Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

14 minutes ago, Darian said:

Hillary's campaign put up a page where you can see what she was doing vs. what Trump doing at different times

That's pretty addictive.  The campaign should use that picture of Drumpf in his golf clothes with the ad about fat-shaming women.

• Love 8

Another who's Team Hillary, all day, every day. Hillary's not "perfect," but she's way more qualified, more experienced, much smarter and MUCH saner than her opponent. Trump is his own worst enemy and he doesn't even know it. I wouldn't necessarily trust Hillary with my email server, but I wouldn't even consider trusting Trump with nukes, an iPhone nor, to quote the late, great Prince, "my sugar walls." As for the Clinton's marriage, Bill's no saint, to put it mildly, but the women whom he had affairs with weren't innocent bystanders by a long shot. They knew that Bill was married, but they didn't let that stop them anymore than it stopped him. I don't blame Hillary one bit for going after them. What was she supposed to do with them-hold hands and sing "Kumbaya?" About the women who claimed that Bill Clinton sexually assaulted them, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who accuses a President, past, present or future, Democrat, Republican or whatever or rape should have way more than innuendo to prove it. That these women accusing Bill Clinton of rape would publicly support someone who not only trivializes sexual assault, he brags and, in some cases even jokes about it reeks of hypocrisy. These women have a right to be heard, but that doesn't mean I have to believe them. 

Regarding WikiLeaks, I think the reason why this story won't hurt her as much as Pussygate hurts Trump is because to many people it's basically just a bunch of boring crap that most people don't care about involving a lot of people that most people have never heard of.  To be honest, a lot more people know of Donald Trump than John Podesta.  While I think that Hillary can/will/should win, I think that she's smart enough not to leave anything to chance. Now more than ever, every vote counts. Between Gary Johnson's being an airhead on foreign policy and Jill Stein being an anti-vaxxer nutcase, the only person who can stop Trump besides Trump himself is Hillary. 

• Love 14

If Hillary was running against a boring candidate, WikiLeaks would have hurt her more. There is some damning stuff in there.

Hillary is damn lucky that the Obamas are forgiving people after her racist attacks on Obama during the primaries and the continual potshots from the Clintons and their surrogates throughout Obama's 2 terms. If Hillary wins it is going to be a in large part from the Obamas putting Hillary on their shoulders and carrying her to the finish line. Michelle and Barack's speeches at the DNC are what gave Dems something to be inspired by. And Michelle's barn burner of a speech today showed once again why she is the best FLOTUS we've had since Eleanor Roosevelt IMO. It's too bad Michelle hates politics because, unlike Hillary, she has a natural gift for it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

I am one of those people who didn't like Hillary Clinton for no real reason. I was happy when Obama came along in the 2008 election and I voted for him in the primary. I was hoping some other inspiring Democrat would join the race this year (wasn't a Bernie Sanders fan). I cast my "meh" vote for her in this year's primary. However, as this race has gone on, I've grown to admire her. She does not crack. She does not let anything get to her. Say what you want about her, but her accomplishments are impressive. She is more than qualified, she has real plans and policies and I think her never quit attitude will serve her well in the White House.

ITA. I have come to have a great deal of respect for her because of how well she has handled The Donald and The Endemic Sexism.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

I wouldn't necessarily trust Hillary with my email server,

I don't know.  As far as I know, her email server has never been hacked.  What's been hacked are other people's emails from other servers.

• Love 19

The email server that HRC was using was Bill's server at their place in NY, which he started using after they left the White House and moved there.  She just thought it was convenient, since they already had it, and it was probably more secure than even The State Department, which hackers were going after.  Also, The White House under GWBush used a private email server owned by the RNC.  Millions of emails were deleted when Congress wanted to know about what was going on in the lead in the the Gulf War.  It's not even apples and oranges, it's blueberries and watermelons.

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, pivot said:

Hillary is damn lucky that the Obamas are forgiving people after her racist attacks on Obama during the primaries and the continual potshots from the Clintons and their surrogates throughout Obama's 2 terms.

I'm glad I haven't seen any of this. I feel like it would be everywhere if the Trump campaign wanted to win. This is maybe the second or third time I've heard it mentioned, and can't find any video/audio proof. I hate racism. I love sources.

The Obamas are my favorite. The Clinton's are a close second. If I was around in the 70's I think the Carter's would be in third place. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

This is maybe the second or third time I've heard it mentioned, and can't find any video/audio proof. I hate racism. I love sources.

You would probably have to go to Breitbart for "proof".  If you want to verify, check Snopes.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, atomationage said:

You would probably have to go to Breitbart for "proof".  If you want to verify, check Snopes.

I found a little bit about it on Huffington Post, mostly mentioning Rev. Jeremiah Wright. So, it existed during the '08 primaries, for sure. I don't disagree with the original point. Just having a hard time finding more, knowing how biased both HuffPo and Breitbart are, it's tough to know what's real these days. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, atomationage said:

The email server that HRC was using was Bill's server at their place in NY, which he started using after they left the White House and moved there.  She just thought it was convenient, since they already had it, and it was probably more secure than even The State Department, which hackers were going after.  Also, The White House under GWBush used a private email server owned by the RNC.  Millions of emails were deleted when Congress wanted to know about what was going on in the lead in the the Gulf War.  It's not even apples and oranges, it's blueberries and watermelons.

When this issue first arose, I said that any of the candidates who had been a governor would try to stay away from this because they all do this. They might get their surrogates to condemn her, but they will try to stay away from discussing it. None of them use their government email addresses for work. Hell, some of them were just using yahoo or AOL accounts for all of the emails related to state business.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pivot said:

If Hillary was running against a boring candidate, WikiLeaks would have hurt her more. There is some damning stuff in there.

Hillary is damn lucky that the Obamas are forgiving people after her racist attacks on Obama during the primaries and the continual potshots from the Clintons and their surrogates throughout Obama's 2 terms. If Hillary wins it is going to be a in large part from the Obamas putting Hillary on their shoulders and carrying her to the finish line. Michelle and Barack's speeches at the DNC are what gave Dems something to be inspired by. And Michelle's barn burner of a speech today showed once again why she is the best FLOTUS we've had since Eleanor Roosevelt IMO. It's too bad Michelle hates politics because, unlike Hillary, she has a natural gift for it.

Hillary didn't make racist attacks on Obama or take potshots during his term. That's why he's campaigning for her now, he trusts her.

BILL did get criticized in the 2008 SC primary for dismissing Obama's victory as "like Jesse Jackson's", but that was about it.

Also worth mentioning is Trump insistence at the last debate that he'd never seen such vicious attacks on anyone as "Michelle Obama's ads against you in 2008, Hillary" was FALSE. Every fact checker has said it was a complete and total lie, that no ads like that existed at all, ever.

Didn't keep him from saying it, though.  That's why he earned the Wash Post award for best liar of the year 2015! (He does love those superlatives!)

• Love 20
On 10/12/2016 at 6:07 PM, peacheslatour said:

I wonder what Donald Trump's relationship with his mother was like? Because of my extensive scientific research of watching Criminal Minds, usually this kind of pathological hatred of women can be traced to the psychopath's own relationships with women in early childhood.

A few months ago, during an NBC Town Hall, he referred to his mother as his "father's wife".

And no one said, Whaaat???

And I think Ivana's parents pretty much raised the kids.

Might be a good thing, they kept young women and girls away from him.

And everyone ignored this. 

Ignored! 

Oh dear. And this is the HRC thread. Will move.

• Love 2

I've already cast my ballot, and I am proudly with Her and Tim Kaine. In the primaries, I voted for Bernie, and I'm not ashamed of that. Now if it had been before I saw Bernie say that his idea of forcing congress to work with him was having the people to march on Washington, I would have voted differently. We all make mistakes. We all wish that certain pipe dreams would work out. I think that Hillary will make a wonderful president, and I have no doubt that she will be president. I am not the greatest Clinton fan, but that's a fan of Bill, that really has nothing to do with Hillary. I don't know how Trump thinks that he hurts Hillary by bringing up Bill's indiscretions. It makes me feel sorry for her. I heard someone say that what Trump really means is that Hillary couldn't satisfy her husband. I'm starting to think so. I think that Trump is gross, and he's worse than Bill Clinton. At least with Bill some of the sex was consensual. Trump is a creep, and he talks about sexual assault, and in some cases, he's outright sexually assaulted. 

• Love 17

I don't think that the Clinton's were as nasty as their surrogates were during the '08 election. The Obama's are nice, but they aren't that nice. They don't have to campaign for Hillary. Neither does Gore. I really think that they like Hillary. Now Bill, they may not care much for him. I really think that Barack, Michelle, and Joe Biden genuinely like, and want Hillary to win. 

Also, if I recall correctly, Bill Clinton was kind of off the rails during the '08 election cycle, not Hillary. I remember a lot of people saying that he was going to ruin it for her. A few people also commented that maybe he was a bit over zealous because he felt that he had to campaign hard for her to make up for cheating. 

Sorry, during the election cycle, I keep the television on the news 24/7 and I'm a SAHM. 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 14

I agree, from what I've read, I think that Obama DOES like Hillary, and gets along with her much better than he does with Bill. And I've also read accounts from some of his staff that fought against her in 2008, that once they worked with her in the White House and got to know her, they felt really bad about the way things were ugly during the primary. There are SO many accounts of people who actually know Hillary and have worked with her (Republicans included in this), who defend her as a person and like her and wish that she could show the public the more affable, charismatic, compassionate side of herself, because they say it does exist and they see that she has a hard time communicating who she really is to the general public.

It goes back so many years, to her time as First Lady, to when she was in the Senate and in the Obama administration- people from every era have said this about her. There's too many accounts that say the same things, I trust that this is true.

• Love 20

I think HRC is very serious and focused, and can't switch quickly to being jocular and folksy the way that some people do.  A lot of what people are telling her is that she should be more like a man, but also more like a submissive woman smiling all the time.   I don't want her to be more like a man, or to be submissive.  She seems to do well in smaller groups.  I saw a video of her with Cher at a fundraiser, and she seemed perfectly affable, happy and relaxed.  I wouldn't expect her to be able to relax in the company of Tic Tac  Drumpf.  She probably had enough of guys like that before she left high school.

• Love 17

Michelle is an incredible person. She really destroyed Trump on the subject of assault and brought it home in a way that I wish Hillary could have done at the debate or since the video came out.

That speech was SO powerful. I've wanted Hillary to really bring those points home about how all women feel this way when men yell at them on the street, etc. I would hate to think she was holding back on this because of Bill, somehow. I think as women, we really do have the opportunity to connect emotionally on this issue and to shame this repulsive human being for his predatory behavior and his championing of it as "normal."

But even more interesting is that when Michelle mentioned how we as women try to hold our heads up and stay above it and pretend is doesn't bother us, THAT made me think of Hillary as well. When she mentioned in that Humans of New York interview, what she experienced in law school and the criticisms of the way she talks or sounds when she speaks, etc.- I think that's her mode of operating, to just keep steady and going and let it bounce off of you, because that's how she's gotten along in her life. I think she should talk more about things like that in public, it's very relatable.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 19

I remember talking to a state legislator who had been one of the first women elected to her state's legislature. She talked about how the male legislators would talk about her endlessly. If she wore typically feminine clothing, the men would talk shit about her not being up to the challenge of hanging with the men. If she dressed in slightly more masculine styles including pussy bow blouses, which were the fashion in the 80s, the men would make fun of her and ask her if she'd strapped her balls on that day. At a certain point, she just started wearing nondescript all black clothing and no jewelry. 

Especially towards the end of Bill's presidency, you could tell Hillary just kept doing her. It felt like she had reached this moment of acceptance where she realized some people were going to dislike her no matter what she did, wore, and said and that she should do what would make her happy.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

I'm glad I haven't seen any of this. I feel like it would be everywhere if the Trump campaign wanted to win. This is maybe the second or third time I've heard it mentioned, and can't find any video/audio proof. I hate racism. I love sources.

The Obamas are my favorite. The Clinton's are a close second. If I was around in the 70's I think the Carter's would be in third place. 

It was everywhere in the Obama-Hillary primary. It was so bad that Ted Kennedy, John Lewis, James Clyburn and others in the Democratic Party called Hillary and Bill out personally for their racist campaign. John Edwards' campaign manager even called out Hillary's campaign during round tables even though it hurt his candidate because he was so offended. Keith Olbermann also called Hillary out mulitple times on her racism.  This isn't secret information. It was everywhere. 

4 hours ago, Padma said:

Hillary didn't make racist attacks on Obama or take potshots during his term. That's why he's campaigning for her now, he trusts her.

BILL did get criticized in the 2008 SC primary for dismissing Obama's victory as "like Jesse Jackson's", but that was about it.

Also worth mentioning is Trump insistence at the last debate that he'd never seen such vicious attacks on anyone as "Michelle Obama's ads against you in 2008, Hillary" was FALSE. Every fact checker has said it was a complete and total lie, that no ads like that existed at all, ever.

Didn't keep him from saying it, though.  That's why he earned the Wash Post award for best liar of the year 2015! (He does love those superlatives!)

Hillary absolutely did run a racist campaign against Obama. She was responsible for what her surrogates said and their behavior just like any other candidate. Here is just some of the things Hillary's campaign did - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/hillarys-hypocrisy-clinging-to-obama-after-her-racist-dog-whistles-in-2008_b_9011244.html

It was documented in multiple books covering that campaign and in articles about the Hillary's campaign meltdown. 

People can support Hillary all they want but to lie about what happened in her race against Obama is absurd. 

• Love 2
Just now, pivot said:

It was everywhere in the Obama-Hillary primary. It was so bad that Ted Kennedy, John Lewis, James Clyburn and others in the Democratic Party called Hillary and Bill out personally for their racist campaign. John Edwards' campaign manager even called out Hillary's campaign during round tables even though it hurt his candidate because he was so offended. Keith Olbermann also called Hillary out mulitple times on her racism.  This isn't secret information. It was everywhere. 

I'm able to find a couple things from the primary when they were opponents (Jeremiah Wright, mostly). But once he took office, I can't find a single thing, you mentioned upthread that it continued. It's not everywhere, so I'd like to see it if you know where it is. I'm an info-maniac and I just really like to read the stories that go along with allegations. 

It's unfortunate during this election to be told that both candidates are racist and both don't support women. Being a black woman, that kind of blows. I'm holding out hope that maybe one candidate respects my two most defining qualities. Luckily, I think I found her. But I'll never stop doing my homework. 

• Love 12

I am not going to dig through the entire internet to find obvious material that was covered 24/7 in the primary. I'd suggest reading one of the main books of that election or looking through Daily Kos or other liberal blogs. It was covered in detail at the time. I volunteered for the Obama campaign and watched Hillary's racist in Iowa unfold in real time and it was appalling. It continued on until Obama finally gave Hillary some pity delegates from FL/MI while Ferraro was on tv as a surrogate for Hillary saying racist things. 

Hillary apologizes for her campaign implying Obama was a drug dealer - http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/13/clinton-apologizes-to-obama-for-drug-comment/comment-page-5/?_r=0

Here's Olbermann on Hillary using Ferraro as surrogate:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23601041/

Here's Olbermann's comment on the Clintons and their racism against Obama - 

Edited by pivot
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, atomationage said:

I think HRC is very serious and focused, and can't switch quickly to being jocular and folksy the way that some people do.  A lot of what people are telling her is that she should be more like a man, but also more like a submissive woman smiling all the time.   I don't want her to be more like a man, or to be submissive.  She seems to do well in smaller groups.  I saw a video of her with Cher at a fundraiser, and she seemed perfectly affable, happy and relaxed.  I wouldn't expect her to be able to relax in the company of Tic Tac  Drumpf.  She probably had enough of guys like that before she left high school.

I recognize her seriousness as armor built up after decades of right-wing attacks on her character, activities, ambitions, gender, endless investigations, standing by and defending her husband in spite of his embarrassing extra-marital behavior ... You name it, Hillary Clinton has been accused of it.

I understand her cool, perhaps stiff demeanor. As a woman in a male-dominated profession, I've had to be impartial, unflappable and a wonk to be considered moderately competent in my career.  

• Love 13

Clyburn "called out" Bill Clinton for comments made in one interview. But speaking of him, is is what Clyburn said about the Clinton who is actually running for president in 2016:

"Hillary Clinton is far and away the best choice to reform our criminal justice system and restore the Voting Rights Act to its rightful place." He said a great many more positive things in his endorsement, which, of course, came back in February, when Hillary was not the only candidate in the race. 

John Lewis endorsed Clinton even earlier, in October 2015. Lewis has been eloquent and consistent in his support of Hillary, and said this in a newhttp://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/10/civil-rights-hero-john-lewis-backs-hillary-clinton-in-powerful-pro-equality-ad/ ad:

“Her whole life has been helping others, lifting people up, children poor people. And it doesn’t matter if you’re black or white, Latino, Asian-American or Native-American, whether you’re straight or gay. Hillary will be there fighting for us, speaking up for all of us.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, pivot said:

I am not going to dig through the entire internet to find obvious material that was covered 24/7 in the primary. I'd suggest reading one of the main books of that election or looking through Daily Kos or other liberal blogs. It was covered in detail at the time. I volunteered for the Obama campaign and watched Hillary's racist in Iowa unfold in real time and it was appalling. It continued on until Obama finally gave Hillary some pity delegates from FL/MI while Ferraro was on tv as a surrogate for Hillary saying racist things. 

Hillary apologizes for her campaign implying Obama was a drug dealer - http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/13/clinton-apologizes-to-obama-for-drug-comment/comment-page-5/?_r=0

Here's Olbermann on Hillary using Ferraro as surrogate:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23601041/

I remember some of this during the primary. I will dig into these in the morning. I appreciate you finding them for me, pivot.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 1

Cupid Stunt - Michelle's speech in NH is the greatest political speech I have ever witnessed.  I am old as dirt and have been a political junkie my entire life.  I've seen some great, great speeches, with several being given by the Obamas.  But this hit on such a personal, visceral level that I have rewatched it at least a dozen times now and been brought to tears each time.  This will go down in history as a defining moment of this election season.

• Love 17

I remember much of this from 2008 too. They empowered their surrogates to float the idea that Barack Obama might be Muslim. There was also this vein of whispered condemnation that Barack Obama couldn't relate to regular African Americans because his father was Kenyan and that Obama lived overseas for part of his childhood. He grew up in Hawaii. He has a half-sister who is Asian. There was this implication that he wasn't black enough in the ways that mattered.

• Love 1

There is a forum for Barrack Obama if you want to discuss him.  I don't see how these supposedly  "everywhere 24/7 in 2008" stories about the President have anything to do with the Hillary Clinton topic.  There's also a topic for Surrogates to discuss them.   

• Love 3

I heard Hillary gave a great speech today about poverty. Too bad there was nothing about it on CNN, MSNBC or FOX.

No wonder people lump her with Trump and say it's all "lacking substance".

• Love 13

Yeah, I think the Obamas get more attention for their speeches than she does.

You know, I've actually heard Hillary give some very good speeches this year- in particular, I would say the one right after the police shootings in Dallas and her speech on the emergence of the "alt right" and Trump's elevation of white supremacy into the mainstream. I thought those were really good.

I know no one thinks of her as a great speaker, but I think some of the speeches she's given this year have been better than any I'd ever heard from her before. Better than any she gave in 2008, imo. It's so hard for her to get press attention for anything that doesn't have the word email in it.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, pivot said:

Hillary absolutely did run a racist campaign against Obama. She was responsible for what her surrogates said and their behavior just like any other candidate. Here is just some of the things Hillary's campaign did - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/hillarys-hypocrisy-clinging-to-obama-after-her-racist-dog-whistles-in-2008_b_9011244.html

It was documented in multiple books covering that campaign and in articles about the Hillary's campaign meltdown. 

People can support Hillary all they want but to lie about what happened in her race against Obama is absurd. 

I've read multiple books, and I was an avid Keith Olbermann watcher, and while I remember Bill Clinton being a bit out of control, I don't remember Hillary being out of control. Once it was all over, I remember Hillary and Obama working together working together. This happened to Obama, if Obama felt that it wasn't bad enough to keep him and his wife off the campaign trail, then I can't be mad at Hillary or Obama.  While I do think at first Obama invited Hillary to work in his administration in a Lincoln type fashion, I think that he grew to like and admire her. As I stated earlier, I don't think that he cares for Bill. You can tell whenever they are together. I just don't remember this rampant racism from Hillary, just from Bill. It confirmed why I never liked him. 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 6

The WikiLeaks stuff. I'm having a hard time taking all this seriously because part of me feels like this is information we should not have, and therefore should be disregarded. However, there's so much being made of it, and because of the sheer volume, of course bits and pieces get highlighted. In particular, the Donna Brazile leaked question email is concerning. I've always admired Donna Brazile, and part of me has a hard time believing she would do that because it's just dumb. But, then it shows the whole "the media is biased" thing the alt-right is always going on about. Some of the other stuff is so clearly taken out of context I can dismiss it. Do the town halls actually get questions ahead of time? I would think the candidates have a general idea of what questions are going to get asked though and don't really need them ahead of time anyway.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

The WikiLeaks stuff. I'm having a hard time taking all this seriously because part of me feels like this is information we should not have, and therefore should be disregarded.

The worst thing that has come out so far in these leaks is that Podesta once called Chelsea a spoiled brat. Wow, who hasn't called their boss' kid a spoiled brat?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

The worst thing that has come out so far in these leaks is that Podesta once called Chelsea a spoiled brat. Wow, who hasn't called their boss' kid a spoiled brat?

That and making a big deal about this whole private and public position on issues. I thought that was a thing most politicians do, at least the more practical and rational ones who aren't expecting the entire world to share their beliefs.

• Love 9

Lyndon Baines Johnson was a horrible, horrible racist.  And he signed the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act anyway.  If that's what someone with private beliefs is capable of, I don't really care how much more moderate or liberal or conservative she is behind closed doors.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, starri said:

Lyndon Baines Johnson was a horrible, horrible racist.  And he signed the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act anyway.  If that's what someone with private beliefs is capable of, I don't really care how much more moderate or liberal or conservative she is behind closed doors.

We need a forum on that. I don't know how to take those types of politicians. I need to finish the movie that HBO did on LBJ. Lincoln was the same way. There are a few other presidents there were the same way. It's because of Lincoln that Obama and I have the same God-Mother (Willie Barrow RIP), and after 20 books, and 2 movies, I am still unsure of my feelings for Lincoln. 

I don't trust the Wikileaks stuff. I think that some of the emails were proven to be falsified. CNN said that they didn't give DB any of the questions in advance. DB is one of the few people around from Gore's campaign. Carville's still around, but he's more of a pundit these days, DB actually works. Poor Daley left politics completly I think. 

• Love 2

The Russian Wikileaks are a lot of baloney, the same as "Hillary's racist campaign in 2008".  Someone makes up a story, then they attach a name to the story that is connected to HRC in some way, then it was all HRC's fault.   Drumpf was waving around a paper that he kept insisting was an email from Sidney Blumenthal about Benghazi.  It was actually an email where Blumenthal was quoting an article in Newsweek about Benghazi.  The only place where that email had been published was a Russian news feed, which actually withdrew it when they realized their mistake, but there it was in Joe McCarthy Drumpf's hands., and he's acting like Blumenthal is HRC's second husband.  People who remember history can't be fooled by someone claiming that something different happened.  I remember 2008, and I know what all the arguments were that were made.  There was no such thing as "Hillary's racist campaign in 2008". 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ChromaKelly said:

That and making a big deal about this whole private and public position on issues. I thought that was a thing most politicians do, at least the more practical and rational ones who aren't expecting the entire world to share their beliefs.

It's funny, because I just call that code-switching. Which is every day of my life. But I guess talking one way to my boss, and another way to my high school friends makes me a bad person. 

• Love 17
On 10/11/2016 at 11:56 PM, pivot said:

because the Republicans nominated the only politician in the country worse than her, I am going to be stuck voting for her in November.

@Landsnark just wanted to show you a quote from page one where Pivot does say Hillary is getting their vote. So, I know it seems like we are all on different sides, but the goal is for Trump to lose. So we should find a way to keep this as productive a conversation as possible.

I really don't want to lose this space for discussion. It's a lot of points of view that I have been searching for, and I know it's hard not to respond with emotion. We just have to be better than the other comments sections on the rest of the internet. 

• Love 12