Type keyword(s) to search

Marriage Boot Camp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Why the hell haven't they really followed up on Lil Mo's husband's cheating?  Then again, I haven't watched all of last night's epi yet.  These people are outrageous.  Ugh.  But, I'm the idiot who watches it, so there you go.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2019 at 10:20 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

Dr V. Stop trying to look "hip hop" or whatever; it's just such a sad middle-aged white woman effort there, Karen. If V shows up with cornrows or dreads, I will scream.

I hate hate HATE her pathetic styling this season!  That hairdo with the braid and the rings down the middle?!!  You look like a Star Trek villian!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I need some sort of dictionary for this show.  Half the time I can't understand their slang terms.

Which terms?  You can always ask us here.  Or check out urban dictionary.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, OnceSane said:

Which terms?  You can always ask us here.  Or check out urban dictionary.

What the heck does cap or cap boy mean? They use it constantly on this show.

Thank you!  That was one of the terms I couldn't figure out ("Cappin'").  I just couldn't remember it to come here and ask.

I take it "lit" means either happy or high. 

I wonder how the pot use affected their lie detector results?

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 2

I couldnt stop staring at Nia's jugs last night in that red dress, they are the same size as Jessica Dime's booty. They looked painful. So glad this season is over, I'm not sure why I tortured myself watching it. 

• Love 2

Sheeshe. Dr. V's hair. She's definitely trying too hard with that getup. She looks like little Pebbles Flintstone.

They can miss me with that lie detector mess. I'm hating the way they are acting as if there is no way the results are wrong. I don't care how "professional" the testers are, all those interpretations are subjective. Why should J have to "face up with" and adjust to the results? Sorry, I'm believing her and they can take their pseudo science and toss it.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 2

I'm floored by Lil Mo. She keeps saying what a strong woman she is, but she stands by while her husband cheats. She has evidence. The claim that she's holding the family together doesn't work. Pathetic!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Rescue Mama said:

Is there a separate thread for the Family Edition?  This is my first season watching,  but the Feldman train wreck pulled me in.  

Does anyone even watch it anymore? 

The full series can be discussed in this thread, including the new "Family Edition" season! 🙂 

• Love 1

I'm fascinated by the story line for Corey Feldman and Aaron Carter.  No one will ever know the real truth other than the people who experienced it and even then memories can be different for different people.  Were they abused?  I think so, in some way.  Were they used as money makers for the family?  Probably.  Aaron Carters mom keeps talking about how she was doing her job as his manager, but at what cost to they're mother/son relationship?  When you're discussing the career of a 10 year old and you're casting blame on them?  That's not right.  You were the parent.  

• Love 4

Pretty grossed out by this season and the families in general.  Kids being forced to earn for their parents to steal their money and pat themselves on the back for it later?  Go to hell.  Having your daughter Cinderella for you because your mom did it to you?  Break the cycle, useless.  A man doesn't believe his little daughter when she says she was molested?  Pause only to hug her and tell her everything will be alright, then out the door to crack that fucker's head like an egg.  

Moms, you don't get to push all the blame onto the dads.  Dads, you don't get to push all the blame onto the moms.  And nobody gets to push the blame onto little kids. 

• Love 12

I guess now we know that the world famous House of Alexis couture collection didn't quite catch on like she thought it would?

Otherwise, why did Alexis and her mom agree to do this show?  

Think old Jim Bellino let her have the "real" engagement ring or the silly copy she wore out in public to keep the jewel thieves at bay?

Questions! Important shit questions!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, Drogo said:

Pretty grossed out by this season and the families in general.  Kids being forced to earn for their parents to steal their money and pat themselves on the back for it later?  Go to hell.  Having your daughter Cinderella for you because your mom did it to you?  Break the cycle, useless.  A man doesn't believe his little daughter when she says she was molested?  Pause only to hug her and tell her everything will be alright, then out the door to crack that fucker's head like an egg.  

Moms, you don't get to push all the blame onto the dads.  Dads, you don't get to push all the blame onto the moms.  And nobody gets to push the blame onto little kids. 

Well said!

• Love 1

At least this season has people I recognize and have heard of before.  I totally skipped the last season because I had never heard of any of them.  I suppose they have to have these ridiculous drills and exercises to keep the viewers attention, but man, I hope the participants are getting paid well for this embarrassment.  As always, the best part is the producers' behind the scenes commentary at the end.  I wish all reality shows did that.

• Love 1

Very random question, but why does Corey have such a normal name and Eden doesn't? I know we have nothing to do with the name given to us, but their names seem like such a mismatch. (Not that names have to be matchy-matchy). 

The thing that bothers me most about this show are the two people called "doctors" and professionals. I don´t know if they have credentials, it´s just so idiotic to act like what they´re doing is in any way professional or helpful. They´re making dramatic reality tv, that´s all. Having said that, I´m so happy to have come across this show, because I love Corey Feldman and I really like Alexis, she is genuinely kind and doesn´t deserve to be called fake and a liar for it. Then the Carter family mess is just scary and who doesn´t like to see that? (they´re almost worse than New York and her mom who was literally demon posessed and Cortney Stodden´s mother who was extremely cluster B)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:41 AM, TrixieTrue said:

Very random question, but why does Corey have such a normal name and Eden doesn't? I know we have nothing to do with the name given to us, but their names seem like such a mismatch. (Not that names have to be matchy-matchy). 

I wondered the same thing. Odd name for a man.

Why does Laura look so dirty?  She looks like she needs a hot shower.  Is that some type of make-up or something?  I know this is stupid but all I can focus on is her dirty face.  Did anyone actually call Alexis fake?  All i heard was them saying she lied, which she did.  I used to like her until watching this.  She's a big baby.  

Edited by Rescue Mama
  • Love 1

One thing I heard Corey say (in a previous episode, tho, not the latest one) is that Eden has never had a real relationship. Maybe that's true, but Eden's a nice looking guy and seems fairly considerate. I don't believe Corey here. He also never seems to make this statement in front of Eden, who might contradict him. 

I also find Courtney to be more likable than I initially thought. I don't know why she's with Corey. 

Aaron and his mom say all the right things. But Aaron is almost too enthusiastic, which I know sounds strange. It doesn't feel natural. But I hope he and his mom are in an ok place right now, since he clearly needs some family support. 

I don't think Alexis and her mom have a terrible relationship. They have very different communication styles and Alexis is much louder than her mom, which I suspect makes her mom shut down. Then Alexis feels like she's 'the mom.'  

and I hate Dr. V's animal-ear hairstyle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I've found I'm actually enjoying this season.  For some reason this group seems like they're actually learning from these odd exercises.  This last one with the art therapy seemed to get to them a lot.  One observation I had in regard to Corey and Eden is that Corey doesn't understand that Eden never feels acknowledged for any accomplishments.  He's spent his life in the shadow of his brothers fame and even when Eden has some of his own spotlight it's like a low wattage bulb.  I'm glad they had some breakthroughs.

• Love 2
On 11/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, zoltana said:

I've found I'm actually enjoying this season.  For some reason this group seems like they're actually learning from these odd exercises.  This last one with the art therapy seemed to get to them a lot.  One observation I had in regard to Corey and Eden is that Corey doesn't understand that Eden never feels acknowledged for any accomplishments.  He's spent his life in the shadow of his brothers fame and even when Eden has some of his own spotlight it's like a low wattage bulb.  I'm glad they had some breakthroughs.

But did Corey have one? Because at the end of the exercise where the kids were portraying them, they really seemed to get one another (and it's clear both had equally rough childhoods), and Corey said something like "I"m glad you're finally taking some responsibility." uh, what? Taking responsibility for being abused? Or saying that he understands why Corey left when he did? That took me out of the "nice" moment they were having. 

• Love 3

I feel really sorry fo Laura. What parent doesn't believe their child when they say they are molested? At the very least look into it. If I ever found out someone was hurting my child they had better hope the police find them before my husband or I do. But for her father to say it was never confirmed?! WTH! Did he actuallt think the guy would come to him and admit what he did?

I don't know why but I think there is something off about Courtney. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about her.

• Love 2
On 11/29/2019 at 11:56 AM, BravoAddict72 said:

I feel really sorry fo Laura. What parent doesn't believe their child when they say they are molested? At the very least look into it. If I ever found out someone was hurting my child they had better hope the police find them before my husband or I do. But for her father to say it was never confirmed?! WTH! Did he actuallt think the guy would come to him and admit what he did?

I don't know why but I think there is something off about Courtney. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about her.

::::raises hand frantically:::  I know, I know what’s off about Courtney, she’s married to Corey.  That guy is all about meme meme.   IMO. 

• Love 4

God, Corey Feldman is insufferable. I’m glad he found Courtney because I’m not sure very many women could be tempted to be someone so completely unable to see any faults in himself.Eden was so much more attractive and likeable than his brother. This show did Corey no favors.

• Love 5

I think both Corey and Courtney take offense at the slightest thing. For example, if Eden said "Did you bring the mail in today?", the response would be "I can't believe you asked me that. You never do anything for yourself and always expect me to do everything!" 

I liked Courtney at the beginning, but it seems like she goes along with a lot of Corey's bullshit and feeds into it. "I give him respect but he never reciprocates." 

I know we only see a small bit of what's happening, but Eden doesn't come across as rude or disrespectful. 

I hope Alexis and her mother can move forward and have a better relationship. I also like Laura and her family. I hope her parents believe her and that they all trust each other more. 

I was surprised at how much I liked Aaron and his mother. Sometimes I felt like Aaron was performing the role of someone who was committed to change. But there's something about him that's really sympathetic and I hope that his life gets better going forward.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Leilani said:

Is anyone watching the new HipHop Edition or am I in the wrong forum?

You're in the correct forum.  Episode 1 was boring to me.  And Michele's voice...I forgot just how much that voice grates on the ear.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can see everyone was as excited about this season as I was, lol

I watched maybe the first episode. Decided to watch the finale.

I don't really know the couples, but it seemed so bogus when the doctors dismissed that couple and sent them home a couple hours before the final ceremony. They were a "distraction?" There were only a couple of hours left. After all the hijinks that must have gone on, how could what seemed like a fairly average couple (for this show, at least) be such a distraction that the other couples couldn't make up their minds if they wanted to stay together or not?

I think the producers came up with this just to have a "twist" period.

• Love 1

Bianca & Chozus did not deserve to be at the end because they were not a real couple, he had a real girlfriend back home. They did not deserve to do the ring ceremony because there was nothing to decide and they learned nothing from all the counseling on the show. I rarely watch this show but I watched this whole season and I thought it was great.

3 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

Bianca & Chozus did not deserve to be at the end because they were not a real couple, he had a real girlfriend back home. They did not deserve to do the ring ceremony because there was nothing to decide and they learned nothing from all the counseling on the show. I rarely watch this show but I watched this whole season and I thought it was great.

I thought this was a great season too.  Super light on the drama, so it was easy to see people interact like humans, not running off at the mouth.  I was super impressed as to how they handled the press conference, especially given the way Tammy and Waka got all defensive the last time they had a Hip Hop Edition.

I didn’t learn everyone’s name even though I saw all the eps, but Bianca and Chozus are not the first ones to fake a relationship.  When Tara Reid was on with Dean, they were clearly not in a relationship, but they let them stay, because TR was allegedly some kind of star.  I found Bianca and Chozus interesting because they were levelheaded, but I guess the standards should just apply to all.

I also liked Michelle (I’m not even going to attempt to spell her name) and her boo for the same reason.  Relatable.  Styles P and his wife were also low-key and interesting and relatable.  Best couple in the house.

Joseline looked really, really bad staying in the house as she lost custody of her kid.  I don’t think they should let people be on who aren’t married or even engaged.

I guess Celo was supposed to be the star of this season, which is laughable.  I noticed they never mentioned anything that put him in a bad or even questionable light, so why even be there?  Why didn’t his weight come up once?  That’s one of his issues, but this show isn’t about issues, it’s about image, I guess. 

Farewell Dr V.  May you never return.

• Love 1

WTF, Tahiry fricking CHUCKS two apples straight into his face, and no one does SHIT. Then she tries to put that bullshit back on him and he loses it briefly and well, I still have no idea what he actually was doing, but he was laying hands so no bueno. If they remotely gave a real crap about domestic violence, they should have kicked Tahiry out already.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/6/2020 at 10:02 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

WTF, Tahiry fricking CHUCKS two apples straight into his face, and no one does SHIT. Then she tries to put that bullshit back on him and he loses it briefly and well, I still have no idea what he actually was doing, but he was laying hands so no bueno. If they remotely gave a real crap about domestic violence, they should have kicked Tahiry out already.

It seems we want equality everywhere except when it comes to self defense.  She threw apples at him and it was ok. Wtf? 

Edited by lasandi
I keep
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4