Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: The Tipping Point

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I keep wondering how Catelynn and Macy ended up with the same backsplash tiles in their  kitchens. And just saw variation of i them on 90 Day fiancee Happily ever after when Mo went to meet with Luisa in the restaurant. Wtf?

Ok back to watching the episode. Ryan moved out??? MOVED OUT???????? He never got along with his dad? How come that never came out in 7 years... Something weird about this.

Yeah Amber, you will for sure get used to this diet. That's why so many people abandon it after few days or weeks... And why don't you put your new food in kitchen cabinets, I think your kitchen is big enough to hold it all plus more inside.  And Matt I'm sure you wouldn't mind if Amber was 900  pound because the only size regarding Amber you care about is the size of her bank account. 

"We wake up happy every day" except Amber is sooo depressed she can't even get out of bed to pick up Leah on her one day she has her.... So keep telling that to yourself...

Jesus Baltierra we all know that you love yourself unconditionally more than you love Kate so please just let her go already and you will never have to feel aggravated and irritated and resentful again, living with heifer and log that you have to watch to indulge at every meal.  Except that might interfere with your MTV paycheck. Your poor wife us in downward spiral and only you walking out will help her heal. She already seems worse than before she went to treatment... this is horrible to watch...

They are all so bored but barely ever leave the house at do something interesting. I bet 95 of the time its only because production made them go somewhere. And I never ever seen anyone with a book. I'm not working because of fibromyalgia and depression and I am at home 99.9 percent of my time but I'm never bored because I read!!! It's that simple. And how are those people bored with little kids in their lives??? Also one more helpful tip: Bored out of your mind? Get a fucking job or go to school. 

Edited by ava111
  • Love 15

The way that Farrah and Debra interact with Sophia is so odd.  Someone mentioned upthread that they speak to her in that weird too-excited tone more commonly seen with people who aren't comfortable around kids.  They treat her like a freak.  The baby voices kill me.  There is no way Sophia will grow up to be a normal, well-adjusted adult. 

Not buying any medical excuse for Ryan's behavior.  That's not been even alluded to on the show and was an invention on these boards.  Ryan has been a lazy, mooching idiot for the entire run of this show.  There have been many times over the years where I thought he seemed strung out or high or hungover.  He's a loser.  Looks like he has an addiction. My guess is, as long as Jen the Enabler is around, he'll never get the help he needs and will descend even further into drug hell.  Bye, bye custody and visitation.  I wouldn't trust him around my child, and you know what? I wouldn't trust Jen with my child either, considering she would turn around and take him over to Ryan's place. 

ETA:  It actually upsets me that Jen didn't assess the situation and remove Bentley from that house.  Ryan was clearly high as a fucking kite and she just sat there, pretending that everything was normal.  A child should never be exposed to that.  I hope he went home and told Maci and Taylor.  That is unacceptable.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's not cute when both parents are morbidly obese.

I don't think Amber is morbidly obese, is she?  Gary certainly is, I'd love to see him and Kristina start focusing on healthier foods.  They have two adorable daughters who would greatly benefit.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ava111 said:

I keep wondering how Catelynn and Macy ended up with the same backsplash tiles in their  kitchens. And just saw variation of i them on 90 Day fiancee Happily ever after when Mo went to meet with Luisa in the restaurant. Wtf?

Ok back to watching the episode. Ryan moved out??? MOVED OUT???????? He never got along with his dad? How come that never came out in 7 years... Something weird about this.

Yeah Amber, you will for sure get used to this diet. That's why so many people abandon it after few days or weeks... And why don't you put your new food in kitchen cabinets, I think your kitchen is big enough to hold it all plus more inside.  And Matt I'm sure you wouldn't mind if Amber was 900  pound because the only size regarding Amber you care about is the size of her bank account. 

"We wake up happy every day" except Amber is sooo depressed she can't even get out of bed to pick up Leah on her one day she has her.... So keep telling that to yourself...

Jesus Baltierra we all know that you love yourself unconditionally more than you love Kate so please just let her go already and you will never have to feel aggravated and irritated and resentful again, living with heifer and log that you have to watch to indulge at every meal.  Except that might interfere with your MTV paycheck. Your poor wife us in downward spiral and only you walking out will help her heal. She already seems worse than before she went to treatment... this is horrible to watch...

They are all so bored but barely ever leave the house at do something interesting. I bet 95 of the time its only because production made them go somewhere. And I never ever seen anyone with a book. I'm not working because of fibromyalgia and depression and I am at home 99.9 percent of my time but I'm never bored because I read!!! It's that simple. And how are those people bored with little kids in their lives??? Also one more helpful tip: Bored out of your mind? Get a fucking job or go to school. 

Matt does wake up everyday happy!!! He's got access to more money than his grifter butt has ever seen!!! He's got a woman with no self-esteem leaving all decisions up to him. He's in the drivers seat - Literally and figuratively.

Amber on the other hand is not waking up happy. 

Matt speak for yourself you mooch!!

I think he kept repeating "I think I'm going to get a shake" hoping Amber will give in and get a shake or fastfood because he wants her to get fatter and stay depressed because if she builds up any confidence MATT WILL BE OUT THE DOOR!!! You know she only stays with him because "who will want my big butt?" 

Matt don't be so sure you'll be living uppa class for much longer. Be fearful about the "mommy makeover" and newfound confidence she will be achieving. Those things alone will make someone think "I can do better."

Also, I know a bunch of people have said Amber and Matt deserve eachother but I still rather have Matt broke and penny less eating his "we deserve this" & "we earned this" &"we are uppa class" with a side of Steak 'n Shake fries found in the dumpster when she dumps his gritfting behind.

Gawd, percolator, hurry with my coffee I'm cranky. ??

• Love 17

Once again, mad love to the TM editors!

I enjoyed the way we cut from Amber saying she used to take pills because she was "bored" and now eats food all day for the same reason to Catelyn lounging on the couch with her phone complaining that she was "so bored" to Farrah rushing around that FroYo place like mad, cleaning and putting things into place. Farrah is a piece of crap human being, but you can't say she doesn't work. And that's the problem with Amber and Catelyn. I'm not going to say that TM isn't a job, because their paychecks would disagree with me. But it's definitely not work in the traditional sense that you have to focus your energy onto specific tasks that take up a large portion of your day.

I don't want to sound like a complete ass, because I have both a) experienced horribly debilitating panic attacks in my life and know how much they suck and b) struggled with my weight at more than one point in my life. I get that it's all hard and overwhelming. You know what helps? The fact that I have to go to work 8-10 hours a day and just plain don't have time to focus on the inner workings of my mind. I'm too busy to be bored while at work; therefore, I only have to worry about curbing boredom eating on the weekends. When Catelyn was complaining about being so bored, it reminded me of when I was a child and used to say the same thing to my mom on weekends. Then it hit me: I haven't said anything like that in years. On the weekends, I'm just so happy to have some downtime, that I never complain I'm bored. But when all you have is downtime, I guess it can get boring!

Amber and Catelyn (and a huge chunk of the rest of the TM franchise): GET A JOB!

• Love 16

Vandy, my sister works with mentally ill people. One of her philosophy's is to get doing something, anything to get outside your head. Plus it helps to get some perspective on people who are legitimately not able to function due to their mental illness. 

I think alot of it has to do with the fact that they aren't worried about paying pills or slugging it 9-5.  Or how bout interacting with that babeh you have.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

If ex-con Butch can manage to find gainful employment, what is Tyler's excuse? 

Right?! And good for Butch, being out there doing something.  Yeah, how is Cate bored with a little one? If she is napping, Get a hobby! Involve her in the hobbies.  I did, as a stay at home mom, we did crafts, reading and I even learned to crochet. That might be boring to some, but I was never bored. Go to the park, go for a ride, library etc.  Lots to do, for free too. 

And I agree, Farrah is a horrible ass, but she isn't sitting around.   

Edited by Frootloop Dingus
  • Love 9

Hey Amber quit saying how bored you are and take some cooking classes and when Leah is there include her to help. Instead of having a 'mommy makeover', get off your ass and walk your yapping dogs. Or better yet kick that bum Matt out and go do stuff with your kid. Or get off the fucking couch and quit eating out and once again cook a meal. She looked totally uncomfortable in the kitchen. And why is there so much shit on her kitchen counters. she has a decent sized kitchen, put the shit away.

Matt is fucking nasty and looks gross and greasy and munching fries in the backyard and getting a fucking shake while Amber is struggling to not get anything is just wrong. Amber was trying so hard not to flip the fuck out and start pigging out. He should be in the kitchen with her cooking a nice meal for Leah.

I can get where Tyler is coming from and there is a lot of resentment and plain nastiness when he talks about Cate sleeping all the time. Once again, get in the kitchen and cook, take her out on a date, get her out of the house and involved in shit. I know this isn't on him to get her out and about, but try. The whole I'm bored shit from Cate pissed him off and pisses me off. There is plenty to do, they have money to go and do stuff. Paint with Nova, libraries, crafts with Nova, walk the fucking dogs.

I don't think I've ever said I was bored after I became a parent. the only thing I say now is that I'm tired. Because I work two fucking jobs and am on day fucking 11 of 20 before I get a day off. 

All these girls piss me off. They have it made and are pissing away opportunities for themselves and their kids. Yes Farrah has all these grand ideas but she's a mess of a fucking human being, rude and hateful. 

If I made the money they did and do, I wouldn't be laying around bitching about being bored or fat. I would have the money and time to go to the gym and cook. I would have the money to open a bakery and pursue my dream, but no I work two jobs am a single parent who just bought my first house at 43. So they can all go fuck off with their whoa is me bullshit. I'm almost done with this group because of this season alone and the complaining of being bored and fat when they lay around and do nothing to help themselves when they have the time and money, while most of us in the real world work our asses off and still can cook and not be bored and parent our kids.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

Right?! And good for Butch, being out there doing something.  Yeah, how is Cate bored with a little one? If she is napping, Get a hobby! Involve her in the hobbies.  I did, as a stay at home mom, we did crafts, reading and I even learned to crochet. That might be boring to some, but I was never bored. Go to the park, go for a ride, library etc.  Lots to do, for free too. 

And I agree, Farrah is a horrible ass, but she isn't sitting around.   

ICAM. April takes Nova a lot so why not take a Zumba or Yoga class or when she has Nova, a mommy and me swimming class or buy jogging stroller and take Nova for a run/brisk walk.  

• Love 5

@ava111 I thought the same thing.  I told my husband it is the House Hunters influence. That particular backsplash (color and size) has been done to death. We shall see what happens when Cate and Tyler move to their new home. 

Not buying any medical excuse for Ryan's behavior.  That's not been even alluded to on the show and was an invention on these boards.  Ryan has been a lazy, mooching idiot for the entire run of this show.  There have been many times over the years where I thought he seemed strung out or high or hungover.

@LilaFowler Agree. Not sure why Ryan is suffering from some mental illness, concussion, seizures, or some other similar issues due to that car accident. When that accident happened, a link to Maci's page was posted and she assured everyone he was alright and that the "facts" being reported about his injuries were not true. I guess there might have been some stories about a concussion or something similar floating out there. I would think if Ryan did endure some severe head injury, and he was still affected by it, Maci would have mentioned it by now. I also think she would have been leery about having Bentley be in any car with Ryan since a person with seizures would not be allowed to drive. I have a relative who suffers from seizures. Any time he has one, he is ordered not to drive for six months by his doctor. Maci has always been a very hands on mom with Bentley. She has been on Ryan's ass about him making sure Bentley is in a seat belt. I will eat crow if indeed there is something that substantiates the mental disorder or illness.

The thing that I keep wondering about is, most of us believe Ryan is doing drugs. That does affect Ryan's mental well-being. If we are correct that he is doing drugs, why is Maci allowing and pushing Ryan to be around Bentley?

• Love 6

The thing about depression though is that a main system is the lack of motivation. It's not surprising that with Cate suffering from depression, she would be "bored" or tired and without the energy to get out of bed.

Tyler is being the opposite of supportive and instead is pigheaded about this. He claims to have been through depression in the past, so you'd think he would have compassion. If the therapist he was seeing was qualified, she'd be giving him advice on how to help Cate. You can't just shame someone out of being depressed.

He could help by planning activities for the family to do...not just getting furious that Cate doesn't spring out of bed in the morning to-do list in hand. Sign her up for mommy-and-me classes and say "Hey babe, I signed us up for this class. Want to come?" It could be as simple as that. Or even do something selfish, "Hey, want to go see a concert? Movie? Play? Sporting event? ANYTHING."

• Love 13

If Catelynn and Amber would simply take their poor dogs out for walks around the neighborhood 2 or 3 times a day, they could get some fresh air, exercise, and the dogs would love it.  They could even have some stop-and-chats with neighbors to relieve the boredom they seem to be suffering from.  I have neighbors who keep their dogs imprisoned in their house/yard all the time and I wonder why they even have them.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

If Catelynn and Amber would simply take their poor dogs out for walks around the neighborhood 2 or 3 times a day, they could get some fresh air, exercise, and the dogs would love it.  I have neighbors who keep their dogs imprisoned in their house/yard all the time and I wonder why they even have them.

Worse, I think Amber keeps all her dogs in the basement? In the last episode she was yelling at them to shut up. Well, what do you expect when you keep them locked downstairs?

• Love 13

Catelynn should get herself a good, broke horse and do the care herself AND put NuvaRing in daycare part time while she's doing that so the kid gets some attention for a change!
I work with horses, have 3 of my own and a multitude of MH issues and I will say this, the more time you spend with horses, the more time you will WANT to spend with horses. Incredibly therapeutic and the responsibility will be good for her, too. Then, when NuvaRing is older, they can enjoy the horse together. Plus, Cate will meet new people and riding is fun! I read a story about a troubled teen who was taken to some stables and given a horse to look after. He called the horse "Zoloft" because he said it was the best therapy for him and he wouldn't feel so bad admitting he was "on Zoloft".

• Love 13

With so many people having depression, I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way... I've been depressed as long as I remember, it's unrelenting... Even when I'm not actively depressed it's still there (don't worry I have treatment, I'm just saying this to make my point... Anyway my point is, I am crazily unmotivated, right now my career is on hold because I am looking for a job but have to be issued a temp license for a different state, so while I am waiting for that to happen there isn't much I can do. Yet my room is a mess, it takes everything to motivate myself to get out and run one errand a day, but I am never bored. Laying around and doing nothing is what I want to do, it would be boring to anyone watching but I'm perfectly content not doing anything (but I don't let that happen). So I'm not questioning her diagnosis, even is she or nobody else experiences depression the way I do, but I do find it odd that she is always complaining about being bored.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

I don't know if I did any compulsive eating when on Ambien (or maybe I don't remember!) but I hear that it's quite common so that sounds about right. When I would eat while on it, it would be such a fantastic experience, with ALL my senses heightened. Plus, things on my plate would move and swirl and turn into other things, so that was a bonus.

What I did do was go online and order things that I thought were cute with absolutely NO recollection of what I had done until the mailman arrived. Then it would take me a while to retrace my steps and recall when and how I ordered those things. I wonder what else Amber is doing that she doesn't remember. My favorite Ambien purchase is my ceramic Ratatouille utensil holder. It's Remy holding a gigantic chef's hat, which holds my spatulas and spoons, etc. It's not as "klassy" as anything that Amber and Matt have, I'm sure....

I had the same experience with Ambien. I wasn't eating, but I was ordering ridiculous things online.

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

The thing that I keep wondering about is, most of us believe Ryan is doing drugs. That does affect Ryan's mental well-being. If we are correct that he is doing drugs, why is Maci allowing and pushing Ryan to be around Bentley?

This is what I find confusing about the Ryan situation..... It seems like if Ryan was on drugs (and Maci knew), she'd be fighting to keep him away from Ryan or for Ryan to get clean before she pushed him to be around Bentley......

• Love 4
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

With so many people having depression, I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way... I've been depressed as long as I remember, it's unrelenting... Even when I'm not actively depressed it's still there (don't worry I have treatment, I'm just saying this to make my point... Anyway my point is, I am crazily unmotivated, right now my career is on hold because I am looking for a job but have to be issued a temp license for a different state, so while I am waiting for that to happen there isn't much I can do. Yet my room is a mess, it takes everything to motivate myself to get out and run one errand a day, but I am never bored. Laying around and doing nothing is what I want to do, it would be boring to anyone watching but I'm perfectly content not doing anything (but I don't let that happen). So I'm not questioning her diagnosis, even is she or nobody else experiences depression the way I do, but I do find it odd that she is always complaining about being bored.

I have depression too @leighroda, and I have similar motivation issues. I'm usually fine at work and school, but have real trouble keeping my apartment clean and making myself do things. My current battle is making myself go to the gym to finally lose the weight I gained over 3 years of law school. I have time to do it, but sometimes driving to the gym, and finding parking is a chore, and I just don't want to (or, to be more precise, I want to but it's work to make  myself do it). I am rarely bored though because I am fine hanging around my apartment, in fact I love it.

I think they're using the word bored in a different context than we are though? Like I am rarely bored but I also am fine, not unhappy, with hanging around the house and doing the stuff I want to do which is sometimes watching bad television. By bored, maybe they mean they don't have the motivation to leave or do an actual activity... I mean, I guess I watch Teen Mom out of boredom and post on this board because of boredom, but it's not an activity I am really all that reluctant to do. Maybe she means she's fine but bored because she doesn't want to do a Tyler approved activity. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

You definitely have my sympathy AND empathy. I also suffer from (at least) depression and the day before my 40th birthday in June, I fractured my leg in 2 places. As I mentioned up-thread, I work with horses and I haven't been able to make any money since then, which is demoralizing in itself. I've only recently become mobile again and my house is an effing disgrace. I'm lucky I'm not on my own and my husband is VERY supportive but he works and although he picked up some slack, I keep yelling at him to leave some things because I feel guilty AF that he's doing so much. Now I feel horrible just looking around the place and knowing it's going to take longer than usual to get it straight again, so I just read all bloody day and try not to think about it. I am kinda bored -I'm not actually sure that's the right word to describe it- though, because I'm used to being outside and riding mine and other people's horses. Now my horses think they're retired and are going to be friggin' impossible when I start riding them again. In fact, they've started galloping off when they see me, lol. ((Hugs to you LeighRoda & EvilMindAtWork))

Edited by Katt
  • Love 6

From Farrah's Froco website under Job Opportunities:  I love how she notes that the 2 week notice policy is strictly enforced, and she says they offer a "friendly, stress-free work environment."  Friendly and stress-free are the two last adjectives I'd use to describe Farrah.  I also totally read the first paragraph in Farrah's voice, it is her manner of speech to a T!!

Start training all applicants by reading this understanding that the owner of this brand is a top celebrity in the nation, all employees who apply must be okay with being on TV if it comes up and must be responsible for their own actions and behavior comfort levels while being filmed. By applying below you acknowledge you fully read all requirement and are aware of day to day operations and possibilities and not limited to what is listed other events and activities may arise at the restaurant. Other opportunities may arise from working at Froco given working with the owner our 2 week notice policy is strictly enforced before moving forward to new opportunity.

Job interviews will be scheduled this week.

To apply, please fill out the form & submit your resume below:

+Assistant Manager

+Shift Manager

+Froco Mascot

Free Food while working & bonuses

Uniform: Chef jacket & pants provided, sunglasses with your choice of black tennis shoes or kitchen safe shoes. "Cool chef" look.  

We offer a great, friendly, stress-free environment. Its work, so be prepared, but you won't hate your job and you will work for one of the top women in the nation. Great for resume and reference builder and new opportunities.

• Love 8

How do you strictly enforce a 2 week policy? Go to their house and drag them in those last 2 weeks? All someone has to do is not show up, unless they are under contract I don't really know what else you could do, and even then there are exceptions to be able to break a contract. 

I took ambian for a little while, until I gained weight and woke up with string cheese wrappers in my bed several times, and it gave me really bad restless leg syndrome. 

Thanks for the thoughts, I didn't mean to make it sound so drastic, it's bad and hard, but I was mostly trying to emphasize that I do understand how it is because inevitably somebody would say "you don't know how it feels". But I take the necessary steps to take care of myself, even when they are hard or not fun.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

From Farrah's Froco website under Job Opportunities:  I love how she notes that the 2 week notice policy is strictly enforced, and she says they offer a "friendly, stress-free work environment."  Friendly and stress-free are the two last adjectives I'd use to describe Farrah.  I also totally read the first paragraph in Farrah's voice, it is her manner of speech to a T!!

Start training all applicants by reading this understanding that the owner of this brand is a top celebrity in the nation, all employees who apply must be okay with being on TV if it comes up and must be responsible for their own actions and behavior comfort levels while being filmed. By applying below you acknowledge you fully read all requirement and are aware of day to day operations and possibilities and not limited to what is listed other events and activities may arise at the restaurant. Other opportunities may arise from working at Froco given working with the owner our 2 week notice policy is strictly enforced before moving forward to new opportunity.

Job interviews will be scheduled this week.

To apply, please fill out the form & submit your resume below:

+Assistant Manager

+Shift Manager

+Froco Mascot

Free Food while working & bonuses

Uniform: Chef jacket & pants provided, sunglasses with your choice of black tennis shoes or kitchen safe shoes. "Cool chef" look.  

We offer a great, friendly, stress-free environment. Its work, so be prepared, but you won't hate your job and you will work for one of the top women in the nation. Great for resume and reference builder and new opportunities.

Bwahaha! Top celebrity?   No. 

What does Froco mean anyway? Froyo I get, but not Froco.  

• Love 4

Uh, Farrah you know you can't enforce this, right? I guess you could try and sandbag their "new opportunity" out of spite, but you cannot force someone to work.

Also, Farrah, PR tip- hire a college student to proof read your work. You could probably get quality editing for minimal cash.

5 minutes ago, leighroda said:

How do you strictly enforce a 2 week policy? Go to their house and drag them in those last 2 weeks? All someone has to do is not show up, unless they are under contract I don't really know what else you could do, and even then there are exceptions to be able to break a contract. 

Even if she could get them to sign a contract, sue for breach of contract, and somehow find a judge who wouldn't just throw her claim out, she's not going to get a judgment that equals two weeks of labor.  At best she'd get a financial judgment that the Froyo worker would probably just ignore anyways.

ETA: maybe she'll make them sign a non compete clause, thus prohibiting them from working at another frozen yogurt shop. Hit them where it hurts, Farrah.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, starfire said:

His kid was in a championship game and he couldn't be bothered to show up and show his support, even on Father's Day. Jen had to deliver Bentley to his couch and it was pretty apparent neither one wanted to be there.

Yes! And what was up with the random bag of records Jen gave Ryan as his gift? Ryan never struck me as a vinyl lover. 

20 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Don't people high on opioids tend to nod out, like we've seen Leah do? Maybe Ryan was straining to keep his eyes wide open to counteract the nodding-off effect from his pills. If he had started taking pain pills after his accident, maybe he got hooked. He's been doing the crazy eyes a lot the last few years.

Ryan reminded me SO much of Leah in that scene. He absolutely nodded out at one point. The rest of the time his eyes were SO wide, like he was forcing himself to keep them open. It's quite possible he was given painkillers from his accident and got hooked. But Jen is doing him no favors by enabling his behavior and potentially covering for him with his dad. 

19 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

ok ok ok, how did I forget the pickles on the eyes? SERIOUSLY?

And then she said her next venture might be opening a kiddie salon, where they can do fun things like that! "For only $100, folks, send your kids to Sophia's Spa and they'll come home smelling like pickles and with their eyebrows waxed off". 

17 hours ago, gotta watch said:

When Matt was talking about Amber's midnight raids of the fridge, did anyone else think she must be taking Ambien before bed? The fact that she would eat a bunch of stuff, not talk to him and then not remember it sounds like classic sleeping pill stories.

Yup. That was the first thing I thought. Who knows what all she is taking. 

17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's not cute when both parents are morbidly obese.

Amber going on this "diet" would have been a good opportunity to teach Leah about nutrition and having a well balanced diet. Instead of Steak n Shake, they could have gone to the grocery store, and picked out some lean meat and fresh veggies. She could have made something that's more appealing to kids than mushy, canned green beans. They could ALL do it together. Instead, she's instilling the idea that you worry about health reactively, not proactively. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Uh, Farrah you know you can't enforce this, right? I guess you could try and sandbag their "new opportunity" out of spite, but you cannot force someone to work.

Also, Farrah, PR tip- hire a college student to proof read your work. You could probably get quality editing for minimal cash.

But then she'd have to admit that she's not the best, most top quality writer, with the most diversity of experience in typewriting million dollar words.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

What comes in my head every time I hear Farrah try to sound smart:

miss-south-carolina-2007-teen-pageant.jpg

• Love 24
6 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Matt does wake up everyday happy!!! He's got access to more money than his grifter butt has ever seen!!! He's got a woman with no self-esteem leaving all decisions up to him. He's in the drivers seat - Literally and figuratively.

Plus, he gets to use the dog to stalk cute joggers in the neighborhood. 

3 hours ago, swishandflick said:

Worse, I think Amber keeps all her dogs in the basement? In the last episode she was yelling at them to shut up. Well, what do you expect when you keep them locked downstairs?

I'll never understand people who get dogs, and then keep them confined all day. Maybe it's because of production, and she lets them out when the cameras aren't around? But no, she let them run and pee all over everyone at the old house. So, she's likely keeping them down there so they can have accidents in the basement, instead of actually training them and being responsible. I would feel weird if I didn't see my dog all day. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

Oh Farrah, honey, google "video release forms" before you slap this shit up on the interwebs.

And the pickles on the eyes. Just...wouldn't that burn? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, marshmallow said:

The side-eyed Chloe look is all I have the strength to muster up after I pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard.

Oh, Farrah ...

SideEyedChloe.jpg

Edited by RamonaSenomar
  • Love 13

But no, she let them run and pee all over everyone at the old house. So, she's likely keeping them down there so they can have accidents in the basement, instead of actually training them and being responsible. 

Every now and then you see one of the dogs out of the basement, but it seems like ever since they moved into their uppah class house with all of their fancy new furniture, the dogs have been exiled down there.  I felt bad when I heard them all yelping to come out.    Has the new cat been seen lately?

• Love 9

The latest from the Farrah Crazy Train...."Soph" is getting her own boutique! "Sophia Laurent". Slated to open Nov. 11. But wait- it gets even better....

" Farrah revealed that her seven-year-old daughter Sophia Laurent will be the boss at her store, revealing that she will have the power to decide who gets hired, fired, and just when they can, or can't take a restroom break."

Watching Debra gush over Farrah's "hard work" and "genius" business skills at dinner in this week's episode....ugh. All the while Farrah treats her mom and her dad like crap while I'm sure paying them nada to work hours and hours at her business ventures. Is being on TV really worth all this degradation, Michael and Debra? Or seeing the devil child Sophia?

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, RealityMyArse said:

" Farrah revealed that her seven-year-old daughter Sophia Laurent will be the boss at her store, revealing that she will have the power to decide who gets hired, fired, and just when they can, or can't take a restroom break."

hold on...isn't child labor frowned upon in this day & age???

• Love 3
7 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Hey Amber quit saying how bored you are and take some cooking classes and when Leah is there include her to help. Instead of having a 'mommy makeover', get off your ass and walk your yapping dogs. Or better yet kick that bum Matt out and go do stuff with your kid. Or get off the fucking couch and quit eating out and once again cook a meal. She looked totally uncomfortable in the kitchen. And why is there so much shit on her kitchen counters. she has a decent sized kitchen, put the shit away.

Matt is fucking nasty and looks gross and greasy and munching fries in the backyard and getting a fucking shake while Amber is struggling to not get anything is just wrong. Amber was trying so hard not to flip the fuck out and start pigging out. He should be in the kitchen with her cooking a nice meal for Leah.

I can get where Tyler is coming from and there is a lot of resentment and plain nastiness when he talks about Cate sleeping all the time. Once again, get in the kitchen and cook, take her out on a date, get her out of the house and involved in shit. I know this isn't on him to get her out and about, but try. The whole I'm bored shit from Cate pissed him off and pisses me off. There is plenty to do, they have money to go and do stuff. Paint with Nova, libraries, crafts with Nova, walk the fucking dogs.

I don't think I've ever said I was bored after I became a parent. the only thing I say now is that I'm tired. Because I work two fucking jobs and am on day fucking 11 of 20 before I get a day off. 

All these girls piss me off. They have it made and are pissing away opportunities for themselves and their kids. Yes Farrah has all these grand ideas but she's a mess of a fucking human being, rude and hateful. 

If I made the money they did and do, I wouldn't be laying around bitching about being bored or fat. I would have the money and time to go to the gym and cook. I would have the money to open a bakery and pursue my dream, but no I work two jobs am a single parent who just bought my first house at 43. So they can all go fuck off with their whoa is me bullshit. I'm almost done with this group because of this season alone and the complaining of being bored and fat when they lay around and do nothing to help themselves when they have the time and money, while most of us in the real world work our asses off and still can cook and not be bored and parent our kids.

I THINK U SAID IT BEST, FROM BEGINNING TO END!!?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, leighroda said:

Omg I was  just coming to say this. I have been depressed more or less for pretty much since I was a  teen. 6-7 years ago along with worsening fibromyalgia it got so bad I had to quit my job.  In the time since I quit working I was never bored, just like you are I was extremely tired and unmotivated, just laying around doing nothing but word "bored" never entered my mind. Few years later as I got the worst under control I tried to read and now that's what I do with my days. Plus watching trashy tv and reading this forum LOL I still wont leave the house more than couple times a month but I'm never bored even being home just with my dog only most of the time. So I really don't understand how they consider themselves bored. If you are conscious of the fact that you are bored maybe your depression is somehow under control but then why don't you do something not to be bored? Maybe it's not as much depression as it is laziness?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, but so is waxing a 2-year-old's eyebrows and taking your daughter into porn meetings. 

So I guess Sophia's formal schooling is done, huh? Debra will probably "homeschool" her. Shudder. 

And who exactly do they think will work in this establishment? Better put in a revolving door. The day the Feral Princess says I can't go to the bathroom is the day I walk. 

• Love 10

What was Matt talking to with his friend about all his child support hearings have been dismissed and the tabloids are sure to twist the story. Anyone know if indeed they were dismissed? I sure hope not! How can a talk get away with not paying a dime for his kids?

Ryan has had that blase' attitude since day one and he's had some degree of the enlarged pupils the past couple seasons. He used to be semi-handsome, but he las lost his looks lately. He doesn't look healthy either. He looks kinda sweaty with a pallid/ gray complexion, plus he has that 1000 mile stare. I'm 99% sure it's drugs. 

I've done my share in the past and I'm trying to pinpoint what drugs he's taking. It could be a combo of things. I'm gonna guess he's been a heavy pot smoker for many years, but he's also on something else. 

This episode was filmed around Father's Day. When did the incident with the cats happen? Or his accident and head trauma? I wonder if they are part of the cause of his blowup with Larry. 

It pissed me off when the producer asked Ryan what the fight was about and he said, I already forgot... Maybe he just didn't want them to know, but his attitude about the fight was so unemotional and all he could say is my Dad is a dick. Meanwhile, Larry is ready to sever his relationship with Ryan for good and his marriage is on the rocks. Poor Larry and Jen. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, swishandflick said:

The thing about depression though is that a main system is the lack of motivation. It's not surprising that with Cate suffering from depression, she would be "bored" or tired and without the energy to get out of bed.

Tyler is being the opposite of supportive and instead is pigheaded about this. He claims to have been through depression in the past, so you'd think he would have compassion. If the therapist he was seeing was qualified, she'd be giving him advice on how to help Cate. You can't just shame someone out of being depressed.

He could help by planning activities for the family to do...not just getting furious that Cate doesn't spring out of bed in the morning to-do list in hand. Sign her up for mommy-and-me classes and say "Hey babe, I signed us up for this class. Want to come?" It could be as simple as that. Or even do something selfish, "Hey, want to go see a concert? Movie? Play? Sporting event? ANYTHING."

I cosign this. In the depths of my depression, someone telling me to get off the couch, do something, find a hobby, or even get dressed would have been looked at with dead eyes. There were times I was literally  unable to brush my teeth or change clothes because the lack of motivation and disinterest were so strong. It wasn't an issue of "making myself," either. It took hard antidepressants to start changing the chemical imbalance in my brain. Only THEN was I able to begin putting a semblance of a life back together and at that time it was baby steps. 

I watched Simon's Snapchat video of this episode. I enjoyed the Gary love. And he definitely has Matt's number. 

• Love 8

It took hard antidepressants to start changing the chemical imbalance in my brain. Only THEN was I able to begin putting a semblance of a life back together and at that time it was baby steps. 

Allow me to say (post) to you I am sorry for all you had to endure. I know from your posts you have certainly been through a helluva lot. I am happy that you found something that helped you with what you were going through.

I quoted a part of your comment to respond to. You found the right prescription that finally helped to jump start your brain. What works for one patient, may not work for another. Still, you found what works for you. I am sure as much as you felt you couldn't even get out of bed, somewhere inside you had the desire to want to feel better and not allow this depression to take over your life. You seem to have made that effort to better your quality of life. So happy for you.

Cate is not making any effort IMO. Catelynn has been shown where she is just too damn giddy and happy and full of energy. The ride to Boogie town, for instance. She spent more energy into searching for and buying a pig, picking it up, and getting all the required equipment for it. She even took time while driving to make sure she got high. When it comes to her health, she doesn't have the energy to make a psychiatric appointment. She can't bother to make sure she is at that appointment on time. She quickly indulged in her pot smoking again, and has too many excuses for not doing what the professionals advised her to do. She only has herself to blame for not even doing the bare minimum to help her get to that place. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I quoted a part of your comment to respond to. You found the right prescription that finally helped to jump start your brain. What works for one patient, may not work for another. Still, you found what works for you. I am sure as much as you felt you couldn't even get out of bed, somewhere inside you had the desire to want to feel better and not allow this depression to take over your life. You seem to have made that effort to better your quality of life. So happy for you.

Cate is not making any effort IMO. Catelynn has been shown where she is just too damn giddy and happy and full of energy. The ride to Boogie town, for instance. She spent more energy into searching for and buying a pig, picking it up, and getting all the required equipment for it. She even took time while driving to make sure she got high. When it comes to her health, she doesn't have the energy to make a psychiatric appointment. She can't bother to make sure she is at that appointment on time. She quickly indulged in her pot smoking again, and has too many excuses for not doing what the professionals advised her to do. She only has herself to blame for not even doing the bare minimum to help her get to that place. 

You are certainly right. As far as medications went, it took several tries to find the one that "worked." I also tried a lot of anti-anxiety medications but NONE of those worked. I kind of faltered in that area until I found kratom. (BTW, my depression was situational and brought on by trauma. Once that was addressed, it was "easier" to treat, which may set me apart from others who have suffered from it all their lives.) 

And yes...before you can start to heal that desire must be there. The guilt of having a family and not being able to take care of them and of not being productive for my own self-worth was enough to finally give me a kickstart. Until Cate starts being proactive, things will NOT change for her. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

You are certainly right. As far as medications went, it took several tries to find the one that "worked." I also tried a lot of anti-anxiety medications but NONE of those worked. I kind of faltered in that area until I found kratom. (BTW, my depression was situational and brought on by trauma. Once that was addressed, it was "easier" to treat, which may set me apart from others who have suffered from it all their lives.) 

And yes...before you can start to heal that desire must be there. The guilt of having a family and not being able to take care of them and of not being productive for my own self-worth was enough to finally give me a kickstart. Until Cate starts being proactive, things will NOT change for her. 

Amen to that last sentence. In a nutshell. That is what a professional needs to tell Catelynn. She also has to be receptive to hearing the truth.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, SPLAIN said:

Amen to that last sentence. In a nutshell. That is what a professional needs to tell Catelynn. She also has to be receptive to hearing the truth.

Watching this last episode made me reconsider a few things about these guys, and it made me reconsider how well Farrah is doing. (Because, bitchiness aside, she doesn't seem to be facing the same issues as Cate, Leah M, Amber, et al.) I've heard singers say that one of the reasons they turn to drugs is because the high of being on stage with thousands of people cheering for you compared to getting back on the quiet tour bus and being (relatively) alone is just too much. I kind of get that. Going from one extreme to the other has to be weird. 

Now imagine being these girls and having the attention THEY do. Imagine being made to feel that every single thing you do is SO interesting that people want to film even the mundane-like you taking a nap (Cate) or giving your child a bath (Maci). They must have really weird conceptions of their self-worth and value. And a few times a year they get flown out to Hollywood or NYC where they're pampered and catered to and made to feel like bonafide celebrities with the red carpet treatment.

Those cameras aren't always around, though. How odd it must feel to have to navigate the REST of the year when they're just "normal" people. I could see how going from one extreme to the other would be challenging. Farrah always seems to be moving so she probably doesn't notice it as much. But going from being "celebrity Cate" to Mama-Cate-who-lives-in-an-average-house-in-Michigan-and-has-to-clean-up-dog-poo is kind of surreal. If they're going to continue this, er, profession then they MUST find some way to adjust to that. They need to start creating actual lives for themselves and making MTV fit into that instead of continuing to live their lives for MTV. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Tatum said:

Okay, I was semi-seriously thinking of contacting Farrah and offering to be her writer/ editor.  I would totally over charge her and report back to this group on what happens.  

I don't know...maybe I'm just bored!  ?

• Love 14