Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Enemy

• Start Topic

Serious question: is it autocorrect that has some posters referring to the President as Kirkland? Because his name is Kirkman. Or is it deliberate?

And another thing that is continuing to irritate is the number of folks who keep saying Kirkman's presidency is illegitimate.  It's as if none of them are aware of how the government works-how there is a designated survivor in case of well, what happened.

Yeah, yeah...drama...blah, blah, blah...

I still don't have to like it though.

36 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Maggie Q and Malik Yoba have good chemistry and the investigation keeps me interested.

But why does he scoff at practically every line of inquiry that she suggests?  

23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Serious question: is it autocorrect that has some posters referring to the President as Kirkland? Because his name is Kirkman. Or is it deliberate?

I have referred to him as -land and not -man because I thought that's what it was.  It was a mistake.  Sorry, I'll try not to do it again.  

Uh, why would someone make that mistake deliberately?

1 minute ago, Netfoot said:

But why does he scoff at practically every line of inquiry that she suggests? 

If now that she admitted that her loss affected her and he asked her to stay, he's more supportive, I'll fanwank that while knowing she was a good element and could be an asset, he wasn't sure if she was or not blinded by her emotions. Of course, he could just be contrary, or contrary because Plot, LOL.

2 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Did anyone really think the deputy director of the FBI, leading the largest, most important investigation in the agency's history, would let one of his key agents transfer off the case because she was sad over losing her boyfriend?

Well, he did give her the option, whether early in this episode or last episode, to take some time off to grieve, if she wanted to.

Serious question: is it autocorrect that has some posters referring to the President as Kirkland? Because his name is Kirkman.

I'm having a running battle with autocorrect which keeps changing Kirkman to Churchman if it appears at the start of a sentence.

Did anyone really think the deputy director of the FBI, leading the largest, most important investigation in the agency's history, would let one of his key agents transfer off the case because she was sad over losing her boyfriend?

If she isn't being objective, which she fears she is not, then letting her work somewhere else might be the best use of her skills. She said herself that she pursued the survivor's story to the Nth degree and fears her motive might have been that she cannot accept that he survived while her boyfriend did not. There are thorough investigations and then there are crazy witch hunts. Investigators have to make reasonable calls on where they focus their time. It turns out that she was correct to do the crazy witch hunt, but she couldn't see that at the time she requested off.

I understand how Emily was dismayed to see what she thought was a diplomatic attempt turned into a trap;

I can't believe he fell for the trap. I expected General Ackbar to appear any moment "It's a trap!". Why would the governor leave the comfort of his home state where every law enforcement person is listening to him to go talk to Kirkman on his turf? How is that going to end well? A week ago, he wouldn't even take Kirkman's phone calls and now he is excited to meet the guy in person? The governor was a lousy chess player. I don't know how those people got on his tarmac, but he should have just closed the airport at that point. Since when are planes taking off when people without tickets and with pickets get air-side and are running around on the tarmac?  After 911, you couldn't have tweezers in your carry-on. Close the airport and go home and drink T.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wasn't sure if the show wanted me to feel conflicted or not over Kirkman's little trick against Royce (and Emily falling for it), but I easily was on his side, and couldn't believe Emily felt so betrayed by it.  There was no other way out of it, as far as I was concerned.  Royce was an arrogant, treacherous bigot, who would have just tried something else once the "diplomatic" meeting ended, so Kirkman actually solved a problem before it became even worse.  Him and Emily being so stunned by it was silly.  At least Aaron seem to think it was the right call.

Of course, this episode wasn't a complete win for Kirkman, since he wasted time bombing their suspect because he didn't want to risk the life of their agent, only for the agent to die anyway: probably more painfully then a bombing.  At least he finally booted General Cochran.  And now he's got General Mykelti Williamson to replace him!

Alex will so end up regretting making a deal with Hookstraten!

It was pretty obvious that Seth was going to end up being the new Press Secretary.  I still wish they spent more time on them actually rebuilding the government, because it feels like they're being kind of casual for a government that still has no Senate, no Congress, no Supreme Court, and a President with no cabinet.

Hannah suspects MacLeish at first, but after his wife provides an alibi, she doubts herself.  But now a mysterious phone call is telling her to look for "room 105."  No idea.  I do think there is more to this.  Especially since his wife was Lara Jean Chorostecki, and you can never fully trust Freddie Lounds.  And I still think there will be more Hannah's boss then meets the eye, since Malik Yoba still seems to be wasted in this role.

All that said, I thought this was actually the best episode since the pilot.  Granted, a lot of that could be because there were no first children in sight...

• Love 3

I guess I'm in the minority since it was my favorite one since the pilot.

I join you in this. Tom is starting to find his feet. He IS changing as Emily pointed out. He has to given the situation.

Kiefer continues to excel at:

1) Negotiating the line between vulnerable and weak.

2) Being completely sincere in absurd scenarios.

I do agree with the criticism that the full impact of this disaster isn't being portrayed in a way that conveys the scale of what happened.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, kili said:

I'm sorry, but what did Kirkman think the spy was doing in the compound? Eating scones? The guy had just confirmed that the people who were thought to have destroyed the capital building and the US government were the ones that had done it. He has to know what is going to happen next. He is not going to stick around unless he has no choice. All Kirkman did was give them 12 more hours to torture the guy before they killed him. I'm sure they are long gone from the compound. They are just bombing a shell.

They were hoping that the spy was surviving, evading, resisting and escaping. See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival,_Evasion,_Resistance_and_Escape

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

I have referred to him as -land and not -man because I thought that's what it was.  It was a mistake.  Sorry, I'll try not to do it again.  

Perhaps to suggest he's the kind of President you pick up for cheap at Costco?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, forumfish said:

No offense to the people of Michigan, but I'm just thankful that the writers went with it and not Texas. Because that would have been too easy: Texas was a republic, Texas discusses secession periodically, etc.

I think they purposely chose Michigan because it has the highest number of Muslims. I think it was briefly mentioned in the pilot or the second episode.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Perhaps to suggest he's the kind of President you pick up for cheap at Costco?

Not familiar with Costo, we don't have it here.  I assume they have a budget line of products named Kirkland.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Serious question: is it autocorrect that has some posters referring to the President as Kirkland? Because his name is Kirkman. Or is it deliberate?...

9 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Not familiar with Costo, we don't have it here.  I assume they have a budget line of products named Kirkland.  

Yes even though I've only seen Kirkland products in my parents' freezer (I'm not a Costco member), I had to go back and edit Kirkland to Kirkman a couple of times. 

I'm not going to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure Emily (hope that's the right name) only told the DS POTUS that she "had a plan" when the Michigan disaster began and Kiefer (I think) told her to come back to DC, and then I think he then told her he had a plan too, so "turn about's fair play," as they say (if I got the scenario right — please do correct if I have it wrong).

17 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

Or that Kumar is press secretary

Now that's funny.

17 hours ago, henripootel said:

Does the President of the US have powers of arrest?

My guess is that in real life he would order the Attorney General (I think he has one at this point) to arrest the governor.  Failing that, the lead US Marshall at scene.  They did it this way to give Kirkman some spine in the show.

What I find most unreasonable is the apparent fact that the Michigan legislature is 100% behind Royce.  He's not a dictator either, regardless of what he thinks. Somebody should be speaking up.  And all the police forces fall in line because, apparently their commanders told them to and that makes it legal.

After declaring a state of emergency in Michigan, Kirkman should have been right there on television stating (to such effect), that all federal funding in the state is preempted indefinitely, all federally charted banks are to be closed immediately "for review".  Once the NG commander defected, all NG equipment, being now owned by the federal government, will be locked in place by federal troops.

How many room 105s are there in DC?

I just had this weird thought about an army of aliants gathering in an obscure office building in DC, and communally saying "Damn.  What are we gonna do now?"

• Love 3

I am enjoying this show a lot. I don't care that they aren't focusing on the aftermath effects on the country because the show is about the new president and the decisions he has to make. The arrest of the governor (which Kirkman did say was for the violation of civil liberties and for conspiring with the National Guard general to disobey orders) and the firing of the general were quite satisfying.

And it doesn't bother me when things are far-fetched...if everything were realistic, what would there be to talk about?

I understand Kirkman wanting to wait to attack Algeria. They had told the American agent he had 24 hours to get out and make contact. They didn't know that he had been captured...he could have been hiding inside the compound until he had the opportunity to escape. Since they gave the agent that window, and not knowing his status, it makes sense to me that it was a hard call for Kirkman, but that he would want to honor that window, even though it puts the mission at risk. 

Did anyone see "Eye in the Sky" with Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman? It was a similar premise where a military attack mission was held up and the frustrating debate that ensued because one little girl was situated right outside the perimeter of the target area.

I have referred to him as -land and not -manbecause I thought that's what it was.  It was a mistake.  Sorry, I'll try not to do it again.  

Maybe because it's kinda funny that Kirkman sounds close to Kirkland, which is the brand name for a line of products sold at COSTCO, a major bulk warehouse store chain (in case someone doesn't know).

To the original questioner, I think it might indeed be AutoCorrect, because I had to change my post from saying Kirkland before (which I don't think I would have typed because I know it should be Kirkman).

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Alex will so end up regretting making a deal with Hookstraten!

True, but why?  She's not running for anything nor does she stand to lose anything by refusing Hookstraten when she invariably asks for something Alex doesn't want to give.  Alex isn't any part of this political economy, so I just can't see her feeling in any way obligated.  But of course that's not how this'll play out - Alex'll reluctantly do it and President Bauer will see this as betrayal, then it'll be a thing, and blah blah blah.  This show practically writes itself, easy to do if you don't mind writing nonsense. 

ETA: And it's too bad the First Lady doesn't know anybody with some real political connections ...

Edited by henripootel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm still in.  I like it.  

When the Congressman's wife said the daughter was missing at the mall, my first thought was that she was grabbed and being held until the Congressman did something related to the terrorist act.  He did what they wanted and she was released.  

• Love 10

I think you all should be writers or consultants to the show. It would help the show's current staff immensely. 

Still I'm in.  I'm glad Kirkman wised up and gotten tougher but I still roll my eyes at his naivete.

Kirkman: I never thought I'd be in a position to decide who lives or dies.

Me: Dude, you're the President. It comes with the job. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

Still I'm in.  I'm glad Kirkman wised up and gotten tougher but I still roll my eyes at his naivete.

Kirkman: I never thought I'd be in a position to decide who lives or dies.

Me: Dude, you're the President. It comes with the job. 

I do sort of see his point, though - he didn't run for the office, he never expected to be in this position, a week earlier he was on his way out of the administration.  I can see why he would feel that way.

• Love 3

And now he's got General Mykelti Williamson to replace him!

I believe that he is an Admiral.

They were hoping that the spy was surviving, evading, resisting and escaping. See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival,_Evasion,_Resistance_and_Escape

If he is surviving and evading, that's the reason he is not contacting them. He's probably left the compound, so attacking the compound immediately will help him to survive and evade.

If he is caught, his resistance will result in a lot of pain for him. By all accounts, groups like that do not adhere to the Geneva connection and since he is a spy, he doesn't get treated as well as a soldier anyway (even during WWII, spies could be executed - POW's were supposed to be protected). We know that they have already used a cattle prod on him and the White House would already know that is likely if he has been captured. Attacking the compound immediately will cut down on the amount of torture he will receive.

Escape in 12 hours seems unlikely, so delaying the attack for 12 hours yields nothing.

I just don't see any situation where waiting is the best call. Waiting increases the chances of the spy getting caught, the spy being tortured and the spy getting killed. Waiting also allows the target to escape meaning that the spy risked his life for nothing. Contacting the Algerian government known to be leaking like a sieve and somewhat tolerant of the group was completely the opposite of helpful. Kirkman isn't going to make all good decisions, but this was a particularly difficult one to defend. If he decided he didn't want to take out the group (or that he didn't want the innocents in the compound harmed), that is one thing, but since he was going to take out the building anyway, do it quickly when you know the target is there. It looks even worse when you bomb something and the target is gone and all you killed were women and children.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, kili said:

I believe that he is an Admiral.

If he is surviving and evading, that's the reason he is not contacting them. He's probably left the compound, so attacking the compound immediately will help him to survive and evade.

If he is caught, his resistance will result in a lot of pain for him. By all accounts, groups like that do not adhere to the Geneva connection and since he is a spy, he doesn't get treated as well as a soldier anyway (even during WWII, spies could be executed - POW's were supposed to be protected). We know that they have already used a cattle prod on him and the White House would already know that is likely if he has been captured. Attacking the compound immediately will cut down on the amount of torture he will receive.

Escape in 12 hours seems unlikely, so delaying the attack for 12 hours yields nothing.

I just don't see any situation where waiting is the best call. Waiting increases the chances of the spy getting caught, the spy being tortured and the spy getting killed. Waiting also allows the target to escape meaning that the spy risked his life for nothing. Contacting the Algerian government known to be leaking like a sieve and somewhat tolerant of the group was completely the opposite of helpful. Kirkman isn't going to make all good decisions, but this was a particularly difficult one to defend. If he decided he didn't want to take out the group (or that he didn't want the innocents in the compound harmed), that is one thing, but since he was going to take out the building anyway, do it quickly when you know the target is there. It looks even worse when you bomb something and the target is gone and all you killed were women and children.

But then why tell the agent he has 24 hours if you're not going to allow him 24 hours? What if he hadn't been captured? In that case, attacking 12 hours early would make the U.S. responsible for his death instead.

Again, the U.S. could speculate correctly that the agent was captured and being tortured, but they don't know for sure what the status of the agent is. All of what you say may be correct, but IMO it doesn't mean Kirkman's decision to wait was unreasonable.

Edited by calipiano81

I can see the First Lady not wanting to use her clout to free her client.   The executive branch sets immigration policy.   It would like she was using her position for personal gain.    Whereas Hookstraten is just a member of Congress helping out a constituent.   And when Hookstraten calls in the favor, the First Lady has to cough up.   Or Hookstraten goes after her husband -- who may want to run for President whenever the next election is.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Netfoot said:

One thing especially rings completely false about the show, to me:  It's one week after a devastating attack has decapitated the administration of the country.  There would be so much to do, there would be a line a hundred long, waiting outside the Oval Office.  Everyone would want to get a decision about this, a presidential signature about that, and an opportunity to grab 30 seconds to bring some specific piece of information before the CinC.  How is it that Kirkland has time to sit in solitude, in an armchair and watch TV?  How is it he gets to take long, contemplative walks on the veranda?  How is it he isn't working 36 hours a day in an absolute frenzy of reorganizing and restructuring?  His ass would be run ragged!  He would be signing so many papers his right hand would stop working and he'd have to dunk it in ice-water and start using his left.   Aides would be rushing in and out every second with more papers and reports and red tape!  But, no.  Just another slow day at the Whitehouse.

Of all the unrealistic things in this show, THIS is the one that nags at me the most. Aren't presidents pretty much scheduled every minute of the day? That he is shown as having significant time to be alone and reflect is silly. He should be waist deep in people and demands.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

And when Hookstraten calls in the favor, the First Lady has to cough up.   Or Hookstraten goes after her husband -- who may want to run for President whenever the next election is.

I'm not sure I see the logic here.  Hookstraten is soon to have seniority over her new congressional colleagues, true, but the President is the President.  It's pretty clear that Hookstraten has political ambitions so it's unlikely she'll forebear if the First Lady repays her favor.  Nor is it likely that she'll abandon her political plans and 'go after' President Bauer just to pay back the First Lady if she stiffs her.  Hookstraten is gonna do whatever Hookstraten is planning, and I don't see one very minor favor weighing heavily in her political machinations.  Except that the writers are obviously setting this up to be a big thing, so it will be, but that doesn't mean this makes a lick of sense.  

Isn't the First Lady pretty much a civilian?  I know she has the president's ear and some First Ladies have their own projects and some serious political careers in their own right, but this seems to be the exception.  Alex seems like she's pretty much a political bystander at this point, but we're apparently given to believe that she's incurred a debt she simply has to pay.  My fear is that they're gonna make it something tantamount to betrayal of her husband, and Alex will do it because she feels like she has no choice.  I'm really hoping they make it better than simply 'I said I'd return the favor, so betrayal it is'.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kili said:

ITA. I get that the President didn't want his spy to die if he could save him, but he knew what he signed up for. This was the time to strike. At least make his death mean something. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, rab01 said:

This show is not the West Wing; This show is not the West Wing; This show is not the West Wing!

No whining Josh, no whining Toby, no whining Donna.....there are some advantages to a Sorkin Free Zone....

• Love 4

I am enjoying the show.  Not loving it, but enjoying it. 

It doesn't make much sense to me either why the governor was forced to go meet with the president, but I am glad he arrested him.  He really had no choice.  A power hungry governor just completely denying the authority of the president cannot be allowed. 

I wouldn't have waited 12 hours to attack the compound.  Its a classic war scenario facing a president, do you sacrifice one innocent person, or people, to capture or destroy the enemy, but in this case, I think the clear answer would be yes.  They have the highest value target on earth identified, one spy, who knows the job and likely knows when he sends the message he isn't likely making it out alive in any fashion, is not likely to keep anyone from an attack. 

It was obvious Kumar was going to become press secretary from the beginning of the episode.  And that he would be much better at the job than the guy they had.  I can't believe they had that obviously in over his head guy going out there repeatedly after watching him.  No wonder the president has a PR nightmare on his hands.  Hard telling what the press is being told. 

I don't care much about Maggie Q and her lost boyfriend. 

• Love 4

Re: Kirkland/Kirkman:  At one point - perhaps when he went to visit the rubble FKA the Capitol Building - someone referred to him as Kirkland - perhaps to make the point that he (the new president) was a virtual unknown, so unknown that people didn't even realize they had his name wrong. I think it was in the pilot, but can't quite recall.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DrScottie said:

ITA. I get that the President didn't want his spy to die if he could save him, but he knew what he signed up for. This was the time to strike. At least make his death mean something. 

Maybe Kirkman was a fan of TV shows and movies in which the good guy is a spy who always escapes — like Man From UNCLE when he was a child. 

52 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

Re: Kirkland/Kirkman:  At one point - perhaps when he went to visit the rubble FKA the Capitol Building - someone referred to him as Kirkland - perhaps to make the point that he (the new president) was a virtual unknown, so unknown that people didn't even realize they had his name wrong. I think it was in the pilot, but can't quite recall.

Or the actor has a Costco card.

?

10 hours ago, paigow said:

No whining Josh, no whining Toby, no whining Donna.....there are some advantages to a Sorkin Free Zone....

I'll give you Josh and Donna who really didn't know how to behave in the workplace, but Toby? He was the best until they totally ruined his character at the very end. He was grumpy, but not whiny.

As for this show, it's fine. It's okay. I don't love it. I don't think about it enough to care about it. There are strong things happening and there are major flaws. I like Seth and while his plot was so predictable it hurt, I do like what it means for the show going forward. I like Emily but her current "he's changed" stuff is painful. Yes, he's changed. Duh! I would expect nothing less from someone who just a week ago wasn't the President dealing with a national crisis basically on his own.

It was nice to be kid-free this week. I would have liked to be wife free too, if I'm being honest. In what world does she think she can still be involved in cases? Does she not get the huge conflict on interest? And I wish Kimble had laughed in her face and told her on no uncertain terms that she wasn't going to get involved. There's a place for her within this story. She's a constitutional lawyer so please use her that way, but no poorly written political intrigue plots that make her look dumb. I don't think she's supposed to be a dumb person and I need the writers to write her as savvy and sharp. For example, she is a constitutional lawyer and someone who humanizes Kirkman and they White House has a problem with the President's authority. Put the First Lady on TV and let her kick some ass.

Maggie Q's plot though is the one dragging this down for me. I don't care about her sad boyfriend. I don't believe that any FBI agent would be transferred off this case right now. In fact, I kind of assumed that most agents would have dropped what they were doing to be put on this case. I get that she's sad but do your job! And be relevant to the larger plot! Interact with someone else in the main cast! She's so siloed off in her own world that everything she does could be lifted right out and you'd barely notice it missing.

• Love 4
On October 12, 2016 at 11:10 PM, janeta said:

Ok maybe i missed it--why aren't the governors madly appointing congresspeople? The SOB's and HOB's are intact; if they need chambers they can commandeer space in those Independence Ave federal bldgs. How long are the showrunners planning on keeping their little government without a Congress?

Yes, a million times.  I remember watching West Wing when Pres Bartlett told the Secretary of Agriculture the first things he needed to do in case of an attack at the Capitol.  He said first get your joint chiefs together and then get the Governors to appoint two Senators to get to DC right away and finally to suspend trading on the Stock Exchange.  I don't think Kirkman did any of those things.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Maggie Q's plot though is the one dragging this down for me. I don't care about her sad boyfriend. I don't believe that any FBI agent would be transferred off this case right now. In fact, I kind of assumed that most agents would have dropped what they were doing to be put on this case. I get that she's sad but do your job! And be relevant to the larger plot! Interact with someone else in the main cast! She's so siloed off in her own world that everything she does could be lifted right out and you'd barely notice it missing.

I am completely mystified why they are going this way with her character, and why the FBI seems kind of la-la-la about the intensity with which they would be investigating this bombing!  This is a huge deal - they should have multiple warrooms set up with agents following up on every lead, every stone turned, a massive effort to find out what happened.  If she's so awesome at her job, let us see that, please. 

Maybe because of her storyline, I am irrationally annoyed that the actress insists on being known as Maggie Q instead of Maggie Quigley.  I've never heard of her before, and loathe that little Q affectation.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1

Random thoughts:

1) Why would they use aircraft to bomb the terrorist compound? Isn't a cruise missile or drone strike more likely?

2) Jack Bauer would totally have sacrificed that agent.

3) I'm assuming that as the governor flew into DC, another plane was on its way to Michigan containing the C-in-C of the National Guard and a detachment of regular troops to arrest the general and all his senior officers for mutiny.

4) A show about Washington isn't a show about Washington until someone refers to Washington as 'this town'

5) The hawkish general obviously takes his cues from the Burt Lancaster character in '7 Days In May'. Kirkman had better watch out for suspicious activity at bases where Airborne divisions are deployed.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Random thoughts:

1) Why would they use aircraft to bomb the terrorist compound? Isn't a cruise missile or drone strike more likely?

Drones are slow and have payload weight constraints...Cruise missile overkill for residential targets...too much collateral damage.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Drones are slow and have payload weight constraints...

True, but (and this might just show how little I know about drones) I would assume that by this point, the terrorist training camp would have drones all the fuck around it by now, out of sight but flying well within range to keep an eye on stuff.  Some of those drones would probably be carrying Hellfires (great name, that) so the lag between 'President Bauer says GO' and 'BOOOOOM' is probably minutes or seconds, not hours.  My understanding is that drones have really changed the game.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

What kind of favor is Virginia Madsen hoping to get out of the First Lady for helping a former client stay in the country? Influence over the menu at the next White House function?

Kimble Hookstraten said Governor John Royce is "a personal friend", so my guess is that she will get Alex to guilt Tom into releasing him.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Kirkman had better watch out for suspicious activity at bases where Airborne divisions are deployed.

Especially if he gets an, "Oh, what do you call it? An ordinary trunk call, yes, that's it.  How much will that be?  Hold on, operator."  Muffled conversation, followed by gunfire...

• Love 1

I am one who likes the show. I don't worry too much about technicalities or if it is true to life. Being a nurse, I learned that long ago while watching many medical shows - you just have to suspend disbelief. I watch for entertainment and a story that keeps me coming back.

• Love 3
On 10/12/2016 at 11:03 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Damn, Kirkman got his Bauer on. 

"Son of a BITCH!"  "Well, this is MY kitchen!

On 10/12/2016 at 11:18 PM, henripootel said:

There are matters of protocol here, and if my Law and Order law degree has taught me anything, it's that these little matters have a way of looming large during actual court cases.  Seemed like the writers got their law degrees the same way I did. 

Am co-opting this phrase for my own use effective immediately.

• Love 3
On 10/13/2016 at 6:23 PM, mwell345 said:

I'm still in.  I like it.  

When the Congressman's wife said the daughter was missing at the mall, my first thought was that she was grabbed and being held until the Congressman did something related to the terrorist act.  He did what they wanted and she was released.  

me too

• Love 2