Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Strange Case

• Start Topic

On 18/10/2016 at 9:19 AM, Rumsy4 said:

"Your questions are pointless" is the motto to watch the Show by. lol

I could ask the same question every week but I am done asking it. The premise of the season makes no sense in the exact same way the premise of last season didn't make sense.

What I really wanted from this episode was a scene between Hook and Belle about him saving her life. And instead we got a Swan/Regina convo instead.

• Love 1
On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Rumsy4 said:

Agreed. And Jekyll saying Mary would've belonged to him nailed that parallel. Jekyll was the "nice" guy, and not really a nice guy, after all. Grrr...

While I am not at all disappointed in Belle for going for the shell after he said that, I am confused as to how that tipped her off to go for it.  Does anyone know?  Was it because she, too, saw the parallels in Jekyll and realized she was dealing with a nutbag?  Or was it something else?

On 10/30/2016 at 6:47 PM, Michel said:

While I am not at all disappointed in Belle for going for the shell after he said that, I am confused as to how that tipped her off to go for it.  Does anyone know?  Was it because she, too, saw the parallels in Jekyll and realized she was dealing with a nutbag?  Or was it something else?

Parallels to Rumple. Rumple is a possessive jerk who treats Belle as if she's a trinket that he owns. Incidentally he treated Milah in the same way, who--just like Mary--is now dead. Tbh, there's no reason why a woman falling in love with a different man should lead to her death unless guy #1 is a psychotically possessive jerk who would kill someone for spurning him. In fairness to Belle, because this paints a pretty poor picture of her intelligence, it's miles easier to notice red flags when you're not personally involved with the flag-spinner, so it makes sense to me that she'd understand that Jekyll was murderously dangerous without coming to the same realization about Rumple. She tends to treat him more as if he has an alcohol addiction or some other external issue. 

So I guess Rumple really did save her by being a cautionary tale. Don't repeat this too loudly or else he'll be crowing about it by the finale.

Gonna have to apologize, because I thought EdR looked fantastic in her dress, especially during the final scene where it's perhaps a teensy bit short. Also, this episode was hard for me to get into, because while I love Sam Witwer (grrr) I JUST. CAN'T. with Elizabeth Blackmore. She just keeps popping up in all of my favorite shows like some sort of Rebecca Mader wannabe, but she doesn't have an ounce of the original's charisma. I know I'm being unfair, but it just so happens that she's a large part of the episode in which most of my reason for continuing to watch the show just exited stage left. #lizblackmoreruinseverything

Snow's story was dumb, Jasmine is whatever, and the friction with David/Emma is...I don't know. Whatever again. To whoever all suggested it, I wouldn't mind seeing The Lion King in here too, although I don't know if they'd do some CGI Aslan stuff for the EF scenes or if they'd be people who just have a lot of lions around.

• Love 1

I don't know if it was this episode or just the fact that I can't seem to get through two episodes back to back without zoning out, but I found it rather boring this time around. I kind of like the twist that Jekyll is the bad one, except how many times have they done the "the hero is actually the villain!" story on this show? Plus, Hyde has done some pretty nasty things. He's certainly no angel, though I don't think a truly good man would have come up with that potion. And if all the bad stuff was put into another person, how would Jekyll still be bad? It's like how Regina didn't change at all even when her worst qualities were removed and put in another person. I don't think these writers understood the point of the Jekyll and Hyde story.

They also don't understand teaching or schools. Snow was teaching elementary school, and now she decides she wants to teach again and apparently just shows up and starts teaching high school physics. Considering that they were cursed into those roles, wouldn't there already have been a physics teacher? Or did that person skip out when they opened the door to send the Camelot people home? You'd think the position left open would have been Snow's old job making birdhouses, since she ditched it to run off to Camelot and then the Underworld. Henry should probably be a grade or two behind since he keeps missing so much school -- six weeks in Camelot, however long he was in the Underworld. He's probably been out half a semester, unless some of that came during the summer.

Baby Snowflake is really cute now that he's big enough to be more than a blanket-wrapped bundle and is looking around and interacting with people. He was utterly fascinated with Jekyll, possibly because he could see his reflection in the glasses.

• Love 2
On 10/16/2016 at 10:08 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Kind of a boring episode.  Not sad the the Jekyl/Hyde storyline is over.  Did like the reveal that Hyde wasn't the vilian everyone thought he was and that Jekyl had some darkness in him.   I also like the idea that its not so easy to get rid of the "dark" half of you.  It makes things a little more interesting for the Regina storyline that she just can't kill The Evil Queen and the Evil Queen can't kill her either.  

I am not sure what to make of Rumple and Belle.  Honestly I found them slightly interesting.  I do like it that Belle is at least for the time being not being fooled by Rumple's shenanigans.  I am glad that the show isn't trying to redeem Gold but the problem lies in the fact that if they don't Belle looks ever the fool for trusting him even a little and I have gotten annoyed by him as of late myself.  

I'm sure that someone else brings this up somewhere in this thread, but it seems that, other than it being a last recourse, if the only way a doppelganger can die is if both sides of the personality perish, it's probably much neater, with less chance of collateral damage, if the "good" side makes the sacrifice sooner than later, when there isn't an actual fight with multiple people going on.

Of course, that's not going to happen, and, frankly, it shouldn't in anything like this kind of show. I suppose that ultimately it will end with Regina's "evil queen" side finding something/someone to love, thus awakening a spark of conscience, and both sides will discover that they need each other to be complete, at which time a last dose of some potion to reunite them will roll out from behind a curtain. Or something.

• Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Of course, that's not going to happen, and, frankly, it shouldn't in anything like this kind of show. I suppose that ultimately it will end with Regina's "evil queen" side finding something/someone to love, thus awakening a spark of conscience, and both sides will discover that they need each other to be complete, at which time a last dose of some potion to reunite them will roll out from behind a curtain. Or something.

(Not really a spoiler imo, but just in case.)

This episode tried to raise the stakes and utterly failed.

Spoiler

Literally no one thought Regina was going to have to sacrifice herself.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1