Type keyword(s) to search

Marriage Boot Camp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have never watched one episode of this seemingly awful show before, but I am embarrassed to say that I will watch ANYTHING that Jeff & Jordan appear on, so I guess this show just got one new viewer?

Count me in as a new viewer by way of Jeff and Jordan love. They should not be on this. Run run run, as fast as you can, J&J ... I hope they got paid well to be around these lunatics.

Jordan's "beats the purpose" reminded me why I love them.

• Love 8

Someone should do a show with the therapists from this show, from "Sex Box" and from "Married at First Sight."  Maybe an intervention to stop them from dishing out bad therapy.  Could be hosted by Dr. Drew (although he should really be a patient).

God, I miss Tool Academy.  At least that show didn't take itself seriously.

• Love 2

Count me in as a new viewer by way of Jeff and Jordan love. They should not be on this. Run run run, as fast as you can, J&J ... I hope they got paid well to be around these lunatics.

Jordan's "beats the purpose" reminded me why I love them.

Jeff and Jordan are too nice to be on this show. They were probably recruited to bring an element of normalcy to the show. They are the sacrificial lambs among a pack of wolves.

• Love 5

I love pretending like Jeff and Jordan are above it all. They want to be on TV just like most people who do these shows. Jeff, in particular, loves being on TV. Come on.

• Love 6

I'm guessing that Mike has had some poorly done botox. His forehead moves but not like it should. He also has acne from steroid use, over arched brows, and the end of his nose is growing in Pinocchio proportions. I'm not sure what caused the chipmunk cheeks. Then again, I have always assumed he takes his shirt off to shift focus from his face.

Hank cheated or he didn't. Whether the woman with whom he cheated is cisgender or transgender is irrelevant. Shut up show.

• Love 5

Call me crazy, I never thought I'd say it, but watching the enhanced narrated episode and I like Mike.  I do. There. Said it.  Thought he was the biggest toolbag on JS, but without the competition, drugs, and the ego knocked down a few, I am enjoying him.

His face still looks like molding clay, though.

• Love 7

Call me crazy, I never thought I'd say it, but watching the enhanced narrated episode and I like Mike.

I agree. The "watch-it" episode with comments is the ONLY way to watch this show...kinda like a show within a show. Much more enjoyable.

(edited)

So I succumbed and recorded this. I've watched just enough Girls Next Door and Kendra on Top to be ashamed :) and to "know" a couple of things:

1) This probably is another paycheck to Kendra and Hank as much as anything. They can't seriously still be stuck at this same impasse, can they?

2) "The Devil" probably has eaten that witch mother's "soul." Big, whomping pieces of the WTF puzzle for me regarding Kendra fell into place the moment we met mama years ago.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 4

Hank cheated or he didn't. Whether the woman with whom he cheated is cisgender or transgender is irrelevant. Shut up show.

God, seriously.  The fact that the show (and Jim and Elizabeth) kept drilling the trans angle instead of the cheating angle was frankly disgusting. (And when Aubrey O'Day is the voice of reason in one of her talking heads?  You in danger, girl!)

Anyhow, this cast seems much more likable than last season's by a mile. Aubrey and her BF seem well suited as due Tami and her BF. However, I was super turned off by the idea that Tami needs to buy into another marriage in order to have a successful relationship. I feel for her... she clearly has feelings for the guy she's seeing, but she knows herself and her situation well enough to know what she wants. And what she was is a possible relationship killer. 

Mike and Lauren  and  Jeff and Jordan don't strike me as good for one another...but we'll see.

Springing Kendra's mom on her? Gross, disgusting, and too real for this show. 

• Love 3

I don't much care about any of these couples. I have no idea who Jeff and Jordan are (except for what I've seen on this episode), but they are way too nice to be here. Ugh, Aubrey. Please just have a seat and lay off the self-tanner. And her boyfriend's man-bun makes me want to grab some scissors. Kendra and Hank will apparently be bringing all the drama. Mike, eh. I don't know - I never really hated him but never really liked him either.

I said all that to say this - I am all in for RW San Francisco's Tami. Yes, I know she was in some other reality show, but I care not. She will always been RW Tami for me and I am already loving her. Watching her get excited over the other couple's juicy relationship gossip made me laugh out loud several times. And she does seem well suited to her man. I'm ready for it!

• Love 3

As awful as this show is, I have to admit I'm drawn to it.  The only person I have a history of watching is Tami from her Real World days.  Boy, am I old.  

The "therapists" proved how unqualified they are by springing K's mom on her.  I watched a bit of the last season of KoT due to the tabloid stuff, to find out who they were (never saw Girls Next Door). Her mom is the hottest of messes.

Having dealt with age-difference issues myself, I think Reggie and Tami have a wide divide to bridge if they're going to stay together.  And can someone tell me the deal with Tami only getting together with NBA players?

• Love 1
(edited)

Well I am watching this as a former Girls Next Door fan - I've looked in on all of the "girls'" shows since then. Kendra was always my least favorite - but for those who didn't watch let me tell you why her mom was REALLY pissed when Hank proposed - it was because she LOVED LOVED LOVED hanging out at the Playboy mansion. She had no problem with her 19 year old daughter being part of a posse of playthings for an octogenarian - and every time she was there she was even dropping hints to Hef to move her in too - as if. But he bought her a new nose and those boobs. After Dustin Diamond, she is my least favorite person from reality TV.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 9

I'm a newbie here, because of Jeff and Jordan ... and I'm not sure if I can stomach all this manufactured drama. But I'll go look now for the narrated episode! That's a sign that I'm already hooked.

I'll take Jeff & Jordan anyplace I can find them.  They're adorable and I feel they genuinely care for each other.  

Mike "The Situation"?  I can't see him without hoping for a replay of one of these:

tumblr_mfhts2kR6b1rlltd9o1_500.gif tumblr_lqobdiKvhT1r0ojhto1_250.gif

• Love 5

While some of the exercises they conduct are effective, others are ridiculously bogus.  The "You jump out of the burning building! No, you! No, you!" and the coffin exercise have no practical use in improving the couples' communication skills, empathy, mutual understanding, or problem-solving skills.  The fact that they didn't confront Traci Braxton over her "morning vodka," a.k.a. addiction, shows that they're not competent IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven't watched this show since last mid-season, because I despise Natalie Nunn, and these so-called "therapists." However, I too was intrigued by Kendra's televangelist routine, so I tuned in LOL:

The Situation and his GF: The lack of drugs/booze may attribute to the puffiness in his face (which was no prize before, I thought that was the obvious reason why he walked around shirtless all the time, but I think most of it is plain old age. Wasn't he pushing 30 when he was on JS? And that was close to 10 years ago (God, I'm old), so now almost 40. Admittedly, he seems to have washed off the scent of douchebag and is likable enough to watch. 

Aubrey and Manbun: Super mismatched, not only because he's short and white (Aubrey does love the chocolate ™ Tami LOL), but because he's a nobody. Aubrey is a class A attention whore, and being with him is going to get her absolutely no where. The clock is ticking on them.

Tami and her NBA Man: I don't know him but DAMN my jaw dropped when he walked into the room. Brotha is FINE. Tami looks great too. Their situation is a sad reality of couples with such a dramatic age difference, and unfortunately, one of them will have to compromise if they want to stay together. I remember Tami from her RW days (seriously, I'M OOOOLDDD!!!), but I'm waiting for beer drinking-weave-pulling-Basketball Wives Tami to make an appearance. Only a matter of time, otherwise she wouldn't be on this show, LOL.

Jeff and Jordan: I don't watch Big Brother so I don't know these two, were they drama filled on that show? Pretty vanilla couple, even they seemed to have a hard time explaining why they were there (other than the paycheck, obviously).

Hank and Kendra: Sigh, I am so confused by these two. So Hank never actually came right out and admitted that he cheated with a transsexual? That flashback to their show shows him just dancing around the subject, and apparently that's all that's been happening. It was a low blow for those "therapists" to bring out her nut job mother too. It's sad because I was routing for these two when they got together and got married. From Kendra's account, Hank basically rescued her from a not so great situation being in the Playboy Mansion. I know people loved GND, but I'm sorry, those girls were nothing more than a glorified herum for Heffner, paid to keep up his image. Kendra herself said in her book that they received and an allowance and were kept under tight supervision, and were also required to sleep with Heffner once a week. Hank gave her some sort of normalcy and peace, IMO. This does not excuse what he allegedly did, but man…for the sake of their kids, I wish they would have worked through this more privately. Then again, what are either of them doing for money these days? Hank hasn't played football in years, and I still don't get what Kendra has done since GND and her reality show, so…money talks, I guess *shrug*

Edited by Angelsmom1009
  • Love 3

So I watched this show on Friday. I don't understand how Kendra has become some religious zealot when I'm pretty sure she's famous for showing off her who haw and tittays. I also recall them being on Wife Swap and her life consisted of a nanny watching her kids, her going out and partying with Friends and Hank being a stay at home dad. I don't blame Hank at all for straying - not that I condone cheating - but they seemed like a hot mess. What mom goes out partying on a weekly basis with girlfriends? I don't know who this Jeff and Jordan are. Tami is 45 years old and the dude wants kids with her? I'm not even sure if her uterus hasn't fallen out by now by all the NBA players she has banged. Her boyfriend is hilarious though. I will give him that. Aubrey is so annoying. Her boyfriend seems like a twirp because seriously who has hair like that. and Mike from JS.....Yeah he looks rode hard and put away wet.

• Love 4

Finally watched the first ep. Yikes. I'm not sure if my love for J&J and Tami will get me through this shite.

I love pretending like Jeff and Jordan are above it all. They want to be on TV just like most people who do these shows. Jeff, in particular, loves being on TV. Come on.

Heh. Of course they do, as you said, especially Jeff. And he can be a champion shit-stirrer, which is why I think the producers of this crapfest ultimately signed him and Jordan up. But again, I unapologetically love Jeff and Jordan. I can't help myself.

This:

AND THIS:

when Aubrey O'Day is the voice of reason in one of her talking heads?  You in danger, girl!

Jesus, show, get your shit together. Also totally agree with everyone else that springing Kendra's HORRIBLE garbage person of a mother on her was a terrible thing to do.

• Love 2

I get that part of Jeff and Jordan's shtick is for her to mangle the English language and him to point it out, but... it would drive me crazy to have someone correcting my grammar all day.

Yes, and on television, no less!  Now, if Jordan were part of the clan over there in "Arranged," no one would correct her and she'd be none the wiser.  They all  speak "mangled English." 

look -- that wasn't not funny!!

https://youtu.be/6pa0pqNDzp0?t=4m34s

ETA video link, because I had to go watch the fight again

One of the best RW quotes of all time! I never watched BB Wives, but I may have to in order to see Tami continue the cray. Her man is fine as hell, but he ain't getting a baby out of her! Tami is serious about keeping baby factory closed for business. I wonder if adoption might be a good compromise for them.

• Love 1

The participants are asked to play the blame game; and Travis lets Aubrey know what he thinks about her relationship with her assistant. Later, deathbed confessions prove emotional as Tami relives the past and Kendra pleads with Hank for the whole truth about the scandal that rocked their marriage.

I don't watch this, but I see the ads during breaks in Law & Order and I don't know any other place to put this. I am so over Kendra screeching "the devil stole your soul" and now "I want a good and kind man", now there's an ad running with someone saying something about someone watching her vagina for 2 hours. I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but I do possess a vagina and the last I noticed, it's inside and the only way anyone can see it is with a speculum.

• Love 3

I don't want to be disrespectful but I just have to say this show is BS and the therapists are BS. I'm only watching the show because of Jeff and Jordan and they are practically non existent. Travis is the biggest ass hole that ever lived and I cannot believe that most of the crap that is said is totally scripted. If I were Jeff and Jordan I wouldn't take that last exercise seriously either. I can respect anyone who has issued with pulling the plug after having to pull 4 myself. It's not s joking issue nor should it be played out in that type of setting. Maybe Jeff and Jordan have issues but they seem to be private people and knowing the scrutiny and pitfalls, of social media, after living in a fishbowl for two summers they are even more guarded. The rest of the couples are A type personalities and seem to thrive on being combative.

• Love 3
(edited)

You're brother just recently died?  And you clearly are still dealing with it?  Let's put you in an extremely triggering scenario!  Therapy!

Why did they have to press the button on a walkman to disconnect the life support?

Edited by MrHufflepuff

I don't want to be disrespectful but I just have to say this show is BS and the therapists are BS. I'm only watching the show because of Jeff and Jordan and they are practically non existent. Travis is the biggest ass hole that ever lived and I cannot believe that most of the crap that is said is totally scripted. If I were Jeff and Jordan I wouldn't take that last exercise seriously either. I can respect anyone who has issued with pulling the plug after having to pull 4 myself. It's not s joking issue nor should it be played out in that type of setting. Maybe Jeff and Jordan have issues but they seem to be private people and knowing the scrutiny and pitfalls, of social media, after living in a fishbowl for two summers they are even more guarded. The rest of the couples are A type personalities and seem to thrive on being combative.

If Jeff and Jordan insist on being private people, then get off my TV. Be private in private.

• Love 3

The absolute of stupidity of this show.  Seriously.  Pretend your partner is in a coma and then repeat the last nasty things you said to them.  That is so helpful.  These "therapists" would be better at what they do if they were in comas.  Okay, I thought I would watch this as a guilty pleasure but the pleasure part of that is gone.  Unless Kendra is yelling "rise up" I've  got nothing.  

• Love 3

If Jeff and Jordan insist on being private people, then get off my TV. Be private in private.

Wrong choice of words. I actually should have said guarded and not private. I would imagine that they were recruited as a counter balance to the other couples who let it all hang out. After all, the show needed "the perfect couple".

• Love 1

I may have imagined it, but did anyone notice that Mike's girlfriend's bruising and black eye was on the left, but when she was talking to Elizableth it changed to her right eye and then back to the left?  I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this deep emotional therapeutic exercise.  

• Love 1

This is one of my least.favorite exercises for the show. So manipulative with little to no real payoff for the boot campers. And especially when at least one of them has experienced pulling the plug on a loved one and another was dealing with the one-year anniversary of their sibling's death. I wish Mike's girlfriend (and Tami) had stuck to her/their guns about not doing it.

• Love 3

That pool table scene between Hank and Kendra spoke volumes.

I agree.  I think that Kendra loves that Hank loves her, but she isn't in love with him or very interested in him as a person.  She was probably greatly disappointed when he lost his identity as an NFL player, as that was probably her main attraction to him.  Before the scandal last year, she seemed to have a general disdain for him and she seemed unappreciative of how emotionally supportive of her he was.  The drama of his alleged affair is likely serving as a lengthy distraction from what she doesn't really want to look at, i.e., that they're incompatible and she isn't really into him.

• Love 6
(edited)

I agree.  I think that Kendra loves that Hank loves her, but she isn't in love with him or very interested in him as a person.  She was probably greatly disappointed when he lost his identity as an NFL player, as that was probably her main attraction to him.  Before the scandal last year, she seemed to have a general disdain for him and she seemed unappreciative of how emotionally supportive of her he was.  The drama of his alleged affair is likely serving as a lengthy distraction from what she doesn't really want to look at, i.e., that they're incompatible and she isn't really into him.

This, this. All of this.

My reading of Kendra matches yours exactly. I'm not sure she has the skills - or the will - to act on the fact her circumstances changed when she met and married Hank. At least not according to what she showed the world on KOT.

I don't get them as a couple generally (not that they care what I think...). The missing piece is Hank. I watched enough of KOT to wonder what the heck drew him to Kendra. Not in a judge-y "he's too good for her" way (necessarily). In a "what attracted him to her as a life partner" kind of way. They seem so basically incompatible.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Can someone tell me what Aubrey's boyfriend Travis'claim to fame is? I have never seen or heard of him. He doesn't seem like her type at all. 

Kendra and Hank: are we really supposed to believe that she is still waiting for Hank to tell her the truth or even tell a lie (Tell  her something on camera, dude) about the cheating thing? I feel sorry for her because without his football career Hank doesn't know how to make money so it's up to Kendra to figure it out. She has always resented him for that. So here they are playing the reality circuit until that well runs dry or Kendra finds somebody else. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
Kendra and Hank: are we really supposed to believe that she is still waiting for Hank to tell her the truth or even tell a lie (Tell  her something on camera, dude) about the cheating thing?

This is why I am getting sick of them - her whole season a year ago was her upset and him either not there or not answering questions.  According to The Soup they then re-ran that whole season with Kendra and Hank commenting on it from the sidelines.  And now this show - its been close to 2 years since the cheating thing and they're still together, at least for TV, but I don't believe for a second she's still waiting for him to "be able" to tell her.  Now I'm pretty much at the point where I don't believe anything happened anyway, and my limited amount of giving a care is gone.

• Love 4

Can someone tell me what Aubrey's boyfriend Travis'claim to fame is? I have never seen or heard of him. He doesn't seem like her type at all.

AFAIK, his only claim to fame is dating Aubrey. Same as Mike's girlfriend.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was flipping through the channels yesterday, when I saw Aubrey O'Day, The Situation, and Tami whats-her-name from the Real World sitting on a coach together. This was my introduction to this show.  I stayed on the channel. Aubrey, bless her heart. I remember her from "making the band." She was so young then, and I thought she had so much potential. I really thought she was talented and might go somewhere in the entertainment industry. But for whatever reason, it did not happen. I know she had some other reality show a few years back, and she did playboy, and then her group Danity Kane got together and then broke up again. I think she was on the apprentice too, no?  She wants so badly to be a celebrity, but now she's done at least four reality shows that I know of and her career is beginning to reek of desperation. She not a dumb chick. I hope she finds something else to do before it gets really pathetic.

I remember Tami from The Real World - the "it wasn't not funny", the wired jaw, the failed girl group, and let us not forget the abortion. So I guess she's kind of doing the same thing as Aubrey, now that I think about it.

But back to this show specifically. I have no idea who any of the other people are on the show. Oh, except for Kendra. She left Hef for Hank, right? As far as I can tell, they are one of the only married couples on the show. Which is weird, because isn't marriage the name of the show? I thought the idea was to save a marriage. They should call this show "Imploding F-List Hookups" But I guess that doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Can anyone tell me - has this show actually saved any of these relationships? Are any of the couples from past seasons still together?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Can anyone tell me - has this show actually saved any of these relationships? Are any of the couples from past seasons still together?

Trista & Ryan (from the Bachelorette) are still together, and Traci Braxton & her husband are still together. I'm sure there are a few more, but it's late & I'm tired ;-)

• Love 1

Trista & Ryan (from the Bachelorette) are still together, and Traci Braxton & her husband are still together. I'm sure there are a few more, but it's late & I'm tired ;-)

Let's not forget the rediculous Spencer and Heidi.

• Love 1