Type keyword(s) to search

The Lexicon

only1kcm
  • Start Topic

Brittany, from today's case - bleached, jailbird bimbo, speaking in regards to her somewhat challenged sugar daddy, Mr. Irby:

"He became very controllive."

We don't know if he became that way before or after the promised sexual favors she bartered.

• Love 4

"I'm an ecumenical abuser."

JJ after reaming out both the defendant (because he lied to the insurance about an accident caused by his 17-year old son) and the  plaintiff (because she sued for $4,500 for repair costs to a car worth only $1,075).

• Love 2
(edited)

Just watched Ashley DesRochers, 22-year old college student, who said that her dopey boyfriend "commodated" her car and crashed it. JJ couldn't decipher that, nor could Byrd so Dopey had to interpret: "She means "commandeered."

ETA: I forgot the best part. Byrd was snickering at her.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

Husband and wife on opposite sides in a lawsuit (husband's mother is suing daughter-in-law).  Husband says he doesn't believe in divorce.  Wife says, "Fortunately, in the law, you can get a divorce without the ascension of the other person."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Amanda is a "slump lord", says "Chassey" the peculiar looking def. with the smart-assed jerk hubby who appeared here in shorts and a sweatshirt that did not hide his neck tats.

That must be a slumlord with bad posture.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Unappropriately, as per the plaintiff in the other day's quinceanera case. *twitch*

Good thing we didn't have a "take a shot every time she says "unappropriately" game going.  We'd all still be hung over.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

17-year-old who completely was unable to speak when JJ told him to stop using the word "like", did manage to get out, "She awared me."

Poor little twerp. He truly could not form a whole sentence without "like." That reminded me of the book and movie, "Magic." Corky was utterly incapable of making his dummy shut up for five whole minutes.

But it doesn't matter, since it was eventually revealed that Alan felt "responsibility" means speaking up for... something or other.

Should we really be horrified at the terrible grammar of litigants when a so-called reporter (yeah, I know that Yahoo reporters aren't real reporters but still, they have the job) writes a headline like this? Read it and weep:

“Three sentenced after strangling friend who was overdosing with jumper cables.”

This prompted one reader to comment that addicts don't need to call their pushers. They can just call AAA for their fix.

• Love 7
On 12/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Poor little twerp. He truly could not form a whole sentence without "like." That reminded me of the book and movie, "Magic." Corky was utterly incapable of making his dummy shut up for five whole minutes.

It's not just twerps on JJ.  Listen to some interviews on NPR -- actors, writers, journalists, musicians, politicians, athletes -- over-use of "like" is everywhere.  Just about the only people who can speak for any length of time without "likes" are scientists.

Today I got a kick out of a litigant pronouncing "turned" as "turnt".  I think that's a regional thing though, and I'm pretty sure I've said it that way before. 

• Love 3