Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Proposal in the City

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Who cares? This is definitely must not see tv.

It is. But it's also an FU Internetz. Look, we love it when Jinger got proposed to in the BIG CITY! See, we're NORMAL! We would never hamper our kids' FREEDOM! Jinger gets proposed to in the BIG CITY! Just what she always WANTED! .... RIght before she moves to Laredo. And then back to Tontitown. Into one of JB's I'm-pretending-I'll-flip-'em houses.

• Love 6

Holy Crap!!!! There hasn't been a proposal yet ? Are you kidding me? I didn't watch anything this season except a few snippets last week.....figured Jinge and Babe were already engaged. Thought that was the whole point of the episode....printing out and enforcing engagement rules and regulations.

They are so fucking boring. Why is TLC airing this snoozefest? Yup, the Texas state necklace will be a two-parter. I'm convinced now.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Board shorts!  Well I guess we have seen them wear them in the water before but this is the first they talked about it.  Yes, it is more modest.  

Jeremy's grandma is very cute and sweet.

But haven't the Duggar girls bragged for YEARS that they can do EVERYTHING in skirts and flip flops??? Hmmm????

• Love 9

I don't know, but I don't think any of this entire group would be a good fit for the secret service, or any other confidential job, government or private, as either the holder or the seeker of the secret.  Just my opinion, but something tells me it's not their hallmark trait.

• Love 3

Why did MEchelle tag along?  Why?  I thought it was funny when Jeremy's Mom was holding Spurgeon and playing with him while MEchelle was not seen holding him one time on the trip.  

Why do they have to redecorate for Jill and Derrick?  Why can't they do it when they get there.  Don't these people ever want to pick out their own furniture, wall color and decorations?

The grandmother was just so adorable.  I wonder what MEchelle was doing while Jing was in the kitchen learning to make sauce.  I loved that they had real food.  I can't remember if they had real dishes as well.  

I don't know why Jeremy wore sneakers for  the proposal.  A nice pair of loafers would have looked so much better. 

I was actually surprised they put the proposal in this episode.  I just knew they were going to cut right before going on the roof.   Guess they got the message with that crap of repeats they had on last week. 

And finally, Jing is so ready to have sex with Babe.

• Love 9

Looks like they were engaged for several days before they announced. The Red Bulls played a home game on  Sunday July 24, the day before the engagement was announced, so they were already engaged then. Even People wouldn't let them use their offices to get engaged on a Sunday night then announce at 7am the next morning, plus it didn't rain that day.  They announced their engagement the next day, right after that awful weekend heat wave. I knew Jinger's engagement outfit wasn't right for 100 degree heat and 100% humidity. Looking at the NYC weather below, it probably rained on those two days during the week when highs were in the low 80's. They could have easily gone back and forth from PA to NYC in that time span for filming. It's only a 2 hour drive. 

Imagine sitting at a mid-afternoon soccer game in 95 degree heat with equally high humidity. Ugh. 

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new-york-ny/10007/july-weather/349727

Edited by Sew Sumi
Because I know the difference between June and July.
  • Love 5

I loved this episode, and generally I am hate watching.  Well, always I am hate watching.  Loved Jeremy's Mom in pants and sleeveless, loved the Grandma, she claimed not to be Italian but was the quintessential Italian Grandma.  Loved seeing my fabulous, one-of-a-kind home state New Jersey, which always smells like meatballs and "gravy".  Looks like the Grandparents live in Bergen County where I used to live.  Very mid-century Jersey home.  Happy to see such a crowd at the Red Bull Stadium in Newark (yes, you get wanded going in, just like in New York) and loved Jeremy's almost normal friends.  Fun episode in beautiful Manhattan.  Time flew, wish all the shows were this good.

• Love 9

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE TALKING HEADS?!

Jinger: We went to a Korean restaurant for lunch.

Show shots of the family eating at the Korean restaurant.

Jessa: Jinger wanted to get dressed up and look nice for dinner.

Shots of Jessa helping Jinger do her hair.

Seriously, why tell us what is going to happen and then actually show it?  Why not just show it and use the talking heads to tell what you were thinking and feeling at the time?  I know the show has done thing this way for years, but it really annoyed me tonight.

And Jinger's dress was really drab and dull. 

• Love 7

Once again, Jill gets a big beautiful mini mansion, while by comparison, Josh and Jessa have to make do with hovels.  What is that about?

When Jinger and Jeremy were at his grandmother’s house, there were several instances where they came close to kissing. It wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve already done so.  I noticed that Jeremy and Michelle side hugged for quite a while.  In the meantime, she won’t go within two feet of Derick.  Wonder why. 

• Love 8

Oh yes, Jeremy and Jinge have lip-locked before.  It is almost as if they have to stop and think "no, cannot do on tv" in some of their hug scenes.  Good.  And I did notice Xanaxia (love) close her eyes when she was side-hugging Jeremy, the slut.

• Love 14

Do what now? Jinger has been corresponding with the grandparents??  Wha??!?! 

Has she become a stepford wife? She's nuts!

Anna oh no. She did not look good. I feel bad that she probably has no choice but to be on this show. 

Why does Jana give a shit if the house is done in time? Oh my god that poor girl. 

Aww! Grandmas rule! I lost both of mine by the time I was 14. Would have been nice to know them as I got older.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, truthtalk2014 said:

I don't know why Jeremy wore sneakers for  the proposal.  A nice pair of loafers would have looked so much better. 

Many, many guys his age do not own loafers. The thought that dress or even semi-dress shoes would be more appropriate may not have even occurred to him.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Once again, Jill gets a big beautiful mini mansion, while by comparison, Josh and Jessa have to make do with hovels.  What is that about?

When Jinger and Jeremy were at his grandmother’s house, there were several instances where they came close to kissing. It wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve already done so.  I noticed that Jeremy and Michelle side hugged for quite a while.  In the meantime, she won’t go within two feet of Derick.  Wonder why. 

Because Derrick may stink?

• Love 12

May post more later -- but Jer has friends? Who aren't all white and not all married to white women? Not shocking -- if you are from NY/NJ and don't homeschool, you will have Asian friends. But so refreshing to see on this show . . . someone talking to someone that isn't a sibling.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Many, many guys his age do not own loafers. The thought that dress or even semi-dress shoes would be more appropriate may not have even occurred to him.

He pastors a church. I'm sure he has some nice shoes, but I imagine that he didn't want to put them on because Cringe might suspect something was up (as if she didn't already know). 

• Love 7

I wouldn't count on him wearing more than athletic shoes given the kind of church he pastors and the congregation he likely has.  Most of the tiny non-denominational churches like that want the pastor to fit in with the congregation.  The funny thing is my athletic shoes cost more than my dress shoes.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Maybe giving Jill the mansion is Jim Bob's way of trying to coerce her into coming back home.  I mean, to live in Arkansas instead of Danger America.

And Derick is looking pretty rough lately...

• Love 9

There is something absolutely hysterical to me watching Ben walk around with Spurgeon up front.  

You don't know if you've been to a soccer game before, Jinger? How is that even remotely possible?

I wonder if she knows what the word 'nostalgia' means.

I feel like telling a young child not to say something isn't going to work in your favor. But I do like Luis. Why couldn't one of the girls find someone like him?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4

Lets be honest.  Don't you think J & J make an attractive couple?  When they showed their picture at the end of the episode, I thought, "Wow, they look good together."

Also, a kiss was definitely in order after he proposed.  But as we know the Duggars don't kiss until the wedding day.  No matter that there must be a dozen of people around plus the camera crew, kissing will lead to fornicating and that's definitely out.  But one thing I've noticed, there is a LOT more physical contact between J & J than was with either of the other two girls - a lot of touching, a lot of hugging.  I think maybe Jinger is making her own dating rules.

Michelle looked so out place in this episode.  Why did she have to drag around with the couples?  She needs to be at home with her kids!  She has at least 4 or 5 under 12.

• Love 11

I won't watch the episode for a couple more hours (2 episodes of Downton Abbey, then watch this on FF in 15 minutes around 10), but I am curious about Anna. Posters on FJ said she looked pregnant, but I had to remind them that this was filmed 3 months ago, and she would be around 5-6 months gone now, and recent pics just don't support that. 

Looking at her in July, would you agree that if she gained so much weight compared to when Smuggar was in Jesus Jail that they BOTH have been stress-eating pretty much from the moment Smugs got paroled? If so, that's not a healthy relationship. Is it really worth saving? Especially with a band-aid baby? 

Frankly, if she was looking this bad back in July, I feel badly for her. 

• Love 1

Call me a sap, but I caught myself smiling during the engagement. 

The show was almost, almost normal.

I felt a little bad for Jeremy visiting his old field, his old team.

Maybe I'm tired or coming down with something.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Because while Michelle seems fond of Jessa and by extension Jinger, I have never seen any evidence that she likes Jill.  Jill is daddy's favorite not mom's.

• Love 9

Shit, this is episode 8, and Jill's homecoming is next week? 

I guess they ARE going to milk a wedding special out of this, I suppose during the holidays. 

I just wonder whether there will be a strict penalty of death imposed if pictures of the wedding are leaked on social media between the few People will dribble out and the airing of the actual special? I don't think Jessa had the same fear of death at her nuptials that Jill had, but since Jinger has been so private about everything, I could see the Jill Rules coming back. 

How many weeks was it? 3? 6? I honestly don't remember. 

• Love 1

I liked this episode because of seeing Jeremy's family.  They seem so normal and his friends were great.  Of course, my favorite, Grandma.  I love grandmas, my own were such a big part of my life.  Also good to see Jeremy's friends were diverse.  Maybe his dad should find him a church on the north east coast to get them away from the Duggar compound.  

• Love 7

I don't know that Jill really understands the concept of girlfriends. All of her, um, friendly acquaintances have been people from their cult until she left for Danger America. Unlike Jessa, she didn't have anyone on her side of the wedding party who wasn't a sister or SIL, and I only think she asked Anna so she wouldn't feel excluded. Even now, Jill only reaches out to either the "spiritually dead" (TM) Derick, or ladies from the church who happen to be in the same bible class as she. We have never seen her with a real girl friend. 

Jessa is just as awkward, but at least she's trying. 

Jinger? Oh dear. 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

Lets be honest.  Don't you think J & J make an attractive couple?  When they showed their picture at the end of the episode, I thought, "Wow, they look good together."

They do look really good together. Jeremy came off much better in this episode. He seemed a lot more normal and relaxed in comparison to how he is with the Duggar-bots.

Jeremy's grandmother gives me life. Just make this show an hour of her and Spurgeon and I'll be good.

The contrast between Mrs. Vuolo with her pants and stylish haircut, and Michelle, with her fried mullet was hilarious. Does Michelle not realize how ridiculous she looks?

It was nice to see that Jeremy has a diverse group of friends. Please, Jer, don't fall for Boob's trap when he dangles a McMansion in your face.

I'm actually feeling Derick with the long hair.

• Love 17

Oh my how I cackled with delightful laughter at actually seeing Jill break her "keeping sweet to my headship" diposition when Derelict asked her if he should keep the mustache. The silence and then the door being swung open with her looking at him like "no effing way in hell" was so natural! I almost had to do a double take to make sure that was really the "sweet" Jilly Muffin. I know the only reason she said no was because she knows the Boob would collapse from a heart attack at the airport if he saw Derelict sporting a Tom Selleck, but it was so refreshingly natural. I would have had the same reaction if my boyfriend would ask me the same question. What a change from when she first met Derelict and would not stop pouting about how much she loved his facial hair. 

Edited by fuzzylollipop
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, cereality said:

May post more later -- but Jer has friends? Who aren't all white and not all married to white women? Not shocking -- if you are from NY/NJ and don't homeschool, you will have Asian friends. But so refreshing to see on this show . . . someone talking to someone that isn't a sibling.

Ciera (their event planner) has a Mexican husband.

1. jinger is the perfect GDIL( grand daughter in law)  for any Italian Grandma. Seriously. The only person who will dote over an italian boy more than their Nona  or Mother is a Duggar girl. "Real" Italian women do not do goo goo eyes like that. ( source: am Italian woman). Also who mixes GB for meatballs with a spoon. Use your hands!!!! But she has a good attitude. PS I love Jeremys Nona! Loved her scene with Jinge lol, it seemed real. I actually enjoyed it.

2. IDGAF about this house for Jill and Dereck

3. Spurgeon is cute. Please call him Elliot, Benessa

EDIT: STALE BREAD DOESNT CHANGE MY IMPRESSION OF YOU . AWWWWWWWW. That seemed real. Maybe I have hope for these two

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I won't watch the episode for a couple more hours (2 episodes of Downton Abbey, then watch this on FF in 15 minutes around 10), but I am curious about Anna. Posters on FJ said she looked pregnant, but I had to remind them that this was filmed 3 months ago, and she would be around 5-6 months gone now, and recent pics just don't support that. 

Looking at her in July, would you agree that if she gained so much weight compared to when Smuggar was in Jesus Jail that they BOTH have been stress-eating pretty much from the moment Smugs got paroled? If so, that's not a healthy relationship. Is it really worth saving? Especially with a band-aid baby? 

Frankly, if she was looking this bad back in July, I feel badly for her. 

I was looking closely..no baby bump

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

She 100% did. Not saying she IS. But she definitely looked pregnant.

To me she didn't...no puffiness...no bump...she had on some pretty high wedges too. Her shirt was clinging to her stomach also.

Does anyone else notice how this show is actually likeable when the cast of characters is mostly non-Duggars? Similar to the way Flame brought some badly needed life to this bunch, I thought Jeremy's friends and family did the same. From his non-Italian "Italian" grandma to Luis on bended knee when Jeremy opened his hotel room door, it was like a different world from the Duggars' lack of personality and rigid demeanors. If Nancy wants to save this show, this is the track to stay on.

• Love 16