Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/10/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

So I enjoyed today's show. Huh? Color me shocked. I think I'm getting used to this line up of hosts and find my self dreading any of the others subbing back in. I don't miss Candace, I don't miss Paula and I certainly don't miss Raven. Now to be sure, everyone currently at the table has their faults, but I guess I've just got more used to them now. 

As for today, was Whoopi on something? She's not the most articulate on the best of days, but today she seemed to have an extra hard time getting her words out. Did anyone else notice that? She seemed very, very lost. 

I'm totally biased, but I really enjoyed Tim Kaine and his wife. I know people who have worked for him, and to a person they all say he is just a really, really good guy. I thought he and his wife were sweet. Interestingly enough she's is the daughter of a Republican governor from Virginia in the 60's. Her father desegregated Richmond schools. 

So Sara annoys me. A lot. But I guess she is trying. I've noticed a bit of improvement in her contribution to discussions. 

Something is definitely going on between Sunny and Whoopi. I can't put my finger on what but it is there. When Sunny interrupted her to say they were telling her in her ear she had to say those statements, the look Whoopi gave her, cold as ice. Do they all have those ear pieces? I thought it was just the moderator.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, spiritof76 said:

Something is definitely going on between Sunny and Whoopi. I can't put my finger on what but it is there. When Sunny interrupted her to say they were telling her in her ear she had to say those statements, the look Whoopi gave her, cold as ice. Do they all have those ear pieces? I thought it was just the moderator.

Whoopie is a bitch and we all knew that she was going to start attacking Sunny, she is a threat to her....Look at what she did to Paula and Rosie....I liked Paula because she had no problems, going toe to toe with her.....I always took pleasure in seeing Whoopie's head explode...I remember how she lost her mind, when Paula challenged her, about Kanye West..I remember somebody putting a picture of Whoopie's fury on here....lol.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Whoopi starts with a topic, Jediblahblah is always the first one to ramble on (isn't she?),

...and almost falls off her chair laughing at something hilarious (not!) that Whoopi said.  She starts her BIG laugh and stops immediately.  Suck up much?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Came here to say that it looks like maybe the producers or whoever's voice is in their ears, are as tired of Whoopi's soliloquies as we are. She seemed pretty annoyed and sounded a lot like Donald Trump whining at the debates that he didn't get to talk.

Watching Whoopi get PISSED was awesome.  She was SO MAD, lol! 

Was she seriously defending Trump when she was cut off? Because that is what it felt like. Suggesting that the allegations against him should be heard in court, and saying it's "dangerous" if people aren't allowed to question the timing of the stories coming out ... it started to feel like another installment of "Whoopi Goldberg Defends Famous Men" that she is so notorious for.

It kinda sucked because she knows the stories about Trump are years old and can't be taken to court and implying that is the only way to know the truth feels like a passive way of saying the public is not entitled to draw it's own conclusion and also pretty much flies in the face of the idea of believing the victim.  And it also reminds people these women didn't take their claims to court which smacks of suggesting that failing to do so means they didn't have a case.  I would like to think I am reading too much into what she said but she does love to take the side of the poor downtrodden millionaire superstar men of the world and plead their case to the public.  I would have thought she drew the line at Donald Trump, but maybe not.  They cut her off so it's not entirely clear where she was going.

I had to laugh at Whoopi reminding that it is "dangerous" when we are not allowed to question the timing of the allegations being made about Trump .... even though no one is forbidding anybody to discuss it that I can see. Every single news network has repeatedly acknowledged the idea that the allegations coming out now might be politically motivated, and Trump himself is asserting this LOUDLY. It is his primary defense.  I'm not sure why Whoopi thinks anyone is shutting down this line of discussion.  It's funny that's the point at which they cut HER off, lol

During the show they play a clip of yesterday's show where Sunny is talking about how she told her kid god put a baby in her tummy and they show Whoopi's reaction and it is hysterical.  She rolls her eyes sooooo hard ... she is always making faces but this time it is clear she just thinks Sunny needs to die, haha Oh she HATES her.  I can't imagine how pissed off she must have been over them having Sunny interrupt her. I bet there was hell to pay backstage.  I love it! 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I remember her arguing with Joy about oral sex, DM insisted it wasn't sex, Joy tried to explain to her it wasn't intercourse but it was still sex, DM wasn't having it.  

I believe this is what Debbie's generation really thought--probably taught to them by their boy-peers.   I think Monica Lewinsky was of the same mindset.  It wasn't "sex" if there wasn't vaginal penetration...and good ol' Bill went along with the explanation.

• Love 13

I didn't watch the show but did see a clip of Tim Kaine and his wife on the show. It's the first time I've seen him in an interview situation and am impressed. He is married to a strong woman and hopefully will be Vice President to a strong woman President. Good choice for VP by Hillary. Joy (can I call you Tim) did very well in the interview. Whoopi didn't say too much but when she did she seemed out of it during that segment. I noticed Joy giving her the eye and you could tell she wanted to jump in while Whoopi sputtered during one question. Another thought about that Radar article saying they don't get along is maybe Joy gets impatient with the lack of interview skills from Miss Whoopi and knows damn well she should be the one asking the questions. Today was a perfect example.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I believe this is what Debbie's generation really thought--probably taught to them by their boy-peers.   I think Monica Lewinsky was of the same mindset.  It wasn't "sex" if there wasn't vaginal penetration...and good ol' Bill went along with the explanation.

that was the prevailing thought for a long time.  Virgin = intact hymen.   A "virginity test" performed by a doctor, checked the hymen, and  was routine in some countries before a man will marry a woman. 

In my day, women who were sexually active but didn't have vaginal intercourse were called "technical virgins" 

• Love 5

When they were talking about "when is the right age to tell your kids about sex?"  I was scratching my head.  Why drag this topic up now?  Isn't this something The View discusses every few years?  And the answer is -  when your child asks you a question about sex, answer them honestly in language they can understand, giving the amount of information that is appropriate for their level of development.  It's really that simple.

• Love 13

Telling One's Kids about Sex:    I answered a question from my four-year-old...and my kids had always heard the "correct terms" for body parts.  Years later he said he couldn't hear the word "vagina," as a kid without thinking "China people," because he thought that's what I said at first.  I wonder what I really said.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

believe this is what Debbie's generation really thought--probably taught to them by their boy-peers.   I think Monica Lewinsky was of the same mindset.  It wasn't "sex" if there wasn't vaginal penetration...and good ol' Bill went along with the explanation.

It's not just Debbie's generation.  I recently read a book (who's title escapes me at the moment) and today's generation of young women think oral sex is expected for the boy but not the girl.  And that yep, it's not sex.  Scary and sad at the same time.

• Love 9
On 10/11/2016 at 10:05 AM, backformore said:

...Am I the only one who thought "Oh yeah, I've been to Bora Bora many times"  was complete bullshit?  I thought she only travels by bus?..

Complete bullshit alright.  For one thing, this is a woman who refuses to even wear sandals without socks so I seriously doubt she was hanging out in a $5000 a night resort over the water.   Pffft.  

On 10/11/2016 at 11:02 AM, backformore said:

This may be unpopular, but I disagree with Whoopi's yelling  at the audience telling the they HAVE TO VOTE.   If someone does not care about politics, has no opinion on the election, is so out of touch that they really don't know or care who runs the country, and has no desire to educate themselves, then who care if they vote or not?

I didn't appreciate tuning in to see Angry Elf screaming at the audience that they HAVE TO VOTE.   I personally agree with the message (and in fact have worked on many get out the vote campaigns) but I don't find Whoopi's method of threatening and finger pointing very helpful.  I think it's far more efficient to explain to someone WHY they should care enough to vote, i.e. "Are you on Medicare?"  "Does a woman's right to control her own reproductive system matter to you?"   "What about Climate Change?" etc.  Or the big one, "NUCLEAR WINTER!"    And of course the vast array of local/state issues that are in fact most of the ballot.  

2 hours ago, rcc said:

I didn't watch the show but did see a clip of Tim Kaine and his wife on the show. It's the first time I've seen him in an interview situation and am impressed. He is married to a strong woman and hopefully will be Vice President to a strong woman President. Good choice for VP by Hillary. Joy (can I call you Tim) did very well in the interview. Whoopi didn't say too much but when she did she seemed out of it during that segment. I noticed Joy giving her the eye and you could tell she wanted to jump in while Whoopi sputtered during one question. Another thought about that Radar article saying they don't get along is maybe Joy gets impatient with the lack of interview skills from Miss Whoopi and knows damn well she should be the one asking the questions. Today was a perfect example.

The only time Whoopi didn't stammer and stutter during the interview was when she brought it all back to herself by mentioning a movie she shot in Virginia.   She never misses a chance to remind everyone and anyone she used to be a Movie Stah. 

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I wonder what First, Second, and Third Base are in today's lingo.

Oh Former Nun, you do NOT want to know.  

On a shallow[er] note, I thought Jediblahblah's look was spectacular today.  The dress, the shoes, even the hair, but mostly the dress and the shoes.   Perfection in my opinion and a stark contrast to the person at the other end of the table in her crocks, jeans, and stupid knit hat.  

• Love 8

Do they all have those ear pieces? I thought it was just the moderator.

They all have ear pieces.  If you closely watch airhead Sara, you can tell she is listening for something.

Why do they all now have iPads along with blue cards? Are they that glued to wifi?

• Love 2
Just now, Vinyasa said:

They all have ear pieces.  If you closely watch airhead Sara, you can tell she is listening for something.

I was watching her face when Tim Kaine was talking and it looked like she was trying to understand what he was saying; more likely she was just waiting for her turn to talk but the phrase that always comes to mind when I see her do that is, "Don't hurt yourself thinking too hard Sara."  

• Love 7

Sadly there is still plenty of thought along the lines that anything that is not vaginal penetration is not full "sex".  Heck watch some of the horror that is an MTV show about sexually active teens for five minutes it seems.

I was kind of disappointed about where the talk went with the accusations because at one point it seemed they might address the issue of the accusations in terms of having a female opponent in the race.  Whether that lends strength to the accusers to come forward, whereas two men running might not?  And whether that put more pressure on Republicans to initially decry the hot mic footage?  For a woman's perspective show they really lack some real female perspectives on issues.

Whoopi definitely was going with the celebrities should never have to worry about lesser celebrities or people who failed to become celebrities at all making accusations.  Coupled with her incredibly heinous and despicable views on sexual assault and rape and it seemed to me that Whoopi was going to give him a pass on the one thing that no one was.  Mexicans are rapists.  The Right stays mum.  Slam veterans for being captured and suffering as prisoners of war. The Right stays mum.  Praise Putin, a man who has his political rivals jailed and even most likely assassinated right in public?  The Right stays mum.  Reveal how you know nothing about the implications of the British withdrawal from the European Union?  How the global economy works in terms of the Chinese investments in Southeast Asia and the extensions to Africa?  How NATO works?  How sovereignty works?  How the Constitution works?  The Right stays mum.  Reveal that your notion of locker room talk is not showing what a stud you are, how desirable you are, how women love you, but rather how you can sexually assault them because you are famous and get away with it.  The Right falls over itself trying to find a way to condemn without attaching any fault with the Republicans themselves. 

And Whoopi goes all "weelllllll..."

She is truly a horrifically bad person through and through.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh Former Nun, you do NOT want to know.  

What I would make up is probably much worse than what is...depending on what "is" is.   Or better.

Edited by Former Nun
Just another wacky thought.
  • Love 5

Jedi—when even Raven is capable of giving a smackdown to your feeble arguments, you’re pretty far down the rabbit hole. This is why I can’t stand her. She puts on this act of “It’s indefensible!” when it comes to Trump whenever they talk about his comments, but then turns around and tries to make this e-mail nonsense out to be a sign that Hillary is evil incarnate. Joy is right that people like her would be responsible for a Trump presidency, although I don’t think she’ll feel bad about it at all. No, I think a Trump presidency is what she wants. I have a feeling she waited until Friday to start this conversation because Whoopi most likely would’ve had a psychotic meltdown.

• Love 7

When Jed goes on and on about confronting Hillary about emails - she wants someone to confront her, and say "Did you write this?"  I laugh.

I at times have found posts, emails, tweets, from months or years ago, and don't recognize them. "did I write that?"

And to be fair, sometimes it's posts on this forum, from less than a week ago.  did I really write that?  I don't know, maybe.

• Love 15

I laughed when Sara asked Wendy Williams of all people about what to do after having a child and are disinterested in sex. Wendy should have told her to let him cheat because that is what she did. But, Wendy says to make him feel like a man, not just the father of your child. Too bad it didn't work with Wendy's husband Kevin. Wendy is so full of it!

• Love 10

Sara at times has no filter. I love it. Today she talked about when she was pregnant, the hormones made her horny but her husband had no interest in her.  Yikes. He might not be very happy with that revelation.

• Love 9

I think Sara's marriage is doomed.  She seems unhappy/depressed and brings up things she should be discussing with her husband but apparently can't.  Like when she brought up her problem with breastfeeding.  They seem to have major communication problems, so, instead of discussing their problems with him or a professional, she brings her issues up on the show. 

• Love 6

I re-wound, because I could have sworn I heard it - and yeah, Sara said that "later"  they were going to have interviews Clay Aiken did with Trump supporters.  As I understand it, he got a press pass to attend a Trump rally in his state a few days ago, and talked to people trying to understand why they are still supporting Trump.  

I guess they ran out of time?  Damn it.  I liked his last segment on The View. And I like his live tweets of the debate

• Love 2

I'm sorry Joy and Jedidiahowdidyougetthisgig but if support a racist and his racist policies, you are complicit in the racism and essentially what does that make you....

Jedimindtrick was allowed to go on long rants filled with falsehoods and half-truths about Clinton's emails and Joy let her because she is ignorant on the topic. I hate that she keeps bringing up well Trump is a psycho, which he is, but how about reading up on what the FBI found that isn't filled with spin, just facts to shut her down. 

Paula had to bring up that the validity of the emails are in question, after Jedidingdingdong ranted about it for like 5 minutes. I respected Jedidiarrheahofthemouth Monday and Tuesday, she was reasonable and knowledgeable but bring up Hillary and she goes full on right-wing insane, though she claims she is a libertarian. I'll type her name out correctly when she is a consistent panelist. 

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Paula had to bring up that the validity of the emails are in question, after Jedidingdingdong ranted about it for like 5 minutes. I respected Jedidiarrheahofthemouth Monday and Tuesday, she was reasonable and knowledgeable but bring up Hillary and she goes full on right-wing insane, though she claims she is a libertarian. I'll type her name out correctly when she is a consistent panelist. 

She holds back on her crazy, when the movie stah is around....I was really offended that Joy allowed her to go on a rant like that, I hate to say this, but, Whoopie was needed today, to shut that shit down.....

• Love 5

Another thing, when Paula and other so called "journalists" likes to bring up a 'enthusiam gap' with Clinton but now would like us to believe there are secret Trump voters who aren't saying they'll vote for him and get in the booth and do differently. Which one is it? 

Paula also brought up a "transparency" issue about Clinton deleting emails, to which Joy said(which was drowned out)they all do that and she is right they do, Bush and his 22 million emails and Colin Powell but it is only a issue because of years of smears about the Clintons hiding things. I believe those emails deleted by Clinton were reviewed by a lawyer before they were deleted but of course that is never said.  Again, if Joy did her homework she would come up with a better line than Trump is worse.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 11

If I never hear the word emails again it will be too soon.  Enough already.  If the Trump supporters sitting at that table don't have anything other than that to criticize Hillary Clinton about then they need to STFU.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Say what you want about Sara -  I loved her hair today.  

I agree, it looked great.  I think that's pretty much what Sara does: Looks cute.   It's her "talent." 

Breaking News From Raven:  American Culture Might Be Sexist!   Oh my gawd Raven, no one is going to excuse your ignorance because of your "age" which is over 30.   Educate yourself or shut up.   I used to cut her some slack since she was a child star and grew up in a world that revolved around her, but her using her age as a reason to be ignorant doesn't work.

3 hours ago, May Jacks said:

... Jedidiahowdidyougetthisgig...

Jedimindtrick...

... Jedidingdingdong ...    ...Jedidiarrheahofthemouth ...

I'll type her name out correctly when she is a consistent panelist. 

This wins the Internet today!!

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, susieq147 said:

If I never hear the word emails again it will be too soon.  Enough already.  If the Trump supporters sitting at that table don't have anything other than that to criticize Hillary Clinton about then they need to STFU.

That's literally all Jed has at this point. All of the rest of the alt right talking points have been debunked. The emails are just crumbs now.

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 11

I agree, it looked great.  I think that's pretty much what Sara does: Looks cute.   It's her "talent." 

Airhead Sara is such a flake. During the email discussion, she is on the edge of seat and says "Raven has question". She is like a little kid in class that can't get a word in.

She can wave and follow the blue cards, but she is always trying to catch up to what they are talking about.

She sits with  her left elbow on the back of the chair, like she is just sitting back listening and not part of the conversation.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh my gawd Raven, no one is going to excuse your ignorance because of your "age" which is over 30.   Educate yourself or shut up.  

Why does Raven think her age is an excuse for anything?  She is thirty, not thirteen for cryin' out loud.  There are doctors and lawyers practicing their professions at her age. She seems to think she is still that cute, precocious five-year-old on the Cosby show or something. It just grates.

I can remember being her age - actually a couple of years younger - and being so annoyed when I felt like older people weren't taking me seriously at work. Why she would want to be viewed as a child and hide behind her youth is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

That's literally all Jed has at this point. All of the rest of the alt right talking points have been debunked. The emails are just crumbs now.

LOL eleven thousand little crumbs and all Jedi could squeeze out of it was something so minuscule she was forced to try and conflate it into meaningfulness by suggesting that, well ... if Hillary said this, maybe she said something even bigger and worse and blah blah blah.  But all she accomplished was showing that what she was quoting HRC as saying was in and of itself rather insignificant.  

When she can actually come up with that bigger, worse thing Hillary Clinton said in an email and can verify its authenticity, she might have something.  Until then, I expect she will just keep repeating herself and grasping at straws because that's all she's got. 

• Love 9

Okay everyone, (probably going to get flagged for talking politics) BUTTTT while the Bengazi thing was overblown. This email thing is just biazarre and kinda ridiculous that HRC would do something so stupid and then have a very poor defense of it. She was getting factchecked after every interview she did and not in her favor. I am voting for Hillary but she is asking a lot of her surrogates to have to defend this and I am very dissappointed in her. The email thing is something and the table needs someone to keep Whoopi and Joy grounded about Hillary, just like everything needs an occasional rebuttle or balance. I hate Donald he sucks and bleh but HRC needs her feet held to the fire a little too. Plus no one other than Candace on the panel is voting for Trump. I don't see the point of Jedediah speaking out against Trump so much and being honest and then going to a booth and voting for him. She has a platform and if she really liked Donald, she would defend him. She didnt even defend him on Fox aka TrumpTV

• Love 4
8 hours ago, May Jacks said:

I'm sorry Joy and Jedidiahowdidyougetthisgig but if support a racist and his racist policies, you are complicit in the racism and essentially what does that make you....

Jedimindtrick was allowed to go on long rants filled with falsehoods and half-truths about Clinton's emails and Joy let her because she is ignorant on the topic. I hate that she keeps bringing up well Trump is a psycho, which he is, but how about reading up on what the FBI found that isn't filled with spin, just facts to shut her down. 

A real Libertarian would be appalled at the waste of money by the Government in the redundant and largely unnecessary investigations into the email issue (let alone Benghazi!).  Plus a true Libertarian would be happy an exiting government official cleaned up after herself on exiting free of charge.

But JediBlahBlah is not a Libertarian.  It is a Joe Scarborough attempt to bleat extreme conservative memes all they want, rake in a paycheck well beyond any skill, talent or factual insight that their job actually requires and then fall back on the whole :Libertarian" position when, as usual, the stance they were just supporting turns out to be racist, misogynistic, homophobic and way more often than not, wrong.

I just wish when the BlahBlah starts screeching how "I'm a Libertarian" someone would turn around look her in the eye and say "oh so you advocate the cessation of people having driver's licenses, a standing paid by taxes military and public bridges, roads and pretty much every bit of infrastructure this nation relies on?  You advocate private businesses able to determine to discriminate against hires based on gender, race and sexual identity?  You advocate a cessation of more than two thirds of the actual Constitution since it empowers the federal govt to protect its citizens and their rights in certain ways that most true Libertarians thinks is an overreach and accordance of authority beyond what they think in their moments of delusion or their own Long Island Medium moments with the founding fathers.

True Libertarians are a dead of dying breed.  But the current ones and their policies of picking and choosing what is good government for all and what is bad government for themselves is appalling and immature.  I'd also love for someone to ask the BlahBlah when is the last Libertarian conference or rally she attended.  And which the presented platforms she supported that saw Johnson get the ticket nomination but only with a huge split in the party?  She is a phony who is having it both ways.  She can spout her vicious, racist and divisive talking points but then immediately scamper back to her little safe spot of being a Libertarian when the shit goes down on what prompted those talking points in the first place.   She is the coward in pre-school that hits you when your back it turned because you won't play her way and is half back to the safety of the teacher at the desk before you can even turn around.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

Okay everyone, (probably going to get flagged for talking politics) BUTTTT while the Bengazi thing was overblown. This email thing is just biazarre and kinda ridiculous that HRC would do something so stupid and then have a very poor defense of it. She was getting factchecked after every interview she did and not in her favor. I am voting for Hillary but she is asking a lot of her surrogates to have to defend this and I am very dissappointed in her. The email thing is something and the table needs someone to keep Whoopi and Joy grounded about Hillary, just like everything needs an occasional rebuttle or balance. I hate Donald he sucks and bleh but HRC needs her feet held to the fire a little too. Plus no one other than Candace on the panel is voting for Trump. I don't see the point of Jedediah speaking out against Trump so much and being honest and then going to a booth and voting for him. She has a platform and if she really liked Donald, she would defend him. She didnt even defend him on Fox aka TrumpTV

Holy Shit!  CCB is voting for pussy grabbing Trump?  Yikes.

1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

A real Libertarian would be appalled at the waste of money by the Government in the redundant and largely unnecessary investigations into the email issue (let alone Benghazi!).  Plus a true Libertarian would be happy an exiting government official cleaned up after herself on exiting free of charge.

But JediBlahBlah is not a Libertarian.  It is a Joe Scarborough attempt to bleat extreme conservative memes all they want, rake in a paycheck well beyond any skill, talent or factual insight that their job actually requires and then fall back on the whole :Libertarian" position when, as usual, the stance they were just supporting turns out to be racist, misogynistic, homophobic and way more often than not, wrong.

I just wish when the BlahBlah starts screeching how "I'm a Libertarian" someone would turn around look her in the eye and say "oh so you advocate the cessation of people having driver's licenses, a standing paid by taxes military and public bridges, roads and pretty much every bit of infrastructure this nation relies on?  You advocate private businesses able to determine to discriminate against hires based on gender, race and sexual identity?  You advocate a cessation of more than two thirds of the actual Constitution since it empowers the federal govt to protect its citizens and their rights in certain ways that most true Libertarians thinks is an overreach and accordance of authority beyond what they think in their moments of delusion or their own Long Island Medium moments with the founding fathers.

True Libertarians are a dead of dying breed.  But the current ones and their policies of picking and choosing what is good government for all and what is bad government for themselves is appalling and immature.  I'd also love for someone to ask the BlahBlah when is the last Libertarian conference or rally she attended.  And which the presented platforms she supported that saw Johnson get the ticket nomination but only with a huge split in the party?  She is a phony who is having it both ways.  She can spout her vicious, racist and divisive talking points but then immediately scamper back to her little safe spot of being a Libertarian when the shit goes down on what prompted those talking points in the first place.   She is the coward in pre-school that hits you when your back it turned because you won't play her way and is half back to the safety of the teacher at the desk before you can even turn around.

So, I am a Canadian, and I have the understanding that in the US a Libertarian is against big government but is not against social programs etc.  I remember when Bill Maher said he was a Libertarian all those years ago, I think it was during the Clinton era.  Turns out he was Democrat after all.  Plus, I think that Libertarians don't want anyone telling them what to do or not do.  

I don't know if any of that is correct, but I just don't get Jediblahblah as a Libertarian.  She keeps saying it loud and proud, but she has never defined what it is.  And her rabid attacks against Hillary Clinton don't really make a lot of sense.  Today it even was asked of her, what do you want.  And she could not answer, she just wants to rail about Hillary's emails.

American politics is very different from Canadian politics.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Brava!!!  Wow - wildly applauding over here!!!  Joy needs to read and memorize  this 

FLOVE every single word !!!  

• Love 2

I really don't care if everyone comes around on Jedi in the end, she is the worst one at the table and in the bottom three worst co-hosts of this series along with Whoopi and Raven. Paula at least owns her bullshit. Jedi is two-faced on every subject, and has only ever been genuine when she's caterwauling lies about Hillary. Even Sara occasionally gives nuggets of her real life. Jedi is just an automaton. If she were a Libertarian in any sense of the word, Trump would disgust her entirely and she would not entertain any notion of him possibly being president to shit on women/minorities. F*** Jedi. Can't stand her, and I'll be bitching about her until her ass is out the door.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

Sorry, I don't agree with one word of this, including the off-topic politics. Hillary's e-mail scandal is a nontroversy that isn't anything different than what was done by her predecessor; The View is not and has never been about a quota of conservatives versus liberals, but a group of women from different backgrounds; Candace isn't the only one voting for Trump--Jedi definitely will because that Gary Johnson script she gives is a load and Paula'll most likely vote for him, too; the advantage of Jedi's lying is an attempt to influence viewers (and voters) with her spin under the guise of being a supposed objective, undecided voter when she is anything BUT.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

As a fellow Canadian, I couldn't agree more. 

You have the BEST Prime Minister in Justin Trudeau.  I loved that when a reporter asked him why he had some many women in his Cabinet, he looked at the reporter and said "because it is 2016 ".  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

hate that we can never get a break from Jedi. At least Whoopi is off for a day, Raven is never there, and Candace appears one week every four months--but Jedi is much worse than any of them.

CCB is either there endlessly or never. Hopefully, she has a number of shows in her contract and most of them have been used up.

Jediblahblah, who is a "contributor" and not a perm co-host is glued to that chair. I would like some days with her and a day with out airhead Sara would also be nice!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bannana said:

So, I am a Canadian, and I have the understanding that in the US a Libertarian is against big government but is not against social programs etc.

No, the libertarians are against social programs too.  Look here for further discussion of that;

Edited by atomationage
link added
  • Love 1

Forget Whoopi.  Sunny needed to be on yesterday to shut that Jediblahblahlyingliarwholies DOWN. Amazing how fast the show went by when I fastforwarded everytime she opened her mouth to speak.

And Paula can shut up as well, with her "higher standard" and that all the emails "couldn't have been" about "yoga and a wedding." How the fuck would she know?

And I can't take Paula seriously anymore, after her having to actually report on the "scary clown sightings" as if that is a real...threat or danger. She looked ridiculous. Her reporting on it so...earnestly made it to The Daily Show.

I couldn't watch the entire show. I am just over it all.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

I don't think that political discussions will be flagged if they are in context with what the hosts are talking about. That's the show pretty much these days. Politics being discussed by mostly politically inept hosts.

• Love 4

On facebook today, I've noticed that a trending topic - hot topic? - is a feud that is supposedly going on between Whoopi and Joy. I clicked on it and a number of online publications are writing about essentially the same talking points. Don't know if there's any big truth to the matter or if it is trending because people like me click on it to see what's going on.

• Love 2

look I miss Nicolle, I think she would've done much better with Joy as moderator than Whoopi but I would take Jedediah and Paula over Candace or Elizabeth.  I just hope Raven goes and they bring in a young (25ish) reporter from msnbc, daily beast etc. 

• Love 3