Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/10/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm tired of Whoopi mocking celebrity break-ups.  And then she goes right from there to making disparaging remarks about monogamy and committed relationships.   Yeah, we get it, Whoops - you don't want to be married.  Who cares?

Sunny was reading the piece about money and happiness, and there was a part about "valuing time with family OVER money".  Whoopi totally didn't get it - it meant placing a higher value on time with family, rather than a higher value on money.  WHoopi was thinking it meant something like spending time with family talking about money.  She kept asking, but it went over her head.

And the "only rich people can afford nervous breakdowns"  doesn't mean that poor people don't have mental illness.  It means that only rich people can check into a facility for "stress and exhaustion" and stay a few weeks. 

Am I the only one who thought "Oh yeah, I've been to Bora Bora many times"  was complete bullshit?  I thought she only travels by bus?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DollEyes said:

As for Joy's calling the Clinton accuser's "tramps," while I agree that that was a poor choice of words, I also believe that anyone who accuses any President- past, present or future-of rape had better have much more than innuendo to prove it. What's more, they shouldn't be publicly endorsing someone who not only brags about sexually assaulting women, he jokes about it. These women have a right to be heard, but that doesn't mean I have to believe them. 

I agree. They've lost what little credibility they have by endorsing someone under fire for misogyny.

• Love 5

Ai yi yi!!!!! What a clusterfuck of a show.

I think Whoopi got overly defensive in that fight that she started with Sunny because she (Whoopi) doesn't have a problem with the N-word. She also wasn't surprised that the Orange Warthog has used it. Sunny was saying why the use of that word is wrong--because of the ugly history behind it--and she's perfectly fine in stating that. And if Whoopi doesn't agree, well, that's her right too, and that's what makes our Country so great. And if Whoopi felt that Sunny was attacking her, maybe, just maybe, deep inside, Whoopi might feel guilty that she doesn't mind using the word? I don't know? I'm not in Whoopi's head or heart--just going by her tone and body language and over defensiveness.

And Billy fucking Bush has NO FUCKING EXCUSE for his behavior. Because not only was he egging the Orangutan on, but other shows, like Sam Bee's and even The Daily Show, aired the whole video, where Bush was trash talking Arianne Zucker, as she was walking up to the truck; saying she was "hot as shit" and wouldn't the Orangutan like a piece of her, or something like that. Hard to make out all of it with all the bleeping in that conversation; Plus Bush cheering the Orangutan for his behavior. And then after said shit talking, telling her to hug them both, AFTER they'd been talking the way they had about her, and putting her between the two of them as they walked down the hall.

And as for those women who were "exploited" by the Orangutan? Not buying it. I have NO DOUBT they knew why they were being "trotted" out, and three of them wanted to get theirs in, after not being able to when Clinton was President. Plus, everyone who was watching the news back then, knew about all of Clinton's affairs before he was voted in. Gennifer Flowers anyone? And since all that came out when he was impeached, Lewinsky, Jones, Willey (sp?), Flowers, etc, I never heard or read about anyone saying that he had raped them. So I'm not inclined to believe her now, because she could have done so back then. Call me a hypocrite, I don't care. Willey garnered an interview on 60 Minutes that blew up in her face, because she couldn't keep her facts straight.

I'm so glad I didn't watch that debate.

That Sara is giving credence to these women...I just don't have the words. What she said or didn't say in her word salad, was that she believes Bill Clinton raped and groped. And not to get too off topic, but there was an actress, name is escaping me, but she was on Highlander and then her own show Raven, and remained in Europe so she wouldn't have to testify, because she was also married when she and Clinton had an affair. After it was all over, she gave an interview disclosing this. So while I believe that President Clinton was a serial cheater, I don't believe he's a rapist. 

And Sara is stupid. She didn't know just "what" about that gross "interview" bothered her? Not the words, oh no, no, no. Not what he was saying he could and did do, nope. But it was the "power" in it. Say What the FUCK?

And shutup, Whoopi. What the Orangutan revealed could be used as a confession, because no expectation of privacy and if they could find the other women he did this to, he very well could be in jail. Shut up, because Sunny is a fucking FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTOR who knows what the fuck she's talking about.  I bet if Dan Abrams had said the same thing, Whoopi would have deferred to him, with a "really? I didn't know that" and then turn to the audience and pontificate and explain to the viewers us, what Abrams just said, as if we're the morons she is.

Still watching today's show, so will return with my thoughts. Maybe.

• Love 20

What in the BLUEDILLY FUCK???? WHY is Whoopi talking about HOW Supreme Court Justices are supposed to rule, when there is SUNNY, who is a lawyer, and a former federal prosecutor, to boot, sitting right there? Again, I have to ask: is it written in her contract???!!! This is fucking ridiculous. Whoopi, the law professor on Constitutional Law, lecturing to the other ignorants, and they all nodding their heads in agreement. It's disgusting.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17

This may be unpopular, but I disagree with Whoopi's yelling  at the audience telling the they HAVE TO VOTE.   If someone does not care about politics, has no opinion on the election, is so out of touch that they really don't know or care who runs the country, and has no desire to educate themselves, then who care if they vote or not? 

Yes, people have fought for the right to vote, but they also have the right NOT to.  I, personally think it's a poor choice.  But I do hear people saying they don't read or listen to anything about the election, they'd rather do something else.    I'd rather people who choose to remain ignorant about the election, stay home from the polls.  (See BREXIT for what happens if they don't)

• Love 18
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That Sara is giving credence to these women...I just don't have the words. What she said or didn't say in her word salad, was that she believes Bill Clinton raped and groped. And not to get too off topic, but there was an actress, name is escaping me, but she was on Highlander and then her own show Raven, and remained in Europe so she wouldn't have to testify, because she was also married when she and Clinton had an affair. After it was all over, she gave an interview disclosing this. So while I believe that President Clinton was a serial cheater, I don't believe he's a rapist. 

And Sara is stupid. She didn't know just "what" about that gross "interview" bothered her? Not the words, oh no, no, no. Not what he was saying he could and did do, nope. But it was the "power" in it. Say What the FUCK?

Sara is stupid, but I have to defend her on the Bill Clinton topic. She was trying to say--in regards to how there are people who criticize Hillary as not being a good choice for women either because she's married to an accused rapist like Bill (although people with that argument seem to forget they are just accusations...)--that clearly Hillary would not be married to Bill if she actually believed those women's stories. She garbles her words so much in an attempt to talk but not really say anything. You can tell it still bothers Joy. During that topic, Joy was looking at her again with that face: "Spit it out, woman!"

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sara is stupid, but I have to defend her on the Bill Clinton topic. She was trying to say--in regards to how there are people who criticize Hillary as not being a good choice for women either because she's married to an accused rapist like Bill (although people with that argument seem to forget they are just accusations...)--that clearly Hillary would not be married to Bill if she actually believed those women's stories. She garbles her words so much in an attempt to talk but not really say anything. You can tell it still bothers Joy. During that topic, Joy was looking at her again with that face: "Spit it out, woman!"

She is inoffensive, but, her reluctance to speak her mind drives me up the wall..I am really tired of Whoopie's dominance of the show..Once Barbara left, they unleashed the monster that was in the Movie stah..

Meredith looked so right, sitting in the moderator chair, as she ended the show, with it's tag line..Don't tease me show! They should have had her as a guest host, in Sara's place..I dare Whoopie to try and bully her with her tactics....Meredith is not an EGOT, but, Whoopie cannot match wits with her, it would be hilarious to see her try..She already thinks that she is more knowledgeable, about the law, than Sunny and she is an attorney.  Wonders never cease..

• Love 17

I am really hoping today was a preview of next season, and Meredith and Joy can lead the show next season. Meredith is so calm, educated, lets others speak and understands she is not all knowing, love her so much. Plus shouldn't a moderator be a journalist or anchor? Paula, Meredith, Joy, Lisa, Sunny, Barbara, and heck even Sara would all be better, more fair moderators than Whoopi. 

and even Sara knew more about SCOTUS than Whoopi LOL. Sara knew (not well though) that conservative justices believe the constitution is unchangeable no ifs ends or butts while liberals tend to think its a living document, and Jedediah and sunny backed her up. THIS ISNT DIFFICULT TO KNOW WHOOPSTER

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Bmarsh said:

I am really hoping today was a preview of next season, and Meredith and Joy can lead the show next season. Meredith is so calm, educated, lets others speak and understands she is not all knowing, love her so much. Plus shouldn't a moderator be a journalist or anchor? Paula, Meredith, Joy, Lisa, Sunny, Barbara, and heck even Sara would all be better, more fair moderators than Whoopi. 

and even Sara knew more about SCOTUS than Whoopi LOL. Sara knew (not well though) that conservative justices believe the constitution is unchangeable no ifs ends or butts while liberals tend to think its a living document, and Jedediah and sunny backed her up. THIS ISNT DIFFICULT TO KNOW WHOOPSTER

Did you notice that she got even more irate and louder, when the others did not bow down, to her wisdom about the constitution..Get over yourself Whoopie! How can the people in charge, not see what we see....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you notice that she got even more irate and louder, when the others did not bow down, to her wisdom about the constitution..Get over yourself Whoopie! How can the people in charge, not see what we see....

Yes, I think its finally getting to her that she is not the smartest one on the show after being able to deal with the idiotic Sherri, and Jenny McCarthy. 

Joy is a very intelligent women who definitely keeps up with her news and info. Sunny is Notre Dame educated lawyer who was a friggin federal prosecutor, and Jedediah (even though you don't agree politically) is an ivy league educated woman who studies up. While Whoopi is not only the least educated but the only one who doesn't appear to give a damn about researching up on the topics beforehand. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Syd said:

There is an awesome #fireJoyBehar hashtag on Twitter right now over her despicable remark. 

Why should Joy get fired, when Whoopie spent months defending a serial rapist, Bill Cosby and demonizing his victims..Her interview of Beverly Johnson was very telling.. It was a mistake on Joy's part and she apologized...

• Love 21

Airhead Sara can't put a complete sentence together.  She is glued to what she sees on twitter and can't form a single thought of her own.

She is second in line to Bitsy for talking in word salad. I don't know how much longer Joy is going to tolerate her. 

• Love 5

I didn't think Joy was saying the women were tramps -

She said "what was Hillary supposed to do, say "I want to apologize to the tramps that have slept with my husband?" 

It was a JOKE,   and made in the context of Whoopi saying that the women at the table would have "gone off"  on any women that slept with THEIR man, then Sunny saying Hillary should have addressed it once it was made public that the allegations were true.   Joy's comment was about Hillary being angry at the women who had affairs with Bill, and the ludicrous assertion that she should have somehow made a public apology for not believing them in the first place. 
Joy was saying that Hillary was MAD, and portraying how she (Joy)  thought Hillary would have worded such an apology.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, Syd said:

There is an awesome #fireJoyBehar hashtag on Twitter right now over her despicable remark. 

Looks to me like nothing but a bunch of Trump supporters trying to pretend they actually give a damn about those women just so they can have something to whine about.  It's just a way to attack the left in general and one of Trump's most vocal critics in particular, while distracting people from the vile comments made by their hero on that tape. 

But it's #notgonnawork.  Sorry. 

I wonder, were they equally outraged when the Access Hollywood tape came out?  Did any of the people complaining about Joy create a hashtag to #dumpTrump because of Donald's despicable remarks?   Somehow I doubt it.

• Love 20

I do get that Joy was making a joke, and even the context of it, but there was a lot of crosstalk there, so people just see the "tramps" part and conclude that is what she was saying, that she was calling women who say they have been assaulted tramps.  I cringed when I first saw it cause I just knew Trumpophiles would jump on it.  She could have made the same point without saying tramps.

I liked that she apologized because it was a real apology, and I thought she might be trying to demonstrate that real apology can be made when someone says something that others found offensive.  I thought Joy was very good today.

Re Trump and Bushy, I don't think I have seen their apologies to Nancy O'Dell or Ari Zucker.  Have they made that point on the View yet?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Syd said:

So, only liberal opinions are welcome here?

HUH?????  where do you get that?

Did anyone say your opinion was unwelcome? 

Don't confuse disagreement with shutting you down. Nobody is telling you not to post your opinion.  Nobody is censoring you.   The topic is the show, we are discussing what was said on the show. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13

I thought Joy's remark was poorly worded but it reminds me of the brouhaha over her nurse comment after the Miss America contest last year.  A clip or transcript gets posted without the proper context and next you know the Internet blows up with people being outraged without having heard the whole remark or context. Just as Joy never questioned why a nurse needs a stethoscope, she wasn't herself calling the women tramps. (Even if she probably feels that way.)

• Love 7
On October 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM, bannana said:

Yes, Joy was out of line.  Whether those women were victims or not, they shouldn't have been shamed by women who were discussing Trump's disgusting words about another woman.  I felt embarrassed for Joy.  The point they were making was Trump bringing those women to the debate was victimizing Hillary.  It's actually kind of complex, they shouldn't have waded into that one.

15 minutes ago, Syd said:

So, only liberal opinions are welcome here?

Quoting myself because I believe we are discussing both perspectives on this topic here and I am most definitely a liberal, but also did not agree with Joy's "joke".  I thought it was cringeworthy.  I did like her apology.  

• Love 3

Hello Viewers! A Politics forum has been added. Henceforth any non-show political tangents you may have can be moved there. The standard forum rules still apply. Please be civil in there and disagree politely with your fellow posters. This forum will still remain as a place where you can talk about "The View". Thank you!

• Love 8

Meredith is View royalty and if the producers are smart they'd try and get her back next season to soften the blow when Queen Whoopi leaves. Doubt she does want to come back.

Can they stop wasting time on the creme scheme? 

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, backformore said:

This may be unpopular, but I disagree with Whoopi's yelling  at the audience telling the they HAVE TO VOTE.   If someone does not care about politics, has no opinion on the election, is so out of touch that they really don't know or care who runs the country, and has no desire to educate themselves, then who care if they vote or not? 

Yes, people have fought for the right to vote, but they also have the right NOT to.  I, personally think it's a poor choice.  But I do hear people saying they don't read or listen to anything about the election, they'd rather do something else.    I'd rather people who choose to remain ignorant about the election, stay home from the polls.  (See BREXIT for what happens if they don't)

I agree so much on this.  I wish they would touch on the fact that some nations had such poor voter turnout that they changed the way they voted and they changed the requirements for a "win".  Something that would destroy the minds of this panel other than Sunny I suspect.  And also there are some that simply hate everything and everyone that is up for vote and think none of the above is the only way to go or for such a system of having to redo a vote if the turnout is too low.  I want people to vote and vote in an informed manner.  If someone wants to vote for the Inverted Orange Scrotum after actually looking at his so-called plans and his understanding of the Law, Constitution and how the world works in general, so be it.

But I also got annoyed at her pious bellowing and would have if it had been Joy instead because I do think that the segment of the population that simply is so appalled by the system and feels it is broken and voting only encourages the blindness that keeps us from taking a true and deep look at the flaws and fixing them; that their vote itself is part of the fraud since there is no actual vote on the ballot election after election that tries to fix the problem?  I might not agree with that but I do respect it.  And if it simple laziness?  Yeah I don't won't that person just flipping random switches come November either.  There is something to be said about an informed and engaged electorate directing what say there is via the polls.

I mean if I had my way, even as I wouldn't care if Paula and Jediblahblah vote Inverted Orange Scrotum, I'd much rather Raven stay home and forget what day it is come November being as she is almost breaking through level 2000 on Candy Crush and Hair and Make Up Bure spends the day in front of a mirror trying a new lip gloss and seeing how big she can blow her hair out.  Its' not the who they are voting for, it is the inane and completely uninformed why of it that bothers me.  And maybe it shouldn't.  But it does.

But a blind exhortation that holds little insight, no nuance, no exploration of the intricacies or complexity of the opposite stances of such exhortation?  By Bellowing Whoopi?  No surprise there.

I thought part of the dust up with Sunny over the n-word was that Sunny was saying that it was a diminishing for those POC who say the word is okay as if a single opinion somehow makes it a subjective matter for the whole not just the individual.  To me it seemed Sunny was saying that when people say the word is okay, it is like that one person's opinion wipes out the history of the word for so many.  Not that one person's opinion is more valid than another but in this case when it is an attack on a segment of humanity, a person of that segment kind of invalidates Sunny's own opinion.  I think that is where they started and Whoopi typically tried to make it an attack on her.  Ironic considering she has no problem attacking everyone else, Sunny particularly of late, for daring to hold to their own opinions even when Whoopi fucking agrees with that opinion.  She just decides as soon as someone else states it first suddenly she has issues with that person holding that opinion. 

I hope her leaving in a year means she is and not that the show itself is ending (Joy's contract I think has a guaranteed slot if the show goes that five years, not that they have to pay her five years no matter what -- though she probably has a nicer severance pay should the show shut down after this season than some of the other women or even Whoopi when it comes to that).

Sara is a joke.  Is she so afraid of having an opinion on most things because she thinks it lessens her career choices in the future?  To the point that she avoids picking up even the most basic facts like dog shit on the bottom of your shoe when people don't curb?  Or is she trying to squeeze every last drop of young inexperienced naif out of her career.  Seeing Raven pretend to still be the socially and intellectually equivalent of a fifteen year old despite being twice that in age.   Raven keeps that up and someone is going to turn her on her side, cut her down the middle and count the rings like she is fucking tree, she keeps playing that I'm young and hip and only know what a less than ten year old  wide spread social medium tells me. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Sara is a joke.  Is she so afraid of having an opinion on most things because she thinks it lessens her career choices in the future?  To the point that she avoids picking up even the most basic facts like dog shit on the bottom of your shoe when people don't curb?  Or is she trying to squeeze every last drop of young inexperienced naif out of her career. 

Ha! If you watch her closely, she is very glued to the blue cards or an iPad and her earpiece.  She follows something to know when it is her to turn to talk but she has no idea what to say!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

Hasn't there always been at least one objectionable panelist?  I remember the good old days with Meredith, but I remember them with that really dumb Debbie Whosapopolis, and then after she got the boot Star devolved into a bridezilla, and then there was Elisabeth who was beyond belief...there was always someone to complain about.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Hasn't there always been at least one objectionable panelist?  I remember the good old days with Meredith, but I remember them with that really dumb Debbie Whosapopolis, and then after she got the boot Star devolved into a bridezilla, and then there was Elisabeth who was beyond belief...there was always someone to complain about.

Yeah, those were the good old days when there was only one person to hate.   Now there is only one person to like.  Joy.  And even she can't get me to tune into this shit show anymore. 

• Love 7

Heeeeeeere we go again! The economy and jobs were better before President Obama took over, and it was the Republicans according to Jediblahblah who wanted change, and it's Paul Dickless Ryan who is the anti-establishment candidate and...zzzzzzzzz

Um, I'm sorry, what else was said?

Oh yes. To Fire BillyDoucheBush or not to Fire BillyDoucheBush...because he's been this way all the time, so shit talking, and egging on talk of sexually assaulting women is the same as being creepy to Jennifer Lopez and was that Cheryl Tiegs? Allrightythen.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Yeah, those were the good old days when there was only one person to hate.   Now there is only one person to like.  Joy.  And even she can't get me to tune into this shit show anymore. 

Ain't that the truth. I do like Sunny to a degree, but I wouldn’t call myself a fan outright. Sara at least is inoffensive even if she adds nothing. If we could get Whoopi out the door and Paula back in the conservative seat, I’d say the show is finally more good than bad again. It would be nice to have Meredith back, but Joy does a good job as moderator.

I'm glad that today Sunny kind of ignored Whoopi when she was about to start one of her tirades and spoke more to Joy. Don't look at Whoopi and give her the chance to jump in--she does that enough without any prompting. Nancy Grace wasn't too bad. That's actually the first place I saw Sunny, which is one of the reasons I didn't want her on this show for a long time. Even Joy looked bored by the topics they had today.

• Love 6

The way that Whoopie went after Sunny was uncalled and it shows that she is a very insecure woman and lashes out, at any perceived threat...Sunny really puts her on the defensive, with her grace, professionalism, intelligence and poise...I cannot stand Whoopie Goldberg, she has to make everything about her, just like Donald Trump..My only beef with Sunny, is that she backed down, to temper Whoopie's rage...She became completely apologetic, for offending Whoopie's sensibilities....Sunny did  nothing wrong, but, express a point of view, that differed from the movie Stah...Whoopie is a vile bitch...

Just saw the episode online and she truly came off a little unhinged. I especially didn't understand how she got Sunny's undermining her feelings from what Sunny was saying. That said, that's one of the biggest issues I have with the show. Even when they're agreeing with each other, there seems to be a lot of yelling, to where it seems like they're actually angry with each other. Sara and Joy seem to be only ones capable of making their points at a normal volume. 

For that reason I also disliked today's conversation regarding Bill Clinton's accusers.  As Whoopi likes to say, we don't know, we weren't there.  The women deserve to be heard at least, but not in the context of Hillary's campaign. I do think it was incredibly hypocritical of Trump to parade them before the cameras.  "He did it first" is not an excuse for your own behavior unless you are 7.

That situation was so embarrassing for Whoopi. When she started talking about women having affairs with your man, I cringed so hard because it was clear she no had clue about who these women were and what their connection to Bill and in the case of the last woman, Hilary, was. Like damn, if you're going to be so aggressive and obnoxious and loud in your opinions, do your damn homework. 

What part of Hillary knowing that Bill was having affairs didn't airhead Sara understand?  This is not anything new! I think Joy was about to smack her.

I think what she was trying to say, admittedly rather poorly, is what people hoped to achieve or think would happen with bringing these things up and stunts like Trump's press conference with the women. Because her point was that Hilary chose to stay with Bill when all these things happened, so she's clearly already known so what do people think bringing it up now is going to accomplish? 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think what she was trying to say, admittedly rather poorly, is what people hoped to achieve or think would happen with bringing these things up and stunts like Trump's press conference with the women. Because her point was that Hilary chose to stay with Bill when all these things happened, so she's clearly already known so what do people think bringing it up now is going to accomplish? 

This is like the twentieth time someone here has had to explain what Sara was trying to say but she couldn't manage to express.  I would like to formally thank you and everyone else here who can manage to decipher what that woman's point is and for bothering to explain it to people.  I would have no idea what she was talking about half the time if not for your help! 

Now if someone could only explain why Whoopi can't just express an opinion without it turning into a lecture ... I just don't get it.  Everyone else manages to share their thoughts, feelings, and experiences without pontificating the way she does.  I've read here that she is actually rather personable (sometimes even bordering on charming) when she appears on other shows.  Is there something about being onstage with a group of women that sends her into know-it-all mode?  I swear I could deal with everything else if not for this one thing.  It sets me off more than anything else about this show. I just cannot stand the completely unwarranted hubris of that woman.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13

Whoopi is personable and funny on other shows. I don't get why she is always so angry on The View. I've heard a lot over the years she's not the nicest to people in public either. Though, I don't know, I wasn't there.  Even when she is agreeing with what someone is saying, she has to put it in a way that sounds like the other person said it completely wrong. So then Whoopi has to educate and lay down some truth. I wish she hadn't done this stupid show. Jumping Jack Flash is one of my favorite comedies and though her rank personality doesn't ruin the movie for me, I can't help but to flash to her spewing bullcrap on The View whenever I see her. Boo. :( 

• Love 8

The Trump folks are really coming after Joy for her tramps remark. On twitter (see above) and The View's FB page. I sure hope the decision makers stand with her. If she goes, the show goes. Whoopi doesn't have the skills, work ethic or empathy to carry the show. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

The Trump folks are really coming after Joy for her tramps remark. On twitter (see above) and The View's FB page. I sure hope the decision makers stand with her. If she goes, the show goes. Whoopi doesn't have the skills, work ethic or empathy to carry the show. 

Gawd, what is wrong with some people.  It was a joke (about what Hillary would say about Bill's trysts) ... what's so hard to understand???

• Love 7

Eh, it's a tempest in a teapot, nothing more. The nurse scandal was a much bigger deal - it actually cost The View some sponsors - and nobody got fired. Although they did have to throw the nurses a little butt-kissing party ... hmm, should the show throw the women involved a little party?  That actually might be interesting to watch.  But I digress.  

They actually talked about what Joy said on FOX's "The Five" this afternoon, and even they couldn't manage to feign convincing outrage over it.  Mostly they focused on how the world would be in a tizzy if a republican said it, and it's unfair that Joy can say it and get away with it because she is a liberal blah blah blah. Eric Bolling (who was just on The View recently) didn't like what Joy said but he noted that Joy is a comic and has a pass to say stuff like that.  Juan Williams said it was in "bad taste."  It seemed like none of them really thought it was worth talking about, given all the other things going on.  People online may be trying to fan the flames into something bigger, but the story is already dying down from what I can see.  I think it will be forgotten by the end of the week. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Was Debbie really hated?  For me at least Walters was the one that came out looking bad in that whole situation.  She chose and cast Debbie and made that clear.  Walters wanted someone who was of the MTV veejay mold and generation (even though I think at the time those days were at an end; quelle surprise!).  And that is actually what she got.  Debbie was uninformed but I also remember she seemed to try and play catch up and even when she did utter opinions that were of her "generation" Walters was so dismissive by then, it looked like abuse.

The weirdest thing about trying to create smoke and mirrors by making Joy a villain for her joke is the supporters of the Inverted Orange Scrotum actually think this is a big enough target to hide any of sins, let alone the meltdown with the Republican Party following the debates.  They should be more concerned about tiny little fingers tap tap tapping away on the phone at 3 am.

• Love 6

This article is probably enhancing any tension between them. It's just how Whoopi rolls. Also, Joy signed a three year contract for $2.5 million per year, not a total of for 3 years. The only thing I've noticed between the two of them is when Joy promoted After the View Whoopi was obviously not liking it. Joy is a better moderator, the panel is smarter than Whoopi (except Raven) and she has to bully and contradict everyone because she is inadequate.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Was Debbie really hated?  For me at least Walters was the one that came out looking bad in that whole situation.

Well, I sure didn't like DM, she was pretty darn dumb compared to Joy, Star and Meredith.  I remember her arguing with Joy about oral sex, DM insisted it wasn't sex, Joy tried to explain to her it wasn't intercourse but it was still sex, DM wasn't having it.  She was lampooned on SNL back in the day with Sarah Michelle Gellar playing her, so I know I wasn't alone in my feelings.  

BW sure did error in hiring her, but then again The View really never did BW any favors.  From the beginning, BW would over-explain the most simple things, like when she interviewed a former prostitute and turned to the audience with deadly earnestness and whispered "a john is a prostitute's client".  She would mention her talking dog ChaCha frequently.  BW quickly became a parody of her former self, a trail-blazing female TV journalist turned chat show host in the granny role with younger women.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Well, I sure didn't like DM, she was pretty darn dumb compared to Joy, Star and Meredith.  I remember her arguing with Joy about oral sex, DM insisted it wasn't sex, Joy tried to explain to her it wasn't intercourse but it was still sex, DM wasn't having it.  She was lampooned on SNL back in the day with Sarah Michelle Gellar playing her, so I know I wasn't alone in my feelings.  

I never watched the show with Debbie so let me get this straight.  Debbie thought oral sex was not sex?  So does that mean lesbians are forever virgins unless they have intercourse?

• Love 3

Ginger-that shit makes my blood boil. This show has singlehandedly set back the women's movement by 50 years.

Came here to say that it looks like maybe the producers or whoever's voice is in their ears, are as tired of Whoopi's soliloquies as we are. She seemed pretty annoyed and sounded a lot like Donald Trump whining at the debates that he didn't get to talk.

ETA-regarding the oral sex is not sex thing. During that time frame when Debbie M was making that claim, I was living in Mississippi and worked with a 22 year old Ole Miss blonde, Christian sorority girl. I had drinks with her one night and she explained to me that she was still a virgin because her and her bf only had anal sex. True story. Those are called juicy rationalizations.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 4

This show is getting so predicable..........

Whoopi starts with a topic, Jediblahblah is always the first one to ramble on (isn't she?), then Sunny gets into it. Joy will make a relevant comment. Airhead Sara sits there looking confused. It seems like they have rehearsed it all before they are at the table.

The interview with Tim Kaine & wife was definitely rehearsed! Guess that is to be expected.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 4