Type keyword(s) to search

AM Joy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, Joy has Hewitt on.

FollowHugh HewittVerified account‏@hughhewitt

For the benefit of the country, the party and his family, and for his own good, @realDonaldTrump should withdraw. More and worse oppo coming

• Love 1

#AM Joy is trending again on twitter, it would seem that we all really do love Joy!

I enjoyed Joy's appearance at WUSL this morning, wish they could have ditched Steve and Hugh, but I suppose they have to have some balance.

I think as an independent, Michelle Bernard is such an important voice - I appreciate that she's there for Clinton, I wasn't sure if she would be.  It seems that she really is all about women, children and family.

• Love 4

Joy is basically the only reason to watch anything on MSNBC. I love that she won't let the guests pivot to whatever their specified talking point & holds them to answering the question she has asked. Real journalism! I haven't seen it on cable news since....never.

I wonder if she's being polite when she says that Hugh Hewitt is her friend, cause he seems so objectionable and she seems so awesome! I can begrudging acknowledge that maybe, MAYBE, some of these people might be ok off the air, but I'd have a hard time grabbing drinks after a combative segment full of lies and misdirection. 

I love her on Twitter as well.

• Love 5

I love her calm professional demeanor. Been in short supply these days.

And I love her dogged determination. She is somehow able to get some surrogates if not on track at least close to it. And that's like herding cats.

Go Joy!

• Love 10

Joy was on The Stephanie Miller Show this morning.

One of the things they commiserated about was "the women for trump" that wear t-shirts with a arrow pointing to their crouch that say "trump you can grab my ____ anytime", t-shirts with a picture of Hillary and the c word and t-shirts of Bill with the word rapist. 

Joy says she's talked to some of them and they're ok with whatever he says but when asked if they'd be ok with their husbands saying those things, of course they say NO.

I want the tapes of him on Howard Stern played nonstop and the beauty contestants paraded on every show all day long.  I think those things tell more about what a sexual predator he is than anything else.  Hell, a former Miss Utah was on some show yesterday in tears over her experience with him.

• Love 2

I like Joy a lot and am so glad that even though her mid-day show failed, they brought her back so there's some intelligent coverage on MSNBC on the weekends.  I didn't know much about her, but thought I'd post this little bit paraphrased from wiipedia/NBC: "Reid was born Joy-Ann Lomena in Brooklyn, to a Congolese father and a Guyanese mother, and was raised in Denver. She graduated from Harvard University in 1991, specializing in film. She's been a freelance columnist for the Miami Herald and an editor for the Grio.com  Her husband edits documentaries for the Discovery Channel, and they have three children."

• Love 9

I really enjoyed her interview yesterday with Gloria Steinam. It was a real treat to watch two smart intelligent women discuss a topic that is so important in today's crazy society.

• Love 3

I was happy she booked WIll. I. Am!  Hearing him say out loud 'Grab 'em by the Meow' delighted me. But beyond that, I didn't know about his efforts to get teachers teaching the Yes We Can speech, so that was cool.

• Love 4
On 10/17/2016 at 8:41 AM, sugarbaker design said:

That's what I love about AM Joy; at first you get the obligatory hour about Trump and his psychoses, then you get an in-depth interview with someone who doesn't speak in sound bytes.

I feel like she has panels of Up With Chris Hayes and MHP caliber - which Kornacki dd not.  I also appreciate her feistiness and refusal to allow robotic surrogates spew lies and cross talk.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

I feel like she has panels of Up With Chris Hayes and MHP caliber - which Kornacki dd not.

I agree, I loved SK, but his panels were run of the mill talking heads you can see anywhere.  CH had the most intelligent (and interesting) people on.

• Love 5

I just watched the clip of AM Joy, with Joy and LOD talking about Drumpf going to Gettysburg and saying that most likely Drumpf would have been on the opposite side in the Civil War.    This show is such a calm relief after barely watching any Morning Joe this week.  

• Love 1

I have started to groan whenever I see Cortes on any show but at least I know Joy will not allow him to spew the nonsense word gibberish that he's there for. I honestly don't understand how e says what he says with any conscience. But I'm not going to spend too many brain cells trying to reason it out. I'm sure the paycheck is enough to ease any conflict he might feel. 

• Love 1

I loved when Joe Conason started laughing at Cortez's invocation of Carl Bernstein and Kurt Eichenwald then said he doesn't care what Carl Bernstein thinks.  

Joy is so good at getting the conversation back on track when everybody starts yelling at each other.  

• Love 3

As much as I appreciate the discussion of R voting suppression, I'm skeptical of Trump's statements in his speeches about having 'lots of watchers.' Paid by whom? Certainly not by the campaign; they haven't hired anyone (hardly). The RNC knows better. And it's not like his speeches are rife with facts anyway -- why would this be any different?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, atomationage said:

I ff'd Cortez, but hear the others laughing at him. 

That was really quite funny to see. At this point, it's the only reaction one can have to the nonsense he says and ridiculous pivots he makes. 

I'm enjoying Joy's Michael Moore interview the most of those that he's done since Trumpland came out.  I know I harshed on Moore a couple weeks ago about being a bed-wetter after being terrible about Hillary during the primaries but he's really doing yeoman's work to explain what is actually good about Hillary and why it's possible to vote for her.  It would be nice if some of the others that have come around would be working this hard to be out there in the media saying the same things.

• Love 6

So glad to catch Joy's interview with Tony Schwartz. She really listens and responds as in a conversation--very quick and receptive. And I'll miss Tony after the election. He's been a real hero imo because I know how Trump goes after people. He goes nuts if you think his hands are small, so I can only imagine his reaction to hearing the author of his best selling book talk about how he "has no soul". 

That is so strong, but I believe him. He means it--that everything with Trump is exactly as we see--no empathy, no reflection, all very shallow and external. "No soul." And he wants to be President of the United States. Scary.

I still don't know when Joy is on exactly, but I always enjoy her.

• Love 2

I didn't hear Joy say this but I'm wondering why Joy would use either term for Keith Ellison.  Prescient means knowing the future, doesn't it?  I'm not sure how that applies to Ellison.  Was this on Joy's show or was she a guest on another show?

I was surprised, and disappointed, at how strenuously Joy and all her panel argued against a recount or an investigation into the vote results whether it was started by Jill Stein or not. I can understand her (their) antipathy towards Stein but they all were totally against the argument that potential voting irregularities should be investigated. The fact that Hillary got 2.5 and maybe up to 3 million more votes in the election didn't seem to be a matter of interest to them either.  I would have expected Joy to be one of the leading voices for someone, anyone, to validate the veracity of the election results since she's so strong on other issues.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, shok said:

I was surprised, and disappointed, at how strenuously Joy and all her panel argued against a recount or an investigation into the vote results whether it was started by Jill Stein or not. I can understand her (their) antipathy towards Stein but they all were totally against the argument that potential voting irregularities should be investigated. The fact that Hillary got 2.5 and maybe up to 3 million more votes in the election didn't seem to be a matter of interest to them either.  I would have expected Joy to be one of the leading voices for someone, anyone, to validate the veracity of the election results since she's so strong on other issues.

....and so it begins!  

• Love 1

Every other MSNBC host I've seen interview Ryan has given him a tongue bath, so I was pleased to see Joy challenge him. The guy has only had four bills passed into law in his years in Congress, and every one of those was a building-naming bill, so I am not overly thrilled by his qualifications.

• Love 7

I hope this link works because Joy's shutting up of motor mouth Republican Dallas Woodhouse is a thing of beauty.  I've seen him on several other shows and he is incredibly smug and rude and just bulldozes over everybody but by the end Joy had him sitting there quietly with his hands crossed over his stomach and a rather sick look on his face that he couldn't run wild with his Gish Gallop. She is so good at this!

http://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/battle-over-north-carolina-gop-power-grab-835736131954

• Love 5

Woodhouse is straight out of Central Casting for the role of corrupt southern politician.     Ali Velshi had him on today and was not having it--every time Woodhouse said something, he'd call him on it.

• Love 4
On 12/19/2016 at 8:48 PM, car54 said:

Woodhouse is straight out of Central Casting for the role of corrupt southern politician.     Ali Velshi had him on today and was not having it--every time Woodhouse said something, he'd call him on it.

Chuck Todd trid to pin his slithery ass down last Friday night, I think. "Tried" being the operative word. Though it's probably the most effort I've ever seen Chuck exert.

I'm going to have to find Joy's takedown. She is the best.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Chuck Todd trid to pin his slithery ass down last Friday night, I think. "Tried" being the operative word. Though it's probably the most effort I've ever seen Chuck exert.

I'm going to have to find Joy's takedown. She is the best.

I posted the link to Joy's takedown just upthread. Hopefully it still works for you.

• Love 2

Joy tweeted that she is doing The Daily Show Friday on their after inauguration show.   I hope that doesn't mean she isn't on MSNBC tomorrow, some days she is what gets me through.