Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Strange Case

• Start Topic

I like Gold's new haircut. he looks more... evil doing if that makes sense. 
Everytime Belle talks I hear Charlie Brown's teacher "Whompa, whomp, whomp." Like. shut up. you knew all of this day one, Belle. 

Jekyll being all evil murdery, was cool. 

• Love 6

No no Hook you weren't supposed to inadvertently kill Hyde! I was really enjoying Sam Witwer's performance, especially during that scene in the woods with Rumple and also <shallow> in Victorian era formal wear. Did Hyde/Mary/Jekyll remind anyone else of Hook/Milah/Rumple just a little? 

I think Snow's students are unable to retain any knowledge due to the multiple memory curses. 

• Love 9

Uhhh . . . err . . . umm . . . I love Karen David's accent!

It looks like theyre doing at least one scene straight out of the movie next week.  And I dont care if its the worth cgi ever, I want at least one apperance each by Abu and Zazu.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Last Time Lord said:

Well, that was a waste of Sam Witwer. Like Peter Pan being the villain, I think Jekyll being the the evil side could have been a lot of fun. This strikes me as network mandates causing the planned Jekyll/Hyde story getting scrapped.

I agree. that wrapped up way too quickly, and it was a waste. I really liked Evil!Jekyll. The beast isn't always what you think etc etc. 

• Love 5

You know, despite still not particularly caring for the actress or the character, I was mostly impressed with Belle this episode.  She stood up to Rumple, and made creative use of the broken shell.  Good for her.

But, no, Belle.  You don't "Always see who you really are."  You don't.  You might now, but this is a first.

It was also a nice touch that Rumple's choice of power and his use of it backfired on him.  Good.

Is the board's consensus that the Jekyll/Hyde is over, now?  We're just dealing with Regina?

• Love 6

That was a quick resolution to the Jekyll and Hyde story.  I thought this was a pretty good episode except for the Snow classroom scenes.  I found Snow’s story a bit boring, not sure where they are going to go with it.  Maybe it was a one-time thing to introduce Jasmine and Aladdin.

I loved seeing Leroy in full grumpy mode.  You tell ‘em Leroy!  Unfortunately he is no match against magic.

I found it difficult to believe Rumple would let go of his dagger allowing Hyde to keep it.  The haircut must have removed some brain cells.  But I did enjoy seeing him in full villain mode.  However, his last scene with Belle was difficult to watch.  I don’t find acrimonious divorces entertaining.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Mari said:

Is the board's consensus that the Jekyll/Hyde is over, now?  We're just dealing with Regina?

It seems they're going to be bringing in Jafar, as well. Sadly, not the same one from the In Wonderland series, but Oded Fehr is not a bad recasting at all.

• Love 7

Nothing says family programming like choking, stabbing, spousal abuse, and defenestration.

The ep had some really good isolated scenes. Loved Charming making Emma breakfast, Hook and Belle (his "oh yeah" about the rum was delightful), Snow with her bow, intro of Jasmine was good.

My thoughts about Belle: Glad she stuck up for herself. We'll see how long that lasts. Also, she forgot her pants.

Really odd how fast the Hyde story was ended. I think this season will have a throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks feeling.

Rumple needs his comeuppance soon. I wanted Belle to kick him in the nuts when he said the thing about necessity.

Regina has to die? I'm good with it.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Uhhh . . . err . . . umm . . . I love Karen David's accent!

It looks like theyre doing at least one scene straight out of the movie next week.  And I dont care if its the worth cgi ever, I want at least one apperance each by Abu and Zazu.

You mean Iago, right?

• Love 2

Hm...there's something that just seems off about the Hyde/Jekyll resolution. Did it seem way too quick for everyone else? I mean, what was the point of the season finale setting up the Land of Untold Stories and the Jekyll/Hyde thing if they were just going to resolve it by episode 4? This seems alot like the Tamara/Greg thing from season 2 getting quickly wrapped up in season 3. I wonder how much the studio and Channing in particular had to do with this, and I wonder if this is a bad thing or a good sign of what's to come. Perhaps a heavier hand from the studio may actually be a good thing considering how much better the Frozen arc was compared to some of the other arcs recently.

Ugh, Rumbelle. I give Belle credit for at least having a spine and telling him to shove off. And I loved Captain Book! It was nice to see Hook involved in a good story line that didn't involve Emma. And if this keeps up, I may actually begin to like Belle.

And seriously, you only have a chest to move into Emma's house so move it in already! Besides, I need more awkward daddy/daughter bonding now that her boyfriend is moving in to her place.

• Love 4
Just now, sharky said:

And seriously, you only have a chest to move into Emma's house so move it in already! Besides, I need more awkward daddy/daughter bonding now that her boyfriend is moving in to her place.

How about more awkward daddy/Hook bonding?  Loads of potential there...

• Love 7

Meh. I didn't care for it.

Pros:
* Go Belle. I thought for sure we were getting some sappy, "Poor Rumple actually did a nice thing in the past and he was looking out for her this whole time!" but nope! I'm happy Belle didn't back down from his threats. She seems to finally have some good sense.
* The Snow/Jasmine stuff was awesome. I want more of that.

Cons:
* The Jekyll/Hyde story was very meh. Honestly, I was hoping for a better twist. The flashbacks were not that engaging and I didn't care what happened to Jekyll or Mary.
* Flashbacks were a repeat of Frankenstein. Rumple makes deal with mad scientist - deal goes awry - mad scientist loses their loved one. 
* Why the heck is Charming still throwing shade at Hook? The guy sacrificed his life for his daughter, and all he can say is, "I hated him at first but if he makes you happy, I'm okay with him"? Did S5 just not happen?
* What was the point of having Jekyll/Hyde appear after the S5 finale? Just to give exposition here and there? They were utterly wasted.
* Shut the crap up about killing yourself, Regina. You could always reabsorb EQ and deal with your inner demons instead of, you know, endangering an entire town.
* That Swan Queen scene made me want to throw up.
* Really, really done with Rumple manipulating Belle. Like, really done.
* Love how Jasmine has to conceal her identity for (probably) no good reason other than to prolong the reveal to the audience.
* My poor Hyde Queen!!! You will be missed!!

Let's just get to the Aladdin stuff already. Rumple was right - Jekyll/Hyde was a failed experiment. 

You mean Iago, right?

I'm pretty sure Iago was in the premiere.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, sharky said:

I mean, what was the point of the season finale setting up the Land of Untold Stories and the Jekyll/Hyde thing if they were just going to resolve it by episode 4?

Because Regina. That's it. That's the answer to everything on this show. 

ETA: To be fair, it could also be because they chose to add in Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar at some point after the finale was filmed. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 5

Wow, I wasn’t expecting Hyde to die so soon. And I’m disappointed; I so wanted Hyde Queen to be a thing. What a waste of a good actor.

Not enough Zelena these past two episodes. I’m glad Aladdin is finally going to show up. Seeing Rumbelle be hostile with each other was pretty unexpected, but go Belle.

• Love 5

Robert looks 20 years younger with the haircut!  Yummmm.  You know my feelings from my screen name!  Fantastic actor...looking forward to Trainspotting 2!  The Jekyll/Hyde ending seemed abrupt to me as well.  On to Aladdin and Jasmine--NEXT!

Edited by Carlylefan
Typo
  • Love 8

Farewell, Hyde. We hardly knew ye... *Sob  

I feel cheated out of the Jekyll/Hyde story. I'm 99% sure A&E changed directions over the hiatus after the lacklusture reception of the season 5 finale. Except Hyde was not the reason it was poorly received. My Hyde Queen ship sank before it got off the harbor. So sad...

I LOVED all the Hook/Belle scenes. Especially the part when Hook dispatched off Jekyll in one fell swoop, Indiana Jones style. He really has come a full circle wrt Belle.

Regina and EQ! complimenting Rumple's haircut the same way was priceless! Regina was really boring in the episode, and the EQ barely less so. There's a big fat target on Regina now (but it's Emma who'll end up paying the price, as usual).

Rumple is a moron. Please god let Rumbelle never ever ever get back together. Belle finally seems to be seeing the man in the mirror for who he is, and it's not Michael Jackson. 

I don't like Gold's new haircut.

Snow is a terrible teacher. 

Grumpy was awesome. I wouldn't mind if they used him more in this season.

The Daddy!Charming pancake kiss moment was sweet, but David needs to let it go about Hook and Emma. 

I like Jasmine.

21 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

Did Hyde/Mary/Jekyll remind anyone else of Hook/Milah/Rumple just a little? 

Agreed. And Jekyll saying Mary would've belonged to him nailed that parallel. Jekyll was the "nice" guy, and not really a nice guy, after all. Grrr...

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 5

OK, I'm seeing some complaining about Charming's pancakes and I feel like I need to stand up for him. I'm sure he's happy that Emma has found someone who loves her and I'm sure he likes Hook as well. But as a dad, he's only known Emma for a few years -- if that -- and things really do change when your daughter marries someone. Sure, she's still your daughter, but it's just different. I feel like we've seen plenty of times that Charming is happy for them, but that doesn't mean he's adjusted to the idea just yet.

• Love 8

Surprised and disappointed that Hyde met his doom so quickly. I was really enjoying him both on his own and with EQ (though the flashback story was pretty meh). So much for Hyde Queen ...

I liked pretty much all of Belle's scenes, both with Hook and Rumpel. Honestly I wish she had acted like that with him ages ago (and I say that as someone who used to really like the pairing).

And finally, Jasmine and Aladdin! Having last seen Karen David in Galavant, I kept half expecting her to make a wisecrack or start singing.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

Nothing says family programming like choking, stabbing, spousal abuse, and defenestration.

I wish I had a .gif of the Disney logo castle from the beginning of the movies. The iconic older version, I  mean, not the current CGI one.

Disney movies had a lot of very disturbing elements to them. I mean, I've very recently discovered that Pete's Dragon (A movie I've never actually seen) has a villain song called Every Little Piece whose musical tone can best be described as whimsical, and is about Dr. Terminus singing with glee about all the money he's going to make by chopping up and selling off the body parts of a living, sentient creature.

Now, that I say that, a version of Dr. Terminus on the show could be neat.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

Also, she forgot her pants.

Yes!  Without pants or leggings it just looked like a short nightgown.  I'm so glad I'm not the only person that noticed it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Last Time Lord said:

Disney movies had a lot of very disturbing elements to them. I mean, I've very recently discovered that Pete's Dragon (A movie I've never actually seen) has a villain song called Every Little Piece whose musical tone can best be described as whimsical, and is about Dr. Terminus singing with glee about all the money he's going to make by chopping up and selling off the body parts of a living, sentient creature.

Very true. There's a reason Once hasn't mined Bambi. Yet. (Oh gawd, I've given A&E an idea now, haven't I? I'm so sorry.)

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, sharky said:

OK, I'm seeing some complaining about Charming's pancakes and I feel like I need to stand up for him. I'm sure he's happy that Emma has found someone who loves her and I'm sure he likes Hook as well. But as a dad, he's only known Emma for a few years -- if that -- and things really do change when your daughter marries someone. Sure, she's still your daughter, but it's just different. I feel like we've seen plenty of times that Charming is happy for them, but that doesn't mean he's adjusted to the idea just yet.

While I loved David making pancakes for Emma (and the nutmeg comment), I'm way over the overprotective-dad stuff. I wish the writers were creative enough to have other beats than the same old same old when it comes to the Emma/Hook/Charming dynamic. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Regina and EQ! complimenting Rumple's haircut the same way was priceless!

That was awesome. This is the kind of split EQ/Regina content I want to see because they're the same damn person. Even though I still find the EQ/Rumple thing icky. 

8 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

And Jekyll saying Mary would've belonged to him nailed that parallel. Jekyll was the "nice" guy, and not really a nice guy, after all.

Yep. You nailed it. On the one hand, I'm glad the show didn't vilify Mary for getting with the "bad boy" Hyde. OTOH, she's dead. Dead right after sex, no less. 

• Love 10

I noticed this episode was more violent. It felt like a cheap way to give it a darker edge while maintaining the simplicity of the flashbacks.

While I loved David making pancakes for Emma (and the nutmeg comment), I'm way over the overprotective-dad stuff. I wish the writers were creative enough to have other beats than the same old same old when it comes to the Emma/Hook/Charming dynamic. 

This. The Charming/Hook bromance keeps getting thrown under the bus.

Jekyll was the "nice" guy, and not really a nice guy, after all. Grrr...

And in the end, it meant nothing. Him and his other half just died. It doesn't matter who was the monster, they both ended up in the same place. What does that mean for Regina? Perhaps that she and EQ are *gasp* the same person? That "capacity of darkness" kind of makes the whole plan backfire, doesn't it?

This episode kind of put everything up in the air. Belle is just waiting for Rumple to come after her after Damien is born. Regina is stuck dealing with EQ all by her lonesome. The LoUS people have adjusted to SB life already it seems. We were left with Aladdin, Cloaked Figure, and EQ, and that's... not very exciting. The characters aren't really motivated to do anything other than react to more threats. There's nothing character driven about this arc at all. It's as if we just finished a 4-episode arc.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Farewell, Hyde. We hardly knew ye... *Sob  

I feel cheated out of the Jekyll/Hyde story. I'm 99% sure A&E changed directions over the hiatus after the lacklusture reception of the season 5 finale. Except Hyde was not the reason it was poorly received. My Hyde Queen ship sank before it got off the harbor. So sad...

[ . . . ]

Rumple is a moron. Please god let Rumbelle never ever ever get back together.

And Im 99% sure the following conversation took place last May:

Channing : and whats going on with our sunday night shows?

Network Peon 1: well on Once, theyre doing Jekyll & Hyde and the land of unto - - 

Channing: Uh no. [Network Peon 2] get Bob on the phone and see if he'll let us do Lion King.

Network Peon 3: To afford the cgi, we'll have to let Chandra Wilson and Liza Weil go.

Channing: What about Aladdin?

As to the other part of your part I quoted, PREACH!

27 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

You mean Iago, right?

Iago was in the season premeire, and thank god didnt appear in human form played by Gilbert Godfried.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

That's really it for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?  That's kind of lame.  Finding out that Jekyll killed Sara and might actually be even worse then Hyde was actually interesting.  And I was really getting a kick out of Sam Witwer's performance as Hyde.  He was so campy, but hilarious!

But, hey, Jasmine is finally here!  Hopefully she'll move past just playing second-fiddle to a Snow C-plot soon.  I can already tell I'm going to enjoy Karen David's take on the character.  Please don't screw this up, show!

Rumple finally cuts his hair, because he wants a fresh start (or Robert Carlyle was like "Enough is enough, guys.  I have had this damn evil mullet for five years!  No more!"), and shows that he still doesn't have a clue, by trapping Belle on Hook's ship to "protect her."  You know, even though she told him not to, he just does it anyway!  That's not how relationships work, Rumple!  He was lucky as hell Hook happen to come back in the nick of time, but that was a colossal screw-up on his part.  Glad Belle told him off, but I sadly suspect they'll find some way to have them end back up together again.  This show seems way too invested in this unhealthy relationship.

Charming suddenly turning into an overprotective, fawning dad was weird.  And wasting all those pancakes.  At least he is doing more then just being in the background.  Although, I guess I really don't think of him that much as a sheriff, because during the scene when he was covering up Jekyll and Hyde's corpses, I was waiting for him to dramatically state "This was clearly a murder!"

Oh, Leroy.  I'm glad you have a lot of confidence, but The Evil Queen is just a whole other level!

Speaking of which, now Regina is under the impression that the only way to kill EQ could end up being killing herself, and she makes Emma promise that she will do it, if the time calls for it.  Ha!  Oh, show!  I know you won't ever, ever kill Regina!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

On the one hand, I'm glad the show didn't vilify Mary for getting with the "bad boy" Hyde. OTOH, she's dead. Dead right after sex, no less. 

It had to happen, right?

I was also surprised by the abrupt end to the Jekyll/Hyde saga. I thought they were going to be around for at least half the season. 

Way to go, Belle! When she and Rumple were in the midst of their scene on deck, I kept seeing what he did to Milah. I was a little worried for Belle. Loved the Belle/Hook friendship! It's nice to see some different interactions...Snow and Jasmine, too!

Charming really has a way with pancakes :)  I like his Dad side, and I'm ready for the Captain Charming bromance to commence!

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 3

Not a terrible episode . I'm trying to remember is this the first time we've actually seen Hook kill someone? I wish we saw more of his reaction.I'm really enjoying the Hook and Belle friendship unlike other characters I really believe his remorse and I like that he has Belle's back. 

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 6

FWIW, I thought David was sad because he wouldn't get to see Emma as much, not because she's living with a man. Even friends sometimes get sad when a new person enters their friend's life and their time starts getting divided. It seems weird for him to express this now because Emma and Hook have been together for two seasons, but that's like three months in showtime going by the baby they're using for Neal2. It would have been better if they had him say something about missing them all living together, I think, since Emma living in her house instead of with them while not the Dark One was never really covered in dialogue on the show. Although apparently they frequently get together for pancake breakfasts when they're all in the same realm. 

But mostly I'm just happy we got a kitchen sink scene!

ETA: 

I'm trying to remember is this the first time we've actually seen Hook kill someone?

He killed Merlin and Claude onscreen. Darn it, Hook, please stop killing the eye candy (by which I mean Hyde and Merlin)! There's enough room on the show for all the pretty!

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 8

This. The Charming/Hook bromance keeps getting thrown under the bus.

Yeah, it was developing fine, then they regressed it in 4B - 5A, brought it back on track in 5B, now they're regressing it again.

Consistency in relationships are not these writers' strong suit (see also: Emma and Snow).

That "capacity of darkness" kind of makes the whole plan backfire, doesn't it?

It's literally the Emma-Lily 4B situation all over again...the darkness is removed, then it grows back inside the person anyway.

I'm trying to remember is this the first time we've actually seen Hook kill someone?

He killed one of Regina's guards, his own father, and Merlin (though Nimue was more responsible for that one).

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

FWIW, I thought David was sad because he wouldn't get to see Emma as much, not because she's living with a man.

That is how I read it as well.

While I enjoyed Sam W., I am OK with their story ending.  They needed to clear some things off of the canvas, and their are other conflicts more organic to the core cast.  

I am glad they don't seem to be trying to redeem Gold for the 90th time, and maybe - possibly - hopefully -- will not try to make it seem like Belle and Gold have a healthy relationship.

• Love 5

Kind of a boring episode.  Not sad the the Jekyl/Hyde storyline is over.  Did like the reveal that Hyde wasn't the vilian everyone thought he was and that Jekyl had some darkness in him.   I also like the idea that its not so easy to get rid of the "dark" half of you.  It makes things a little more interesting for the Regina storyline that she just can't kill The Evil Queen and the Evil Queen can't kill her either.  

I am not sure what to make of Rumple and Belle.  Honestly I found them slightly interesting.  I do like it that Belle is at least for the time being not being fooled by Rumple's shenanigans.  I am glad that the show isn't trying to redeem Gold but the problem lies in the fact that if they don't Belle looks ever the fool for trusting him even a little and I have gotten annoyed by him as of late myself.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

My thoughts about Belle: Glad she stuck up for herself. We'll see how long that lasts. Also, she forgot her pants.

Yeah, that really short, really lightweight dress wasn't the best idea for shooting outdoors on the water with wind. It looked like she was desperately trying to hold the skirt down. But on the upside, she did seem to be wearing sensible flats, for a change. I was very pleased when she wasn't at all touched by Rumple's concern. When he magically trapped her on the boat, I might have actually said out loud, "And they don't think this is an abusive relationship?" And Rumple, telling a woman that you were seeking a magical/science way to remove your feelings for her is probably not the turn-on you think it is.

52 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Why the heck is Charming still throwing shade at Hook? The guy sacrificed his life for his daughter, and all he can say is, "I hated him at first but if he makes you happy, I'm okay with him"? Did S5 just not happen?

Yeah, didn't we get the whole "you've grown on me" scene? And then David was the only one other than Emma to act at all pleased when Hook came back from the dead. But now he's back to just "if he makes you happy, I'm okay"?

Did Snow consider that she was a good teacher during the curse because she taught one lesson over and over again for years, and her students were cursed to not know they were hearing the same lesson every day? Also, wasn't she teaching 4th-5th grade and making birdhouses, and now she's teaching high school physics?

I don't know if this one was a bit boring because it was kind of boring or because I'm sick and was semi dozing off and on.

• Love 2

We got confirmation that Jekyll's Victorian England is the same as Alice's, since Dr. Lydgate was her doctor in the mental institute on Once Upon A Time in Wonderland.

Kill Regina to kill The EQ? I'm good with that.

Remember when The Dark One was all-powerful? I miss that.

Tom Sawyer!

Edited by Writing Wrongs
more to add
  • Love 5

I'm curious why when Belle stabbed Jekyll in the shoulder ,Hyde didn't bleed or even seem to  feel it. Does it only effect them when it's fatal. Like if someone slapped Regina would the Evil Queen feel it?   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Worsel said:

I found it difficult to believe Rumple would let go of his dagger allowing Hyde to keep it.  The haircut must have removed some brain cells.  But I did enjoy seeing him in full villain mode.  However, his last scene with Belle was difficult to watch.  I don’t find acrimonious divorces entertaining.

So did I. You would figure Rumple, of all people, would keep a death grip on that dagger. I almost expected Zelena to find it or Belle to grab it and banish him again.

Rumple, one of the cardinal rules of hair is not to get a drastic cut right after a break up. You are lucky it looks good.

I hope Oded Fehr isn't wasted the same way Sam Witwer was.

I'm curious why when Belle stabbed Jekyll in the shoulder ,Hyde didn't bleed or even seem to  feel it. Does it only effect them when it's fatal. Like if someone slapped Regina would the Evil Queen feel it?

ezgif.com-resize (2).gif

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 3

Jekyll and Hyde were very two-dimensional, even in the flashbacks. I thought Hyde could have been more sympathetic if we got to see his POV more. I felt bad that he lost Mary because of his creator. But, you know... shocking twist! 

I thought Rumple wanted the serum in order to split Regina, so that EQ would be willing to cast the Dark Curse. It wasn't very clever of him to want to use it on himself. That was kind of forced.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, InsertWordHere said:

OTOH, she's dead. Dead right after sex, no less. 

Good point. Sex=bad in this Show. Alao, she's yet another woman fridged for manpain.

48 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

But mostly I'm just happy we got a kitchen sink scene!

Yes!! Finally.

40 minutes ago, CCTC said:

I am glad they don't seem to be trying to redeem Gold for the 90th time, and maybe - possibly - hopefully -- will not try to make it seem like Belle and Gold have a healthy relationship.

Lol. It's funny how cautious we all are about hoping Rumbelle won't get back together. 

• Love 4

When Belle was yammering on about how Rumple could never hide his real self from her, did anyone else expect him to say "Except I did just that. For quite a while, actually." I mean, props to Belle for chewing him out, but she cannot seriously think that she has always seen through him. Can she?

Emilie's fishtail braid did look lovely, though. As did her shirt. Shame she forgot to put on pants.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

It's funny how cautious we all are about hoping Rumbelle won't get back together. 

As repetitive as this season (and their relationship) has been so far, it's pretty much inevitable that he'll do something to redeem himself for five minutes, and she'll be back with him until the next time he betrays her. Or else she'll decide Damien needs a father. I'm curious whether Hook rushing in to save her from the trap Rumple caught her in will gain him a little credit in Rumple's eyes or just make Rumple hate him that much more.

I hope Hook doesn't need to call on Ursula or Ariel anytime soon now that his shell is broken. Or does it work with any conch shell?

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm curious whether Hook rushing in to save her from the trap Rumple caught her in will gain him a little credit in Rumple's eyes or just make Rumple hate him that much more.

The latter.  Rumple is not a rational person, in case you haven't noticed.  

• Love 4

Even though I think Mary's dead was accidental, I like that the villain was a Nice Guy™

I'm glad to see Jasmine (mostly because she's played by Karen!) and Snow having something to do, even if the SL was a bit silly. I'm glad we're getting some normal life in Storybrooke. 

I liked Rumpel and Belle's scene at the end. They're way past being a good couple, but at least there was some chemistry in their fighting, it had been lacking for seasons. 

And I'm glad Hook saved the day! The relationship with Belle is cute. Even though it's a bit hyprocritical since I don't like Regina and Snow/Emma but whatever, I just like it. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Well, that was a waste of Sam Witwer. Like Peter Pan being the villain, I think Jekyll being the the evil side could have been a lot of fun. This strikes me as network mandates causing the planned Jekyll/Hyde story getting scrapped.

The writers said that they were breaking from regular formula of having one main baddie every half-season.

Oh good .... 4 seasons of every bloody thing Rumple did running through every fairytale being for the "love" and reclaiming of Baelfire and now we get Rumple running around ruining lives in various stories all for the "love" of Belle. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 4