.  What can Republicans do when faced with a woman in a Planned Parenthood t-shirt?  It's SO unfair.  Rigged.  It's all rigged.  Surreptitious, edited video implicates a guy spitballing ideas that actually never happened.  Yeh.  It's rigged.  Proof again that Hillary is a liar and has dirty hands. 
There you go. 

We are through the looking glass, living now in a violent, scary world where propaganda spins off of propaganda as settled news, where lies are settled fact, where objective reality is met with virulent hate and absolute disbelief.   Where self-proclaimed American Patriots hate America and all other Americans.  The culture is off the rails.
The left wing needs to pander to uneducated white men in the coming election cycles to get those fucking rednecks to calm the fuck down.  They couldn't do anything with 400 years of cultural advantages, and now it's staring them in the face.  "I'm no better than that [racial/ethnic slur.]  I'm mad."  There needs to be a TVA-type project where these ignorant mouth breathers are put to work and learn a 21st century trade.  Why not put solar farms on the mountains of West Virginia, and turn it into America's power station?  Do it on credit, get them working and not watching Fox News.  Teach them how to hack.   Teach them how to program.   Even if they fail and can't do shit, it'll keep them busy.
That will let some steam out of the boiler and hopefully temperatures will drop.

• Love 21

I think Hillary goes with the long full jackets because of the vest she probably wears most of the time publicly for security reasons.   
I also think the campaign pays for her hair and makeup--I remember her commenting when she was Secretary of State that she let her hair grow because she did not have a regular stylist and she could just pull her hair back herself --that she didn't feel she was good at doing her own hair.

As each day passes, I am getting more and more excited about this election--I'm sad she's had to fight so hard to get here, but I have wanted to see a woman president in my lifetime (I'm a little younger than Hillary) and I am happy to see it finally (hopefully) coming true.   Part of me wants her to go in and kill it from day 1, but I suspect her real fight starts once she is elected.   There are a lot of people out there who are very invested in her not being successful.   Fingers crossed for her, and I hope the description of her is true that people like her better when she's DOING the job than when she's trying to GET the job.

• Love 19

Thank you, backformore, that put a smile on my face when we need that joy so much.  And Giant Misfit's video made me blubber like a baby. That sincerity and love coming through from everyone just really gets to you in the middle of a campaign like this. Thanks so much for sharing it (still wiping my eyes).  "Stronger Together".

• Love 7

Part of me wants her to go in and kill it from day 1, but I suspect her real fight starts once she is elected.

Those in Congress who would rather see the country fail than Obama succeed will be the same way with her if (please, universe!) she's elected. 

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Those in Congress who would rather see the country fail than Obama succeed will be the same way with her if (please, universe!) she's elected. 

We could take a majority though. That's when the real work can happen. Also, if the Dems don't sleep on the mid-terms, like we did in 2010. 

• Love 12

This is why down-ballot is vital. I know I am stating the obvious to savvy people, but I get involved and informed at the state and local level consistent. You elect someone to your school board and you might be putting them on their path toward the Senate.  

• Love 6

If Mitch McConnell is still Majority leader, he will block anything Hillary wants to do.  I've seen him interviewed where he said directly that he had some payback to give because the Clintons went to Kentucky to campaign for his competor the last time he was running, so for him it's personal.    It will be what he's done to Obama x2.

• Love 5

I wish Hillary would say this tonight:

"I know that Donald Trump is here and he would rather not have this debate.

I'll remind you that he was not Secretary of State!

He knows nothing of loyalty,

Smells like new money, dresses like fake royalty.

Desperate to rise above his station,

Everything he does betrays the ideals of our nation.

And if you don't know, now you know..."

Please? Please?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

I wish Hillary would say this tonight:

"I know that Donald Trump is here and he would rather not have this debate.

I'll remind you that he was not Secretary of State!

He knows nothing of loyalty,

Smells like new money, dresses like fake royalty.

Desperate to rise above his station,

Everything he does betrays the ideals of our nation.

And if you don't know, now you know..."

Please? Please?

I'm sure she will!

Friendly reminder, we've created a Live Debate Topic for you all if you want to chat/comment on the Debate as it's happening. Please use that space if you want to comment on the debate as it is happening. And of course remember to please be respectful. Thank you!

• Love 1

Dear God, I don't even know what to say.  I have MANY issues with Hillary but after this circus act called a debate, between the two candidates she definitely has my respect.   Using logic and staying composed while battling that Manbaby.   The man is absolutely unstable and I reiterate, I will NEVER forgive the media for letting him come this far.

• Love 22
(edited)

Manbaby Drumpf got schooled tonight.  Hillary looked great throughout, dancing backwards in heels while smiling and making a thousand points in an hour and a half.  Congratulations to Maine East, Maine South, Wellesley and Yale for providing her with a great education, and Hillary for studying so hard for all those years.  You earned it, Hillary Rodham Clinton, soon to be 45th President of The United States, and our first Madam President.

I live near Maine East, where over 50 languages are spoken. 

Edited by atomationage
Madam President.
  • Love 22
6 hours ago, film noire said:

Already out there : )

https://www.spreadspirit.com/such-a-nasty-woman#/1-size-s/89-color-iris/39-style-g200_

I have my woman card, now I want my nasty woman card (for immediate entry into the old boy's club).

Nice. I like this one, too, and 50% of the proceeds go to Planned Parenthood, which Trump and most of the GOP wants to destroy. 

(I have my Woman Card, too. Keep it visible in the ID slot of my wallet and have gotten mostly good reactions when it's noticed)

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Dear God, I don't even know what to say.  I have MANY issues with Hillary but after this circus act called a debate, between the two candidates she definitely has my respect.   Using logic and staying composed while battling that Manbaby.   The man is absolutely unstable and I reiterate, I will NEVER forgive the media for letting him come this far.

I've been looking at the Clintons with some skepticism and I was never a big Hillary fan (I initially supported Bernie Sanders), but egad, Hillary on her worst day is better than Trump on his best. She can at least use, as you put it, logic and composure to handle a debate and possibly handle the presidency. She will at least try to work with others in a reasonable and mature matter. But manbaby? Never. He is a disaster and will certainly be a disaster as president.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Advance35 said:

smaller baby.jpg

• Love 12
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

nastywomengetshitdone.com directs to Hillary's website!

I thought you were making that up... but damn if it isn't true.

Someone on her team acted really quickly.

Actually, if you want to toss around Trump-like conspiracy theories, maybe TOO fast. It proves the existence of the Illuminati (not!--I think they just got lucky and their purchase of the domain and redirection came online pretty fast)

• Love 2

The pantsuit flash mob was awesome. 

Debate-wise, Hillary destroyed Trump not once, not twice, but all three times. She was intelligent, focused and sane-three things Trump is not.  Hillary has kicked Trump's ignorant, arrogant and batshit crazy ass from the start and come November 8th, she will again, Heaven willing. 

16 minutes ago, atomationage said:

UO, I don't like the campaign using the nasty woman theme. 

I respectfully disagree. Hillary should take a negative and turn it into a positive, which should drive Trump crazy-or rather, even crazier.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, starri said:

Okay, I have to be honest and admit I don't like this tweet much.

The Orange One is the one who brags about winning the debates (even if he's lying), not Hillary (even though she wouldn't be lying). At least my gut feels that way.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too old fashioned. This election has shown a weakness in the modern American psyche that we seem to have a vulnerability to assertively stated rhetoric. Rhetoric can be either untrue OR true, it's more about how the information is presented. The fact that Hillary won the debates should stand for itself, not have to be bluntly stated by the candidate herself in that way. But maybe this is the new post-Trump reality. You now HAVE to do that or leave people with the notion that somehow you're weak or wishy-washy.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Hillary should take a negative and turn it into a positive, which should drive Trump crazy-or rather, even crazier.

He'll eventually take credit for it in his upside down, inside out, fun house mirror alt universe.  The same logic that brought you the claim, said with such certainty, that she started the birther movement and he ended it.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

I respectfully disagree. Hillary should take a negative and turn it into a positive, which should drive Trump crazy-or rather, even crazier.

I agree. I don't much like the "I won the debates" brag thing, but I love the idea of taking Trump's own garbage and shoving it back at him. That domain they grabbed should pop up a message before it does the redirection. Something like "I am indeed a nasty woman, Donald, and a nasty woman is going to TRUMP you in this election!"

Maybe even a full ad campaign. With music. Is there a good song out there with the phrase "nasty woman" in it? There are ones like "evil woman" but that's actually off-message. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

The Orange One is the one who brags about winning the debates (even if he's lying), not Hillary (even though she wouldn't be lying). At least my gut feels that way.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd say she earned it.  It's also a good example of how much more effective she's been using social media this time around.  Same as the "Delete your account" her Twitter sent to Trump after he said something particularly odious.  You know, that one time he did that.

Also, I love the picture.

• Love 7