Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Rehearsals With the Stars

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I really really like Candace. I hope they keep her around for a while! 

I agree!  She was funny and delightful!  But is that a bad nose job??? She seemed a bit over botoxed and like she had a lot of work done especially on the nose. 

• Love 1

Watched this one with the hubs (after making him watch the first 3 episodes beforehand), so now we both have completely unsolicited opinions! Yay! Sorry so long too...

Episode content: Painfully obvious that this episode was set up by CMT-KellieP's show following MTT + Kelli & Kellie mentioning they met at the CMT music awards afterparty. With that being said, I really liked her segment. At first I was worried it was just going to be another shameless "I Love Kellie Pickler" promo.  But I was very pleasantly surprised, she seemed to offer a lot more constructive criticism than previous "celebrity" guests (sorry Kacey Musgraves-borrrring). K&J see these girls frequently enough through the TC process that they probably have perceptions of the TCCs that are difficult to shake.  It seemed like KelliF took KellieP's insight during their side conversations to heart.

Same with Candice Romo. You almost want to hate her, she's beautiful and has an enviable life (one could argue), but she seems so real and unpretentious. Keep her around please!

Chewy bacon though? I lol'd at the above poster who said no wonder Yuko is having translation issues. Good for Kelsey, she handled that with such grace. Husband (who is actually a Cowboys fan) was in complete agreement with Candice when they were in the office talking about Kelsey's dance performance "issues"-her beauty just commands that you look at her so who cares if her foot or arm or right elbow placement is off as long as she is generally following the same dance. It's hard to take your eyes off her. 

Brennan and Sheridan: I really felt for them during their cuts. I really liked Brennan during her talking head pieces, she obviously has a good head on her shoulders and great body plus dances well. But she looked so awkward during the intro/across the field. Yes, her eyes are a little close-set but with a little altering of her eye-makeup, it would be less noticeable. I think Sheridan just needs to be glammed up a bit (or a lot - like Emily glammed-up). I hope both come back next year. Emily: beautiful girl, but I really couldn't take anymore of her talking with clenched teeth. Her office cut was awkward, but I'm more inclined to blame editing than Emily herself. 

Allie: I've mentioned before she doesn't look like a DCC to me, but I totally agreed with Kelli that Allie looked great dancing on the field in the stadium/KellieP segment (I mean, all 5 seconds they showed of dancing). Additionally, I watch on my HD tv on CMT HD channel as I have to say, Kashara, Tasha, Kelsey and Erica look beautiful on screen in HD. 

As for the deleted scene: Tensions around here run very high when MelRy, vets (possibly) being Mean Girls or beloved underdogs are involved, so I'm gonna tread lightly and just give my opinion ?. 

On October 10, 2016 at 10:42 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Melissa Rycroft was on DWTS? Who knew? *eyeroll and barf*

I like Melissa/Megan sessions. I think they're far more useful than Crispy Bacon techniques. Admitted, I'm a chewy bacon fan myself, but seriously.

Kyndall was naive or stupid to not attend anythjng and everything offered, even if they aid it was optional. Nothing is optional. If you're struggling and hey offer Jay, Kitty, Melissa, fit foods, or anything else TAKE IT. 

On October 10, 2016 at 0:08 PM, bigskygirl said:

I would have shown up with a fake smile on my face, prepared to say anything that would make me look good, and pretended to be grateful Melissa was willing to work with me. After the fake scripted session, I would have went to a former DCC or someone like Jenna or Erica  for help. I also call bs Judy was the one who suggested the girls. I bet CMT was calling the shots on which girls were suppose to be there.

Agree with both/all of this.

I actually liked the segment and although I wish they'd have added it to the show, I'm glad we got to see it online. I definitely think (mainly bcause it was posted in another thread), that CMT asks Judy which TCCs are struggling or could use some work, and sets up these "mentoring sessions" with MelRy (as I am going to refer to her). I think we can all agree that MelRy was a middle-of-the-line DCC, but...she still made it onto the squad and has insight into how K&J feel about the TCCs dance/performance weaknesses. Regardless of what her deal with CMT, MTT or DCC is now or how cheesy these semi-scripted scenes are, I think any help is good help for TCCs who have been told they are on the bubble (particularly Kyndall). Especially since MR has an actual vet assisting her in these segments, like Erica and Megan C.  I think it has been readily established that although Megan is a 2nd year, Kelli thinks the world of her performance ability as evidenced by comments during finals. I personally thought the clip made the session seem worth it, particularly when Megan mentioned Kelsey looking down and flirting with the floor. My husband mentioned the exact same thing during the actual episode when they showed Kelsey dancing (can't recall if it was the Chewy Bacon part or the Candice in the Office part, but he mentioned it too). 

So, was MelRy on Dancing With The Stars? Because I wasn't sure.  ?

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I agree!  She was funny and delightful!  But is that a bad nose job??? She seemed a bit over botoxed and like she had a lot of work done especially on the nose. 

Yeah - Candace gives some good feedback, but I have a hard time reading her emotions/personality - you know, cause her face doesn't move.  She's very over-botoxed for her age and it kind of creeps me out that someone so young and beautiful would do that to themselves.

Isn't Romo in danger of being benched cause that replacement guy is doing so well?  She might not be back next season team if he gets traded.

Edited by MyFavShows

A couple seasons back, they really started ramping up the whole "numbers" storyline.  I feel like in earlier seasons, it wasn't so clearly spelled out that there were XX girls in training camp and X would need to be cut.  But I feel like they wanted more drama, maybe, so that's when we started getting an almost countdown effect, where they made a big deal of Kelli doing a voiceover or interview in every episode about where the squad stood in terms of numbers, i.e., we still had 8 more cuts to make.

More things than make you go hmmm...

I remember the Kyndall drama back from the spoilers page, so I was shocked to see the mentoring session as a deleted scene from the cutting room floor. I am neither pro or anti Kyndall. 

As the posters above stated I know understand why Megan asked her why she didn't attend. It is such a reasonable explaination, like duh? Which Vet wouldn't have asked Kyndall why she attend the session. Too bad we did not hear from Kyndall herself why she did not attend. Unless it comes from Kyndall it's simply speculation. 

What I do find super odd is the fact that Kelli handed Kyndall, her own fitted finished blinged out uniform at fittings. Had Kelli ever done that before? Anyone in Kyndall's camp would have thought, wow this is it. I'm golden and this finished uniform is my ticket. And I couldn't blame anyone for thinking that way. Why weren't Madeline and Selina handed their finished uniform from the previous year? Especially Selina since she and Kyndall were cut the same night. At best, that scene now is really strange. I just wonder what Kelli was thinking. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

More things than make you go hmmm...

I remember the Kyndall drama back from the spoilers page, so I was shocked to see the mentoring session as a deleted scene from the cutting room floor. I am neither pro or anti Kyndall. 

As the posters above stated I know understand why Megan asked her why she didn't attend. It is such a reasonable explaination, like duh? Which Vet wouldn't have asked Kyndall why she attend the session. Too bad we did not hear from Kyndall herself why she did not attend. Unless it comes from Kyndall it's simply speculation. 

What I do find super odd is the fact that Kelli handed Kyndall, her own fitted finished blinged out uniform at fittings. Had Kelli ever done that before? Anyone in Kyndall's camp would have thought, wow this is it. I'm golden and this finished uniform is my ticket. And I couldn't blame anyone for thinking that way. Why weren't Madeline and Selina handed their finished uniform from the previous year? Especially Selina since she and Kyndall were cut the same night. At best, that scene now is really strange. I just wonder what Kelli was thinking. 

Perhaps the uniform no longer fit Madeline or Selina or Kelli knew last year that they were being cut so had Lisa stop making the uniform.  Just a thought

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Candice Romo is very beautiful and well-spoken, and she comes across as charming, kind, and thoughtful.  She is a wonderful addition to CMT's MTT, perhaps too good in fact, as her professionalism shines.  I think that as her husband ages out of football (not now, but in several years) and her children are no longer toddlers, she should consider returning to a career in "soft" journalism.  She is ready-made for programs like Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or perhaps Good Morning America.  

To answer your question, it appears that Candice has certainly had rhinoplasty (I would know, as I've had the procedure myself).  She may have felt that she needed to narrow or "refine" the tip of her nose.  I do not think that she needed, or needs any work done, as she is a gorgeous woman with a natural, fresh-faced look.  Her nose job is not "bad", although it does approach the line of being too precious -- without crossing it.  

Age naturally Candice, you are one of those women who can pull it off. 

Newer pic(?):

maxresdefault.jpg

Older pic(?):

candicecrawford.jpg?w=1000

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3

Actually, Candice's nose reminds me of that of the incomparable and lovely Susan Hampshire's, the famous 1970s English actress well-known for such BBC and PBS's Masterpiece Theater dramas as The Pallisers, The Forsyte Saga, and The Barchester Chronicles (oh how I loved staying up on Sunday nights to watch the old MT dramas with my parents, Upstairs Downstairs anyone?). 

Susan Hampshire was always honest about having had a nose job at age 17, saying about her before-and-after nose, "it was straight and now it's slightly turned-up.  It was probably a huge mistake, but when you're young you don't know about using make-up to rebalance your face." 

74Pallisers2418LadyGlenAdmiringHusband.j

222px-Susan-hampshire-trailer-tomasina.j

img_2163.png?w=500

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, California Girl said:

Candice Romo is very beautiful and well-spoken, and she comes across as charming, kind, and thoughtful.  She is a wonderful addition to CMT's MTT, perhaps too good in fact, as her professionalism shines.  I think that as her husband ages out of football (not now, but in several years) and her children are no longer toddlers, she should consider returning to a career in "soft" journalism.  She is ready-made for programs like Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or perhaps Good Morning America.  

To answer your question, it appears that Candice has certainly had rhinoplasty (I would know, as I've had the procedure myself).  She may have felt that she needed to narrow or "refine" the tip of her nose.  I do not think that she needed, or needs any work done, as she is a gorgeous woman with a natural, fresh-faced look.  Her nose job is not "bad", although it does approach the line of being too precious -- without crossing it.  

Age naturally Candice, you are one of those women who can pull it off. 

Newer pic(?):

maxresdefault.jpg

Older pic(?):

candicecrawford.jpg?w=1000

Wow she was really pretty ... it's so interesting how plastic surgery literally can change the way you look and make you look more plastic.  No her natural face wasn't perfect but I thought her nose was cute and she was a pretty girl.  I definitely think her nose job was bad... way to narrow and borderline MJ-like but that's just my opinion.

• Love 2

Can someone explain why these girls don't have vets or someone teach them the entrance before training camp?

they always struggle and one girl said she had never been on a football field. I don't know why they don't do this earlier. 

I understand why Kelly and Judy don't teach it sooner but there is no reason to not practice going up and down a football field so you can at least be comfortable.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Candace has looked the same forever- she's just beautiful. I like her new nose.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, California Girl said:

Actually, Candice's nose reminds me of that of the incomparable and lovely Susan Hampshire's, the famous 1970s English actress well-known for such BBC and PBS's Masterpiece Theater dramas as The Pallisers, The Forsyte Saga, and The Barchester Chronicles (oh how I loved staying up on Sunday nights to watch the old MT dramas with my parents, Upstairs Downstairs anyone?). 

Susan Hampshire was always honest about having had a nose job at age 17, saying about her before-and-after nose, "it was straight and now it's slightly turned-up.  It was probably a huge mistake, but when you're young you don't know about using make-up to rebalance your face." 

74Pallisers2418LadyGlenAdmiringHusband.j

222px-Susan-hampshire-trailer-tomasina.j

img_2163.png?w=500

Oh my goodness! I thought I was the only American girl who ever watched these shows! I loved SH in the Pallisers, she was amazing to me. I had no idea she ever had a nose job, though.

CR won by heart when she made her "beep! More style!" comment at judging. She's really quite down to earth when you get past her stunning looks. I have to wonder if she felt pressured to get the nose job during her pageant years. From comments I have read here, it seems like plastic surgery is a common thing in Dallas in some circles. I'm from Atlanta (not a Housewife!) and I'm sure it happens in similar circles here, but I'm so far removed from them I wouldn't know. 

• Love 3

I think it is interesting about the MelRy Dancing with the Stars comments. MelRy said it once, because someone asked her, that DCC training camp was much harder than DWTS and the DCC camp is what made her successful in her next careers. I think that is something that is swept under the carpet.  Kelli, in her introductions of MelRy, seems to emphasize the DSTW aspect of her success.  Her success is because of the DCC.  But maybe I am missing the point  of why Kelli is always pushing this.  

Sorry if off topic. 

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of Candace Romo being on.  What does she have to do with Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders but for marrying Tony Romo?  Her critiques were really not some great sage wisdom.   Melissa Rycroft was a DCC for 2 years.  Her second year of training camp she got so much grief for having mono.  She's been through this, she knows what Judi and Kelli want but what does Candace know.  I will always be a huge Melissa fan.  i loved her personality when she was a DCC and she rocked Dancing with the Stars both times and won the second time.  She gives great pointers on showmanship and she's approachable.  

The cuts we could all see coming.  I am still waiting on the "you've gained weight comments" to the vets just because we see it every season.  The vets who clearly have gained weight, Jennifer, Melissa, and Megan are all great dancers and they will keep them but let's be fair.  We have seen comments on the rookies bodies might as well hold the vets to the same standard.  I have always thought they got to critical with the girls but it's time to call them out

And I don't know why they can't have more than 36.  I remember a year of 39.  Although once again, I am not a big fan of Yuko and they are too in love with her "story" than her.  The day with Melissa and Jinelle she was better but how the heck is Yuko who speaks no to little English going to go out and represent the Cowboys when she cannot communicate to the fans.  Also, her dance is still inconsistent.

11 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I'm not a fan of Candace Romo being on.  What does she have to do with Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders but for marrying Tony Romo?  Her critiques were really not some great sage wisdom.   

Candace Romo used to do pageants, correct?  Was dancing her talent?  I guess that could make her qualified to judge.  Or maybe they look to her for her opinion on what the fans would like, because I'm sure the average fan would have no idea about "placement" or "marking"....hell I certainly have no idea what these thing even mean, let alone the ability to know if what they do is "technically" correct.  Plus, I don't see how she is any less qualified than that nasty woman who insulted Kat.

On October 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, I do not think we should be blaming Kelli and Judy for bringing in more girls into TC. I think CMT, Charlotte, Jerry Jones and a few other outsiders have a major say so in the matter. You can tell there are girls Kelli and Judy do not care at all, but they still make it into TC. Girls like Ashley Pro, Morgan, Kaitlyn from Season 8 make the team, but I am not really buying into Kelli's I think these girls have potential and can turn out to be great performers by the end of the season. Does she really believe what she is saying or is someone behind the scenes making her take these girls in. Look at this season. There are girls Judy wants to have a chance of making the team, but obviously her wants are not being listen to. You can tell she was not happy about Ashley P or Morgan making the team.

OMG, I typed a whole long thing and I don't think it posted.  Maybe you were all meant to be spared my critique, just never Kelli's....lol.

I totally agree with above.  I think 50 yard line Kelsey? Is that her name? Was a Charlotte preference because of her look and some of the male judges.  I remember I was really harshing on her previous seasons because she did not prepare for the interview, but she has won me over this year.  I think Kelli is rude in her comments because Kelsey is not her selection/preference and I wonder if she is trying to get her to crack or get her digs in.to justify cutting her.  Very passive aggressive on Kelli's part if that is the case, but I do wonder.  I think Kelsey has handled the pressure and the odd bacon feedback really well.  No problem Kelsey, just have crisp movements, you can do it.  You will be sizzling on the field and a great rep of the brand.

• Love 3

I really like Yuko, but I do find it interesting they are working with her visa status and seem to be allowing some leniency compared to other girls.  The staying with a former DCC of such stature seems unusual and makes me think there is more going on here than we are aware.  I think she has a real spark for dancing and is entertaining to watch but I am not certain how they feel she "passed" the interview if she is having an interpreter come to her classes.

Kelli Pickler had a recent show where she and her husband went to Tokyo and it did not appear to me this was a locale that was on their lifelong bucket list... It was a little bit fish out of water story over there.  So, I wonder if CMT is trying to bring itself to the Japanese market and there is some crossover branding going on.  Maybe they have a Japanese girl trying out so she creates buzz and copy over in Japan about her experience trying for DCC to open a new market of viewers to CMT or country DCC MTT or something.  Not sure, but if it was a CMT branding thing I could see DCC wanting to place Yuko in an established home during production.

18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Candace is a hoot, and her input is actually understandable and useful - not crispy bacon pastel puppy blender arms. I hope they keep her.

I agree.  She seemed to have good comments about style, and some others.  I think she is a lovely lady and a person you would want to see associated with the Dallas Cowboys brand.  I enjoyed her, I felt she had something to contribute and hope they keep her.

• Love 2
On October 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM, TiaGrace said:

What I do find super odd is the fact that Kelli handed Kyndall, her own fitted finished blinged out uniform at fittings. Had Kelli ever done that before? Anyone in Kyndall's camp would have thought, wow this is it. I'm golden and this finished uniform is my ticket. And I couldn't blame anyone for thinking that way. 

I do think they meant it as encouragement.  I do think she was a last minute cut where the uniform was already done and then they decided to cut her last minute.  I think handing her a finished product was just to say, you are back.. We wanted you back...etc.  I remember them calling Alex into the office and saying she was so much better than the last year and to not be nervous in TCC the second time... And I think this is what they meant by the uniform.  

I like Kyndall.  I think she has a great figure and her hair is great for the humidity and 4 quarters of a football game.  I am routing for her, but I do not see her getting more powerful.  I always say I saw a difference in Alex from the year she got cut and the year she came back.  I think Kyndall seems sort of the same.  So, we will see. 

• Love 2

I may be in the minority, but I liked Melissa R with the vet (was it Megan?) going over dance moves and deficiencies.  I like her and think she does add a human perspective and interaction that Kelli taking notes into a recorder can not provide.  I remember on an old episode Danielle saying she was trying to be fun and show her personality to Kelli during fittings because it was her one shot at interacting with her one-on-one.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mardo4 said:

I may be in the minority, but I liked Melissa R with the vet (was it Megan?) going over dance moves and deficiencies.  I like her and think she does add a human perspective and interaction that Kelli taking notes into a recorder can not provide.  I remember on an old episode Danielle saying she was trying to be fun and show her personality to Kelli during fittings because it was her one shot at interacting with her one-on-one.

Me too!  I like to watch them practice. It is important to have that type of feedback. It should've stayed in the show.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mardo4 said:

I actually like Melissa R during these segments, too. She was useful. The whole chit chat, big sister, coffee shop crap is useless and boring and fake. If she's an awesome dancer, show her correcting dance issues.

I know they want to present the girls as well-rounded, but seriously, we've been harping for years that we just want to see dance. Show more dance. Less Belk, less fitness, less etiquette (that has been gone a while), less fake team bonding, less manufactured sob stories. More dancing and more dancing and more dance with a little bit about their jobs/careers/studies and more dancing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know they want to present the girls as well-rounded, but seriously, we've been harping for years that we just want to see dance. Show more dance. Less Belk, less fitness, less etiquette (that has been gone a while), less fake team bonding, less manufactured sob stories. More dancing and more dancing and more dance with a little bit about their jobs/careers/studies and more dancing.

I think after all these years we are getting what we are getting.  I don’t think we will ever see as much dance and everyone on this board is asking for.  This is a reality show about making a team.  They are going to/need to introduce who trying to make the team. 

• Love 3
On 10/12/2016 at 5:21 PM, PBSLover said:

I think it is interesting about the MelRy Dancing with the Stars comments. MelRy said it once, because someone asked her, that DCC training camp was much harder than DWTS and the DCC camp is what made her successful in her next careers. I think that is something that is swept under the carpet.  Kelli, in her introductions of MelRy, seems to emphasize the DSTW aspect of her success.  Her success is because of the DCC.  But maybe I am missing the point  of why Kelli is always pushing this.  

Sorry if off topic. 

While I think it's true that Melissa's success is a result of the DCC, I think it was just a launching pad. It wasn't what made her famous (outside of DCC fans). The Bachelor put her out there, but DWTS is what really gave her a "career" and where she made a name for herself. That's why Kelli brings it up. She's trying to bring those fans of DWTS of Melissa's to MTT. 

1 minute ago, sugarplum said:

While I think it's true that Melissa's success is a result of the DCC, I think it was just a launching pad. It wasn't what made her famous (outside of DCC fans). The Bachelor put her out there, but DWTS is what really gave her a "career" and where she made a name for herself. That's why Kelli brings it up. She's trying to bring those fans of DWTS of Melissa's to MTT. 

Funny enough, I never got that.  And for years, if you read her career on IMDB, MTT was not listed on her credits.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

I think after all these years we are getting what we are getting.  I don’t think we will ever see as much dance and everyone on this board is asking for.  This is a reality show about making a team.  They are going to/need to introduce who trying to make the team. 

Good point, and we're a small, but dedicated fan base. I know Belk, etc., and other sponsors integrated in are not going to go away, because so many people either record and forward thru commercials, or just watch on youtube, etc. with no commercials. 

They can still just show the rookie candidates dancing more - learning new routines, blocking, technique class, solos, show group auditions, etc., and skip all the Melissa BFF sessions.

I really liked Melissa Rycroft ever since the Final Rose debacle. She carried herself well. As she was getting more exposure on TV, I thought she was articulate and competent in front of the camera and as a host. She never came off as a dingbat to me. It's often said by others they wish a former vet would be the mentor instead of her, but I don't think anyone would be as comfortable or have that professional presence in front of the camera as Melissa does when it comes to speaking. Maybe Brooke Sorenson? Otherwise I could see how beneficial the 2 segments with Melissa were since they got some extra practice with Megan and extra critique. I understand that Kyndall has not spoken about why she chose not to attend, and from past post it was said she had a legitimate excuse, but my initial thought would be why would you say no to extra help?

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, bigskygirl said:

Really Melissa the Mentor...You have to remind us how hard DWTS was compared to being a DCC. I do not blame Kyndall for not wanting anything to do with this. It is a very sad state of DCC affairs if a girl gets cut in part due to the fact she did not show up to a badly script practice scene with a former DCC and current DCC.

Can someone explain please?  I must have totally missed this.  What episode?

57 minutes ago, cheerbear said:

Can someone explain please?  I must have totally missed this.  What episode?

It was a deleted scene from last week's episode

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Wow this was pretty good.  Megan didn't come across so nice during this clip.  Such a shame - for some reason I had assumed she would be nice like the other stellar dancers (eg, Jenn K., Holly, Hannah and Melissa) seem to be.

I thought Megan came across just fine.  MUCH nicer, IMO, than when Loren did a training session (I think it was last season).  Of course it was probably an editing thing with Loren, I've seen a few Twitter comments about how nice & how patient she is with teaching dance.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I thought Megan came across just fine.  MUCH nicer, IMO, than when Loren did a training session (I think it was last season).  Of course it was probably an editing thing with Loren, I've seen a few Twitter comments about how nice & how patient she is with teaching dance.

I think Megan and Loren both came across fine. Both were direct and informed of mistakes/flaws, both demonstrated corrections. Neither yelled, demeaned, grabbed, intimidated or anything negative. 

• Love 1

This was one of the best clips of Melissa working with TCCs, in my opinion.  Interesting to learn that Tess was a "struggler" and "on the bubble," since she's hardly been shown or mentioned this season, aside from Kitty telling her she needs to get lower into her plies bc she's tall.  I thought Megan & Melissa's feedback for Kelsey was good, and practical.  You can see the persistence of Emily's pigeon toe issues when they showed her placing her left foot in slow motion for a pirouette.  So incredibly turned in.  If she wants to be a DCC, that young lady needs to take ballet classes like 3 times a week for the next year, just to have a shot.  She seems sweet, but I've been over her from rehearsal one of her first year.  I think Kyndall should have gone, too, for the reasons posted above.  She might have learned something useful, and at the very least, gotten another much-needed chance to rehearse full-out and see what it takes to match up with a solid vet.  Kyndall is pretty, seems sweet, and is a good dancer, but she makes lots of mistakes and is soft in a lot of her delivery.  If she lost her job, I don't see having a great reason not to go. 

Spoiler

I doubt that skipping out on this is what got her cut, especially now that I've seen her last rehearsal, but it didn't help with 1) showing her willingness to work hard to be game ready, or 2) showing that she's a team player. I doubt this one rehearsal would have saved her. 

• Love 1

This is a week behind but I noticed in the "previously on" segment before the show starts in the finale, Kelli mention Tess as a struggler and I found it odd since we never saw any mention of her.  She is in this Melissa segment so now it makes sense! 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:29 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Megan and Loren both came across fine. Both were direct and informed of mistakes/flaws, both demonstrated corrections. Neither yelled, demeaned, grabbed, intimidated or anything negative. 

Like Kelli, Judy, and Kitty do.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, mardo4 said:

I do think they meant it as encouragement.  I do think she was a last minute cut where the uniform was already done and then they decided to cut her last minute.  I think handing her a finished product was just to say, you are back.. We wanted you back...etc.  I remember them calling Alex into the office and saying she was so much better than the last year and to not be nervous in TCC the second time... And I think this is what they meant by the uniform.  

I like Kyndall.  I think she has a great figure and her hair is great for the humidity and 4 quarters of a football game.  I am routing for her, but I do not see her getting more powerful.  I always say I saw a difference in Alex from the year she got cut and the year she came back.  I think Kyndall seems sort of the same.  So, we will see. 

Didn't Kelli hand Brittney Schram her fitted uniform from the previous year?  And I think Natalie, Candace Carr, Courteney Cook and Alex if I remember right. 

40 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't Kelli hand Brittney Schram her fitted uniform from the previous year?  And I think Natalie, Candace Carr, Courteney Cook and Alex if I remember right. 

Probably was the same with Meagan Flaherty.  Did Courtney make as far as the cameo shoot or was she cut before that? 

How about about Kalli Fullerton?  Did she try on the same one (in 2011) that she was fitted for back in 2006? I think Kelli said something about her growing in 5 years and needed a new one. I think Kalli was only 19 when she first auditioned.

Edited by MrsEVH
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

That's also why I think Melissa makes a good mentor.  She can be direct and very thorough about the mistakes.  I remember when Jennifer was trying to explain the proper "booty pop" and Melissa stepped in to give a more detailed description. 

Kelli and Judy need to do more of the "shut the car door" or "peel the banana" kind of descriptions to the girls.  They can be too vague, but then again, if the group leaders and seconds run most practices, I can understand why.