Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Rehearsals With the Stars

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I know my opinion of Yuko is in the minority. But until I see her dance next week, I'm not ready to brand her as someone who really got extra-special treatment just yet. 

As I recall from Shelly, Yuko only missed one practice, and it was cleared by K&J ahead of time. The Minschew sisters withdrew from training camp of their own accord, not because they were asked to leave. And Lacey had already been accused of being "mannequin-like, plastic, snotty" (a classic Kelli moment). Kaitlin L missed a practice, followed it up with bad dancing then wore the wrong outfit to practice. It was clear something was going on in her life that she needed to deal with.

If I see Yuko dancing badly next episode, then I will be the first to jump into the Special Treatment camp. 

I felt bad for Kyndall because it looked like she was falling apart and knew it. And once you're "in your head", we've seen how hard it is to get out. 

It was so strange seeing Judi say she wished they could keep all 40! That totally floored me. Usually she seems quite prepared to "cut on your gut" and just do it.

So is Kelsey the Baconator now? I love bacon so I can't wrap my mind around it being a bad thing. She took it quite graciously.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, healthnut said:

They mentioned using Yuko as an alternate, I've seen every season, I don't think they've ever had an alternate before, I know all stars are sometimes brought in for blocking purposes when they have injuries during the season, so is that how they would use Yuko? Interesting...

How many times have they had a rookie or vet get injured in the last wk or even final rehearsal of TC and taken them anyway?  I remember when Angela pulled a muscle or something and still performed pregame home opener but she was already a vet.  Didn't Brooke S get hurt at the end of her rookie TC and they took her anyway?  I know that's not the same as Yuko because she's certainly missed learning a lot of dances by being gone.

9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I personally think it's her hips and legs that are the biggest problem w/ being turned in - her feet are just coming along for the ride cause her legs are so turned in.   I think her feet issues are more of a symptom, than the root cause of her problem.

Yes!  It is totally her hips and then her knees.  The intoeing was even noticeable when she was walking out of the office. 

I can't get over Brennan's eyes.  There was one extended close up of her and she really seemed cross-eyed.  

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How many times have they had a rookie or vet get injured in the last wk or even final rehearsal of TC and taken them anyway?  I remember when Angela pulled a muscle or something and still performed pregame home opener but she was already a vet.  Didn't Brooke S get hurt at the end of her rookie TC and they took her anyway?  I know that's not the same as Yuko because she's certainly missed learning a lot of dances by being gone.

Brooke was injured her second year in TC. I believe it was a Show Group practice, and someone went into the jump split too early or too late, and Brooke ended up injuring her knee and needing surgery. She came back around late October or November to perform with the whole team again.

29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Brooke was injured her second year in TC. I believe it was a Show Group practice, and someone went into the jump split too early or too late, and Brooke ended up injuring her knee and needing surgery. She came back around late October or November to perform with the whole team again.

@bigskygirl do you think you could find the episode on CMT.com? I know it didn't happen on camera.  K mentioned it at the beginning of a rehearsal.  If I look I'll just wind up getting irritated @ the site LOL

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Yuko missed exactly one rehearsal (according to Shelly) so she missed learning the field entrance, which is certainly critical. But it didn't look like they learned any new dances that night (which is what we saw in last night's episode).

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Yes, that was her.

I had no idea Meghan Flarety passed away and I'm sorry to hear that as she was a feisty person who seemed to want a lot out of life. 

I agree that Judy seemed sad about cuts. I don't think that's ever happened.

I own every available season on my kindle and I've been doing a watch of all the seasons.

this year it seems that the veteran cuts were smart because the dancers are really good. But what about other years? I bet there are cuts of veterans and candidates they have made that they regret.

The show format is repetitive but I don't mind watching them over and over again. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it possible that Emily physically cannot fix her pigeon toes or whatever it's called?  Or is it something that she can fix/change?  Just curious bc they knew this was an issue last year.  So, if it's something that honestly cannot be controlled, either like it and get over it, Kelli.  Or don't give her a second chance bc it's physically impossible.

I think the last time Emily was in training camp they weren’t even looking at her feet. Her crazy eyes were the problem. 

• Love 3

Can I just say that they brought too many girls into training camp and to watch Kelli scrambling last night, (not really) to cut six girls seems kind of dumb to me.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1

As much as we've seen 'nice' K&J this season, it is completely puzzling why they continue to make unnecessary snooty comments with Kelsey. It could come down to editing, but we've seen others receive constructive criticism whereas Kelsey gets reminded of her 50 yard blunder and compared to Chewy. Bacon.

REALLY?! Seriously K&J, cut it out. You're nice ladies, you've shown that with other girls. This pick on Kelsey game is annoying and giving you a bad light.

The forced CMT celebs are annoying. I want to see dancing, not an interview with Kellie/Kasey - and this is coming from someone who doesn't hate them. It just doesn't translate having singers critique dancers as they probably imagined it would. 

I was actually pleased with Emily this episode. Prior to this she always bugged me, but I'm glad they showed a more positive path for her in the end. I do hope she comes back and makes it. She's got great power! 

Glad Allie got a shoutout. I know people are here and there with her, but she's got a babyface that I think is adorable, kind of reminds me of Kelsey Reich in a way (though completely different personalities). 

I'm excited to see the team reveal next week. I'm always interested in how they announce it. One of my favorites was back in season 3...maybe 4(?) when she said "Look to your left, look to your right, look at yourselves in the mirror, etc... You're looking at our squad" I kind of have a feeling they'll stick with the projection board boring screensaver as always. :/  

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I had no idea Meghan Flarety passed away and I'm sorry to hear that as she was a feisty person who seemed to want a lot out of life. 

I agree that Judy seemed sad about cuts. I don't think that's ever happened.

I own every available season on my kindle and I've been doing a watch of all the seasons.

this year it seems that the veteran cuts were smart because the dancers are really good. But what about other years? I bet there are cuts of veterans and candidates they have made that they regret.

The show format is repetitive but I don't mind watching them over and over again. 

I had to smile because I'm the same way! I have Seasons 3-10 on iTunes. I have the original special only because my hubby burned it on a DVD for me. Season 2 used to be on the CMT site but my cable provider doesn't allow it. But the ones I have I watch over and over like you. 

• Love 1

I love Kelsey and I am glad she is taking it all in stride. She is not overly sensitive and i think that she seems like she is funny and would be a great teammate. 

I felt bad for Emily and I really love her. I want her to make it next year! They said nothing would make them happier, but also, another year? May not be worth it. Time will tell. 

I feel like i don't know the girls this year at all. I think that the segments they used to do with showing the apartments and the coffee shop meet ups were so much better than the D list celeb inspiration speeches. I don't know any of the new girls' backgrounds. 

• Love 4

Personally, I disliked the coffee big group meet ups (Melissa: Let's have girl talk! Blech), but I did like the couple vet-mentors-a-rookie sessions (Sunni & Angela, Brittany Schram & Ashley F) of seasons past. I always want to see more of the vets working rookies.  This season, I would have loved to see Lacey, Robin, or Jenna in particular helping coach a rookie or two.  It seems to me that's...part of the process of, you know, making the team--training rookies, building team dynamics, vets taking leadership roles, etc.  All season I've wondered which rookies are working with which vets, and I always want to see more of the group leaders at work.  What have Kelsey and Emily's leaders been telling them? What do their leaders think about their potential or strengths? I thought about this stuff a good bit while watching this last episode.  Inquiring minds (or at least mine!) want to know.

I agree with the poster above that I don't feel like I know much about the rookies, beyond some quick introductions in the first few episodes. Those intros, I thought, were promising in terms of what I thought was to come, but no, because there's almost no follow up, and we haven't had even the most basic intros to a few rookies.  Still, I'm glad that this season hasn't become the Maddie show. Or the Tasha show, which I wondered about since they introduced her immediately. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it possible that Emily physically cannot fix her pigeon toes or whatever it's called?  Or is it something that she can fix/change?  Just curious bc they knew this was an issue last year.  So, if it's something that honestly cannot be controlled, either like it and get over it, Kelli.  Or don't give her a second chance bc it's physically impossible.

If she is toeing in from the hip, then that is a physically problem that would be more long term to fix.  Know of someone who had this as a baby but it was significantly more pronounced.  The way to correct this was surgery but parents could bring themselves to do this.  As an adult she almost walks on top of her feet as they are so turned in.  So sad

I love Kelli Pickler, I don't know why, but she just struck me as genuinely sweet and folsky.  Candace Romo is beautiful and a great representative for the Cowboys, she can always sit in on any episode as far as I am concerned.  Kelsey is articulate and enjoyable whenever she is featured.  Selina may never be specifically featured, but as my favorite TCC this year (after she was cut on the final day of TC last year), MTT has done a good job of at least including her in many scenes this season. 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Can I just say that they brought too many girls into training camp and to watch Kelli scrambling last night, (not really) to cut six girls seems kind of dumb to me.

Yes - this!!!  They bring in 47 (or whatever it was) people knowing full well they will need to cut 10+ of them - then they find themselves in the uncomfortable delimma of having to cut people who have worked their butt off for 7 weeks and really are doing a good enough job to make the team, but they still got to cut people!   It's their own fault - but I guess that's part of the show.   Without the show you'd hope they'd take in a lot less and really only cut people who truly aren't up to par.

When you're sitting there trying to figure out who to get rid of among a group of girls who you like and want on the squad - that shows just how cruel and ridiculous the whole system is.

• Love 1

I don't remember them cutting 10 girls in previous seasons. Seems more like anywhere between 4- 6 instead.

RE Brooke in the squad photo: She was placed in the 3rd row on the end so they could hide the cast on her left leg. She probably couldn't stand on a box in the back rows or obviously sit down.

It was season 2 (2007) where the team was announced with Kelli saying look to you left, right, and forward.  That was the year Natalie and Candace made it after being cut the previous season. They also took Kelli Jo and Loni and had a squad of 39. Posters speculated it probably was because of Brooke being injured.

I agree with the poster who said the 1st time Emily was in TC they weren't concerned with her feet, just her eyes. She was cut before they did the field entrance so that was her first time doing it this year.

In my opinion, I do not think we should be blaming Kelli and Judy for bringing in more girls into TC. I think CMT, Charlotte, Jerry Jones and a few other outsiders have a major say so in the matter. You can tell there are girls Kelli and Judy do not care at all, but they still make it into TC. Girls like Ashley Pro, Morgan, Kaitlyn from Season 8 make the team, but I am not really buying into Kelli's I think these girls have potential and can turn out to be great performers by the end of the season. Does she really believe what she is saying or is someone behind the scenes making her take these girls in. Look at this season. There are girls Judy wants to have a chance of making the team, but obviously her wants are not being listen to. You can tell she was not happy about Ashley P or Morgan making the team.

I have honestly never, ever, ever, in my whole life, been in any situation where there hasn't been some nepotism. Doesn't matter if it is public school, college, private workplaces, public sector/government, sports teams, dance recitals, charity boards, church - EVERYTHING has some element of 'oh, that's so and so's daughter's cousin's dog walker's hair dresser's former roommate's baby cousin's ex husbands step father in law'. There's ALWAYS someone who may not be 100% qualified, but they squeak in with all the legit applicants.

Same rings true for DCC. I don't know how it was before the show, but no matter how much they deny it, since the show started, there's always been a girl or two who is not quite up to par. Always. Every season. Some improve a lot and make it back (Jordan Chanley, Caila for at least one more year), some are cut the next year (Ashley Pro, Morgan, Breelan, etc.), some take their one year and resign (Loni).

This year I seriously think you could flip a coin and put Auto Amy, Kyndall, Emily, Kelsey and maybe Madeline on the team.

37 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

My new nickname for Kelsey is "Sizzlean" (those of you who were alive in the 70s & 80s will remember that brand of bacon :)  #TeamBacon!

I remember it.. Wasn't that fake bacon?

• Love 1

Also - I actually like Kelli Pickler this episode. When she drops the Idiot Country Bumpkin act, she's very likeable. She also gave better insight and critiques than even Kelli and Judy usually do, and Pickler was pretty good at calling out what was wrong.

I don't think Emily can do anything about her turned in feet.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

My new nickname for Kelsey is "Sizzlean" (those of you who were alive in the 70s & 80s will remember that brand of bacon :)  #TeamBacon!

Omg I am cracking up! Definitely #TeamBacon!

• Love 4

All I could think when I saw Emily's reaction to being cut was "what a sweet, beautiful girl."  She was so gracious and she did work so hard and I hope she comes back and rocks it if that's what she wants.  I know Kelli said Mandy had a smile for the stadium during finals, but I think Emily's could light it up too.  She's just lovely.

Also loved Sheridan and Brennan....they had such beautiful positive attitudes and I will be rooting for them too in the coming year.

Kelli Pickler didn't annoy me anywhere near as much as I thought she was going to.  Agree with previous posters that she would be fun to drink tequila with though.

Finally, I kind of wish I could be best friends with Kelsey.  She seems like she is just hilarious, down-to-earth, and gracious in the face of intense pressure, and the people here who know her all say she's a sweet girl.  It's nice to be able to root for someone with those qualities and I'm so happy for her with how well she has done #TeamBacon

• Love 6

I normally find Kellie Pickler obnoxious, and in order for anyone to make me watch her reality show, they would have to strap me to a chair with a device to keep my eyes open while constantly applying eye drops ala "A Clockwork Orange." HOWEVER, I thought she was actually kind of cute, funny, and insightful (for her anyway) on MTT. Very surprising to me, because I was prepared for the worst. Kelli's bacon metaphor to Kelsey had me face palming and thinking it was maybe the dumbest shit she's ever said in eleven seasons, but what saved that moment for me was Kellie Pickler hiding her face behind her papers and being generally baffled by the comment.

I loved Kelsey's response of, "I like mine somewhere in between." Girl, you and me both.

• Love 9

Kellie picklers advice to never be complacent seemed genuine, like she has been through enough to have earned the right to give that advice. I liked her here where she was showing that you have to be tough and stay working to be on top. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, rose711 said:

Kellie picklers advice to never be complacent seemed genuine, like she has been through enough to have earned the right to give that advice. I liked her here where she was showing that you have to be tough and stay working to be on top. 

I agree that Kelli Pickler's advice and observations were insightful, though delivered with a bit of southern exaggeration.  I didn't know much about her, but I loved her as a guest.

Kelli Finglass looks so pretty this season, she has lost some weight and her face is just beautiful.  Judy always looks beautiful also.  They are the gold standard for ageing (British spelling) well.

• Love 4
On October 7, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Dccfanatic said:

I love Kelsey and I am glad she is taking it all in stride. She is not overly sensitive and i think that she seems like she is funny and would be a great teammate. 

I felt bad for Emily and I really love her. I want her to make it next year! They said nothing would make them happier, but also, another year? May not be worth it. Time will tell. 

I feel like i don't know the girls this year at all. I think that the segments they used to do with showing the apartments and the coffee shop meet ups were so much better than the D list celeb inspiration speeches. I don't know any of the new girls' backgrounds. 

Yeah, remember that Britney Schram was cut very late in her first TC and Sydney Durso really struggled (but wasn't cut) in her first TC?? Someone needs to remind these girls about that, and to just go forward and work hard for the next year!! Like Madeline did and look at her now!! 

• Love 4

I can't believe how late the iTunes upload was - but finally ?

Kelsey is ADORABLE. I love her for her poise in the face of the bizarre bacon critique.

Emily totally solved her crazy eyes issue IMO, and I hope she works on her feet and comes back. She's so beautiful and seems like a lovely person.

It sounds like Yuko missed more than one practice. There's def more than meets the eye on her inclusion on the team; I've got no prob with it, I wish it was shown though because that'd be interesting. 

i forgot to watch for the vets heaviness; I wasn't paying enough attention. Which scenes were bad? 

• Love 1

Did anyone else see the deleted scene on FB? It was another Melissa mentoring session with vet Megan running the practice.

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that must be the infamous practice that Kyndall didn't attend...

That's what I was thinking!

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Now that i see that Megan was the vet leading that practice, it makes more sense why she would call Kyndall out on it.  

The whole practice itself was kind of stupid, I see why they cut it out of the episode this week.

16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The whole practice itself was kind of stupid, I see why they cut it out of the episode this week.

Oh I agree, I just meant I can see why it would bother Megan that someone didn't show up to the practice SHE helped lead.  It was just basically fluff we knew already. 

I finally got to see it, too. The actual bacon comments were even weirder than I thought they'd be. And they wonder why Yuko isn't understanding all their critiques.

I think it was kind of mean of them to keep Emily one more day when they flat out said it takes years to fix turnout. 

57 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Now that i see that Megan was the vet leading that practice, it makes more sense why she would call Kyndall out on it.  

I agree. Also I liked Kyndall last year and think she should have made the team, but this year there's something off about her to me. Maybe it's the edit or maybe she was just more down because of losing her job, but doesn't seem to have the same spark.

• Love 6

Really Melissa the Mentor...You have to remind us how hard DWTS was compared to being a DCC. I do not blame Kyndall for not wanting anything to do with this. It is a very sad state of DCC affairs if a girl gets cut in part due to the fact she did not show up to a badly script practice scene with a former DCC and current DCC.

I just watched it, and thought it was very good. It wasn't a koffee klatsch, and it wasn't 'Mom and Dad"...they danced.  I liked the comparison between Megan and the girls, so we could see where the mistakes were. I think it should have been added, for nothing else than showing their dance . 

Ok, Melissa, just don't bring up DWTS so much.  Easy fix. 

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-ep-1107-deleted-scene-1/1558488/video/#id=1740064

Edited by Dopeydwarf
added link
  • Love 1

Melissa Rycroft was on DWTS? Who knew? *eyeroll and barf*

I like Melissa/Megan sessions. I think they're far more useful than Crispy Bacon techniques. Admitted, I'm a chewy bacon fan myself, but seriously.

Kyndall was naive or stupid to not attend anythjng and everything offered, even if they aid it was optional. Nothing is optional. If you're struggling and hey offer Jay, Kitty, Melissa, fit foods, or anything else TAKE IT. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I like Melissa/Megan sessions. I think they're far more useful than Crispy Bacon techniques. Admitted, I'm a chewy bacon fan myself, but seriously.

Kyndall was naive or stupid to not attend anythjng and everything offered, even if they aid it was optional. Nothing is optional. If you're struggling and hey offer Jay, Kitty, Melissa, fit foods, or anything else TAKE IT. 

Same, chewy bacon for life. I commented on Kelsey's instagram the other day with that lol 

I'm not sure what I would do in that instance. I guess I'd be a good little girl and go to the mentoring session and do my best, but think it was dumb in my mind the whole time.

ok not gonna lie ... I love Madeline's story and think she's as cute as a button especially relative to the goth look last year BUT I don't think she's all that as a dancer.  I was surprised when they highlighted her finals solo and her technique wasn't all that.  She's not a Megan or Melissa when it comes to dance with the amazing technique.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I would have shown up with a fake smile on my face, prepared to say anything that would make me look good, and pretended to be grateful Melissa was willing to work with me. After the fake scripted session, I would have went to a former DCC or someone like Jenna or Erica  for help. I also call bs Judy was the one who suggested the girls. I bet CMT was calling the shots on which girls were suppose to be there.

I am not spoiled to who actually makes the team that being said, I know lots of people like Amy but she just isn't doing it for me and her kicks are below par compared to some of the others. 

I liked the red dress Kelli had on in some of the TH's. Wish I had the boobs to fill out a dress like that.

Another shallow observation, do not know how much Tony Romo makes but did anyone else catch a glimpse of Candace's wedding rock. I mean boulder!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Another shallow observation, do not know how much Tony Romo makes but did anyone else catch a glimpse of Candace's wedding rock. I mean boulder!

Enough to easily afford it!

• Love 2