Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Bent Out of Shape

• Start Topic

Ahhhhhhhh--the classic "report card" elimination. Worst tattoo of the day goes home! Unless, err, someone who's really good totally shits the bed, and then.....second worst tattoo goes home? 

Never liked report card eliminations. Gia's, Nate's, and Boneface's tattoos were all bleh and had different flaws. Anyone with eyes could see that Mike's tattoo was atrocious. It reminded me of an old barbie doll that has been twisted around and had its arms pulled off and stuck back on one too many times. That thing was hard to look at, and even though I'm generally a fan of his, it's hard to justify keeping him around after that. 

Super excited that the internal team warfare BS is over with and that I'll actually get to see 10 tattoos next week. Since there are still "teams" I'm guessing that we are going to see a lot of head to head showdowns between members of opposing teams from where on out. 

Nikki needs to stop talking during critiques. 

In lieu of tonight's events, I still like Eric, Sketchy, Kelly, Ryan, Gian and Mike as the final 6, however I think it's time to boost Gian up in the power rankings. 

Kevin, Boneface, or Beavers next week. Anybody's guess. 

• Love 5

That sucked.  Gia got robbed.  Mikes tat had an arm that in no way could have attached to the shoulder.  Nate's tat's left thumb bent back like it was broken.  Gia's was beautiful.  Skin tone? Seriously?  Once again Dave is the only one who gets it right.  With Gia's, you're showing it off.  With Mike's, you're wearing long sleeves.  I think Chris and Oliver wanted to bust up the alliance and that's all.  I actually think Nikki hurt things by confronting Oliver.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 5

Gia didn't bother me but I'm not sorry to see her go. The grrl power clique is annoying because they're so biased they can't even see that a tattoo is bad. It's not even that they won't admit it; they genuinely think their interpretation is right.

Boneface's portfolio has a lot of stuff that looks the same as tonight's soldier -- dark and detailed but hard to read. Seems to be his trademark way of packing in the ink.

I thought the big-ass tattoo was kind of cute and not nearly as bad as the judges made it out to be. Maybe my judgment is impaired from, as Peck said, the constant parade of jacked up work on pinup day.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

Why didn't they talk about whether they actually looked like the people or not?! They only mentioned it once with Ryan's!!

Dave: still the only judge I like. Chris: still wish he were off my screen more and more

• Love 4

Boneface gives his dude a square arm and hand, and a face that looks nothing like him. All one shade. 

Beavers makes the most ridiculous ass ever. 

Mike creates a total monstrosity. 

And Gia goes home. For a tattoo that wasn't done exactly like Peck would have done it, but was not even near the worst there. 

Seriously, shittiest season ever. But, hey, how dare women support each other the way dudes always do. Hos need to get behind the bros, right? 

I hate Nunez, but I think I despise Oliver even more after that shit. I was really pulling for Ryan, but I want to see Peck lose after that. So, as much as I dislike New School, Kelly's at least great at it. Go, Kelly! 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 6

Hilarious they boot Gia for having an insufficient curve and cankles, yet Mike was just gawdawful. I mean, the shoulder was visible, the elbow was visible, but there was no straight line between them! Literally not possible without two extra elbows in the upper arm. Come on! 

• Love 2

I thought she got the boot for being on the bottom too many times, a new concept here I think. 

The girls' alliance is stupid because you are supposed to keep your alliances sort of quiet, I mean most people can figure them out, but they are not paraded around like these do it in public,  Yes there have been guy alliances to get rid of every woman and they are obnoxious, but they never were openly in front of the females, a lot of them supposedly befriended the same women they were stabbing in the back. 

• Love 1

Chris can't hide his disdain towards the womenfolk. Peck used to be better, but his misogyny was on full display tonight. Fuck both of those guys. 

Ryan got robbed for best tattoo of the day. "We expect her to do a beautiful face but Gian rocked out a car with a difficult canvas so it goes to him" - WTF? When has what the canvas wants ever been a factor in this show?

I'm not sad to see Gia go, but it would have been nice if she left on her own merit, other than just not being the judges favorite. 

If you had told me a few years ago that there was a reality show and the only judge that was fair, impartial, and downright awesome was Dave Navarro, I would have laughed. But here we are. 

• Love 7

One of my favorite challenges and they have to do a male pinup??? Men are not pinups!

That said, I didn't love anything, but I thought Gia's were hella-cute, yes the one leg was slightly thinner than the other. I just can't stand Gia, so okay that she's gone. Skintone did not bother me. Mike's was hideous, but, if I'm being honest, I like to look at his handsome face each week. Boneface's was dark and not readable at all, why didn't he have the dude take his shirt off and pose?

I'm a woman and a hardcore feminist, but I hate the "woman's alliance". Love that the women are supporting one another; hate what's done for my viewing experience. I recall in previous seasons that the judges really hated the overuse of white - it was to be used sparingly for highlights only, and not so much in black/grey pieces. Yet Ryan has a white highlight on every single element of her black/grey tattoos and no one calls her out on it - wtf. I mean, I dig her style and her portfolio, but I do think she overdoes it with the white, to the point that it looks too cartoony.

Mike's was so god-awful. I don't know how you can be a tattoo artist and not see the problems with that drawing. I used to study animation and still draw for fun, and I only miss minor anatomical flaws in my own work once it's "finished". It blows my mind that he drew that mess and thought it was good enough to go permanently on skin. I always thought of tattoo artists as, well, artists. That they could draw just as well as animators and illustrators - if not better. But seems like half of the so-called 'good' artists are only good at tracing and copying. It's really shocking.

Also, such BS for Gia to be sent home. I love, love LOVE her online portfolio, and I think she's extremely talented. True, it seems like the time limitations are not for her, but her tattoo looked way better than Nate's, Mike's, and Boneface's. I hate Nikki, so I'm on Boneface's team by default, but he hasn't produced anything impressive, whereas even Gia's unfinished pieces showed promise.

I kinda love Sketchy, and I'm glad he at least tried to be competitive and make things rough for the other team. You don't have to play dirty, but assigning tough canvases to your competitors and giving them challenges is part of the game.

I remember when Miami Ink was on and I thought Chris was hot and charming. LOL...how embarrassing for me.

• Love 3

Mike should have went home, but as much as it annoys, me it is about who Oliver wants as his top five. This particular challenge was to solidify or change who he already wanted as his group. Portrait tattoos always look bad to me, so I would go for something representing the spirit of the person. Like the guy standing by his car. People who know him would easily recognize what it means, the same thing with Boneface's guy. Of course that is all on the client, but I think these will hold up better with time. I thought Ryan's was too dark and cluttered and I couldn't really understand the theme of her piece. Boneface also made a dark piece, but I got the spirit of the military from it. I'm guessing we will hear less about the alliance once people are faring off against the other team. At this point, it should be everyone for themselves. 

12 hours ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

Nikki needs to stop talking during critiques. 

11 hours ago, Honey said:

I actually think Nikki hurt things by confronting Oliver.

Agree with both these comments.  I was yelling "STFU, Nikki!" at my tv repeatedly.  Why on earth would you continue to argue with one of the judges?  You aren't helping yourself and you're likely not helping the person you're trying to defend.   Everyone on earth knows she hates Boneface and wants him gone.  She doesn't need to go into verbal attack week after week, especially when it leads to confronting a judge. 

11 hours ago, lordonia said:

Gia didn't bother me but I'm not sorry to see her go. The grrl power clique is annoying because they're so biased they can't even see that a tattoo is bad. It's not even that they won't admit it; they genuinely think their interpretation is right.

Boneface's portfolio has a lot of stuff that looks the same as tonight's soldier -- dark and detailed but hard to read. Seems to be his trademark way of packing in the ink.

I thought the big-ass tattoo was kind of cute and not nearly as bad as the judges made it out to be. Maybe my judgment is impaired from, as Peck said, the constant parade of jacked up work on pinup day.

Yep.  I think that's my biggest problem with the girls' alliance.  They are going to defend the other girls, even if it's not necessarily justified and attack other tattoos based on personal feelings. 

Nate's tattoo wasn't bad, it was almost new school to me.  The detail in Boneface's tattoo was excellent, even if the tattoo itself was dark.  But so was Ryan's.  I may stand alone but I really didn't like Ryan's very much.

8 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I thought she got the boot for being on the bottom too many times, a new concept here I think. 

The girls' alliance is stupid because you are supposed to keep your alliances sort of quiet, I mean most people can figure them out, but they are not paraded around like these do it in public,  Yes there have been guy alliances to get rid of every woman and they are obnoxious, but they never were openly in front of the females, a lot of them supposedly befriended the same women they were stabbing in the back. 

45 minutes ago, Sugar said:

I'm a woman and a hardcore feminist, but I hate the "woman's alliance". Love that the women are supporting one another; hate what's done for my viewing experience. I kinda love Sketchy, and I'm glad he at least tried to be competitive and make things rough for the other team. You don't have to play dirty, but assigning tough canvases to your competitors and giving them challenges is part of the game.

41 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Mike should have went home, but as much as it annoys, me it is about who Oliver wants as his top five. This particular challenge was to solidify or change who he already wanted as his group. Portrait tattoos always look bad to me, so I would go for something representing the spirit of the person. Like the guy standing by his car. People who know him would easily recognize what it means, the same thing with Boneface's guy. Of course that is all on the client, but I think these will hold up better with time. I thought Ryan's was too dark and cluttered and I couldn't really understand the theme of her piece. Boneface also made a dark piece, but I got the spirit of the military from it. I'm guessing we will hear less about the alliance once people are faring off against the other team. At this point, it should be everyone for themselves. 

I don't mind someone getting the boot for overall body of work so long as they say those are the rules.  The rules seem to fluctuate week by week. 

And yes!  The "alliance" would be much more powerful, I think, if they kept it on the down low as much as possible.  They are setting themselves up to be targeted by everyone else.  Even Peck and Nunez noticed during the flash challenge - - where Sketchy made a terrible tactical decision by going back on his choice and letting two girls be paired together.  Ugh.  Is this high school? 

True, that it ultimately comes down to who Peck wants on his team.  Mike's tattoo was the worst this week but his body of work so far in the competition has been stronger.  It is a good argument to make that this was his first time being in the bottom.

I'm glad the team face offs are pretty much done.  Now everyone will tattoo and we'll see how much that alliance holds up.  I'm guessing at least one person will go rogue. 

I'm really not invested in anyone at this point but I do like Kelly's attitude.

Love Dave. 

Miss Josh.

• Love 4

Tough week for the women alliance. Gia's elimination is a tricky one, as she has struggled technically every week. She had the easiest tattoo this week and it still wasn't great. Cute face though. If someone's report card can prevent a future canvas from getting a botched tattoo, I'm all for it. That being said, Mike definitely had the worst one of the day. That thing was hideous. I would've sent him home, though I'm not too upset at their decision.

Gian was the clear winner in my mind. Surprised they liked Ryan's so much. The figure was really well done, but it was really dark and used a ton of white highlights. The eyes especially were weird, it looked like she didn't have pupils. It's going to age pretty badly.

Nikki's constant arguing is going to get her or her friends sent home. It's no secret if you get on Nunez's bad side, he's gonna try and send you packing. The girls need to ditch her or get her to tone it down a bit.

Edited by Apatee
  • Love 2

I really recommending going to Inkmaster's webpage to actually view the tattoos.  They were really glossing over how bad some of those tattoos are especially Boneface and the one with the Canadian flag.  The anatomy on Beaver's is just weird. I dare anyone to try to stand in that pose  and the hand looks like it has a dew claw, not a thumb.

• Love 1

I think the body of work (report card) should only be used if the current week's tat's are too close to judge.  This was NOT the case at all, since Mike's very clearly sucked, and nobody would have been happy with that tattoo.

Ryan is really very pretty, and she also seems to be a very nice person.  A good combo.  I love that Kelly doesn't get rattled, she just gets down to work.  They both are extremely talented, and I hope one of them takes it.

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm okay with overall rankings being taken into consideration since the people who have performed worst overall are the ones who are gone. It can kind of rankle if a good artist is sent home for one bad tattoo.

Past winners who were never in the bottom: Shane O'Neill (season 1), Hollywood Hamilton (season 3).

Winners who've had bad days: Steve Tefft (1 time), Jason Dunn (3 times), Scott Marshall (1 time), Steve Tefft (2 times), Dave Kruseman (3 times), Anthony Michaels (1 time).

Haven't been in the bottom yet this season: Eric, Gian, Sketchy, Kelly

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, lordonia said:

I'm okay with overall rankings being taken into consideration since the people who have performed worst overall are the ones who are gone. It can kind of rankle if a good artist is sent home for one bad tattoo.

Past winners who were never in the bottom: Shane O'Neill (season 1), Hollywood Hamilton (season 3).

Winners who've had bad days: Steve Tefft (1 time), Jason Dunn (3 times), Scott Marshall (1 time), Steve Tefft (2 times), Dave Kruseman (3 times), Anthony Michaels (1 time).

Haven't been in the bottom yet this season: Eric, Gian, Sketchy, Kelly

You've hit the nail on the head. The surefire sign of a potential ink master is that they are almost NEVER in the bottom. The two exceptions are Jason (biggest upset in Ink Master History) and Kruseman (weird season, watered down field imo). 

Also, if I remember correctly, Anthony was nominated for the bottom by the human canvas jury and the judges completely disagreed with his selection, and when Scott went to the bottom it was for a tattoo that was mediocre but he was never actually in any risk of going home. Essentially, of the 7 champions, 4 never even came close to being eliminated. 

This is important when evaluating artists who win a lot, but also find themselves in the bottom on occasion (see: Josh, Craig, Tatu Baby). While these artists usually go far, they rarely go on to win.

The other giveaway of a potential ink master is that they usually win early and often. Scott, Shane, Anthony, Steve, and Joey won all the time, and didn't waste any time in solidifying themselves at the top. 

Going off this history, you currently have to love Gian and Kelly's chances (each has 2 wins and 0 bottom appearances). 

Ryan and Nikki each have 1 win and 1 bottom  so far, although I'd give the edge to Ryan as her bottom appearance was in the first challenge. 

Sketchy and Eric seem to be in a good place. Neither has won any challenges, but I suspect this is due more to the format of the season than anything. There's been very limited opportunities. 

Kevin, Boneface, Beavers, and Mike have virtually no shot at this point. This far into the season and you have 0 wins AND appearances in the bottom? Game over. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

The other giveaway of a potential ink master is that they usually win early and often. Scott, Shane, Anthony, Steve, and Joey won all the time, and didn't waste any time in solidifying themselves at the top. 

And honestly? After 2-3 episodes most viewers can readily tell which artists are going far and which are fodder. The team setup this season encourages Peck and Nunez not to let their best artists fall away because of one poor showing.

9 hours ago, Sugar said:

Mike's was so god-awful. I don't know how you can be a tattoo artist and not see the problems with that drawing. I used to study animation and still draw for fun, and I only miss minor anatomical flaws in my own work once it's "finished". It blows my mind that he drew that mess and thought it was good enough to go permanently on skin. I always thought of tattoo artists as, well, artists. That they could draw just as well as animators and illustrators - if not better. But seems like half of the so-called 'good' artists are only good at tracing and copying. It's really shocking.

I've been watching past seasons on Hulu, and I'm convinced it's the lack of sleep.  I've been reading a book about the science of sleep, and it goes into a number of studies that have shown that lack of sleep both makes you less physically able as well as less able to think clearly and creatively.

They really are being set up to not produce their best work from the start in the name of drama (plus production cost savings).

Edited by pigs-in-space

If body of work was a decider, it shouldn't have taken Tito so long to go home. His "report card" was shit from day one, yet they kept insisting he was one of the stronger artists for Nunez. 

Funny, when women don't stick together, people ask why that is. It comes up in the Survivor forum a lot. Here, it's for daring to do so. No need to wonder why women get fucked over in so many ways. No way to win, I guess. Women who support each other are told to shut up about it already. Women who don't are accused of hating other women. 

I also found it ludicrous that Peck and Nunez were insisting that Team Nunez wasn't "playing the game" because they did not put Boneface and Gia together. Then, we're led to believe it's all about doing good work, so Gia just had to go home. Is it about "the game" or quality artistry? Because "the game" specifically tries to see canvases end up with shitty work.  I guess it is whichever fits the bias of the person deciding. 

I also find it very interesting that Mike seems to be just fine with the women being allied. He was the one laughing with Ryan and Gia about the insecure boys who were obsessing over it.  In fact, most of the dudes do. It's just Peck,  Nunez and a couple of the bigger assholes who are hung up on it. I think this is being portrayed in a way to appeal to Spike's typical demographic--the type who tuned in for garbage like The Man Show, the type who wants to see uppity bitches taken down a peg. It is all so fucking gross. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Honey said:

I think the body of work (report card) should only be used if the current week's tat's are too close to judge.  This was NOT the case at all, since Mike's very clearly sucked, and nobody would have been happy with that tattoo...

Ok... I still can't figure what we're talking about... Could anyone help me here ? I really don't understand what this "report card" is.

TIA :D

Diane Mars - report card is being used as shorthand for the artists previous body of work within the competition - so if an artist has had quite a few trips to the bottom or consistently made the same mistakes they would have a bad report card.

• Love 1

Okay ! I think I get it :)

It's not a "real" card or "save your ass joker", but more a kind of "unwritten tracksheet" with the "plus" and "minus" "(un-)written" on it, like a kind of police record, correct ?

(No, because I really thought that I missed something crucial, like the "Tim Gunn save" for the ones who follow Project Runway, lol ! )

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

It's not a "real" card or "save your ass joker", but more a kind of "unwritten tracksheet" with the "plus" and "minus" "(un-)written" on it, like a kind of police record, correct ?

There's nothing codified about it, no.  ;)

Have we heard the term before this season? I don't remember if so. Peck and Nunez have also referenced the artists' portfolios as being part of their report cards/body of work but that was only in the first couple of episodes.

• Love 2

Okay, I'm staring at the paused shot of Gian's winning . . .pinup.  I give it a 5.9 out of 10, at best. 

If the ADR of nitpick means bitching about the future of skintone ten years down the road and calling those ankles out as "cankles"--which they are not, btw--then let's talk about the car with the one skinny tire, the wonky headlight pointing off to the left and the mismatched panels flanking the hood.  The guy's leg anatomy is a mess--one knee is totally fucked and unrelated to the folds of the jeans, the other leg has a shin longer than the thigh.  The big reflector aviator glasses serve the same purpose as sticking the hand down in the pocket--not good at hands, not good at portraiture.  This is what Nunez calls "perfect design, perfect application."  And sorry, Ryan, all that perfection means there can be no judge love left for the dead ringer one-inch rendition of your subject's face.  Besides, Gian got a male pinup challenge and waaaaaah male pinups are really hard!  Congratulations, Gian.

I'm too disgusted with the elimination to even start.

Probably alone with this, but I had Nate's doe-eyed, bubble-butt girl contending for the win.  I was looking at the woman who was the pinup subject and cringing about what her husband was going to wind up with permanently inked into his flesh, but she came out cute as a damn button.

And it was a PINUP!  Show a hundred people the soldier tat, hear no one say "pinup."  Oh yeah, I forgot, male pinups are hard.  (But I'd say maybe you start with some nice pecs or a set of six-pack abs and go from there.)

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

The face was so off on the soldier tattoo. It was weirdly squished and pin-head-ish and no one mentioned it--it was all about the vague hand or how detailed the (dark) clothing was. Which was criminal because the guy was hot and that tattoo was not. At all. And then the girl with a clear pinup with passable hands, two different feet, and a damn cute face gets sent home because one thigh is slightly thinner than the other or because the skin color isn't a stand-out? Oookay...

I didn't hate Mike's but it was wrong that he didn't give the girl even enough boob to fill the cup of the top. Exaggerate buddy!

• Love 1

I was excited about the "girl alliance" until they all - except for Kelly - started acting like everyone owes them a favour because they're female. Or whatever the reason no one is EVER supposed to give them a hard canvas. Which makes no sense to me and I can't believe people keep caving in. Not that it saved Gia this week, but still.

If Nikki gets sent home, I'll be firmly in the Kelly-Ryan camp and rooting for both of them to make it to the finale. A bit scared about one of the previews they showed last week, though, that appeared Kelly might have been fighting to stay? I'm hoping it was a red herring.

Nikki's appearance doesn't bother me, her tattoos don't bother me, she's perfectly OK and I haven't seen anything offensive or cover up worthy, BUT she's so ridiculously hate-filled towards Boneface she's making herself look like a harridan. I don't know for sure if they are egging her ON at judging, but Nunez's and Peck's reactions seem to indicate they may not be. Once again, you never know, though. We all know how they like to edit females, for the most part.

Still love Dave. Wish I could see Josh every week on my tee vee screen.

• Love 4

Ryan is really a stand-out this season. We used to have a few of those in the earlier seasons, the people who almost never made a mistake. She´s the first woman to fit that category imo. 

This judging was really unfair. Boneface and Mike were both equally worthy of getting the boot, there was nothing good about those ugly tattoo´s they did.

• Love 2

Ugh. Gia was obviously not going to make it to the end, but she's clearly more talented than Mike or Boneface. Every season I see so much misogyny from the non-Dave Navarro judges that it drives me nuts. Especially how hard Chris was on Megan Jean last season. That girl got judged twice as hard as anyone else, and even though I don't think she could have won, she deserved so much better. This season some of the girls (Ryan and Kelly) are too fucking talented for the judges to let on how seriously the don't take artists with vaginas, so the misogyny has been slightly less obvious. Can we please get a female judge next season? Like on Best Ink, which had two female winners because the girls weren't constantly treated like a lesser class of artists. Argh. 

Sorry, off my soapbox. I really did dig Gian's tattoo, especially considering how difficult the subject was. It wasn't a pin-up though, and Ryan blew him out of the water. Nicki is annoying, but amazingly talented. Especially when you find out she's been tattooing for less than five year. In a few more years that girl's gonna be unstoppable. But probably still annoying.

Sketchy and Boneface bug me. I agree that the girls shouldn't expect to never be targeted on skull picks, but they're both so shitty and aggressively masculine about being dickbags. I feel like Sketchy is the sort of dude that asks shit like, "When do we get to have a straight pride parade?" and "When's white history month?" Fuck that guy. And his shitty ass tattoos. 

• Love 4

I'm watching this on Hulu, so I'm a bit behind.  This year they have been pretty clear that the contestants are judged on past as well, as well as current tattoos.   For example I felt Nikki's tattoo last week was worse than Tito's.  So, I'm not upset about Gia going home for another tattoo with problems.  As for Ryan, she is talented and designs gorgeous tattoos. However she is really inconsistent in the execution of her designs.   Her last tattoo with the planets, awesome, but the rings of Saturn were really off.  Boneface lacks in creativity but he does solid execution. The women's ganging up on him annoys me.   Their defending of bad work annoys me.   

My favorite so far is Kelly.   I love Sketchy, I don't think he is has good as Kelly but he is entertaining.           

• Love 1

I was also excited about the "girl alliance" until I realized that the alliance is filled with Ink Master contestants, which means that they're all loud mouthy assholes. I like Ryan and Kelly, but Nikki and Gia....ugh. I do think that it's ridiculous that the women are irritated when someone targets them. I also agree that Nikki needs to stop talking during judging. It makes it seem like her criticism is coming from a person place rather than an objective review of the work on display.

• Love 1
On October 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM, MaKaM said:

The face was so off on the soldier tattoo. It was weirdly squished and pin-head-ish and no one mentioned it--it was all about the vague hand or how detailed the (dark) clothing was. Which was criminal because the guy was hot and that tattoo was not.

I can't believe no one pointed out that the pinup looked more like Boneface than it did like the woman's actual husband. As someone pointed out upthread, it's curious that it seemed like only *some* people were being judged based on whether the pinup looked like the subject.

I'm not sure that it was misogyny on the part of the judges, but they clearly wanted Gia gone. Only elimination where they've called out four people... And also curious to eliminate someone based on a "report card" when that report card seems to have shown improvement over the past few weeks.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

I can't believe no one pointed out that the pinup looked more like Boneface than it did like the woman's actual husband. As someone pointed out upthread, it's curious that it seemed like only *some* people were being judged based on whether the pinup looked like the subject.

I'm not sure that it was misogyny on the part of the judges, but they clearly wanted Gia gone. Only elimination where they've called out four people... And also curious to eliminate someone based on a "report card" when that report card seems to have shown improvement over the past few weeks.

I think the report card excuse is just something they pull out when it's convenient in getting rid of someone.  It seems that I recall once the teams turned into the finalists it was stated that there were no more report cards, worst tattoo goes home.  Then Nunez starts up with the old "he's a better tattooer than you" report card bullshit trying to justify eliminating Kevin over Eric.  I loved it when Kevin called him out on his shit right then and there and I do think that might have made Ollie and Dave (and maybe the guest judge) vote out Eric just to stick it to Nunez.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 1