Type keyword(s) to search

Star Wars

• Start Topic

Anyone reading the current series that takes place between Star Wars and Empire? I'm not a big comic book guy but I'm really digging it. The Leia as pilot and operative story lines really make me hope the that Episode VII invests in a female lead.

I could NOT get into "The Star Wars" though. That's the one that's based of early drafts. It's like eating eggs, flour and sugar instead of a cake. Familiar but half-baked and unfulfilling.

• Love 1

I'll probably read both of these over the Christmas break at my in-laws.  

The only thing I know about THE Star Wars is that Han Solo looks like Swamp Thing.  So, I'm curious.

I just read that Disney is giving Marvel the Star Wars comic license. So, all these series will be wrapping up before (I think) 2015. Time will tell if Marvel can live up to some of the cool things that Dark Horse has done.

Hey, this topic exists!

So Dark Horse is having a huge digital sale right now, including big savings on all the Star Wars comics. Which ones are worth picking up? They have all of Star Wars Legacy for $35, Empire for $25, KOTOR for $35, Dark Times for $17.50, and more. https://digital.darkhorse.com/search/?q=star+wars+bundle&sort_mode=title

I feel I should pick some of them up, but I've not much knowledge of this stuff.

I really enjoyed the KOTOR series. A great extension to the world established in the games, and with sympathetic characters who went through clearly defined arcs to become better, stronger people. If you played the KOTOR game, then it was even better thanks to the Malak backstory.

Legacy? Not so much. I thought Cade Skywalker was a colossal douchebag who never seemed to learn from, or even care about, the mistakes he made and the consequences of them. I gave up on that series when it became clear to me that he simply wasn't going to grow or change on any significant level.

I thought Cade Skywalker was a colossal douchebag who never seemed to learn from, or even care about, the mistakes he made and the consequences of them.

I actually liked that about him. Sort of Homer Simsonish in that entertainingly stupid way. However, he develops more of a concience later on. Plus there's so many great supporting characters. I'd like to see a long series about Gar Stazi, for example. Darth Fanserv-- er, Talon, was good fun too. Morrigan Corde, what was her ultimate agenda anyway? And so on.

More stuff that's good: I like the art in Jedi vs Sith, and also the early Tales of the Jedi comics. But even the TOTJ art is very much an acquired taste, much less the actual stories.