Type keyword(s) to search

Marriage Boot Camp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just so we're clear - - Heidi was molested 'a lot' as a child and the person she needs to forgive is her former BFF?? A'ight.

She was molested?  I listened twice and thought she said, "I was lost a lot", and thought that sounded so strange.  Her father was recently arrested for molesting a thirteen year old.  I wonder if he was her abuser.

Just so we're clear - - Heidi was molested 'a lot' as a child and the person she needs to forgive is her former BFF?? A'ight.

Heidi and Spencer are two of the most vapid soulless beings on Earth.  After hearing their sob stories about molestation and daddy not being proud of me, these two wing nuts need to take a forgiveness 'journey' to forgive REALITY TV non-entities? 

At the end of the day its all about their egos being stroked 24-7 and if that "need isn't being met" (TM- hack therapists), then they lash out.  This couple needs much more than televised faux therapy if they want to bring children into this world. Kids need to be the center of attention at least 50% of their time.  I don't think it's possible for these idiots.  Once Baby Speidi outgrows its Louis Vuitton pet carrier bag, I think they'll have no concept how to parent,  If they remain childless, they can just feed off of the other's endless neediness and sap each other dry.

And what condition does Spencer have that makes his mouth hang open all the time? Adenoids? Allergies? Apnea?  He forever looks dazed and confused and witless.

No words for Aviva & Whats-His-Name.  So incredibly bad at acting!  So incredibly boring trying to stay relevant! She is just milking her 15 min for every last nano second.  I hope she disappears from TV when this show ends.

• Love 1
Rachel should just pack her bag cuz he is not going to marry you any time soon or ever. Girl, pick your dignity up off the floor and go home.

Yeah, seriously. I find her sad to watch. it's depressing that she's too dumb to see through Tyson's manipulations and even when she does see them, she just doesn't have the confidence to move on. She really does do everything in their relationship and he probably tells her all the time that she's lucky just to be with him and should just be grateful, instead of whining to get married. I could see his manipulations bordering on emotionally abusive. It's uncomfortable to watch and I just want her to get out of that relationship. Even if he does eventually agree to get married, everything else that she wants will always be a battle with him. They'll be where Spencer and Heidi are in terms of having kids. He'll get to pick where the live, where she works, etc. It'll be terrible. Although I did agree with him last week about the dumbness of needing an expensive wedding ring so that she could beat her friends at the ring game. She needs to get over the status crap. Oh and Rachel? When your boyfriend/bootcamp partner is Tyson, you do not get to call out other couples for not opening up enough. I don't even like Aviva and Reed, but seriously. That's too hypocritical on your part.

I thought it was a load of crap when everyone was trying to make Aviva feel like a prude and like she was wrong to be private. I would be exactly the same way and I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm in my 20s, so it doesn't have anything to do with age or being parents either. It's just about decency. People shouldn't be striving to be crazy attention-seekers like Natalie.

Natalie grosses me out. A few episodes ago Jacob said it was love at first sight when he met her and all I could think was how?!?!? She is not attractive in any way. I don't get Rachel running to her for help, considering the bullying that Natalie submitted her to a few episodes ago. Rachel is really such a helpless person. Yeesh. I actually lol'd when she said Natalie was a "strong" woman. 

I did think it was sort of hilarious that Spencer and Heidi bragged about their sex life during the spin the bottle game and then during the puppet show it turned out that wasn't true at all.

Props to Elizabeth for telling Heidi that a baby wasn't the answer to her problems. It is really awful when dumb, boring and aimless people have children for this reason. I've seen it way too often. Poor future kids.

Edited by wudpixie

I think Spencer and Heidi have completely lost the ability to be real people - every day is a new manipulation of reality to paint themselves as the victims.

Of course Heidi has to "forgive" Lauren Conrad. She's trying to remain relevant and  still clinging to her old lie about the sex tape. Even Perez Hilton came clean a few years ago that Spencer was the source of the rumor.

Haven't all the couples considered leaving boot camp forever?  It's hard to imagine the reality of boot camp being intense when they're there for 2 weeks and our viewing stretches out far longer with time to snark in between.

So two of the couples ended up "off the path." Both Kiwane and Tyson jumped into the water to bridge the distance between them and their ladies, but whoa, so different. Kiwane didn't hold back and jumped into the water almost immediately - and Syleena did as well, meeting him in the water. That shows me love and commitment and wanting to work together. On the other hand, stupid Tyson clearly didn't want to get in the water and when he finally did, Rachel just watched him and repeated later multiple times that he made the wrong choice. Honey, you made the wrong choice when you stayed with him.

• Love 2

The editing was especially manipulative tonight.  During the food fight episode, Natalie marched over and smeared frosting on Aviva and Reid's faces, and smashed a cupcake on Aviva's head.  One second leader, Aviva stands up with face and hair clean, stating - "But were you hurt when I didn't eat all the food?", then throws food at Natalie.  Plus, Jim did absolutely nothing when Natalie got up and smeared them with the cupcake, but he jumped in and tried to block Aviva throwing food at Natalie.  Then, when Aviva gets up and leaves the room, you could see frosting in her hair.  It's totally wonky.

I actually liked Natalie this episode. Weird.

Me too.  Natalie listened when Jacob was telling her (basically) that she escalated the fight, and instead of becoming defensive, she went to talk with Aviva.  I think Natalie knows that she didn't really "hit" Aviva, but was willing to apologize anyway.  It was Rachel, Spencer, and Heidi, who took this to a very ugly place.  I loved that Jacob blocked Spencer and told him to stop verbally attacking Aviva.  Jacob and Natalie did these things even though they don't like Aviva and Reid, and they do like Spencer and Heidi. 

Listening to Rachel say she wants Aviva and Reid gone was amusing.  Rachel is a complete non-entity and has zero pull.  She's a doormat with Tyson, but wants to put her foot down with A/R.

Natalie is loud, impulsive, and has no filter.  But she doesn't seem deliberately cruel and manipulative like Heidi, Spender, and Aviva.  She and Jacob seem invested in the experience, rather than there for the check like most of the others.

So Rachel thinks strong arming Tyson into marriage is the solution to her problems.  Nothing says happy marriage like an ultimatum. And what are these "experts" teaching these people if they are also thinking a proposal on the finale is a good thing for them.  How many times does he have to say and show that he doesn't want to get married! 

Aviva and Reid are a buzz kill and don't play nice but no one deserves the kind of verbal abuse that Spencer doles out and doesn't even get called out for.  Unbelievable.  Yeah, Heidi, this guy is father material.

So Rachel thinks strong arming Tyson into marriage is the solution to her problems.  Nothing says happy marriage like an ultimatum. And what are these "experts" teaching these people if they are also thinking a proposal on the finale is a good thing for them.  How many times does he have to say and show that he doesn't want to get married! 

Seriously. I actually thought Tyson had a point when he said that the other couples don't necessarily have better relationships just because they're married. However, he should move on if Rachel insists on marriage and he really doesn't want that.

I was also creeped out by Reid. You can't hang out at a club without trying to be a john? Yech.

• Love 2
(edited)

i know Heidi was waaaaay drunk at the club and on the bus, but her Aviva rant was just more of her same childish behavior. Apparently if you are in Heidi's presence, you must fawn all over her, tell her how awesome she is and show general BFF bestie behavior. if you contradict her or even ignore her, then you are a "disgusting and awful person". You hurt her feelings and you are disrespectful if you ask her to please not bellow insulting commands that are peppered with four-letter words. She disrespectfully and rudely asked Aviva to "give me a fucking water", so Aviva said "please don't speak to me like that." Aviva dared to challenge her, and Heidi lost it. I guess Heidi believes there are only 2 kinds of people in the world...Heidi sychophants or EVIL HATERS. I hope either she or Spencer turn out to be infertile because there is no way either one of them is emotionally intelligent enough to have a kid in their care. I'm no Aviva fan, but she did not deserve to be spoken to like that.

So if Tyson proposes because he was peer presured into it it still doesn't mean anything. He could string her along for another 6 years just by telling her "But Babe! We're ENGAGED! I gave you the ring you wanted." Rachel should just walk away. I'm confused by Tyson's (or any reluctant mate) explanation that he's afraid of the "financial responsibility" he'll take on by getting married. Taking his Survivor prize out of it...you already live together & share expenses, right? She has a job now right? Unless she told you flat out that once she gets the ring on her finger she'll be taking up permenant residency on the couch with a box of bon-bons, how will all the financial responsibility be on him? He's a big baby-man and she needs to look for someone who can at least give her a 60-40 split on the emotional needs chart. She's stuck in a 95-5 ratio with that selfish prick now.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 4

I think it's obvious that Tyson doesn't want any part of marriage because he thinks he's the cat's pajamas.  He suspects he'll score someone better (or someoneS better) than Rachael.  She seems nice but I fall nearly catatonic when she's on screen. 

Man, Heidi is way too old to be pulling the HS/College drunk girl shenanigans.  I don't have a clue why any of them run to her when she is drunk and pulling the drama.  Stop rubbing her back, agreeing with her, and giving her the 'there there' and her behavior might change.  Also sucked that Natalie, who shockingly dealt with the situation in an adult manner, slipped backward by "proving" her friendship to Heidi by yelling at Aviva.

Don't get me wrong, Aviva also sucks but, damn.  I honestly just want to rescue Syleena from this house of horrors.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't figure out why this particular group thinks they are in a game show where the goal is to make all the other contestants miserable . If they concerned themselves more with their partner and less with Aviva/Reed, maybe they would get along. Heidi shows no growth at all - even Spencer has shown more. I am more disgusted by Jim and Elizabeth letting this abuse of fellow casts mates go on than by their silly exercises.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am more disgusted by Jim and Elizabeth letting this abuse of fellow casts mates go on than by their silly exercises.

So true.  It's almost like they want to be part of the cool kids group by not calling out any of these people on their bad behavior.  I think they are more offended when Aviva and Reid resist some of the lame exercises which are obviously for entertainment and not for therapy than when Spencer and Heidi are doling out their verbal abuse.  If anything it almost seems to be encouraged by Jim and Elizabeth because they are personally offended that someone would dare think the exercises are lame. No way in hell would I shove several hot dogs and meat balls in my mouth either.  What does that prove?

Edited by Palomar

Either the polygrapher sucked, or they edited that portion to imply people lied/didn't lie when it was the opposite.   When Aviva denied wanting her first husband she was supposedly lying.  I watched RHONY.  Aviva's ex is a fat, balding, middle-aged putz who never grew up, and lives off of his elderly parents.  Aviva clearly doesn't want the guy.

Tyson has been moved to tears twice now.  Once by memories of his grandfather and once by Spencer.  Never by Rachel.

The exercise was stupid.  How would Elizabeth like her husband getting drunk and getting hit on?

• Love 1

Yawn...

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/03/11/kendra-wilkinson-and-hank-baskett-marriage-boot-camp/

This brings us to this important moment, the moment when Kendra and Hank take their public messiness even more public by signing up for the next installment of WeTV’s Marriage Boot Camp, to be aired beginning this May. The same network that airs Kendra on Top will now help the couple explore their issues through useful exercises “such as forcing the couples to pull the plug on their coma-stricken partner to feel what life would be like without them, partnered with Boot Camp staples such as the lie detector test and divorce court,” says WeTV.

Other cell cast mates for season three include Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Lauren Pesce from Jersey Shore and The Sorrentinos, Aubrey O’Day and Travis Garland from Making the Band and Celebrity Apprentice, Tami Roman and Reggie Youngblood from Basketball Wives, and Jeff Schroeder and Jordan Lloyd from Big Brother.

This show has been one of the worst things I've ever watched on tv. It's not even an entertaining kind of trashy, it's a "I'm horrified that these people exist" kind of trashy. I definitely should have quit after the first episode, but was curious about the bootcamp "exercises".

I don't even like Aviva, but Heidi is disgusting and abusive on every level. The scariest part is how the other women flock to her and try to bully her enemies in order to prove their loyalty to her. I know that's how bullying works in general, but watching it play out in this way is awful. Heidi is 28 and Rachel and Natalie are in their 30s. They are not teenagers (and even then this type of behaviour would be horrible and unacceptable). Maybe Aviva has said truly horrible things about Heidi or other people in the house off-camera that we haven't seen, but even so, this is not the way to deal with it.

I felt really badly for Rachel when Natalie and Heidi were bullying her, but she's awful too. I have no respect for her trying to bully Aviva just to get Heidi's approval. Rachel is a loser with no spine. And for her to call out Aviva as constantly playing the victim? Uh, then what does she Heidi's crying and "I hate Aviva she's so mean to me" after constantly attacking Aviva and just expecting her to sit there and take it. She said the exact same things about Rachel earlier in the season. That's Heidi's excuse for being horrid to everyone. Rachel should be ashamed of herself. When Spencer and Rachel were trying to calm Heidi down after they got back from the club Rachel told Heidi that Aviva's just jealous of Heidi and "wants to be Heidi". Wow.  That is some scary delusion right there. 

I think Tyson doesn't want to commit to Rachel because he doesn't want to get married, but wants to keep her around because she's pretty and easily manipulated. There's no way he could ever be with a woman who was actually intelligent or personable. He's too insecure and would feel too inferior and emasculated being with someone like that, especially if they didn't try to soften themselves up by constantly telling Tyson how funny and smart and amazing he is. Plus they wouldn't he easily manipulated. And I don't think he could deal with that at all.

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 2

I know! WTF is all that "Rachel is MY friend, and Natalie is MY friend...." so God forbid anyone else should speak to them. I felt sorry for Heidi at first because Spencer was such a douche (it was my first experience with either of them) but now I'm not sure which one is worse!

• Love 1

Well.... what did we learn here?

Aviva can't accept an apology nicely. 

Although exactly what DO you say to someone that abuses alcohol when you think they should quit doing that thing which causes them to behave in ways that need apologizing for? Heidi is still as vapid and clueless as ever.    I was surprised by Jacob staying with Natalie, but he obviously really loves her.   Tyson and Rachel surprised me.... especially the update at the end.  The other 3 couples staying together did not surprise me by this episode.  

Jim and Elizabeth.... if you knew all along how rude everyone was being to Aviva and Reed... why not use it as a teaching tool for these same skills the couples were supposed to be learning in their marriages..... rather than wait until the end of the boot camp to whine that the couples are focused externally rather than internally.  The newest co-director seems to actually have a counseling background. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

Heidi is horrifying. She's probably the worst person I've ever seen on reality tv. Her and Spencer are perfect for each other - but not for positive reasons. They're both histrionic, bullying, immature, underdeveloped, cruel and narcissistic people who fuel each other on in all of their worst tendencies. I don't know why all the emphases in bootcamp has been on how immature Spencer is. Heidi is just as bad. I agree with the wish that they're both infertile. I hope neither of them are ever on tv again. They can either try to become positive, productive members of society or just spend the rest of their lives wallowing in their unhappiness and living off of Spencer's family.

I haven't even seen the new episode, not sure if I will because this season has been so unpleasant to watch. (Is that why Previously TV stopped recapping the show?)

I read online about Rachel and Tyson's update and maybe this makes me a horrible person, but it makes me sad that Rachel stayed with him. Yes, she got what she wanted in the end, but the whole dynamic of their relationship makes me uneasy. Opposites attract and that's totally fine, but that's not what this relationship is. A lot of Tyson's affection for her is built on the fact that she defers to him and she is easily manipulated by him and that creeps me out. He obviously likes her because she really fits the "be seen, not heard" expectation of women in relationships. He always gets to be the funny, smart, personable one, while she stands in a corner and says nothing except to validate him and tell him how great he is. He gets validated by the fact that not only is she taking on this role in the relationship, but she's a very attractive woman who's taking on this role, and I think he feels that this makes him look really awesome to other people, especially other men. And he needs that because I think he's actually very insecure. I don't think he could ever be in a relationship with any woman he truly felt was intelligent or personable. (They kind of remind me of another Survivor couple, Rob and Amber, who I always thought had the same dynamic.)

I've heard him say that he loves Rachel because she's beautiful, fun and his best friend and I think that supports my perception of their relationship. I really think the "fun" part means "does whatever I want" and the "best friend" part also means that. To me those are not good grounds for a solid relationship. But I guess Rachel is so unintelligent and boring that she can't see or doesn't care about any of this. Now that they're married and expecting a baby she probably thinks it's fine that she defers to Tyson for everything else for the rest of the life.

I also wanted to say that throughout the season I've been disturbed that the main complaints from almost all of the men have amounted to "my girlfriend/wife works too much, is too independent and doesn't cater enough to me". I get that in certain instances spending too much time working or being too independent to the point where you're distant or emotionally detached isn't a good thing, but there was too much emphasis on this and the attitude of these contestants and of the boot camp people smacked of "women should be more subservient to their men". It just smacks of misogyny and defining relationships by dumb gender role divisions.

Edited by wudpixie

I don't get Tyson.  I flat out hated him on Survivor, and continue to dislike him on this show.  I don't understand Rachel.  She has a depressed affect.  I don't know if that means she's depressed or if that's just her, but she was a non-entity on Survivor.  She sat next to Tyson in the finale when he won, and there was very little connection between them.  Now he gets to be the hero for marrying her, but considering their baby will be born in a few months, I would imagine that was the true reason they married.  When Tyson talked about not wanting to be financially responsible for Rachel and children, I wondered if what he really meant was he doesn't want Rachel getting her hands on his Survivor money.

I personally don't think their dynamic is like Rob and Amber.  I don't like those two, but I saw their Survivor season and their Amazing Race season.  I kind of got the opposite vibe from Tyson/Rachel.  Rob fell hard for Amber.  He even blubbered a little when he thought he couldn't protect her.  I really thought she was using him and planned to dump him.  When he proposed on the finale I was shocked.  He may be loud and arrogant, but I think she rules the roost and he dances to her tune.  Maybe their relationship is more equal because they both won Survivor, I don't know.

RedheadZombie, I have no idea who would try this hard to marry Tyson. He always came off as such on a jerk when he was on Survivor. I still remember his first season when he was so horrible to Sierra. And while I don't think he's dumb, he's definitely not as smart or as funny as he thinks he is. Is there no else in Utah that Rachel could have dated?

When was Marriage Bootcamp filmed? Is it possible that Rachel was pregnant when they were filming? Because it would actually make a lot of sense if that is the true reason they got married. I wasn't surprised to hear they got engaged, but I was definitely surprised they got married so quickly and that Rachel is already pregnant. I figured Tyson would drag his feet for years on that issue. Or maybe as soon as they got married Rachel just figured it was okay to throw her birth control away and then got pregnant right after. Also, for all the focus throughout Bootcamp on Spencer being too immature to be a father, I think Tyson is just as immature and ill-prepared for that. 

The financial responsibility part makes sense to me because I don't think Tyson works a real job. At one point he worked part-time managing a bicycle shop, but I don't know if he even does that anymore. And I don't think he has any desire to work. So he basically has his Survivor and Bootcamp money, but after that runs out maybe it will be hard for him to provide for a while family.

I get what you mean what Rob and Amber's dynamic. They probably are dissimilar in that maybe Amber does to make a lot of decisions for her and Rob and Rob was always very into her. But I think the reasons he's with and into her and the reasons Tyson's with (but not necessarily into) Rachel are very similar. It also seemed to me that both had a lot to do with being an insecure wannabe alpha male who wanted to get an attractive female partner because that's what they think alpha males are expected to do. Both of them seem to want to be the personality of the pair and they get validation from the fact that not only are they with the attractive woman, but she never outshines them in any way and her role is to tell their male partner how great he is all the time. Even the way that Boston Rob and Tyson describe Rachel and Amber are very similar. But yeah, Rob doesn't manipulate and lead Amber on the way Tyson does with Rachel.

I think it's funny that all the couples staying together or progressing in their relationship will lead to the Bootcamp people being like "see, our show is awesome, it really does work". Which, no. These couples probably stayed together in spite of the Bootcamp, not because of it.

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 1

Two things about Tyson.  He thinks he's very smart, and he rudely corrected someone's language on the Survivor season he won.  Yet he said last night, "My mind is weighing heavily on the issue", when it should have been - the issue is weighing heavily on my mind.  So Tyson - I'm correcting you, asshole.

Also, the pretending he didn't know how to button his shirt with this tie.  Isn't he Mormon?  I have never met a Mormon male who hasn't gone on a mission, and proselytized door to door.  He knows how to wear a dress shirt with tie.  Big faker.

• Love 1

Ah yes, the "rustle feathers" incident. I also remember him saying that he wanted to gouge his eyes out with a spoon so he wouldn't have to listen to Monica talk. Because I guess in Tyson's world we hear things through our eyes. He's definitely not super bright, but probably just looks smart compared to everyone else in the world of reality TV.

Not buttoning the shirt and tie is so fake. He has repeatedly said that he lived in the Philippines for 2 years doing missionary work and I once heard him tell a story about ejaculating all over a suit he was wearing after falling asleep on a plane (Yes, it was so gross. I wish I could remove that knowledge from my brain.) His whole "I'm just a laid-back bro and I don't care about anything" is such an act. I think he's actually super anxious and insecure. 

I'm starting to agree about Rachel secretly wanting the spotlight. It's like she wants it, but doesn't know how to get it and knows she isn't really loud enough for it. But all the ridiculous bullying of Aviva made me see she is just as much of a drama queen as Heidi. And if all these fights were caused by people badmouthing other participants to each other then we should have seen some of it. The editing on this show was so horrible and choppy.

Even though I think Rachel and Tyson are a poor fit for each other, I think they'll last. They'll see it as too much work to ever split up and try to find other partners.

Every time Heidi was on screen it reminded me of how sad it is that there's so much pressure on women to have perfect appearances that she felt the need to get insane amount of plastic surgery, yet Spencer is hideously unattractive and no one was telling him to get plastic surgery. Not that I want men to get the same pressures. I want women not to have that pressure.

• Love 1

Where did Tyson get that ring he gave to Rachel? Hmmm? Clearly he hadn't been carrying it around with him, as he was the one who didn't want to get married.

I tend to think the whole thing was planned from the beginning....to play out the reluctant groom and her giving him an ultimatum.  They probably felt they needed a story with a happy ending besides the other ones staying together despite their issues.  I don't think for a second any of these people considered leaving their relationship.  Sorry to say, but it was most likely a convenient pay day and they each played their expected part.

• Love 1

Even though I will watch reruns of this show when nothing else is on, I'm out for next season.  I cannot stand Kendra and Hank.  I just think the whole I cheated is one big storyline to try and keep them in the news/gossip rags, so that their "career" keeps bringing in the money.  

This show really needs to be titled Additional 15 Minutes for Has Been Reality Stars, or Keeping up with the F Listers.

Edited by hoosier80
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sadly I really can't stay away from anything involving Jeff and Jordan. I do feel like they will be the Trista and Ryan of this season though with no real issues.

Edited by Ohgeez
  • Love 3

The couples are ambushed by a shotgun wedding on the first day of boot camp. Stars are blindsided by unexpected guests who object to their relationships. Kendra explodes when she is confronted by her mother.

Just saw the First Look and man, they are scraping the bottom of the reality "star" barrel. I don't even remotely recognize any of them. 

I am, however, looking forward to Jim getting clocked in the head in one of the ridiculous exercises.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am, however, looking forward to Jim getting clocked in the head in one of the ridiculous exercises.

LOL CoyoteBlue! Now, now, Kendra is going to jump up and holler that someone done ate your soul for that one, rise Up! Bwahahahahahahaha Edited by lasandi
  • Love 1

I have never watched one episode of this seemingly awful show before, but I am embarrassed to say that I will watch ANYTHING that Jeff & Jordan appear on, so I guess this show just got one new viewer?

That being said, the only other couple I'm familiar with is Hank and Kendra, who repulse me, so I don't know if even my blind love for Jeff and Jordan will make this show palatable for me.

• Love 9

Damn, The Situation looks rough. And who is the chick with him? Did he get married and nobody noticed? She's looking rough too. Blech!

When did Kendra become a southern Baptist minister?

• Love 9

When did Kendra become a southern Baptist minister?

I avoid this show like the plague because it's just not that interesting but whomever put that trailer together deserves an award for this scene alone because I.AM.INTRIGUED.  I am fighting every temptation to tune in to see what the heck is going on with Kendra in this scene.

• Love 3

I avoid this show like the plague because it's just not that interesting but whomever put that trailer together deserves an award for this scene alone because I.AM.INTRIGUED.  I am fighting every temptation to tune in to see what the heck is going on with Kendra in this scene.

So agree.  I've never even heard of this show.  And it's supposedly on season FIVE?  I hate Kendra and don't really see why she and Hank Baskett are considered celebrities, but I suppose when you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, she is one of the biggest names there.  The "RISE UP!  RISE UP!" intrigues me.  Resisting the temptation to see what it's about.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have never watched one episode of this seemingly awful show before, but I am embarrassed to say that I will watch ANYTHING that Jeff & Jordan appear on, so I guess this show just got one new viewer?

That being said, the only other couple I'm familiar with is Hank and Kendra, who repulse me, so I don't know if even my blind love for Jeff and Jordan will make this show palatable for me.

Me too! Never saw this, saw a commercial on TLC an hour ago, saw Jeff...now I'm here.  I thought Jeff & Jordan would be above this. I'm a little bummed about that. But so far, pillows and juice...no major issues.

Like everyone else is saying, what the hell is wrong with Mike's face? I tried to Google and found nothing except an article on Pauly D who is sporting a puffy face and they blame that on steroids. Mike is supposed to be clean and sober and he seems like he is, but maybe he's not counting roids? But if he does steroids, why would he start now? Seems like it would have been a long time habit. Bad surgery?

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

I bailed on this last year because it was so awful. I REALLY hate the "therapists," and the only people I even have a remote idea of are Kendra, Hank and the Situation, but I've never seen their shows. First episode, and I don't think I'll make it through this year either. However, I enjoy the snark, so if I watch this year, I blame you all. : )