Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Rehearsals With the Stars

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kellie Pickler comes to a rehearsal to share her experience and motivate the girls as training camp comes to an end; Melissa Rycroft makes Kelsey aware of a big mistake; Candice Romo helps with a big night of cuts.

Damn that stadium is huge. I've been there once and it was amazing. 

Candace  is back! She's so pretty. 

So did  Khalen  get cut or not?  I couldn't tell. 

That green dress Kelli had on in the beginning gave her a spectacular body. 

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 2

I was amazed this episode and not in a good way.  What was with the Kelli Pickler scenes?  It was like it was the Kelli Pickler show!  I dont watch this show to see her  and hear words of wisdom.  For me this has been such an unlikable season.  It has been enough already with other celebrities coming in. Candace Romo is an absolute doll and I really like her but the others have been an annoyance.  I want to see dancing and some of the lives of the girls. 

Khalen really impressed me this episode.  I loved how she said she was raised to be humble.  I love this trait in people!  So much more likable than "I deserve this" attitude.

Edited by missmansfield
Misspelled word
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ninamags said:

So did  the the last girl get cut or not?  

No Khalyn wasn't cut she was told to smile more! 

This episode was awesome! I really enjoyed it! I haven't been rooting for Emily Roslyn up until tonight! I almost felt bad for her.  I thought Kelli was going to mutilate her, but she told her she should make this team in the future! 

I really hope all of the cut girls near the end return! Brennan has so much potential!

Candice Romo returning was cool.  As a judge in auditions, it's no surprise she was invited into the office for comments on the white board.  

*side note- this was the 2nd week I have noticed those awful uneven lines and squiggles on the white board! I can't... it had my anxiety kicking in hardcore! 

• Love 2

I was all set to not like Kelli Pickler but ended up thinking she helped the girls with her pep talk.  I could see some correlation between her career and the career of a DCC--there is always someone waiting who has the potential to be better so you better give it all you can at every performance.

Loved the green dress on KF.  Loved how encouraging she was to even those who had to be cut.  I hope Emily tries out next year.  For the life of me I couldn't see her feet being any different going across the line than the rest of them but I am not a dancer.

Interesting how Madeleine just took the critiques and ran with them.  She hasn't been called out in a bad way one time I don't think.  I guess Tasha was there but never even thought of her tonight.

So I guess it is all good with me tonight.

• Love 5

Kelli Pickler annoyed me - what was up w/ her eyelashes? They looked odd for some reason. 

I liked how Kelli was saying that stuff about how turnout takes years to develop w/ ballet - at least she knows that.   Emily did stand out like a sore thumb doing the walk out onto the field.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

I wasn't too happy when I realized that K. Pickler was on, but I thought the comments she made to both the girls and K&J were very good.  (except for the strong, invincible stuff)   Saw a bit of business person there.

• Love 4

Lord help me I actually liked Kelli Pickler so much tonight. I thought she made great parallels to her own career and the TCC could actually identify with her. 

Love Candace Romo too - I hope she's a permanent fixture, but that all depends on the hubs and if he gets traded, stays as backup, gets his spot back, becomes a full time QB coach...who knows? 

I was ready for a four cut carnage like last year. No mercy, ladies! No mercy!

• Love 3

I hope Yuko gets back in time. She is under so much more pressure than the other girls and I'm hoping she makes it. 

I liked the positive attitude of the girls that were cut. I remember a season where two girls lashed out at them when they were cut and it was unpleasant. One girl had been there 3 times?  She told Kelly she didn't have a heart. 

The other girl had weight issues and Judy had fought for her because she was a good dancer, but the girl said she would have rather not been in training camp to get cut late- she would have rather not made training camp.

i thought these girls handled themselves well. 

• Love 1

The only thing I have to say about this episode is Kelli Pickler is singlehandedly the most annoying guest they've ever had on this show, or any show in the history of the world. I cannot adequately express how completely awful she was on the show tonight. 

• Love 8

I have to politely disagree about Kelli's dress.  It was way too tight and she looked huge.  She's not a big person in real life so just no on this dress.  

This episode bored me.  I'm not a fan of the pseudo celebrity thing they are trying to do this season.  It's not working for me.  Go back to the heart of this show which is dancing, Kelli and Judy.    

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rose711 said:

I hope Yuko gets back in time. She is under so much more pressure than the other girls and I'm hoping she makes it. 

I liked the positive attitude of the girls that were cut. I remember a season where two girls lashed out at them when they were cut and it was unpleasant. One girl had been there 3 times?  She told Kelly she didn't have a heart. 

The other girl had weight issues and Judy had fought for her because she was a good dancer, but the girl said she would have rather not been in training camp to get cut late- she would have rather not made training camp.

i thought these girls handled themselves well. 

Was the three timer Meagan Flaherty, aka Julia Roberts, the one who passed away?

• Love 1

I love Kellie Pickler!  I thought her input was well recieved and it made sense! Some people on here pick on Pickler every week, (hehe) and their hatred for a person they don't know baffles me! That's your opinion though and I do respect it.  I just think we need a boost in positivity on this forum.  

• Love 8

Melissa Rycroft makes Kelsey aware of a big mistake

What? Did I fall asleep and miss a scene? 

Two other things:

1. Wow, Sheridan! You get the prize for most articulate and being a great sport cut scene ever! Well done. 

2. I suppose K. Pickler's words to the cheerleaders were worthwhile, but . . . . I guess my real problem is that I'm not THAT interested in the opinions of the guest stars who aren't dancers, and we seem to have had a lot of that this year. 

Edited by JanetLand
spelling
  • Love 9

Kelsey seems so approachable, and real to me. I just love her!

Pickler didn't bother me at all. I was preparing myself though because of all the negative talk about her on here. I LOL when she said they were "Lil peanuts" 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Me too?

I know right??? I asked my husband if he saw it and maybe I dozed off and missed a scene.

Maybe MR was supposed to be on but after  CMT read the boards and asked them  not show her they took her out but forgot to edit the description. 

• Love 3

I absolutely love Kelsey, she's so freaking hilarious. I like how she doesn't take anything to heart. Also, I prefer chewy bacon over crispy bacon, it's a German thing.

I love Sheridan and how well she handled that rejection. I feel bad for Emily, I don't think she'll ever make the team. 

Is it possible that Emily physically cannot fix her pigeon toes or whatever it's called?  Or is it something that she can fix/change?  Just curious bc they knew this was an issue last year.  So, if it's something that honestly cannot be controlled, either like it and get over it, Kelli.  Or don't give her a second chance bc it's physically impossible.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I really liked Sheridan.  I didn't think she deserved to get cut. 

Emily's speech pattern bugs the crap out of me.

She's kind of monotone and barely opens her mouth when she talks.

19 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it possible that Emily physically cannot fix her pigeon toes or whatever it's called?  Or is it something that she can fix/change?  Just curious bc they knew this was an issue last year.  So, if it's something that honestly cannot be controlled, either like it and get over it, Kelli.  Or don't give her a second chance bc it's physically impossible.

It's weird that they encouraged her to try out again, especially after acknowledging that her problems can't be easily fixed.

• Love 1

Liked this episode ok, but this late in the game, I want to see a lot more dancing, not endless across the field sloppiness and explaining to and from celebrity.  I was impressed that Kelly Pickler noticed Emily's sickled feet, but they're hard to miss.  I continue to marvel at Emily's lack of body awareness, or basic awareness of technique.  When she said of getting cut, "It's just my feet," I thought, Chile, you just may never get it.  "Just feet" isn't a comment that a serious danger would make, and suggests to me that, no matter what she says, Emily wasn't working that hard (or maybe just ineffectively) and wasn't taking classes outside of camp to work on the most basic fundamentals of dance.  Too bad she had lipstick (or something) on her tooth in what may be her final MTT scenes ever. 

Brennan seems likable, but just didn't have that DCC look or dance style. Sheridan seems a sweetheart and I hope she returns.  I'm indifferent about Brennan returning, because I don't find her attractive. But she's got good memory, seems smart and hard working, and maybe could be gussied up a bit more with better makeup. 

Loved that Robin got explicit props for just being awesome. Was shocked at how big Megan looked this week. I haven't really thought she looked nearly as heavy as folks were saying here, but when I caught a glimpse of her dancing behind a rookie, I thought, woah, who is THAT? And then I realized it was Megan. ? She looks like she's gained, not lost, weight during training camp. 

Spoiler

Didn't someone say that she didn't go to Oxnard with show group?  I can see why, sadly. But it seems she's gotten toned up and is back in uniform, so good for her! I'm a fan of hers. 

Love Khalyn and Jessika! Was glad to hear Judy say that she was having a hard time letting go of Amy. If Kyndall can't handle the choreography and performance "wow" after two training camps...not a good look.  

Dear editors:  I would like to get some real looks at their dancing in the final episode, please. Let me see if or how well Maggie, Heathers, Cersten, Khalyn, Selina, Tess, and Kelsey can boogie down! Enough talking and across the field entrances.  Oh, maybe even a vet or two working with the girls. Would have been nice to see something from rookie week, which I don't recall seeing since season 3.

• Love 7

Emily may be able to get her turnout issues controlled enough that's she'd be "just barely good enough" to make it.   If she were my friend, I would recommend she take a quality ballet class w/ lots of barre work at least 3 times a week - like a class that's 2 hours (or more) long each time.  She probably will never have "good" turnout cause of her age, but she could get it to where she doesn't stand out like a sore thumb doing the entrance.  The DCC seem to like her enough that she wouldn't need to be the best dancer to make it, so I think she could get there.

I personally think it's her hips and legs that are the biggest problem w/ being turned in - her feet are just coming along for the ride cause her legs are so turned in.   I think her feet issues are more of a symptom, than the root cause of her problem.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Emily is ballet trained. That's what baffles me about her awful technique.

Literally anyone w/ enough money for rent can open a dance studio and call a class "ballet".    She needed to find a better ballet program than whatever she was doing years ago.   She is a good performer and seems to be able to pick up the moves fine - so clearly she's had dance training, but whoever was teaching her ballet seriously failed her.

Private ballet lessons would be a good idea for her as well - not sure if she could afford those though, and it would be a big investment just to make a cheer team that pays next to squat ;), but maybe if it's a big dream of hers.

• Love 2

I'll say it. I love Kellie Pickler. Even at age 30, she manages to seem precocious.

I also loved Candice Romo saying what Kelli has been dancing around for several episodes: Kelsey is gorgeous. You're not going to cut her, even though Judy isn't thrilled with her technique. Duh.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Gillandherkittens said:

It's hard watching these girls get cut. How the h hell did Yuko get a free pass into week 8 when J and K were so picky with everyone else? Not fair!

I agree. Especially when others in past seasons got called out for commitments (Minchew sisters) and missing a TC practice (Kaitlin L).

• Love 3

I'm thinking the Minchew sisters were different. The one said her pageant was a Saturday or Sunday in November, and they said that could be a conflict with a Cowboys game, then they all seemed to agree they'd work it out if it came to that. The other one wanted a week off during camp, was told it cannot happen, to which she lied saying DCC camp was first priority. Then she left camp anyway. 

I think K&J were willing to work it out for small amounts of conflict for the right people-people who aren't lying to their faces for starters.

Edited by Bubbetv
  • Love 5

Just when I thought I had heard it all as regards to Kelli's comments to Kelsey, she goes and calls her bacon last night. Not even just bacon, but "greasy bacon." Kelsey never seems to let it get her down though. She's a stronger lady than I.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

Just when I thought I had heard it all as regards to Kelli's comments to Kelsey, she goes and calls her bacon last night. Not even just bacon, but "greasy bacon." Kelsey never seems to let it get her down though. She's a stronger lady than I.

Kelsey handles the constant criticism in a classy, humorous way.  I was ambivalent about her the past two years but she really turned me around this season.

• Love 14

Could the DCC organization get in trouble for continuing to employ Yuko for not having the correct visa?  That is to say, certainly it's her responsibility to obtain the right paperwork.  But I think it would have been a risk for them, if they wanted to select her for the team, to not let her do what she needs to do to GET the correct visa. 

Surprisingly, Kellie Pickler didn't bug me all that much last night!  I'm not sure she added much to the proceedings, but I found her inoffensive.  

And yet again this season, they have waited too long to teach the damn entrance.  Also, I'm not a dancer or a dance teacher, but maybe they should focus first on the feet (i.e., the right pace/stride to go 5 yards in 4 counts) and then do the arms and then put it together??

• Love 2

Kelli Pickler did not bug me too much. I think some of the things she said made sense. Khalyn reminds me a little of Alexandra who was cut in Season 9. All the talk about bacon makes me hungry for a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. The three girls who were cut took it well. Maybe one or all three will try out again. Interesting Judy wanted to keep more girls than Kelli did. No Melissa the Mentor scenes. Thank you CMT.

I enjoyed Kelli Pickler too. I thought she was cute, thoughtful, and encouraging. 

The crispy bacon comment has to be the least constructive criticism since you dance like a chicken.

Kelsey is a good sport.

i think sheridan is super cute and I hope she makes it next year.

i feel bad for Emily. As others have mentioned, it seems kind of unlikely that she can correct her feet without intensive training. 

Khalyn is gorgeous and I'm glad she stayed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gotta watch said:

Well you know what, Finglass? WE LOVE BACON 

Well Im a vegetarian but thats irrelevant, my point still stands 

• Love 10

Usually, if I miss an episode I'll wait for the rerun on Sunday night, but this week I couldn't stand it and I bought the episode on Amazon. I've kept myself unspoiled so I'm rooting so hard for Amy and Kelsea, I think if they were going to get cut they would have done it by now, especially Amy. Can't argue with any of the cuts. I think Brennan needs a stronger look more than anything. I enjoyed Kellie Pickler, but I also like Melissa, too. I was kind of surprised they brought Candice Romo back, although I like her fine. I would rather they bring in Brenda, I bet she would bring the fireworks!

They mentioned using Yuko as an alternate, I've seen every season, I don't think they've ever had an alternate before, I know all stars are sometimes brought in for blocking purposes when they have injuries during the season, so is that how they would use Yuko? Interesting...

1 minute ago, healthnut said:

They mentioned using Yuko as an alternate, I've seen every season, I don't think they've ever had an alternate before, I know all stars are sometimes brought in for blocking purposes when they have injuries during the season, so is that how they would use Yuko? Interesting...

Seems kind of dumb to take on a new girl as an alternate when you have the all stars for that purpose...weird.

Watching Sheridan in the office and all the talk about her blending in and being pastel, I would love to see her come back next year with red hair. It might be just the little boost she needs.

• Love 3