Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Love Boat

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

After the body of a navy lieutenant is discovered aboard a destroyer during a tiger cruise, when civilian guests are allowed to spend the night on the ship, Gibbs, Quinn and Palmer travel out to sea to investigate. Also, McGee contemplates the perfect proposal for Delilah Fielding.

I liked this episode although I can't explain why. Just enjoyed all the interaction, the side stories, and the overall feel. I did like the ending. Nice seeing the elevator being the scene for another life change. Missed you, elevator!

• Love 5

So, what mishap will befall McGee's wedding?

1. One of the team will be shot.
  2. One of the team will be kidnapped.
  3. One of the team will get in an accident on the way to the wedding.
  4. The entire wedding will be held hostage.
  5. Everyone gets food poisoning from some bad shrimp cocktail.
  6. McGee says Abby's name during the vows.

Vote today!

• Love 6

So, am I the only one who feels like I've been force-fed Quinn for the last hour?  I've decided I just don't like her, and having her at Gibbs side so much is annoying.  Especially when it leaves the rest of the team back at the office playing patty-cake over an engagement ring.  Next week seems to be about the new guy, so maybe there's hope.  But I'm getting more and more skeptical about the changes to what were my favorite Tuesday night shows.  I opted out of NCIS-NOLA after the first half-hour, and I was pretty put off by NCIS-Mothership.  And Bull? Didn't even bother tonight; couldn't take it after the first two episodes.  Sigh.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6

I still hate the new people. The guy especially irritated me when he was complaining about "typing" and it being a poor use of his "skill set". The woman wasn't quite as irritating but I still don't like her.

Honestly, I find myself watching Bull just for Michael Weatherly. He can definitely carry a show along - IMO he's the only good thing about it. I miss him on NCIS.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

So, am I the only one who feels like I've been force-fed Quinn for the last hour?  I've decided I just don't like her, and having her at Gibbs side so much is annoying.  Especially when it leaves the rest of the team back at the office playing patty-cake over an engagement ring.  Next week seems to be about the new guy, so maybe there's hope.  But I'm getting more and more skeptical about the changes to what were my favorite Tuesday night shows.  I opted out of NCIS-NOLA after the first half-hour, and I was pretty put off by NCIS-Mothership.  And Bull? Didn't even bother tonight; couldn't take it after the first two episodes.  Sigh.

You wrote it for me

• Love 1

I actually like the new squad better with each episode.

I like the "newbie" who is really an "oldie",

I like the "fish out of water" door buster learning to type and do paperwork

I like their interactions in the orange room--they seem to like and respect each other without all of the Tony/Kate, Tony/Ziva sexual tensions.

They give one of the oldest shows on television a shot of new blood...I think they'll do just fine.

• Love 15

Everything that UncleChuck said.

I also thought the show had a very nice "JAG" feeling when they were on the boat...er...ship.  Thumbs up to that.

Still like Quinn.

Want to see Torres do the tango.

Thought Mark Harmon looked exceptionally HOT in the leather jacket/sweater combo that Gibbs wore on the ship.  Mark is now an older man, but he still is one of the Sexiest Men Alive!

• Love 10

I liked the episode just fine. I like how the squad interacts and both Torres and Quinn learning new aspects of their role; I thought Torres complaining about the typing was amusing and I enjoyed seeing Quinn more in her element in this episode. 

McGee's initial proposal was appropriately geeky, but it got a bit dusty in my living room when he said fuck it and proposed in the elevator (appropriate for the show). But yes,  I find myself wondering what sort of tragedy will befall Tim and Delilah's wedding; someone keep an eye on Ducky! (Personally, I'm voting 1 or 3 from AimingforYoko's list.) Also, if Tony doesn't make an appearance for that, I'll be ticked! 

• Love 5

I'm liking Torres, but I'm not sold on Quinn at all. It's interesting that both the characters I am really not liking have that thick New York accent and manage to sound really bitchy all the time.

I actually would like it if Fornell somehow joins the team.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, catray said:

McGee's initial proposal was appropriately geeky, but it got a bit dusty in my living room when he said fuck it and proposed in the elevator (appropriate for the show). But yes,  I find myself wondering what sort of tragedy will befall Tim and Delilah's wedding; someone keep an eye on Ducky! (Personally, I'm voting 1 or 3 from AimingforYoko's list.) Also, if Tony doesn't make an appearance for that, I'll be ticked! 

This is the second year of the 2-year renewal that we received, so I'm guessing the wedding will take place during May sweeps.  A 15th year isn't guaranteed at this point.  Also, while tragedy for the wedding was likely the plan at the beginning of the season (banking on a renewal), I have to wonder if it's still the plan.  Gary Glasberg died, so I wonder if the writing team will be so willing to cast a pall on Delilah and McGee's happy day.  I know the season has to and will go on, but Gary put Delilah and McGee together.  The NCIS family has suffered a real-life tragedy.  They may not be in the mood to cause tragedy within the character family, however fictional it might be.

The episode was written before Gary's death, but the theme of not wasting time was certainly not lost on me, given what has happened.

Ratings: NCIS (CBS)1.7/7  14.48

TV By the Numbers

Edited by Ohmo
22 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Thought Mark Harmon looked exceptionally HOT in the leather jacket/sweater combo that Gibbs wore on the ship.  Mark is now an older man, but he still is one of the Sexiest Men Alive!

SECONDED. Shit, no offense to MTM, but can that man turn the world on with a smile or WHAT????  (I am not explaining this comment for the youngins - if you don't understand it, you won't understand it.)

I have a Blue Bloods-sized soft spot for JEsp so will continue to cut her some slack. I *do like that she's not afraid to talk back to Gibbs. Or even just bust him. Everyone else is so reverent. 

I will deny if asked, but I am loving WV. And I was dead set against him when it was announced. No one is more surprised than I. 

Is Ducky sick? Are they going down this road? DMc is in his 80s? He looks great. 

I want to see baby Victoria. And Bree (or whatever her name is. HA). 

Best nugget of the whole night for me? Ranger Bert is still on the scene!! (And I don't even like Abby, but I did like them together.)

McGee <hearts> Delilah. Loved all of it.  (And I freely admit that I just googled whether the Monument is handicap-accessible - it is! I haven't been there in years and all I remember is climbing a LOT of stairs. FYI: the elevator is currently closed for repairs - let's hope it's up and running in time for the sunset/nerdy planet alignment wedding you know is bound to happen there.)

FREE FORNELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Love 8
On 10/12/2016 at 9:25 AM, arieswriting said:

It's interesting that both the characters I am really not liking have that thick New York accent and manage to sound really bitchy all the time.

Who else has a New York accent? I admit I don't pay close attention to the accents, but no one's accent stands out to me (I didn't notice Quinn's either, I guess it didn't bother me.)

17 hours ago, betsyboo said:

SECONDED. Shit, no offense to MTM, but can that man turn the world on with a smile or WHAT????  (I am not explaining this comment for the youngins - if you don't understand it, you won't understand it.)

Not a youngin. Got it in one. She had the apartment of my dreams.

For a second I thought Torres was going to woo Delilah away when he turned up the charm to 10. I'm glad it didn't go that way.

• Love 4

Ditto to UncleChuck. I like the new team, tho I have to get used to there being so MANY of them (or so it seems.) No Ziva or echoes of Ziva or allusions to Ziva just makes me happy. And yes, thank you MH for being so darned attractive AND my age. A great - albeit rare - viewing experience. If anyone's counting, I'm in. 

• Love 6
On 10/12/2016 at 4:31 PM, Ohmo said:

This is the second year of the 2-year renewal that we received, so I'm guessing the wedding will take place during May sweeps.  A 15th year isn't guaranteed at this point.  Also, while tragedy for the wedding was likely the plan at the beginning of the season (banking on a renewal), I have to wonder if it's still the plan.  Gary Glasberg died, so I wonder if the writing team will be so willing to cast a pall on Delilah and McGee's happy day.  I know the season has to and will go on, but Gary put Delilah and McGee together.  The NCIS family has suffered a real-life tragedy.  They may not be in the mood to cause tragedy within the character family, however fictional it might be.

The episode was written before Gary's death, but the theme of not wasting time was certainly not lost on me, given what has happened.

TV By the Numbers

Actually this is the first year of the 2-year renewal; seasons 14 & 15 were ordered on Feb 29.

• Love 1