Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Cry Wolf

Well that ended the way I expected. I like Niko, he seems like a really nice guy. But I have been going through this season wondering when he was going to go home. Hell I had his girlfriend pegged over him. In any case, not a surprise. 

What did surprise me was Rashad being picked last. His vampire/werewolf were pretty spectacular and his portfolio from this show stands well above the rest. 

Although George did pull off two awesome creatures with a broken wing. Small detail, but I found it interesting that the hand prosthetics fell short on both. 

Can't wait for the finale!

I'm good with this final three. Nico's werewolf looked dinosaurish to me, and not so much Jurassic Park as Land of the Lost. And speaking of prehistoric times, did McKenzie borrow her dress from Wilma Flintstone? Best werewolf of the night was, of course, Glenn.

• Love 5

I thought it was pretty unfair that Rashad got nothing after winning the vampire challenge (except "Surprise! There's another half to the challenge!"), while the winner of the werewolf challenge got right into the finale. If they are going to do a 2-part challenge again, they either need to let the designers know it in advance, or else figure out a way to give the winner of the first part some prize or some advantage going into the second part.  But at least I thought the right 3 made it to the finale in the end.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3

When they came back to talk to Tyler, I thought the subtext was "don't make us put Nico through."

Speaking of Nico, he's adorable and seems nice and I like his crazy hair, but he definitely overstayed his welcome, imo. Also, that looked more like a werefish to me.

Edited by 90PercentGravity
  • Love 1
When they came back to talk to Tyler, I thought the subtext was "don't make us put Nico through."

LOL! I didn't think about it that way, but you may be on to something. I found it very cute.

It was the right final 3 but werewolves are always a lame challenge. Lots of fake Wolverines in there (bone protrusions from arms!!)

Two of my favorites have made it to the finale:  Tyler and Rashad.   Although I prefer George over Nico, I surely hope George doesn't have back spasms in the middle of the finale which causes him to forfeit.  

The talent in this season's FO has been far above the other seasons, IMO, so I'm excited about the finale.

The best part of this show's episode, for me, was the camardarie between the contestants.  There was respect between them.  And I agree with the judges about eliminating Niko.  They were very generous with their praise for what looked to me like a reptile creature rather than a werewolf, though it was better than his vampire.  The other three, in my mind, deserved getting into the finale.  Each of them showed off their strengths.  I'm also looking forward to the finale because I think any of them actually could win.  I am torn between Tyler and Rashad because I think they've been the most consistently strong throughout the season, but George seems to have stepped up his game as well.  I could easily see these three working on a project together and producing something amazing. Love Mr. Westmore...he has been giving useful advice that the contestants actually listen to (good for them).

I am torn between Tyler and Rashad because I think they've been the most consistently strong throughout the season, but George seems to have stepped up his game as well.

I find each of them endearing in his own way, and certainly talented. The main thing I want is for Rashaad to get a good job in the industry. He's talented, he's extremely generous in helping his competitors, and I think he could go far with some hands-on mentoring in a more realistic time frame than what is allowed by the challenges. Tyler is so enthusiastic and can back up his imaginative designs with ability. I love seeing his creatures each week. And George ... he surprises me sometimes. He's not as consistent as the other two, but when he's good, he's excellent.

May they all go on to have brilliant careers.

I do think that this was not truly judged as a 2-part challenge. Otherwise, Rashaad would have gotten more credit with the judges for his vampire.

I don't think there was a prize involved for overall first place of this duo-challenge, so the order was basically decided on for drama purposes. So having the 'final 2' decision come down to Nico and Rashaad was meant to build up tension, even though Nico going home was pretty much a given from the Vampire challenge alone. 

I'd say all 4 werewolves were about equal all in all, maybe ordered roughly in the order the judges decided. 

The final 3 are a good set, and should make for an interesting finale. 

My first thought about Niko's piece was that it looked like a were-Chihuahua -- but then I got Stitch and couldn't get it out of my mind. Did he even consider making it somewhat Indonesian?

Maybe I should read the pep talk from Mr. Westmore and McKenzie as the show trying to steer the show towards making sure that they didn't have to have Niko in the final three, but given that the producers really don't pull those kinds of tricks, unlike every other reality show ever, and because Michael Westmore has always seemed like an incredibly nice, gracious man, I could totally see him doing that of his own volition.

I'm rooting for Tyler, but even though I like him, I don't have as much invested in a win for him as I did for Anthony and Laura.  

• Love 1

The best thing I can say for Niko's werewolf is it was better than his vampire. I was surprised Niko didn't mention what the anti-tongue spikes were supposed to be for, since I thought that was a more clever feature than growing spikes to stab vamps with.

Definitely the right final 3. Overall I have liked Tyler's concepts better, but Rashaad's fabrication skills are impressive. George doesn't do much for me, but he comes up with interesting stuff sometimes.

OMG morakot, I had exactly the same thought.  The moment I saw it, I thought "that looks like some kind of cracked-out, monster chihuahua"!!  I thought it was very interesting that we saw the creation of the other 3 designers wolves in stages, but Niko's wasn't revealed until the end.  What a good surprise that was!!!!!!  Thank god he's finally gone.

I had the feeling during this episode (I rewatched it last night before the finale) that they had already decided to eliminate Nico and just decided to be really nice to him in their praise. The praise was so over-the-top that it almost seemed condescending, at least to me. It was as if they figured, "Ah, throw the guy a bone." Anyone else get that feeling?

• Love 1