Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Proposal in the City

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We don't know what Hispanic derivation Mark is from. Or how much Hispanic blood he actually has. My sisters are half Mexican. Two look as pale and white as I (and I'm actually half Portuguese and Italian). Only one sister looked remotely Hispanic OR Italian. And she was the one with the Cindy Lou Who nose. LOL @ genetics

It could be that Mark has a grandparent with the name, but the rest of his family is from other non-Hispanic countries. This is the case with my husband, who has an Italian name, but is half Serbian and looks the part  (those high cheekbones wooed me) without the melanin. I'm actually more Italian than he is. LOL

Sierra referred to him as Mexican. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else notice how this show is actually likeable when the cast of characters is mostly non-Duggars? Similar to the way Flame brought some badly needed life to this bunch, I thought Jeremy's friends and family did the same. From his non-Italian "Italian" grandma to Luis on bended knee when Jeremy opened his hotel room door, it was like a different world from the Duggars' lack of personality and rigid demeanors. If Nancy wants to save this show, this is the track to stay on.

I agree 100% . I would totally watch a show with Jinger and Jessa and their random friends. 

Also the interaction with Luis and Jeremy seemed so genuine and real- so unlike the other BS we are force fed with TLC...nice change of pace. And this is from someone who loves to snark on these fools.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5

Board shorts, full frontal hugs, WTH is up in Duggar world. I feel dirty almost!

The way Jing reacts to everything babe does you would think he came up with a cure for Cancer or something. I think he could take her to Home Depot toilet shopping and she would be like oh babe with that huge grin.

Definitely picked up a vibe after the proposal that they either wanted to kiss, which to me is normal, or have already. She is so ready to climb him like a tree it is uncomfortable to watch!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Board shorts, full frontal hugs, WTH is up in Duggar world. I feel dirty almost!

The way Jing reacts to everything babe does you would think he came up with a cure for Cancer or something. I think he could take her to Home Depot toilet shopping and she would be like oh babe with that huge grin.

Definitely picked up a vibe after the proposal that they either wanted to kiss, which to me is normal, or have already. She is so ready to climb him like a tree it is uncomfortable to watch!

As my husband said- Hungry eyes!!! GF wants to get laaaiiddd. Good for her. 22/23 is a long time to wait

• Love 6

Remember when sweet Jilly Muffin lunged at Derick during their wedding?  Jinger is going to attack Jeremy like a she lion.  I feel uncomfortable watching them.  I would be very surprised if they haven't already kissed.  There have been so many "moments."  When one of Jeremy's friends greeted Jinger, I thought he may have accidentally grazed her cheek.  Of course that's just how some people greet those they are happy to see or meet, but it's interesting to see just how rigid the Duggars are when they interact with outsiders. 

• Love 5

Thank heaven that even with all the horrific shit going on in the world Jeremy was able to get through on the God Hotline to get the rain stopped just in time for the virgin proposal.  

Edited by Magoo
  • Love 24

SEW SUMI SAID: We don't know what Hispanic derivation Mark is from. Or how much Hispanic blood he actually has. My sisters are half Mexican. Two look as pale and white as I (and I'm actually half Portuguese and Italian). Only one sister looked remotely Hispanic OR Italian. And she was the one with the Cindy Lou Who nose. LOL @ genetics

It is my calling in life to go around and say hispanic is not a race. Hispanics come in all skin tones, eye color, hair color.  

As for the show...I haven't watched yet, but it sounds better than the few I've seen this season. Can't wait to see the non-Italian Italian grandmother. I had an Italian grandmother who couldn't cook! 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I guess Jinger's so in love that she forgot how to use a hairbrush. Girl, pull that shizz back when you're making meatballs!

Did you notice the grandmother pull Jingers hair back when she was making the sauce.  I thought she was going to put it in a holder or something appropriate like that. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know that Jill really understands the concept of girlfriends. All of her, um, friendly acquaintances have been people from their cult until she left for Danger America. Unlike Jessa, she didn't have anyone on her side of the wedding party who wasn't a sister or SIL, and I only think she asked Anna so she wouldn't feel excluded. Even now, Jill only reaches out to either the "spiritually dead" (TM) Derick, or ladies from the church who happen to be in the same bible class as she. We have never seen her with a real girl friend. 

Jessa is just as awkward, but at least she's trying. 

Jinger? Oh dear. 

It's hard to re-socialize old badly socialized dogs. And that's what they are. Your family wires those relate-to-people behaviors and responses right into some deep, old sections of your brain and changing them is no easy task, even if it dawns on you at some point that you'd like to change them.

I just read a book about a woman who left North Korea as a 17-year-old (The Girl with Seven Names) and the stuff she says about her own and other North Koreans' knee-jerk reactions and misconceptions when it comes to human behavior and relationships reminded me so much of the Duggars.

And the defected Koreans generally want to leave for another world and don't even have the option of retreating into their old lives (if they want to live instead of being tortured to death, at any rate). Yet they still have a terrible time understanding people elsewhere and adapting to new ways of relating to people. So far, no Duggar kid has shown any real signs of wanting to explore another way of living. And they all have Duggardom right handy to retreat to if they feel uncomfortable with another situation, so the pressure to make difficult change isn't really there.  They're well and truly trapped.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else notice how this show is actually likeable when the cast of characters is mostly non-Duggars?

Which is why the damned Duggars shouldn't have a damned show. Begin the process of eventually alerting some of the Duggar kids to their hideous cult entrapment and prevent deluded leghumpers from holding them up as role models by taking them fucking off the air.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

But haven't the Duggar girls bragged for YEARS that they can do EVERYTHING in skirts and flip flops??? Hmmm????

The board shorts are definitely not Boob and Mechelle approved. It's nice to know Jessa and Jinger have some tiny semblance of independent thought!I

Oh, I laughed out loud when Jinger simpered, "You're so smart, Babe," at the revelation that you can put milk in a coffee cup before the coffee. But to someone with a Duggar IQ, it really must have been a stunning concept for her to behold. And any new thought or concept must be mind blowing in their world.

6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

• Love 14

I was worried Jinger was going to kayak into a tree, the way her eyes were fixated on Jeremy. It's actually really creepy. He's going to get sick of that eventually. She looks so strange amongst his friends and other humans, like she's from a different planet. I don't think it's a good long-term match. 

Edited by Maya
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Once again, Jill gets a big beautiful mini mansion, while by comparison, Josh and Jessa have to make do with hovels.  What is that about?

As has been said, and I agree, Boob's bribing them to stick around in Arkansas vs. going back to Danger America. 

But I also think that it's a power play on Boob's part, because I think Derick is trying to differentiate his little family from the Duggars, instead of going down without a fight into Wholly Owned Subsidiary/In-Law status. We've discussed it over in the Dillards' topic. I'm sure there's nothing in the area of the TTH that Derick could afford to rent, that would be nearly as nice as the house Boob's letting them live in. So that if Derick showed some independence on that front, he'd look like a selfish prideful guy who'd rather house his wife and kid in a small modest place, instead of letting them live in a mini-mansion where his wife could easily visit with her much-loved family.

As a power, thing, it's well-played by Boob. If Derick's playing a longer game, it's not stupid to live in a nice big house rent-free and save your money (and your battles) for bigger things.

Edited to add: Josh and Jessa have nothing to bargain with for better houses. 

As to Josh, his brief fling of independence (semi-independence at best since he was still sucking on the TLC teat) in DC ended in tears, and I can't imagine he has the character or energy to ever break free of Boob's domination. He'll damn well take whatever Boob's handing out, as to housing and work, and keep sweet about it. And Boob knows it.

Jessa and Bin haven't disgraced themselves, but Bin was barely old enough to drive when he married into the Duggar family, and the Seewalds seem to have zero chances of being financially self-supporting any time soon, even if Bin manages to make friends outside the family (good for him). So the Seewalds are also going to take what JB's giving them. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, Maya said:

I was worried Jinger was going to kayak into a tree, the way her eyes were fixated on Jeremy. It's actually really creepy. He's going to get sick of that eventually. She looks so strange amongst his friends and other humans, like she's from a different planet. I don't think it's a good long-term match. 

Jinger is in serious love.  That doe-eyed look will pass once they're married and settled down.  She's never been in love before, probably never even had a boyfriend before.  Remember how Jill acted with Derick when she fell in love?  Same thing.  Though Jinger is a little bit more over the top but that's probably because Jeremy is allowed to show Jinger a lot more affection that Derick was allowed with Jill.  Even though they don't hold hands, she touches his arm, they walk around embracing one another, when he hugs her he cups the back of her head - all of this tenderness was a no-no for Jill.  But that kind of affection will make you look silly and sappy.  He had his moments of sappiness too, even though he's almost 30 years old and a "man of the world".  

• Love 5

Jeremy won me with his family, friends and apparent normal middle class upbringing. I also smile when he says that things went "well" versus went "good". I don't ever see him living in TTH Town (or fathering 19+ kids) and I think that Jinge is completely fine with that.

But yes, that kissing ship sailed awhile ago. The continuous full frontal hug thing was awesome, especially if it caused JB's head to explode.

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Maya said:

Maybe he's spent his whole life pining away for a love interest from a Duggarlike planet, putting up with these regular humans only because a Jinger is so darned hard to find among actual humans. .... Not.                          Because why in the world would anyone in the 21st century do that?

Unfortunately, to my mind your observation confirms the theory that he's either in it for the celebrity (my guess, since he's failed to gain celebrity he thought he would get as an athlete) or for the pleasure of acting out his white Christian male superiority with some uber-"meek" woman. Either way, that will ultimately be unfortunate for poor idiot Jinger. And for Jeremy too. Because I don't see Jinger having much if any potential to change.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

How long is Jeremy, a college-educated man, going to get tired of trying to explain simple life concepts to his child-bride, when all she can do in return is stare at him?  

He can always ask Derick for tips on how to cope. Derick seems to be encouraging Jill to study, and we got a glimpse of them listening to a podcast while eating dinner. I think (and I could be wrong) that Derick is working to get Jill up to speed on basic life skills, as an alternative to being married to a clingy 14 year old for the rest of his life.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Calling your first crush and experience of lust "love" seems a stretch.

Oh, but she knows so much about him. He loves Jesus, remember? And umm, uhh... Yeah, he loves Jesus.....

That's some in-depth understanding of your marriage partner, right there. Gotta be deep and genuine love.

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice that once Anna appeared onscreen and started talking....Josh's name did not come up, even once?  She talked about her "situation" without mentioning his actual name rather skillfully.  I found that interesting.

• Love 5

Anna just tries so hard to look happy.  It's kind of sad and pathetic thar you are hoping your friend waits to be married so you can be friends a little while longer.  Two married women can remain friends, Anna.

Edited by flyingdi
To make my English gooder!
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did I dream the opening segment of this episode...where Jer poured cream into a coffee cup, then poured the coffee in, and was all, "Look, Jinge!  This way you don't need a spoon!  The cream mixes right in!"  And Jinge was watching, mouth open in awe and wonder, and said, "Baaaaaaaaaaabe!"  Like she's NEVER thought of this?!  Tell me I dreamed that.  Because there is just no way that was real.  NO WAY I tell you.

We call that a nightmare ;).

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did I dream the opening segment of this episode...where Jer poured cream into a coffee cup, then poured the coffee in, and was all, "Look, Jinge!  This way you don't need a spoon!  The cream mixes right in!"  And Jinge was watching, mouth open in awe and wonder, and said, "Baaaaaaaaaaabe!"  Like she's NEVER thought of this?!  Tell me I dreamed that.  Because there is just no way that was real.  NO WAY I tell you.

I confess that I once had to show the exact same thing to my boss, then a man of about 60 with several university degrees. He didn't say "Baaaaabe," but he had been complaining that because the kitchen was out of the little plastic stirrer sticks, his coffee-with-cream was going to be inferior. And he considered my demonstration revelatory. So apparently this is a more outside-the-box idea than we think.

• Love 10

Jeremy was a bit less deranged in this episode.  

But then, after seeing his normal life, I think "WTF"??????  Like, what the hell happened to you that Jinger seems like a prize.  Maybe it makes him WORSE???  Ben didn't know any different, neither did Anna.  Ben and Anna were also pretty young and inexperienced.  Derick?  Well, we have determined that he is a balloon head sorta drifting through life.  Jeremy?  WTF, WTF, WTF.  

It appeared to me that those two have kissed.  They keep leaning in and then sorta stopping.  Unless that is Jeremy acting like a normal non virgin man and then he realizes that this is Jinger Duggar he is with, not some regular ole woman! Jinger is special....

I'm really surprised that none of the Duggar girls can cook at all.  At least Jessa was honest in this episode...she admitted to frozen meatballs and prepared food in a box.  Probably the most honest thing we have heard from these people.

OK, as an ex IFB, I'm lost with the board shorts.  The Bible verse strictly prohibits mens clothing, which is why you don't wear pants.  THEY WERE BEN'S BOARD SHORTS!!!  Not even womens board shorts.  They are MENS board shorts.    Duggar girls are wearing men's clothing that were bought in the men's department.  MIND BLOWN. 

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I confess that I once had to show the exact same thing to my boss, then a man of about 60 with several university degrees. He didn't say "Baaaaabe," but he had been complaining that because the kitchen was out of the little plastic stirrer sticks, his coffee-with-cream was going to be inferior. And he considered my demonstration revelatory. So apparently this is a more outside-the-box idea than we think.

To be honest, it had never occurred to me either...Then again, I put a lot of milk in my coffee - more to cool it down than anything else as I tend to like most things lukewarm, so it mixes up fairly well anyway.

• Love 1

I like Jeremy and his friends and family.  Love that Cara was wearing jean shorts in her own home in July.  I especially love how Jeremy, the poor assistant pastor, put a bill in the pan handlers bucket while the millionaires walked right past him.  The were probably still in shock from riding the subway.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

To be fair, I also had to show several of my former male bosses how to work a very simple coffee machine where I used to work.  One guy would always come in early and re-heat the dregs from the pot from the day before because he didn't know how to put a paper filter in.  And this was years ago, this was no fancy coffee machine.

It appeared to me that Jeremy could also pour boiling water over a teabag to make tea...or turn a slice of bread into toast using a toaster...and Jinge would still stand there, awe-struck, exclaiming "Baaaaaaaaaabe!"  Plus, the fact that Jer was pouring the cream from a little ceramic cow so slowly and carefully, it seemed like he was explaining a magic trick to a wide-eyed toddler.  Well...in a way, I suppose that's exactly what he was doing.

• Love 16

Watching this episode gives me hope for Babe and Jinge.  Jinge has certainly come up with her own courting rules with all the hugging.  And I think I caught Babe kissing her forehead!  I can see Jinge assuming Babe's rules and wearing pants like Alyssa Bates.  Of course this would mean they had to stay far away from Duggarville.  Hope they stick it out in Texas or move back East.  I think Jinge would like that.  If Babe could just get away from the doom and gloom sermons.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, 88Keys said:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE TALKING HEADS?!

Why not just show it and use the talking heads to tell what you were thinking and feeling at the time? 

Because they are trained to not think and not feel? All they can do is describe what they're doing and no thinking is done about anything?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I remember fixing a cup of coffee for a co-worker and when he saw me put the creamer in first and then pour, I swear you would've thought I invented the wheel. He was in complete awe, so I agree it may not be as commonly known as you'd think. It's like one of those life hacks that revolutionizes your world once you discover it, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

And I think I caught Babe kissing her forehead!

I thought I saw that too!!!  I thought (with wicked gless), "Oh wow, I hope JimBob is watching this!"  JB does not like Jeremy.  It was pretty obvious when he visited his apartment and didn't have one nice thing to say.  Coming from a man who previous two sons-in-law didn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of, let alone a place to bring a bride.  JB hates Jeremy's independence.  He's hates Jeremy's "worldliness".  He hates the fact that Jinger doesn't give two whits about his "boundaries".  He hates the fact that Jinger will move away from home and not be under this control.  He knows he's losing Jinger.  When he looked at Jeremy at the airport and wouldn't leave them alone for 2 minutes to say goodbye, I knew he had hatred in his heart towards this young man.

I sure hope Jana is quietly seeing someone who's not a Duggar-clone.  

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Where was Derrick living when he was working full-time at Walmart, before he married Jill?

Maybe with Cathy? I'm not familiar with Arkansas geography but I don't think she lives too far from the TTH.

On a completely petty and shallow note, why did Jinger's ring look so tiny on TV compared to the professional photographs? When she held her hand up, I could barely see the diamond. Did People substitute in something bigger so it would show up better in the pictures? 

• Love 2

This has probably been discussed ad nauseam, but why is this show an hour long?  Delete 30 minutes of it, and it wouldn't be quite as boring.  Last night it was the same people, saying the same thing, over and over and over again until I finally had to turn the shit off.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Jinger is in serious love.  That doe-eyed look will pass once they're married and settled down.  She's never been in love before, probably never even had a boyfriend before.  Remember how Jill acted with Derick when she fell in love?  Same thing.  Though Jinger is a little bit more over the top but that's probably because Jeremy is allowed to show Jinger a lot more affection that Derick was allowed with Jill.  Even though they don't hold hands, she touches his arm, they walk around embracing one another, when he hugs her he cups the back of her head - all of this tenderness was a no-no for Jill.  But that kind of affection will make you look silly and sappy.  He had his moments of sappiness too, even though he's almost 30 years old and a "man of the world".  

I can't wait to see what happens if Baaabe gives Jing an earth-shaking orgasm on their wedding night.  We think she's smitten now?  Lol

• Love 6

Jinger is so obviously turned on, it's really uncomfortable to watch.  That is one heated up Duggar.  There are so many dirty and amusing comments I could make....I'm trying to act my age but it's so tempting! 

Every thing they did or said was just filler for Jinger.  It's like blah blah blah blah can we have sex yet blah blah blah blah.  Jinger will have no trouble on the wedding night.  She will probably write one of those Christian Sex Manuals for Wives.  ;)  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm really not getting why Jessa felt the need to bring it up at all...most of their loyal viewers are perfectly aware of their self-enforced dress code.  It is what it is, and while it's definitely not always logical (survival camp, firefighting, etc.), pointing out the change from skirt to shorts in order to go kayaking only draws more attention to something we already know about them.  Odd.

I thought that was always the plan??  Did Bin override Jessa?  Because I'm not sure I can see that happening.

Jer.....have a good life, man.  The scenes at the soccer venue spoke volumes.  Jer was attempting to show Jinge the arena, teach her about soccer, etc.  And Jinge couldn't take her eyes off of Babe.  She had no clue what was going on.  Those two are eventually going to need to have things in common besides each other.  How long is Jeremy, a college-educated man, going to get tired of trying to explain simple life concepts to his child-bride, when all she can do in return is stare at him?  Couples need both things in common and outside interests, while Jinger appears to have no interests in anything except Jeremy.  I can't imagine what their lives are going to be like.  

And tell me how a 23-year old woman.  Doesn't know how.  To.  Make.  A.  SANDWICH.  Using fresh bread.  And not stale bread.  A SANDWICH.

Remember Xanaxia's words of wisdom: ANYONE can make a sandwich....

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I remember fixing a cup of coffee for a co-worker and when he saw me put the creamer in first and then pour, I swear you would've thought I invented the wheel. He was in complete awe, so I agree it may not be as commonly known as you'd think. It's like one of those life hacks that revolutionizes your world once you discover it, lol.

Funny because there was a show on that was one of those weird fact ones and said that 1. no stirrer, you put the sugar in first, pour the coffee to let it dissolve and then add the creamer if it is pure dairy after because it will still disperse (artificial creamers or ones with oils in do not) and 2. lots of people react differently to the combination of heat, fat (dairy creamer), sweet and the oils in coffee that the order it is put together can affect the taste to the individual and some of that is perception but it also has to do with what flavor notes they taste last in their cup of coffee.

On point:  I rewatched some scenes and I don't think Jeremy was quite completely not playing his role on camera.  Jinjer has bought in but there were a couple of moments where the Holy Goalie seemed to pause and let the lines from the others catch up.  As if, even if the rest of them did not have it planned out, he had a rehearsal of how he thought or knew he wanted it all to go.  It really is a bit creepy.   And her complete and utter inability to parse anything like someone her age, heck even half her age that has been out in the real world continues to make it even more creepy. 

It's like I'm watching Jim and Tammy Faye Baker:  The Early Years. 

In 2016!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

SEW SUMI SAID: We don't know what Hispanic derivation Mark is from. Or how much Hispanic blood he actually has. My sisters are half Mexican. Two look as pale and white as I (and I'm actually half Portuguese and Italian). Only one sister looked remotely Hispanic OR Italian. And she was the one with the Cindy Lou Who nose. LOL @ genetics

It is my calling in life to go around and say hispanic is not a race. Hispanics come in all skin tones, eye color, hair color.  

Excuse me. I am guilty of mixing up Hispanic and Latino, even though my half-sisters are both. My sister who works with LATINO adults to acquire English as a second language never refers to herself as Latina. She's in her early 60's,  fiercely liberal, so I think it could be a generational thing. Ironically, she's the one of us who looks least either Mexican or Italian. 

Now that I've watched the episode, it looks like the proposal was on Monday the 25th, and People got that announcement out at 7am the next morning. I misremembered the announcement being on a Monday. I should know the Duggars always announce shit on Tuesdays to spike interest in watching this shitshow. 

Oh Jinger. I looked like that when I was 15 working at a CHRISTIAN summer camp and spent a week sneaking out to make out with a guy in the woods, etc. Every girl working with me behind the scenes wanted him, and the female campers drooled over him. But I got him. Oh, the jealousy that week! My Godliness was questioned. Since I'd written a fake essay about my godliness to get away from my parents to be there, I had no fucks to give. 

But that was the last time I was googly-eyed. I was far more calculated on how to catch my long-term boyfriend later in high school, and googly eyes had nothing to do with it. My brains did. 

eta: It was easy to lose, but Jeremy said the proposal was on Monday, which would have been the 25th. I went back and it was a Tuesday announcement by People. I will delete my previous post. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I can't wait to see what happens if Baaabe gives Jing an earth-shaking orgasm on their wedding night.  We think she's smitten now?  Lol

I just keep wondering why anybody thinks a frustrated horny ex-jock who's a "pastor" with extremely anti-sex views (any and all masturbation is inspired by the devil) and a seeker of "meek" women would ever ever ever be inclined or able to quickly assist to orgasm an incredibly sheltered super-Christian virgin who believed she was a miserable sinner from age five and was molested as a child, told to shut up about it, given no counseling, and, by some accounts, required to take on some of the blame and publicly forgive her abuser.  Plus, she has a mother who told Jessa of sex -- "Don't worry. It doesn't take long."

To me, that sounds like a surefire recipe for a couple with pretty long-term sexual dysfunction that'll last until they really work on changing things.  Or forever. Whichever comes first.

Or do I just know a lot of unusually sexually dysfunctional people? Because I and the vast majority of the non-Duggarish women I know didn't have earth-shaking orgasms early on in our first relationships. Most of the friends I've talked with about this didn't have any orgasms early on in their first relationships, in fact, let alone earth-shaking ones. And women who'd never consciously masturbated before those first sexual relationships? (as I pretty strongly suspect Jinger has not, since she's been molested and sleeps in a room with a multitude of baby sisters) I've never talked to anyone in that category who didn't take a very long time to learn to orgasm with a partner. And we're not talking former molestees who've had no counseling, either. And as far as Jinge's current horny high is concerned, I expect that's as likely to give her a frustrating female-premature-ejaculation-type experience as it is to give her an orgasm she'd fully experience and enjoy during intercourse. 

Do I just run in an exceptionally sexually dysfunctional crowd? Or are people being over-optimistic when they picture these great orgasms that Mr. Masturbation Is Deadly Sin! is supposedly going to quickly bestow on Miss I Am a Miserable Sinner, Look to Have Some Kind of Eating Disorder and Have a Mental/Emotional/Knowledgeableness Age of About 12! ?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I just keep wondering why anybody thinks a frustrated horny ex-jock who's a "pastor" with extremely anti-sex views (any and all masturbation is inspired by the devil) and a seeker of "meek" women would ever ever ever be inclined or able to quickly assist to orgasm an incredibly sheltered super-Christian virgin who believed she was a miserable sinner from age five and was molested as a child, told to shut up about it, given no counseling, and, by some accounts, required to take on some of the blame and publicly forgive her abuser.  Plus, she has a mother who told Jessa of sex -- "Don't worry. It doesn't take long."

To me, that sounds like a surefire recipe for a couple with pretty long-term sexual dysfunction that'll last until they really work on changing things.  Or forever. Whichever comes first.

I know where you're coming from with this...

I just think those two look like they are going to O at any moment just standing next to eachother.  Particularly Jinger.  Maybe she is TOO sexually aroused? I don't know enough about the horrible situations she has been through to even make an educated guess.

But she certainly looks ready to have some sex with No Jerk Off Jeremy.  Maybe they will have a lot of sexual dysfunction but from my TV screen, they look like they will get the job done and pretty darn quickly.   And Jeremy is surely no virgin even though he plays one on TV. 

• Love 11